Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 102 of 115[ 4572 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 115  Next

Re: Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride (Ch5 Daily Life)Topic%20Title

Shy guy

Keri had gone all out painting decorations for the dining room, pictures and simple paper-craft on the walls and hanging from the ceiling. However, her art was rather abstract, to put it mildly. Incomprehensible swirls, splatters and random shapes filled the room, various colours clashing hectically. If you looked hard enough at any particular spot, you could see some semblance of a pattern, only for it to suddenly give way to chaos again without warning.

"I painted while drawing inspiration from all of us here!" she said proudly, before pointing at one corner of the room. "See, that bit there is where my paintbrush took me when I was remembering the time I went horse riding with Bryan, and over there is about when VAL first booted up and surprised us all! Of course I also have pieces for those that have passed on, who shall not be forgotten. Overall, fitting decorations for this party, I think!"

Jack was staring at the abstract painting while eating a plate of scrambled eggs. He seemed particularly fixated on 'Mitzi', which eventually caused him to lose his appetite enough where he threw his plate into the trash.

"I made eggs." Jack said, bluntly. "Went all out though. Scrambled, sunny-side, over-easy, hard-boiled! If you want an egg, you got it here!"

[put something witty here]

Oscar meanwhile had set up the record player from his room in the center of the room, a neat stack of records sitting next to it. The rock 'n roll song playing at a 'respectable' volume certainly clashed with the scenery, but what else could he play at a party?

"I'd say things are coming along... well?" Oscar suggests a bit unsurely. "...we do have our playlist, handpicked by yours truly! I think Bryan knows how it works now, so he'll be the one swapping out the tracks. And if there's a single scratch on any of them I will personally toss him off this moving blimp. But enough of that, who's in the mood to dance?"

"Dancing is a highly difficult task...I advise non experienced dancers sit away from the dance floor."

"Now what kind of attitude is that? Dance is for everyone," Oscar affirms, sweeping his arm across the room. "I advise any rookies to make their way onto the dance floor anyway, because I want you to prove this soldier wrong. An honest attempt is all I ask, so who's willing now?"

Shy guy

"I cannot say no to a dance!" Keri said happily, moving closer to the centre of the room. "And dancing will work up an appetite for the food everyone prepared, so that I can appreciate it fully."

fella

Bryan sheepishly chuckles, scratching his head as he does so. "I'll make sure to be extra careful with 'em, Oscar! No need to throw me off of the blimp!" he said, quickly heading away from the dance floor and grabbing a plate of scrambled eggs. "Dancing is one thing I know I'm probably pretty terrible at..." he mumbled to himself before taking a bite.

lcarus wrote:
"Now what kind of attitude is that? Dance is for everyone," Oscar affirms, sweeping his arm across the room. "I advise any rookies to make their way onto the dance floor anyway, because I want you to prove this soldier wrong. An honest attempt is all I ask, so who's willing now?"

"A-Alright! I accept your challenge! I am totally hip to the dances of our generation."

Brimming with confidence, Koichi dabbed.

"Nobody does that." Urumi sighed at Koichi's 'dancing' as she picked at the deviled egg on her plate. "Um, I don't really know these songs, so... maybe I'll just kind of sit out for a bit. Yeah."

V.A.L. brought out the last of the food, several fruit and vegetable players with dip, bowls filled with chips and crackers, a cheese board, and some chocolate bars that it had evidently found in the pantry.

"Bzzt, please enjoy the food," V.A.L. invited. "I understand that these are typical 'party' platters, so they should all be good."

Shy guy

After a while, the party had gotten a bit more into some semblance of "the swing of things" and Keri took the chance to step aside, heading for Urumi. "Care for a dance?" she asked, smiling and extending her hand. "I think by now attention has moved away from the dance floor."

Urumi's eyes widened a bit at the invitation; she blushed slightly and pushed her empty plate aside. "Um... s-sure," she murmured as she stood and accepted Keri's hand. "I mean... I can't exactly say no now that you've gone ahead and asked, right?" she added nonsensically.

fella

As he saw Urumi take Keri's hand, Bryan grinned, quite amused, and stepped up to the record player, sorting through the records for a few moments before finding one he wanted and placing it in the record player, making sure to be as careful as can be. "I'd say this is fitting," he remarked before turning to the others.

"And now, ladies and gents, here's another song to dance to!" he cheerily announced as the music began to play. He then made his way back to where he was previously, enjoying the moment.

Shy guy

"Oh, what a nice song!" Keri said happily, leading Urumi by the hand towards the centre of the room before abruptly spinning to face her. "Now then, shall we?"

"Tsk, so much for avoiding attention..." Urumi grumbled under her breath, her face glowing like a stop light. She managed a clumsy smile for her partner as she nodded. "Y-Yeah, ready."

She took a deep breath before leading the slow dance, her movements a little less graceful than usual, most likely due to nerves.

Shy guy

"Hm, so you do know how to dance!" Keri noted, her own dancing a little clumsy as well. "I actually only had formal lessons myself recently, Oscar taught me back at the previous town. This is a wonderful opportunity to try it out with you!"

"R-really? I guess it is, huh?" Urumi replied quietly just as she covered up a near-stumble. "But, hey, why do you seem surprised? Of course I know how to dance," she pouted. "I mean... a little, anyway... I-it's for a couple of my routines."

Oscar beams proudly from the snack table at his mention, flashing a quick thumbs up before turning his attention back to the food.

Shy guy

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"R-really? I guess it is, huh?" Urumi replied quietly just as she covered up a near-stumble. "But, hey, why do you seem surprised? Of course I know how to dance," she pouted. "I mean... a little, anyway... I-it's for a couple of my routines."

"Oh, yes of course, that would make sense. Then, let us dance the night away!"

ASCEND

The song finally ends and shuffles to a new, slightly less fitting song. No one has any idea how it got into the playlist.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

KamiPanda wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

"Oh, yes of course, that would make sense. Then, let us dance the night away!"

"Didn't you ask about A dance?" Urumi smirked, apparently starting to get a bit more comfortable.

Then she nearly tripped over herself as the music abruptly changed tone. "...Okay, what even is this?" she sighed after regaining her footing.

Shy guy

"It sounds to me like a piece of more modern music!" Keri commented obliviously. "More upbeat, though I should confess that I do not really know any lively dances to match."

"Yeah, I don't know what I'm supposed to do here either." She shrugged and continued the dance she was already doing, only speeding up her steps a bit.

ASCEND

The collapsed form of a nuclear reactor sits at the crown of a small town, silhouetted by the red light from the evening sun. Thick, greenish clouds churn monstrously in the sky, making the red light fade in and out. The blimp begins descending down.

This is that place.

The blimp gets closer and closer to the wreckage of the reactor, buildings rushing by the windows.

Click

“Alright, jerks… We’re at your next stop or whatever. Enjoy your stay. I have some more work to do.”

The blimp jerks as an teeth-shattering grinding sound fills the air. The floor shakes, and everyone is plunged into darkness before the ship halts. Outside the windows, the light from the ship illuminate the dark walls of what looks like a subway tunnel, with pipes crawling across the grimy stone walls.

The passengers stare out into the dark subway tunnel until Keri finally breaks the silence. “So, it’s true… We’ve been flying through ground zero of the nuclear meltdown this whole time… That’s why are the places we’ve been were empty…”

“Now hold on, they were empty for a reason, right?” Oscar replies, “Doesn’t that mean we’ve been bathed in nuclear radiation this whole time?”

“Why, I’m glad you asked!” Otto shouts as he scuttles into the room, holding a roll of parchment in his hands.

He begins affixing the paper to the wall, and it turns out to be a large map depicting a section of the power plant. Meanwhile, he prattles on. “You see, Ortwin Young was a very skilled nuclear physicist, and he had actually been working on technology to counteract radiation. He was making great strides too! Mr. Young actually released a prototype version of his shield that could repel radiation within a 200 ft. radius. Imagine how much of a difference that technology could have made? Too bad one of you yahoos bumped him off, huh?”

“Ohh… so since Abby Young was the mastermind, she had access to that technology…” Bryan says.

“Exactly!” Otto says, “Still, that thing won’t do a load of good inside the power plant itself.” Otto taps the map and explains, “You lot can access two floors of the facility. But the radiation here is quite concentrated. Hang out on the first floor, and you might start to feel sick, but you could be turn out fine unless you stuck around for a long time. However, head down to the basement floor, and you’ve essentially doomed yourself to a slow death.”

“Well what’s the point of even going here if we can’t set a foot inside without getting ourselves killed?”

“Frankly, I was wondering the same thing!” Otto shouts, “But it turns out that there are some lockers at the end of the subway tunnel which contain some radiation suits. They’re not exactly fashionable, sure, but they’ll keep you alive… and they even have built-in speakers!”

“Now, allow me to go over the rooms in this facility…”

Spoiler: The Rooms
Subway Tunnel:
“Not much here, other than some abandoned subway tracks. But like I said, those lockers aren’t far away! They contain about eight radiation suits, so go wild!”

Auditorium:
“Right next to the lockers is the entrance to the auditorium! This is just your standard auditorium, like the kind you might have seen in school back at home. Passages to the backstage area are on either side of the stage. But watch out for the rubble! Looks like the roof collapsed in on itself, and with all those towers of rubble, it’s hard to see much here. At least you’ve got a nice view of the sky though! It does look pretty nice; maybe they should have had that as a feature to begin with…”

Backstage:
“Nothing much to see here. It’s just the backstage area. There are two bathrooms here though! And, uhh… a few air vents. Well, just about everywhere has air vents… Look, this is just a boring room, okay?”

“However, there’s a door in here marked “Employees Only.” Take the spiral staircase down and you’ll wind up, well… downstairs!”

Storage Room:
“I don't know what this room was meant for, but nowadays people have just shoved random junk into it. You’ll find some old broken tables, some old broken chairs, and some old broken rubble. Absolutely disgraceful, if you ask me.”

Hallway:
“This is just a hallway… Don’t read too much into it. But at the other end is…”

The Control Room:
“This room is full of computers and systems for regulating the nuclear reactor. Most of them got busted during the meltdown, but there might still be a few functional things left behind. There are also about four closets for storing tools and electronic parts. However, some of the programs here are actually for regulating the…”

Decontamination Room:
“Located just between the control room and the reactor, this room is perhaps the last bastion of safety. Of course, that doesn’t mean it’s a walk in the park itself! While it usually cleans with steam and water, there are a few ‘last resort’ features that can shift the temperature to ungodly high or low levels. I think there might be an incineration feature in there too somewhere… who knows?”

Reactor:
“This is the end of the line folks. The point of no return. Head in here without a radiation suit, and you’ll only have about an hour to regret the decision you made! Hell, not even I’ve gone down here. Who knows what kind of secrets are hidden away in this room?

“Well, that’s all I have to say!” Otto says, “Feel free to hang out on this blimp all you want. But remember, there may still be some sort of terrorist lurking around, and the only key to defeating them might be hidden away in that reactor… Toodles!”

Otto scurries out of the room.
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

ASCEND

Spoiler: T-minus Ninety Minutes
Keri carefully tapped one of the steel panels on the wall of V.A.L. and Abby’s shared room. A hollow tone rang out.

Keri’s eyes widened in surprise. “…Huh. That didn’t sound right.”

“Bzzt, perhaps you should try taking the panel out of the wall?” V.A.L. offered.

Keri gave it a try and found that the panel slid out easily. On the other side was a ladder leading deep into the blimp…

All the passengers stood in the front hallway of the blimp, listening intently to Keri and V.A.L. as they described their recent experience to them.

“So, since Abby was apparently the mastermind, I decided to try investigating her room,” Keri explained, “And when we did, we found a secret passage leading to a hidden room near the front of the ship.”

“A secret room, you say? What was there?” Oscar asked.

“Bzzt, there were several newspaper clippings on the wall describing the meltdown, though it was all information we already knew,” V.A.L. explained, “There were also security monitors showing areas on the blimp, a fax machine that seems to have been used to submit the motives, and a laptop with several files on it.”

“That must have been the mastermind’s lair, then.” Jack said, “But why’d you gather us up here instead?”

“Because after connecting myself to the laptop I managed to discover something, which I believe was available only to me,” V.A.L. continued, “It was a hidden protocol that opened all locked doors on the airship, bzzt.”

“Oh! So you’re saying that these doors are open now!” Everyone turned towards the large iron double doors, which until now had been locked tight.

“Well, what are we waiting for?” Bryan said. “Let’s open them!”

Bryan walked over to the doors and pulled on the handles. Though they were quite heavy, they slowly slid open. Everyone filed inside.

They walked out into a short hallway. On their right was another metal door. Bryan grabbed the doorknob and pulled, but the door wouldn’t budge.

“Hmm… That’s weird. This door should be open too, right?”

“Bzzt, perhaps it’s only been locked normally,” V.A.L. elucidated.

The group continued down the short hallway and found themselves in the captain's quarters. A huge steering wheel was directly in front of them, connected to a console with various buttons and switches on it. The rest of the room was occupied by various filing cabinets or boxes, overflowing with just about everything.

“Hey, that’s the steering wheel,” Oscar remarked, “Does that mean we can just drive out of here?”

Keri walked over to the steering wheel. After quickly checking it, she shook her head. “It looks like the controls are locked down. We’d need a password. All we can access right now is an auto-pilot feature, though I don’t think it can take us far enough.”

“Honestly, I don’t think I’m ready to go yet!” Koichi shouted, “First we should conduct an investigation of this room and of the reactor. That terrorist is still out there, you know!”

At this, the group decided to conduct a quick investigation of the captain’s quarters. They sifted through the filing cabinets and combed through various other odds and ends, but found nothing of any relevance. Or, at least, no one found anything relevant that they saw fit to announce to the others.

Afterwards, the group left to search the reactor.

Spoiler: T-minus Sixty Minutes
The passengers had gathered in the subway tunnel. Lying before them was the inky black maw serving as the entrance to the remains of the destroyed reactor.

After walking to the other end of the subway tunnel, they found the entrance to the auditorium. Just next to it were the lockers.

“Alright, everyone. This will be a dangerous mission, so safety is the highest priority! Let’s suit up!” Koichi threw open one of the lockers, revealing a brown radiation suit. Koichi quickly put it on. The helmet was metal with an opaque green visor, but the rest of it was made of fabric that completely covered his body. If not for his voice, no one could have recognized him.

“Looks like this thing has a speaker in it so we can still hear each other!” Koichi explains. He looks at his right arm, on which rests some sort of keypad. “I think there are options for direct communication too…”

The passengers open the rest of the lockers. Strangely enough, one of them seems to be empty.

“Hmm, that’s weird… Maybe Otto was just wrong about there being eight of them?” Bryan remarks.

“I doubt it. He’s usually more on top of things than that,” Keri says, “But I suppose it doesn’t matter.”

“Can we just get this over with?” Urumi asks, “I’m not a big fan of getting irradiated.”

Everyone puts on a radiation suit except for V.A.L., who obviously couldn’t fit in one even if it needed it. One radiation suit is left behind.

“Alright, everyone,” Koichi shouts, “Let’s stick together and tread carefully! Even with these suits, it’s still dangerous!”

Six suited individuals enter the auditorium, V.A.L. rolling along beside them. They can’t identify each other, but they can feel their goal uniting them as one.

Spoiler: T-minus Forty-Five Minutes
A few suited individuals stood in the storage room. Just as Otto has said, it was filled with a lot of junk, and seemed ready to collapse at any moment, but there was something else strange there: another robot.

“Hello…” the robot croaked, toting a voice that sounded old and emotionally disturbed. “I am the ReactorBot, a robot…for managing the facility. I was built by…Ortwin Young.”

“You know, I’m gotta be honest,” Oscar remarked, “This thing is kinda weird.”

The ReactorBot looked somewhat like an upside down version of V.A.L., with a single wheel for a foot and a faceless steel body. It lacked arms, though it seemed they could be produced from inside its body. A large door sat in the middle of the robot’s chest.

“Bzzt, well, perhaps it will help us in some way,” V.A.L. said, “Let’s bring it along.”

The robot seems to respond to V.A.L.’s words, rolling awkwardly across towards the passengers. The wheel glides silently across the ground, carrying the hulking mass.

Suddenly, an arm springs out from the cavity in the robot’s main body and wraps tightly around Keri, threatening to crush her. The heavy material of the suit stretches dangerously under its grip. The limb is chillingly reminiscent of the claws on V.A.L.

Suddenly everyone seems to scramble into action. Oscar postures his fists in front of him, calling, “Come now you brute! Let me show you a good fight!”

Jack pathetically takes some swings at the robot, but all are too mediocre to hit. The robot in exchange takes a swing at him with a second arm, and clocks him clean into the air. Jack lands with a thud, and the mask on his face shows cracks forming, threatening to expose him to the dangerous environment.

Oscar, Bryan, Urumi, and Koichi all stand posed, defensively, after seeing the raw power of the robot. Bryan runs over to check on Jack. Koichi brings out his firearm, which he apparently had kept on him after he changed into the suit.

“Bzzt! ReactorBot, you mustn’t do this! Please do not attack these people, as they are friends! They are good people who wouldn’t do anything to harm you!” V.A.L. beeps hurriedly in it’s robotic voice. “Come on, Koichi! We need to show that we aren’t enemies! Shooting will not help anything! It knows that is a hostile action!”

Keri screams in pain, as the robot’s vice-like grip tightens.

Koichi nods solemnly and lowers the weapon, but as soon as he does, the robot rampages forward past Oscar and Bryan, and suddenly snatches the gun from Koichi, crushing it.

“This… is dangerous. It… has no place here… I will… treat it as trash,” the robot sputters out, as it scoops up the remains and places them in itself.

Keri struggles against the grip of the robot, gasping for air, but even now the robot shakes her, not letting her go.

“Alright, ReactorBot, you are safe! Bzzt!” V.A.L. says, but the robot does not stop it’s violent behavior. “If you do not stop, good robot, I will have to take action to help my friend!”

As if in response, the robot begins winding up its arm, as if getting ready for a throw, a throw which could very possibly kill Keri.

V.A.L. rumbles right up to it, and holds the arm of the bot, speaking with a monotone desperation, “Please! I beg you! Bzzt. These people are precious! Keri is precious!”

The robot tilts its faceless form towards V.A.L., its arms straining against the power of V.A.L.

“They… they killed the creator… they ruined it all… do you not understand that?” the ReactorBot grimly asks. In time with that it breaks its free arm loose and wraps a claw around V.A.L.’s head.

V.A.L.’s lights begin to flicker, the claw slowly compressing its head, compromising the integrity of its parts. V.A.L. itself begins to dim, and it seems unable to form a proper sentence. “Th-th-th-th-th-they-ey-ey-ey-ey-ey-ey di-di-di-di-” it splutters.

“It-it is-is-is all ve-ry-ry-ry unfor-or-ortunate…” V.A.L. is obviously trying very hard to form words, as sparks begin to fly off its head. “But-ut I-I be-be-lieve in their goodness… BZZZZZZT- And I know that none of them are truly guilty.”

Suddenly, as if in one last surge of energy, V.A.L. tears away the arms of the ReactorBot, and seems to connect to it via a cable. The bot slowly seems to power down in front of everyone, letting Keri free.

Keri, apparently okay, rushes over to V.A.L., thankful and happy to have survived. V.A.L., holes punched in either side of its head, with huge cracks running down it simply stares at the other robot with an unreadably inhuman emotion.

“I do not know if I did the right thing. Bzzt,” V.A.L. sounds distant and strange. Perhaps it is due to the damage, or perhaps it is due to the experiences. “I wish I did not reset that robot. It was not behaving as Ortwin would have wanted, but it also had its own story, and I can understand how it must have felt. I have removed a valuable existence… I am glad you all are okay.”

Jack gets up as the ReactorBot begins patrolling for trash. He seems to be fine. Urumi and Keri attempt to console V.A.L.

After a few minutes spent regrouping, some of the suited figures stay behind, while others enter the hallway and continue into the control room.

Spoiler: T-minus Five Minutes
Two suited individuals trudged out of the auditorium and over to the lockers, where Bryan and Urumi were waiting.

After the two of them took their suits off, they slowly returned to the blimp’s docking position. Soon, Bryan, Urumi, Oscar, and Koichi all stood in front of the ramp, unsuited.

“I assume Jack’s still deeper in the facility,” Urumi said, “But do you think Keri or V.A.L. could be in the blimp?”

“I’m not sure,” Koichi admitted, “It’s possible they may just be falling behind, but it doesn’t hurt to check either way!”

“Let’s go then,” Bryan said. The four stepped onto the ramp and entered.

Once inside, something immediately caught their attention. It sounded like some kind of music, drifting just on the edge of their perception.

“Hmm, sounds like it’s coming from behind the double doors.” Oscar said. “Come on!”

Oscar and Bryan pulled the double doors open, and the group rushed inside. They looked towards the source of the music and saw the steel door they had noticed earlier, hanging slightly ajar.

“Hey, we couldn’t get in there earlier…” Bryan mumbled.

“Well, let’s look inside post-haste!”

They dashed to the door, swung it open, and looked inside.

Spoiler:
Faint music drifted from a jukebox.

Files and pages were scattered across the desk, pictures of the passengers creeping amongst them.

A young man in a suit sat in a chair, his head and arms resting atop the desk. He wore an ill-fitting tie that snaked across the papers, but aside from one cowlick, his hair was still neat and presentable.

His eyes were closed, his glasses were straight, and a small smile graced his expression. If not for the deathly chill beneath his skin, one would assume he was just sleeping.

Someone had died… but who?

Spoiler: Zero
No matter how long the group stared at the victim, they couldn’t recognize him. Even Jack, Keri, and V.A.L. were clueless upon arriving. They’d simply never seen this face before.

“Wait… you don’t think…” Oscar mumbled, his face turning pale.

“What? Do you have an idea?” Urumi asked.

“Well…” Oscar explained slowly. “There’s one person here whose face we’ve… never seen…”

“N-No,” Bryan shouted, “You aren’t saying…”

“But, there’s no way that’s possible, right?” Jack asked, “It was supposed to be one of u-”

Jack cut himself off as the group heard scuffling behind them. They turned and saw Otto crawling into the room. He stopped and stared at the corpse, not uttering a word.

“…Who did this?”

A nervous tension filled the room, yet know one replied.

“It seems you weren’t listening… I said…”

Otto whirled around. His robotic eye was wide and his four arms twitches wildly, a shower of sparks erupting from his bullet holes.

“Who did this? I demand an immediate confession!”

“Whoa, dude, calm down!” Jack said.

“‘Calm down?’ I sincerely hope you’re joking!” Otto shouted, “Just look at this! It’s absolutely disgraceful! He wasn’t even meant to be involved in this game, and now one of you’ve murdered him! Have you no shame?”

“Bzzt, let’s not jump to conclusions,” V.A.L. says, “We don’t even know who this young man is…”

“Jesus, how dense are you? Isn’t it obvious? You’re looking at the body of Kyle Crawford!

“So… I was right then…” Oscar slammed his fist on the desk and cursed under his breath.

By this point, everyone had already suspected it, but hearing it said out loud drove the point home. Oscar seemed most affected, but everyone was blindsided by the news on their own way. Whatever their feelings for Kyle, no one expected this would have happened, and certainly no one would wish this upon him.

Eventually, Bryan spoke. “So… hold on. You’re saying you don’t know who did this?”

“Of course not,” Otto replied, “I’ve been practicing my flying all day. I wasn’t even in the blimp…”

“…Then how about this,” Bryan said, “We’ll call a temporary truce. Sounds like this is the end of the line anyway, so why not work together to figure out who murdered Kyle. Whaddaya say?”

Bryan hesitantly held out a hand. A long silence passed as Otto stared at it skeptically.

Then one of his arms snaked up to Bryan, clasped his hand, and shook it firmly.

Spoiler: Investigation
“Alright,” Otto said, “So to help you guys out a little, I’ve decided to give you something special. I present to you… the Ottofile!”

Otto handed Jack a manilla folder with “Ottofile” written on it. Opening it, Jack found a torn piece of notebook paper with a few words poorly scrawled across it. “‘No apparent cause of death…’ Wow, real helpful.”

“Oh, shove off, Mr. Marlowe!” Otto shouted, “I’m a pilot, not a bloody coroner! The point is, there wasn’t a single external wound on Kyle’s body!”

“Now, even with the unique circumstances of this crime, I’m still only giving you one hour to investigate. So, you’d better get to it! Chop-chop!”

Everyone split up to investigate, searching thoroughly for clues not only to the identity of Kyle’s killer, but also to the identity of the mastermind and the person who caused the meltdown.

Investigation Teams:
Secret Room: Oscar, Koichi, and V.A.L.
Crime Scene: Jack, Urumi, Keri, and Bryan
Blimp: Everyone.

Upon finishing their investigation, the remaining passengers returned unprompted to the trial room. They grumpily descended the staircase, the metallic clanging of their feet now sparse and lifeless. Going through the double doors, they saw the same trial room as ever.

A broken Otto crawled onto his podium. Outside the shattered window was the dimly lit void of the subway tunnel. The podiums were covered in the remnants of the dead: Jerry, Abby, Alex, Mitzi, Boetius, Florian, Rinea, Irene, James… and now Raul. The passengers calmly walked to their podiums as they had so many times before, filled with grim anticipation.

Kyle… Despite all he’d done, most would have called him a friend. Even if he failed, he always tried to be helpful and supportive. He had dreams of becoming a pilot, but now those dreams would be little more than fading sunlight on the horizon. Indeed, he was a victim of this killing game, just like everyone else.

And this killing game… it's mastermind was murdered, and yet it went on. Someone saw fit to risk everything to find one person… The person who caused the meltdown of the Metropolitan Reactor and murdered Ortwin Young. This event has far-reaching consequences, yet the truth was still uncertain.

The passengers looked around the room, staring at each other. Bryan, Koichi, Oscar, Keri, V.A.L., Jack, and Urumi.

How many of their friends were hiding something?

(Please stand by trial starts soon yadda yadda)

Last edited by Planetbox on Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride (Ch5 Trial)Topic%20Title

ASCEND

“Hello, everyone!” Otto exclaimed, “And welcome to the… auggh…”

Otto sighed, looking down at the floor. “I can’t do this… It just wouldn’t feel right to start the trial like that without Mr. Crawford here to argue with…”

The room fell silent for a while. Eventually, Otto raised his eye and looked around the room. “Well, no use reminiscing now. It’s time to get started. You all have three questions to answer.”

Who killed Kyle Crawford?
Who is the new mastermind?
Who caused the nuclear meltdown?

“For now, share your alibis and investigation results, as usual.” Otto said, “Things might get a little complicated here! After all, you’ll want to discuss what happened today, but there’s also the nuclear reactor meltdown from one year ago. If you think back hard, you should be able to remember that day! But it’s up to you which incident you want to start talking about. I recommend picking one to discuss first to prevent confusion!”

“Bzzt, what about me?” V.A.L. asked, “I still do not remember the meltdown.”

“Oh, that’s right. Here, have a look at this!” Otto tossed a memory card to V.A.L. “I found it, uhh… somewhere. It’s not particularly important.”

V.A.L. inserted the memory card into its own dang head.

((For this trial, you may find Otto helping you. Otto is very cool, so he usually knows what he’s talking about. If he says your theory sounds wrong, then it’s wrong. If he says your theory sounds right, then it’s correct. If he’s just aimlessly theorizing rather than agreeing with someone, then he’s most likely just leading you in the right direction. Otto would never lie to you. If you accuse Otto of lying, the dog dies.))

"The killer of Kyle, the new mastermind, and the terrorist among us...that is quite the ask," Koichi started. "...We must bring the nuclear bomber to justice. As well as Kyle's killer. They say justice is blind -- no matter the circumstances, this will be our mission, and we will proceed as normal. Just as we always have. Any objections?"

"Just one." Jack interrupted. "How can we be sure Otto isn't lying to us?"

ASCEND

The dog lets out one last startled yelp and then vanishes into the aether.

Otto looks at the space where the dog had been sitting for the last few days or so. The camera slowly zooms in on his eye... closer... closer... clooooseeeeeer...

Otto blinks.

"Alright, why don't we just pretend that never happened and move on!"

((You can recover the dog if you say the secret magic words. What are the secret magic words? I dunno I haven't decided yet.))

fella

Bryan grimly nods in response to Koichi. "Agreed. We're gonna find 'em both. We have to." He then clears his throat. "Anyways, I'll go over what I remember first--" His words are interrupted by José/Clyde/Roger/whatever the heck his name is yelping. "Aw, c'mon, he didn't do anything!" He pouted before letting out a sigh. "Anyway..."

"I was there with only my dad that day. The rest of my family wanted to stay home. I eventually went backstage to give my sister a call, since I missed her, and the auditorium was way too noisy, anyway. When I got backstage, I noticed someone looking at the 'Employees Only' door--that someone being Koichi. I went over to where the 'No Smoking' sign was to make my call, and noticed that someone else was making a call, too. It was Irene. She finished her call and headed back to the auditorium, and I finished mine not too long after, so I went back, too."

"I heard a noise come from somewhere some time after I sat down. It sounded like a grinding, and then the auditorium started to feel weird... Like the air wasn't circulating. Ortwin Young then went up and started his speech, and then the explosion happened. People were evacuating, and some were injured. My dad and I went to help out with the evacuation efforts, which were led by Koichi and some other soldiers. Eventually, the general ordered us to leave, since we were just civvies. Adding on to that, I saw Irene in the group escaping, and I remember Jerry helping out some injured people..."

He shakes his head sadly, remembering them both. "Anyways, that's just about all I remember."

Last edited by Collin1002 on Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shy guy

"I am sure Clyde is fine... after all, Otto wants our cooperation and he will not be getting it otherwise," Keri said, glaring at the robot.

"So, then... are we really starting with the events one year ago? Would it not be more prudent to start with all we found today?" she then suggested, looking unusually nervous. "There is a lot to go through here, we should settle on one aspect for now as Otto said."

Jack looked sardonically at the trial room. "Alright, I'll give you guys one guess on what I was doing last year. Come on, guess. What did I do during the event last year?"

He then turned to Keri. "Or that. I don't mind which topic we start with."

ASCEND

"Wha-- Hey!" Otto shouted, hearing Keri and Bryan's accusations. "Why are you blaming me? I had absolutely nothing to do with that! I can't make things spontaneously vanish! Some force behind our comprehension must have been responsible!"

V.A.L. was looking pretty busted from its tussle with the ReactorBot, but it also looked drained, leaning against its podium.

"Bzzt, a year ago...," it sighed. "We were happy a year ago, bzzt..."

"On the day of the meltdown, bzzt, Abby and I were in the control room downstairs. We'd both heard the Master's speech numerous times, bzzt, and Abby enjoyed looking at the reactor. Right before the explosion Abby noticed something happening on the screens, bzzt, but she didn't manage to say what before the explosion. Something hit her head and knocked her out, bzzt. I...," V.A.L. seemed upset with itself. "I wasn't sure what to do, bzzt, and eventually Master found us down there. He told me to take Abby and leave, bzzt, but I didn't want to leave him alone. He told me he could perhaps lessen the impact of the impending meltdown, bzzt, and ordered me to leave, to... protect Abby. I had no choice, and as I left with Abby the doors closed and locked automatically, bzzt. I evacuated with Abby, and, bzzt...I suppose the Master did his best," the robot finished sadly.

Koichi eyes closed at the thought of the events a year earlier. He was clearly disturbed.

"Very well...if we are starting with that, then our topic of focus will likely be the identity of the terrorist, correct? Then we will begin."

He took a deep breath before continuing.

"A year ago, my squad and I were assigned to act as security for the UJTS event. My mission was to watch the Employees Only door, which led to the reactor. As I arrived, a figure appeared to emerge from the door, shrouded in darkness. Perhaps they were wearing a cloak, but then they disappeared moments later, so I assumed I had saw something that was not there. But, maybe it was something else...

As time went on, I started to see more and more people. A trio I am glad to now recognize as Florian, Oscar, and an adult chaperone, entered the door and brought out a folding table. Business as planned. It was around this time I had heard a strange noise, and felt that something was wrong. Like the air had stopped circulating.

Later, someone I can now identify as Raul rushed into the door. I could see him hurdling towards the control room, which he claimed he did so he could steal research notes to avoid a nuclear war. Finding that preposterous, I led him back to the stairwell. That is when we heard the explosion..."

Koichi closed his eyes. He fists clenched and his throat tightened -- he was distressed and didn't make any effort to hide it.

"I will spare you the gory details. Fortunately, casualities were lower than they could have been, but the people affected...

...General Tachibana led our squad as we evacuated the area, and assisted those in need. Bryan, Raul, and Jerry joined our efforts, to which I am eternally grateful."

Koichi's stare was fierce as he finished his description of last year.

"We will catch the terrorist without a doubt. The time has come for he or she to be brought to justice! And we will catch them without discrimination."

Shy guy

"So we are doing this after all..." Keri said softly, a defeated look on her face. "I do not really want to keep this a secret but neither is it easy to talk about."

"The one who set off the initial explosion at the reactor... was me. Or at least I think I am very responsible for what happened."

"It... will probably not come as a surprise to you all as to what I was really doing at the Society meeting that day. The Verdant Order had specifically requested that I sabotage the reactor to send a powerful message about the issues nuclear power comes with. Of course, the plan was never to send the reactor into meltdown, that would only cause more harm than good. All I was to do was disable it in a... semi-permanent and literally explosive manner."

"I brought four of my bombs with me. I sneaked backstage without any issue, finding the area deserted, and planted two of my bombs in the storage area. One in a stack of folding chairs, the other under a folding table which was resting on the other side of the room. These two are likely responsible for the state we found the storage area in now. Next I headed deeper into the facility and found the control room. This I was particularly careful with. I placed the last two bombs either side of the entrance and out of sight, positioned such that the reactor itself would remain undamaged. Only the controls were to be destroyed, it was supposed to be safe."

"As I headed back upstairs, I saw a guard watching the door; I know now that this was Koichi. The 'cloaked figure' he saw leaving would have been me, with the aid of my robe to hide myself. Once out I took my seat at the auditorium and waited for a good moment in the presentation to set the bombs off, wanting to maximise their emotional impact. While waiting I felt the air stagnate as everyone else has said."

"So... I waited until the climax of Ortwin's introductory speech," Keri continued uneasily, taking a breath to steady herself. "When the moment came I pressed the remote trigger... and everything went wrong. Somehow one of my bombs - I am sure it was one of mine, the details of the blast matched mine exactly - ended up by one of the buffet tables in the auditorium. As soon as I pressed the trigger, it... went off. I began to panic, but before I could really assess the situation there was an announcement that the reactor was going into meltdown. Everyone was to evacuate, and Ortwin went backstage to try and find out what was going on. I... had little choice but to evacuate with everyone else, lest I be caught..."

"While evacuating I did notice something strange however. Smoke was lingering high up in the air, which is something my bomb should not have caused. Yet I am certain it was my bomb that had been in the auditorium, not that it was supposed to be there to begin with," Keri finished quietly, pulling the hem of her robe close in a familiar gesture of uncertainty.

V.A.L.'s eyes dimmed slightly. "I had held on to hope that you were not involved, bzzt," it sighed. "You are different now, bzzt, but this news hurts," V.A.L. shuddered. "However, if placing the bombs outside the doors shouldn't have damaged the reactors, bzzt, then something else happened. Perhaps your bombs were moved by someone, bzzt," it suggested.

Koichi closed his eyes as Keri recalled the events of a year ago.

"...Keri, even if the nuclear explosion was a direct of something else, should your bombs have had a direct impact on the meltdown, you share equal responsibility."

He angrily clutched the podium, trying not to be too reactive. "Bombing a nuclear plant..? You all comment on the mishandling of my gun, but even I understand that destroying a nuclear reactor will lead to extreme consequences..!"

Shy guy

"It was meant to be safe!" Keri cried, clearly upset. "The Order's leaders had assured me nothing could go wrong..."

"You planted bombs in the storage room?!" Oscar was looking a bit out of it before the discussions started, but Keri's story snaps him right back with a violent double take. "Th-then when I... ugh, excuse me, my head's still spinning over all that's happened today. Give me a few moments, but I'm fairly certain I know how your bomb made its way into the auditorium..."
Page 102 of 115 [ 4572 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 115  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus