Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 2 of 3[ 106 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Re: Code Geass : Lelouch of the RebellionTopic%20Title

Hate is Bad :(

The ending was spoiled for me just before I watched it. That's what I get for streaming instead of paying :|

spr fckn srs peepz

Jessweeee wrote:
The ending was spoiled for me just before I watched it. That's what I get for watching shitty anime

fix'd.
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

stirring

Where's Brendan, he challenged me to point out a contradiction and I did

Is he just embarrassed that he fell flat on his ass after that big show he put on?

Man up dude
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy

Jury Duty

:objection:

:wall-bang:

I believe Wrestler Hatman said what needed to be said. Well, that and I have better things to do than "play" with some kid :study:

*Resumes studies of Japanese, German and Chinese*
Phoenix Wright! Miles Edgeworth!
*Slams Desk, then Points*
I CHOOSE YOU!

I kind of thought Code Geass was trying to be too many things at once. And you know what they say, if you try to please everybody, you end up pleasing nobody. They were trying to be Death Note, Evangelion, Gundam, and [insert High School Comedy title here because there are so many] all at once. Now, I like them all, don't get me wrong. But SEPARATELY. There are some anime that probably can put these all together seamlessly but throughout both series I would go "Ah, this is a high school comedy episode" or "Oh they went for the Death Note episode in between the Gundam political banter episodes."

I do enjoy the fact that they attempted a Death Note-like approach to the strategizing, but I think they could've gone farther with it. And granted, I think some of that high school shtick helped build Shirley's relationship with Lelouch so it makes it so much more meaningful when

Spoiler:
she had to deal with Lelouch being Zero after her memory got screwed with a bazillion times and eventually dying with the same love she's always had for him.

That said though, I think it could have been integrated a bit better. I also think the antagonists didn't really get enough time to develop. I mean, Mao only got 2 episodes and he was a really interesting character. Almost as soon as he was introduced, he was gone. Same thing with VV and Lelouch's parents. I wanted to know more about this whole "killing God" plan, which to this day I honestly don't understand. This is where I say Code Geass pulled an End of Evangelion on me. No complaints about the ending though. I thought it was fitting, and it was actually a decent one compared to a lot of other anime I've watched.

Ok, complaining aside, I did like how characters interact with each other, namely the interactions between Shirley and Lelouch, CC and Lelouch, and Li Xingke and Tianzi. Their emotions give a lot of depth to each character's motives, which are a really complex thing, especially in the midst of war.

tldr; --> I liked the Death Note strategy and drama bits, but it tried to do too many other things that it made it into some weird.. combobulated.. thing. Decent ending though, which is more than I can say for plenty of other anime.

Side note: Two things really bothered me about Code Geass but didn't really affect my opinion on the show in general:

1) How similar CC looks to Amber from Darker than Black.
(it's kind of faded, but she has the same light blond hair and amber eyes.. TOTALLY different personality)

After CLAMP got a hold of her:

2) Their blatant ads for Pizza Hut.
(Although Darker than Black did it much, much worse.)

spr fckn srs peepz

Brendan2k5 wrote:

I believe Wrestler Hatman said what needed to be said. Well, that and I have better things to do than "play" with some kid :study:

I meant you, condescending douchebag that you are. You are not a video game character. You are not in a trial. Stop doing that, it's annoying, and makes you look like an idiot.
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

stirring

Brendan2k5 wrote:

Hatman was calling you out and agreeing with me that you were in fact being a douchebag. Whoops, you just agreed with him! How crazy! Unintentionally, you just agreed that you're posting like a doofus!

That's your like, fifteenth mistake since I informed you that Code Geass was just an original anime, not based on a manga. It's not a big deal, I mean, fucking seriously. It's not a big deal. It's fucking Code Geass, yet you flipped out and tried to "cover up" your mistake.

You know what normal people do? Normal people go "oh, okay thanks for telling me" or "whoops!" or even just "haha, who knew". I don't know many people that actually try to say they intentionally put that mistake in their post in an attempt at counterattacking potential mean posters.

Which by the way makes no fucking sense and was probably the most half-baked cover-up-lie ever.

Instead you go mad and try to call me a "kid", turning this into some huge deal that does not in fact matter. All you're doing is digging yourself deeper and deeper and looking more and more pathetic by the second.

If you were smart, Brendan, instead of trying to be prideful about this, you'd just learn from all of the many mistakes you made here so the next time you go into a community and start posting, you don't start off looking like a fucking moron.

Holy Hell wrote:
counterattacking

That word.

Why did you use that word?

You know what it has made me think.

You know what it is going to make me do.

stirring

pickens i love you

spr fckn srs peepz

I thought I had a shoop for this occasion. Turns out I don't.

So have a Image

Jury Duty

Why are you still talking about this Holy Hell? I forgot about everything days ago.

Just goes to show how "childish" you are I guess. I don't really care who's right or wrong. I gave my opinion and ended it 2 posts ago.

Oh, and it goes without saying this thread's been pulled off-topic no thanks to you. I assume that's why you PM'd me to make me your "accomplice". Now kindly let it go as I have stuff I'd rather do than "entertain" you're inferiority complex.
I CHOOSE YOU!

stirring

You're really retarded.

I cannot stress enough how much of a douchebag you are.

spr fckn srs peepz

I CAN.

I R TEH ESPEON

Aevitas wrote:
That said though, I think it could have been integrated a bit better. I also think the antagonists didn't really get enough time to develop. I mean, Mao only got 2 episodes and he was a really interesting character. Almost as soon as he was introduced, he was gone. Same thing with VV and Lelouch's parents. I wanted to know more about this whole "killing God" plan, which to this day I honestly don't understand. This is where I say Code Geass pulled an End of Evangelion on me. No complaints about the ending though. I thought it was fitting, and it was actually a decent one compared to a lot of other anime I've watched.

Spoiler: "Killing God"
Well, from what I understood, God was the merge of all souls. And, their plan was to kill that which made each soul unique, so, it would be a world of empty people: like puppets... but, it would be peaceful at the end

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Okay guys seriously, time to calm down and go back to talking about the skinny pretty boys who lack asses but manage to pilot mecha anyway. You know I hate locking threads and suspending people over silliness.
ImageImage

spr fckn srs peepz

Croik wrote:
Okay guys seriously, time to calm down and go back to talking about the skinny pretty boys who lack asses but manage to pilot mecha anyway. You know I hate locking threads and suspending people over silliness.

butbutbutbut

they lack asses i mean they lack asses

I was on topic.

I posted mecha and guys without asses.

Does this mean I'm relevant?

Jury Duty

*Faceplams*

I doubt anyone cares at this point but the English dub of the final episode aired last night (Sat-Sun, however you wanna call it) for those who'd been looking forward to it. Now that it's aired I now feel free to bring up a few points that other fans made about how it ended:

Spoiler: About what "happened" to Lealouch
Ok, so Lealouch dies, yes? The writers even SAY he died in the end. Why do so many people believe he survives? I find it kind of stupid folks insist he survives when the writers (the folks who made the anime) have already stressed he dies in the end. It makes for good fanfiction but otherwise it's like saying Tupac and Elvis are regulars on Larry King Live.

I also found it kind of ironic Nunnally was able to open her eyes only to (OK I'll leave this part out). I wasn't surprised with what happened to Shneizel but I couldn't help but notice how Cornellia was prettymuch "ignored" after she was shot. By "ignored" I mean she had no role with how the Zero Requiem played out.

One other thing I'll probably ponder for awhile: Did Lealouch plan how he fell down the ramp? The way he landed at the bottom and the fact that Nunnally was at the bottom leads to believe this.

Not that this is the time and place but one guy put his spin on how he thought the final episode played out behind the scenes: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4630966/1/C ... _Lost_Time
I CHOOSE YOU!

キラキラ ♥

9/28
never forget.

Boku ITALIA~!

LOL, Every one's all sad over the ending and I'm all like, "Li Xingke is still alive and that's all I care about. I could care less about everyone else."
ImageImageImageImage
Avvie and siggy by me!
CR married to SKeledude12

stirring

yuzikichan wrote:
LOL, Every one's all sad over the ending and I'm all like, "Li Xingke is still alive and that's all I care about. I could care less about everyone else."

He's not in the wedding photo at the end.

Because he's dead.

Glad to ruin your evening.

Reason before Honor.

I swear to god,one of the most fun things you can do(As a drinking game!) is count how many times Fabulouche or someone else makes an "OH SHIT" face.

I can't drink yet,but seriously.1 shot each time.See how wasted you are.

derp

i feel pretty

Oyashiro-Tan wrote:
I swear to god,one of the most fun things you can do(As a drinking game!) is count how many times Fabulouche or someone else makes an "OH SHIT" face.

I can't drink yet,but seriously.1 shot each time.See how wasted you are.

Already done it, and already veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery drunk....

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Why has nobody mentioned Jeremiah Gottwald? He was the only good character in the show.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

i feel pretty

dullahan1 wrote:
Why has nobody mentioned Jeremiah Gottwald? He was the only good character in the show.

The Earl Of Pudding was f**king awesome, and you know it!

But yeah, Gottwald was awesome.

ugh sdhgklfgsj

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GccfzxHIXaY
^That's what it does. It hurts.

i feel pretty

EDIT: Nothing was here. Nothing was ever here.

Last edited by Lind on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spr fckn srs peepz

The only Lelouch anyone should care about

stirring

Aevitas wrote:
Side note: Two things really bothered me about Code Geass but didn't really affect my opinion on the show in general:

1) How similar CC looks to Amber from Darker than Black.
(it's kind of faded, but she has the same light blond hair and amber eyes.. TOTALLY different personality)

After CLAMP got a hold of her:

Darker Than Black is the better show, but uh, Code Geass came first. Amber is the ripoff of CC.

spr fckn srs peepz

Holy Hell wrote:
Darker Than Black is the better show, but uh, Code Geass came first. Amber is the ripoff of CC.

When the second show is better than the first, it's called an homage.

When the first show is better than the second, it's called a rip-off.

stirring

I don't even get a hug?

I loved Code Geass. My love for Code Geass may be equal to that of Love Hina.

It's like Gurren Lagann, but with less epic manliness and more edgy thought processes. And there's no shame in that. In fact, I have a spoilerific review of the final episode, and series in general, just to show how much I love it right here.
R.I.P. Michael Jackson. August 29, 1958 - June 25, 2009.
R.I.P. Bruce Lee. November 27, 1940 - July 20, 1973.

Mr. Thunder wrote:

It's like Gurren Lagann, but with less epic manliness and more edgy thought processes.[/url]

A Code Geass-Gurren Lagann comparison is just kind of wrong.

Like you could easily say

"It's nothing like Gurren Lagann, it has no epic manliness and completely retarded thought processes."

For your entertainment~ ♪

IMO.

This is one of the greatest series. It's brilliant. It's story-driven, most of the characters are likable, the animation is great.
One of the reasons I think I liked it so much was because of Lelouch. You see him change a LOT over the course of R1 and R2; his relationships, his attitude, his priorities.
He actually reminded me a lot of Light from 'Death Note', both wanting to create a new world. And I have a thing for the anti-hero kind of character (the hero of the story that at some times acts like a villain, and you don't really know what side they're on).
Kallen is probably my favorite girl character. She's one of the strong female types in the series that really stands out.
I also really like C.C. And Jeremiah. And Shirley. And Gino (<3) .And even some minor characters that only appeared in a few episodes, like Mao (R1) and Luciano Bradley (R2).
The only character I didn't really like for the majority of the series was Suzaku. He just seemed to switch sides a little too suddenly. That and I kind of got tired of him talking about Euphemia all the time. I mean, even late into R2, he would still hold it over Lelouch's head. =/

And yes, at the end of R2, I got very, very, VERY emotional. :larry:

Last edited by Orange on Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

spr fckn srs peepz

Pickens wrote:
Mr. Thunder wrote:

It's like Gurren Lagann, but with less epic manliness and more edgy thought processes.[/url]

"It's nothing like Gurren Lagann, it has no epic manliness and completely retarded thought processes."

Thought process is a buzzword people like to use when they don't know what they're talking about

i feel pretty

EDIT: Nothing was here. Nothing was ever here.

Last edited by Lind on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I don't even get a hug?

Pickens wrote:
Mr. Thunder wrote:

Yeah, maybe not on the surface, but think about it...

Epic mech battles.
Dramatic speeches.
Concepts that are so ridiculous they're awesome.
Characters that are the pinnacle of shonen entertainment.
Sacrifice to lead to a new future that we choose for ourselves.
And last, but DEFINITELY not least...
FIGHTING THE POWER! [ROW! ROW!]
R.I.P. Michael Jackson. August 29, 1958 - June 25, 2009.
R.I.P. Bruce Lee. November 27, 1940 - July 20, 1973.

i had just finished watching R2.

i dont like it.

seriously.

Everyone's abilities/skills are exaggerated- kallen, lelouch, suzaku, etc. I hate it. Code Geass sucks like hell.
Needs more jeremiah or xingke-like characters.
Oh yes and, get rid of shirley!!!! Her role is not even important.
And seriously, a JeremiahXAnya ending???? gross. :igarashi: :igarashi:

the more i know/watch/think about Code Geass, the more I hate it.

i feel pretty

messina wrote:
Oh yes and, get rid of shirley!!!!

Spoiler:
Erm... they did. Thankfully.

spr fckn srs peepz

Mr. Thunder wrote:
Yeah, maybe not on the surface, but think about it...

Epic mech battles.
Dramatic speeches.
Concepts that are so ridiculous they're awesome.
Characters that are the pinnacle of shonen entertainment.
Sacrifice to lead to a new future that we choose for ourselves.
And last, but DEFINITELY not least...
FIGHTING THE POWER! [ROW! ROW!]

Uh no on all that.
Page 2 of 3 [ 106 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios