Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kurain (GS2)

Page 1 of 4[ 159 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Turnabout Bigtop was f***in amazing!Topic%20Title

If it doesn't fit, you must acquit!

Screw all the haters, I just finished playing it and it's probably one of my favorites out of all the PW cases. I mean come on, this one actually had emotional drama. And it all seemed so much more realistic than some of these other ridiculous cases Phoenix solves (not that I don't get totally into those as well, but a realistic case is so much more intense for me). And yeah, Moe was a bit annoying, but you gotta sympathize with em. I actually felt sad when the case finished... such a sad ending.

I actually made an account here after lurking forever and just reading topics cause I had to post this topic!
Watch him dance!
Re: Turnabout Bigtop was f***in amazing!Topic%20Title

I rerally don't know what to put here =O

It's got a good story, but some of the characters are incredibly annoying, which is what ruined it for me, cross examining the clown guy was just a pain =(

Surf's Up!

Like Mario said, the story was OK. It's just that I find Ben/Trilo/Regina/Acro annoying. Surprisingly, I found cross examining Moe was OK and Max was absolutely fabulous.

And I felt sad at the end as well (I actually cried...).

Doesn't know how to ride a bike D:

I have to agree, I kind of liked Bigtop too... But I really really couldn't stand Moe. I wish his jokes were funnier. It would have made the whole experience all the more enjoyable. I really find the whole Ben-Trilo-Quist thing clever though xD

This picture makes me feel pretty fuzzy inside:

It's a happy ending all together that way :D

Air Conditioner: Bringer of Death

I personally loved all the characters in the circus. Yes, even Moe and Ben-Trilo, they were my favorites :D

I can see where you guys are coming from with some of the annoying characters (I share these feelings), but overall, once you're done with the case you aren't thinking about that, you're thinking about the story. Sure, Moe made annoying jokes, but he was the foundation of the case (not to mention the fact that everyone most likely suspects him when they first meet him, which was an awesome move by the writers to give the story some more depth when you realize he is telling the truth the whole time).

Just think about poor Acro and Bat!

And that picture of Bat and Regina is awesome. It's such a sad story!
Watch him dance!

I wanna study YOUR beauty

I loved it myself. The characters were great, Max especially had a lot of charisma, and it had a bit of background. You got quite a scoop on Russel even though you never knew him.

I personally really liked Moe ;-; his jokes were so terrible they actually made me laugh.

Writer Awakened need Klavi avatar BADLY!

Location: In a place where Klavilami, Klavilana, and Sassyhobo run free and Klavier slowdances with Iris

2-4 was incredible. Surprisingly, a lot of heart-wrenching emotional drama, funny as hell characters, and one of the most sympathetic villains ever. And much fabulousness. Heck, everyone in the case was cool in their own way. I just wish the damn circus music didn't play so much.

I wanna study YOUR beauty

Writer Awakened wrote:
I just wish the damn circus music didn't play so much.

Oh how I second this.

But my mom dances to it, so it made me laugh some. Just imagine a 50-year old lady dancing to it and it should make you feel better. XDDD

YES. yes. I agree like, a bajillion percent. I don't care how dumb people thought it was, I absolutely love 2-3 and it's like, my favourite case ever. ahsjkhsfdfsg.

I agree. I love the way the case
Spoiler: 2-3 spoilers, just in case
had no real villain, just a lot of unfortunate people trapped in horrible circumstances.
It was really touching. Plus, I did actually quite like one of Moe's jokes:

'You know what they say, the early bird gets the worm. But then, worms lack higher brain function.'

Never mess with a kid with an agenda

I'm fond of bad guys who aren't truly evil, no one in the bigtop was really out to get anyone, it was just a series of very unlucky events... Heck, I don't even know how...oh wait hmm...
Spoiler:
How Acro would have pinned tings on Max if Regina had Gone out there, I mean she would have no reason to wear the cloak or anything, would he have picked a different patsy?

Sig links to my fanfic. MayaXPhoenix. Romance/humor. Final chapter is up.

Out of my mind, be back in - ZOMBIE!

Turnabout Big Top = One of THE most original cases OF ALL TIME! I mean, this time there was a reason why the court seemed like a three-ring-circus this time. 'Cause it involved the circus. :maya:

Plus, is it just me, or did they do a Pokemon/Digimon move here and put hints down for different couples and then didn't even tell us who would end up together? They've already shown that three people have gone ga-ga over Regina! then again, they didn't specifically say who Regina liked more... (I kinda support Max/Regina, but Bat/Regina's cute, too)

Spoiler: Just in case
And I kinda feel a little sad about Acro. He was a nice guy.
And I agree, the case did have a bit of a happy/sad ending.

So I agree. It was awesome. And Ben and Trilo made me smile (no idea why they didn't make me laugh though, they were funny!)

Hi

It's not that it was bad, I still liked it. However, whenever I try to replay JFA, I always get bored on Case 3. The rest of the cases are fine, but Case 3... it feels like a chore on replaying and it's possibly the ONLY case where I feel that way other than 1-3, but even in 1-3 there aren't times where I think "ugh, why am i doing this again?", like 2-3.

The story is great,
Spoiler:
and Acro is the only villain in the series that I actually genuinely sympathize with.
The investigation stages are, however, EXTREMELY boring. Not necessarilly too much of a problem if it didn't feel like they also went on for ages. If you've already played the case, the investigation hits hard.

Wow, I'm actually really glad I wasn't the only person in the world who loved this case. I mean, all I ever see around here is hate, so I guess it took a thread like this to find other people who really liked it. I totally agree with all of you, especially about sympathizing with Acro (I'm almost done 2-4 and I'm still feeling sorry for him).

Oh and W.i.t.c.h.e.v.!, I agree with the whole hinting towards couples point. That was one question I was waiting to get answered at the end, and it really never did.

I hope sometime in one of the sequels Regina and Bat are together and everything works out somehow. Maybe in GS5 or something. That would be awesome. :larry2:
Watch him dance!

Location: In a place where Klavilami, Klavilana, and Sassyhobo run free and Klavier slowdances with Iris

The ending was just perfect. Acro's entire testimony, and the aftermath...just awesome. Acro in general was cool. He just had so many insightful things to say, in both investigation and at trial. If I remember correctly, Edgeworth tried to get him a more lenient sentence? That's good, at least :butzthumbs:

And I thought Moe was pretty funny. I was laughing at him the whole time. :moe-laugh: At him! A ha ha ha ha ha...

I liked Big Top also.

I liked Moe because he was the most sensible of the group. I mean yeah he told bad jokes but when he was serious you kinda saw a whole different side to him.

I hated Trilo but I thought Ben was pretty okay. The fact that he's a guy with no self confidence that needs a dummy to talk for him kinda gave him a little more character.

I really liked Regina. I don't get why people hate her.

and Acro was a pretty crafty villain.

Also Max even if he was flamboyant was still ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!

All in all it was a good ride. It had it's low points like any time trilo was around, but there were many high points too.

But we all know that the real star of it all, was none other than MONEY THE MONKEY!

Oky, you're right, it was Regent, but anyway, I didn't much care for it at first, but as the show went on I warmed up to it pretty fast, it kinda grows on you.

Sushi will kill you!

At first, I loved the case. When I played it for the second time, I kind of hated it. Now I just like it :-P The thing I love the most about this case is Regina!! She's so cute! I HATE Trilo. He's so unbelievably annoying! And Bat looked cute, too :edgy:

Harumph!

You know, something about it just didn't do it for me. Maybe it was because I figured out the real motive and plan a bit before I was supposed to, but I ultimately found 2-2 a far cooler twist than 2-3.

On that same note, I love Max Galactica.
"Decree of the Prosecutor"
TriforceBun's epic composition, as performed by Actorman.

Like what you hear? Check out the Archive!

Proud member of the "Phoenix Wright - The Musical" Project.

Doesn't know how to ride a bike D:

Actorman wrote:
You know, something about it just didn't do it for me. Maybe it was because I figured out the real motive and plan a bit before I was supposed to, but I ultimately found 2-2 a far cooler twist than 2-3.

Well, I guess the same thing happened to me in 2-2. It got really frustrating because I got the twist of that case way before the game intended. I tend to jump the case when that happens. Caused me a guilty sentence more than 3 times >>;

Saori wrote:
Actorman wrote:

Well, I guess the same thing happened to me in 2-2. It got really frustrating because I got the twist of that case way before the game intended. I tend to jump the case when that happens. Caused me a guilty sentence more than 3 times >>;

The exact same thing happens to me a lot, it makes you just want to talk into the mic for Phoenix, "Here, this is exactly what happened, you see Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla.........

The entire court: ...

The real killer: .......CRAPPPPPP!!!!

YESSS wow that's probably happened on like half the cases for me so far. I always want to present the indicting peice of evidence but I can't yet. Graahrhhrhh!

And sometimes I just assume you're supposed to show evidence way before you're supposed to, without really figuring much of the story out. One example was when:
Spoiler: case 2-4
when you first get the chance to hear DeKiller's testimony about trust, I wanted to just show him the freaking camera Engarde hid to blackmail him. That would have ended the game like a good hour earlier. lolz

Watch him dance!

Another thing in regards to that...

Spoiler:
That tape would eventually be reviewed anyway right? So supposing that Nicky Boy didn't do right and got the "Bad" Ending, after seeing that video Edgeworth or von Karma could easily Present it to De Killer later right? Then he'd still be a bit miffed and in the end, not much would have changed....just an odd thought that I might turn into Fanfiction...

Anyway, back on Topic, I wonder what would have happened if you had the option to Pawn Trilo's ring...

Raw Rock Kills

Max came off to me as.... Gay, to be blunt. I mean "Are you pulling my magic wand?" Made me go O.O
chargin his legalz

--==My Art==--

Raw rock kills.

I agree this case is underated quite abit i for one enjoy it the music is good and the testimonys are challagenig also regina is cute lol and trilo is pretty cool and at the end when acro cries it just wow and the case wasnt that farfetched it was pretty interesting to me so what everyone else think of this case. also moe's jokes werent that funny
But when u do trilos testimony you dnt learn very much infact i dnt think u learn anything at all apart from the fact it could be someone else in maxs suit but in end that can be figured out wiht the need of all the tetimony so in effect u learn nothing from trilos tetimony and also max doesnt even have a motive so why they thought he was a suspect in the first place is beyond me lol
I fell very sorry for acro at the end :acro:
OBJECTION " i objection this is objectionable"

OBJECTION " i object to the witnesses talkitiveness"

Superficial Narcissist

Spoiler: 2-3
The only thing I disliked about 2-3 was that...Acro's breakdown didn't really have the same effect on me that it seemingly did on everyone else.

Perhaps it was because he was one of the coldest murderers in the series. There was no passion in the killing: he just threw the weapon down, expecting it to hit and kill a little girl who didn't even really fully grasp what she had done. It would have been far more sane of him to just talk to her about it and seriously explain how he felt.

The whole crying thing just made me want to punch him. Hard. It's always satisfying to see the worst murderers crack, and when he sort of didn't...well, it was frustrating. :acro:

Trilroy wrote:
The only thing I disliked about 2-3 was that...Acro's breakdown didn't really have the same effect on me that it seemingly did on everyone else.

Perhaps it was because he was one of the coldest murderers in the series. There was no passion in the killing: he just threw the weapon down, expecting it to hit and kill a little girl who didn't even really fully grasp what she had done. It would have been far more sane of him to just talk to her about it and seriously explain how he felt.

The whole crying thing just made me want to punch him. Hard. It's always satisfying to see the worst murderers crack, and when he sort of didn't...well, it was frustrating. :acro:

Spoiler:
I have to admit, It's kinda hard to tell how you should feel about Acro, I mean he blames her for what happened, and you're right, he knows she didn't mean it and he still wanted to murder her, this does make him pretty cold blooded. Generally, I feel Sorry for all the carnies, everything that happened there was pretty sad, and in a way, it was all Bat's fault, maybe he should have found a different way to tease Regina But one could also argue that maybe the Ringmaster could have taught his daughter some common sense, ahhh...there were some interesting people in that case

I'm on game 3 and I'm still thinking how awesome this case was. Acro was a good guy, deep down. Murderer or not, he was the victim of an inconceivable tragedy that destroyed his life and caused him to resort to this course of action.

I just want to point something out to you Trilogy. Loosing a loved one is not something easy, and you've probably never felt it as dire as a death in the family. Mind you Acro was crippled by the same incident. Now, I know this is just a game, and analyzing character emotion isn't really important, but I just wanted to say one thing; talking to someone about your feelings of a tragedy to someone you feel is responsible is impossible. It's like putting the final nail in your own coffin of depression.
Watch him dance!

Raw Rock Kills

Zeon Twilight wrote:
Trilroy wrote:

Spoiler:
I have to admit, It's kinda hard to tell how you should feel about Acro, I mean he blames her for what happened, and you're right, he knows she didn't mean it and he still wanted to murder her, this does make him pretty cold blooded. Generally, I feel Sorry for all the carnies, everything that happened there was pretty sad, and in a way, it was all Bat's fault, maybe he should have found a different way to tease Regina But one could also argue that maybe the Ringmaster could have taught his daughter some common sense, ahhh...there were some interesting people in that case

Yeah, I guess it does somewhat come down to whether or not Russel had sheltered Regina. XD I know it would've made this case nonexistant.

chargin his legalz

--==My Art==--

Raw rock kills.

Omnibus wrote:
I'm on game 3 and I'm still thinking how awesome this case was. Acro was a good guy, deep down. Murderer or not, he was the victim of an inconceivable tragedy that destroyed his life and caused him to resort to this course of action.

Sorry, but what? Did we play the same case? So what if Bat is injured beyond all repair? You think revenge is going to help and make you feel better? I don't even think Acro believed that but he went ahead with the plan anyway. He ended up killing the person that loved him and took both him and his brother in when he was down the most. He killed blindly with the foolhardy plan of tossing a bust out of the window. It could have been anyone under the window but he was a prat and threw it anyway.

His motive for murder is so weak that I can't muster up any sympathy for him. He isn't so dastardly evil like the 2-4 villain was that I can't hate him either, so Acro comes off as one of the least likeable characters in all of PW history.

You only get what you give.

Omnibus wrote:
And it all seemed so much more realistic than some of these other ridiculous cases Phoenix solves (not that I don't get totally into those as well, but a realistic case is so much more intense for me).

...Um, what? o.o I thought 2-3 was one of the most ridiculous cases in the series.

Spoiler: If you haven't finished the case, why are you on this topic?
The cape just happened to snag onto the bust at that exact angle and Moe didn't notice the rope attached to the bust/Acro taking it back into his window?

And the characters were ridiculous, too. (Ben/Trilo, Regina thinking she can marry a puppet, etc)

Not that unrealistic is a bad thing, and I didn't hate the case. Regina just ruined it for me, because I hate her with a passion hotter than Godot's coffee. x____X

Idol of Polar Bears

At first the characters annoyed me, but they grew on me after a while.

Turnabout Bigtop ftw!

Powers Fan

I felt for Acro, but at the same time, thought his actions were ridiculous. As terrible was it was, the thing with his brother was an accident and shouldn't be blamed on anyone-not even Regina. Her prank of putting pepper on the scarf was completely innocent and not unlike something any one of us might pull on a person who likewise teases us with pepper. Bat clearly wasn't sneezing, and who honestly would have expected the lion to end up sneezing? I could understand him needing someone to blame and choosing her, but she was a hopelessly innocent girl who did not even grasp the situation properly. And he was plotting to kill her. The plot was messy and, as proven, there were too many things that could go wrong. Who's to say who wouldn't try and pick up that box? We learn Ben and Moe were in the vicinity of the murder and must have seen it. And killing Regina would have devastated her father, who took in and raised Acro and Bat. It's just horrible.;-;
:agent-Smith: "You just wish you could talk in Webdings."

Come play Ghost Trick Mafia!

no not like that

Trilroy wrote:

Spoiler:
You wouldn't believe how glad I was that he didn't go all psycho. Seriously. My favorite break-down of the series. :edgy:

Bronze Samurai

I've got to say, this is my least favorite case in JFA. That said, I must also say that I still liked it.

The thing I hated about this case, is something that happened in the third case of the original game (coincidence?); the investigation phases. They were SO long! I mean, seriously! Half of the time, I had no clue where to go at all! And when I found where to go, it just ended up with me meeting either Ben/Trillo, Moe, or Regina. Couldn't there be anyone else?
Image Julia...<3
Related to NaturallyLazy, fatalfeline, JadeRoach, and Game Over!

Powers Fan

I thought the third case in the first game was amazing.>_>;

Sometimes, long investigation is just necessary. Not all cases can be solved easily. There were a fair amount of characters, too.O_O
:agent-Smith: "You just wish you could talk in Webdings."

Come play Ghost Trick Mafia!

Bronze Samurai

TheSteelSamurai wrote:
I thought the third case in the first game was amazing.>_>;

Sometimes, long investigation is just necessary. Not all cases can be solved easily. There were a fair amount of characters, too.O_O

Oh, 1-3 was fine, but it just makes me wonder, if these long investigations are unessecary, why doesn't it seem boring for other cases?
Image Julia...<3
Related to NaturallyLazy, fatalfeline, JadeRoach, and Game Over!

For people who said Acro's motive was flimsy: Exactly. That's why it's so believable. Despite what we might see otherwise, there aren't these complex premeditated murder plots to get revenge for ruined reputations. People do stupid things, things they later regret, and try to hide it, and then the guilt sets in. Acro lost his legs and watch his brother become paralyzed (he'll probably be in a vegetative state forever) and all the time since he had to watch Regina bring him his food every day, laughing and smiling and wondering "When's Bat coming back" and it had to have been like a punch to the gut for Acro to watch her, so unknowingly callous, always reminding him of the little brother he loved, who was taken away in a cruel joke. He acted out of anger, frustration, pushed to the edge for his brother's sake, driven to do something stupid, his judgment clouded as happens to the best of us. All that time he suffered for the sake of his brother, and in the end felt the weight of guilt and shame and sadness for what he did so foolishly for his brother's sake. If those aren't "mitigating factors", I don't know what is.

Also, all the hating on Acro for not having some "EPIC BREAKDOWN OMFG" is ridiculous. Oh absolutely I can relate more to the guy who chokes himself unconscious with his own scarf :beef: or rips his face apart :scratch: . :yuusaku: Acro's was a much more realistic, believable breakdown, so consistent with his calm, collected personality. :acro:

Maybe that's true, WA, but this is Phoenix Wright and we come to expect very clean motives for murder, and if they're not clean and neat at all, to have a great and grand justification for why it was done.
Spoiler: All cases in the PW series
3-5 was self-defense, but it was because he was trying to protect Maya.

1-3 was self-defense, but the whole plot of drugging Powers and stealing his suit and then throwing Cody in there as a lying witness made 1-3 awesome.

That's about all I can think of in self-defense cases; I think every other muder has a very strong motive.

And if 2-3 was all about being more realistic, they certainly shot themselves in the foot with the insane cloak-bust theory that makes 3-5 look about as realistic as 1-1.
Page 1 of 4 [ 159 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kurain (GS2)