Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 1 of 33[ 1297 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next

Jacques Portman: Sporty or SPORTY?Topic%20Title

Well, there's a thread for Key Girl, so here's a thread for that other guy.

So. Makoto Yuuki. What do we know about him? For starters, we know that he's a prosecutor. He thinks of himself as Edgeworth's rival, as evidenced by his gay ass outfit. He's also a sports buff, which helps him in court. Somehow.

His name will probably be localized as something dumb like "Bob Sledd" or "Lance Lacrosse" or "Hugo Tennisballs". Personally, I'm gunning for Hugo Tennisballs, and that's what I'm going to call him until his official localized name is revealed.

And as little as we actually know about him, I'm really excited about this character. I kinda hope that he ends up being a douche with a heart of gold... like Klavier, only interesting.

Your thoughts?

EDIT: Wooster is an awesome guy who rips art from websites using some sort of computer magic.

Last edited by Kartoon Kween on Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
Re: Makoto Yuuki: Sporty or SPORTY?Topic%20Title

I thought his design was really strange when I first saw him. XD I know I'll grow to love him, eventally.

Does anyone know what his Japanese name means or if it has a pun?

And lol @ Hugo Tennisballs. XDDD
My CR family~ Mother: Naturally Lazy//Father: Phoenix_Apollo//Brothers: JadeRoach and Game Over

Last edited by fatalfeline on Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

He looks sort of like a guy I dated in high school. The hair and the face, anyway, he was not a sports enthusiast who wore a douchey outfit.

Master of sharp things!

He doesn't seem all that bad, as far as AA-series designs go. I can even imagine him with a sports-themed gimmick during his prosecuting, like taking out a tennis racket and serving fastballs to the face of the opposition or something.

e × e = e²

If Miles Edgeworth is the King of Prosecutors, Yuuki Makoto is the Prince of Tennis.
ImageImageImageImageImage

操纵距离程度的能力

The first time I saw him, I thought a character who came from Tennis Prince traveled crossed universe and make an appearance in GK...seriously.

Edit:

MoronSonOfBoron wrote:
If Miles Edgeworth is the King of Prosecutors, Yuuki Makoto is the Prince of Tennis.

Just saw that. :redd:
You can call me whatever you want:3

1000% Knight

I still don't get how your rival is going to be a prosecutor when you are a prosecutor yourself ._.

Spoiler: 3-5
Unless Edgy becomes a defense attorney again, but then the title wouldn't make any sense :yuusaku:

Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

#1 DBZ fan.

Hmm,when I first saw him,I thought he was a girl xD Anyway,we know he's a (GAY) prosecutor but,...I dunno...I just hate him and I don't want to know about him. :l
Image Gumshoe X Franziska 4Ever

+ Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/SaiyanTanuki

Surf's Up!

He reminds me of Sportacus from Lazy Town...not that I watch that kind of thing, mind you.

And how come everyone refers to him as gay? Surely, wearing a tracksuit doesn't immediately mean that he's gay, does it?[

fatalfeline wrote:
Does anyone know what his Japanese name is or if it has a pun?

I'd guess that his Japanese name is.....Makoto Yuuki (Sounds pretty japanese to me) :nick:

PCHOOO

Actually, I think there's a good chance that he's our first murderer. (Or at least a suspect.)

Can anyone figure out why? :godot:

Hahahahaha! Thank you Vickinator!

NinjaMonkey wrote:
fatalfeline wrote:
Does anyone know what his Japanese name is or if it has a pun?

I'd guess that his Japanese name is.....Makoto Yuuki (Sounds pretty japanese to me) :nick:

I'm pretty sure NinjaMonkey meant "What does his Japanese name mean in English? Is it a pun in Japanese?" :-D

And personally, I'm not excited. At all. Probably because I hate sports so much, not to mention the concept of preppy rich people who think they're better than everyone else really annoys me. :nick:

Oh, and I'm not looking forward to there being Yuuki-Edgeworth shippers. :beef:

As for the first murderer/suspect thing, I don't think so, but I could definitely be wrong! :O

Thank you to the awesome Vickinator for my signature! She is the best!

>_> Yeah, that's what I meant. *edits*
My CR family~ Mother: Naturally Lazy//Father: Phoenix_Apollo//Brothers: JadeRoach and Game Over

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Regy Rusty wrote:
Actually, I think there's a good chance that he's our first murderer. (Or at least a suspect.)

Can anyone figure out why? :godot:

Spoiler: Character Analysis
Because he's got Horn hair and a Dracula collar? Because he looks like Enguard? Or because traditionally a villain has been among the first OA release characters?

As far as my thoughts on the character, I really like his description, an athlete does sound like a very interesting character. But I can't take his design seriously. He's obviously designed to be gender neutral if you look only at his face. His wardrobe needs major help. Ironed permanent press pants and a tennis polo shirt? So, he's an athlete that can't run for fear of wrinkling his pants. And Pink? It might not be nearly as obnoxious if was wearing his white coat instead of slinging it over his shoulder. (I'm sure it's a coat and not a towel, you can see the sleeve).

But overall, the major vibe I'm getting from this character is gender ambiguity.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

PCHOOO

Actually it's because of two things.

First, he clearly is one of the two shadowy figures in the screens on the first page (You can see his hair even). And we all know shadowy unidentified figures talking = murder scene.

And second, because Edgeworth seems to be interrogating him in the screens on the second page. My theory is that the first case is fairly short and takes place ONLY in Edgey's office.

操纵距离程度的能力

Bad Player wrote:
I still don't get how your rival is going to be a prosecutor when you are a prosecutor yourself ._.

Spoiler: 3-5
Unless Edgy becomes a defense attorney again, but then the title wouldn't make any sense :yuusaku:

On one of the scanning pages, there is a screen shot in which Makoto is telling his "deduction", so it seems that there will be competitions between him and Edgey,and If Edgey's HP(sort of) bar get empty, Makoto will take over the case (or something like that...).
You can call me whatever you want:3

nuuuuu, stoooooop

"Makoto" means "truth" and "Yuuki" means "bravery." The generic-ness, it's overwhelming...!

But seriously, a pink-wearing prosecutor with a "dazzling smile" (as the article puts it) who calls himself Edgeworth's rival and probably works out at the gym a lot? I know you shouldn't fall to stereotypes, but... yeah, slash is on the way.

Right now I'm thinking he's gonna be the first murderer. In the opening cinema screenshot pictured in the article, it looks like he's the one saying, "That's what a prosecutor's job is." If he has anything less than the noblest intentions Edgeworth is gonna have to smack him upside the head with the 2-4 speech as smackdown, thus starting the game off on a "No, THIS is what a prosecutor's job is!" note.

Though I do like Tuesday's idea that the lifebar is actually a "Don't screw up or you're off the case" bar.
ImageImage

I'll ship who I want to :D

Dude, I'm already slashing............

Edgeworth/Makoto, anyone? Hahah!! Ohhh, I need to get my tablet out and start doodling

Otaku, #1 Machi fan, #2 Machi Fan

Isn't Makoto Vera's Japanese name too?

Ha, a fantopic for someone we don't even know about. As I mentioned, he looks like a cross between The Prince (TWEWY) and Matt Engarde (JFA) for me. But yeah, can already sense Mitsuoto
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOGANT

I feel violated... and crispy...

I'm thinking Makoto Yuuki might be a red herring as a murderer.

He seems a likeable, if not annoyingly amiable, guy. But we have that screenshot of him in the dark, talking to another silhouette. Perhaps we're meant to think he's a murderer (especially if they're setting him up to be Edgey's new "friend" sort of like what Kristoph was to Phoenix) just for them to pull an "lolpsyche!" on us last minute and reveal the true murderer.

Maybe that's the source of their rivalry. "OMG! You tried to get me convicted of murder before. We are TOTALLY rivals now. I'll show you how to find the right guy on the FIRST try. Also, TENNIS!"
I know who Apollo's real father is, and I have evidence...
Spriters needed for fanmade GS5! It's gonna be BIG!

My OTP of OTP's. <3

Haha. For some reason, I want to see him challenge Edgey to a round of tennis. XD

PouchedRat wrote:

Edgeworth/Makoto, anyone? Hahah!! Ohhh, I need to get my tablet out and start doodling

...I want to see this. XD
Thanks to .•°٭blinq٭°•. for the lovely sig. ♥
"Note to Self: Don't get in crouton's way when it comes to Edgeworth. She WILL bite." - PhoenixFire

nuuuuu, stoooooop

If you assume the game takes place post GS3, then Klavier is already in the district as well. He and Makoto butting heads already sounds hilarious to me.

"Hey Klav, you wanna hit some balls over on the court!?"

"...No."
ImageImage

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Croik wrote:
If you assume the game takes place post GS3, then Klavier is already in the district as well. He and Makoto butting heads already sounds hilarious to me.

"...No."

XD Wow, I'm really not much for innuendo, but even I have to admit that was funny.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Moving on up!

Croik wrote:

"...No."

PouchedRat wrote:

I'm very surprised these have not ended up as kink meme requests already. I guess we'll have to wait until more info about the characters before people really start shipping them. I guess Phoenix now has a rival that can give him a run for his money. Come on, who would object to two prosecutors dating?

Does the article give Mokoto's age? Is there a translastion of the article available? Or is the gist provided in the other topic all the important stuff? My curiousity cannot be sated.
Thanks to Blinq for the awesome sig. Click the sig, see my stuff.
Edgeworth/Maya Community. A friends, as lovers, as part of OT3s. All Welcome.
"Yeah, I wouldn't go asking random guys if you can lick their penor." crouton December 2009

The only reason why I haven't drawn /34/ for this guy already is because I've been too busy with school work. Needless to say, I am already slashing him with Edgeworth for the lulz. It's definitely one sided on Hugo's part, though.

"Hey, brah. You know, I've always thought of you as my greatest rival."

"Well, that's very special. Especially considering the fact that I've never seen you before in my life."

"So, you wanna go out for some jagger bombs? Maybe play a little foosball..."

"Get out of my office."

I'll ship who I want to :D

Spoiler: FOR THE LULZ!! just a sketch, but lulz

HAHAH He's probably not a tennis player but you people make me think of Prince of Tennis, and yeah.

Oh crud I forgot Klavier would be around as well at this point of time. Wow, our prosecutors are certainly something else aren't they?!

PouchedRat, that picture is awesome.

See, this is exactly why his name needs to be Hugo Tennisballs.

Even though I'm pretty sure that he plays badminton. He looks like a badminton kind of guy.

crouton wrote:
Haha. For some reason, I want to see him challenge Edgey to a round of tennis. XD

It should be like the tennis game between L and Light in Death Note, where it represents the battle of wits between the two.

Salutation Here wrote:
crouton wrote:

It should be like the tennis game between L and Light in Death Note, where it represents the battle of wits between the two.

I want to see this concept done with foosball.

Kartoon Kween wrote:

Even though I'm pretty sure that he plays badminton. He looks like a badminton kind of guy.

Add 'shuttlecock' innuendo here.

Personally I'd prefer it if he played Ping Pong/Table Top Tennis.

Prosecutor Pong has an amusingly goofy ring to it (though it doesn't beat Bob Sledd or Hugo.)

You know, I take back what I said earlier. As a prosecutor, he probably plays goodminton instead.

My OTP of OTP's. <3

PouchedRat wrote:
Spoiler: FOR THE LULZ!! just a sketch, but lulz
HAHAH He's probably not a tennis player but you people make me think of Prince of Tennis, and yeah.

That picture is FREAKING AWESOME. XD I love, love, LOVE it! ^_^

PouchedRat wrote:
Oh crud I forgot Klavier would be around as well at this point of time. Wow, our prosecutors are certainly something else aren't they?!

...Prosecutor 3-way anyone? XD

Kartoon Kween wrote:
The only reason why I haven't drawn /34/ for this guy already is because I've been too busy with school work. Needless to say, I am already slashing him with Edgeworth for the lulz. It's definitely one sided on Hugo's part, though.

You must draw it... DO EET! XD
Thanks to .•°٭blinq٭°•. for the lovely sig. ♥
"Note to Self: Don't get in crouton's way when it comes to Edgeworth. She WILL bite." - PhoenixFire

call me crazy

His name (Makoto Yuuki) means "valor/courageous truth".

I don't know if he's a direct hit/reference to a Prince of Tennis character (since the male seiyuus in the series majorly came from TeniPuri), but he really does strike me as a badminton/tennis person.

In fact the words in his name meaning are used directly in the lyrics of this one TeniPuri Musical song who's title can't seem to pass by me... D:

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Watatata~! wrote:
In fact the words in his name meaning are used directly in the lyrics of this one TeniPuri Musical song who's title can't seem to pass by me... D:

The words "truth" and "courage" are used in a lot of things >.>

I didn't bother trying to directly translate the entire article, because all the very important information is up on the site. But here's the blurb about Makoto:

"A skilled prosecutor with a dazzling smile. In court, his weapon is his reflexes, which he has honed through sports. Apparently he views fellow High Prosecutor Edgeworth as a rival."

In the Cinema scene screenshots it looks like he's one saying, "Didn't I tell you before? That's what a prosecutor's job is."

In the screenshot with Edgeworth he's introducing himself, so it's possible the first case is also the first time he and Edgeworth meet.

On the second page he tells Edgeworth, "As a fellow prosecutor, let me tell you my opinion."

Aaaaand that's it. Doesn't mention his age or anything else.
ImageImage

True Love~

Wow... that guy is just so gay. If only because of his outfit, he's GAY.

And maybe it's just me... but does anyone see a Phoenix resemblence in him? I mean, spikey hair (though differently sp), looks fairly confident (though probably much more confident than Phoenix), actually a similar face? Maybe they wanted the Phoenix/Edgeworth slashers to shut up and they replaced Phoenix with him.

All I know is people are going to slash them. No question. I might, but... I don't know. Mr. Tennis doesn't seem to be my kind of guy. (maybe because I think he's going to be another cocky bastard...?)

We'll see.

Oh, and Kartoon: That picture is full of win. No question. XD

SharpCookies wrote:
Oh, and Kartoon: That picture is full of win. No question. XD

Which picture? The one that PouchedRat drew? I myself was partial to the tennis racket/neck action. Ohhh, baby.

True Love~

...*is an idiot*

Yeah, I meant PouchedRat. XD God, I'm so dumb. Pouched Rat, YOUR picture was full of win. Not Kartoons non-existent one. XD

Moving on up!

Croik wrote:
Apparently he views fellow High Prosecutor Edgeworth as a rival."

Does that mean all prosecutors in the GS universe are High Prosecutors? Edgeworth, the von Karmas, Gavin I can see as 'high prosecutors.' Payne on the other the hand. I mean, I know he has been there a long time, but he is such a wimp.
Thanks to Blinq for the awesome sig. Click the sig, see my stuff.
Edgeworth/Maya Community. A friends, as lovers, as part of OT3s. All Welcome.
"Yeah, I wouldn't go asking random guys if you can lick their penor." crouton December 2009

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Hugo Tennisballs is enough for a whole topic.

A fad in a castle

Wow. Hugo Tennisballs....

His smile and pink shirt is enough to convince me that he's gay. >_> Sometimes I keep thinking that he's a girl.
ImageImageImage
Page 1 of 33 [ 1297 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby