Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 1 of 1[ 40 posts ]

I think pw1/Gs1 's composer should compose for gs5Topic%20Title

..........bark?

Location: Paris, France (yeah i'm a frenchie, get over it... ^^)

I really would like it if Sugimori Masakazu came back, kill whoever did the soundtrack for JFA, and take his rightfull place as the true gyakuten saiban composer. I would also like to know why he quit, or was forced to, in the first place.
Objection your honor ! Capcom is FAR to slow in the making of Gyakuten saiban 5 !
Re: I think pw1/Gs1 's composer should compose for gs5Topic%20Title

Magical isn't it?

If you check, EVERY GS game has a different composer.

Oh and: JFA's music was nice, especially the reminiscence themes. Give Akemi more credit.
Retired from the RP Section

Superficial Narcissist

Most of GS1's soundtrack was only average. :gregory:

Magical isn't it?

Turnabout Sisters Ballade - Instant Classic (Loved it from the moment I heard it.)

DL-6 Case - OVERDID IT ALITTLE I mean that was just horrid because you heard every like minute or so.

Reminiscence Themes - DL-6 is in it's one class, which is why it's not here. But the first reminiscence themes were good, but I prefer JFA's or T&T's.

Court Themes (Examination, Court, Cornered, etc.) - Again, classics that I will always treasure, especially the Cornered theme.

Rise From The Ashes - Swimming Anyone was probably the best next to Blue Badger, but of course, I love Ema's theme more. YAY TURNABOUT SISTERS!!!

I just have to say this, I think GS1 is the most overrated soundtrack in the history of all soundtracks. The Objection theme is the only track that sounds better than the other versions. I prefer the remininces, character themes, and court suites of the other three sound tracks.

Seriously, GS3 is full of so much win it's not even funny - Tigre, Mask DeMasque, Godot, Dahlia Hawthorne - absolutely amazing. Great Revival Franziska and Great Revival Miles come into second place. Then I would rank Jake Marshall, Damon Gant, and Ema Skye afterwards.

I liked GS3 and Apollo Justice soundtracks the most to be honest. The objection themes in those games were really great. I don't think the first game's music was ALL THAT. It was really nice... but there are other good ones. JFA's music wasn't the most superior in the Ace Attorney games, but still ear candy to me.

mad_chiwa wrote:
I really would like it if Sugimori Masakazu came back, kill whoever did the soundtrack for JFA, and take his rightfull place as the true gyakuten saiban composer. I would also like to know why he quit, or was forced to, in the first place.
Whoa now. JFA's music may not have been as likable, but it still had pretty darn good music that actually fit the situation. I thought the trial music actually sounded like it was perfect for a courtroom and everything. And of course there are some awesome Reminiscence pieces and others like Hotline of Fate or Search Core 2002.

Now as for GS5, can't guarantee who it'll be for that but it could be another different composer along with some arrangements from the past soundtracks. No doubt they'll probably keep "Suspense" in again.

Surf's Up!

I want who ever did T&T's soundtrack to have a go at GS5's soundtrack (I can't remember who it was, but his name starts with a N).

Do you smell what the Jacques is cookin?

In my opinion, the best soundtrack for a game would have Sugimori Masakazu doing all the courtroom music, then Noriyuki Iwadare doing everything else. I found JFA's soundtrack to be the least interesting, the courtroom song were just too boring if you me.

I'd love to see Yoko Shimomura (Kingdom Hearts / Mario RPG) or Yuka Tsujiyoko (Fire Emblem) try their hands at a GS game though. :)

Superficial Narcissist

Personally, if we had to take one of the old musicians again, I'd just go with Toshihiko Horiyama.
I'd like to see Yuzo Koshiro do the soundtrack for one of the games, though. :shoe:

It's funny though...Every 'Search Core' song is extremely overplayed in the following game..

Writer Awakened need Klavi avatar BADLY!

Location: In a place where Klavilami, Klavilana, and Sassyhobo run free and Klavier slowdances with Iris

mad_chiwa wrote:

FAIL.

JFA has the best soundtrack, if you ask me. We're probably nostalgic since we heard the first game's music first so we have an affinity for it. But JFA had some of the best tracks in the series: Great Revival, Pearl's theme, De Killer's Theme, the entire court suite (especially Objection/Cornered), Elegy of Police Cameras, Steel Samurai's Ballad, Search Core 2002, etc.

Do you smell what the Jacques is cookin?

Writer Awakened wrote:
the entire court suite (especially Objection/Cornered)

Gotta disagree completely tbh. I found the court themes in JFA to be the worst, they were just sort of...boring. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Magical isn't it?

Although, I think Akemi did do a fabulous job on most of the themes, (The Cornered is my ringtone now.) ut here's how I envision a truly wonderful game:

Noriyuki for the Court Themes

Akemi for the Reminiscence themes

and Sugimori for the character themes

Hiroki Kikuta must do it. HIROKI KIKUTA MUST DO IT.

HIROKI KIKUTA MUST DO IT!

Goodman is cooler.

Magical Trick Society! They rocked in CADENZA. They would be freaking awesome for GS5 music.

Magical isn't it?

They were nice for remixes, but I can't see it for the games.

D'Sesheel

Who did the Soundtrack for Rise from the Ashes? I know Masakazu did the original game soundtrack but didn't Kimura remix all the DS games (and seeing how RFTA was only in the DS game...)?

Getting back to GS5- I really liked Iwadare's soundtrack (gs3) because of all the subtle stuff in it (like Distant Traces of Beauty and Dark Fragrance of Coffee being the same theme). Also The Bitter Taste of Truth is the best Reminiscence theme in the series.

Whatever they decide to do, I just hope they continue to use search core 2001 because that theme is awesome.

Personally, I'd love to see (well, hear) a soundtrack by Yuka Tsujiyoko (Fire Emblem, Paper Mario 2).

All is not as it appears.

Seether wrote:
In my opinion, the best soundtrack for a game would have Sugimori Masakazu doing all the courtroom music, then Noriyuki Iwadare doing everything else. I found JFA's soundtrack to be the least interesting, the courtroom song were just too boring if you me.

A Sugimori and Noriyuki team-up would be absolutely epic. Even though I'm a bit more of a Noriyuki fan myself, I really admire Sugimori's work as well, especially the Turnabout Sisters theme and Swimming Anyone?. But I wouldn't want either of them to be "locked out" of any sort of musical option. Something tells me that letting those two work their magic without restrictions would bring about the best possibile soundtrack~

JFA's soundtrack, in my opion, just didn't fit. While I did enjoy the Inform The Truth and Berry Big Circus theme, the rest of the music didn't work for me. It was good, and I enjoyed listening to it, but none of it put me in that perfect mood. GS3, however, hit the nail on the head every time.

Mr.Twister

JFA's Cornered Was Enjoyable For Me..
But I Like Noriyuki Iwadare's Music...Fragrance Of The Dark Coffee,The Bitter Taste Of Truth,Hazy Scenery From The Bridge Wins..Haha
Image[/URL]

Bronze Samurai

Whoa....Distant Traces of Beauty and Fragrance of Dark Coffee do sound a little alike! OMG!

Anywho, the guy who did the stuff for GS3 should do it.
Image Julia...<3
Related to NaturallyLazy, fatalfeline, JadeRoach, and Game Over!

I would love to hear some more by Noriyuki Iwadare - they've done the best character themes and BGMs I think. But if they're getting a different composer, hmm... Masaharu Iwata or Kimihiro Abe would be great to have on board. They did the Odin Sphere game soundtrack and that has some fantastic battle themes and BGMs. I think they'd be able to come up with some great courtroom music and character themes between them. Or Motoi Sakuraba (Eternal Sonata) - her songs are so, very, pretty *_*

I was pleasantly surprised by Toshihiko Horiyama's stuff - he does sneak in a good BGM or character theme here and there. But the courtroom music was phail and I'm only transcribing it under duress ><; I hope they do get somebody different in for GS5.

Magical isn't it?

Just in case:

GS1/AA Composer: Sugimori Masakazu

GS2/JFA Composer: Akemi Kimura

GS3/TaT Composer: Noriyuki Iwadare

GS4/AJ Composers: Toshihiko Horiyama, Shu Takumi, Hideki Okugawa

Anyway, If they have a different composer, then perhaps Yuki (KH & KH2) should do it.

Bronze Samurai

Iwadare plz
Image Julia...<3

D'Sesheel

Ayasato-chan wrote:
Just in case:

GS1/AA Composer: Sugimori Masakazu

GS2/JFA Composer: Akemi Kimura

GS3/TaT Composer: Noriyuki Iwadare

GS4/AJ Composers: Toshihiko Horiyama, Shu Takumi, Hideki Okugawa

Anyway, If they have a different composer, then perhaps Yuki (KH & KH2) should do it.

Do you know who did the soundtrack for Rise from the Ashes? I ask this because Akemi Kimura did the DS remixes of all the soundtracks and since RFTA was only in the DS version of the game I was under the impression that it couldn't have been Sugimori Masakazu.

Magical isn't it?

True enough, I guess they gave Sugimori credit for one reason or another.

Haruhi MY LOVE

I do not mind at least the music is good.

HARUHI!!!!!!!

Boost

Ringman wrote:
Do you know who did the soundtrack for Rise from the Ashes? I ask this because Akemi Kimura did the DS remixes of all the soundtracks and since RFTA was only in the DS version of the game I was under the impression that it couldn't have been Sugimori Masakazu.

It's Akemi Kimura according to the credits for the last case (also, "Swimming, anyone?" was already in JFA).

Like A Rolling Stone...

Well, I prefer the GS3 and GS1 Soundtracks, but I still love the soundtrack from GS2 and I like the GS4 one. But, it's my opinion, Ok? Q_Q.

Bronze Samurai

Zetanon wrote:
Ringman wrote:

It's Akemi Kimura according to the credits for the last case (also, "Swimming, anyone?" was already in JFA).

...Where? I must find it.
Image Julia...<3

They call me Bogard. Terry Bogard.

You know, I'd love to have Yuzo Koshiro to do the OST for GS5. Just to put a bit of pressure on the player to get things done RIGHT.
Image Father of XDGummyDX

Boost

Phoenix_Apollo wrote:
Zetanon wrote:

It appears now and then around Edgeworth.

D'Sesheel

Zetanon wrote:
Phoenix_Apollo wrote:
Zetanon wrote:

It appears now and then around Edgeworth.

Swimming is Gant's theme. I think you're getting it confused with Great Revival: Miles Edgeworth.

Let's Brawl: 4940-5319-8013

I liked all the music in all the games.
I think that the first OST is a classic, obviously, but you've got to make room for the others aswell.
Each one is good in different ways.
How boring would it be if there was no variety? :)
Image Edgey wants to be a Poke'mon master!

..........bark?

I have a even better idea: Harry gregson ! Metal gear turnabout ! Ok I'll shut up now.
Objection your honor ! Capcom is FAR to slow in the making of Gyakuten saiban 5 !

Ace

i totally agree OBJECTION to the composer for JFA. i really didnt like JFA's soundtrack at all. bring the composer back!

Strong bonds are what leads us to Justice!

..........bark?

Hey y'all ! It's been a while, glad to see my login still works. I recently got a 3DS, and I'm playing GS5 for the first time, I'm curently playing the cosmic turnabout. I would like to add that I changed my opinion after all these years, and I actually love all the series soundtrack, even if I still prefer the first. What do you guys think of the Dual Destinies soundtrack ? I think it's good, and I got chills when Appollo's theme played for the first time, last time I heard it, I posted on this forum frequently, it brought back great memories :)

Happy Maria

It has some really good tracks,but is overshadowed by a lot of mediocre and boring ones. The investigation themes especially.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Agreed. Dual Destinies had a very mediocre Core theme, but Spirit of Justice came along and blew it away.

DD -> Let's get down to investigatin'!
SoJ -> My God... What the hell's going on here?
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Happy Maria

I was actually more talking about the beginning theme,but yeah,you're right. The core sounds a bit....disjointed,I feel.
Page 1 of 1 [ 40 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps