Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Eagle River

Page 1 of 7[ 274 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Who would you rather support for President 08?
Total votes : 173Topic%20Title

Poll ended at Thu May 03, 2007 12:09 am
Phoenix Wright 50%  50%  [ 86 ]
Damon Gant 50%  50%  [ 87 ]
Total votes : 173
RECOUNT!!! Phoenix Vs Gant PrelimTopic%20Title

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Since it's pretty clear by now that the votes are more or less even between these two candidates, we think it's a good idea to narrow the field and cut out some of the third party voting, in hopes of deciding a more clear-cut winner.

The contest itself will ultimately come down to the creativity and humor of our Top 10 Reasons. Keeping that in mind, here are some of the pros and cons of both canditates:

Phoenix Wright

Obviously Phoenix is the most well known character of the series. He's got a lot to work with, both in character and official art etc. But he's also a little plain.

Damon Gant

Gant is not nearly as well known outside the fandom as Phoenix. But he is pretty damn awesome and everyone loves a villain.

This poll will stay open for three days, and then we'll pick our candidate!!

(The contest doesn't ask for a Vice President nomination, but if you want to make suggestions for a running mate, feel free to do so in this thread)
ImageImage
Re: RECOUNT!!! Phoenix Vs Gant PrelimTopic%20Title

stirring

Damon Gant. I support him completely and totally in every way.
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy

One feathered Tail

This competition should not even take place. Gant is an obvious choice.
"Love Song for Horton #437"

BIKE MONEY!

I bearly use my Photoshop so that's my excuse.
Any suggestions? (Besides the white crap around the characters, I'll get to that eventually.)

Deefunx wrote:
Needs Hondobou >:[

Hondobou? How could I possibly fit such an irrelevant character in?
*sees sarcasm metre going off the roof* Wacky Edgy

stirring

I have to say, I love it Revvy. I don't even notice the white dots at the border. Gant just looks so majestic... and perfect.

Lawyer Extraordinaire

I don't think you people get it.
Read the first post.
This isn't just about picking the best PW president; this is about finding and unifying on a candidate that has a chance of winning.
This is about putting Phoenix Wright on the Map.
Magmar's Fury's weak point of Phoenix, popularity, is better applied to Gant.
Nobody who hasn't played PW knows who he is.
We're not trying to market our candidate to Court Records.
So what we mostly need now is a recognizable face and a presidential personality.
Only 3 people are generally known, pretty much, as shown by SNK v Capcom:
Phoenix Wright, Miles Edgeworth, and Mia Fey.
Although Edgeworth is an interesting character, he's not exactly presidential.
So Mia Fey or Phoenix Wright.
We must unite on one.
[/rant]

Just for you Baki. can you marry me now?

but hey, this final fight guy they've got up isn't known much outside the fandom, so I think we'll be okay.

stirring

Actually, I do quite get it Mia Fey. Whether or not Gant is recognizable outside the fan community, I still think we can "market" him quite well. When it comes down to it, Phoenix just has his "recognizable" attributes. Gant has so much more.

... He swims.

Eisenhower says: "I see you!"

Gant's everything wrong with politics, he's a back-stabbing, merciless, bastard. Is that really someone we want for president? I say nay friends, vote for Phoenix Wright, a man you can trust! Phoenix

Superficial Narcissist

I think there's one thing we can all agree on: no matter which one wins, Odoroki would make a fantastic vice president. Odoroki

Who knows, anymore?

I'm still voting for Gant, regardless...now, for a running mate...how about Manfred von Karma?

Eisenhower says: "I see you!"

fapman wrote:
I'm still voting for Gant, regardless...now, for a running mate...how about Manfred von Karma?

That's a great idea, we can run them as the "Deadly Duo." They stop at nothing to get what they want, even if that means murder!

Doomed Defendant

Location: I live in Luxembourg, according to Mrs. Edgeworth. :B (Nah, it's Canadia.)

Gant for the win.

He'd make a badass president.

Animator who plays PW and watches ZIM :D

"At least Gant's not Hitler" - someone I forgot.

Well, just because someone doesn't have the power to do horrible things doesn't mean they don't WANT to. Gant would probably enjoy starting WW3 and killing millions.

Phoenix.
Phoenix is totally Jewish.

Lawyer Extraordinaire

Holy Hell wrote:
Actually, I do quite get it Mia Fey. Whether or not Gant is recognizable outside the fan community, I still think we can "market" him quite well. When it comes down to it, Phoenix just has his "recognizable" attributes. Gant has so much more.

You can market him...
...but will people listen? Nick

I personally prefer Phoenix, but I will back the winner of this preliminary.
We must defend our identity! We must defend Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney!

Von Karma Tonight, we dine in Capcom! (I didn't see the movie...)

Call me Ojou-sama!

Of couse Gant.... He's cute... In some kind of twisted way...

Godot Worshipper

Alright, I'd have to go with Gant. Mainly because of the pressure put onto me by the people in #gyakusai. XD

Last edited by Kyoji on Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gant. He may be unknown to those who have not played AA1 but I am sure he can still be marketed successfully...and who knows, maybe it'll make people interested enough to check out the type of bizarre characters the series contains. Besides, Phoenix is too honest to be a politician.

I think Udgey should be Gant's VP...though Manfred would also work greatly.

ROCK AND ROLL! HIGH SPEED!

Location: Inside Edgey's closet. Shhhh! Don't tell him I'm here!

wait wait wait. I knwo that it's supposed to be a presidential election, but what's going to happen to the person who wins? What are we going to print out posters and cover our towns with them?

Phoenix is easily swayed. Maya and Larry drag him everywhere.

Gant is just plain scary and evil...

If I REALLY have to choose, I'd say Phoenix. With Edgeworth or Mia as a running mate to make sure that Gant doesn't get any hold over him.
My art thread!
My sprite thread! Calando in progress
Phoenix Wright and co.:Ace Mythbusters! Myth 2 finished
First AA fanfic: Childhood Turnabout (finished)
And my devart site
My billboard signature! *gets pelted with tomatoes*

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Android 21 3/7 wrote:
wait wait wait. I knwo that it's supposed to be a presidential election, but what's going to happen to the person who wins? What are we going to print out posters and cover our towns with them?

It's a fandom contest. Lost's the one that suggested we join in. Different sites and fandoms are supposed to run a "campaign" for their candidate all over the internet, and (in theory) when 08 comes around they'll pick a winner. Still not sure exactly what anyone will win for the effort, but it'll be a fun way to show our fandom pride.
ImageImage

stirring

Mia Fey wrote:
Holy Hell wrote:

You can market him...
...but will people listen? Nick

Will people listen to Phoenix? Quite frankly, I think if you're going to market either characters, both will be unknown outside the fandom, with Phoenix only having name recognition. When it comes down to it, if Phoenix goes up against someone and the voters don't know much about him, he won't look very "intimidating".

I have no clue how it'd all turn out, but from my perspective, Phoenix just isn't a strong candidate.

Likes to think he is extremely clever

Wouldn't you want an honest president instead of a known liar, cheater, and murderer? How would Gant be more marketable? Sure he swims... but are you sure it's not in the blood of his opponents?

Quote:
Well, just because someone doesn't have the power to do horrible things doesn't mean they don't WANT to. Gant would probably enjoy starting WW3 and killing millions.

Nah, he'd just eat babies.

Phoenix FTW!

stirring

Gant's more marketable in the sense that his presence and sprites look more dynamic and we have cool Uncle Sam sprite edits.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

For the record, we're not being Judged by the character's popularity but by the quality of our page with the top ten reasons for canidacy. This page is being judged by Capcom's staff, not by Capcom's Community.

In consequence, we don't need to use Phoenix's Market position as a crutch. Infact, it is quite irrelivent.

What we DO need is someone who be 'OH MY GOSH' in your face with sellability for this fake government position.

--------

Now, with that said, I still think that Gant is the right choice. Gant's personality and sprites pull a lot more weight across the board then Phoenix. I mean, seriously, the best moments with Phoenix were his reactions to people, Maya, Mia, Pearl, Edgeworth, Larry.

On his own, Phoenix doesn't incite anything and would actually be quite content to have a nice quiet dinner at home then to scope out the latest crime.

Gant on the other hand changes his personality on the fly, and initiates tension between characters, contrary to Phoenix, as established, that leaches off other's personalities. Not to mention Phoenix's short term in Law verses Gant's very ladder climbing career.

I mean, Look at it this way, which would you rather read about more?

Gant: ...

Ho-ho-ho! Been Swimming lately? My Job? Oh yes, I became District Chief of Police after I murdered one of my associates and held the District Prosecutor as my puppet through blackmail.

Phoenix: Oh, See my Shiny Badge?... What I showed it to you already? Huh, anyways, I became a lawyer because my childhood friend wouldn't answer my calls. So I became a lawyer... and stuff.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Gant FTW

Coffee, Anyone?

Hmm....after reading this, I kind of want to change my vote to Gant....is there anyway I can do that?
This is cause for celebration! Cheese for everyone! On second thought, cheese for no one! That could be cause for celebration if you don't like cheese!

Most concerned citizen out there.

YAY FOR GANT! Gant
Xbox Live: LadyDuoMaxwell

Just_Some_Dude wrote:
Hmm....after reading this, I kind of want to change my vote to Gant....is there anyway I can do that?

I am not positive on this at all and I am sorry if you have already tried this...but would it work if you changed who you voted for and resubmitted it? Otherwise, I think a moderator or admin would have to change your vote for you.

Coffee, Anyone?

I tried that, and I think it worked.
This is cause for celebration! Cheese for everyone! On second thought, cheese for no one! That could be cause for celebration if you don't like cheese!

nuuuuu, stoooooop

When I remade the poll I set it so that you can change your vote, yes. Just vote over again.
ImageImage

Coffee, Anyone?

Alright, thanks!

ZOOOOOOOM! BOING!

Phoenix is the person I'm voting for

Thanks Sabreae

俺のマグカップは小宇宙だ

10 reasons to support Phoenix Wright for President in 2008!

1. Background in Law - Phoenix Wright has what a lot of former presidents needed: a formal background in Law. Not as a government figure, but as a lawyer, learning how the system works from the layman's perspective. Just as Phoenix represents his clients as a lawyer, he will not fail in representing the people of the United States.

2. Has brought down numerous corrupt figures - He has uncovered conspiracies and cover-ups reaching as far as a head of a large corporation, a prominent prosecutor, the Chief of Prosecutors, and even the Chief of Police. He is not afraid to unravel the lies of even the highest offices. Law and Order will be restored to the country.

3. Has a strong sense of Justice - Even the most seemingly doomed of clients may well be guiltless of any crime. Phoenix will take this knowledge into the Presidency, and ensure that justice is served only upon those who are truly guilty. Which brings us to...

4. Fights for the Truth - All cases in court have only one Truth behind them, despite numerous versions of stories. Phoenix will delve deeply into examining situations in worldly politics, to ensure that only the Truth is reached. Once the Truth is found, there will no longer be a reason to search.

5. Fights for those close to him - Phoenix is a man who takes friendship very seriously. From his childhood best friend, to his childhood savior, to his present-day diminuitive plucky assistant, he will not fail to represent them and uncover the truth behind their circumstances. As President, Phoenix will extent that friendship to the entire nation, and will fight for each and every person who places their trust in him.

6. Trials and Tribulations - Phoenix has fought hard in his career, experiencing many ups and downs in pursuit of the truth. He has taken punches, blows to the head, even a taser shot. He has had guns pointed at him and at those close to him, yet he did not back down. Phoenix Wright will not back down in defense of this country, no matter what is thrown against him.

7. No criminal record! - Phoenix Wright, while having been a suspect in at least one crime, has never been proven guilty of anything other than excellence in a court of law. Being an upstanding citizen such as this is a very important quality to be sought after in a Presidential candidate.

8. Not bound by extravagances - Phoenix is a true representative of ALL the people, not just the upper crust of society like some others. He doesn't own a yacht or a limousine, he doesn't dine on caviar or drink twenty year old Chateau-Sauvignon. As a matter of fact, he barely scrapes to get by at times, much like a vast number of the American people. He knows what it's like to be a member of the working class, and he can be supportive of their needs.

9. Supports the Red, White, and Blue - Phoenix Wright is a very patriotic man. This is evident in his choice of personal attire. He proudly wears his red, white, and blue into the courtroom at each and every one of his trials. Who else can boast that?

10. Has the coolest name EVER! - This point speaks for itself. Who wouldn't want a president named Phoenix? (Not to mention the metaphorical connotations. A phoenix is a firebird which rises from the ashes of its own death. He won't have to fear being assassinated... "How do you kill that which is already dead?!")

This is just a tentative list, come up with on spur of the moment. Feel free to use any of these ideas in a more thorough list eventually, should Phoenix win. Phoenix

BTW, if it isn't obvious, I'm moving my ill-fated Godot support to Phoenix. Godot

Also, I support Miles Edgeworth as his running mate, if we're even bothering with that. The two of them have different enough views and personalities, but similar enough goals, to gain vast support from all different political sides of the spectrum.
-Graywords

I'm going with Phoenix, because anyone who has to put up with Moe, deserves being President, or something.

"What is this...?"

Phoenix, definitely. He's been the defendant not once, not twice, but three times. Besides, he's far more honest than Gant. We don't a presidential candidate that has really nasty "skeletons in the closet" do we? Sure, Phoenix is somewhat boring- that's why he needs a dynamic running mate with a "passionate heart burning red"- Odoroki, of course.
ImageFuture Edgeworth!

Phoenix, hands down.

Struck by a blunt objection

Special news!

Gant has taken Florida!

Gant : "Thanks everyone! I couldn't have done it without you!"

Damon : "Now go out and enjoy your tax cuts!"

Arutica: Attorney at NYAAH

My av should teel you. Gant.

Hug an Edgeworth today <3

GO GO NIXXI-POO! HE IS FOREVER PRESIDENT IN MY EYES! :-)
Thank you very much Deefunx for the sig ^_^

~We will become one~

Location: ~I am here, I can definitely feel you, we are here in the same sunny spot~

Phoenix obviously! We can't have an evil president.
Page 1 of 7 [ 274 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Eagle River