Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 1 of 1[ 21 posts ]

DexterTopic%20Title

i feel pretty

Upon searching, I realised tere wasn't a thread for everyone's favourite serial killer. Which is a shame, because the series is fucking awesomesauce. Sadly, series 3 hasn't yet been released in the UK, so I have yet to see it. But I imagine it would be awesome. I own all four books, and love each one of them. Personally, I think my favourite is his newest, "Dexter By Design". It does have some faults, but hey, so does Apollo Justice, and that's still my favourite AA game. I've actually met the author, Jeff Lindsay, at a book signing in my local waterstones. He's really not what you'd expect, actually. I was kinda expecting this sort of comic book nerd, but Lindsay is anything but. And frankly, he should do standup, the guys fuckin' hilarious.

Anyway, Dexter fans now have somewhere on these forums to discuss our favourite psychopath. Please be spoiler sensitive.
Re: DexterTopic%20Title

My mom watched it a lot so I kind of became a fan! XD I haven't watched all of the first two seasons, but I'd really like to. :3

The third season wasn't quite as good, but it's defintely worth watching. I've never read any of the books, actually...
My CR family~ Mother: Naturally Lazy//Father: Phoenix_Apollo//Brothers: JadeRoach and Game Over

i feel pretty

fatalfeline wrote:
The third season wasn't quite as good, but it's defintely worth watching.

Aww, really? And I was really looking forward to it reaching the UK...
fatalfeline wrote:
I've never read any of the books, actually...

It's definitely worth doing, especially since the books don't go the same way as the TV show. The first one still revolves around the Ice Truck Killer, but goes quite differently. The second is almost completely different, though, revolving around a psychotic surgeon called Dr. Danco, who removes every part of the human body he can whilst still keeping his victims alive, and then leaves them that way. A lot of people disliked the third because it introduced a paranormal element, but personally I thought it was really good, probably greater so than the last two. I don't know if season 3 goes along the same plot as any of the others... in fact, I doubt that's possible, considering
Spoiler: Series 2 & Book 2
That at the end of season 2, Doakes is killed, but he lives (if missing a few peices) through Dearly Devoted Dexter
and the fact that it came out before Dexter By Design, which follows the story of some psychotic artists, who have a penchant for using human bodies for their art. Sorry for the rambling, but i'd really recommend them to fans of the show.

some sort of diabolical mastermind

Spoiler: Dearly Devoted Dexter/Dexter in the Dark/Dexter by Design
Yes, Doakes does get his arms, legs and tongue chopped off by Dr. Danco. For the most part of DitD, he's confined to crutches and crazy mouth sequences. In DbD, he acquires a PDA that allows him to talk. Sentences mostly include the word fuck.

As for the third season, completely different. The third book is about... and I am not kidding on this

Spoiler:
HOLY SHIT DARK PASSENGER'S SON OF MOLOCH

JEFF LINDSAY

WHAT THE FUCK

HE DOESN'T EVEN RETCON IT IN "By Design"

i feel pretty

As far out as Moloch was, and the whole MLK syndicate, I did still think that as long as you can overlook the biblical stuff it's a very good book.

Incidentally, when I met Lindsay, someone asked him if he had religious beiliefs, and he claimed he believed in demons. I'm pretty sure this is an extension of that.

I said it was definitely worth watching. XD Just for how the story goes and everything. It's not bad at all... just it didn't really develop the characters much.

I might look into the books...
My CR family~ Mother: Naturally Lazy//Father: Phoenix_Apollo//Brothers: JadeRoach and Game Over

i feel pretty

Found an image I must share with you guys:

................ XDDDD

That's so funny but kinda scary at the same time...

i feel pretty

fatalfeline wrote:
................ XDDDD

That's so funny but kinda scary at the same time...

I know, it's crazy! How can season 2 have only 4 and a half stars!?

...oh, wait. you meant the knife thing.

No Waaaay ~

I watched the series before I read the books, but I find them both interesting and instant favorites. I always can't help but to chuckle at Dexter's inner monologue. It really is a great series!!

i feel pretty

MelodyMeep wrote:
I watched the series before I read the books, but I find them both interesting and instant favorites. I always can't help but to chuckle at Dexter's inner monologue. It really is a great series!!

^^
This.

stirring

The books are really bad actually, in a rather bizarre way. The TV show is great.
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy

i feel pretty

Holy Hell wrote:
The books are really bad actually, in a rather bizarre way. The TV show is great.

Could you be a little more specific on that?

Anyway, the books are by no means bad, IMO. Although the TV show is certainly better. They handled the conclusion to the first series far better than the first book did.

Two more games coming up soon

I didn't read the book either. The TV show is excellent, especially the second season. The third season is really good as well, mostly because of the interactions between Dexter and his new "friend"'(who is one of the most interesting characters in the series so far), but the level of suspense and intensity is not the same. I wonder what the character played by John Lithgow will be like in the fourth season... that actor can be either great or terrible depending on the script.
Creator of Apollo Justice Case 5: Turnabout Substitution: Trailer - Download
Co-creator of New Year's Turnabout, Turnabout Revolution, and At Dawn's Break

Hey, the premier of season 5 of Dexter is tonight! My mom got Showtime again just so we can watch it... even though I'm probably going to get grey hair over this show. >_< I was so surprised by the end of Season 4 that I was literally numb.

Whatever villain(s) they will introduce this time probably won't reach the heights or have the impact of John Lithglow, but I'm still excited over guessing what will happen. :edgy:
Inspector Grosky is prepared to arrest you in style with finesse with his chesthair sheltering innocent kittens.

The Man With The Lethal Pencil

I have seen the series and loved it. I haven't read the books cause most of the libraries around where I live at don't have them or won't plan to have them on their shelves. I am looking forward to the new season though.
What we got here is...failure to communicate

Godot made me a coffee addict...

I can't wait for season 7 :will:
I'm just a guy that can win ALL arguments thanks to a certain video game series...

Hey Guys,
Dexter is my favorite TV show.Because It is related to Drama, Mystery,and Crime.Debra Morgan and Julie Benz is my favorite chracter in Dexter TV show.I like this TV show.This show is very Appalling.I also want to watch other seasons of this show....

You can watch Scrub TV show at tvs-scrubs.com/

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

I have read the first 5 books and seen all of the t.v series the season 8 ending wasnt all that great

Season 1-4 are the best

season 5 was pretty good

season 6 was ok

season 7 was awesome

season 8 was ok apart from the ending
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes

Seasons 1, 2, and 4 are amazing. 2 had a shitty ending, though

Season 7 is pretty good. It felt like a return to form in a lot of areas but I hated all of the Hannah McKay bullshit

Season 3 is pretty boring until the end

Season 5 is enjoyable, but not that great after the first episode (which is my favorite episode)

Season 6 is deplorable fecal matter

Season 8 is the worst thing ever created by a human being ever
Page 1 of 1 [ 21 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios