Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 100 of 115[ 4572 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 115  Next

Re: Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride (Ch4 Trial)Topic%20Title

ASCEND

((Oh you guys can do the awkward cafeteria scene now if you want))
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Jack sat at a table, no longer keeping up his sobriety. An especially heavy cloud of smoke was surrounding him as he was deep in thought and muttering to himself. ”I guess I did hear a nyeigh now that I think about it.”

Shy guy

Keri had felt tired and drained after the trial, and had gone back to her room without much fuss. Seeing Jack the next day reminded her of the horse incident however, and she immediately diverted from her route to the kitchen to storm right up to him instead.

About half a minute later she'd stopped coughing from all the fumes she'd accidentally inhaled and was able to actually get to her point. "Jack. The horse. What happened?" she snapped, bloodshot eyes glaring at him.

“Well the details are still foggy, but Tachi-kun and I were shitfaced and playing with his gun—safely, I might add! But yeah if Otto is telling the truth...and he might not be!—then I might’ve missed the can and shot Kuzco-Extended-Horse-Edition.” He said, looking a little guilty. “But uh, who knows when it comes to that wacky robot, amiright?”

Shy guy

"Y-... you might have what?" Keri cried, spinning around to find Koichi in the room. "Koichi, is this true?" she demanded.

Koichi who walked in the room, looked startled at Keri.

"W-What..?"

Shy guy

"Did Jack really shoot a horse? With your gun?" Keri asked again, glaring at Koichi now. "I cannot exactly trust his own words, not after he hallucinated killing Mitzi."

Koichi raised his hands in the air.

"I...I'm sorry...w-we were drinking, and not thinking clearly..."

Last edited by CaptainPancakes on Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

“Man, this is why I said alcohol was no good news.” He sighs, puffing on a new joint.

Shy guy

Keri started breathing heavily, head darting wildly between the two passengers. She looked like she was about to snap again before she had another thought. "This must have been before the duel, yes? You were at the stables. You would have seen the state of the horses."

"W-We were intoxicated...and it wasn't intentional...we were attempting to shoot a can..."

“Eh? Nah, I was already baked at the time. That or I don’t remember.” He shrugged at Keri. “I didn’t really think what I did in my free-time could have actual consequences here. It hasn’t before...” He frowned.

Shy guy

"Koichi, you were there yesterday and you were sober, what did you see?" Keri insisted, growing quite agitated now.

"...I'm sorry, Keri," Koichi said, looking away.

"Yeah, same." Jack whimpered. "But to be fair, stuff can get out of hand when hanging with friends. Do you think it's easy to maintain an interesting rapport with someone this far in? It's not!"

Shy guy

"I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt," Keri said carefully, still breathing quite heavily. "The stables were investigated after James passed on, nobody reported one dead. There is still some hope. But Koichi, don't you ever give Jack a gun again. He cannot be trusted with it. Who knows what other animals he might accidentally shoot? You two could have even shot one of us back when you struggled with the gun!"

Koichi simply looked away, clutching his shoulder. His face was strained and he was tapping his foot anxiously on the ground.

"Whoa, there's no way we would've shot one of you guy! Nothing that consequential ever-eh, you know what forget it. Yeah, I'm sorry." He sighed. "And not for nothing, but I don't eat meat so in terms of animal murder I'm still like way above everyone here. Easy second place." He quickly glanced in VAL's direction. "Well, third."

Koichi got up from his seat and quickly through his uneaten food away, heading to the exit.

Shy guy

Keri sighed, visibly calming a little, though it didn't seem like she'd used her talent to do it. "A while back my neighbour shot and killed a poor fox, just for scavenging in his bin," she revealed. "I must have flown into somewhat of a rage, as I recall punching him unconscious, stripping him naked and then suspending him from the town monument for all to see. I would rather not have a repeat of that here."

fella

Bryan strolled on in only to hear Keri's most recent comment about her neighbor, and he sees Koichi heading to the exit as well. "Bad time? ... Yeah, probably a bad time," he remarked to himself as he stepped right back out.

Ignore

Last edited by JesusMonroe on Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KamiPanda wrote:
Keri sighed, visibly calming a little, though it didn't seem like she'd used her talent to do it. "A while back my neighbour shot and killed a poor fox, just for scavenging in his bin," she revealed. "I must have flown into somewhat of a rage, as I recall punching him unconscious, stripping him naked and then suspending him from the town monument for all to see. I would rather not have a repeat of that here."

"Y-Yeah, we don't need to." Jack assured. "I love animals. Trust me, I feel worse for Kuzco-Extended-Horse-Edition then you do--he was a real bro." Jack began to tear up. "It's like-an imaginary friend dying is one thing, b-but this was s-such a beautiful and in-innocent creature." He began sobbing slightly harder.

Shy guy

"If you really cared then you would not have allowed that to happen in the first place," Keri replied coldly. "You could have set up that shooting gallery away from the horses. In fact you probably just scared one of them off, I am surprised the other two even stuck around with all the loud noises you would have been making."

"We did set it up away from the horses. I just have way worse aim than I thought--motherfuckin' recoil..."

Urumi stepped into the cafeteria, still looking a bit tired from yesterday. She glanced back over her shoulder at the passengers she passed on the way in before walking over to where Jack sat and Keri stood. "Uh... problem?"

"Nah, we're good." Jack said quickly, sitting back down at his seat.

Shy guy

Keri sighed again. "It... is fine now, I think, yes," she said, managing a smile. "Let us have breakfast in peace."

"Oooooookay..." Despite not looking terribly convinced, Urumi was apparently willing to let it go. "I'll probably just get some cereal. Anyone else want any?"
Re: Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride (Ch5 Daily Life)Topic%20Title

ASCEND

Spoiler: Chapter 5: Two Minutes to Midnight
Alarms blare. Red lights flash through the dim hallway.

“Warning: Meltdown Imminent. Please evacuate immediately.”

A man in a large brown suit sat in an empty room. Disturbing sounds surrounded him. His shoulders slumped in resignation, but he held his head high in pride.

He took out a worn wallet and opened it. Inside was a small photograph. It showed a young girl smiling next to a steel robot.

A tear slid down the man’s face, and yet still he smiled. He smiled for the memories behind him and in hope for the life before her.

“Abby… I hope we meet again… one day…”

The man closed his fist around the wallet and lay backwards. He let out a heavy breath and closed his eyes. The alarms sang a final lullaby.

Click

“Hello, all passengers, living or dead!” It was unmistakably Otto’s voice, but his usual cheerful demeanor came off as sickly saccharine. “While we still haven’t reached our final destination, we have prepared a special presentation in the cafeteria that all of us should be interested in watching! Please report here as soon as possible! I can’t promise I’ll maintain control of this vehicle if you make me wait too long…”

Click

It was a bright morning. The airship passed by puffy clouds as it sailed through the blue sky, the barren landscape far below. It had been like that for awhile. The passengers didn’t seem any closer to reaching their destination.

When the remaining passengers entered the cafeteria, Otto was already there. A large sheet hung in front of one of the windows, and old, beaten-up projector sat in front of it. Otto hovered next to it, scratching his head with four arms at once and giving it a skeptical glare. With his propeller busted, he seemed to be struggling to remain in the air, as if he was treading water in a violent ocean.

“Oh, hello everyone!” Otto shouts, “I’m ever so glad to see you all made it here safely!”

“Where are we even going?” Urumi asks, “It feels like we’ve been in the air for forever…”

“Well, it may take us a while to get to our next destination,” Otto explains, “After all, it’s a little far from the town we just left. And besides, it’s a pretty dangerous place, so I doubt you all would want to hang around inside once we arrive! You might as well get used to all the nice amenities we provide for you in Sky Vista Cruises!”

“Wait… what do you mean by ‘dangerous?’” Bryan says.

“Oh, you know, the usual schtick.” Otto replies, “Go in unprotected and you’ll probably wind up a festering corpse. I’m sure you get the idea. Besides, we’re not here to talk about that. We’re here to discuss this!”

Otto holds up a CD. A single phrase is written on the label in sharpie: “Hello, World.”

“‘H-Hello, world?’” Koichi shouts, “Wh… What’s that mean?”

“I’m glad you asked, Mr. Tachibana!” Otto continues, “It turns out that the boss wished to reveal themselves before we arrived at our final destination. Which personally seems kinda dangerous to me. I mean, I don’t trust you brutes to not chuck them down the garbage disposal… but whatever! We must stick to the boss’s itinerary!”

Click

“Well quit talking about it!” Kyle calls out, “Just put the thing in! I wanna see the creep who set up all this!”

“Simmer down, Mr. Crawford!” Otto says, “I’m starting the video as we speak!”

Otto inserts the CD into the projector and presses the play button.

Spoiler: “Hello, World.”
"H-H-Hello," A person everyone recognized sat on a chair, staring grimly into the camera. "My name is Abby Young. I am the M-M-Mastermind."

"Th-This video is f-f-for..." Abby shook her head and continued, "For explaining my reasons for holding this game."

She sighed and continued, "I-I'm sure by now you know about the Metropolitan Reactor meltdown, which led to c-catastophic levels of destruction and the deaths of m-m-millions... and I'm sure you've heard what the press would tell you. H-How Ortwin Young, my f-f-father, caused the accident to happen and then fled from public sight..."

"Well, after years as his d-daughter, I know that's not true. The man who w-worked tirelessly to raise me after my mother l-l-left... The man who tirelessly pursued his passions and dreams as far as he could... Th-The man who helped found the UJTS on the same principles. He certainly wouldn't have done th-this."

"A-And how could he? H-He was busy that day, h-helping others evacuate. H-Helping me evacuate."

Abby clenched her fists. "The only explanation is that s-s-someone is hiding the truth. Someone is covering up what truly happened that day. A-A-And I'm sure that this is the same person who caused that nuclear meltdown and m-m-mur..."

She trails off, looking away from the screen somberly, and then continues, "Murdered my father..."

"This is why I began this k-killing game..." Abby explained, "I did my research, and all of the passengers on this blimp left the auditorium o-on the day of the nuclear meltdown. Therefore, the one who k-killed all those people... the one who l-left my father on the floor of the reactor like g-g-garbage... the one who c-cursed me with this d-d-d-damn stutter for the rest of my life... They're on this ship."

"W-W-With this game, the truth will be laid bare... I p-promised that I would do everything I could to ensure that the m-monster who did all this was brought to justice... and failing that, I can at least see the students who haunted my dreams off each other. That is all."

Abby reached for the camera, and the video shut off.

A nervous silence fills the cafeteria.

“Wait a minute…” Otto mumbles, “Ms. Young was killed back at the hotel…”

“Th-Then,” Kyle shouts, “Who sent in the last three motives?!”

Otto points four arms all around the room, his single wide open. “A-Alright, I demand an immediate confession! Who’s doing this? Who! Out with it!”

The remaining passengers exchange tense glances. …What were their friends hiding?
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"...What?" Urumi gasped weakly. She shook her head and glared at the projector screen before stomping her foot. "WHAT?!" she snarled. "Are you ACTUALLY serious with this! So we all have to suffer because SHE thought one of us killed her father, but she couldn't figure out who it was, so just said 'Oh well, they can all just die then, not like I care that most of them are innocent!' That bitch!"

She crossed her arms angrily. "Well, that would at least explain why the motives were so dumb after she died. Hey, Robo-jerk! Doesn't that mean we can call the rest of this stupid game off now?"

fella

Bryan shook his head as the video wrapped up, completely dumbfounded. "So she's behind all of this... I know that she wanted to avenge her father and all those people, but... trapping us all in this killing game when most of us are innocent? That's... That's ridiculous!" He stammered. "A-And it's still been going on even since she died, with someone else sending in motives... Who the hell would want something like this to continue?!"

Shy guy

Keri didn't seem sure what to say about this, but she moved closer to VAL, clearly concerned by how it would take the news that its best friend had set up a killing game.

ASCEND

"I mean, honestly, I don't know what happens now," Otto shouts, "The itenerary basically just stops right there! I don't think Abby expected to die, and I'm sure she didn't expect... whatever this was to happen..."

He shakes his head. "Either way, we might as well keep going and see what happens next. I mean, you guys are all buddies now, right? You could always just not kill each other... Except apparently there's some kinda meltdown-causing maniac and a second mastermind floating around, so not sure how well that will go."

"Oh, and don't act so high and mighty, Ms. Sawamatsu," he adds, "You all aren't perfect angels just because you haven't caused any cataclysmic events. Most of you were real pieces of work: cutting people up for the fun of it, killing your parents and practically establishing a dictatorship, being Mr. Clement... Hell, if not for this game, Ms. Nabelle would probably still be planting bombs all over the place. Judging by your tone, I suppose you're okay with that. Seems a little cruel, but what do I know? ...I'm just a robot."

"T-that's..." Urumi visibly deflated. "...Two wrongs don't make a right," she huffed. "Besides, Keri was... a little extreme, but she never tortured or killed anyone."

"Didn't she blow up her own house?" That seemed to be the only thing Jack could think on at the moment.

[put something witty here]

"Really, 'might as well keep going?' He isn't even taking this seriously!" Oscar shouts incredulously, completely red-faced. "This... What else is there to say? Abby and some other mystery mastermind thought the best way to catch a crook should include killing or at least ruining the lives of fifteen unrelated people? We might not all be saints, but none of us deserved to die because of their horribly thought-out revenge scheme! Why in hell was this even the solution to her problem?!"

Shy guy

"W-well, the nuclear disaster killed millions. What are the lives of 15 compared to the many lives the saboteur might end next?" Keri said meekly. "I could not go through with something like that myself but neither can I deny the sense it makes."

KamiPanda wrote:
"W-well, the nuclear disaster killed millions. What are the lives of 15 compared to the many lives the saboteur might end next?" Keri said meekly. "I could not go through with something like that myself but neither can I deny the sense it makes."

"What sense does this make?" Urumi gawked. "Even if one of us did cause that meltdown, how does putting them in some sick murder game with fifteen other people solve things? They could still make it through, and then everyone else would have died for nothing!"

ASCEND

JesusMonroe wrote:
"Didn't she blow up her own house?" That seemed to be the only thing Jack could think on at the moment.

"Something like that," Otto replies, "Though, for all we know, that house could have been abandoned. I guess her goal was to get the killing game started without taking any additional lives..."

"Whatever," he continues, pulling out a pocketwatch and checking the time. "It's not my job to argue on her behalf. It would have been her job, had she not gotten herself killed. So I think I'll got reading through the notes she apparently sent us. Might as well see if I missed anything that relates to these, err... unique stipulations."

He dropped to the floor on his four arms and scurried out the window.

Page 100 of 115 [ 4572 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 115  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus