Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 43 of 48[ 1897 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 48  Next

Re: NG7: The Nullification Game (Timeline Z)Topic%20Title

"I'm voting to keep it," Midge grumbles. "I feel bad for Teddy but this is bigger than him."

Gettin' Old!

Bradley hung his head and gently leaned on Ghost "But...but...I don't have a huge problem with Mr Teddy answering for his crimes but this isn't something he even did." he paused looking over at Violet and Teddy "And Miss Adriana says that he might be killed or something for it and that's not fair at all." he muttered torn between Ghost and Violet "And...and...he really really loves Violet. He'd give his life for her and...and..." Bradley pouted glaring up at Ghost

"It's not fair! If it was you who was going to be torn away from me because of this vote would you still go ahead for it? This vote messes up so many people's lives, Miss Adriana's...Mr Helios...Violet and her dad..." he clung to Ghost "I just don't see how any of this is fair or 'justice'." He paused a moment before quietly asking "You won't hate me for this will you Ghost?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

"The decision has been made." Null announced from above. "Turning incinerator power source off."

The sound of a generator deactivating could be heard.

...and that was that.

[You can still talk about what happened, but also vote which room to go to next in the meantime]

Shy guy

"We're not getting him arrested for something he didn't do, Bradley," Ghost said, calm even as he became agitated, glad the decision had been made. "They won't try him for murder, they'll try him for accessory to murder, which is exactly what he did. It was his henchman who killed her, and he helped hide the body. Whatever sentence he gets for it, it will be in line with the crime he committed. Actually... to be honest I think he'll get off comparably lightly. They don't have evidence for any of the other things he did in the past, else he'd have been arrested already, and I imagine a mob boss has access to excellent lawyers."

"If it was me in this situation... do you realise what that would mean?" she then asked, more firmly. "It would mean I'd committed terrible crimes that warranted the arrest. People would be dead and it would have been my fault. The responsibility for that would be all on me. I'd hate to leave you, but I would deserve it, otherwise it's not fair on all those who had been hurt by whatever the crimes I'd committed were."

Gettin' Old!

Bradley nodded still not letting go of Ghost's hand "I...I know...or I don't...it's difficult." he ended lamely hanging his head "Well...I hope things are ok and Violet still gets to see Mr Teddy." He tugged at Ghost's hand to get her attention "You'll take me to visit Mr Teddy in Jail if it comes to that ok?" he asked quietly.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Shy guy

Ghost hesitated at the request, glad the visor hid her expression. "Yes, of course," she finally managed to answer, patting the hand grabbing hers. "I hear it can get lonely in prison, Teddy will be glad of your visits."

Midge chuckles, "I definitely think this means trouble for Helios too, but I guess he wanted it."

"Anyway, we should head over to the hospital. I feel like we never learned what was up with that x-ray."

ASCEND

"Indeed..." Helios eventually mumbled, looking away with a conflicted expression. "Now that that sordid business is taken care of, I think it's time the truth about that x-ray should be revealed."
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Gettin' Old!

Bradley frowned thinking back to the X-Rays "You mean about the woman who had cancer? You didn't want to tell us much about it did you Ghost?" He looked over to Emma "Miss Null, you should know what is going on with that right?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

"I don't remember anything about that, but it sounds like something I'd do," Ghost said with a nod. "It's not good to pry, but now I suppose we're meant to."

One assumption by the GM that nobody would contest the hospital decision since it was ultimately meaningless, everybody decided to head over to the hospital.

So why are we back at this room?” Violet asked.

"As you assumed, the x-ray has something to do with it." Emma confirmed.

“Sounds like we should find it again then.” Midge said.

Bradley began playing with some of the widgets on the operating table’s touch controls.

“Uh, I’d be careful with that Bradley.” Ghost advised. “Some of the things that machine can do are...dangerous.”

“Dangerous?” Adriana frowned. “I thought it was for medical procedures.”

“Theoretically. But we also found it could be used for torture. It had one particularly disturbing function for...maiming faces.”

Emma went next to Bradley and began playing with some of the controls. “I assume you never went into the operation logs?”

“Operation logs?” Midge looked at Ghost. “You never mentioned those. Well, not that I can remember at least.”

“It looks like they're password-protected. So I must've assumed they weren't relevant.”

Password-protected huh?

ASCEND

"Hmm...Uhh, when we were trying to log into the CDC server, I seem to recall Miss Midge typing in incorrect credentials..." Helios mumbled, "Could that be the password?"
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Gettin' Old!

Bradley frowned "Well...Ghost used to work here so I would think she might know them but her memory is not great right now." he muttered looking over at Emma "Well Miss Null set this up, if it's significant and you brought us here why don't you just unlock it?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

hi

"Y-Yeah!" Violet turned to Emma. "You set all this up, right? So you know the password. Put it in already!"

"Hehe, I think I just put in Sherrington's name last time," Midge says, backing up from the table. "I don't think I've got anything to help us. Maybe Ghost's memories of inputting the code will come back if she just tries to input it."

Shy guy

"Oh, maybe. It's worth a try," Ghost said, going up to the machine and fiddling around with it.

"You all know what the password is already." Emma vaguely replied as the others demanded that she unlock the device.
Signature loading, please wait...

Ghost just stood in front of the machine, looking as confused as she could under the suit.

Gettin' Old!

Bradley frowned at Emma's distinct lack of helpfulness "Well it's not coming to mind but if that's the case it's probably not Ghost's password." he said looking back at the device.

"We could try...Midge's birthday...or that weird code I remembered in that server room..." he frowned trying to remember all the passwords they'd come across so far.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

ASCEND

Helios shrugged and tried putting in q-l-u-m-a-e-a-l-l-a-s-e-s-u-c-u-u-s-p-r to see what would happen.

The password was immediately accepted. However, it seemed to only allow access to one file. The others required different passwords.

“What is this…?” Ghost asked. It appeared she had a good amount of anxiety when speaking.

“It’s dated four days ago.” Helios said. “...I don’t like the sound of that.”

“All that’s available is an audio recording…”

“Well?” Bradley looked at Ghost. “What are you waiting for? Hit play!”

Ghost nodded and pressed the button.

Spoiler:
“Welcome.” A female voice said. It sounded oddly like...no, exactly like Null. The recording at least.

“Requesting function #21. Passcode Index-Niner.” Another female voice spoke, this one human.

“Accepted.”

“...anesthesia off.”

“Are you sure? Probability of death is. THIRTY percent.”

“...yes, I’m sure.”

“Requesting passcode again.”

“Index-Niner.”

“Accepted. Beginning procedure.”

The next thing heard on the recording was a cacophony of sounds. It started with the whirring of machinery and clanging on metal, but soon mixed in was the slicing and striating of flesh. And then her screams. Horrible screams unlike anything anybody in the room had ever heard. It kept going, screams of complete pain and anguish.

...eventually they stopped. But the sounds of slicing flesh continued, only to eventually be interrupted by the loud, terrifying noise of a flatline.

“Patient unresponsive. Beginning resuscitation.” The sound of charging could be heard. “Clear.”

THUMP

“Unresponsive. Attempt TWO. Clear.”

THUMP

The steady beeping of a heart rate could be heard again.

“Procedure completed.”

“...hngrh…” A low voice grumbled.

“Now testing mental faculties. How many apples are displayed on the monitor?”

“...”

“How many apples are displayed on the monitor?”

“...seven.” She moaned.

“Who is the President of the United States?”

“...”

“Where were you born?”

“...”

“Where were you born?”

“...”

“What is your name?”

“...my...name...?”

The recording ended.

ASCEND

"Well, uhh...that was certainly disturbing..." Helios mumbled, "...You think we'll unlock those other files if we put in 'Index-Niner' as a password?"

It appears nothing else can be unlocked no matter what password they attempt. Perhaps that was the only relevant file.

ASCEND

"Hmm...Well, at the end, it sounded as if the person speaking had lost there memory..." Helios turned to Ghost. "Do you think that could have been you?"

Gettin' Old!

Bradley shuddered covering his ears at the sound of the screaming. Shivering he turned to Emma "If that's Null's voice then wouldn't Miss Emma be the one who had the operation done then?" Bradley gave a sympathetic look to Ghost "Then again Ghost has lost her memory but I don't know why she would do that to herself," he frowned.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

Ghost remained frozen in place, looking like she hadn't even heard Helios speak. Even through her hazmat suit the others could tell she was shaking. "Function #21. The one for faces. Whoever did that did it to themselves," she said clinically and vacantly, sounding like she was speaking from away. "So much... so much screaming. It would be a blessing to forget the pain..."

Gettin' Old!

Seeing Ghost shake like that Bradley grabbed her arm and hand and squeezed "G-Ghost...are you ok? Was that....was that you?" He asked looking up at her with concern.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

Bradley's words and physical contact seemed to get through to Ghost, and she nodded slowly. "I think... so. I don't know if that was my voice, but... hearing that recording made me sure of one thing. I don't want to remember that."

She abruptly turned away from the machine, and spoke to Emma without looking at her. "Are we done here? I want to leave." It didn't seem she was willing to take no for an answer.

"The operation was done by the machine after it was ordered to, not by me or any human." Emma corrected.

She shook her head at Ghost's question. "No, we can't leave yet." She faced the others.

"Someone in this room knows the identity of the cancer patient. You'll have to figure out who it is before we can move on." She looked expectantly at the others, seemingly having nothing else to say about the situation.

Shy guy

At Emma's words, Ghost headed for one of the hospital room's walls and slid down it into a sitting position. "Then someone, please... figure it out. I'm in no state to think."

Gettin' Old!

Seeing Ghost's distress, Bradley moved beside her and slunk down beside her resting his head on her cold hazmat shoulder. "It'll be ok Ghost. Whatever happens we will still get out of here and we can fix whatever happened with that machine."

He looked over at Emma and stuck his tongue out at her "You clearly already know the answer and you are one of the people in this room. Why don't you just tell us already?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"You have to actually figure it out yourselves, or we can't leave here." Emma replied simply.

"It isn't her secret to tell." said Adriana. "If she's actually a medical doctor, then she's sworn a duty not to do harm-- including talking about patient's confidential records. Of course, I think something like this... 'game' breaks that oath, so maybe Emma is just pernicious."

"Still, I am no doctor, and I didn't take an oath." she continued. "But I don't understand what there is to 'figure out'. Ghost knows, and the patient knows... and I know. There is no deduction to be had."

"To themselves... Someone carved their own face off with this machine..." Midge's eye twitches. "I've witnessed a lot of awful things, but that's about as bad as any..."

She looks at Ghost and then back at the table.

"It's Ghost's own medical record. She went in here and told this thing to do that to her, but Emma's saying somebody knows who she is, but it's not me."

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"It's Ghost's own medical record. She went in here and told this thing to do that to her, but Emma's saying somebody knows who she is, but it's not me."

"I... well, I don't think you're correct, but it's possible, I suppose." Adriana said. "I was going to let the patient themselves speak up, but I realize now that it's in their best interest to stay silent."

Gettin' Old!

Bradley frowned "If they don't speak up then Miss Null won't let us out and we all die. How's that in our best interests at all?!" he shouted at Adriana in sudden outburst of anger.

"Besides if you know you should just say...or does it even matter? Could you whisper it to Miss Null privately and that would be good enough. What does she even gain from this..." Bradley said his voice softening as he hugged Ghost as well as he could.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

"If I remember right... the patient's cancer was predominantly in their lungs, but had spread elsewhere as well. Wasn't that what the other me said?" Ghost spoke up, putting both arms around Bradley to gladly return the hug. Despite their earlier reservations they seemed glad to be able to focus on an explanation to keep their mind from going elsewhere. "The oper... Function #21 wouldn't have done anything for that. Also, someone mentioned that I said the patient would have only had a while to live, as it was Stage IV and the diagnosis had been over a month ago. They would most likely be... they would have passed on by now."

ASCEND

"That seems odd," Helios admitted, "If the patient was already dead, why would anyone have any reason to hide their identity?"

Gettin' Old!

"Well it wouldn't make sense because we don't know if the cancer patient and the woman who underwent the face-thing are the same person." Bradley said happy to see Ghost was cheerier as he pulled Einstein into the hug too.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Midge looks up from untangling her hair, "What's that?"

"Come on, we're talking about two different patients here! The person we heard in the recording is probably Ghost, and for some reason she went in here to peel her own face off, which took away her memories and probably could have killed her. From the recording, you can tell she's alone and just talking to an operating table, and then she didn't give herself anesthesia, and she was all screaming because her face was getting gnawed off in the most metal way possible."

"Then of course, the other patient we're talking about here is the person who probably died of lung cancer, and recently too. We found them on the x-ray. It could be that they're the same, but we don't really have any reason to believe that."
Page 43 of 48 [ 1897 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 48  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus