Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 78 of 100[ 4000 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 100  Next

Re: Danganronpa F5: Delusions of EdenTopic%20Title

ASCEND

Eli hung back, staring dumbfounded into the Nexus room.

"I don't believe it...That actually worked..." Eli glanced behind him, back the way they came, rocking on his feet as if uncertain which way to go. "But...Althea's still back there. God, this is too much..."
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"...W-We're gonna have to talk with her later," Nicos nodded, looking a bit antsy. "...I can't fault her for being driven to kill if her dreams were that...vivid. I mean, I almost..."

"...No, it's nothing, let's just, uh...remember who the real enemy is, right? It's Eve..."

The American Dream

“Yeah, honestly, fuck Eve. I’m over this. I... I wanna go home,” Skylar said quietly.

fella

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"...W-We're gonna have to talk with her later," Nicos nodded, looking a bit antsy. "...I can't fault her for being driven to kill if her dreams were that...vivid. I mean, I almost..."

"...No, it's nothing, let's just, uh...remember who the real enemy is, right? It's Eve..."

Taylor raised a brow upon hearing Nicos nearly finish his first thought, but he then shrugged, deciding to not pursue it. "Yeah. She's the enemy. That crazy android cunt can die for all I care. We just need to find a way to kill her so we can go home," he stated, rubbing his arm. "But, uh... at least Rose is alive, huh...? That's some good news, at least, I guess."

He sighed and looked over to Althea. "And whatever Eve did to her, it looks like it fucked her up. She looks practically catatonic," he noted to no one in particular, biting his lip at seeing the girl's condition.

Marshall looks up from Rose and glances over at Taylor and Skylar, nodding subtly.

"I'm not going to forget that play from Eve any time soon, but hopefully Althea has a chance here," he says cautiously. "I'm sure a lot of you guys didn't even get to say the things you wanted to her, huh? I mean, yeah she was going to kill Rose, and she didn't tell any of us, but--" he pauses, "I'm sure it was serious psychological torture for her, and there's a lot there to reconcile and understand, so there's just..."

"There's just so much!" he grinds his teeth and throws his hands in the air.

Marshall wipes his forehead, thinking hard.

"It freaks me out though. Althea believes in all her medicine -- or at least she did before -- and she had her future and dreams connected to it. I know what that's like, to be confronted point-blank with someone telling me my dreams aren't possible, you know?"

"So, even though we were in the middle of all of that maddening stuff, we gotta look out for her, okay? I was in a really really dark place for months, and no doubt Althea's going to be worse than I was, even," he tries for a second to shake away the distess on his face, but it doesn't go away.

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
Marshall stares at Eve with indignation, glancing nervously at Althea, "What?! This isn't fair! What's even the point! You..."

He silently fumes for a few seconds, tears welling in his eyes, "Althea? Hey doc, what's going on?"

Hearing Nana ask for tools, Marshall snaps out of his anger and fear for a second enough to nod at her, "I can go get you the stuff, assuming it's where it was."

He leaves and comes back with the supplies for Nana shortly thereafter, "I can help out, okay? Let me know what's going on."

"U-um..." Nana quickly looked Rose over again. "I'm not really sure... I-I think her legs might be broken? Is there something we can give her for that?"

Nicos put a hand on Marshall's shoulder, trying to calm him down.

"It takes time to forgive someone," Nicos said, feigning a smile. "We're gonna keep an eye on her, alright? It'll take time."

Marshall breaks into a brief, relieved smile, "Right, of course, Nicos. Thanks for reminding me."

He looks over at Rose with a bit of confidence returned, "Anyway Nana, if the legs are broken, we can only really make a splint for her and try to make sure she doesn't move it too much or put weight on it. Let's start by keeping her legs raised with something soft. Then, if she's already bandaged as much as she should be, then we can work on making splints. Basically, a splint is like, you know, you have two braces on either side of the leg, like this, and then you use them to keep the alignment of the leg right by tying them to the leg strategically and stuff. We can tie it with bandages."

Marshall trails off for a second, "Alright, sound good? Let's do it."

Happy Maria

Evelyn simply stood by, putting her arm around Althea to keep her steady. She didn’t offer to help Rose, she just looked onwards with an empty gaze. On closer inspection, however, it appeared that her eyes were quite red.

“Your grandfather...he s-suffered from that disease...” She suddenly muttered, looking at Althea sombrely. “You couldn’t let him d-die...no matter what...” She just barely choked back a sob. “A-and that’s...that’s why y-you... R-Rose...”

Suddenly, she burst out into sprees, loudly wailing as she sobbed into her shoulder. It was neither pretty nor dignified, just like Althea’s previous fit. But she had finally broken down, after all this time. She had finally managed to snap.

Marshall tries his best with doing the proper first aid, but he shudders listening to Evelyn.

"Evelyn? I mean, I just want you to know that... You're being sweet and there's nothing wrong with what you're doing right now, okay? It's good that you and Althea are friends."

"Maybe that's obvious, but... Whatever," he shrugs self-consciously, apparently regretting the impulse to say anything.

Althea's mask was far too beaten up to keep using, so it was left discarded on the trial grounds. Despite that, she seemed to have no issue with showing her face.
Because she was mostly unresponsive.
The most she did was nod occasionally and huddle closer to Evelyn when she had her own breakdown.
Hearing someone needed medical help didn't even bring her out of it. She just took a few fearful steps back, guiding Evelyn along and at least showing she was aware of her surroundings.

Happy Maria

"I-I..." Evelyn didn't look back from Althea's shoulder, though she did choke back her incessant sobbing a bit. "I f-feel absolutely worthless... All this time, I tried to be a good friend to her...to Althie... I tried to cheer her up, m-make her have a good time...e-even in this hellhole of a game..."

She looked up, taking her 'mask' and using it to wipe her tears. "B-but I failed... Even after all I did for her, Eve still got through to her...with all her machinations, she managed to convince her to...t-to do..."

She gulped. "A-and the worst part of all of this was that I couldn't even do a thing... I was completely useless... Both as a friend and as a helper... I-"

She wasn't able to get out more before putting her face back into Althea's shoulder and bawling with full force, her sorrow only amplified from speaking.

"You aren't useless! You were helping more than anyone else here was!" Marshall stares sadly at the ground.

"I know it sucks! It sucks so bad to be so close to someone and feel like they needed you and you couldn't do anything, but at some point you gotta recognize that you did do good and Althea valued you a lot," he sighs.

ASCEND

"Marshall's right," Eli mumbled, "...When things are at their lowest, the only way to survive is to find something positive to focus on. As bad as things are, at least everyone's alive. And that's because we all worked together."
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Happy Maria

Evelyn didn’t reply, but her breathing calmed down and she slowly managed to lift up her face, wiping her tears. “I-I’m so sorry... this is quite unlike me...” she said, trying to regain her composure (though to little avail). “I...I think we all need to r-rest now.” She said, sniffling a little.

The American Dream

"Rest sounds nice," Skylar said, "I think we're all either physically or emotionally exhausted or, in the cases of Rose and Althea, both."

She glanced at the dysfunctional group with a somber look and sighed, "Oy vey..."

Planetbox wrote:
"Marshall's right," Eli mumbled, "...When things are at their lowest, the only way to survive is to find something positive to focus on. As bad as things are, at least everyone's alive. And that's because we all worked together."

"Not everyone..." Althea finally spoke up, muttering. "Grandpa..."

Rose's tired eyes slowly open as she groans uncomfortably. Her face is worn and weary, and her eyelids can barely lift themselves up.

"..."

The pained perfumer turns her head with a small motion and shifts her gaze slightly, taking the other Ultimates into her view.

"...What are you all looking at?" Rose mumbles. "Me, I hope. I did escape quite a difficult conundrum just now. It does warrant some attention."

The pink-haired girl puts on the best smile she can at the moment. "Just kidding! I'm fine." Rose gives a small laugh before entering a coughing fit. "Seriously though, when can we get out of here?"

hi

"Oh. Hi Rose." Annabella briefly greeted her.

"Anyways, rest sounds good for now." She nervously rugged at her doll's dress. "I hope Eve lets us out of here soon."

"Oh you're awake yay!" Nana squealed and hugged Rose tightly again. "I was really really worried about you and I'm so glad you're going to be okay and... Um, I feel like I already said this... Well whatever, it still stands!" She released her embrace. "Er, we can probably get going, like, whenever, I think, but you probably shouldn't be walking, Miss Rose. Should I, like, carry you, you think?" She tilted her head.

"Carry me?" Rose asks. "That would be nice, actually. I have a feeling these things aren't going to be very useful for quite some time." She says, pointing out her legs with a nudge of her head. "Thank you, Nana! You're like my knight in shining armor."

Last edited by TheLetterF on Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I'm glad you're alright!" Nicos smiled at Rose. "I'm sorry for being unreasonable on you earlier...we're all going through tough times, huh?"

"Aww, no, I'm nothing like that!" Nana shook her head, blushing a bit. "Like, for one thing, armor would probably be way too heavy for me. It's all metal and stuff, you know."

She reached for Rose a couple times at a couple different angles, stopping and frowning after each attempt. "Um... Hmm... How do I do this? Maybe you should, like, put your arms around my neck and I just lift? That might bend your legs though and that would be pretty bad..."

Seeing that Rose was alive, Kyoya became unconcerned with Rose's further wellbeing and decided to go elsewhere.

Shy guy

"Actually, wasn't there a wheelchair back at the base?" Honda suggested, before Nana could accidentally hurt anyone. "We should fetch that for Lady Rose."

Everyone agreed this was a good idea, and a few people headed back to pick it up. Upon returning Rose was carefully helped into the chair, and then everyone returned to the base for the last time. They had to wait for the teleporter to recharge, but once that was done they were allowed through.

There was much to discuss, perhaps, but for now everyone was tired and in many cases needed some time alone. Everyone headed off to bed.

Nicos was sleeping, like everyone else.

"Zzz..."

fella

Even though the nightmares were no longer occuring, Taylor still had trouble sleeping, as evidenced by his frequent yawning and rubbing of his eyes. Being in a killing game would likely make you lose sleep. Despite his fatigue, he went to the cafeteria to grab something for breakfast, because after dealing with the rations, he wanted better food. Plus, you know, he was hungry.

Once he got there, he went to the kitchen and quickly whipped up a ham and cheese omelette with some bacon on the side before sitting down in the lonely, desolate cafeteria, eating his breakfast in silence.

ASCEND

Eli entered the cafeteria, hoping that no one else would be there. Dismayed that this wasn't the case, he proceeded to pretend not to notice Taylor while shuffling over to the kitchen and disappearing inside. He closed the door perhaps slightly louder than he intended, causing an obnoxious slam to permeate through the desolate cafeteria.

The American Dream

Skylar stumbled into the cafeteria, clearly still groggy from a lack of sleep. She accidentally bashed her hip on a table, walked into a wall, and knocked over some stray bananas. She tried grabbing the handle for the door to the fridge several times before actually getting it right, and when she did, she merely peered inside it and wept quietly to herself. The blue-haired jackass then slammed the fridge door closed, stick of butter in-hand, and left the cafeteria.

On the way out, she threw the butter at a wall.

Althea gently opened the cafeteria's doors, brand new mask on her face since they weren't in the jungle anymore and I definitely knew that.
Once seeing there were other people already there, she did her best to hide under her hat and sat down on an isolated table, not even grabbing anything to eat.

hi

Annabella entered the cafeteria. Smiling and carrying Sonia in her arms, she made two plates of eggs, one slightly smaller in size. She then sat down at a table across from her doll and began eating, making light conversation with Sonia.

"It's strange that we all seem to congregate here after trials." Kyoya observed as he arrived with fresh slices of toast. "Perhaps near-death experiences do much to work up an appetite."

JesusMonroe wrote:
"It's strange that we all seem to congregate here after trials." Kyoya observed as he arrived with fresh slices of toast. "Perhaps near-death experiences do much to work up an appetite."

"... Can I, ah, can I have some toast?" Althea timidly asked.

Kyoya focused his camera on her for some time, thinking a while before he answered.

“No.”

Althea recoiled like she had been burned. Which was impossible, since she didn't get any hot and delicious toast.

Nicos flew into the cafeteria, floating in the air as he whiffed the scent of hot and fresh toast. He parked in front of Kyoya, still definitely floating somehow.

"Is this toast...for everyone?"

“Yes indeed!” Kyoya laughed proudly, blissfully pretending Nicos said ‘almost everyone’.

Althea went back to pulling her hat down and eating nothing. At least she wasn't sore about it.
... And then she started crying again. So much for that.

Honda, who was now sporting a replacement cape, entered the cafeteria. Unfortunately for him, said cape wasn't tied tight enough, and it slid off his back and landed in front of an air conditioner grate on the wall. The air from the grate sent the cape flying, and it eventually landed right in front of the minstrel. Honda who was yawning at the time did not see the cape, and unceremoniously tripped on it, and landed hard on his back.

"I'm going back to bed..." He sighed, as he stood up and dusted himself off, before picking up his cape. However, instead of going back to his room, the entertainer lied down on the cafeteria floor, and used the cape as a blanket. He then proceeded to shut his eyes, waiting for sleep to come.

ASCEND

Eli left the kitchen, holding a bottle of grape soda and a bag of potato chips or something I guess. He flinched in surprise, seeing the number of people in the cafeteria had dramatically multiplied.

"God, don't y'all ever sleep..." he mumbled, too worn out to notice Honda.

Page 78 of 100 [ 4000 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 100  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus