Dr. Hotti in Japan
-
mavrick_hero
- Suspect

- Posts: 18
- Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:11 am
- Custom Title: SpriterWriter
- Location: Mavrigo
- Contact:
Dr. Hotti in Japan
Ok now I'm a little intrigued although I can infer it, I'm a bit curious. In an interview with the localization team, a member said something like "I'll let the fans figure out what Dr. Hotti said about Pearl in Japan."
Now I think the line they are referring to in the US version is "Hmm...yes maybe in a few more years..." or something like that. Anyone got what the JP version said?
Now I think the line they are referring to in the US version is "Hmm...yes maybe in a few more years..." or something like that. Anyone got what the JP version said?
[url=rphaven.org]
[/url]
-
Richard Wellington
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 301
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:11 pm
- Custom Title: I'm back and no one cares!
Re: Dr. Hotti in Japan
"Hmm...yes maybe in a few more years..." is what he said about maya
what do i is called rollplaying, i really don't think i am richard.
-
Sonictails1
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 132
- Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:17 am
- Custom Title: BLONKERS!
- Location: Canada! In the courtroom!
Re: Dr. Hotti in Japan
RW, were talking about the line, on what it really says in the Japanese version, who said it is not all that important.

-
Apeman1813
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 432
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:46 am
- Custom Title: The Missing Link
- Location: Florida, USA
Re: Dr. Hotti in Japan
I've always thought it was odd that Hotti actually said something when you presented Pearl...
-
Richard Wellington
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 301
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:11 pm
- Custom Title: I'm back and no one cares!
Re: Dr. Hotti in Japan
Apeman1813 wrote:I've always thought it was odd that Hotti actually said something when you presented Pearl...
but it wasn't about...wait it was something some a girl with a cold
what do i is called rollplaying, i really don't think i am richard.
-
Apeman1813
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 432
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:46 am
- Custom Title: The Missing Link
- Location: Florida, USA
Re: Dr. Hotti in Japan
Richard Wellington wrote:Apeman1813 wrote:I've always thought it was odd that Hotti actually said something when you presented Pearl...
but it wasn't about...wait it was something some a girl with a cold
Don't you get it? It must have been too inapropiate to US standards/morals/socials/whateveryouwanttocallit on what he said about Pearl that they had to change the text completely to him talking about another nurse.
-
jamar
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 194
- Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:21 am
- Custom Title: "What is this...?"
- Location: Shanghai, China
-
Gerkuman
- Admin

- Posts: 2504
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:02 am
- Custom Title: What is my liiiife?!?
- Location: UK
Re: Dr. Hotti in Japan
Any lolicon talk in it in the US would mean it wouldn't even be rated. Which would mean it would be impossible to get the game
-
Apeman1813
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 432
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:46 am
- Custom Title: The Missing Link
- Location: Florida, USA
Re: Dr. Hotti in Japan
Well, it was said in a localization interview with Brendan Gay that what the things Dr. Hotti said would be funny for the Japanese audience, but they probably changed it because it would be found horribly wrong for a US audience. Does anyone know what he says in Japanese? I'm really curious!
-
mavrick_hero
- Suspect

- Posts: 18
- Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:11 am
- Custom Title: SpriterWriter
- Location: Mavrigo
- Contact:
Re: Dr. Hotti in Japan
Gerkuman wrote:Any lolicon talk in it in the US would mean it wouldn't even be rated. Which would mean it would be impossible to get the game
So am I, that's why I made this thread.
[url=rphaven.org]
[/url]
-
Turnabout_Stud
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 81
- Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:41 pm
- Custom Title: Take me back to Room 215!
- Location: Ohio!
- Contact:
Re: Dr. Hotti in Japan
Yeah, didn't Moe used to be edgy? They said that in NP. That changed.
-
I-Object
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 50
- Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:59 pm
- Custom Title: I came, I saw, I left
- Location: England
Re: Dr. Hotti in Japan
Urgh! I really want to know now.
Find someone who has played it in Japanese and also speaks English! Go, go!
Thanks. :)
Find someone who has played it in Japanese and also speaks English! Go, go!
Thanks. :)
-
mavrick_hero
- Suspect

- Posts: 18
- Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:11 am
- Custom Title: SpriterWriter
- Location: Mavrigo
- Contact:
-
Brandon Strong
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 745
- Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:45 am
- Location: Wherever you least expect me to be
Re: Dr. Hotti in Japan
lol I'm expecting something really perverted 

-
Apeman1813
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 432
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:46 am
- Custom Title: The Missing Link
- Location: Florida, USA
Re: Dr. Hotti in Japan
mavrick_hero wrote:wow I wonder why no one has found stuff out yet?
Err.. maybe because we didn't say please? Can anyone please find out for us? It would be much appreciated.

-
Arutica
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 457
- Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:31 pm
- Custom Title: Arutica: Attorney at NYAAH
- Location: Halmstad, Sweden
Re: Dr. Hotti in Japan
He says "Hehe.. I'm a closet pedophile >:D"
...
Not. I'm also curious, it's gotta be pretty damn perverted if they removed it o.O
...
Not. I'm also curious, it's gotta be pretty damn perverted if they removed it o.O
-
Apeman1813
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 432
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:46 am
- Custom Title: The Missing Link
- Location: Florida, USA
Re: Dr. Hotti in Japan
Err... does anyone here have GS2 (Japan version)? Maybe some one can take pictures or scans of the text when you present Pearl to Hotti and someone else here can translate? I would do it myself, but I only got JFA (US version)...
-
Android 21 3/7
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:48 pm
- Custom Title: ROCK AND ROLL! HIGH SPEED!
- Location: Inside Edgey's closet. Shhhh! Don't tell him I'm here!
Re: Dr. Hotti in Japan
I do! I just don't know enough japanese to read it yet. And my Japanese class is over for the semester... >>... Well I know how to TYPE in japanese, but the thing is, I can't read the kanji...
My art thread!
My sprite thread! Calando in progress
Phoenix Wright and co.:Ace Mythbusters! Myth 2 finished
First AA fanfic: Childhood Turnabout (finished)
And my devart site
My billboard signature! *gets pelted with tomatoes*
My sprite thread! Calando in progress
Phoenix Wright and co.:Ace Mythbusters! Myth 2 finished
First AA fanfic: Childhood Turnabout (finished)
And my devart site
My billboard signature! *gets pelted with tomatoes*
-
Doylie-Mo
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1035
- Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:40 pm
- Custom Title: ಠ_ಠ EYES
Re: Dr. Hotti in Japan
WHOA I could totally take a picture of that screen for you folks if you like.
-
Croik
- Admin

- Posts: 5255
- Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am
- Custom Title: nuuuuu, stoooooop
- Location: America
- Contact:
Re: Dr. Hotti in Japan
If someone's got a screenshot or a save point at the clinic they can upload, I'll take a look. I just haven't had the time to play through case 2-2 just to find some pervy dialogue. 

-
Doylie-Mo
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1035
- Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:40 pm
- Custom Title: ಠ_ಠ EYES
Re: Dr. Hotti in Japan
Right, I'll play through 2-2 today if I can then and take a snap...
-
Mastermind
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 68
- Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:13 pm
-
I-Object
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 50
- Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:59 pm
- Custom Title: I came, I saw, I left
- Location: England
Re: Dr. Hotti in Japan
What does it say? What does it say?!
I can't read any of that.
Come on Croik, translate it please.
For some reason I am suddenly kind of desperate to find out hat he says. Slow news day.
I can't read any of that.
Come on Croik, translate it please.
For some reason I am suddenly kind of desperate to find out hat he says. Slow news day.
-
Apeman1813
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 432
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:46 am
- Custom Title: The Missing Link
- Location: Florida, USA
Re: Dr. Hotti in Japan
I-Object wrote:What does it say? What does it say?!
I can't read any of that.
Come on Croik, translate it please.
For some reason I am suddenly kind of desperate to find out hat he says. Slow news day.
Calm down, Croik will translate it when she can.
Thanks Mastermind for posting the pics.

-
SilverZephyr
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 999
- Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:25 am
- Custom Title: Science: It's cuter than ever
- Location: Michigan
- Contact:
Re: Dr. Hotti in Japan
...Considering that they kept in April's provocative statements and Franziska's line about whipping someone..."if you're into that kind of thing," I'm REALLY curious what on earth Hotti could have said that they edited it out o.0;
And thanks for posting the screens =)
And thanks for posting the screens =)

-
Apeman1813
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 432
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:46 am
- Custom Title: The Missing Link
- Location: Florida, USA
Re: Dr. Hotti in Japan
Now that we got the screens... I'm not sure if I really want to know now XD
Nah jk, but I am a bit scared of what might come up XD
Nah jk, but I am a bit scared of what might come up XD
-
Croik
- Admin

- Posts: 5255
- Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am
- Custom Title: nuuuuu, stoooooop
- Location: America
- Contact:
Re: Dr. Hotti in Japan
That...really is creepy O_o
Phoenix: About her...
Hotti: Hm, this one? What can I say. She's kind of...hmm. If she breaks any bones, please make sure you bring here, okay? Like if she slips and gets hurt. Yeah.
Phoeinx: ....I'm never bringing her here.
Phoenix: About her...
Hotti: Hm, this one? What can I say. She's kind of...hmm. If she breaks any bones, please make sure you bring here, okay? Like if she slips and gets hurt. Yeah.
Phoeinx: ....I'm never bringing her here.
-
Apeman1813
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 432
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:46 am
- Custom Title: The Missing Link
- Location: Florida, USA
Re: Dr. Hotti in Japan
O_O Now imagine that with his creepy grin on his face... 
pedodoctor... or pedoctor?

pedodoctor... or pedoctor?
-
Fanfare
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 201
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:09 am
- Custom Title: This is not spy
- Location: Fishtown, USA
- Contact:
Re: Dr. Hotti in Japan
... D=
That combined with the "lolsqueezethemboobies" animation...
That combined with the "lolsqueezethemboobies" animation...
-
Melaris
- Suspect

- Posts: 28
- Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:21 pm
- Custom Title: No Maya, that is SPARDA.
Re: Dr. Hotti in Japan
D:
Ewwwwww.
I never did get lolicon fetishes... D:!
Yeah I could see why that'd be changed, anyway.
Ewwwwww.
I never did get lolicon fetishes... D:!
Yeah I could see why that'd be changed, anyway.

Sig by me :D
-
Jboy
- Suspect

- Posts: 3
- Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:44 am
- Location: That French province up in the country of beavers :(
- Contact:
Re: Dr. Hotti in Japan
Prolly got it wrong, but...
この子なんですけど。
ほお。なんというか。
これはなかなか。ん。
ホネが折れたら、ゼト、
ウチにつれて来なさい。
If she breaks any boes, *something*,
please bring her to my home.
そうだな。ころんでスリむいた
ときも、かならずウチに。
He does want to bring her home if she ever breaks any bones.
Do we even have a smiley to express both sheer horror and disgust? 'Cause I feel dirty.
Edit: Wrong kanji :|
この子なんですけど。
ほお。なんというか。
これはなかなか。ん。
ホネが折れたら、ゼト、
ウチにつれて来なさい。
If she breaks any boes, *something*,
please bring her to my home.
そうだな。ころんでスリむいた
ときも、かならずウチに。
He does want to bring her home if she ever breaks any bones.
Do we even have a smiley to express both sheer horror and disgust? 'Cause I feel dirty.
Edit: Wrong kanji :|
Last edited by Jboy on Sat May 05, 2007 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
MoronSonOfBoron
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2289
- Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 8:17 pm
- Custom Title: e × e = e²
- Location: God Less America
- Contact:
-
Android 21 3/7
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:48 pm
- Custom Title: ROCK AND ROLL! HIGH SPEED!
- Location: Inside Edgey's closet. Shhhh! Don't tell him I'm here!
Re: Dr. Hotti in Japan
... In all honesty, I was expecting something worse.My art thread!
My sprite thread! Calando in progress
Phoenix Wright and co.:Ace Mythbusters! Myth 2 finished
First AA fanfic: Childhood Turnabout (finished)
And my devart site
My billboard signature! *gets pelted with tomatoes*
My sprite thread! Calando in progress
Phoenix Wright and co.:Ace Mythbusters! Myth 2 finished
First AA fanfic: Childhood Turnabout (finished)
And my devart site
My billboard signature! *gets pelted with tomatoes*
-
Orcaizer Al
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1559
- Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:24 am
- Custom Title: Built For The Kill
- Location: Massachussetts
Re: Dr. Hotti in Japan
... Shouldn't have looked into this thread.
*Shudders*
*Shudders*

I do not tolerate bullies. Good day.
-
Plastecine
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 104
- Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:04 pm
- Custom Title: Muhna muhna.
- Location: Location, Location.
Re: Dr. Hotti in Japan
Personally, I would have localized that as something along the lines of "What do you think I am, some kind of pervert?
-
SilverZephyr
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 999
- Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:25 am
- Custom Title: Science: It's cuter than ever
- Location: Michigan
- Contact:
Re: Dr. Hotti in Japan
That was much less disturbing than I was expecting it to be :/
So it was just changed because of the suggestion of loli?
So it was just changed because of the suggestion of loli?

-
TheDarkArchon
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 177
- Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:25 pm
- Custom Title: *insert something witty here*
Re: Dr. Hotti in Japan
Yah, I was also expecting something a lot more explicit as well.
-
Demonic Defense
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 294
- Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:42 pm
Re: Dr. Hotti in Japan
I was expecting
"Hmm...yes...hm...she does not look alright. Yes, bring her in for a checkup tomorrow. "titsqueeze animation*"
"Hmm...yes...hm...she does not look alright. Yes, bring her in for a checkup tomorrow. "titsqueeze animation*"
-
MoronSonOfBoron
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2289
- Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 8:17 pm
- Custom Title: e × e = e²
- Location: God Less America
- Contact:
-
Arutica
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 457
- Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:31 pm
- Custom Title: Arutica: Attorney at NYAAH
- Location: Halmstad, Sweden
Re: Dr. Hotti in Japan
Oh dear god, that was creepy o.O

Future Edgeworth!




