Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 97 of 115[ 4572 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100 ... 115  Next

Re: Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride (Ch4 Trial)Topic%20Title

"Hey." Urumi turned to face Otto. "When Kyle suggested you play around with the train, did he suggest a specific time to do it or anything?"

Shy guy

Cesar Zero wrote:
"But if Kyle didn't help the killer, that only leaves Keri, Koichi and Bryan as the people who could've gotten a gun, right? One of them would have to be a killer or accomplice, and I'm not sure how much sense that makes for the rest of the case."

"But once again, someone had to return the gun. And only you, Raul, had that opportunity."

"If we assume James and the killer were meant to cooperate somehow, I don't think it's out of the question for the killer to just record the code as it's being inputted either. They'd just need to delete the footage afterward."

KamiPanda wrote:
Cesar Zero wrote:
"But if Kyle didn't help the killer, that only leaves Keri, Koichi and Bryan as the people who could've gotten a gun, right? One of them would have to be a killer or accomplice, and I'm not sure how much sense that makes for the rest of the case."

"But once again, someone had to return the gun. And only you, Raul, had that opportunity."

Raul crossed his arms. "...I didn't say anything about whether or not that cleared me as a culprit, didn't I? I just said that whoever the culprit is, the case changes significantly depending on the method used to get the gun, and we should try to be consistent with our theories in that regard."
Signature loading, please wait...

ASCEND

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"Hey." Urumi turned to face Otto. "When Kyle suggested you play around with the train, did he suggest a specific time to do it or anything?"

"No, not really," Otto replies, "Besides, it's not like I had a choice or anything! I'm in charge of some very important stuff, you know! So he and I both knew that noon was the only free time I had. Robots like myself hardly have need to eat lunch, after all."
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"Alright, we have to be close to solving this already." Raul said, suddenly slamming his fist on his podium.

"Otto said earlier that both topics were answered, so the solution to those can't be anything too far off from what we've already figured out. So keeping that in mind, the solution is whatever causes the least amount of contradictions. What does that leave us with?"

"Bzzt, who do you think did it and why," V.A.L. asked Raul. "Because right now you are the top suspect, bzzt."

"That.:." Raul bit his lip. "Is it even necessary for me to say something? There is clearly only one theory that make sense. That has to be the correct choice."

Cesar Zero wrote:
"That.:." Raul bit his lip. "Is it even necessary for me to say something? There is clearly only one theory that make sense. That has to be the correct choice."

"Please elaborate," Koichi said. "We are running out of time."

fella

Bryan raised a brow at Raul's words. "That theory being...?"

Shy guy

"The theory with the fewest contradictions is the one Jack stated earlier. The two main contradictions there all come down to the same point, Kyle. Discounting that, all of it makes sense, all of the evidence is explained, everything ties together."

KamiPanda wrote:
"The theory with the fewest contradictions is the one Jack stated earlier. The two main contradictions there all come down to the same point, Kyle. Discounting that, all of it makes sense, all of the evidence is explained, everything ties together."

"If that's so, then what I said still applies." Raul simply says.

"...So should we take that as a confession?" Urumi questioned grimly. "Or did you have someone else in mind?"

"I said what we should focus on to find the truth, you guys found a theory that meets that criteria. It's as simple as that."

"I do not understand, bzzt," V.A.L. admitted. "Are you not arguing that you didn't kill Ultimate James, bzzt? Why are you, as humans say, rolling over, bzzt?"

"Tsk. Is my opinion truly so important?" Raul asked. "All of you have solved the cases that came before. If the answer is in front of you, then what else is there to say?"

"I suppose I would feel better if you admitted your guilt, bzzt," V.A.L. said. "Your...acceptance of our deduction, bzzt, yet the fact that you deny it, is confusing."

"I'm not denying anything. I am just letting the proof speak for itself. Would anyone value a confession more than the evidence, given what James did?"

Jack stared deeply at Raul. He almost looked pissed. "Let me ask you something, Raul. You're that heart-eating fuck, aren't you!"

"I'm not sure how that is relevant to the case at hand." Raul shrugged. "I guess that means I can say it if it means we can move on: yes, I ate Florian's heart and cast the immortality spell."

"T-That's...that's quite unsanitary..!"

V.A.L. beeped in alarm at the admittance.

ASCEND

"Golly, what a creep..." Otto remarks solemly.
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Last edited by Planetbox on Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fella

"... Q-Que mierda?!" Bryan exclaimed, looking completely bewildered, his eyes widened in surprise. "What the actual hell, dude?! That's... That's just fucked up on so many levels!" he sputtered, shaking his head back and forth. "S-So that whole self-healing thing was just a load of crap, then..."

"W... Wait, huh?" Urumi stammered, dumbfounded. "Wait, seriously...? So... Hold on, if you really are the killer, then what happens?"

Shy guy

"So it is true after all then... Such a thing goes beyond simply 'unnatural'. It goes against what it even means to be alive!"

ASCEND

"All this immortality talk sounds like total poppycock to me," Otto says, "Besides, the boss carefully mapped out all the executions before this game began, so it wouldn't be wise to go against their wishes!"

"That's assuming Raul is guilty in the first place, of course," Otto says with a shrug.

"If you all go ahead and end this, I'll explain everything. For now just...vote."

Shy guy

Still troubled by the recent revelation, Keri said "the issue remains that we still have not come to an entirely satisfactory conclusion... our answers to two of the more difficult aspects of the narrative are 'one of the game's moderators interfered directly'. That does not really feel right."

Raul sighed. "While I can't confirm anything for you...Kyle doesn't want to kill anyone. I'm inmortal. Perhaps those two facts are related?"

"Bzzt, are you suggesting Kyle helped you kill Ultimate James, knowing that you wouldn't die when punished, bzzt?" V.A.L. asked.

"If that fits into your theory then sure. The fact that Kyle was clearly unwilling to kill us before means this is not totally unfair." Raul elucidated.

"That is highly illogical..! A game moderator cannot be an accomplice to a murder like that! That goes against the foundations of this horrible game!"

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"That is highly illogical..! A game moderator cannot be an accomplice to a murder like that! That goes against the foundations of this horrible game!"

"Bzzt, does it? I don't see that anywhere in the rules, bzzt," V.A.L. said.

SiRReN wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:

"Bzzt, does it? I don't see that anywhere in the rules, bzzt," V.A.L. said.

"W-What..?!"

"I don't want to pressure anyone, but explaining what happened before the trial ends is also against the rules...maybe it's time to start voting if you want answers?"

"Seriously...? I don't have a good feeling about this at all..." Urumi muttered as she entered her vote.

fella

Bryan reluctantly punches his vote in. "Neither do I, Urumi... Neither do I..."

ASCEND

(A majority has been reached. Please stand by or literally die.)

ASCEND

Spoiler: Climax Reasoning
Jack calmly lights a blunt and blows out a plume of dense smoke. “…Alright. Here’s everything that happened in this case.”

“So it all started shortly after the duel was announced. For whatever reason, the killer talked with Kyle on the phone, and the two came up with a plan to kill James during the duel. To do this, they needed three things: a gun, a bullet, and a distraction. Kyle provided that last one by getting Otto to take the train for a joyride at noon, but as for the other too… they’re a little more complicated.

“First of all, the bullet. It would have been impossible to steal a bullet from V.A.L., so the killer was forced to get a bullet from the only other place they could get one: their own body. So a little after 9:30, they went to the undertaker, shoved a coffin against the door, and went about operating on themself. It was easy enough with their supposed immortality, and before long they had the twisted up remains of a bullet, which they pounded into a slightly more functional shape using the hammer.

“Next, they needed a gun. Fortunately, Kyle had been watching Keri input her password to the safe, and after a poor attempt at getting Koichi out of the post office, he managed to pass that info to the killer. Using the password, they were able to get a gun from the safe in the saloon, but not before stealing a blank from the top floor of the post office, which they were able to combine with their used bullet using the tweezers to make a functioning bullet.

“With their preparations taken care of, the killer headed to the saloon, which had the perfect view of where James would be standing. Keri and Urumi were there too, so he made sure to stay behind the bar and out of their sight. They waited until about three seconds before high noon and then fired their shot, inaudible over the sound of the passing train. Since James wasn’t particularly interested in the duel, he happened to be looking towards the killer at the time, which accounted for the gunshot appearing in his chest.

“Once the shot was fired, they slammed themselves into the stack of glasses in front of them and acted as if they had been shot, providing an explanation for the bullet hole in the saloon window. Then they told Keri and Urumi to leave the saloon, making sure to hide their wound, which had actually been caused by the glass shards. This gambit gave them the opportunity to return the gun to the safe upstairs, as if it had never been taken in the first place.

“Only one person had access to a gun, a bullet, and a clear shot at James.” Jack points his blunt at the killer, sparks flying from the tip. “The man who shot James Clement was actually you, Raul Deño!”

Spoiler: Post-Trial
“Huzzah! That’s correct!” Otto shouts, “The one who killed Mr. Clement was Raul Deño!”

Raul sighs in relief and smiles confidently. “Finally… I knew you all could figure it out.”

“So, it’s true, huh?” Bryan asks, “Why… Why’d you do it, Raul?”

“And what’s the deal with Kyle?” Urumi adds, “I didn’t know the people running this game were allowed to just interfere whenever they wanted.”

“Indeed, they most certainly aren’t! I’m quite curious myself,” Otto says, “It looks like two people here are due for an explanation… and let's not forget the victim, and the final message he left for us!”

MVPs: Jack, V.A.L.

Page 97 of 115 [ 4572 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100 ... 115  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus