Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony

Page 2 of 2[ 48 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Finding Mr. Wright [Phoenix/Maya?][Updated-05-31-09]Topic%20Title

Where's Pikachu? ...I mean Wally!

justis76: Thanks for the post, stopped me from doubly posting. :maya:

W a l k a w a y ?

She hurried after him having no idea what she’d say when she caught him up. To make matters worse she didn’t have long to think of something since due to Phoenix’s fitness (or lack of) he’d already collapsed against the wall in a sweat by the time she reached him.

“Nick…can we go inside and sort this out like adults?”

“Let me think about that…no.”

“Are you for real!? You’re actually turning this around so I’m the bad guy?”

He smirked, “Well turnabouts have always been my specialty…” he paused awkwardly for a minute, “Okay…we can talk inside then.”

Maya slumped down on the sofa lazily and Phoenix perched anxiously as if worried about what Maya was about to say.

“Nick…what’s all this about, really?” she asked; now she looked anxious as well.

“It was all stuff I said before but…there’s something else that was bothering me too.”

“What was that?”

“When Hugh asked you out…my mind suddenly seemed to zip forward to the future…I suddenly started worrying about marriage and children and what I’ve done with my life so far. You’re younger than I am; I suppose I was really worried you were going to choose a life with Hugh and Pearl in Kurain, over a life here with me…I know I would in your position.”

He sat there now desperately waiting for her to put her hand on his shoulder and tell him he was wrong, that she never wanted to leave him and had never even considered that possibility. He glanced over, all he could see was her biting her lip and pointedly looking down at the floor avoiding his gaze.

“Maya?”

“What do you want me to say?” she asked in a tiny quiet voice.

He knew exactly word for word what the honest answer was. Instead he just said, “I want you to tell me the truth the truth.”

“I was going to leave a few days ago…you know, get my stuff from Kurain and tell them I don’t want to be the master…and then find somewhere else to live. Maybe Hazakurain but I wasn’t sure.”

“Then why didn’t you?”

“I-I changed my mind…do you remember the night Hugh asked me out?”

Phoenix smirked, “A little too well, yes.”

“Well, before he get there we were having such a nice time…curled up on the sofa together…Don’t get me wrong, I only wanted to leave because I hated how I wasn’t in control of who I lost. By leaving I got to decide what happened…I just couldn’t bear to lose more people I cared about…and it’s always my fault!”

“Oh Maya, it’s not! Please don’t leave! If not for me, for Pearl!? You two are my family at the very least. Don’t go…”

“Nick, you broke my trust and I wish I could get over that but every time I think about it I just feel so…angry!”

Phoenix really wasn’t sure what to say back, she’d basically just dashed his hopes that she’d forgive him. She wanted to leave…how was he meant to fight that?

“Maya…I understand that and I know that nothing I say will ever make you forgive me-“

Spoiler: "Miserable ending...[made mainly for Flying Totodile who obviously likes unhappy endings?"
“Nick-“

“No, let me finish. If you’re going to leave then please don’t take that out on Pearl because you are all she’s got besides me. She needs you!”

“I know…I realized that the other day…she does need me. I was scared of losing you Nick…but then you broke my trust...and that went on to break my heart and I’m sick of feeling like this. On one hand I want to forgive you and pretend this never happened because underneath all this crap…I still love you.”

“Then go…I get that you can’t forgive me…I-I’m sorry though.”

Maya’s eyes watered as she looked up at him, “If I ever think I can though…I’m sorry I can’t forget.”

And then she just left. Phoenix just couldn’t believe how much things had changed in just a week. No Maya, no Pearl (as Maya decided to take Pearl with her) and Phoenix supposed if it wasn’t meant to be…it wasn’t meant to be. After all, he very much doubted Maya’s Mr. Wright was someone who looked through her things and read her Diary.

Spoiler: "Happy and *cough*true*cough* ending"
“I never said that.”

“What?” he said stunned into silence, surely it wasn’t possible that after what he’d done?

“Nick,” she began after pausing and looking down with her eyes full of tears, “I was so shocked to get home and find you in my room like that…and then all that stuff about how you didn’t even notice you liked me-“

“Love you-“, Phoenix corrected her.

…”Yes, that…you’ve always been there and saved me, I don’t want this to be ruined after everything you’ve done for me.”

“So you’re only letting it go because you feel like you owe me!?” He felt himself start to feel a little angry again, now.

“No, I just . . . don’t get it. All that stuff about me finding my “Mr. Right” and you never even thought about it…or realized?”

“Realized what?” he could now scarcely believe his own ears.

“Oh don’t be dense Nick! I know you just want me to say it out loud-“

Phoenix looked down; apparently she knew him too well.

“Nick…I was never really searching for my Mr. Right because...well, he was right here in front of me the whole time.”

She still had little tears in her eyes but now they seemed like happy tears rather than sad, betrayed ones.

“I love-“

“You-“ they both said in union before laughing a little and looking into each others eyes.
“I’m such a fool for not realizing this before-“

But Maya just shook her head, “Shh. . .” she kissed him softly and gently, “I love you Mr. Wright.”

Please click my signiture to read Mia Fey - The Story
A second chance - Gumshoe centric oneshot
Finding Mr.Wright - Phoenix/Maya
. x

Last edited by Missile. x on Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Finding Mr. Wright [Phoenix/Maya?][Updated-06-16-09]Topic%20Title

I like cute things

Awww... it's too frigging adorable! I didn't like the sad ending but the happy one was very, very sweet =D

A new fic please...? :hotti:
Pocky is love!

:cookie: :kyouya: x :sassy:
:cookie: :maya: x :phoenix:
:cookie: :mia: x :godot:

:cookie: =D

[Words]

Man, that was pretty great. I rad both endings, and I liked the happy ending more, but not just because it was a good ending. It seems that the 2nd one was better-written. Not that I'm complaining. W00T!

You’re so small in such a big world...

Missile. x wrote:
justis76: Thanks for the post, stopped me from doubly posting. :maya:

Chapter five

She hurried after him having no idea what she’d say when she caught up to him. To make matters worse, she didn’t have long to think of something since, due to Phoenix’s fitness (or lack of), he’d already collapsed against the wall in a sweat by the time she reached him.

“Nick…can we go inside and sort this out like adults?”

“Let me think about that…No.”

“Are you for real!? You’re actually turning this around so I’m the bad guy?”

He smirked, “Well, turnabouts have always been my specialty…” He paused awkwardly for a minute. “Okay…we can talk inside, then.”

Maya slumped down on the sofa lazily and Phoenix perched anxiously, as if worried about what Maya was about to say.

“Nick…what’s all this about, really?” she asked, mimicking Phoenix's anxious look.

“It was all stuff I said before, but…There’s something else that was bothering me, too.”

“What was that?”

“When Hugh asked you out…my mind suddenly seemed to zip forward to the future…I suddenly started worrying about marriage and children and what I’ve done with my life so far. You’re younger than I am; I suppose I was really worried you were going to choose a life with Hugh and Pearl in Kurain over a life here with me…I know I would in your position.”

He sat there, desperately waiting for her to put her hand on his shoulder and tell him he was wrong. That she never wanted to leave him and had never even considered that possibility. He glanced over, but all he could see was her biting her lip and pointedly looking down at the floor, avoiding his gaze.

“Maya?”

“What do you want me to say?” she responded in a tiny quiet voice.

He knew exactly ((I don't think word-for-word was necessary here)) what the honest answer was. Instead, he simply said, “I want you to tell me the truth; the whole truth.”

“I was going to leave a few days ago…you know, get my stuff from Kurain and tell them I don’t want to be the master…and then find somewhere else to live. Maybe Hazakurain, but I wasn’t sure.”

“Then why didn’t you?”

“I-I changed my mind…do you remember the night Hugh asked me out?”

Phoenix smirked, “A little too well, yes.”

“Well, before he got there, we were having such a nice time…curled up on the sofa together…Don’t get me wrong, I only wanted to leave because I hated how I wasn’t in control of who I lost. By leaving, I got to decide what happened…I just couldn’t bear to lose more people I cared about…and it’s always my fault!”

“Oh Maya, it’s not! Please don’t leave! If not for me, for Pearl?! You two are my family at the very least. Don’t go…”

“Nick, you broke my trust and I wish I could get over that, but every time I think about it I just feel so…angry!”

Phoenix really wasn’t sure what to say back, she’d basically just dashed his hopes that she’d forgive him. She wanted to leave…How was he meant to fight that?

“Maya…I understand that, and I know that nothing I say will ever make you forgive me-“

Spoiler: "Miserable ending...[made mainly for Flying Totodile who obviously likes unhappy endings?"
“Nick-“

“No, let me finish. If you’re going to leave, then please don’t take that out on Pearl because you are all she’s got besides me. She needs you!”

“I know…I realized that the other day…she does need me. I was scared of losing you Nick…but then you broke my trust...and that went on to break my heart and I’m sick of feeling like this. On one hand I want to forgive you and pretend this never happened because underneath all this crap…I still love you.”

Maya’s eyes watered as she looked up at him, “If I ever think I can though…I’m sorry I can’t forget.”

And then she left. Phoenix couldn’t believe how much things had changed in just a week. No Maya, no Pearl (as Maya decided to take Pearl with her). And, Phoenix supposed, if it wasn’t meant to be…it wasn’t meant to be. After all, he very much doubted Maya’s Mr. Wright was someone who looked through her things and read her diary.

Spoiler: "Happy and *cough*true*cough* ending"
“I never said that.”

“What?!” he asked, stunned into silence. Surely it wasn’t possible that she forgave him after what he’d done?

“Nick,” she began after pausing and looking down with her eyes full of tears, “I was so shocked to get home and find you in my room like that…and then all that stuff about how you didn’t even notice you liked me-“

"…Yes, that…you’ve always been there to save me. I don’t want this to be ruined after everything you’ve done for me.”

“So you’re only letting it go because you feel like you owe me!?” He felt himself start to feel a little angry again.

“No, I just . . . don’t get it. All that stuff about me finding my “Mr. Right” and you never even thought about it…or realized?”

“Realized what?” He could scarcely believe his own ears.

“Oh, don’t be dense, Nick! I know you just want me to say it out loud-“

“Nick…I was never really searching for my Mr. Right because...well, he was right here in front of me the whole time.”

She still had little tears in her eyes but now they seemed like happy tears rather than sad, betrayed ones.

“I love-“

“You-“ they both said in union before laughing a little and looking into each others' eyes.

But Maya just shook her head. “Shh. . .” she kissed him softly and gently, “I love you, Mr. Wright.”

I edited it to the best of my ability. Let me know if you disagree with any of my editing. Btw, I love both endings. I just prefer the happy one since I love happy endings in general. :D
Avatar drawn by MC_Kitten, edited by Slezak

A.K.A. Court or Court-Records.

YEAH!
Great good ending. I like how the title ties in and what not. Good story! =D
Although the bad ending is kinda funny.
XD

Woodpeck Syndrome!

LMAO, Thanks for creating my own special ending, for that I'm very grateful and think that it's very good!

I still have issues with the happy ending as think that Maya's own turnabout is a tad unrealistic.

Good witty dialogue and overall am enjoyable read!

Missile. x wrote:

Spoiler: "Guilty Ending"
“Nick-“

“No, let me finish. If you’re going to leave then please don’t take that out on Pearl because you are all she’s got besides me. She needs you!”

And then she just left. Phoenix just couldn’t believe how much things had changed in just a week. No Maya, no Pearl (as Maya decided to take Pearl with her) and Phoenix supposed if it wasn’t meant to be…it wasn’t meant to be. After all, he very much doubted Maya’s Mr. Wright was someone who looked through her things and read her Diary.

Spoiler: "Not Guilty Ending"
“I never said that.”

“What?” he said stunned into silence, surely it wasn’t possible that after what he’d done?

…”Yes, that…you’ve always been there and saved me, I don’t want this to be ruined after everything you’ve done for me.”

“So you’re only letting it go because you feel like you owe me!?” He felt himself start to feel a little angry again, now.

“Realized what?” he could now scarcely believe his own ears.

“Oh don’t be dense Nick! I know you just want me to say it out loud-“

“I love-“

“You-“ they both said in union before laughing a little and looking into each others eyes.

But Maya just shook her head, “Shh. . .” she kissed him softly and gently, “I love you Mr. Wright.”

Sorry I couldn't resist. I liked the story!
I love Saturndijinni on Tegaki!

No. 1 edgeworth fangirl!!!

Awwww, cute. i read both endings and liked the happy one best because, likewise, i enjoy happy endings. I thought phoenix and iris were cute together but phoenix and maya are even cuter! :kissy:

i like - Phoenix and maya
-Mia and diego
- and i think that if edgey was still nine, him and pearl would be so cute together
I think i am in love with miles edgeworth
:phoenix: :maya: :franny: :edgy: :ema: :phoenix: :ka-whip:
Page 2 of 2 [ 48 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony