Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony

Page 1 of 1[ 22 posts ]

Memories of Past; Hope for Future (V-Day; LAST UPDATE!)Topic%20Title

Sig and Avie created by awesome Vicki!!

Hello everyone! These are my Valentine’s Day Drabbles, though I don’t expect this to stay on the front page forever. :oops:
I named the overall theme of these Memories of Past; Hope for Future because each of these stories either reflect past happenings to these pairings, or they’re something that could happen to these pairings (I hope) in the future. Sound confusing? Either the stories take place in the past, or in a more “present” time (a relative term). You’ll get the picture once you start reading!
Also, most of the stories' dates are actually canon (at least, months and years). For the first three, the months are canon to the events that are spoken of in the story. So... yeah!

Now, I put each of my absolute OTP’s in spoiler form, so if you adore Nick/Iris, for example, but hate Franziska/Miles, then you don’t have to read the latter! Smart, eh? :edgy:

Oh, and these are all rated PG for romantic content (cute stuff, not sexual) but a few might be leaning towards PG-13 for more mature themes (one has to do with suicide)

All right, let’s get started on these!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler: Iris/Nick
Note: This starts, according to canon, after Iris's trial
Song: Far Away

How Much have I Changed?

February 14, 2019

Phoenix sat down wearily on the sofa at the Wright & Co. Law Offices. It had been only a week since the large trial of State vs. Iris and the whole ordeal had left him tired and confused, to say the least. Dahlia–no, Iris–seemed to be thrown back into his life. Was he happy? For some reason, this was the only question he knew the answer to in his chaotic mind: yes, he was truly pleased that Iris was back. Did he forgive her? Yes, yes he did.

So, if you’re happy, and you forgive her, why are you so confused?
Because… I don’t know if I love her

It had been so long since the two of them had been delightfully together during their college days. Many things would have changed, wouldn’t it have? Phoenix was different than from his blissfully ignorant days; he wasn’t so happy-go-lucky or gullible anymore and he didn’t have the same romantic aspirations for art as he did those years ago. And what about Iris? Wouldn’t she have changed, too? Would she still be as lovingly and patiently sweet as she was those years ago? Would she have forgotten about him while during her acolyte duties?

Have we changed too much to rekindle?

“Nick!” a cheery voice suddenly bounced into his ear.
“Wha—!” Nick yelped in response, not expecting a voice. He looked over to see it was Maya’s happy face. She looked mischievous, though; as if she had a plan for something.
“Don’t you know what day it is today?” she asked innocently.
“I haven’t really gotten the time to check…” Phoenix mumbled. Maya sighed loudly and dramatically, putting her hands in the air in desperation.
“Really, Nicky! It’s Valentine’s Day!” Maya exclaimed. Phoenix jumped a little. Valentine’s Day? He never really thought about it. He was surprised to not see Pearls rushing into the room with chocolates to give to Nick that were apparently from Maya and a fake jewelry ring to give to Maya and force Nick into asking for Maya’s hand. Luckily, the little romantic girl seemed to be nowhere. Though, this worried Phoenix.

“Where Pearls?” he asked, a little worriedly. Maya only rolled her eyes, though.
“Nick, I took her back to Kurain hours ago! Where’ve you been!?” she huffed.
“Thinking, I suppose,” he answered simply. Maya’s sly grin appeared again.
“Thinking about Iris?” she questioned slyly. Nick’s eyes widened.
“Wha-what would give you that impression?” he stammered. Maya folded her arms.
“Nick, I’d be careful about what you say,” she said, holding up the Magatama. Nick raised an eyebrow in surprise. I need to keep better track of that thing, he thought.
“How many?” he sighed in defeat. Maya grinned.
“Four locks,” she replied plainly. Her eyes the suddenly went downcast. “If you don’t want to tell me, I won’t force you to.” Nick only shrugged to her concern. “All I’m saying is that, you have a free day, it’s Valentine’s Day, why don’t you do something special?”
“…Maybe I will,” he mumbled, getting up from the couch. Maya smiled again in relief.

Phoenix went to his closet and opened the door. It contained mostly the same blue suit for ever day of the week. However, after much digging, he finally found what he was looking for; his old pink sweater with a heart and a ‘P’ on it. Maya’s eyes widened in surprise.

“What’s that?” she asked, speechless. Nick only laughed.
“Iris made this for me when we were at college. In fact, she made this for me on Valentine’s Day,” he explained, putting the sweater over his shirt. He grabbed the red scarf and wrapped it around his neck. Looking in the mirror, he saw the image of him in his college days—the same, romantic guy.
“Hah, still fit, Nick?” Maya broke his thoughts.
“A little tight, but I’ll manage,” he replied, grabbing his wallet and keys to go out the door.
“Where are you going?” Maya asked curiously, staring at the strange pink sweater. Phoenix regarded her with a sly grin of his own.
“I’m going to go mend things again,” he answered and went out the door.

~*~

Iris was sitting down in her prison, which only housed one other lady. Her name was only given as ‘Shade’ and due to Iris’s soft but gentle personality, the two of them gradually became friends. Shade wouldn’t give many details about her crime, but it sounded similar to Iris’s; covering up a murder.

“I heard it was Valentine’s Day,” Shade grumbled in her usual harsh demeanor. She was laying down on the prison floor while Iris was sitting still on one of the beds. “Got someone special out of this pit?”
“I-I’m not sure,” Iris responded sadly. “I did, once. But, I doubt he’ll come back.” Shade sat up to face her.
“What happened to ‘im?” Shade asked in her special way of showing concern.
“It’s difficult to explain,” Iris replied, sighing softly. Nick had only visited her once this past week. She remembered how hopeful she was as he looked at her like he cared, like he still loved her. Though, after that one day, after little Pearl had slapped him, he never came back. And now it was Valentine’s Day. She put her hand on her cheeks to hide the forming tears. How much pain was she going to go through? How many years, even after jail time, would she sit in silence, realizing the man she had loved those years ago wasn’t going to come back? Would she be able to find anyone else, if it came to that?

Suddenly, however, a guard came to the jail door.
“Ms. Hawthorne, you have a visitor,” the guard barked. Despite Iris’s soft demeanor, the guards still treated her like the underside of their shoes. Shade smiled slyly towards her as Iris uncertainly stood up and walked over across the opened jail door.

Has he… come? No, that’s ridiculous; why would he come, of all days!?

~*~

The next events went by in a whirl that Iris had trouble keeping up with. The only thing she truly remembered was herself staring and gaping at Feenie as he stood sheepishly in the sweater she had made him years ago. However, the glass between them suddenly lifted when somehow, Nick was able to persuade the guard to let her go outside. The next thing she could notion was she, wearing a more ‘normal’ outfit instead of her prison or acolyte garbs, sitting on a couch at the Wright & Co. Offices, still wondering to herself, He kept that sweater all these years?

Phoenix had finally sat down on the couch next to her. Both of them were quiet. It had taken quite a bit of persuasion, but it was worth it; Iris was here and he was going to explain—
What, exactly? He wasn’t sure. Perhaps, if he could start a conversation, it would ease the both of them.

“So, how are you holding up?” he asked quietly. She seemed suddenly surprised by the question, as if she had been living in another land for the past half hour.
“It’s difficult, but I’m managing,” she croaked her words out. Iris suddenly turned to see the sweater then smile at Phoenix. “You’re wearing the sweater,” she stated.
“Well, I thought I might as well show my appreciation for the second-best gift you gave me,” Nick explained, relaxing a little bit. Iris’s eyes narrowed slightly.
“What was the best gift I gave you?” she questioned quizzically. Nick bit his lip; he knew the answer, that wasn’t the problem. The issue was how to convey it.

He shifted closer to her on the couch; Iris didn’t make any moves to escape, which was always a good thing. Nick then carefully, but tenderly, put his arm around her shoulders.
“The time I spent with you,” he finally answered. She smiled with relief, as if some great burden had been temporarily lifted from her. Iris wasn’t stoic anymore; she gradually sunk her head into his shoulder, closing her eyes. Tears were beginning to drop, but Nick quickly pushed them off of her face.

“You’re still the same Feenie I knew those years ago,” she whispered, a gentle smile on her face. Nick furrowed his eyebrows.
“Are you sure? I mean, I’m not exactly the same person I was back then,” Phoenix warned. Iris chuckled knowingly.
“No, you’re still loving, tender, and kind. That’s the Feenie I knew,” she answered reassuringly. She suddenly frowned however. “I just hope I haven’t changed that much.”
“Oh, Iris,” Nick began to laugh as well. “The only change I see is your strength; you’re a lot stronger than you were before,” he explained gently. Iris sighed in content. “You were the same person I believed in those years ago.” And with that, he kissed her gently on her forehead.

“I’ve missed you so much,” Iris whispered. Nick took her hand and rubbed it.
“So have I,” he answered. It didn’t matter at the moment what the future held and the mistakes of the past were currently unimportant; all that was important was what they shared together now.

Spoiler: Miles/Franziksa
Note: Keep years straight; the month is canon for the events in the beginning. (I just made no sense, sorry!)
Song: All You Wanted

My Saving Grace

February 14, 2017

Franziska was pacing in her father’s mansion in Germany. She knew she needed to get out of the house; it’s vast space yet quietness was beginning to get claustrophobic. But she couldn’t; not until she could finally decide on a seemingly simple decision.
Fran had heard the news about her little brother. The Skye vs. State case had apparently given Edgeworth quite a toll with all of the accusations of forged evidence and the like. He was going through a stressful period in his life.

He was taught the Von Karma ways; he knows he must hold his head up high, Franziska thought to herself. Someone who can’t do that doesn’t earn the weight of the Von Karma heritage! But, of course, she understood; she expected perfection from herself and everyone else, yet she wasn’t ignorant to know that the attainment of perfection wasn’t necessarily easy. One must constantly work at being perfect was her philosophy. Right?

Still, Fran wondered if perhaps a call would be worth her time. She refused to say it was because she wanted to see if she could help him and certainly not because she really cared about him. She just… wanted to talk. That was all.
But she also realized that calling on such a day would reap its own repercussions. It was Valentine’s Day; calling on such a day would draw attention. There were precedents that she would be calling for foolish romantic reasons. Not that she would ever call him for that reason, would she? She didn’t have foolish romantic ideas about him, right?
But in the end, Franziksa picked up her phone and dialed Miles’s cell phone.

“Hello, this is Miles Edgeworth,” answered an awfully tired and incredibly stressed. “Listen, I can’t ta—” Suddenly Miles stopped speaking. Franziska was a little confused and flustered. “Who is this? I didn’t look at the caller ID,” Miles apologized as he began speaking again.
“Miles Edgeworth, it’s Franziska von Karma,” Franziska seethed. There was silence on the other line. “Listen I… not that I really could help, but I was just…” Fran huffed, trying to collect her thoughts. Something’s wrong with him… but would he actually tell me? “How are you?” she finally asked. There was more silence on the other line.

“Honestly? Not especially well,” Miles admitted. Franziska wanted to yell at him that a Von Karma never shows his weaknesses in front of his enemies; that one never stays gloomy and pitiful; that one must always fight. However, she refrained from berating him.
“Stay strong, Miles Edgeworth,” Franziska finally replied, still a little harsh. “You’re a Von Karma.” Miles began to chuckle wearily on the other line.
“Really, now? I’m unsure of how much that name really applies to me,” he mumbled. Franziska furrowed her eyebrows.
“What are you talking about!?” she asked, exasperated. However, she paused, trying to think of what was the best thing to say. “Von Karma, or not, it still applies that you need to stay strong.”

“What if I can’t?” Miles answered. Fran was close to chastising his words; that continuing to fight and being independent was synonymous to reaching perfection. But she didn’t; she just couldn’t. His voice didn’t necessarily sound pitiful; it just sounded… tired. Like he had trouble talking and was too worn out to do so anymore. He sounded exhausted of just… living. The idea suddenly sent her stomach lurching.
“Miles,” she abruptly became soft and more patient. “I know you’re stronger than this. I know,” Franziska swallowed her uncertainties, “that even when you’re beaten, you can always rise. That’s why…” she stopped herself. No, even though she had not followed her code of conduct and yelled at him about a Von Karma’s duties, she wasn’t going to admit that she admired him for his strength.

More silence on the other line.

“Thank you, Franziska,” Miles finally spoke. “I don’t know when I’ll see or talk to you again. But it won’t be for a while. I hope it will be…soon, though.”
“What are you talking about? I haven’t seen you in five years. What makes you think—”
“No, at first I thought I wouldn’t see or talk to you in a very, very long time. But, honestly, I’ve changed my mind. I’ll see you soon, thought I don’t know how soon,” Miles answered, his voice suddenly becoming more energized.
“Are we talking days, months, or years?” Franziska interrogated.
“I don’t know. Soon,” Miles answered. There was another pause on the phone. Fran decided she had to say something. Thought, the next words out of her mouth were ones she didn’t expect.

“Happy Valentine’s Day,” she whispered breathlessly. Another pause, then a chuckle.
“You, too.” With that, Miles hung up.
And two days later, she saw the news that he had “chosen death.”

~*~*~*~

February 14, 2019

“I would like an assortment of dark and white chocolates, please,” Miles asked the lady at the counter. He picked a non-descript magenta box with a white silk bow on top to put the chocolates in. The lady at the counter smiled sweetly as she placed the appropriate items into the box.
“Special lady friend?” she questioned pleasantly. Miles smirked a little.
“Perhaps,” he replied. What do you call someone who was your ‘big sister’ for so long, and is now… not quite that anymore? he questioned himself as he sighed.
“Here you are,” the lady gave him the box and nodded. “Have a Happy Valentine’s Day,” she called out. Miles thanked her and left the shop, heading towards the Prosecution Office. She’ll invariably be working; perhaps I could persuade her otherwise. After all, I have her favorite ‘sins,’ he thought.

~*~

Franziska was attempting to busy herself with work. She hated Valentine’s Day; everyone at the Prosecution Office as attempting to get her to do something and she always felt so jealous when the girls would speak about how Miles smiled at her yesterday, or how he had helped her carry something. Fran didn’t want to admit why she was so bitter when she would hear the name “Miles” sighed romantically.
However, she was rather bitter with him as well.

Two years ago she had talked to him. And only two days later, he had disappeared, frightening and angering Franziska all at once. He told her he’d see her ‘soon’; and now that he was here, on one of her least favorite days, she wasn’t sure what to do.
The year before had been unbearable; Fran kept hoping secretly that he would call her or visit her. Of course, he never did; and it didn’t help that at that time, many of the ladies at the office were complaining that their only Valentine was gone.
But now, he was here. And she didn’t know what to do with herself.

As she locked herself in her office to hide from the sickening lovey-dovey stuff outside, her cell phone rang. Looking at the caller ID, Franziska jumped; it was Miles Edgeworth.
“Yes, Miles Edgeworth?” she hissed. There was a chuckle on the other line. He sounded so much happier than he did those two years ago. Wonder why; I bet he’s just loving the flock of girls that want to talk to him, Fran thought cynically.
“Hm, you’re at the office, I imagine, and I’m sitting on a park bench with a box of dark and white chocolates,” Miles teased. She stiffened; those were her favorites. “And if you come soon to People Park, I may let you have some.” Franziska found herself speechless. She hung up her cell phone, packed her things, and sprinted out of the Prosecution Building, not caring how crazy she looked for once in her life.

~*~

“I actually thought someone got these for you. I didn’t think you actually… bought me chocolates,” Franziska sighed, stuffing her face (to her humiliation) with an alternation of white and dark chocolates. Miles rolled his eyes.
“I thought I’d do something nice today. Considering this day… well, this day brings back surprisingly good memories,” Miles answered, glancing at her. Fran stopped eating.
“Well,” she began stiffly. “I suppose that’s good for you, then.” Miles looked at her, concerned. He suddenly sighed and sat back on the park bench backing.
“I’m sorry I did that to you. But, I couldn’t… tell you everything that happened that day,” Miles attempted to explain.
“It was the second time you left. The only consolation I had was that you said you’d be back,” Franziska interjected, slightly angry. “And after the conversation before, I… I was just confused.”

Miles was quiet for the moment, not looking up. Franziska was glaring at him, but at the same time, her face showed confusion and desire for explanation. He decided to give her that.

“Franziska, you don’t understand. You saved me, that day you called,” he began, finally looking up. “I was going to do exactly as that letter I left entailed; I was going to end it. But you called me and even though I expected a long explanation about my imperfections, you didn’t do that. You… said the words I didn’t realize I needed to hear until you uttered them. And after you hung up, I realized that I couldn’t do it,” Miles explained. She could only gape in silence. He then suddenly moved closer and picked her hand up as a gentleman would. “And you know why else I couldn’t do it?”
“Wh-why?” she stammered. Miles smirked and kissed her hand softly.
“Because I began to fall in love with the one person who could understand me.”

Franziska smiled as well. Valentine’s Day had now become her favorite holiday because it was the accumulation of the past events that led up to this moment; this perfect moment.

Spoiler: Mia/Diego
Note: Date completely canon
Song: Real Emotion—fits the drabble

These Bonds Between Us

February 16, 2012

Diego knocked on Mia’s apartment door. Just this morning was the Fawles vs. State trial and it had not gone well, to put it nicely. After the trial, Diego had taken a shaken-up Mia home (after bandaging his wound) and attempted to sit with her for comfort. However, Mia seemed suddenly mute; she wouldn’t say a word. Not being able to take the silence much longer, Diego had mumbled something about wanting to get some food for her, and left. He promised he would be back.
He’d gone to the store to get a few items for preparing a nice, simple dinner for her. When he arrived back, he was afraid for a moment that she would have done something drastic to herself without him being there.

No, Kitten wouldn’t try something like that, would she? Diego thought worriedly. As he knocked, however, he was pleased to see that Mia had promptly answered the door.
She looked obviously distressed. While he was gone, Mia had apparently changed into more comfortable clothing, but her face was still as gloomy as it was before. Diego attempted to smile. To his relief, Mia was smiling a little, as well.

“Hello, Kitten. I told you I’d be back,” Diego greeted teasingly.
“…I’m glad you did,” she answered, trying to help him carry the bags in.
“No, no, you need to rest. Let me handle preparations,” he refused. Mia rolled her eyes and sat down on her sofa. Diego began to take out the groceries in order to begin cooking. “How does chicken, potatoes, and beans sound, Kitten?” he called out. Mia sighed; she had to admit, the nickname was starting to grow on her.

“It sounds… wonderful. But you don’t need to do this,” Mia spoke. Diego stopped his preparations and walked over to sit next to Mia, his hand patting her shoulder gently. He leaned in close to her ear.
“Too bad, Kitten; I want to,” he whispered. She snorted softly.
“Well, guess I can’t complain if I get a free, home-cooked meal,” she replied teasingly. Diego grinned and rubbed her shoulder.
“Now we’re lightening up!” he answered. He stood up to make the food in the kitchen while making his evening brew of coffee. Mia shook her head as she looked at him humming while making the food. She leaned back into the couch, frowning.

Where did I go wrong? she thought. What could I have done differently…?
Deciding that she wasn’t going to get any answers by sitting, she slowly walked into the kitchen area. She leaned on a counter as she regarded Diego with a smile. He looked behind him when he heard footsteps and shared a grin. However, his grin died when he noticed the overall sad look on her face.

“Kitten, talk to me. Vent, if you need to. I’m here to listen,” Diego begged.
“Diego, you don’t need to worry about me,” Mia assured. “You’ve already bought me dinner and making it for me, as well. I’ll… be fine.” Diego made sure the chicken was in the oven, and then sauntered toward Mia, folding his arms.
“You know, I’m proud of you, Kitten,” he began. Mia looked up at his sad, yet encouraging eyes. “I don’t think I would’ve been so zealous to help out a convict.”
“He wasn’t rightfully a convict, though,” she muttered. “Someone needed to defend him, have his thoughts be heard. But in the end…” she sighed. “I didn’t realize how much of a hold that Dahlia had on him. He was completely under her control to do as he pleased. Right into his death, she completely commanded his life like a puppeteer,” Mia shook her head in distraught and looked up at Diego. “Don’t you find that so… wrong? That someone would just use a love-struck person for their own desires? I’m almost glad Fawles didn’t realize he was a puppet; it causes less pain in the end because he believed in their love.” Diego wrapped Mia into his arms in a comforting way. She was tearing up, but she wasn’t sobbing her eyes out.

“It’s not over yet, Mia,” he finally spoke. He could feel Mia’s head nod. “We can only cry when it’s over. When everything is over, whether it’s a good or bad ending. Promise me that, Kitten,” Diego squeezed Mia a little tighter. He was beginning to tear up too. “Promise me that you won’t regret your actions; promise me you’ll fight till the bitter end; promise me that you won’t cry till it’s all over. But, Mia,” Diego let go and held her out in his arms, “above all, promise me that if you ever feel the need to cry, you’ll come to me.” Mia sniffed a little and gave a broken smile.

“Why, what will you do?” she asked, a little teasingly. Diego grinned impishly.
“Well, first I’d set you down at a chair and table,” he began, leading her to the dining room table and sitting her down. “Then I’d make you a cup of coffee.” He went over to the now finished pot of coffee and poured two cups. He grabbed a few packets of sugar he found near the coffee machine. He set these down near Mia. “After that, I’d ask if you’d rather face the bitter truth or hide it with sweetening.”
“I can handle acerbity,” she stated. Diego smiled proudly and handed her a coffee cup.
“And after that, I’d assure you that even though you shouldn’t cry until it’s over,” Diego paused, his face suddenly frowning, “that as long as you keep fighting, it doesn’t matter. And then,” he faced his coffee cup, looking deep into its dark abyss. “I’d probably cry, too.”

Mia had stood up without Diego realizing it and walked behind him. She put her arms around his neck. In a sudden surprise, he almost knocked his cup over.

“Well, then, I’ll let you know if that happens. But I hope I can see you more often than when I cry,” Mia whispered. Diego grinned again.
“Same here, Kitten,” he added. The two of them were silent as they locked eyes for a moment. However, the moment was interrupted with the annoying sound of beeping.
“The food!” Mia exclaimed. Diego ran to the oven to retrieve the main course and proceeded to finish the rest of the meal. Soon enough, plates of food were on a table for two.
The two had eaten silently at first, once in awhile exchanging conversation about simple subjects.
“What do you think of the weather, Kitten?”
“Surely we have other interests we can speak about, Diego.”
Still, the evening was light-hearted in contrast to the morning’s events.
After dinner, Diego refused to have Mia clean the plates and he took care of clean-up. The two then sat down on the sofa together, unsure of what to say, but enjoying each other’s company.

“Thank you for the meal,” Mia started to speak. Diego chuckled.
“Was a pleasure, Kitten. Besides, I told you I wanted to,” he responded. Mia turned to face him.
“Why exactly do you call me ‘Kitten,’ anyhow?” she asked him. Diego shrugged his shoulders, putting his arm around her.
“Because kittens can become cute and little one moment and become ferocious and obdurate the next,” he answered. Mia rolled her eyes.
“What is that supposed to mean?” she questioned. Diego grinned mischievously.
“That you’re very cute and beautiful, but you’re also stubborn and vicious when you want to be. It’s a compliment, Kitten,” he assured her. Mia sighed and closed her eyes for a moment. Suddenly however, her eyes shot open.

“Diego, I just realized something.”
“What, Kitten?”
“Valentine’s Day was two days ago.”
“And…?”
“Well,” Mia thought for a moment. “I was so busy preparing, I didn’t get a chance to celebrate, I guess.”
“What do you usually do?” Diego asked.
“Oh, my sister Maya and I used to joke about who our Valentine was and we’d give each other cards. That sort of thing. I didn’t realize how much I missed it till I didn’t get to do it, anymore,” she sighed in thought. “What about you? Do you give Valentine gifts to others?” Diego shrugged.
“I don’t know, Kitten. Would you like one?” he asked, smirking. Mia’s eyes, however, became mischievous. Diego raised an eyebrow in confusion. “What?” he asked. Before he could question more, Mia suddenly grabbed his tie and pulled him closer, kissing him squarely on the lips.

After they let go, Diego blinked in slight puzzlement.
“Well, wasn’t expecting that,” he stated dumbly. Mia laughed; it felt good to finally laugh after the day’s stresses.
“Do you mind?” she asked, half-serious. Diego rolled his eyes, grinning.
“Of course not,” he replied and kissed her again.
They both felt more of a bond between them; even though their attitudes were dissimilar, the trials they went through pulled them together. As that kiss did now.

Spoiler: Klavier/Ema
Note: No canon timeline; assume it's V-day :D
Song: If I Am I dunno if it relates to this fanfic, but I think it relates to the couple.

Love Best Shared Equally

Valentine’s Day was never fun for Ema. Every year was the same; every girl imaginable would walk up to the Prosecution Office to send in a valentine for Klavier Gavin. The problem was that, more often than not, Ema was always the only one called for security.

I’m a detective for goodness sakes! Not security!

At first, Ema believed that it was a strange way for Klavier trying to perhaps make her jealous of all of the attention he received. But when she was called for security at one of his concerts, she decided she didn’t know what to think of famous rock star, woman-appeaser, and glimmerous fop Klavier Gavin.

Ema was hoping that perhaps this year, he’d forget or send someone else. So when Ema came into the Police Department Valentine’s Day morning, she quickly hid in her cubicle and did her work as quietly as possible, only getting up once to get a cup of water. However, luck was not on her side, and as soon as Head Detective Gumshoe meandered towards her, she began attempting to think of evasive action. Still, she didn’t want to upset the boss, so she sat patiently for her death sentence.

“Hey, pal, Mr. Gavin has asked me to tell you that—” Gumshoe didn’t look any happier.
“I know, I know; stand in front of his door, let him know when around twenty girls are waiting outside, then let him know to come out—” she interrupted, hoping to say her own problems aloud. But Gumshoe seemed insistent on telling her her duties.
“Actually, he has a different plan this year; he wants to make sure nobody even gets near his room. So he wants you to put all cards into this cardboard box,” he began, putting a box fit for a computer on the desk. He suddenly smiled. “I provided the box, pal! I knew just where to get one! Anyway,” Gumshoe cleared his throat. “He wants you to regulate crowd control and explanation of his absence. Then he wants you to bring them up to his room at noon,” he finished. Ema’s eyes widened. She wasn’t usually done with his security till late afternoon, and he never passed up a chance to make his fans swoon; why the sudden introversion?

“Is something wrong with Mr. Gavin?” Ema questioned. Gumshoe shrugged his shoulders.
“Dunno, pal. He seemed a little… stressed, like he had procrastinated and waited till the last minute, if you know what I mean,” Gumshoe mentioned. Ema raised an eyebrow.
“That sounds awfully specific, Mr. Gumshoe,” she speculated. He rubbed his head.
“Prob’ly ‘cause I’ve been in the same boat. You know, you have a special lady friend, and you want to do something for her, but you never get the time, and V-day just suddenly creeps up on you,” he sighed in thought. “Yeah, I’ve been in the same boat.”
“Mr. Gumshoe, I don’t think—” she stopped herself. Don’t think what? That he’s doing a Valentine’s Day present for somebody…? For you…? Ema suddenly jumped in surprise at her own thoughts. Why was I thinking that!?
“Something wrong?” Gumshoe asked. Ema shook her head. “Okay, go on ahead, pal. I gotta go find some flowers for the Mrs…”
Poor Maggey, Ema thought, thinking of Gumshoe’s wife. I sometimes wonder how she puts up with him… With great reluctance, Ema trudged out of the office with the box and headed toward the Prosecution Office.

~*~

Ema was surprised to see that Klavier didn’t want fangirls even on the first floor of the offices; few fans were allowed at the reception area and the rest were forced to wait outside. She tirelessly explained to each and every fangirl that “Klavier was unavailable but will be eagerly reading your Valentine.” The returners from previous years were upset over this change in plans and countless others were sobbing. Ema tried to reassure them that she was sure there were other boys their age who would love them, but this didn’t seem to work.

After tiredly being crowd control, Ema tramped into the elevator with her oversized box of overflowing valentines. She finally reached the floor of Gavin’s office and carefully walked out of the elevator when she accidentally bumped into someone.

“Ach! I’m so sorry!” she called out, her voice muffled.
“Do you need help—” the voice called out. Ema was about to refuse help when she heard the last line: “…Frauline?” She dropped the box in sudden shock and saw Klavier standing sheepishly. “I’ll take that as a ‘yes,’ ja?” he teased, effortlessly picking up the box. Ema was about to walk away with a huff when she heard Klavier speak again. “Achtung! Come into my office for a second.” Ema raised an eyebrow.
“Why?” she asked cautiously. Klavier only grinned mischievously.
“Aren’t you curious?” he taunted.

With another huff, Ema followed him into his overly messy room, which seemed messier than usual with crumpled pieces of handwritten music all over the floor. Klavier put the box of valentines to the side and picked up his guitar. Ema looked around uncomfortably; she felt like she didn’t belong in here.

“So, what is it you wanted to show me?” Ema risked a question. He only grinned and sat down, patting the space next to him on the couch. She slowly seated herself next to him.
“I hope you’ll give me the honor of listening to this, Frauline. I wrote it up just this morning; I needed some quiet from the fangirls so I could write this. I want you to tell me what you think, ja?” he answered her, smirking. Ema furrowed her eyebrows. Just what is he doing…? Before she could ask, Klavier began to strum a light melody on his guitar.

“Roses may be red, and violets blue
But neither can hold a candle to you
Ever since I saw your beautiful eyes
I’ve been hopin’ for ‘we,’ not ‘you and I’
But still I’ve fallen for your strength of heart
And detest the times when we’re apart
So, please, Frauline, would you be so kind
As to be, perhaps, my Valentine?”

The music was sweet but simple, perfect for a simple song. Ema couldn’t help but begin to applaud; it was utterly adorable and she realized for the first time that she was actually jealous that such an adorable song would never be written for her.

“Any special person you were thinking of when you wrote this?” she sneered teasingly.
“Ja, she’s standing in front of me,” Klavier answered innocently, putting his guitar onto the floor and smirking at a very shocked and embarrassed Ema. “What? Didn’t expect me to write something?”
“K-Klavier! Why on earth would you want to—” she was interrupted by his sudden movements as he moved closer to her and put his arm around her shoulders.
“You haven’t answered the question yet, Frauline,” he whispered in her ear. Ema felt a shiver down her spine. She felt her throat dry for a second as she attempted to speak.
“You’re certain of my answer?” she finally found her voice. Klavier shrugged his shoulders and folded his arms, his eyes glazing over.

“You have a point, I suppose. You constantly berate me for not doing my job and I tease you like there’s no tomorrow. But,” he turned to look at her, “you have qualities in a lady that I like; you always pursuit the truth and you take your job seriously. That’s one of the reasons why I asked for you to be my detective,” he explained, his eyes lighting up. “And you never filed a sheet for transferring, either; I took that as a good sign,” he began to chuckle, as Ema found herself blushing. Her fingers were itching for a snackoo, but she didn’t have any.
“I guess you weren’t that unbearable,” she mumbled. Ema was surprised that Klavier was, for the first time, actually pouring his heart out.
“Besides, I think you should know, I’m not always the glorified rock star who parties all night to find a girl,” he continued. “I take my job seriously, too.”
“I know that,” Ema interjected. “…and I respect you for it,” she finally admitted. Her desire for a snackoo became, for some odd reason, nullified. Klavier gazed at her, sadly smiling.

“You know, it’s nice to hear that from you,” he confessed. “It’s nice to know that with all of the craziness, there is still trust between us.” Ema closed her eyes to contemplate for a moment.
“Yes,” she finally said. He looked at her perplexedly. “I suppose, for right now, I’ll be your—no,” she paused for a second, glancing at his puzzled features. “I’m not yours and you’re not mine; we’re equal,” Ema finally said aloud. Klavier grinned and pulled her closer to him, to which she yelped in surprise.
“Of course, Frauline. We’ll be equal in love,” he whispered gently.
“Hey, wait, isn’t it too early to really say the L-word—” Ema was interrupted by Klavier kissing her cheek. She was, once again, too stunned to speak.
“What’s the matter, Frauline? Roses may be red, but so is apparently your gorgeous visage,” Klavier teased. Ema sighed, shaking her head as she allowed herself to nestle close to him; this was only the beginning. She wasn’t sure what exactly she had gotten herself into, but for once, she didn’t really mind. It was okay to love someone—even if that someone is a glimmerous fop. As long as the love was equally shared.

Spoiler: Gumshoe/Maggey
[spoiler=Gumshoe/Maggey]
Note: Time is pretty much after GS3 but before GS4
Song: Some Hearts Yes, I stole it from my "Love Songs for Shippers" thread... shush...

Gift of the Unlucky

“Oh no! I can’t believe I forgot!” Detective Dick Gumshoe cursed himself as he got out of bed, rubbed his eyes, and noticed his calendar. The 14th square hadn’t been crossed out. “How could I have forgotten!?”

Dick quickly got out of bed and washed himself up in the little space he’d have to call a bathroom. After brushing his teeth vigorously until his gums almost bled, he put on his usual outfit with the new khaki coat Maggey had gotten him (which was dirtying to its usual green color by the day) and left for work.

Before he arrived at the police station, however, he saw his cell phone ringing. Uh-oh, it’s Maggey! he whined as he picked up the phone.

“Hello, Maggey.”
“Good morning sir—er, I mean Gum—no, um, Dick!” Maggey’s voice rang awkwardly. Dick smiled; her little charms never failed to amuse him.
“Happy Valentine’s Day, pal,” he said, a little less enthusiastically as he remembered why he was so stressed this morning—he forgot to get her a present!
“Val—oh, right, sir!” Maggey covered up. “Um, we had plans, right?”
“Y-yeah, at the park for lunch?” Gumshoe trailed. When am I going to get her a gift!? And how am I going to get the money!?
“Yes, that sounds right! Um,” she paused. “Shall I… bring my own lunch, Dick?”
“…That would be best,” he sighed. He felt bad that he never had enough to buy her food.
“Great! I can’t wait to be there!” she exclaimed. The two hung up after exchanging good-byes.

We’ve only been going steady for, what, a month? And I’m already messing up Valentine’s Day! Gumshoe sighed as he staggered to work. Suddenly, however, he remembered something. He quickly ran back to his little apartment and went to the inside of his mostly empty cupboard. There, in the corner in a small, broken cup was his precious supply of change. He was saving that change to buy he and Maggey a good, solid meal. It was his one little pride (besides Maggey, of course) he had in the entire world; it showed his dedication and pride to finding and saving money for her. But, he thought, this was more urgent. A good dinner could wait.
Gumshoe counted the change and to his slight dismay, found that he had about six dollars and twenty-five cents in change.
What will that buy me!? he groaned. But he took his precious money supply, anyway, and ran to the mall.

Gumshoe felt a little more confident going to these places more than he used to. With his coat looking a lot better than his old, green coat, people seemed to respect him more now. As he walked along, his eye caught the glasses department. As he looked inside, he saw little necklaces to hold one’s glasses.

That’d be perfect! he thought gleefully. That way, Maggey won’t lose her glasses all the time… of course, with her luck she might find another way to lose them, but still… Gumshoe smiled as he walked up to the display, staring at all the different kinds.

My, these look awfully expensive, he sighed. Dick finally picked one that was a pretty silver chain with red beads to match her pretty barrettes. He was pleased to find out that it cost six dollars and twenty-four cents total, and he paid with his change, oblivious to the annoyed look on the counter lady’s face.
With his little gift for Maggey and one penny, a cheerful Gumshoe skipped off to work.

~*~

“Ack!” Maggey groaned as she put on her waitress outfit for Très Bien, only to rip her apron again. Without even thinking, she began to sew her apron with a prepared supply of thread and needle.
“What iz ze matter, ma cherie?” Jean, in all of his light pink gloriousness, walked up to her. “Oh la la! Your apron has ripped again!”
“Huh? This thing? Ah, that doesn’t faze me. No,” Maggey sighed as she almost pricked herself, but kept going. “I forgot to get Dick a Valentine’s Day Present and now I don’t know what to get him!”
“Hmph, that one man who’s always wearing the same coat?” Jean remarked disgustedly. “You should bring zhat one man who was over for ze party. You know, the one with ze pink coat and ze frilly cravat?” Jean’s eyes sparkled. Maggey rolled her eyes.
“Mr. Edgeworth doesn’t have time to get over here. Besides, I couldn’t very well invite him or anything. But that’s not the—”
“Oui, I give him ze discount, but he does not come! Oh la la!” Jean exploded one of his numerous rose petals.
“Point,” she continued, not listening. “I need to figure out—” she gasped. “I got it!” she squealed, raising a bloody finger. Jean’s eyes widened, surprised that she didn’t even seem to see her finger. “He always puts his special supply of change in this poor-looking cup. I’ll buy him a special change purse!” she suddenly noticed her finger and quickly dabbed at it with a tissue and wrapped it with on of her numerous band-aids.

“And you want ze day off for zis scruffy man?” Jean pouted. Maggey folded her arms.
“Can I please just get off a little early for lunch?” she pleaded. Jean sighed and waved her away, agreeing to let her go off early. It’s not as if Lunch is our busiest time, Maggey groaned.

~*~

Maggey walked around a little crafts shop place in order to find a change purse or cup for Gumshoe. Many different designs and sizes existed; she noticed some ceramic cups ranging in bold, primary colors and others in softer, darker tones. She sighed to herself; she wasn’t exactly positive on what Dick’s favorite color was. Maggey supposed that he liked khaki and green, only because of his everyday clothing.

As she walked around, she accidentally bumped into one of the customers. As she fell, she made the mistake of grabbing the edge of a glass crafts table, causing a few glass figurines to fall down. Her glasses suddenly slipped off of her face and crashed onto the ground, along with two figurines.
A gasp went through the crowd as Maggey picked herself up, cursed her luck for the thousandth time, and proceeded to pay money to a stunned vendor for the broken figurines. She helped clean up the glass and silently walked to where the ceramic bowls were being kept. My unluck is bound to run out sometime, right? she sighed. Maggey beamed as she found the perfect little bowl; it was bright green and blue with little tiny designs all over, along with the Blue Badger’s face! She was shocked that an artist would take the police department’s mascot as a design, but it was perfect, in any case.
She paid for the little bowl and proceeded to carefully walk to the park.

~*~

“Maggey! You’re here!” Gumshoe called, sitting on one of his dirty blankets and eating a bagged lunch. He furrowed his eyebrows as he suddenly noticed something was wrong. She was holding a box and seemed a little confused.
“Is that you, Dick?” she called out. Gumshoe finally realized what was wrong; she had no glasses!
He guided her to the blanket and was suddenly worried. How long as she not had glasses? He decided to ask.
“Um, Maggey, what happened to your glasses?” Gumshoe risked a question.
“Oh, while I was getting your gift, I fell and they broke again,” she sighed. Gumshoe bit his lip and awkwardly stuck his gift in front of her.
“Happy Valentine’s Day, Maggey,” he murmured, cringing as she eagerly opened it.
“It’s a…” she attempted to stare at the silver necklace, looking confused.
“It’s to hold your glasses, pal. Guess I was a little late, though,” Dick sighed. Maggey’s eyes became downcast, but she smiled.
“That’s okay! I need to get new ones, anyway,” she quickly explained. “You’re going to love my gift!” she handed the box to him. Gumshoe had to carefully guide her hands to receive the present. He raised an eyebrow as he unwrapped the mile long bubble wrap that was covering the object inside. Maggey grinned sheepishly. She apparently didn’t want to break it, Dick sighed. When he finally found the object inside, he raised an eyebrow.

“A bowl?” he said aloud. Maggey nodded excitedly.
“Yes! To hold all of that change you were saving up!” she exclaimed. Gumshoe frowned, his head down.
“I’m sorry, Maggey; I used all of that money to buy you your gift,” he said guiltily. Maggey began to look gloomy again; Gumshoe couldn’t stand her saddened face. “B-but I can get more change! A-and I could use this… for my noodles, right?” Dick attempted to cheer her up.
“It’s okay, Dick. It’s the thought that counts, right?” Maggey whimpered. Gumshoe patted her back.
“I really like it, though! It’s got the Blue Badger—”
“And this has my favorite colors,” she whispered. Maggey suddenly smiled again, hugging Gumshoe unexpectedly and aggressively. She accidentally rammed into Gumshoe’s precious supply of ramen noodles, but he didn’t care. She liked his gift, and he liked hers. It didn’t matter that they had to sacrifice precious money supplies or their health; what mattered was what they were willing to sacrifice to make the other happy. For just because one is unlucky doesn’t make one unhappy.

Spoiler: Apollo/Vera
Note: No real particular timeline. After Case Four, of course. Only spoilers is knowing that she's innocent. ;)
Song: One Step at a Time I mean, Ordinary Day :P

One Step at a Time

“Hey, pass me the scissors, Pearly,” Trucy requested. “Please?” Pearl rolled her eyes, but shifted the scissors in her direction. The two 16-year-olds were creating numerous Valentines. Even though they were much too old to be passing Valentines to all of their classmates, the tradition between them had grown to the point that they simply had to continue it. So, instead of making a Valentine for many students, they simply made them for special people in their lives.
“How are they turning out?” Vera slowly walked over, glancing over the teen’s heads. Vera had been invited by Apollo to come to the Wright Agency. “No one should be alone on a day like this,” he had murmured as he motioned her to follow him. Vera brought her art supplies with her and off the two of them had gone.

“I think they’re pretty good. Though, Pearly is more of an artist than I am,” Trucy pouted huffily. Vera cracked a small smile; even though she was known as a prodigious artist, she still enjoyed simpler arts that normal people created. Feeling a little inspired, she opened her sketch book and began to draw. Pearl giggled as she patted her friend’s hand in assurance.
“I’m sure your special someone will love it!” Pearl teased. “What about that foreign pianist you were mentioning before?” Trucy folded her arms, her cheeks reddening.
“Oh yeah? Well, I bet Cody will simply swoon—”

“What’s a “special someone”?” Vera interrupted innocently. Trucy and Pearl glanced at her with wide eyes. Vera began to squirm in her seat nervously. Did I say something wrong?
“W-well…” Pearl stuttered, trying to figure out how to explain herself. “’Special someone’ is kind of an exaggeration… I mean, since today is Valentine’s Day…”
“We should’ve said, ‘Your valentine’! It… doesn’t last as long.” Trucy covered for her. Vera furrowed her eyebrows in confusion; what were they “hiding”?
“My father and I would celebrate Valentine’s Day,” Vera recalled, a little sadly. “Since it was just the two of us, he would always say that I was his valentine.” She remembered her father’s happy face with his sad eyes, explaining her that Valentine’s Day was about loving those people who meant the most to you. “But what does this have to do with a ‘special someone’? And why can’t your valentine be you valentine forever?”

“Um,” Pearl seemed at a loss for words. “The ‘valentine’ you’re thinking of is different from what we’re thinking of.” Vera blinked uncertainly. “S-see, that’s more family-like love. We’re talking about romantic love. You know, like those sappy romance stories on television.” Vera became lost in thought. She remembered her father showing her some romantic movies. That was the only way Vera experienced romance at all; her father never truly explained it. Only that he and her mother felt it once… before she left.
“Yeah!” Trucy interjected. “Have you ever felt feelings for a guy who makes you feel great inside, and you just anticipate every chance you get just to say a word to him or have him glance at you? And you want to make yourself noticeable just so he’d notice you!?” she talked quickly.

Vera raised her eyebrows in surprise.

“That’s this… romantic valentine love you speak of?” she whispered. It was one thing to watch love unfold on a TV screen; it was another to actually hear it being described.
“Uh-huh. We call them ‘crushes,’ though,” Pearl explained further. “But on Valentine’s Day, you ask that person to be your valentine. And for one day, the two of you are together!”

“But… what if the feeling is more than just those?” Vera asked softly. She immediately saw one person’s face as the girls described this whole idea to her. But she needed to know if it was true…
“What do you mean?” Trucy questioned, blinking in surprise.
“I mean…” Vera sighed as she tried to make her feelings understood. “You care for the person more than that. You,” her eyes became downcast, lost in thought. “You want to make the person feel happy. You feel happy when he is. And,” she bit her lip before continuing. “You feel safe around him.”

The girls had been silent with small shock. The only sound heard was the scissors that fell from Pearl’s hand. What did I do now? Vera thought in frustration.

“Vera…” Trucy began, seeming uncertain to ask her pertinent question. “Do you…?”
“…have a special someone?” Pearl added on. It was Vera’s turn to be surprised.
“Is that… what a special someone is?” she asked weakly. She closed her eyes for a second; sure enough, there he was. His dark brown, comforting eyes; his cute little bunny ears of hair; his gentle smile. Was Apollo Justice… her special someone? And if so… what did that mean for her?

~*~

Apollo gritted his teeth as he biked quickly down the street. He was glad that he had to concentrate on something; for the last half-hour, he felt like he’d been walking in a dream.
After taking Vera to the Wright Anything Agency, Apollo had done the one thing he knew he should not have done; walking away from there. Leaving her there, alone.

He invited her over as a friendly gesture, or so he told himself. The last few weeks, with a little encouragement from Mr. Wright, Apollo had patiently talked with Vera, sometimes getting her out of her lonely home and take a stroll in her neighborhood. It was just a pleasant gesture, at first. But soon, it had become… different. Vera was a kind and gentle soul; while she didn’t know much about the real world, she could be prompted to speak a little about her art and even a few books her father let her read (mostly wild fantasy for the flighty imagination) while she was cooped up in the little house. Hearing her talk a little gave a sort of comfort for Apollo. And even when she wouldn’t speak, she was always listening, even when Apollo would become passionate in his spiels. Still, he’d always apologize for raising her voice at her, while she’d only calmly respond that she didn’t mind. He had began to care more for her well-being than before (which, he was surprised at), and he always did anything he could just to see that smile, beautiful smile of hers.

Still, it was the gift’s store’s fault, according to Apollo. He cursed himself for letting his thoughts wander as he sped on in his bike. He had left because he realized how difficult it was to see her on Valentine’s Day and not be able to celebrate it with her. Not that he’d know how. So he left to get some fresh air, and happened upon a tiny gift shop.
The store leaked with Valentine’s Day paraphernalia; hearts, candies, and ribbons seemed to typhoon the little shop.

I don’t want any of this… he sighed. I want something more… meaningful. It was this thought that led him to find it. The perfect gift.
Without a second thought, he had bought it and sprinted out of the store, hoping to distract himself from the impulsive action he just took.

Before he realized it, the Wright’s Anything Agency sign rose up before him as he skid his bike to a halt. Apollo shook his head. What am I doing? How is she going to react to this?

He knocked on the door quickly, hoping he wouldn’t face—
Her. Of course he would, Apollo groaned as he saw Vera open the door. However, his sudden apprehension was wiped away when Vera’s eyes widened with what seemed like excitement.

“Y-you’re back!” she stammered. Apollo could only nod.
Say something, you idiot.
Say what!? I can’t mess this up!
Why should you care? You’re friends!
Yeah, the gift sure doesn’t say so.
It’s now or never.

He smiled tightly; he wasn’t sure what he was getting himself into. The feelings he felt for her was more than simply friendly caring. He wanted to be able to touch her hand without embarrassment; he wanted to embrace her tightly when she was gloomy; he wanted more of an attachment to her than just her helpful defense attorney.
He wanted to be her… he couldn’t think of the word, but something more than what he was now.
And he’d have to convey that with this gift. Whether she’d accept it or not.
It’s now or never.

“Vera, can I talk to you out here?” Apollo asked, clearing his throat to sound stronger than he felt. Vera blinked in surprise and nodded, closing the door behind her.
“Is something wrong?” Vera asked worriedly. He only smiled through nervously clenching teeth.
“No. Um, I… got something for you,” he responded lamely, presenting the package. Vera hesitantly accepted it, her eyes widening still.
It was a new calendar for the year, but it held paintings of beautiful scenery.
“Oh my…” she gasped, fingering each page. “I-I needed a new calendar.”
“Yeah, and anytime you get scared of the outdoors… or just need inspiration, you can look at these paintings, see?” Apollo attempted to explain.
“It’s wonderful,” Vera smiled. However, she suddenly looked crestfallen. “B-but, I didn’t get anything for you…”

“It’s fine!” he interrupted, automatically placing his hands on her shoulders in a comforting gesture. “I-I was just thinking of you, so…” Apollo found himself blushing as he realized what he’d done. He dropped his hands. “Sorry…” he mumbled.
Vera bit her tongue. Did I do something wrong…again? she feared. Her heart had beat quicker at his swift touch, but it was a… pleasant feeling. She glanced at the calendar, unsure how to respond. Vera felt nervous around him; she didn’t want to upset him, but she didn’t know how to make him feel more comfortable; especially more comfortable being near her.

“Apollo,” she began. Apollo’s wavering eyes looked straight at her. “I greatly appreciate the gift. But I don’t know why you’d want to give me one,” Vera asked with a sad look in her eyes. Why would he spend his money on someone like me?
He was at a lost for words for a moment.
“I felt bad that I left you here, and I wanted to get something to show that… well, that I’m not a complete jerk,” he explained laughing nervously.
Vera frowned deeper. He just felt bad…? she thought sadly. Apollo was concerned, groaning as he realized he probably said something wrong.
“You didn’t have to get me something for that,” Vera said softly. Apollo bit his lip and shook his head.
“It’s not just that. Y-you’re… special to me, Vera, and I wanted to get something nice for you,” Apollo tried again. Vera blinked in surprise.

“Like a ‘special someone’?” she asked innocently. He found himself suddenly taken aback.
That was the word I was looking for, he groaned. Corny and silly, but… Apollo hid his annoyance with a smile.
“Y-yeah, that’s one way to think of it as…” he answered. Vera’s smile grew bigger.

Apollo was surprised to find Vera’s arms suddenly wrapped around his chest. He calmly placed his arms around her as well, shocked by her impulsiveness. He began to stroke her hair gently, releasing the pent up anxious sigh in his chest.

Vera was still smiling; this feeling of caring and protection was new, but also very pleasing.

It was a start, he supposed. And he was all right with going into a relationship slowly with a kind girl like Vera. One step at a time.

NEW:V-Day Drabbles! | Flawless Achievement | These Wounds Can Heal | When the Wall Crumbles
Daughter of Xero and Mystic Mina. Sister of Lana & Ulala

Last edited by Caelestis on Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:23 am, edited 8 times in total.
Re: Memories of Past; Hope for Future (V-Day Drabbles)Topic%20Title

SHINing key~kayfaradaylove.

Location: sydney the land of the crap transport system RISE AND KILL~

...wheres the klema...o_0
SHINee|B2ST|빅뱅i|U-KISS|2AM|4minute|2NE1|SNSD<3
"people who always eat instant noodles never die." taboo_neku

sorry, I'll get 'em done sometime.... dunno when :meekins:
NEW:V-Day Drabbles! | Flawless Achievement | These Wounds Can Heal | When the Wall Crumbles

~~

These are really good. How long did you take to write all these. The second one is really long.
♥Twatanorm♥
Signature by blinq

Witness my stand... FOUGHT THE LAW!!!

I loved them all!. Even the one of FrannyXMiles, cause my favorite pairing with Franny is with Nick but it doesn`t matter, it was good, cute and great to the eye.

Can`t wait for your Polly/Vera fic! :edgy:

It`s great you`re gonna write about them! No one does! Besides Mia_Fey. I think.

Well keep up the good work! And plz have the Polly/Vera fic soon! :godot: :franny: :phoenix: :edgy:
Thanks. It was, is and always will be a pleasure.
"Getting into law school will make you realize how fucking bonkers these games are... like REALLY"

Awww, these were so cute! I especially loved the Nick/Iris one.

I can't wait for Maggey/Gumshoe. That's my OTP. <3
Signature by Purple Angel.

Okay, I did Klavier/Ema; it's on the first page. Tell me what you think; I had a little trouble because, never written 'em before, and also had trouble with stuff going too fast. Anyway, hope people like it!

Also, I know there's been some large amounts of hate for that couple. I don't care, because that's others' opinions, and I like others' opinions, but if you do hate this couple, please don't flame on here, okay? :payne: Thank you!

Amy wrote:
These are really good. How long did you take to write all these. The second one is really long.

Well, I started them on V-day at around... eleven am? I think it took me about four hours or so to write all of them, including time to eat. :edgy: Actually, the second one took the shortest time, I think; I had to cut down on writing because I was writing too much! I knew exactly what I wanted to do for the second one, so that's why. The third took the longest; I have no experience with a Mia/Diego story, so I didn't know how to go about it.

Gray Godot wrote:
I loved them all!. Even the one of FrannyXMiles, cause my favorite pairing with Franny is with Nick but it doesn`t matter, it was good, cute and great to the eye.

Can`t wait for your Polly/Vera fic! :edgy:

It`s great you`re gonna write about them! No one does! Besides Mia_Fey. I think.

Well keep up the good work! And plz have the Polly/Vera fic soon! :godot: :franny: :phoenix: :edgy:

Thank you! I'm glad you like my Fran/Miles; I love hearing people who don't support the pairing say they like my stories. It makes me feel really good inside. XD
Oh, yes, I'll try to get Apollo/Vera out soon. It'll be... interesting. I'm writing it next, so we'll see.

FirexxxSaber wrote:
Awww, these were so cute! I especially loved the Nick/Iris one.

I can't wait for Maggey/Gumshoe. That's my OTP. <3

Thank you! Cute is what I'm aiming for! (*cough*withslightangst*cough*).
Sorry that Maggey/Gumshoe will be lastly written, but I hope you'll like it! I'm aiming for utter adorableness there!

True love is forever.

See. I told you that I'd make it here to review tonight. ^_^

And, wow... I truly love them all with my top favorites being the Phoenix/Iris one and the Klavier/Ema fic. They're all great, but those two are just pure love. <3 I particularly loved the reappearance of Phoenix's pink sweater (He is such a dork and I love it. :P And I really liked the way you used it in the story) and I adored the little song/poem you put in the Klavier/Ema one (I could so see that happening. Too cute). I liked what you thought up for Franziska's "sin." I wouldn't have thought of chocolates myself, but it added a nice touch to her character and the final scene was cute. And last, but certainly not least, the Mia/Diego was just cute. You balanced the tragedy and fluff so well.

As always, your writing is strong and your handling of the characters was very well done. I can't wait for your last two. ^_^ Nice work!
Proud Supporter of Phoenix/Iris, Ron/Dessie, Klavier/Ema, and Apollo/Vera
Fanfics Updated-12/25

Yes, I know I said I was going to do Apollo/Vera next... I'm sorry, but I suddenly got complete inspiration for Gumshoe/Maggey, so I did it first :payne:

Warning, there are probably many, many spelling errors. I didn't have time to check :edgy:

Mia_Fey wrote:
See. I told you that I'd make it here to review tonight. ^_^

And, wow... I truly love them all with my top favorites being the Phoenix/Iris one and the Klavier/Ema fic. They're all great, but those two are just pure love. <3 I particularly loved the reappearance of Phoenix's pink sweater (He is such a dork and I love it. :P And I really liked the way you used it in the story) and I adored the little song/poem you put in the Klavier/Ema one (I could so see that happening. Too cute). I liked what you thought up for Franziska's "sin." I wouldn't have thought of chocolates myself, but it added a nice touch to her character and the final scene was cute. And last, but certainly not least, the Mia/Diego was just cute. You balanced the tragedy and fluff so well.

As always, your writing is strong and your handling of the characters was very well done. I can't wait for your last two. ^_^ Nice work!

Lol, I'm glad you enjoyed them! Yes, I knew I had to add the pink sweater, but I realized, why not have it be an old V-day gift? I mean, it is pink with a heart! lol.
Ah, I'm glad you liked the poem. Poetry has never, ever been my forte :oops: So, I just kinda went on a whim with that one!
Franziska's sin; lol. I actually was going to have that be a sort of a symbol for something (representing white: purity, goodness and dark being bitter and harsh). Milk chocolate wasn't included because it isn't "real chocolate" lol (I like Milk choc. but whatever). But it was getting kinda long, so I didn't include it.

I'm glad you liked Mia/Diego. Gosh, that one was hard! Mia is such a hard character to write for, because I don't know what her weak side looks like; I wanted her to look strong, but in need for comfort. The fact I balance tragedy and love, I shall take as a high compliment. :edgy: Thank you!

Anyhow, Gumshoe/Maggey is up! It's very predictable, and perhaps overused idea, but I had to write it, so... :edgy:

Apollo/Vera sometime... hopefully...

I loved the Gumshoe/Maggey one!!
BTW: did you based that one on an indian story? (or the british version?)
If you don`t know what I`m talking about:

It`s about a man and his wife who are really poor. So for their anniversary/christmas they didn`t have a gift. So the husband went and sold his tobbaco pipe/pocket watch and then bought a comb for his wife who had a long and beautiful hair. And the wife sold her hair and bought tobbaco/ a chain fo the watch for her husband.
Then when they presented each others gifts, they found out that they sacrificed their main possession to the their couples happinnes.

If you didn`t have inspiration on that I`m sorry XD.

It was really cute to see how things worked out between them and how did they both react to the sacrifice of the other one.

Get the Polly/Vera soon! XD :franny:
"Getting into law school will make you realize how fucking bonkers these games are... like REALLY"

Gray Godot wrote:
I loved the Gumshoe/Maggey one!!
BTW: did you based that one on an indian story? (or the british version?)
If you don`t know what I`m talking about:

It`s about a man and his wife who are really poor. So for their anniversary/christmas they didn`t have a gift. So the husband went and sold his tobbaco pipe/pocket watch and then bought a comb for his wife who had a long and beautiful hair. And the wife sold her hair and bought tobbaco/ a chain fo the watch for her husband.
Then when they presented each others gifts, they found out that they sacrificed their main possession to the their couples happinnes.

If you didn`t have inspiration on that I`m sorry XD.

It was really cute to see how things worked out between them and how did they both react to the sacrifice of the other one.

Get the Polly/Vera soon! XD :franny:

The very same one!! I'm so happy someone saw the reference! The one I was thinking of was "Gift of the Magi" by O. Henry, which is the exact same thing (this version uses the pocket watch; so I'm guessing British XD). Did you notice how the title on mine, it was "Gift of the Unlucky" :edgy: Lol.

Yes, yes! I'll get on it! :oops:

Awww, I loved that Gumshoe and Maggey one. Warm fuzzy feelings abound!
Signature by Purple Angel.

I couldn`t remember the name of the story until you said it. I just remembered the story by reading your fic. XD I`m glad I hitted the spot.

Wow these are all great! good job! they were all so cute, especially maggey & gumshoe! ^^
:pearl:

My son is bored. Care to play with him?

I liked them all and consequently it would be hard to review them in paragraph format, so I will use bullet points.

Highlights:

*The beginning of the P/I piece. Phoenix's confusion rang true with me, even though I hadn't given it much conscious thought before.
*This line: “Hm, you’re at the office, I imagine, and I’m sitting on a park bench with a box of dark and white chocolates... And if you come soon to People Park, I may let you have some.” Miles at his mischievous best. I love it.
*“Any special person you were thinking of when you wrote this?” she sneered teasingly.
“Ja, she’s standing in front of me,” Klavier answered innocently, putting his guitar onto the floor and smirking at a very shocked and embarrassed Ema.
*The whole structure of the Dick/Maggey piece. It was like the jagged pieces of a ripped heart being put back together. Simultaneously cute and funny.
Re: Memories of Past; Hope for Future (V-Day; LAST UPDATE!)Topic%20Title

....so, about a month later, I make my last update! Sorry folks, I know V-Day is over, but I hope you like the last one.
I've never done Apollo/Vera, and I've realized what a challenge it is to do a one-shot of them. Yikes! :payne: So, it's not very good, but I really tried my best, so be nice. :larry:

FirexxxSaber wrote:
Awww, I loved that Gumshoe and Maggey one. Warm fuzzy feelings abound!

Why, thank you! I"m glad you liked it! I tried what I could :edgy:

Gray Godot wrote:
I couldn`t remember the name of the story until you said it. I just remembered the story by reading your fic. XD I`m glad I hitted the spot.

Yes, thank you! I'm glad someone figured it out!

kitty_sneeze wrote:
Wow these are all great! good job! they were all so cute, especially maggey & gumshoe! ^^
:pearl:

Aw, why thank you! Cuteness is what I'm aiming for!

Gregory Wright wrote:
I liked them all and consequently it would be hard to review them in paragraph format, so I will use bullet points.

Highlights:

*The beginning of the P/I piece. Phoenix's confusion rang true with me, even though I hadn't given it much conscious thought before.

As I thought about it (especially after reading Maya/Nick supporters threads *cough*), I figured he'd have to sort through that before really entering a relationship with her again. I'm glad I did it well.

Quote:
*This line: “Hm, you’re at the office, I imagine, and I’m sitting on a park bench with a box of dark and white chocolates... And if you come soon to People Park, I may let you have some.” Miles at his mischievous best. I love it.

Lol, I actually love characterizing Miles. I like him to be mischievous with his "love affairs" especially with Fran. Of course, it only really works with him when he's confident with his love and when he thinks it's mutual. As you can see, he wasn't totally like this in my Fran/Miles longterm fanfic.

Quote:
*“Any special person you were thinking of when you wrote this?” she sneered teasingly.
“Ja, she’s standing in front of me,” Klavier answered innocently, putting his guitar onto the floor and smirking at a very shocked and embarrassed Ema.

Lol, yes. Even though many hate Klavier, I always liked his flirty sense of humor. Especially since I think he's a big softy (and maybe a little self-concious) on the inside XD

Quote:
*The whole structure of the Dick/Maggey piece. It was like the jagged pieces of a ripped heart being put back together. Simultaneously cute and funny.

Interesting take on it! Yes, I wanted this piece to be basically "painful" to read (as in, "Shoot, he got that for her and she broke her glasses!), but at the same time go "Awwwww" lol

True love is forever.

*Is speechless* <3<3<3<3

Have I mentioned how awesome you are recently? Because I don't say it enough. ^_^ I love... everything about your new fic! Everything! Special someone, Apollo being cute and awkward, Vera being innocent and sweet, the gift.... <3

... I promise to stop spazzing now... maybe...

I feel inspired. I'm going to go kick Apollo's butt until he behaves so I can get my oneshot done.

Anyway, beautiful work! Have I mentioned that I love it? :P
Proud Supporter of Phoenix/Iris, Ron/Dessie, Klavier/Ema, and Apollo/Vera
Fanfics Updated-12/25

i just read the apollo/vera, loved it! :odoroki:
i love the fact that trucy and pearl were school friends, it'd be great if they met in gs5!! :pearl:
xxx

♥Klavier and Ema fan forever ♥

wheee my fav is klavierxEma x3

as u know my sig... =O
Million thanks for making this epic siggy, Vickinator! and another million thanks to Nadini for making that awesome avatar

Couples I support? well...
♥Klavier and Ema♥

The polly/Vera one is...TOtAllY... AWESOME!!!!!

I lol'd at the references with Machi/Trucy and Pearls/Cody XD just the funniest thing!

It was really cute the factor: Vera realizing what is love (The song... XD) and how she felt about Apollo and how Apollo himself realized that for him Vera wasn't just another friend but she was that special someone and that he wanted to be his special someone. It's just like in every Polly/Vera fic... but I love it!

You should make more fics... but it'll be good more Polly/Vera.

Tsk Tsk Tsk... :uramidn:

Good work!

Best Wishes

Gray Godot

Mia_Fey wrote:
*Is speechless* <3<3<3<3

Have I mentioned how awesome you are recently? Because I don't say it enough. ^_^ I love... everything about your new fic! Everything! Special someone, Apollo being cute and awkward, Vera being innocent and sweet, the gift.... <3

... I promise to stop spazzing now... maybe...

I feel inspired. I'm going to go kick Apollo's butt until he behaves so I can get my oneshot done.

Anyway, beautiful work! Have I mentioned that I love it? :P

:bellboy: Oh, you embarrass me! (lol, j/k) I'm glad you enjoyed it. As being one of the few writers of Apollo/Vera, I admire your opinion on the work. XD Anyway, yes, get to writing more! I know it is rather difficult, but you can do it! :edgy:
Glad you liked it!

kitty_sneeze wrote:
i just read the apollo/vera, loved it! :odoroki:
i love the fact that trucy and pearl were school friends, it'd be great if they met in gs5!! :pearl:
xxx

Thank you! :D Yes, there have been a few thoughts of Trucy and Pearl knowing each other and I decided that it could be plausible and added it in. I'm glad you liked it!

moon_pie! wrote:
wheee my fav is klavierxEma x3

as u know my sig... =O

Lol, I see XD I'm glad you liked it. First Klavier/Ema, so I'm glad it was a success!

Gray Godot wrote:
The polly/Vera one is...TOtAllY... AWESOME!!!!!

I lol'd at the references with Machi/Trucy and Pearls/Cody XD just the funniest thing!

It was really cute the factor: Vera realizing what is love (The song... XD) and how she felt about Apollo and how Apollo himself realized that for him Vera wasn't just another friend but she was that special someone and that he wanted to be his special someone. It's just like in every Polly/Vera fic... but I love it!

You should make more fics... but it'll be good more Polly/Vera.

Tsk Tsk Tsk... :uramidn:

Good work!

Best Wishes

Gray Godot

Glad you liked it. Yes, I kinda like Pearl/Cody and Trucy/Machi, so I decided to add it in. :edgy:
Well, there haven't been that many Vera/Apollo out there. I could see this couple being much easier as a long term fic. But one shot? I'm shocked I was able to do it at all! It was actually pretty hard to make it believable. :yuusaku: *phew* Success! And hopefully there'll be more of it in the future... we'll see.

Insanity at its classiest.

*Pops out of the sky*

A Drabble is a 100 word essay, by the way.

*Disappears*

(Seriously. But good stories.))
My CR family is my beautiful wife Arkillian, and my three daughters Lida_Rose, Franzika Von ehmpke5, angel_of_nature and my son, Meenyman.
Page 1 of 1 [ 22 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony