Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 5 of 7[ 274 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Re: Phoenix Wright: Hobo or HOBO? *Spoilers*Topic%20Title

BLARG

I like him better as a hobo

next game, im calling it right here: you play as apollo, phoenix is your walking partner, and you defend trucy.

trucy is the new maya, after all

EDIT: that scenario is just for one of the cases, of course

nah in GS5 Phoenix should return with that afro he has up in the banner and wearing bellbottom pants and he should talk in slang like saying "groovy" a lot

True love is forever.

More pics!
Spoiler: Saving Space
And this has to be the cutest father and daughter pic on the planet. Look at Trucy and the kitty! And of course Phoenix watching them like the proud daddy that he is. :)

Source for all pics here
Proud Supporter of Phoenix/Iris, Ron/Dessie, Klavier/Ema, and Apollo/Vera
Fanfics Updated-12/25

True love is forever.

Sorry to double post, but I found a few more pretty pictures of Phoenix on a couple different sites.

Fanfics Updated-12/25

machinimator

EDIT: Sorry for not reading the first post; I just sort of felt my comments didn't exactly warrant their own thread.
I'm gone for so long, and the colors got all psychedelic! Woohoo!

Last edited by Katana on Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

True love is forever.

@ Katana
Mia_Fey wrote:
So this is a thread for discussing love for the Phoenix we see in this game (no character bashing please).

I quoted the first post of this thread for a reason and it's because you are ignoring the purpose of this thread which is very inconsiderate to others. You are welcome to dislike anything you wish to dislike, but this thread was started for talking about what we like about Phoenix. If you didn't much like Phoenix in this game, then there are plenty of threads available for talking about that but this is the wrong place. It's the first post that lays out the point of the thread, so please read them before posting in the future.
Fanfics Updated-12/25

Polly ~~~~~

The Phoenix in GS4 is really different from the previous 3 but he's still very cool :hobohodo: , only if he didn't wear that hat he would be cooler lol
The new pictures is really great , love the father and daughter pic , if only there was Apollo in it :sadshoe:

CUTENESS !!

>__<

As long as it's Phoenix, even if he's wearing the pink sweater with the big red heart in front, even if he has coffee dripping down his face, I still like him <333 I think the hobo hat looks good on him XD Better than Godot's coffee! But i really wanted to see the condition of his hair in GS 4 >__< wonder if it still looks the same XD
異議あり!Phoenix - Maya <3

You wont get sympathy from him!

PhoenixApollo wrote:
The Phoenix in GS4 is really different from the previous 3 but he's still very cool :hobohodo: , only if he didn't wear that hat he would be cooler lol

I know, I was waiting for him to take off his hat and shout an awesome objection!
But, miricle never happen, :sadshoe:

Polly ~~~~~

klavi. G wrote:
PhoenixApollo wrote:

I know, I was waiting for him to take off his hat and shout an awesome objection!
But, miricle never happen, :sadshoe:

Well we can only hope that the next game will reveal his hair behind that hat :phoenix: I think it is not that spikey hair anymore ..... well just my thoughts :D

CUTENESS !!

True love is forever.

PhoenixApollo wrote:
Well we can only hope that the next game will reveal his hair behind that hat :phoenix: I think it is not that spikey hair anymore ..... well just my thoughts :D

His hair is still spiky. Not only does he mention that his hair style is naturally occurring in the third game, but if you take a close look at his sprites in the fourth game and focus on the back of his head where the hat stops, you can see his spiky hair sticking out. :hobohodo:
Fanfics Updated-12/25

True love is forever.

Sorry to double post, but I bring more pics so hopefully that makes things all better. :)
Spoiler:
Source: http://kirazu.crap.jp/
This little comic made me laugh. Poor Phoenix. We all have to face our past at some point. :P I really wish this had happened although I suppose it couldn't have without connecting it directly to the third game. Oh well. I'll just imagine it.
Source: http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/sekitizu/topbr1.htm

Fanfics Updated-12/25

PhoenixApollo wrote:
Well we can only hope that the next game will reveal his hair behind that hat :phoenix: I think it is not that spikey hair anymore

The concept art shows the hair spikes more clearly.
http://www.court-records.net/arts/gs4guidebook/03-naruhodou03.jpg
http://www.court-records.net/arts/gs4guidebook/03-naruhodou04.jpg
I imagine he's cut it shorter so it actually fits under the hat, more like his hair in 3-1. [Though one doujinshi I read had him bandaging the spikes down to make them fit under the hat.]
Hmm. Maybe that jagged part is his spikes under the hat too:

Nonetheless, I hope he loses the hat. I miss his hair!
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

Affection!

I love the AJ Phoenix, he's awesome. :D
I totally love that hat thingy with his über-special awesome smilie-button camera. :P
Still the same old...me.
I Am The Night, Colour Me Black.

True love is forever.

icer wrote:
The concept art shows the hair spikes more clearly.
http://www.court-records.net/arts/gs4guidebook/03-naruhodou03.jpg
http://www.court-records.net/arts/gs4guidebook/03-naruhodou04.jpg
I imagine he's cut it shorter so it actually fits under the hat, more like his hair in 3-1. [Though one doujinshi I read had him bandaging the spikes down to make them fit under the hat.]
Hmm. Maybe that jagged part is his spikes under the hat too:

Nonetheless, I hope he loses the hat. I miss his hair!

The concept art does show his hair well. :) Also, if you really look closely at his sprites, his hair is definitely sticking out so it's clearly pretty spiky still. And agreed on the last point.
Fanfics Updated-12/25

♥Sara L. Wright♥

I don't hate the new Phoenix...it's just...I found it really hard to accept what happenned to him..I mean..I "fell in love"(not real love of course, duh) with him because he was so sharp, so clean, so...I don't know...I was kind of mad at first, I mean, how could they do that to him, the hero? But I guess I will just get used to it. It was just so unfair...even if in the end, justice was done, I'm still having trouble accepting it all.

I miss his hair and his stubble-free, adorable face!
♥Feenie 4 ever!♥

Hobo Phoenix is cool :D I like how he had the beanie, but managed to keep his hair the same way. Though I was really hoping to get a glimpse of his hair again...

Phoenix has changed so much throughout his years. University Phoenix and Hobo Phoenix are so different

True love is forever.

Just some pretty art.
Spoiler:

Source here
Fanfics Updated-12/25

One K, one R, two V's. Gawd.

Awesome awesome awesome
I'll definitely be going through this later :D
ImageImageImageImage
Married to Don- Mom to Obby, Wassa, Gavinner, and someone whose name starts with a C... :P
Comics Updated August 13th

Waiting for Blend #187 to cool.

I think :hobohodo: is great. He's badass, and is really cool and collected.
And that stubble is great. It makes him look all cool, y'know?
The first time is saw his "serious" sprite, I was like WTH? It shows the more darker side of him.
But anyways, yeah, he's great!
:sassy: Hooray for marquee's! :sassy:

True love is forever.

Pics are fun. I don't think I've posted these yet, but if I have then I apologize. They're pretty in any case.

Source here
Fanfics Updated-12/25

True love is forever.

I'm sorry for doubling posting, but I across some nice pictures of Phoenix while searching fanart sites and couldn't resist posting them. I hope you guys don't mind...
Spoiler:
Source here
Not strictly any one character, but very pretty. :)
Source here
Aren't they a cute family? :)
Source here

Fanfics Updated-12/25

eight bit goddess

YES. There is not enough Young!Trucy artwork out there. They're the most adorable family ever.

I love Hobohodo. I still miss the young Nick but how they made his character progress seems to fit quite well.

Also, shameless self-promotion
Spoiler:

True love is forever.

That's gorgeous, neuroticfairy! Seriously incredible work. Do you have an art thread on the forum? I'd love to see some of your other stuff.

Anyway, I can't draw at all, but here's some art from people who can. :)
Spoiler:

Fanfics Updated-12/25

Polly ~~~~~

Mia_Fey wrote:
That's gorgeous, neuroticfairy! Seriously incredible work. Do you have an art thread on the forum? I'd love to see some of your other stuff.

Anyway, I can't draw at all, but here's some art from people who can. :)

OH just great , I like the last and second-to-last pics :gant: :gant: Just adorable :hobohodo:
Gonna post a few pics , too but gotta go now

CUTENESS !!

Judge Hobohodo

Well, he's probably the best fake pianist I've ever seen, that's for sure. As for hobo, he appears to have a house, and I have no doubt that he takes some money out of Apollo's profits.
Judge Hobohodo - Every Sunday, 9.00pm GMT - Only on Gatewater 4.

Gotta love that last pic.
Sadly, my sekrit intarweb searching device is not capable of searching good pictures. NEEDS MOAR.
Also my drawings are not good at all. I still have a very long way to go. Thus, I shall try practicing on :hobohodo:

True love is forever.

A few more pretty pics. :)
Spoiler:

Fanfics Updated-12/25

Polly ~~~~~

Naruhodou-san wrote:
Well, he's probably the best fake pianist I've ever seen, that's for sure. As for hobo, he appears to have a house, and I have no doubt that he takes some money out of Apollo's profits.

Before Apollo appears , Trucy probably pay the bills too , but I guess hes got monay from his real job at Borsch Bowl Club :will: But I guess taking a little from Polly won't hurt him much :hobohodo: He needs to be sneaky sometimes hehehe

CUTENESS !!

Defend til the End!

Naruhodou-san wrote:

Wait, Apollo has profits?!!
I'm fairly certain that inbetween the poker gigs, Phoenix got by by doing random odd jobs for people. Why else would Trucy call their agency the 'Wright Everything Agency'? He's a man of unknown talents. But I digress.

I really liked the change in Phoenix's character. It would have been easy for Capcom to just make him an 'Older character from the first game who gives you hints' character we've seen in a frillion other games and movies, but instead they completely changed his life, and let his personality change as such. He's evolved from the standard hero-type character into a guy who's experienced far more in life than his old role would have allowed him. He's faced some true darkness in his life, (far more than just what he'd feel about losing a trial) but he's managed to keep his head up, and make a comfortable life for him and his daughter. He's not the hero anymore, but he can still try to be happy with what he has. That's a lesson we can all take home.

Spoiler:
And who doesn't love the fact that Phoenix put in all that work to actually change the legal system? Seriously, of all the people in this series to call bullshit on the rather unfair legal system, who thought the guy who's been following it faithfully for so long would be the one to do it? If he hadn't been disbarred, it would hard to believe he would have the balls to stand up and do something about it.

I hope they give Phoenix a bit more good luck in GS5. He's earned it.

Set made by Bolt_Storm. Shanks.

SPOILERS (most certainly) for the whole game, primarily 4-1 and 4-4.

Being a heavy Phoenix fan, I was one of the naysayers who feared that Phoenix's role would be unfairly inconclusive. I won't deny - I absolutely adored his role. It didn't overwhelm Apollo (we can argue about this elsewhere if you like :D ), it gave us a perspective of what people thought of him, and recognised him for what he was.

What I admired most was how respectfully his character was approached by the writers. They knew what they had built in Phoenix's character; the three games focused on developing and expressing his personality weren't suddenly overlooked carelessly or selfishly. He ended up co-operating equally with the progression of the game, really.

I can say what I like for how they set Phoenix up to accept a new protagonist, but what I got from Apollo Justice was a team effort (friendly AND helpful assistant, prosecutor who wants the truth, Phoenix in the back), where everyone has an important role in saving the day. Some people argue that Phoenix does too much, but I honestly didn't get that impression - believe me, if he wanted to get the Not Guilty alone for 4-1, 4-2 and 4-3 then he would have instead of just

Quote:
I really liked the change in Phoenix's character. It would have been easy for Capcom to just make him an 'Older character from the first game who gives you hints' character we've seen in a frillion other games and movies, but instead they completely changed his life, and let his personality change as such. He's evolved from the standard hero-type character into a guy who's experienced far more in life than his old role would have allowed him. He's faced some true darkness in his life, (far more than just what he'd feel about losing a trial) but he's managed to keep his head up, and make a comfortable life for him and his daughter. He's not the hero anymore, but he can still try to be happy with what he has. That's a lesson we can all take home.

This is close to the truth, but one of the major things about him that I noticed is that he still wants to carry on the legal fight. We see plenty of this in Turnabout Trump - the Judge himself comments on how Phoenix was practically born for the court. Yet at the same time we see how he passes on the torch to Apollo by helping him solve the puzzles, more than willing to just steer justice (and Justice) in the right direction. It's also for this reason why I can feel horrible that he lost his badge - his three games felt like they were about helping him stand so tall he can literally turn a hurricane about (as 4-4's flashback case helps remind us), and all of a sudden he's told he can't even do that. He deserves better than that, surely! :(

I'm most interested in his role in the future games though - if they're like his parts in 4-3 or 4-2 with additional flare for the big dramatic case (yeah, the fourth), then I'll be pretty content. If they suddenly decide to anticlimactically make him a case's victim anywhere along the way then I'm going to have a field day assembling the pitchforks and anti-Capcom posters.

*Wishes he wasn't tired at the time of posting, so he could have made a better post*

I like Hobo-Nick. He should stop using that hat though, i miss his spiky hair. I really like him a lot more now than in the previous games.

Well I finally did the sprite edit of him without the hat.
Spoiler: pic
Oh. Man. Hot.
He doesn't look that different really, which is part of why they made him wear the hat, I assume. Other reason because he lost his lawyer identity or something? It was kind of his signature [and he seemed pretty attached to his hair, hehe]

LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

The truth's in THERE, not out THERE.

icer wrote:
Oh. Man. Hot.
He doesn't look that different really, which is part of why they made him wear the hat, I assume. Other reason because he lost his lawyer identity or something? It was kind of his signature [and he seemed pretty attached to his hair, hehe]

Does anybody else reckon that he always drew a picture of his spiky hair with his signature? Maybe as the dot of the 'i's in Phoenix Wright.
Reunion of Lawyers Writer - Case 3 (Turnabout Twins)
Mah Sprites

True love is forever.

I come bearing pictures. :)

Source here
Fanfics Updated-12/25

One K, one R, two V's. Gawd.

icer wrote:
Oh. Man. Hot.

Cooly!
Only thing is there's shadows over his eyes from the hat still.
ImageImageImageImage
Married to Don- Mom to Obby, Wassa, Gavinner, and someone whose name starts with a C... :P
Comics Updated August 13th

True love is forever.

Pictures are good. :)

Spoiler:

Source here
Fanfics Updated-12/25

I like elbow patches...

I like Hobo-Nick, In fact playing the first three again after GS4 I'm finding I appreciate his humour more, I don't think he's a jerk at all just says more rather then just thinking it

Also he's a lot easier to make from clay as his hair is a pain in the ass to model and make look vaguely decent

I'm currently making clay models of the characters, check out my fanart thread which i would link here if i knew how........oh and I will take requests or ideas at least
Page 5 of 7 [ 274 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)