Board index » Roleplay » Trials

Page 1 of 8[ 297 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Rules and Case Proposal ThreadTopic%20Title

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Welcome to the World of Court Records RPing!

But "HOLD IT!" Before you start RPing there's some important stuff you should know...

Here's a basic rundown of Trial procedure. PLEASE READ THE REST OF THE THREAD AS WELL, this is just for quick reference:

-Step 1: Post your idea for a trial IN THIS THREAD.
-Step 2: A moderator (currently, General Luigi is in charge of this board) will reply. PM them with any extra details (and spoilers when necessary), and they will either approve your idea or ask you to fix some things.
-Step 3: Once you've been approved, start a new thread in the Trials section to get people to sign up for your trial.
-Step 4: Once you have all your players, start a thread in the Court House to begin your trial.

In detail:

USE THIS THREAD TO PROPOSE AN RP

Any threads opened up in this board or the Court House without the express permission of the moderator in charge will be locked. Your RP MUST receive the moderator's approval before you open it up. Trials might be rare at the moment, but this rule is mostly in place to make sure RP leaders don't put the cart before the horse.

NO MORE THAN ONE RP PER PERSON

I'd say it's pretty clear what this means. If you're really sick of the case you're currently leading and have a newer, better idea, you're free to ask that the current one be locked, but otherwise, wait until the case you're currently managing wraps up before you propose a new one.

THINK YOUR CASE OUT BEFORE YOU MAKE A REQUEST

Possibly one of the hardest things to do in the RPs, considering that Phoenix Wright for the DS only had 5 cases.

You should really get a good angle of what sort of crime you want to have had committed and by whom. Unlike the games, you don't need to kill anyone in your RP.

Here are some good resources...
MAKE A THREAD IN THIS BOARD FOR SIGNUPS

It's a pain once you've got the loot the evidence and the warrant... but don't see Carmen Sandiego anywhere. So, once you're authorized to start your RP, make a thread in this board asking people to sign up for particular roles. You, as the leader of your RP, have free reign over who you let in and what your policies are in the RP. Just try to make it fun for everyone, okay?

Suggested Roles that almost certainly need to be filled:
  • Defense Attorney
  • Defendant
  • Prosecution
  • Judge
  • Witness(es) (I suppose it's possible to just run a trial with a defendant and evidence, but I have yet to see a case without at least one witness.)
  • Detective (Not at all necessary, but if you feel like it, go ahead.)
  • Aide(s) (Not at all necessary, but if you feel like it, go ahead.)
  • Jury (Not at all necessary, but if you feel like it, go ahead.)

CHARACTER ADVICE

It's ultimately your RP, so feel free to ignore this, but in my experience, people prefer playing as characters of their own design. Because of this, allowing your prosecutor, defense attorney, and so on to choose his/her character can help encourage him/her to stay active. Because of their connection to the case, witness roles have to be of your own design, which tends to make them less attractive. Truth be told, I actually feel witnesses can be thought of as NPCs, so it might be better for you to play as them yourself rather than rely on other users to play as them. That said, I still encourage you to keep witness roles open just in case someone takes an interest in a particular role.

PHOENIX WRIGHT ISN'T OBLIGATED TO BE THE DEFENSE ATTORNEY

He can be the murderer and/or Judge as far as I'm concerned. Feel free to break this rule as you see fit. It might be fun to watch Dahlia act as the Judge, or Von Karma as the Defense Lawyer. In fact, it's become commonplace for RP leaders to let players use their own characters as prosecutors, defense attorneys, detectives, aides, jurors, or judges.

RP ETIQUETTE (SP)

Given the nature of these trials, it's only natural that RP leaders have a significant amount of control over everyone's role. That said, leaders, it's important that you give the other participants some room to improvise. If you're outright telling them what to post, you might as well be playing their roles yourself. They've agreed to follow your story, but that doesn't mean they're obligated to do so exactly the way you want them to.

It would also be a good idea to PM your criminals and witnesses to tell them what they saw/did. Again, this is not an obligatory rule, but something to think about regardless. Be flexible; give them enough leeway to move the story along on their own, but don't leave them hanging. An RP can die if no one knows what sort of crime they committed--unless, oh, I don't know, some of the characters have amnesia or something...

All responsibility for the thread belongs to the RP leader. All proceedings are yours to command, and be sure to have it pick up again when it dies a little.

And if you're going to be offline for a while, please make sure to alert the leaders of any RPs you're in so they can take the appropriate action to make sure your absence doesn't stop the RP from progressing. Leaders have the authority to revoke your role if you're offline for too long--in fact, leaders are encouraged to replace inactive users in order to make sure their RP doesn't die. Likewise, if you're a leader and are going to be offline for a while, please alert the moderator in charge of this board so they can reopen your RP when you return (assuming it was locked in your absence).

SPEED

One of the things that can scare off potential RPers is that some RPs go WAY too fast. We're all fans here, but some of us have school and life to care about too; real life should hold priority over internet life for anyone. Anyway, if appropriate, the RP leader has the right to decide how fast people can post, put a limit on how long a user can be inactive before being replaced, or even put the case on hold if necessary (e. g. the leader has to take a long amount of time off from the forum or is temporarily too busy to run the RP). Leaders are encouraged to keep things balanced; if players don't have some sort of time constraint, they can easily get lazy; on the other hand, if the constraints are too tight, no one will be able to keep up with the story's progress.

On that note, if an RP goes a month without any new posts, it will be locked until the leader can get all the players back together (and replace those that are taking too long to respond to the call). This is what could be called the "One Month Rule." Exceptions might be given if the leader or a user who plays an important (and at the moment active) role has to be offline for more than that amount of time--provided a moderator is alerted before said time off. Leaders are still encouraged to impose a time constraint of their own, though, because even with this rule enforced, it can still, theoretically, take years just to get through one day. Also, leaders, if you dismiss someone but can't find a replacement, by all means assume said user's role until a replacement can be found.

RPING IS A HUGE COMMITMENT

See all the locked threads? Most of them died because people stopped posting in them. If you're going to participate in--let alone run--a trial, you're making a tacit promise to be online frequently, keep an eye on any and all trials you're participating in, and post in said trials whenever you need to.

That is all!

Edit: updated the information to make it relevant to the present system.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
Re: Trial Rules, READ before postingTopic%20Title

The Stuff of Legends

Well, since we have the new forums now, I might as well re-post my trial request thingee.

Trial: NS-14

Crime: Murder (duh)

Description: A math teacher at Memory High School was found dead in her classroom. Her throat was slit. The defendant, Bryce Velvet, was found at the scene of the crime covered in her blood.

Victim data: Karen Sharp; age 29: The victim was a teacher at Memory High School. Gave a quadruple detention to the defendant on the day of the murder.

Suspect data: Bryce Velvet; Age 16: The defendant is a student at Memory High School. He was failing the Math class taught by the victim and served a quadruple detention on the afternoon of the murder.

Reason for suspicion: The defendant was found at the scene of the crime shortly after the murder. In addition, his clothing was stained with the victim's blood. The defendant also had possession of the murder weapon. Witness testimony places him at the scene of the crime.

Evidence List

* Autopsy report: Karen Sharp. Murdered 3/7. Time of death: 6:03 PM. Cause of death: Loss of blood from slit throat.
* Handblade: A 12 inch long, wrist mounted sword that belonged to the defendant. Was unsheathed and in the possession of the defendant at the time of the murder. The top face is covered in the victim's blood.
* Bloody trench coat: A trenchcoat belonging to the defendant that was worn during the murder. It is stained with the victim's blood.
* Open window: A window was found left open at the time of the murder. The window leads to a fire escape.

Note: More evidence will arise as the trial progresses. (If it gets approved, that is. And yes, I do know where the evidence will lead and the correct conclusion.)

Roles:

Defense attorney: (Can be OC)
Defense assistant: (Can be OC)
Prosecutor (me): Garrett Hughes; age 26: A former Chemistry teacher at Memory High School. He was supposedly killed two years ago but appears to be quite well. Hughes is a calm englishman who is almost never surprised. Hughes is not nearly as vicious as other prosecutors and as such refers to himself as "a minor significant threat".
Judge: (Can be OC)
Detective: (Can be OC)
Witness #1: Sable Brooks; Age 23: A teacher in the classroom across the hallway. She appears to be very ditzy, but is actually quite intelligent. Sable claims to have heard the victim scream, then ran across the hall to find the defendant standing over the victim's body.
Witness #2: Morty Lipman; Age 64: The janitor at Memory High School. He is obsessed with his line of work and often uses disgusting metaphors relating to janitorial work. Was cleaning the hallway at the time of the murder. Claims to have seen the defendant murder the victim.
Witness #3: Principal Slatemann; Age 57: A prim and proper man who is strict and demanding when it comes to rules and regulations. He arrived at the scene of the crime shortly after Sable Brooks arrived and shortly before the police arrived.
The post has ended.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Sounds solid and organized. The crime description sounds a little generic, but you've got a nice cast set up, so I suppose the point is moot if you know where you're headed.

I say go ahead with signups.

What is my liiiife?!?

DN-8: Triple Turnabout
Crime: Triple Homicide (At different times on the same day)
Victims: #1: Ian Transit (M): Lorry (Truck) Driver Aged 25. Involved in a traffic accident with the suspect a few days previously (No-one was injured, although the suspects car was written off)
#2: U-glee Starr (F): Fruit seller aged 19. Accidently sold a rotten pear to the suspect on the same day of the accident, which gave him gastroenternal distress
#3: Duda Sums (F): CEO of Accountancy firm aged 35. Argued with the suspect once during his lunch break on the day of the two other incidents.

Suspect: Hugh Didit (M): Accountant aged 30. DNA evidence of him was found with all three victims, but seems to have little motive for at least two of the murders.

Witness: Les Haulit (M), Lorry (truck) Driver aged 29. Saw Suspect enter the van and exit at time of murder.

Evidence list
Autopsy report 1: Ian Transit Murdered 13/6*. Approx. Time of death: 1 PM. Location of death: In the back of his Lorry (Truck) Cause of death: Struck with Blunt object
Autopsy Report 2: Murdered 13/6*. Approx. Time of death: 2 PM. Location of death: In one of the racks of fruit. Cause of death: Strangled with object
Autopsy Report 3: Murdered 13/6*. Approx. Time of death: 3 PM. Location of death: IT Room of Accountancy Firm Cause of death: Shot
Club: Traces of 1st victims blood on it, has fingerprints of suspect
Suspect's Tie: Traces of 2nd victims blood on it, has fingerprints of suspect
Revolver: Ballistic markings on bullet match the revolver, has fingerprints of suspect.
* I have written the dates in the British way, but seeing as there isn't a 13 month you probably guessed :F

Roles: [(OC) = Can be own Char.]
Defence Lawyer (OC): OPEN
Defence Aide (OC): OPEN (Optional)
Prosecutor (OC):OPEN
Note to Prosecutor:
Spoiler:
Before we start, I have important info about the Defendant you need to see. I'll send you a PM about it

Judge (The Judge): Moi
Detective (Gumshoe):OPEN
Defendant(Hugh Didit): OPEN
Witness 1 (Les Haulit): OPEN
Secret roles:
Spoiler:
Witness 2 (Name and Info will be PM'd to you): OPEN
Witness 3 (Name and Info will be PM'd to you): OPEN

Last edited by Gerkuman on Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:22 am, edited 4 times in total.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

A couple of quacks with this one, You've got 1-3 with the witnesses, you might want to think about all the connections.

Next issue I have is your role as the detective. If you can defend your point then that's perfect with me, particularly if you have the back end all set tight. However, the detective is traditionally a single character in the line of witnesses. If you're organizing this RPG you won't have much screen time to get people going in the right direction should the cast go astray. You might also want to consider a more reoccuring character such as the Judge or the Prosecutor.

Took the name so you couldn't

Case N-74

Crime: Murder

Victim: Paul Neuvan (age 26) he worked as a salesman. Very persistant. Found dead in front of the defendant's house

Defendant: Darry Gates (age 21) a rich computer fanatic said who was at home at the time of the murder. Defendants foot prints were found infront of the victim and a weapon with the finger prints of the defendant.

Witnesses:
Randy Shepard: (age 36) A security guard who is calm and very mild mannered, He called the police. He says to have witnessed the victim's death.

Fred Brumbly: (age 68) A very senile old person who claims he saw the the murderer run away he got pushed down by the murderer but he did now see the face but his clothes and hair was exactly fitting the description of the defendant.

Jane Valance: (age 21) Works as a hair dresser, Darry's girlfriend. She has problems at works and is always stressed. A soon as she came home she saw a man with the image Darry Aiming a shotgun in her face but didn't shoot instead the person hit her with the gun and ran away.

Evidence:
Autopsy: COD: Shotgun fired at body Date: 11/12 Time: 6:20 PM

Gates's Coat: A long coat belonging to the defendant. The blood of the victim was found on it.

Winchester Shotgun: A winchester pump action shotgun used to kill the victim, bears fingerprints from Defendant and it was his shotgun.

Threat Note: Message found in victim's briefcase saying "You no good scammer, jerk. If you know what is good for you shall bring back the things you stole." Some money was found in the briefcase. This was a printed note and no fingerprints found on the paper.

Gate's computer: after searching it found a virus file called dresser confirmed to be sent by the victim, The file supossedly is a game of tic tac toe when you scan it the virus is very rare a most scanners don't detect it. The virus is a spy witch can look into files for any personal information. It had been recording a lot of information about new programs he was making and it found out all his personal information.

Roles:
Judge (The Judge):
Detective (gumshoe):
Defendant (Gates):
Defense (OC):
Defense Aide( OC):
Prosecution (Edgeworth): Me
Witness (Shepard):
Witness (Brumbly):
Witness (Valance):

What is my liiiife?!?

Ok's, I've edited my earlier post with changes. However, I'm not gonna give any more details on the witnesses, as the defence doesn't know there ARE any more witnesses :F (Only the prosecution and the witnesses themselves)

And now I'm Udgey :3

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Okay, both of those sound good to me now.

And with that, considering we technically have 5+ RPGs going on. I say we can approve more, but anymore should be put on a waiting list.

What is my liiiife?!?

I'm confused now :F

Do you mean that Mine is accepted and the other ones' on the list, or that Both mine and Shelly's are accepted?

both, your 2 make 5 going on. GO ahead and make your topic.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

It means everyone who posted their requests have been approved and can start the signups, but any more requests might want to wait.

What is my liiiife?!?

Ok! ^_^ Perhaps you could edit your top post and make a list of curent RP's and a waiting list? (If ya want to that is :))

Edit- Im so sorry, I posted this before realizing that there were five already. Well, can I at least go on the waiting list?
Defendant- James Richardson (Male)
Cause of Death- Stab
Scene of the crime- A resturaunt bathroom (Girl's Room)
Witnesses
John- A waiter, first found the body
Don- Saw the defendant walk out of the restaurant walking very briskly not long after the murder
Ami- Was in the bathroom when Helen walked in, left almost immediately after she walked in.
Jenna- First to walk in the bathroom after the murder. She ran out and called the police immediately after she saw the body, according to her

Death Details
The victim was apparently had her shirt off, was stabbed near the heart, had her shirt put back on, and then she was shot. The knife was not found, though the gun was. A glove marking found on it. Their was apparently a struggle, defendants blood found at the scene.

Other info
Interestingly, the police dug up that James Richardson dated Helen back in highschool. James was also best friends with her housband, Micheal Esquire, who was the same age as James when he died.

Evidence/Court Record

Autopsy Report- Murder happened between 6 and 7. Cause of death, two shots to the chest. Place of Death- Lady's restroom in Sally's, A fancy and expensive restaurant.

Gun- Found at seen of the crime, used after the victim was stabbed. Three shots fired. Glove marks on it. Bares a faint fingerprint of the defendant on the barrel, where there are no glove marks. Belonged to the victims husband, who died in a car crash a weak before this.

Restaurant Brochure- Shows that the restaurant closes at 7:15 PM on thursday. Food typically costs 30 dollars for a meal (It is a fancy restaurant)

Victim's Purse- Found at the scene, contained nothing but some mace, an empty wallet, and a cutout from the newspaper obituary section, which shows her husband.

Watch- A watch that was broken and wouldn't move past the time 7:05. The police arrived right before 7, so it was apparently broken before they arrived, or it was set wrong. Belonged to the defendant

A Comic Book- A rare comic book, this was believed to be the same comic book that the defendant and the victims husband used as friendship token. Bears fresh fingerprints from the defendant and victim that were on there the day of the murder or the day before. Faint marks from Micheal Esquire also are on it. It is uncertain who was in possession of this at the time of the murder.

Positions

Victim- Helen Esquire
47 Years Old, Victim
(CLOSED)

Defendant- James Richardson
45 Years old, Defendant

Judge- Dale Smith (DT183)
57 Years Old, Judge for a while. Father of Defence Attorney Jake Smith
(CLOSED)

Defence Attorney- To be Decided
(Use your own character of your choice...Phoenix Wright will be the preset otherwise)

Prosecutor- (Zeldafan422, Name coming soon)
(Info coming soon)
(CLOSED)

Witness- John Erickson
19 Years Old

Witness- Don
23 Years Old

Witness- Ami
21 Years Old

Detective- Josh
26 Years Old, Recently promoted and first murder scene to examine, also his first trail

Defense Assistant- (To be Decided)
(Character picked by whoever wants this position, preset character will be Maya Fey)

Prosecutor Assistant- (To be Decided)
(Character picked by whoever wants this position)

The Fragrance of Dark Chocolate...

If I understand correctly, it's as if all the trials that had already been busy had never occurred?
...Statitude of limitations, I guess... Oh well.

Brawl FC: 2878-9364-8895

Sacred Powers, cast your purifying light upon these corrupt souls... Rest in peace, sinners! JUDGEMENT!

Hmm... Your stupidity amuses me so....

Guard Daos wrote:
If I understand correctly, it's as if all the trials that had already been busy had never occurred?
...Statitude of limitations, I guess... Oh well.

No it's probably the chaos of the forum move.
Image Image
:ack: :ka-whip: Firm supporter of the :franny: / :phoenix: pairing. :object: :whip:

What is my liiiife?!?

The old trial bit of the board is kept open until they're finished. Croik said so.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

The courthouse is still open on the old forum. Not sure if anyone's still using it though...?
ImageImage

The Show

I wanna getin on some RPG'ing. . but it looks like all the ones going on now are all full. .. I'd be happy to join any that are pending or whatnot. Also i'm experianced in role playing so this is what I'm really looking forward to.

I know the limit for trials has been reached, but they are all full and i'm really itching to be in one. But i'd like to present a trial to do also. I know i'll prolly be put into a waiting list, but I wanna get my place in line, lol.

Case: SR-20
Victim: Ken Styles
Defendant: Silvia Carraway
Cause of death: High impact trauma (Fell from roof of 13-story building)

Wittnesses:
Alex Reyes (Age 46)-Janitor, witnessed both the defendant and victim make thier way to the roof together.
Kyo Harima (Age31)-Employee, first discovered the defendant on the roof.
David Talbert (Age 48)-Employee, first discovered the defendant on the roof with Kyo Harima.

Roles:
-Defence lawer (Phoenix Wright)
-Defence Aide (Can be OC. Maya on default)
-Prosecutor (Can be OC. Edgeworth on default)
-Judge
-Detective (Can be OC. Gumshoe on default )
-Defentant (Silvia Carraway)
-Wittness 1 (Alex Reyes)
-Wittness 2 (Kyo Harima)
-Wittenss 3 (David Talbert)

Evidence/Court Record

Autopsy Report: Death due to Impact from fall. Time of death 2:15PM

Security Tape 1 :Shows Defendant and victim enter the roof together.

Security Tape 2: Shoes Kyo Harima and David Talbert enter the roof.

Bracelet: Defendant's bracelet, victim was found holding it when body was discovered.

Details: Victim and Defendant had bad blood between each other. The victim was the defendant's boss. On the day of the murder the Victim called the defendant to his office and was then seen forcefully leading her somewhere. The janitor then witnessed them enter the roof. The murder took place. After 10 minutes 2 witnessed entered the roof and discovered the defendant hysterical. Time defendant was found: 2:20.

Last edited by Akagi on Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Show

so . . .anyone check thsi thread. . .? lol

Silent Knight

((OBJECTION! I know there is already 5 trials, but i would like one more please.))

Case B-15; Turnabout Katana

Victim: Jeffrey Scott (age 22) Owner of "Scott's Homemade Pizza"; very arrogant; was found dead at his own restaurant.

Defendant: Bill Way (age 25) Computer Designer, with a love of swords, and is a very energetic man; at Scott's restaurant the time of Scott's death. The katana which was used to kill Scott had Way's fingerprints all over it.

Witnesses:
Kail Kemper: (age 33) Weatherman;witnessed the murder as he walked into the restaurant

Jack Clance: (age 19) A young yet, depressed man; was Scott's best friend and one of his many waiters; saw the murderer run away.

Evidence:
Autopsy: COD: Katana stabbed in the head: 7/31 Time: 4:24 PM

Way's Jacket: Heavy jacket in the possession of the defendant, has blood all over the sleeves.

Katana: A katana belonging to the defendant, used to kill the victim and has the defendant's fingerprints all over it.

Roles:
Judge (The Judge): Myself.
Detective (Gumshoe):
Defendant (Way):
Defense (Phoenix):
Defense Aide (Phoenix):
Prosecution (Edgeworth):
Witness (Kemper):
Witness (Clance):

{Note: The evidence there is just for starters Nick}

Go Super Dragon!

Okay I’m pretty new to this WHOLE thing so just try to bear with me.
By the way im good with names like somethin909 but if you with to participate pm me the Real name you want to be because I don’t want to have to write a really complex name in all the time

Turnabout grudges

Defendant:
Will Turner
Male

Victim:
Joe Turner
Male

Cause of death:
Stabbed in the chest with a pen knife and then shot in the back

Time of death: Between 2 and 3pm

Possible Motive:
Will and Joe’s parent were involved in a car accident and are in a near death position and if they do die Joe will inherit most of the money so then if will killed Joe then all the money and other things would go to Will.

Reason for arrest:
A witness saw will run out of the Turner house-hold just after the murder happened and this witness immediately called the police

Defense attorney
[Insert name here]

Defense’s aide
[Insert name here]

Prosecutor CLOSED (me)
Dominic Paxton

[I do not want an aide soz Sal ]

Judge
[insert name here]

Detective
[insert name here]
(You will give the case info like the C.O.D and The motive and the reson for arrest)

Wittness 1
[insert name here]

Witness 2
[insert name here]

My Brawl Code:1977-0094-1900Don't Bother Anymore

The Show

SO when can we start the new trials we put up? Im just waiting for a slot to open on any one. . I really wanna join one

Master Attorney

TW:R2-H Trial

Defendants claim: At 12:14 a.m. at "Beach Clover Hospital" a Doctor was stabbed to death by a 2 inch knife repeatedly then was dragged to the beach. The Defendant who was walking down the beach and found the Doctor. He tried to help him but it was to late. For some reason the defendant picked up the knife to take a look at it. Then he heard a scream coming from the hospital which was to the left of him. He looked up at the front of the hospital and there was the witness, she had called the police.

The Victim: Dr. Hart, Lance

Job: Doctor
Cause of death: repeated stabs to the chest.

The Suspect: Dr Zelos, James

Witness 1: Nurse Sheena Fuji

Job: Nurse

Witness 2: Charles "Junky" Smith

Witness 3: Dr Jackson Plaque

Evidence List

Autopsy Report: Dr Lance Hart time of death: 12:14, Cause of Death: repeated stabs to the chest.

2 inch knife: was found with the victim.

Over view Map: Its the Over view look to the hospital

Blood staned Cloth: was found in Dr Jackson's room

Roles:

Defence (Me)
Defendant (need some-one)
Prosecution (nuke you)
Judge (need some-one)
Witness (need 3 people)

The world calls it love

Time to clear out this backlog:

Akagi and BladeKiro, your trials are approved and have been added to the court docket. Since we already have five trials in progress I wouldn't recommend that you begin sign-ups yet, since people that sign up now may not necessarily still be around once a spot opens up for you to begin. Make sure you check in on the docket with some regularity though, as if we call your case for trial and you don't respond we'll likely move on down the list.

Dompaxton: I'm holding off on approving your trial right now, as the information you've provided is a bit...sparse. You haven't provided any evidence or reason for suspicion. A single witness who saw a man run out of his own house (or that of his family) is hardly just cause to permit a murder trial. Provide some more specifics and your trial will be reconsidered.

Zexo Hannta: Your proposal is also a bit sparse when it comes to cause for suspicion. Is there any evidence aside from the knife that indicates that the defendant committed the crime? If you have more and just don't want to reveal it for spoilers' sake, then PM me. Additionally, unless you have a particular plan in mind for how this will play out, I question your decision to play the defense. Considering that you already know all of the case info and will likely have to divulge most of it to the prosecution and pertinent witnesses, nobody's really left to figure anything out. Is that really a design you want to continue with?

I believe that takes care of everything for now. In the interest of keeping the trials moving I'll be discussing a few things with the other mods, so don't be surprised to see an update to the trial rules in the near future.

The Show

Thanks Anders, I'll be ready to start anytime you give the approval.

Master Attorney

Man I need to think about this trial...

I guess back to the thinking.

Mine was never approved/disproved (Its a couple posts above this one)

The world calls it love

Oh wow I'm sorry. I remember seeing your post but neglected to read through it. Well, anyway, the good news is that your trial's been approved and added to the appropriate spot on the court docket. Thanks for the reminder.

Go Super Dragon!

dompaxton wrote:
Possible Motive:
Will and Joe’s parent were involved in a car accident and are in a near death position and if they do die Joe will inherit most of the money so then if will killed Joe then all the money and other things would go to Will.
justify][/justify]

there's your motive INHERITENCE MONEY Dr. Grey

The world calls it love

Yes I'm aware of that, but motive is not the same as reason for suspicion. My biggest issue with this case right now is here:

dompaxton wrote:
Reason for arrest:
A witness saw will run out of the Turner house-hold just after the murder happened and this witness immediately called the police

If the only evidence implicating Will is a witness that saw him leave the house, that wouldn't be near enough to push forward with a murder trial, regardless of any possible motive he would have. At present, there's no solid evidence that would cause the police or a court to believe that Will murdered anybody. The prosecution's case would be pretty weak if this is all you have.

Now everyone, prepare for my next trick!

Ah, forget about this one.

EDIT- Oh, sorry. There are all ready 5 Sadshoe . Well, after the other are done, can you take a look at mine?
Description: A 38 year old man was found dead on a sidewalk. A man was found standing beside the corpse with a bloody knife under his feet.

Evidence List
Autospy Report- two stabs to the stomach. Died of loss of blood. Victim could have lived a few minutes longer after being stabbed.

A bloody knife- Bears the victim's and defendant's blood. Contains the defendant's fingerprints.

Note- Reads unledgeable lines in a zig-zag pattern

Profiles
Damien Jones- The victim. Was on a walk when murdered.
(That is the real only profile I have named. The rest will be the names of the characters.

Roles Needed
Defendant
Defense Attorney CLOSED by me :3
Prosecuter
Defense's aid-Optional
Prosecuter's aid-Optional
Judge
Detective
Witness
Witness 2

That is all for now. Roles will be chosen if this gets accepted
I really need a new sig...

Last edited by AJ Bryant on Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

太多時間

I got quite a few ideas for cases, but I just cant really be bothered to mention them ...
Let us dye the world in despair, and bring a dismal end to this fairy tale.

The Fragrance of Dark Chocolate...

I was wondering... Why is it that posts don't count here? I mean, it's a serious RP.

Brawl FC: 2878-9364-8895

Sacred Powers, cast your purifying light upon these corrupt souls... Rest in peace, sinners! JUDGEMENT!

Go Super Dragon!

How long do trials usually go on for?
Two ideas.Topic%20Title

NO YOU DONT IDORT

Yep, I have two trials.

ML-8: Turnabout Tycoon

Crime: Attempted Theft of a large sum of money from a bank

Description: A man was apprehended early in the morning at the city bank, attempting to make off with a very large sum of money. The alarm had not been triggered; however as the perpetrator attempted to leave, he was discovered and apprehended by new employee Mike Meekins. The perpetrator, who confessed to the crime, claimed that he was asked by the defendant to carry the heist out.

Suspect: Bob Gattern, 48. Founder and CEO of Macroware, a powerful technology tycoon. A very practical man, somewhat conceited, but still good-natured.

Reason for Arrest: The man arrested for being in possession of the money claimed that 'The boss told me to do it'. Supposedly, this would help fund a new software project Gattern wished to start. Also some evidence left at the crime scene helped this idea.

Evidence
-Memo: A typed memo, dropped at the scene by the perpetrator. It bore no fingerprints, but had detailed typed instructions for the robbery. It looks as if part of it was torn off the bottom
-Security Camera: Contains footage of the crime.
-Pistol: 9mm weapon found with the perpetrator. Bears no fingerprints. Was fired twice.
-Alarm: Had not been triggered during the crime. Silent Alarm, and an automatic trigger. Was not malfunctioning.

Characters
-Defence Attorney: Can be OC
-Aide: Can be OC
-Prosecutor: Jacob Clancy, 19. A young prodigy, not unlike Franziska von Karma. However, his methods couldn't be more different; he always strives to find the truth, being idealistic in his nature. However, his youthfulness also makes him slightly naive at times. This is his first real trial. Player: Me.
-Detective: Can be OC
-Judge(preferably the judge we all know)
-Witness 1: Alan Hopkins, 25. The perpetrator of the crime. He seems like a slimeball, pure and simple.
-Witness 2: Mike Meekins, 22. Former policeman; now security guard at the bank. Still inept as ever. Strange hwo he managed to catch the crook...
(More witnesses will come later)
-Cordelia Gattern, 36. The defendant's wife, a strikingly beautiful lady. Bears a slight resemblance in temperament and look to a woman from a previous case Phoenix Wright took on.
-Harold Gattern, 12. The defendant's son. The very definition of a spoiled brat.

ML-17: Turnabout Romance

Description: A young woman was found dead outside the local train station early in the morning. A search of the victim's house found some interesting things, and a bloody wire was found in the apartment of the defendant. The arrest was made about a week after the victim's death.

Victim: Kathy Scarlette, 24. The victim. Had been attending Beauty College, and was an ace student. Apparently had been cheating on the defendant.

Defendant: Jose Yosemite, 20. Young Mexican Immigrant(legal). Working in a minimum wage job, and was the defendant's boyfriend. By all accounts, he loved her immensely. Enjoys playing Violin, of all things.

Reason for Arrest: A blood-stained guitar wire was found in the house of the defendant, after a search was done.

Evidence
-Kathy's Autopsy Report: Time of Death: May 26 at around 1 A.M. Cause of Death: Strangulation from a wire.
-Blood-caked wire: String from a violin. The murder weapon. It is an E string, to be precise; very thin.
-Diary: The victim's diary. Mentions the fact that she has been cheating on the defendant. Bears the defendant`s fingerprints.
-Violin: Belongs to the defendant. Missing an A string.

Characters
-Defence Attorney: Preferably Phoenix, but any other is fine.
-Aide: Preferably Maya, but must be female otherwise.
-Prosecutor: see above. Player: Me.
-Detective: Can be OC.
-Judge: Ayup. The usual judge. Yanni Yogi
-Witness 1: Basil Uhr, 19. Worker at the train station. Witnessed the crime from a distance.
-Witness 2: Belle Young, 23. Lives near the defendant. Knew the victim, and spoke with her shortly before her death. She's basically a yuppie caricature.
-Other: Freddy Jones, 28. A man who our heroes run into, who has recently moved near the aide's hometown(If Maya, then Kurain village, for instance) The aide finds herself smitten with him, and runs off with him rather frequently... He is shy and sweet.

Damn, this was a long post. XD
I wish I didn't suck at Photoshop D:

Last edited by Liam-e on Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:14 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Hmm... Your stupidity amuses me so....

dompaxton wrote:
How long do trials usually go on for?

As there's only been one trial to ever finish on the old forums it's impossible to give an estimate.
Image Image
:ack: :ka-whip: Firm supporter of the :franny: / :phoenix: pairing. :object: :whip:

NO YOU DONT IDORT

And I am struck with inspiration yet again.

NO-5: Turnabout Fraternity

Description: A gunshot was heard in a small apartment complex. The victim was found with a bullet hole in his forehead, and the gun was held by the defendant. Further evidence established a motive, and the man is now awaiting trial.

Victim: Max McGowen, 28. Football player. By all accounts he was a very popular man, who was also sharp as atack. Even so, it seems he was a bit of a bully towards his little brother. Had recently been falling on hard times.

Suspect: Milo McGowen, 22. Studying literature in college. The victim's little brother. Found on the crime scene. Some apparent resentment borne toward the victim from his childhood. Has a history of emotional instability.

Reason for Arrest: The defendant was found holding the murder weapon. There were signs of a struggle as well. A search of the defendant's personal belongings found a hidden entry in his blog where he wished 'Max would just drop dead'.

Evidence
-Max's Autopsy Report: Death due to single gunshot wound to the forehead at point-blank range. Death was instantaneous.
-Revolver: .44 revolver. The murder weapon. Belonged to the victim, and bears the fingerprints of both; however, the fingerprints of the victim are not arranged as if he held the gun.
More evidence cannot be revealed at this time.

Characters
-Defence Attorney: Preferably the same as the last two.
-Aide: Again, see above.
-Prosecutor: see previous cases. Player: Me.
-Detective: Anyone's fine.
-Judge: The usual.
-Witness: Freddy Fuchs, 25. An extremely strange man who wears a fox costume and claims he is a fox. The next door neighbor to the victim, and the one who discovered the scene.

((This is meant to be a quick one day trial to start off the arc of trials.))
I wish I didn't suck at Photoshop D:

Last edited by Liam-e on Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.

The world calls it love

My finals are starting up this week, so it'll take me a few days before I'm able to look through the proposed cases and approve/reject them. I'll appreciate your patience!

And to Liam-e: in the interest of fairness to everyone else that wants to run a trial, I'll request that you only formally propose one of the (currently three) cases you've posted. I'd rather not allow the court docket to be overrun with a bunch of active trials by the same person. Pick out whichever you like the best or think is the most throught-through and let me know once I've got time to evaluate this backlog.

Go Super Dragon!

ok i did som tweeking and my friend looked it over and said it looked even so here it is:

Okay I’m pretty new to this WHOLE thing so just try to bear with me.
By the way i' good with names like somethin909 but if you with to participate pm me the Real name you want to be because I don’t want to have to write a really complex name in all the time

Turnabout grudges

Defendant:
Will Turner
Male

Victim:
Joe Turner
Male

Cause of death:
Stabbed in the chest with a pen knife and then shot in the back

Time of death: Between 2 and 3pm

Possible Motive:

Reason for arrest:
A witness was filming the street for a school project and caught a man escape the house but did not see his face, but he had the same coat on when he was arrested

Evidence:
Joe’s autopsy report;
Between 2 and 3 pm victim was stabbed with a pen knife then shot in the back

Penknife:
Has victim’s blood on it and the defendants finger prints are all over it

Will’s coat:
Victim’s blood on back and defendant’s blood on shoulder
(No wounds found on defendant’s body)

Defense attorney
[Insert name here]

Defense’s aide
[Insert name here]

Prosecutor
[insert name here]

Prosecutor’s Aide
[insert name here]

Judge
Dom Paxton
Age 23 a very young judge but like trials that unroll by themselves.

Detective
[Insert name here]
(You will give the case info like the C.O.D and The motive and the reason for arrest)

Witness 1
[Insert name here]
Student
Filmed the moment someone escaped the house

Witness 2
[Insert name here]
Age 34
Insurance salesman
Was going door to door and claims to have seen the entire thing.

Eisenhower says: "I see you!"

Case: DZ-27
Turnabout Cathedral

Crime: Murder in the 1st Degree

Victim: Father Francis Jordan, age 55. Obsessive-complusive, honest, soft-spoken man. Found dead in his church's confession both.

Defendant: Micheal Ryan, age 24. An outspoken athiest and general disenter of all things religious. Known to be on bad terms with Father Jordan.

Witness #1: Alyssa Gane, age 27. Member of Father Jordan's church. Witness to a fight between the victim and defendant two days before the murder. Claims Ryan "Got physical".

Witness #2: Father Mark Bord, age 58. Close friend of Father Jordan. Priest in a cross-town church. Says he witnessed the defendant leaving the church on the night of the murder.

Witness #3: ???, yet to be revieled

Evidence:
Autopsy Report: Time of death between 9 and 10pm, Wednesday, 12/4. Cause of Death, bleeding caused by one shot to the head, 45 caliber handgun. Wound reeks of gunpowder and is fringed by a burn mark.

Map: A map of the church.

Picture of the crime scene: Shows Father Jordan slumped in the confessional booth.

Confessional booth door: bears defendants fingerprints.

45 Caliber Handgun: Fired twice, bears the defendants fingerprints and victims blood.

Roles:
Judge(The Judge): Me
Defense(OC):
Defense Aid(OC):
Defendant(Mike Ryan):
Detective(OC):
Prosecution(OC):
Witness #1(Alyssa Gane):
Witness #2(Father Bord):
Witness #3(???):

I understand there are trials already going, and trials in the wings. This is for when they all wrap up.
Page 1 of 8 [ 297 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Trials