Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Sho shimasu:Ace attorney (progress update)Topic%20Title

Just another day.

Banner made by Vicinator

Main Characters
Spoiler:
Cast so far
Sho Shimasu
(generally sho can mean multiple while Shimasu defenses :D)
Bio: sho was born with grey and red eye's
as a result he was picked on for it though over the years thanks to his quiet and uncaring attitude people started to believe he was a punk. later in life he was almost convinced for attempted murder but thanks to Gale lancer he was acquitted of charges.
Personality:(before the crime) Pessimistic,uncaring,usually doesn't talk to people
(after) Optimistic, serious but generally easy going, a bit more used to talking but still not often.

Dave Crow
(sho often calls him Mr.crow) (also why i chose crow...strangely enough i found out in Japanese crows make the sound Aho which means Idiot which i though well hes very smart and others around him are not nearly as so so xD)
Bio:when sho was young his mother passed away From disease and crow was a friend of his fathers who inevitably took him in as a kid (his father has been missing since before he was born)
back in his day he was considered a genius at what he did.
Personality:calm,acts strangely,but gets serious when he has any sort of puzzle (in his case usually crimes...he really likes puzzles)

Gale Lancer
Bio:not really well known before the case,he was the person who defended sho in court when he was convicted for attempted murder. he was found dead 2 months after the trial no one was convicted for his murder and sho only found out about it a year later after he took the bar exam.
Personality: abit clumsy and carefree (still works hard during a cases for his client though)

James Holmes
Bio:a lover of history...often saying famous quotes. back in London during his first Investigation as a detective he worked hard to find all the evidence he could and prove many facts in this case which would put a man on the courtroom...this man however was proven innocent in court by a well known defense attorney unfortunately the prosecutor was new to the courtroom and worse another man was convicted for the crime...worse it would be a month later when the same man proven innocent was caught with a bloody knife in hand killing his next victim.
the police looked back into the previous case finding he was indeed the killer of this case as well...but by then the man convicted had already been killed in prison...james both saddened and disgusted with how this tuned out decided he would become a prosecutor to ensure a situation like this would never occur while he was on a case like this again.
Personality: Serious and although easily bored and as such always is looking for a challenge
and hates defeat of any kind.

lilly Tsukino
Bio:eldest daughter of the strongest ninja in the clan her father gets a new target to kill (guess who) but thanks to lack of experience doesn't kill sho but strangely enough the pearl she had on her reacted near sho...which she ends up believing sho may be the ancestor of another clan that once gave this pearl to her clan as a gift and decides to stay (and not kill sho) to discover the truth on this matter.
Personality:carefree,kind,very hot headed when she doesn't understand something...also oblivious to much of the technologies and such (do to living in the mountains)

Keiko Tsukino
Bio:the youngest daughter (lillys sister) of the strongest ninja in the clan. beginning her training at young age, she constantly worked very hard in order to please her father as well as the other clan members. she is seen as a child prodigy...back then she hated lilly much for the way she was and all the special treatment she got...though a certain event would change what she originally thought of her sister.
(would be a spoiler to say what happened)
Personality:serious,knowledgeable,quick to learn (listens to what her sis says even knowing it is likely wrong xD) because she really trusts her sis.

Barret Greyson
Bio:Back when he was younger he was your typical high school punk getting into trouble, picking fights, Ect., even tried to pick a fight with sho afew times
(people had sometimes percieve him to be a punk as well...though sho never fought or anything like that) one day walking around with his usual punk routine he got into a fight...unfortunately he picked a fight with the wrong guy...he had buddys with him. he and afew others would badly mess up berret.
nobody else was around at the time except sho who was unfortunately passing by, ending with them both on the ground beaten up. barret was frightened but sho managed to calm him down after sho used afew tricks david crow taught him to get them out of this situation. barret decided from that day forward to clean up his act and try to help those he could...though he still had a bit of an anger issue...later would become a police officer and work his way to detective.
Personality: (Hes kinda like gumshoe only more easily angered)

Andrew carson
Age 21
Bio:At a young age his mother and father divorced he would go with his father while his brother went with his mother. his father was a well known photographer and would teach him much about photography...andrew himself would become well known...working to a point of exaustion at times...but he has and continues to enjoy it to this day.
Personality: Serious, Persistent, overachieving (usually works with little sleep)

Judge
(well hes the same as always and this game takes place 2 years after Apollo justice so...yea)

Case's
Spoiler:
Turnabout Start-up
Cast
DA:Sho shimasu
Prosecutor: Payne
Judge:judge
Defendant:Howard Cartus
witnesses: June Bell
victim: Robert Royston

The first case sho is defending a friend of Mr.crow who has recommended he allow you to defend him he is believed to have killed the victim at 9:30 at his work in his own office.

Case 2
Turnabout...forgotten?
Cast
Da:sho
Prosecutor:James holmes
Detective:Barret Greyson
Defendant:John Doe (referring to an unidentifiable person)
Witness: Otto movile, Hugh Candwit
Victim: Richard Deeds

this murder takes place a week later sho visits crow. while he watches TV, a report about the case starts to be talked about on the news...although they have proof he did it there seems to be problems with much of the case in itself. according to crow somthing else seems off though he wont say what exactly...as such sho decides to go down to the detention center to decide whether to defend the unknown suspect.

case 3
An Aerial Turnabout

Cast:
Prosecutor:James holmes
Defendant:Iona Tulls
witnesses:none
Victim: Tom Axel

given tickets to a air show sho gets a surprise when the aircraft in the air explodes...and after just meeting the pilot...later his mechanic is being taken into custody suspected of setting a bomb in the craft (they found traces of a plastic explosive) before she is tooken away sho asks the suspect if she was innocent...with a yes sho decides to defent her...and thus begins another case.

Case 4
Turnabout Scar

Cast:
Da: Gale Lancer
Prosecutor:no name
judge:judge
Detective:gumshoe (woo...but sadly only for this case) also Mr.crow
defendant:sho
witness:sam demco,officer dennis frop
victim:none

this case tells how sho came to really be the person he is now and also he got his scar.
at this time sho is at the detention center kicking back remembering back when he was in this very same predicament.

Case 5
Repeated Turnabout

Cast:
Prosecuter:James holmes
defendant:sho
Witness: currently none
Victim: Currently None

sho is invited to a ceremony along with Mr.crow honoring the city's finest. When the lights go out two gunshots are heard when the lights turn on...whats this...sho's holding the gun!?

for now id like to solely focus on case one...but anyone offering to work on other cases would be awesome.

Jobs: I still need help D:
Scripters:
Spoiler:
two tasks I would like to get done, first the UI (the screen you see normally) im probably gonna change due to certain reasons, and secondly theres three systems in this game i wanna try one I wanna keep secret for now the other two are 1 a swich system between lilly and sho, and the second is a calm meter...basically durring certain parts of the game lilly will be able to go into restricted areas or areas unaccesible to sho which some places will have this meter making you be carful what you do if the meter is to high or to low youll lose your meter and thrown out of the area plus if you lose all the life bar its game over...sorry a bit much there

Writers:
Spoiler:
Currently I am wanting to focus on the first case Ive for the most case made characters that have a main plot to the stoy or was inspired at the time to make...and so i need help making characters (and possibly names) also help to make the first case interesting in itself.

Spriters:
Spoiler:
I myself am a spriter as such ill do my best to make the characters but i do at times have problems with animations it would help if that could be done...also making a charaster revisions on any characters i have sprited so far would obviously help.

Music:
Spoiler:
well I currently have nothing at all since i stink at making music (trust me ive tried...you dont wanna hear it >.>)
I need themes for some characters
Sho (when your playing as lilly :P): cant really think of what i want :P
Lilly (same reason as before): id imagin heres to use some japanese traditional string and whind intruments
but an upbeat tune :P
Crow: maybe somthing like simple yet refined
and obviously remixes (or just mixes atleast) of the in court songs

Sprites i Need (ill update as i need them)
Spoiler:
Sho Shimasu
ill be working on making him...but if you think you can improve how he looks go for it

Mr.crow
im also working on him again ill probably need help making some poses

Keiko tsukino
Edit: im happy with how it turned out

Tom axel
this whole case and this sprite started with that friggin frog from star fox...again improvements always welcome...hope someone decides to help >.>;;;

James holmes
Edit: I fixed the problems :D

Detective Greyson
yea...in spite of it being his body...the outlinging + drawling the hair and eyes and filling in all the color for the face was plenty work in itself :x

Lilly Tsukino
so many characters scratched @_@

Andrew Carson
Had to get a photographer and decided to go with the low on cash and tired look :D

Iona tulls
Kylinas sprite, all credit goes to her :P

June Bell
much better then its predecessor o.o;;;

Harold Smith
Concept by Kenny57,Made by random Jibberish/edited by me :D

Bart Irvin
Made by Glace Leau (thanks for allowing me the use of him) :godot:

Sneedly Baggert
I got nothing...thought him up out of the air.

Otto Movile
thought it would be nice to add a taxi driver to a case :P

Risetta powell
Edit: shes done :D

Stan Down
Hes a fellow pilot of the recently Deceased pilot Tom Axel...Ive always imagined him wearing casual black shirt, with an aviators jacket over it, with large aviator sunglasses and maybe something like a mini pinwheel, short black hair, has a somewhat relaxed look on his face

Sam Demco
Well hes a pretty big punk...id imagine hes have baggy clothing and epensive cloth at that,
a bit greasy hair with a smug look on his face

Dennis Frop
A police officer with standard issue clothing...cant think of exactly what I want atm

Howard Cartus
bald, kinda scholarly but a big guy like will powers

Gale Lancer
I think he would kinda look like edgeworths father mixed with Dr.grey

maybe a new payne:if someone has an existing one I can use that would be cool

Character Concept art
Spoiler:

Last edited by Cold52 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:49 pm, edited 71 times in total.
Re: Sho shimasu: Ace attourney (pwlib)Topic%20Title

Annoying Friend

If his mother is Chinese why does her son have a Japanese name?

Nah kidding. :P You kinda need more substance to set a steady ground for a Storyline to fit with them all.

Keep thinking and keep writing. :)

When in the timeline is this? (Re: Payne)

Just another day.

well...i did say with the judge...but ill say it again...its 2 years after apollo justice...but dont expect any characters to re-appear (with exception to the judge and payne...atleast so far)...im really bad at explaining things somtimes...which is why i need help to make this game good (that and theres things i cant do...cough cough...scripting...cough...(im still on the idea portion of the game) :grey:

I hate Klaviema >_>

It's pretty easy to learn Pywright, if you need help with scripting. I can't get my head around PWlib atm, but Pywright's easy :godot:

Of course, PWlib has a lot more capability, so it depends what you're going for.
ImageImage
ImageImage

AIGE/PWLib Casemaker Developer

I don't think that PyWright is as easy as people say, and that PWLib is as hard too. But in any case, once Shinku is out, it will be easier to use PWLib.

I got recently Dead Space, so I was out playing it, so Shinku (and PWLib general interface rework) development was stalled for some days.
PWLib 1.2 Under Development

PWLib Casemaker (Version 1.1) at http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8788

Just another day.

pywright is not as easy for me...tried to use it...couldnt figure it out for the life of me (im not saying it for sure is harder...its just when i used it there were so many problems + as jibber said i like the capabilitys of pwlib (but scripting is still tough for me no matter what)

Ace Attorney Online? Do you have the right browser for it?

If not I could help with PyWright probably.

I'd be thrilled to learn some of the ways PyWright failed you Cold52. Be as harsh as you must. It pains me to find out someone had trouble and I wasn't able to help them :(

It's true, scripting can be quite difficult. The difference between scripting and programming is, well, nothing really. And the difference between programming and trying to teach a baby how to fly a jet, is the baby will learn faster than the computer :) I've often wondered why programmers don't make better teachers. I think it's because where a simple explanation would do, they try to come up with the most complicated explanation possible in order to avoid compiler errors.

All that aside, the project looks great. I like that you are focusing on the first case instead of trying to make the whole game at once. I hope you find enough scripters (shouldn't be a problem - especially with pwlib since has a larger following! The casewriting is the hard part).

I didn't read the storyline (I tend to not read those because I want to avoid spoilers for later), but your sprites are are really nice! Good luck with the project. With your bent on original characters, I'd almost rather have a new Judge, and not have to worry about consistency errors with the official timeline. Unless there is a specific reason you want to tie it into the timeline, I think it would be better if we don't know nor care when it is set.

GL
Creator of PyWright, the lovable case construction system!
Also visit the PyWright post.

Just another day.

saluk wrote:
I'd be thrilled to learn some of the ways PyWright failed you Cold52. Be as harsh as you must. It pains me to find out someone had trouble and I wasn't able to help them :(

It's true, scripting can be quite difficult. The difference between scripting and programming is, well, nothing really. And the difference between programming and trying to teach a baby how to fly a jet, is the baby will learn faster than the computer :) I've often wondered why programmers don't make better teachers. I think it's because where a simple explanation would do, they try to come up with the most complicated explanation possible in order to avoid compiler errors.

All that aside, the project looks great. I like that you are focusing on the first case instead of trying to make the whole game at once. I hope you find enough scripters (shouldn't be a problem - especially with pwlib since has a larger following! The casewriting is the hard part).

I didn't read the storyline (I tend to not read those because I want to avoid spoilers for later), but your sprites are are really nice! Good luck with the project. With your bent on original characters, I'd almost rather have a new Judge, and not have to worry about consistency errors with the official timeline. Unless there is a specific reason you want to tie it into the timeline, I think it would be better if we don't know nor care when it is set.

GL

well...part of the problem had to do with something bugging up heavily when it started up, and i also had an issue of creating a case one and when i went back to it the next day it wouldnt let me edit or do anything with it so i had to destroy the file and start over (not saying i did much of anything with it...did manage one or two things)

now that set aside thanks for the comment about the game...although cant say anything i put down spoils anything...theres alot i wanna put down but im not sure if i should for it may spoil it >.<;;;...and as for the judge ive been thinking on whether i wanteed a new judge...but im leaving that alone for now because ive already got enough characters i got to think of and create...plus trying to find people to help the project along.

ow and one last thing...ive been thinking...if you have an oc youd like to apart of this project let me know and maybe put a discription...if i like the character enough ill add them...what no sprite...well its your lucky day if i like the character ill sprite them...(or atleast try xD)

Cold52 wrote:
well...part of the problem had to do with something bugging up heavily when it started up, and i also had an issue of creating a case one and when i went back to it the next day it wouldnt let me edit or do anything with it so i had to destroy the file and start over (not saying i did much of anything with it...did manage one or two things)

Ah, yes, this problem was fixed, although the editor was never meant to really be used. I probably should have left it out until it was more usable, or at least made it more clear that it was highly experimental. Cases are supposed to be written in a regular text editor, similar to how cases in pwlib are written. Being more clear and not halfway doing things is my new years resolution...

Cold52 wrote:
now that set aside thanks for the comment about the game...although cant say anything i put down spoils anything...theres alot i wanna put down but im not sure if i should for it may spoil it >.<;;;...and as for the judge ive been thinking on whether i wanteed a new judge...but im leaving that alone for now because ive already got enough characters i got to think of and create...plus trying to find people to help the project along.

Ok, so I read your ideas for the cases. Not much detail to go on yet, but you said you were avoiding spoilers for now, so that's good. You can reveal more to the team members when it gets off the ground. It sounds really intriguing, I like all of the mysteries you are setting up.
Spoiler:
Mr. Crow seems to be at the center of a lot...

Good luck Cold52, I anticipate playing.

Just another day.

saluk wrote:
Ok, so I read your ideas for the cases. Not much detail to go on yet, but you said you were avoiding spoilers for now, so that's good. You can reveal more to the team members when it gets off the ground. It sounds really intriguing, I like all of the mysteries you are setting up.
Spoiler:
Mr. Crow seems to be at the center of a lot...

Good luck Cold52, I anticipate playing.

well for the stuff i have down so far hes involved not in every case but i think his part will explain itself when and if you play the game :P

Just another day.

Added (case 3) info and working on a base sprite for a character >.>;;;

Just another day.

more characters sprites ive completed since last...i reealllllyyy hope someone will help me out...sometime in the future :udgy:

Cold52: I added the game's tittle to the PWLib section of the Gyakuten Wiki. Be sure to update and add data on the game there, if possible.

PWLib Casemaker (Version 1.1) at http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8788

Just another day.

KSA_Tech wrote:
Cold52: I added the game's tittle to the PWLib section of the Gyakuten Wiki. Be sure to update and add data on the game there, if possible.

Thanks very much KSA and ill make sure to do so :D
Re: Sho shimasu: Ace attourney (help needed)Topic%20Title

Just another day.

Added My First Concept art of sho :D

Looks great! Loving the scar thing goin on.

Really nice.

Will love to see them running on PWLib.

Just another day.

thanks...i havent done much spiting as of late...gonna try and get back to it...and i still have now idea how i should go about getting help...plus i havent made a new character or gotten any more story as of late either...I hope even one person offers there help on the story soon...Maybe then ill have a more structured story that people will like and offer there help to :grey:

Just another day.

so i have edited 2 characters and also added second offical art since last :P

Just another day.

ok so I have had 2 ideas for things id like to encorporate into the game...but kinda woundered if they sounded like a good idea or not...first was a swich system. what i mean is durring parts of the game areas will be inexcessible to sho...thats where lilly comes in...being what she is she can gather iformation and evidence...but dont think its just like that...in certain ares there will be a breathing system which durring the search you have to keep calm if the meter moves to much to the left or to the right your tooken out of that area and given a penalty to your health bar

the second was about sho's ability...but now that i think about it i probably shouldnt say anything about it...ow well hope the first idea sounds good :grey:

The first idea is interesting, but how would it work?

Just another day.

well...im not sure exactly...but one idea i had was like a side meter would appear and as your doing somthing the meter might move one direction so you gotta quickly tap the button in the opposite direction or somthing might surprise the character and the meater will require you to quickly back and forth...but the problem of course is should it be you moving the mouse to these buttons or if theres a way to allow use of the arrow buttons on your keyboard :P

I really like the idea, any kind of custom systems are always interesting. First, switching between characters (I assume at will?) would add a lucas-arts feel to the game, which is not bad at all. Would you be able to switch any time, or does it just switch to the right character when you go to a certain location that needs them? If you can switch any time, you would have to write many more examine descriptions :)

The breath meter sounds scary. Maybe it is based on what you examine, such as: you open a drawer and it creaks, so the meter goes down. So you kind of have to be careful to do everything in the right order and not do things you don't need to, etc. Sounds kind of like quick time events in resident evil. As long as it is not overused, it would make things really exciting. I think it would be best as click buttons, because if the player isn't used to using the keyboard it will be too surprising to suddenly have to use it.

This game is sounding more and more like an instant classic.

Just another day.

well...not at first the first time you swich probably will be automatic and tell you afew differences between sho and lilly and then youll be able to swich when you want...she wont have the meter everywhere but maybe for instance shes in an area and you collect one piece of evidence and two people walk through the door she hides and the meter starts spiking so you gotta quickly stop it from going to far...and of corse if you fail its not saying you loose or anything but you gotta try again but since you screwed up you loose some of your meter

the trick would be figuring out the key points in which to add the events.

ow and also to swich characters ill probably put a button on the profiles part that says swich under sho and lillys profile :P

The idea is interesting, really. You get a new different layer of playability on the game (straying a bit from the classic PW), thus making the game really unique.

Failing could be like a psyche lock, where you lose life if you mess up. And unlike it, you can get a game over (or else there would be no challenge).

Just another day.

so I was thinking of having a banner for my fangame...what do you think of this?

The Great Theif Yatagarasu!

You spelt Attorney wrong :)
But still, its an awesome looking banner, I love the TWEWY style!
Nice work, Just needs a little effecting, and it will be perfect! :)
Click the pic for my Graphic-y goodness!

PM ME FOR LOCKERZ INVITES!! :)

I'd say

Selom T wrote:
You spelt Attorney wrong :)

Actually that's not quite true.
It's just a bit outdated. (the word attourney was used in Middle English, from Old French atorne.)

Onto the banner itself, Euhm, are you going to create this using Twewy sprites?
Otherwise it seems a bit out of place. nice though.

Just another day.

well i know the twewy sprites are out of place ceres...but i wanted to use them since i didnt want foxxis sprites he made for me just collecting dust since there great...so dicided to use them for the banner :D

as for spelling attorney wrong...my bad...but i heard it spelt this way and i guess it got stuck in my head that way :P
Re: Sho shimasu: Ace attorney (help needed)Topic%20Title

Just another day.

well the banner is done :D
Credit to vicinator for making it look so good :D

Mr. Ygrrjfjdosowhatever

Wow, nice banner!
(Be warned, your sig is now in excess of its allowed height!)

Just another day.

YggdrasilsSword wrote:
Wow, nice banner!
(Be warned, your sig is now in excess of its allowed height!)

I realize...im about to make a smaller sprite banner so everything fits neatly :P

Edit: hope thats better :P

Just another day.

Now then since I forgot to add this
Jobs:
Scripters:
Spoiler:
two tasks I would like to get done, first the Hud (the screen you see normally) im probably gonna change due to certain reasons, and secondly theres three systems in this game i wanna try one I wanna keep secret for now the other two are 1 a swich system between lilly and sho, and the second is a calm meter...basically durring certain parts of the game lilly will be able to go into restricted areas or areas unaccesible to sho which some places will have this meter making you be carful what you do if the meter is to high or to low youll lose your meter and thrown out of the area plus if you lose all the life bar its game over...sorry a bit much there

Writers:
Spoiler:
Currently I am wanting to focus on the first case Ive for the most case made characters that have a main plot to the stoy or was inspired at the time to make...and so i need help making characters (and possibly names) also help to make the first case interesting in itself.

Spriters:
Spoiler:
I myself am a spriter as such ill do my best to make the characters but i do at times have problems with animations it would help if that could be done...also making a charaster revisions on any characters i have sprited so far would obviously help.

Music:
Spoiler:
well I currently have nothing at all since i stink at making music (trust me ive tried...you dont wanna hear it >.>)
I need themes for some characters
Sho (when your playing as lilly :P): cant really think of what i want :P
Lilly (same reason as before): id imagin heres to use some japanese traditional string and wind intruments
but an upbeat tune :P
Crow: maybe somthing like simple yet refined
and obviously remixes (or just mixes atleast) of the in court songs

If anyone would like to help just pm me with which the job youd like to tackle more than one is ok :D

Need a sig etc. Click the sig ^-~

wow, this is looking really good ^_^
I guess I could help :yuusaku: I could do some art - not the hand drawing stuff but you know graphics :draw:
And I could make smilies not sure how that would help but still :edgy:
ImageImageImage
Thanks Christie so much for Pearl which I adopted from her :3 Yay Christie

Just another day.

Purple Angel wrote:
wow, this is looking really good ^_^
I guess I could help :yuusaku: I could do some art - not the hand drawing stuff but you know graphics :draw:
And I could make smilies not sure how that would help but still :edgy:

Actually Id love some smilies :D
as for graphics if i think of anything ill be sure to ask :D

Just another day.

just an update of the top post :P

Just another day.

Finally got all the main cast characters and first case charactes names :D
Plus Finally 5th case information >.>;;;

PWLib / AIGE developer

I have been investigating making a new "game system" for my own in-production game, and so it sounds like it could be a fun challenge to try make these three systems, although unless I have over-read something, I have only seen the "Tense-o-Meter" (The breathing while examining).
If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything!
"(Not)Guilty" for PWLib | Emergency Case Selection Fixes
Case 1-1 for PWLib | Pearl
Page 1 of 4 [ 147 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games