Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 35 posts ]

Every contest deserves another!?Topic%20Title

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Because we here at CR adore our contests, let's have another!

Wooster and I are happy to announce Court Records' first ever "Design A Banner" contest!

The rules are very simple: design a banner for use on CR's main site and/or forum. Anyone can enter, and the winning design will be featured as CR's new banner for at least a month (longer if nothing new comes out). I'm afraid we can't offer you more than props as a reward so soon after the OC contest, but we're looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with. It's all just in good fun.

There will be two categories, Site Banner and Forum Banner. Everyone can enter one or both, and you can enter as many times as you like. You can use any of the official art found on this site or elsewhere, or something you've made yourself. Do NOT use fanart created by someone else. They can be funny, dramatic, or anything in between as long as they're Ace Attorney.

Entries to the Site Banner category should be no larger than 440x360 pixels, and can be in .jpg, .bmp, .png, .gif, or .psd format. If you do something animated it shouldn't be more than 3 or 4 frames (like Apollo Travolta).

Entries to the Forum Banner category are a bit more complicated. Wooster likes to make the banner sizable to all monitors and resolutions, so we'll need you to either submit your entry as a .psd file, or else send us the design along with all the pieces you used so that it can be recreated. If you want to have something peek out underneath (like Sparda Lisa and Godot) just make a note :D. Not including those peekies forum banners should be less than 225 pixels tall.

Entries will be due August 10th (one month from now) at the normal CR email, and Wooster and I will pick the entry we think is best suited for the site. Pretty simple, really!

Good luck and have fun!
ImageImage
Re: Every contest deserves another!?Topic%20Title

A fad in a castle

Good luck everyone.

I'd enter, but I'm just too busy and idealess.
ImageImageImage

TIME FOR SCIENTIFIC... illustration?

Wow, it didn't occur to me actually how complicated the forum header was, nor did I ever realize that the owl's speech bubble wasn't supposed to be covering Wicked Witch Wendy. (I'm a devout Opera user, so I always have to have my panels out, yesss).

Designing a banner for the forum side of things... man, that's some tough design to think about. :meekins:

Hershel Layton: Ace Professor currently in Pre-Production!
Also, I make sprites.

HA! TAKE THAT, HILARY CLINTON!

lol yay i love you croik >w< yay >w< sounds so fun TVT*pulls out sketchbook*
though i'm not sure how much space to leave for the words in the forum banner section...very not sure about the size ORZ

nuuuuu, stoooooop

jeti wrote:
Wow, it didn't occur to me actually how complicated the forum header was, nor did I ever realize that the owl's speech bubble wasn't supposed to be covering Wicked Witch Wendy. (I'm a devout Opera user, so I always have to have my panels out, yesss).

Designing a banner for the forum side of things... man, that's some tough design to think about. :meekins:

Wooster is a man who works many wonders! CR is luckyy to have him <3

But I've also had a few people offer to design graphics for the site in the past, so why not open things up? I'd love to see what people have to offer :D
ImageImage

Dang...that'd be some serious bragging rights to the winner. Good luck to everybody-there are some majorly talented graphics artists here, so the results ought to be pretty spiffy. :D
(Goes off to work on her own submission)
Image Image Image Image Image
"Last daughter of your royal house/ Go I, his prisoner, because I honoured/ Those things to which honour truly belongs." Antigone, Antigone.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

=D Thanks Croik. The feeling's the same. *Throws a bowl of Mashed Potatoes mixed with milk, and covered in gravy*

The forum header is easier to think about if you divide it into background, and three foreground items (Center, Left, and Right). Naturally, you don't have to use all those elements. Redesigning the logo and the guilty count is also do-able.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Ralvor?

That's great news. Starting today I have holidays, but tommorow I'll allready leave for two weeks :godot: Mine are allready finished... Even when I'm not so convinced about my photoshop skills I hope they won't make the worst place :hotti:

Thanks to Vickinator for creating this awesome signature and avatar for me! Link to her thread: Click on my signature! :Keko-hands:
Lunaria42 wrote:
I had a computer literacy brain fart on that one.

Quote of the Year 2008!

A.K.A. Court or Court-Records.

Sounds fun.I won't be able to post anything fancy,but i might have a crack at it.
:phoenix: Phoenix: And it should be all about me!
Me: Oh shut up Phoenix.
(You know you've lost it when you talk to Game Characters.^^)
Best of luck to everyone,looking forward to seeing what people put togeather!!!!

操纵距离程度的能力

Just one question: will we see the full list when the contest has finished?
You can call me whatever you want:3

All is not as it appears.

Awesome, I've been waiting for this for a while now. Now to stop being such a lurker and actually participate in something for a change!

By the way, if we have more than one entry, should we submit them all in one e-mail or should they be seperate?

EDIT: Also, there are no width restrictions for the forum banner, right?

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Pepper's Ghost wrote:
Awesome, I've been waiting for this for a while now. Now to stop being such a lurker and actually participate in something for a change!

By the way, if we have more than one entry, should we submit them all in one e-mail or should they be seperate?

EDIT: Also, there are no width restrictions for the forum banner, right?

That's right, the forum banner is very forgiving in terms of width... =P Just stay away from 'obnoxiously wide' and we're all set to go.

Love, learn, live.

I'm on it! *salutes*

Can we use the site's sprites??

Deputy of Self-Esteem

MikeMeekinsFan wrote:
I'm on it! *salutes*

Can we use the site's sprites??

You can, just remember that the Official Art, in general, carries more weight. Though remember, you're not limited to what we carry on the site. If you're an artist and you've made something/want to make something you can incorporate that into the logo(s).

this is the final cut

I totally know what I'm doing.

This is gonna be fuuun. =]

A quick question for a passing judge/admin, to clear something up.
Are all the pieces of art in the GS4 section of "Official Art" (that aren't blatently marked spoilers) free to use in the Site Banner contest? Specifically, this one of Hobohodo pointing? I was a bit confused about this, because although the picture isn't marked as a spoiler on the Official Art page, the sprite of the same motion is only on his spoiler sprite page.
Image Image Image Image Image
"Last daughter of your royal house/ Go I, his prisoner, because I honoured/ Those things to which honour truly belongs." Antigone, Antigone.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

That image is still considered a spoiler. Though... I've been thinking of calling off the AJ spoiler ban soon, now that it's been several months. I think that image in particular is okay.

For the contest, not around the fourm just yet. :I
ImageImage

The best damn attorney you'll ever know

Is the deadline August 10th? I wasnt quite sure :/

Mwahahahaha... I know you too well...

Deviant art I have barely any watchers so some people actually looking at my stuff would be nice.

Love, learn, live.

Alcotholic wrote:
Is the deadline August 10th? I wasnt quite sure :/

Yep, she just posted that. Make sure to read over again before asking next time. :)

Welp, I submitted mine, but now I'm nervous! :O

same here

I hope i do well.^^
A.K.A. not get last place.
:redd:

Chess wrote:
same here

I hope i do well.^^
A.K.A. not get last place.
:redd:

Well, I just submitted mine and I hope, just as you do, that I wont get last, but they'll be looking at (possibly) almost a hundred other submissions so the chances are kinda slim, but not too bad

Deviant art I have barely any watchers so some people actually looking at my stuff would be nice.

Love, learn, live.

Well, you should be happy that you were even able to enter. And may the best artist win. I'm not too skilled with editing, so I might not make it far.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Don't sell yourselves short just yet. When I checked in with Croik the day the contest was announced, at the time she had two submissions, and neither were banners for the site or forum.

O_o Go figure.

Wooster wrote:
Don't sell yourselves short just yet. When I checked in with Croik the day the contest was announced, at the time she had two submissions, and neither were banners for the site or forum.

O_o Go figure.

heh... I forgot to add in my forum name when I submitted mine... I am a very forgetful person :payne:

Love, learn, live.

Just trying to get attention maybe?

Lol.

2 that were neither?
What?!

Anyways i didn't add my forum name,but i didn't need to.Only if i get selected will i tell.I think Wooster and Croik already know though.I'm the person who send in like 7 banners for the main site.XD

Love, learn, live.

SEVEN?! I only sent in one! :beef: That's over kill XD. Now I'm sure to lose! XP

Well yeah 7ish.I had a bunch of ideas for banners.Very stressed during that time though.
But seriously.

14 year old kid+Lots of time+Banner Contest=Many Banners.
simple math.^^

Ready to RAWK!?

It's strange, for the OC Contest, I couldn't help but feel a sense of hatred for the event. For the T&T Contest, I felt a sense of hatred for participating, yet for this one...

... I STILL FEEL A SENSE OF HATRED!

I don't know why I feel angry about this idea, it is simply begging for my entry, me being a CR-Forums Tributist who has been making countless images lately (Seriously, I have no idea how many images I've made), but yet somehow, I still feel angry at this particular idea... Maybe it's because I don't believe I have the necessary abilities to have my entry noticed by the admins (Yet I also know that they know that if they didn't reply to my submission, they would be haunted by me for eternity, :karma:), maybe I just doubt that I have a CHANCE... I don't really know.

After The Doctor's image of "The BBC" in Men-In-Black format, I've had nothing but doubt in my own abilities as an image editor and creator... Sad... pathetic, actually, on my part, but it's the truth.
Image Image Image Image
Posted by Request.
Sig by Elriel. Avatar taken from a YouTube video of Rawk Hawk's Theme.
Sig changed on December 08, 2008. Avatar changed on December 14, 2008.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

You're angry because... you want to enter but don't think you're good enough? I have no idea what you mean.
ImageImage

Ready to RAWK!?

Croik wrote:
You're angry because... you want to enter but don't think you're good enough? I have no idea what you mean.

That's blunt, but yes.

I don't think my entries would even be considered as "possiblilities", let alone Quality Work.

For this reason, yes, I am quite upset... it's nothing personal! It's just... well, each time there's a contest, my morale tends to be brought down from the amazing quality of work that the members of the CR Forums show!

It's selfish, I know, maybe even childish... but I've said it before: "The quality of work I see from others tells me just how much talent lies on this board!"... Talent that I never think I could ever become close to having... And so, I take it out on the closest thing of relevance, that being, the contest itself...

I don't know why, really, I only know that I do it, and everything else is purely to be considered as an "excuse"...

I'd think that after all the work I've done on tributes in the past, that I'd be able to produce VERY good work by now... You, Croik, were also the only Administrator who gave me a fully-made sprite to use for my tribute... for that, I'm grateful, but whenever I pass a deadline or get a negative comment (Not Constructuve Criticism) I feel I fail the forum members' expectations... which has lead me away from submitting my entry ideas.

... Okay, I better stop before I start selfishly ranting.
Image Image Image Image
Posted by Request.

I'd say

Wrestlemania, read your Signature and keep practicing, everyone who wants to evolve has to practice every now and then.

Ready to RAWK!?

Ceres wrote:
Wrestlemania, read your Signature and keep practicing, everyone who wants to evolve has to practice every now and then.

Oh! I ALWAYS practice! In between Logical and Lyrical Boosts with Song Edits, Humour and Creativity Boosts with the Ganticizations and Gavinizations, and Morale Boosts with my CR Forums Tribute Images (Which was one of my ideas: Use ALL the OCs we at CR Forums have to make a giant Banner), I honestly can say that I spend very small amounts of time doing anything else other than talk about CR, and plan my next images and songs.
Image Image Image Image
Posted by Request.

The world calls it love

Can I just vote to return Apollo Travolta? :moe:

I'm looking forward to seeing what kinds of images and themes our forumers come up with. Wooster has already obsolete'd the graphical work I'd done on the forums back in the day so maybe someone will get the chance to show him up for a change. :franny: *isn't at all bitter*

Wrestlemania wrote:
Croik wrote:

That's blunt, but yes.

I don't think my entries would even be considered as "possiblilities", let alone Quality Work.

For this reason, yes, I am quite upset... it's nothing personal! It's just... well, each time there's a contest, my morale tends to be brought down from the amazing quality of work that the members of the CR Forums show!

It's selfish, I know, maybe even childish... but I've said it before: "The quality of work I see from others tells me just how much talent lies on this board!"... Talent that I never think I could ever become close to having... And so, I take it out on the closest thing of relevance, that being, the contest itself...

I don't know why, really, I only know that I do it, and everything else is purely to be considered as an "excuse"...

I'd think that after all the work I've done on tributes in the past, that I'd be able to produce VERY good work by now... You, Croik, were also the only Administrator who gave me a fully-made sprite to use for my tribute... for that, I'm grateful, but whenever I pass a deadline or get a negative comment (Not Constructuve Criticism) I feel I fail the forum members' expectations... which has lead me away from submitting my entry ideas.

... Okay, I better stop before I start selfishly ranting.

I have been making signatures and some other graphical work for a lot of forums from like two years ago, and your art still amazes me every time I see it. Don't let you down, because you're really good at this. There's always someone better than one, but that shouldn't stop anyone for trying their best. If you don't win, well, at least you had a good time making whatever you wanted to submit and who knows, maybe even learnt how to do something you had never thought off, or figured out how to get that effect you never seemed to get right. We're always learning, and that's the only way to get better. I know now's too late for submitting anything, but I just read this and I wanted to say that to you.
Page 1 of 1 [ 35 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes