Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 10[ 398 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Case Maker 3Topic%20Title

So like, I was bored and stuff, so I figured I could kill the daily 10 emails a day by like making this.
I'm gonna make it from scratch and make sure it'll be easier and a lot more user friendly.
Ofcourse I won't release a full version in the beginning, they'll be betas.
At this moment I'm trying to finish the court parts before the investigation parts. Currently all the main features (characters, locations, action lines) are done, and a few action line commands are done such as "change location", "change character", etc..

Hope this post is of any help.

Last edited by MechaBowser on Thu May 01, 2008 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Case Maker 3Topic%20Title

Valant Ocelot

Great timing, I was just looking for the case maker on the forums and read about your disappearance, suddenly I saw this post.
Good luck with the project, and huh thanks . :godot:
One thing though, could you make a list of what features this version is going to have? Or at least a brief of it.
^ lolz ocelot

I'm gonna post alot in this topic keeping you guys up to date with what I've achieved so far.

16-04-16
Made the database system, including the character, location and actionline database fully functional.
Made a few functions (new location, new character) that are utterlymost important.
Made the first executeable that only consisted of a few character / background changes.

Will be doing message boxes now.

AIGE/PWLib Casemaker Developer

Good luck with it, MechaBowser. :keiko: :minuki: :franny:
PWLib 1.2 Under Development

PWLib Casemaker (Version 1.1) at http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8788

Gumshoe: Like gum on your shoe.

Oh thank god ;_;

I tried to make a case from the Prosecution's POV, but the inability to check the court record made a little problem :payne:
The knife in my trunk is for killing threads.

PWLib / AIGE developer

Miles Edgeworth wrote:
Oh thank god ;_;

I tried to make a case from the Prosecution's POV, but the inability to check the court record made a little problem :payne:

Don't get your hopes up. This one won't get finished either.

Or it'll end up in the same situation as his other case maker.

This guy has a major inability to commit himself completely to finish a project.

He's deciding to start one because it's all the rage.
If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything!
"(Not)Guilty" for PWLib | Emergency Case Selection Fixes
Case 1-1 for PWLib | Pearl

Last edited by DDRKhat on Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A temporary problem has occoured as I have forgotten my lua skills, and unfortunately, the Case Maker series runs using this scripting language. I will try to catch up on this, but it might take a little time for me to re-learn it, especially as I was going it on a more advanced level.

Anyways good news is, this engine runs on identifiers and not variables, which means that locations and characters are not limited to their name, but to their ID, allowing you to freely rename objects without any appearent damage.

DDRKhat wrote:
Don't get your hopes up. This one won't get finished either.

Or it'll end up in the same situation as his other case maker.

This guy has a major inability to commit himself completely to finish a project.

He's deciding to start one because it's all the rage.

If you do not have anything to contribute to this topic then please, do not post in it.

DDRKhat's comment was pretty hard and unfounded. Also MechaBowser is doing the casemaker in his good will, because he wants and not because he needs to.

Sometimes starting over is the best to make a better engine... :keiko: (I have some kind of experience with that)

PWLib Casemaker (Version 1.1) at http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8788

Woof!

I know MechaBowser, to some degree at least. I worked with him for a short period of time. Funny, as that was just after we were 'rivals' - as people thought. Heh. I know MechaBowser is often viewed as uncommitted, but guys - you must understand the restraints that life can bring. You must also understand that not every developer who's working for free to produce something great for you has the same level of functionality as a machine.

There are hundreds of reasons why someone may choose to stop working on a project - and there are hundreds of reasons why someone may make a comeback too. Respect that, let it be, and give him a break.

Last edited by Missile on Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PWLib / AIGE developer

KSA_Tech wrote:
DDRKhat's comment was pretty hard and unfounded. Also MechaBowser is doing the casemaker in his good will, because he wants and not because he needs to.

Sometimes starting over is the best to make a better engine... :keiko: (I have some kind of experience with that)

I never said MechaBowser had to make a case maker, it's entirely his choose, if he chooses to make it then fine by me.

I'm going more for a personal victory for the hassle that he gave me when I was beta testing for him on his 2nd case maker, which as we know was never finished because he decided he got bored.

So yeah, you're writing posts to make me seem like the bad guy.... You have no idea how much of a jerk this guy was to me.

Oh and Believe me, I know about the hardships of being a coder, I am one.
If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything!
"(Not)Guilty" for PWLib | Emergency Case Selection Fixes
Case 1-1 for PWLib | Pearl

Woof!

:objection:

DDRKhat, are you a psychologist? Do you know why he wants to continue making this case maker? More importantly, do you think the majority of users care? What evidence is there of him wanting to do it for personal victory? I haven't seen any. Thinking someone "got bored" is a typical conclusion. Sure, you're a coder, but projects like this one have a lot of expectations.

I'm not trying to make you sound like the bad guy. I'm pointing out the fact that you're being inconsiderate. It's not every day that you see someone doing good things for free. MechaBowser has the opportunity to provide that, and he'd feel much more able if you gave him some form of support.

This is all going out of topic.

Facts are that there's a new case maker on it's way, and there's no-one wanting that ever to be cancelled, on any sides.

As for the reason this is being remade is because I bet I could make it even better with the skills I've learned since Case Maker 2. Better have a cherries-only tree than one with both apples and cherries.

And all the accusations have to stop, really.

I hope for the best for this project.

It is better to have 3 versions and the last one is a breeze to add functionality than only one that is a pain to add anything. It is really boring when you see some code and realize "oh, if I had done THAT in the beginning, now it was going to be soooo easy!".

As well it is a pain when someone just fires rockets at you and doesn't support your project.

WHEEE! Working on Turnabout Puppy!

Will Case Maker 3 be easier to use? I'm having loads of trouble with the 2nd Case Maker even after looking at the Help page.

A fad in a castle

Ah, MechaBowser's case makers. I've heard of this. Well I wish you good luck and a welcome back.
ImageImageImage

The kind of judge you can trust

The more case maker projects, the better. Thanks, Mecha. Hopefully this one gets finished this time :)

Official Chinami Fan

I understand where DDRKhat is coming from. I was here the last time we had a MB related kefuffle. Harsh words were exchanged, assumptions were made, and random wiki pages were linked to (something about viruses and Wario Ware). But still all of that is in the past, and if MB wishes to contribute to the case maker competition, then so be it. ^^

I look forward to seeing what you come up with MB.
Props to Clicky for the avatar! =3

Lazy Programmer

Good to see a comeback to your case maker, Mechabowser. So you are planning to make a case maker from scratch? Your previous case maker was astounding. Seeing you making a new case maker is more amazing as well.

Anyways, don't forget that your last case maker you made can present items in court and investigation. However, it has a weird interface and it needs a lot of personal coding. With your new casemaker, I guess everything will just be drag and drop.

Goodman is cooler.

Oh, awesome! Welcome back MechaBowser. I was just about to start a new case with Mikkar's Goodman sprites that I recently animated (poorly).

Question time.

Is there any chance that we will be able to add stuff like presenting evidence during the cross-examination?

How about being able to view the court record without closing out of the game afterwords?

Save feature?

Engine-wise, can you add the "End chat" as a separate button? I'm kind of tired of going through the entire chat thing just to click "End chat".

Can there be a "Simplified" mode and an "Advanced" mode? The simplified mode can be the new "drag 'n' drop" stuff (as theorized in the above post) and the advanced mode can be the old style.

Sorry for so many questions! I just had some stuff on me mind.
Formerly known as zellthemedic!
Sig and avatar thanks to Leeling793! Go visit her art thread, now!

Heres a silly, hopeless, stupid question: ...Macs?

@Tech Luva: Yes, I've simplified it alot so that even first-time users will be making their first case with a breeze.

@8mapz: All these bugs you are talking about from CM2 appear to be bugs, and therefore won't be included in CM3. CM3 will support personal interfaces, meaning you can costumize your own personal Court Records.

@Bruce Goodman
Quote:
Is there any chance that we will be able to add stuff like presenting evidence during the cross-examination?

Yes, obviously these were missing features in CM2, but I'll gradually add them as I progress.

Quote:
How about being able to view the court record without closing out of the game afterwords?

This was a bug in CM2 and it will fully work in CM3

Quote:
Save feature?

As a matter of fact, this is a feature I've been doing a lot of thinking about, and I've invented a system that could be made into the CM3, which will allow the user to save. Yes it will contain a save feature.

Quote:
Engine-wise, can you add the "End chat" as a separate button? I'm kind of tired of going through the entire chat thing just to click "End chat".

You mean the "End message"? Yes, as I'm trying to simplify the interface in CM3, the "end message" button will be somewhat easy to get in the near of.

Quote:
Can there be a "Simplified" mode and an "Advanced" mode? The simplified mode can be the new "drag 'n' drop" stuff (as theorized in the above post) and the advanced mode can be the old style.

There won't be any advanced mode as the entire thing is pretty much as simple as it gets. About the drag 'n drop thing, then I'm not sure it will be implended. However, CM3 will feature a .cm3 file type that will allow you to pack and unpack characters, locations and even entire cases that can be easily shared between persons. Say, if you were too lazy to code all Phoenix's info, then you could download a Phoenix.cm3 (or something) and load it into CM3. CM3 would then add all the info to your case. Simple as that.

@Brandon Strong: Most likely, no. If I'd make it work with Mac I'd have to reorganize the entire thing when finished to work with the Mac standards. I'd better use my time on more features rather than doing than. But this subject has been giving me a lot of thoughts, though.

what is Case Maker 3 made in? you could always get someone else to port it to Mac for you once it's complete. I'd be more than willing if it's made in something I have experience in

Goodman is cooler.

MechaBowser wrote:
<el snip>

Awesome, thanks! Sorry I had so many questions. :P

That *.cm3 idea sounds very, very cool. But half the fun was adding in your own characters! :odoroki:

Bruce Goodman wrote:
That *.cm3 idea sounds very, very cool. But half the fun was adding in your own characters! :odoroki:

You can still do that.

@Zachary Hinchliffe: It's made in Multimedia Fusion 2, which at native doesn't support Macs.

Anyways, update.

I've made the Court it's own "special" location instead of it being 4 locations (left, middle, right and Judge). This will allow for a simplier way to code the Court actionlines aswell as keep the location the same, and having special conditions while at court.

What is my liiiife?!?

I guessed you'd be back. XD

Well, good luck on the project. :) You've already come up with a pretty good system before, so this one should hopefully be even better. There IS a lot more competition going on though, but that should hopefully help rather than hinder you. ^_^

A.K.A Very Melon

Go for it, Mechabowser! :b33r:
Spoiler: StepMania vids

I may or may not be here.

YES!
I'm trying to make something in CM2 right now and having a few problems.
Is it alright if I toss out some ideas for the new version?

One I had is a way to set the sprite speed in the CM. That way I can use one sprite to cover a bunch of speeds.
And if you have the action lines again is there a way you could make them editable without having to redo the line?
And maybe a test loader so you can test your case out without making an executable.

That's about all. I'm loving CM2 right now though! And glad to see that you are back on this! Good luck!
ImageImage

Video Game Veteran / M.U.G.E.N.

Wait wait hold it!

MB IS STILL ALIVE??????? o_O

Although seeing as what happened last time, I still have to go with another case maker, like this one.

Now with Glasses!

Mechabowser! It's great to see you are motivated to start this project.
Also, do you think Psyche Locks could be possible with this? Or would they be impossible?
Back, check out LOZ AA.

Goodman is cooler.

Donald Serrot wrote:
One I had is a way to set the sprite speed in the CM. That way I can use one sprite to cover a bunch of speeds.

That's the question I forgot about!

Lazy Programmer

Bruce Goodman wrote:
Donald Serrot wrote:

That's the question I forgot about!

If you set the sprite character in the sceneries folder rather than the character folder, you can set the speed of the sprite from 1 to 99.

though, I haven't tested this (and not interested to test it out), if you set the text speed 8, will the characters frame run faster? or if you set the text speed in 1, will the character frames run slower? Either way, those are all off topic since they are from case maker 2. I hope case maker 3 will run out on all of these issues.

Donald Serrot wrote:
YES!

You can set the default sprite speed in CM3, and through actionlines you can change them at runtime.
Donald Serrot wrote:
And if you have the action lines again is there a way you could make them editable without having to redo the line?

Ofcourse! This is a must that I forgot about in CM2.
Donald Serrot wrote:
And maybe a test loader so you can test your case out without making an executable.

I'm thinking about making a "test current action list" function, along with "test current episode".

@Klavice Gavin: Eventually, yes. But Pysche Locks are not on top of my list.

A.K.A Very Melon

I think it would be very useful, if it can be done, if there was something like "End Animation" function with sprites like Klavier playing guitar, so they would end when animation ends. That way Phoenix would slap the table only one time instead of ten.

Steel Samurai wrote:
I think it would be very useful, if it can be done, if there was something like "End Animation" function with sprites like Klavier playing guitar, so they would end when animation ends. That way Phoenix would slap the table only one time instead of ten.

That's already possible in CM2, simply put a "wait x" after the animation change, and time it to wait until the animation ends.

A.K.A Very Melon

MechaBowser wrote:
Steel Samurai wrote:

That's already possible in CM2, simply put a "wait x" after the animation change, and time it to wait until the animation ends.

Hmm, haven't noticed that. Such a long time I last operated with CM2, love it :edgy:

I think, in cross-examinations, you could put a variable to each statement and then "if x=1, execute the "Wrong evidence"actionlist" and "if x=0 execute the "Continue"actionlist". Something like that, if every evidence has it's own variable.

Just suggesting, I've been using Game Maker so that just popped to my head. :sadshoe:

Steel Samurai wrote:
I think, in cross-examinations, you could put a variable to each statement and then "if x=1, execute the "Wrong evidence"actionlist" and "if x=0 execute the "Continue"actionlist". Something like that, if every evidence has it's own variable.

That's how it worked in CM2 aswell, and I think I'm going to keep it that way too. Except that instead of "x", there will be a "evidence" variable.

A.K.A Very Melon

MechaBowser wrote:
Steel Samurai wrote:

That's how it worked in CM2 aswell, and I think I'm going to keep it that way too. Except that instead of "x", there will be a "evidence" variable.

:coffee: *Penalized*

I may or may not be here.

I can't wait to actually get my hands on this!
Can you give us a rough guess as to when a beta will be available?
I may not be a programmer but I can let you know if I find something that doesn't work! Anything to help this project!
ImageImage

I'll make sure to release this really early, so that people can get the interface down before the advance functions arrive.

But it'll still probably be a while.
Page 1 of 10 [ 398 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games