Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony

Page 1 of 7[ 242 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Mia_Fey's fanfiction (Updated 12/25- Phoenix/Iris fic)Topic%20Title

True love is forever.

I am interested in submitting fanfiction to Court-Records.

Here are the fanfics I've written. I hope you enjoy them and all reviews are very much appreciated.
My PenName at fanfiction.net is Pen and Paper71. It gets posted there, but I will always add a link to my stuff here as well. Enjoy!
Oneshots:
A New Beginning (Phoenix/Iris) T&T spoilers: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3894719/1/A_New_Beginning
Summary: Second chances are so rare, but they do happen at times. When they come along, it is important not to let the opportunity go to waste.

Changes (Phoenix/Iris) T&T and GS4 spoilers: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3921781/1/Changes
Summary: With the hardships of the past year, Phoenix has grown very distant. Iris knows she must act now or risk losing him.

Moving On (Phoenix/Iris) T&T and minor GS4 spoilers: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3962263/1/Moving_On
Summary: Iris knew this would be difficult, but she could do it. For him, she could do anything.

Painful Memories (Phoenix/Iris) Major T&T spoilers: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3989123/1/Painful_Memories
Summary: The past can be very tough to remember, but it often paves the way to a brighter future. This Iris knows very well.

Love and Family (Phoenix/Iris) T&T and minor GS4 spoilers: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4020644/1/Love_and_Family
Summary: Through the good and bad times, they always have each other.

Separation and Transformation, T&T spoilers: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4050025/1/S ... sformation
Summary: The worst monsters are the ones we create.

Rekindling (Phoenix/Iris), AJ/GS4 spoilers: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4196279/1/Rekindling
Summary: Whatever may come, true love never really dies away. Sometimes all that is needed is a little push to reveal what has always been there.

A Winning Match (Phoenix/Iris), T&T and minor AJ/GS4 spoilers: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4442572/1/
Summary: Things always became easier and more enjoyable when they worked together.

Study Session (Phoenix/Iris): http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5610940/1/Study_Session
Summary: Studying together is always more fun then studying alone.

Completed
Beginnings (Apollo/Vera, implied Phoenix/Iris), AJ/GS4 spoilers: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5,
Chapter 6
Summary: Everything around her seemed so new and different. Even her own feelings had begun to change.

Tentatively Ongoing:
Together (Phoenix/Iris), T&T and AJ spoilers:
Rush, Cure, Chemistry, Enjoying the Moment,
Hearts
Summary: Prompt driven drabbles based around the Phoenix/Iris pairing. T&T and some minor AJ spoilers. A couple more to come.

Happiness (Phoenix/Iris)
Chapter 1
Summary: Iris has something important to tell Phoenix, something that will effect both of their lives forever. T&T spoilers
Proud Supporter of Phoenix/Iris, Ron/Dessie, Klavier/Ema, and Apollo/Vera
Fanfics Updated-12/25

Last edited by Mia_Fey on Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:18 am, edited 44 times in total.
Re: Mia_Fey's fanfictionTopic%20Title

Faith is for the transient people.

Ooh! I'm reading for sure :D It's the least I can do for a fellow FeenRis fan.

AFTER READING

DDDD: I want to cry! That was so beautiful! You're so much better at detail than me. I commend you Mia_Fey, for your awesome fanfic. I want to see more. But I'm a patient person. After all, nothing's worse than rushing a fic and it being bad... that's my friend Slezak's rule.

EDIT: Didn't see that it was a Oneshot. Well, that gives me a new perspective:

Definitely very very good for a oneshot. I can't stop reading it over and over D: it's just so beautiful and I nearly actually cry every time I read it. (I did cry the second time I read it)

Now I feel stupid for adding it to my Story Alert+ List. XD I didn't see the "Oneshot" description beforehand.
Proud supporter of Phoenix/Iris, past, present and future
Thank you Elriel! :D

Edgey fan...

What an absolutely f**king AMAZING job you did!! It seems like a hentai in parts, ESPECIALLY near the end!

And yeah, I still haven't played T&T yet, but I have a general gist of the story, so this was definitively good to expand that game for me.

Also, got it bookmarked (have the best computer in the world back in my hands!!)

Oh, and whoever did the PWAA Case 2 Alternative Ending I found on either GameTrailers or YouTube: That, my friend, was FUNN-EE!!

BJ

True love is forever.

New story up. The pairing is Phoenix/Iris again. I value your guys opinions on it, so please review. The link is in my first post. Hopefully I'll get my Mia/Diego oneshot done soon and I'll be able to post that as well (Don't hold your breath though. I'm having issues writing Diego). Remember reviews are good! Enjoy!
Fanfics Updated-12/25

My son is bored. Care to play with him?

Allow me to first state that I am a tough critic and miserly with tears. Having finished T&T some weeks ago, I have since been trying to peer into Phoenix's romantic future and failing that, started looking for other fans' renditions of the outcome I desired to see--namely a renewal of love with Iris. I first read "Changes" Friday night while running over fanfiction.net with a fine-tooth comb. My eyes started running for reasons other than dryness and I couldn't read it with a steady voice, I was so moved. I thought, "Whoever this Pen and Paper71 is...I'll have to see if I can thank him/her for writing this." Sure enough...here you are. Beautiful work, Mia_Fey. Believe it or not, you've inspired me to take a crack at writing some Feenie fiction of my own. I only hope I can do as good a job crawling into her head as you've done crawling into his and mine. :think:

True love is forever.

Wow I didn't expect that reaction. It makes me so happy to hear! :redd: . Thank you so much! Thank you to BJWanlund and Xero Wright also for your wonderful reviews! It means a lot to me.
Fanfics Updated-12/25

FeenRis & Minuki!

OOO! Another Feenris Fanfic, i better tell Iris i don't think she found this, must read!
Family Tree Game: Slezak and DNR's child. Brother of VioletBlue and Irisisodamnhot
Thanks Vickinator for the sig!

You're too slow!

Woah, you were the ones that wrote these? When I found them randomly on Fanfiction.net, I had no idea it was you Mia_Fey!

Anyways, awesome!

Also, what's the problem with writing Diego?
Image Image

Well, I have to hold off on the second for the spoilerness, but New Beginning was incredibly :shoe: <3

True love is forever.

Yay! More reviews are excellent. Thanks guys. It makes me happy to get feedback and I'm really happy that you like them.
@ superangelo128- I find Diego difficult mostly because we don't get to see much of him in the game so I find it hard to really understand his personality. He's only in 3-4 which is a shockingly short case
Spoiler: T&T
and of course he's also Godot so if I cut parts of Godot's personality I think I can get a better idea of Diego, but he's become so warped by this point that its hard to tell.
I also find the sexism in Diego's personality difficult to write, but whether or not I like that part of him, it is a part of his personality and I would be remiss in ignoring it (unfortunately when I try to write it in, it either comes out way to heavy, and is more likely to cause Mia to strangle him rather than kiss him :edgy: , or I leave it out and he sounds more like Phoenix than Diego).

The story is coming along better now though so hopefully it will be ready soon (I work better when I have some motivation to finish the piece and reviews are a big motivator for me because I hate to leave my readers waiting too long so I focus more effort on getting them done and done well so I don't disappoint. If I'm only writing for myself then they get done when they get done). To anyone who hasn't reviewed yet, please do! They mean a great deal to me.
Fanfics Updated-12/25

Location: Downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada (yes i live in canada)

Finnaly Found it! Its AMAZING can someone post anyother ones on The Feenris topic? Thx Mia_Fey!
sigTolombo conMagic

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

Wow... I can't believe I haven't commented on these yet... THEY'RE FREAKIN' AWESOME!!! Then again, I'm kinda biased towards anything FeenRis related, but still, everything about it is fabulous. Nice work, and I hope you make more.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Alright, I do have one small critique towards your first story:
Spoiler:
I personally felt Phoenix's response to Iris' question about his relationship with Maya was a bit too... perfect. Nick isn't that smooth, I would have expected him to be taken a little off-guard or at least stumble a bit ("N-no, we really aren't like that! Image")

Even with that minor point, it was still totally magical. Image
Topic%20Title

Happy Holidays~

Wow. Just wow.

Spoiler: First Story
The first story;
I liked how you did it from Iris's view, instead of Feenie's. It made the whole thing so much more enjoyable when Phoenix said that he knew that the Dahlia in court wasn't the same, I teared up. :'D I mean, how touching! Phoenix must have felt some hard/sad/mad feelings after he found out he was fooled, but he took it so smoothly, in the game and the fic! The only thing I didn't really like was, like Franzise said, the fact that Phoenix took her question smoothly. Unless he knew that she would ask. OMG TIME TRAVEL!!! *gasp*

Spoiler: Second Story
The second story;
x3 My all-time favorite. I always wondered how Iris and Minuki would get along (D: IdontliekTrucy), and your fic just hit it, right on the spot. Exactly like I expected. When Phoenix becomes moody-eew-get-away, Iris handles it so well! Tho she seems unlike her normal self ("Tell me, NAOW!" O-O), it's clear that she is still trying to be sweet with him, along with Minuki, while getting her to bed. All in all, great story. This has given me even more ideas for my FeenRis fic, so thankyoukthxbai!

Oooh, Paramore and Dahlia! Props to Vickinator for the sig~

True love is forever.

Yay! More reviews are a very good thing. A general thank you goes out to all my reviewers. :phoenix: In response to some good points made in this thread, I'll respond below.
Spoiler: About my first story
Franzise Deuxnim and Ankh, you guys are absolutely right. I re-read my story after your comments and he does come off a bit smoother than our dear Nicky should have. Let's write it off to first fic in set in the PW world and pretend it didn't happen. :nick: Anyway, in all seriousness, nice catch. I'll be more careful in the future :edgy: . I'm happy that you liked the story otherwise and I'm grateful for your comments. Thank you.

Spoiler: About my second story
Ankh, you bring up a good point about Iris's character, which is why I am taking time to address it here so that people know what my reasoning was. It is true that Iris comes out a bit more forceful in this fic than seems to be her normal character, but it was done on purpose actually. We see a couple times in the game that Iris got stronger when someone she loved was threatened which indicates to me that if she believed her actions were in Phoenix's best interest, she would have done what was necessary to help him and in this case what he needed was a good kick in shins (figuratively of course :edgy: ). Is she happy about having to drag this out of him? Of course not, but because she knows that this behavior can't continue, she responds despite the fact that she hates having to do it. I also tried to indicate that this wasn't a spur of the moment thing, but I might not have been clear enough about that. Just like you don't go from GS1-3 Phoenix to GS4 Phoenix overnight, Phoenix wouldn't have gotten to where he was in the story so quickly. The story is set a year after Phoenix's disbarment and it's not until this point until Iris finally acts. This was meant to be Iris's breaking point, the point that she could no longer simply ignore the problem and hope it would go away, but I may not have made that clear enough. I'll be more careful in the future. One further point, the title refers to more than just changes in Phoenix, but to ones in Iris's personality also. For the first time she's out in the real world and without the secluded world of the temple, she has to learn to grow and adapt to her new life. As a result in the stories I write set later in the timeline, she'll probably start to become more self-assured (without losing the sweetness we all love in her). Iris still has a lot of growing to do. Anyway, that's where I was coming from here.

Thanks for the comments everyone. They were helpful. If you haven't reviewed, please do. Reviews make me happy and help me improve my writing.
Fanfics Updated-12/25
Re: Mia_Fey's fanfiction (Updated 12/23)Topic%20Title

True love is forever.

So I have another story up. Yay! The Mia/Diego is coming I swear, but... not today. In the meantime enjoy another Phoenix/Iris! It's weird. Every time I hit a wall with my Mia/Diego I seem to write another Phoenix/Iris (both Changes and Moving On are products of that)... I didn't say I could explain it. :yuusaku: Anyway enjoy. I'm actually running low on plot ideas for the next one so any suggestions are welcome (and will be greatly appreciated). Maybe it'll inspire me. I won't write anything during or post GS4 until I've played the game and it's unlikely that I'll write anything really AU. The link to the story is in my first post. Anyway, enjoy and remember reviews make me happy. :edgy: Special thanks to Xero Wright for acting as my beta (and putting up with me).
Fanfics Updated-12/25

Yay you used Rissy. Moving on has been attempted by anyone who wrote a fanfic (You, Xero....). This is really good once again. You're a good writer. Keep The Good Work Up
sigTolombo conMagic

Another great one, Mia! The only thing is... Rissy. I'm not sure what I think about that nickname. Oh well, if people like it, continue using it by all means.
100% pure Joy.

Slezak wrote:
Another great one, Mia! The only thing is... Rissy. I'm not sure what I think about that nickname. Oh well, if people like it, continue using it by all means.

I like it. At the very least it's better than Feenie. :yuusaku:

I'll have to give this another readthrough tomorrow when I'm not half-asleep, but I enjoyed it, you're so wonderful at being descriptive.

True love is forever.

Yay reviews! I'm glad you guys liked it. As for Rissy, this is its debut. It got good reactions in the Phoenix/Iris thread, so I figured I'd try it and see if it went over well in practice as well as theory. The reactions I get to it will determine whether or not I use it again (my personal preference isn't being factored in because I'm biased to it). If the reactions are mixed, then I may simply cut down on how much I use it instead of cutting it all together. So far it's leaning toward keeping it though (three positives including a review on FF.net vs. one negative), but I've decided nothing yet. Only time will tell. :edgy: Thanks again for the kind words! They mean a lot to me. To anyone who hasn't reviewed, please do.
Fanfics Updated-12/25

You're too slow!

Cool! You did a good job on the one you just did!

I really wish I could be a good writer...
Image Image

My son is bored. Care to play with him?

Very good. Does Moving On take place between New Beginning and Changes?

Slezak wrote:

I used Rissy in my Fanfic if you don't mind. Slezak and Mia_Fey would you mind editing my fanfic. Edit as much as you cause i'm only good with the story line. Add more fluff change my grammer just don't change the storyline and the characters. Can you do it for me? I'll give you credit ok... O ya and come up with a name for it. I'll send it to you if you accept by Pming with a subject of Fanfic and yes in the body and comments if you have any.
sigTolombo conMagic

Hey, what about me? I'm a great beta-er too! XD

Also, Mia, it goes without saying that this is another great fanfic, as I got to read it over 25 times before Beta-ing it. These oneshots keep getting better and better.

OOPs for got about you XD So do you agree? I'll send it to your gmail don't laugh at me though :edgeworth: Thanks Xero
EDIT: Note that my grammer and adding of random fluff extras and extras(like irrelevant to case) are horrible :D
sigTolombo conMagic

Go on ahead. And trust me, I won't laugh. :P All people make mistakes. To err is human.

I'll send it to you now o ya and i think its is to error is human and to be god like is impossible :D. Tht did not make any sense....
(Xero I'm trying to catch up to you and your Medium in Training but on most cases i don't have much time as now i have a 3 hour trip to Shen Zhen and i probably won't use the computer there either)
sigTolombo conMagic

True love is forever.

@Iris- If you're still interested, I'd be happy to beta your piece. Just send it to me by PM and I'll get to it as soon as I can.
@Gregory- This story takes place a couple months before Changes and about a year after A New Beginning.
@Xero- I'm glad you liked it. It wouldn't be half as good without your help beta-ing it, so I appreciate the help.
Thanks for the reviews and kind words everyone. :edgy: I shall start brainstorming a plot for the next one. I'm thinking about taking a step back from the drama and angst for the next one and doing some old-fashioned romantic fluff and family fun. I'm sort of playing with something in the back of my mind, but we'll see if I can develop it. Any ideas would also be helpful. Thanks again.
Fanfics Updated-12/25

Keep up the good work, Mia! I'd always be happy to beta your work... But you probably already knew that. Anyway... Good luck with the next one. Y'know, I was just thinking. Phoenix and Maya comedy fics are easy to write... But Phoenix and Iris are such a serious couple that... I'm not sure how well comedy would fit. If you can somehow make a Phoenix/Iris fic that is humorous, that'd be freakin' awesome. Anyway, I hope you continue to have good luck and remember... A rushed fanfic is not usually a good fanfic. KEEP UP DA GOOD WORK!
100% pure Joy.

I like a man with a big ... vocabulary.

One question - are these set in an alternative universe parallel to GS4? Just wondering given that Phoenix is not Hobohoudo yet XD
"Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good". - Thomas Paine

True love is forever.

Spoiler: About Phoenix's transition and timeline of my stories
Not quite. These stories are set fairly early within the seven year timeline. I doubt I'll go much further three or four years into the canon timeline until I play GS4, so I can get a better feel for GS4 Phoenix and Trucy. My theory is that Phoenix doesn't go to hobo form overnight (although he is working as a poker player even if I haven't mentioned it because we are told he's been undefeated for seven years so that must have started quickly after his disbarment). I can't see the shift happening overnight and so it is happening, just gradually. I am trying to indicate a gradual change in him, but whether or not I'm doing that well is up to you guys (the growing distance in two stories and he's not wearing a buisness suit anymore even if I haven't mentioned it specifically). Also the side of him he shows to his family in closed quarters isn't necessarily what he would automatically show to the world (including Apollo in GS4, from what I've read, Phoenix seems to be trying to be mysterious. This includes leaving some of that distance I mentioned behind particularly since Iris yelled at him, but that doesn't mean its gone. That distance just isn't aimed at his immediate family. As much as Trucy seems to adore him on GS4, I have trouble believing he spent seven years behaving like that so the chances are better that at least some of its an act mixed with real bitterness which I have attempted to include). We aren't told what occurred during those years, so I'm playing a bit without trying to wander to far outside of canon lines, although depending on what you consider canon this might be considered AUish. Just my opinion thought.

I hope you enjoyed the stories anyway. Thanks for reviewing!
@ Slezak- Thanks for the offer. I may well take you up on it. More eyes are always better to spot mistakes.
Fanfics Updated-12/25

I like a man with a big ... vocabulary.

Spoiler:
I was also wondering because it's Trucy that wins his poker games for him at 1am in Russian bars whereas you seemed to be going more for an idealistic scenario which is why I was wondering if Phoenix has a less, uh, requiring his daughter to do illegal things kind of job!

"Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good". - Thomas Paine

True love is forever.

Spoiler: GS4
We don't fully know when he started using Trucy's abilities like that or even when he learns he can. Trucy also mentions that they don't use her abilities all the time and that Phoenix is naturally good at poker, so we don't know that Trucy is sitting around at 1 am in Russian bars or that she's doing so when she's only nine. She mentions that it's only at the bigger matches she helps him (if I remember what I read at least. It's hard to do this second hand :nick: ). He does at least beat Zakku without Trucy (or perhaps he uses the magatma instead <_<). I haven't really referenced that part of their lives much mostly because I'm trying to keep the amount of spoilers in my stories low. I may write some more with heavier spoilers which would reference that in some way. I do portray him as a loving father, but I think the game supports me in that or at least what I read of it does. He may not be the most responsible father, but this doesn't stop him from being a loving one. Phoenix is no saint, but he never was in any of the games (I can give details from the previous three games but I won't for now). He seems to genuinely love her even if his ethics do become a bit screwy. I don't think I've been portraying him as idealized though, but perhaps its not coming across as well as I had hoped it would. In "Moving On" and "Changes", he's becoming increasingly more distant to the point that he is hurting Iris at least through it unknowingly (Trucy is still a little young to understand and while she might realize vaguely that something is wrong, she's just to young to realize what's happening while its happening.) and by "Changes" his investigation is taking increasing priority over his family (hence his coming home late) which is one of the things that sets Iris off. Again, these stories were set within the first year so his personality is in the beginning setting of his transition at the moment. These scenes are also brief home scenes were the outside world doesn't play in much. He and Iris get Trucy to go to bed and in "Moving On" there is a brief mention about how she's being watched by Edgeworth while they dealt with things at the Temple, but neither of these really bring in Phoenix's activities outside the home much. I haven't changed that aspect here. It simply hasn't come up as a part of the stories' plots. :edgy: By year three or four, I expect to write more drastic changes into his personality to show the result of the gradual process, which is why I'm not likely to write too much past that point until I play the game. I hope that answers your concerns adequately. I'll read my stories over to make sure that I make these things clearer in the future. Thank you for your comments. They were helpful. Were the stories okay overall?

Fanfics Updated-12/25

BJWanlund wrote:
What an absolutely f**king AMAZING job you did!! It seems like a hentai in parts, ESPECIALLY near the end!

And yeah, I still haven't played T&T yet, but I have a general gist of the story, so this was definitively good to expand that game for me.

Also, got it bookmarked (have the best computer in the world back in my hands!!)

Oh, and whoever did the PWAA Case 2 Alternative Ending I found on either GameTrailers or YouTube: That, my friend, was FUNN-EE!!

BJ

I think thats Lord Iban aka Iban on this forum Lord Iban is his username on Youtube and Iban is his username here.
sigTolombo conMagic
Re: Mia_Fey's fanfiction (Updated 1/3)Topic%20Title

True love is forever.

New story up. This isn't the more light-hearted one I promised earlier(that one is coming), but I rather liked the concept. Enjoy "Painful Memories" and all feedback is welcome. Special thanks to Slezak and Xero Wright for being my betas on this story.
Fanfics Updated-12/25

Last edited by Mia_Fey on Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

YOU. Stop writing so much awesome, my heart can't take it.

<3

In Justice We Trust

My focus is too fragile at the moment for me to read them all the way through, but before I hit that "the next person to make a noise gets shot" mood, I liked what I saw. You read my story and responded to it, so it's only fair that I return the favor.

Nicely done. I posted a review for two of your stories. Having read them, I got a good sense of the difference between my longer stories and your oneshots. Each one made me want more to the story up until the end. The difference in there from a chapter in my own stories would be the proper conclusion you give each of your tales.

I also see that we're alike in that we put our stories in the same time line even though they're separate.
I'll always love you, Max.

Last edited by General Luigi on Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Must read new chapter but dont have time now. I'll be sure to read it.
sigTolombo conMagic

You're too slow!

Your last story was really good! I liked how you visited a certain point in the past (how much Iris wanted to be called "Iris" and not "Dollie").

Good. I'm still a bit iffy on Rissy though...
Image Image

True love is forever.

Yay for reviews! Thanks for the comments everyone. I've said it before and I'll say it again, it always makes me happy to receive feedback. Your kindness has been inspiring. I'm glad you liked it particularly because this idea came to me at like 3 am and I wasn't sure if the idea was any good (but since I still liked it when I woke up the next day I decided to finish it and see what happened with it). Now to address my reviewers...
@ Franzise Deauxnim- Thank you for the kind words! I'm so happy you enjoyed it. Your comments have really helped fuel my writing (that writer's block is still looming nearby...), so the encouragement is wonderful. Thanks again!
@ irisisodamnhot- Thank you for reading the story (when you have time of course). I hope you like it.
@ superangelo128- I'm happy you liked the story! As for Rissy, the response has been pretty positive so its likely I will continue using it, but Phoenix will be the only one to use it so it won't show up that frequently. She will always be referenced as Iris in the story and by all other character for the most part (Rissy is reserved for Phoenix to say just as Feenie is reserved for Iris). I hope it doesn't hurt your enjoyment of my fics. Thanks for the review.
@ General Luigi- Thanks for your comments both here and fanfiction.net. Constructive criticism is wonderful and your comments were very helpful. I do need to be more careful about what I do as far as point of view and I will make sure to watch it from now on. You are also right that I have a preference for oneshots. I feel like it gives me more freedom to create, but as you also noticed while they are complete stories in themselves, they are also connected by both my timeline and the game's timeline. Thanks again! I look forward to the next update on your story as well. You are off to a wonderful start!
Fanfics Updated-12/25
Page 1 of 7 [ 242 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony