Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 3 of 3[ 106 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Re: Code Geass : Lelouch of the RebellionTopic%20Title

i feel pretty

Wrestler Hatman wrote:
Mr. Thunder wrote:
Yeah, maybe not on the surface, but think about it...

Epic mech battles.
Dramatic speeches.
Concepts that are so ridiculous they're awesome.
Characters that are the pinnacle of shonen entertainment.
Sacrifice to lead to a new future that we choose for ourselves.
And last, but DEFINITELY not least...
FIGHTING THE POWER! [ROW! ROW!]

Uh no on all that.

They definitely have all those... although for every good character, there's a shit one. Fore example, this guy:

Who the f**k is he? And more importantly, WHY THE F**K DID THEY TRY TO MAKE US GIVE TWO SH**S ABOUT HIS BUTTHURT OVER LELOUCH'S BETRAYAL?!?!? It is truly unbelievably bad whenever he has screen time. He was a minor, comic reflief character who they should have just ignored whenever serious shit went down.

Jury Duty

Well, lemmie put it this way--The Black Knights were lead by Ohgi first and Zero/Lelouch second. I find it hiliarious how this fact was prettymuch forgotten or ignored until the final episodes. Why else do you think the aforementioned guy took it especialy hard when the Black Knights learned Zero's true identity and about Geass?
Phoenix Wright! Miles Edgeworth!
*Slams Desk, then Points*
I CHOOSE YOU!

Lind_L_Tailor wrote:
messina wrote:
Oh yes and, get rid of shirley!!!!

Spoiler:
Erm... they did. Thankfully.

Oh... sorry, my bad... What I meant was:

Shirley shouldve never been created.

Hehehe. :)

i feel pretty

Brendan2k5 wrote:
Well, lemmie put it this way--The Black Knights were lead by Ohgi first and Zero/Lelouch second. I find it hiliarious how this fact was prettymuch forgotten or ignored until the final episodes. Why else do you think the aforementioned guy took it especialy hard when the Black Knights learned Zero's true identity and about Geass?

That still doesn't justify his role. Ohgi maybe, but not that guy.

messina wrote:
Lind_L_Tailor wrote:
messina wrote:
Oh yes and, get rid of shirley!!!!

Spoiler:
Erm... they did. Thankfully.

Oh... sorry, my bad... What I meant was:

Shirley shouldve never been created.

Hehehe. :)

There, we agree on something.

Although, if they hadn't made her of ay importance in R2, I wouldn't have minded so much. This is the aforementioned problem: trying to make us care about truly shitty/comic relief characters. Hell, I don't even mind the comic relief characters as long as they don't make them central to the plot. Hell, I loved Lloyd Asplund. I wish they had given his backstory more than a passing mention in the final episode...

Jury Duty

In regards to Takada (I assume the guy we're talking about) his roles was downplayed and I didn't really see much backstory in him (then again, I haven't see nevery single episode yet).

As for Shirley, she was supposed to be Lelouch's love interest, right? Even though she ended up dead in the end her purpose and role in the series had been set fairly early. Sorry Euphie fans but she was one person (along with Clovis and Cornelia) who I think the series could've done without. I mean damn it, I know Charles had alot of kids but that doesn't mean all of them have to be significant to the plot. The way Euphie was disposed of led me to believe only Lelouch would live in the end (which we know didn't happen) but only Nunnally, Cornelia and Schneizel were alive after the final episode (unless I missed someone).

I also thought Suzaku should've joined Lelouch after R1 but hey, that's just me =D
Phoenix Wright! Miles Edgeworth!
*Slams Desk, then Points*
I CHOOSE YOU!

i feel pretty

Brendan2k5 wrote:
In regards to Takada (I assume the guy we're talking about) his roles was downplayed and I didn't really see much backstory in him (then again, I haven't see nevery single episode yet).

Who the hell is Takada?

Is he the guy I posted a pic of? If so, they try to make you give a s**t in the last 10 eps or so.

Brendan2k5 wrote:
I also thought Suzaku should've joined Lelouch after R1 but hey, that's just me =D

Suzaku is, IMO, a very poorly written character. It seems he's supposed to have some sense of loyalty, but his loyalty is so damned ambiguous. It doesn't make sense. In fact, his joining Brittannia in the first place made no sense.

stirring

It's better to say Code Geass is just not a good show.
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy

i feel pretty

EDIT: Nothing was here. Nothing was ever here.

Last edited by Lind on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tee Hee!~

Shriley was definetly a stereotipical peppy, love interest who forced me to skip the Mao arch simply because I believe her to be one of the most useless character created for Code Geass. I was soooo glad when they killed her off. As for Euphie, she was an important back plot person to Suzaku, because in R2 he bitched and moaned about her, when ,if she didnt exist, he probably would have bitched and moaned about his father. And I think they only put Clovis in to create tension and suspense early on in the series, thats all.

Lelouch had one too many love interests anyway. C.C, Kallen, Shirley, Milly ( and in some episodes just about all of the school ) made it seem a bit like a harem. And we really should have seen his death coming, it was alot like Death Note after all. C.C was always like some lifeless android. I know they explained after living for 100s of years and blah blah, but I always hated her too. Amber is so much better than C.C, hands down.

Brendan2k5 wrote:
As for Shirley, she was supposed to be Lelouch's love interest, right?

but it seems to me that lelouch has more than 1 love interest.... -__-

Oh come on! Having CC as Lelouch's love interest is ENOUGH.

Well, I actually thought that most of Ashford Academy's schoolgirls aint important except for Nina because
Spoiler:
she was the one who created FLEIJA.
Milly and Shirley? Bleh. Most of the Black Knights are also disposable.

Nuff said, Code Geass R2 is disposable.

i feel pretty

messina wrote:

Seconded. It just feels like they were trying too hard, y'know?

I don't even get a hug?

Lind_L_Tailor wrote:
messina wrote:

Seconded. It just feels like they were trying too hard, y'know?

You can't have a series without major, secondary, and minor characters. If everybody is important, who does that leave to be the redshirts? Or, hell, just those guys that you like because they're minor? I freaking LOVE Tamaki because he always gets mad at just about everything and talks about how he's Zero's best bud.

Besides, Shirley was there to...
Spoiler:
Give Lelouch another reason to hate Rolo.

But that was kind of ruined since
Spoiler:
Rolo sacrified himself for Lelouch anyway.

I don't see why you all hate the series. It's a great show, original, well-written, and realistic (for a mecha show, it's very tactical.)
R.I.P. Michael Jackson. August 29, 1958 - June 25, 2009.
R.I.P. Bruce Lee. November 27, 1940 - July 20, 1973.

spr fckn srs peepz

Holy Hell wrote:
It's better to say Code Geass is just not a good show.

http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

I object to your face!

I have the DVDs now, finally. I followed this series all the way to the end, and as a loyal Sunrise and CLAMP fan, I utterly love Code Geass. (And I've cosplayed Lelouch far too often, I suppose.) I liked the first season much more than the second for many reasons, but R2 was good enough to watch (and I liked the ending, I spilled some tears or so).

To all of you who are jumping at each other, take it easy. Everyone's just expressing their opinions. If you don't understand, then that's fine. I can understand why some people don't like the series. There were characters I didn't like, episodes I thought was rubbish... But I've watched hundreds of anime, and I'm used to, for example, the stereotypical phenomenon where every girl/guy is in love with the main character. It's annoying and unrealistic, but I don't focus on that. Aayup, I really enjoy the show, but I can understand those who do not. :yogi:
I will defeat you with the power of my deduction table slamming!

http://www.90Malik90.deviantart.com - Please visit! :yogi:

Mr. Thunder wrote:
You can't have a series without major, secondary, and minor characters.

Yeah, but they had too much minor characters. And it seemed to me that they were trying too hard to "important-ize" the minor characters.

Mr. Thunder wrote:
I don't see why you all hate the series. It's a great show, original, well-written, and realistic (for a mecha show, it's very tactical.)

If you watch it over and over again, you'll hate it. Some characters' abilities are waaaayyy too exaggerated and some characters are freakin disposable and there are just some characters that really becomes the reason why youre watching Code Geass, i.e. Xingke and Jeremiah.

spr fckn srs peepz

MrCrowley wrote:
To all of you who are jumping at each other, take it easy. Everyone's just expressing their opinions. If you don't understand, then that's fine. I can understand why some people don't like the series. There were characters I didn't like, episodes I thought was rubbish... But I've watched hundreds of anime, and I'm used to, for example, the stereotypical phenomenon where every girl/guy is in love with the main character. It's annoying and unrealistic, but I don't focus on that. Aayup, I really enjoy the show, but I can understand those who do not. :yogi:

So you tolerate hundreds of shitty anime out of "understanding"?

Man that must be a bad existence for you.
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

i feel pretty

messina wrote:
Mr. Thunder wrote:
You can't have a series without major, secondary, and minor characters.

Yeah, but they had too much minor characters. And it seemed to me that they were trying too hard to "important-ize" the minor characters.

I second this.

*Uses Phoenix Down on the thread*

Code Geass S3: Lelouch of the Ressurrection was announced, and it is all I have been thinking about lately. What the hell are you planning to do, Sunrise? I hope it is very damn good, and not just some crap invented to make money out of fanservice.

Anyway. Lelouch, the prince and the rebel. Lelouch, the tyrant and the savior of the people. And as he said, the one who destroys, and the one who constructs. How complex a character can be? I can think of few anime characters as remarkable as he is.

And I gotta say, people comparing him to Light Yagami bothers me sometimes, mostly because

Spoiler:
They are similar in superficial ways, but completely different in essence.

Light's goal is to oppress/control people through fear, Lelouch ultimately wants to free people.

Both kill and lie to achieve their objectives, but Light goes on and on about how he is justice, Lelouch recognizes he is a necessary evil.

Light is completely mechanic and unemotional, Lelouch is a storm of emotions.

And lastly, Light's death was kind of pathetic. Lelouch died beautifully, sacrificed himself and proved to be willing to throw life away for his ideals.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

This series was fantastic back in the day. I'm hoping to introduce it to my brother soon before R3 comes out. Aside from Rolo..... I'm really looking forward to rewatching the series. :)

And I agree, I hope R3 will actually have good plot and character development and isn't some cash grab. It's just hard to imagine what R3 will bring as I feel the series ended so fantastically.

I do hope R3 will go hardcore on the Pizza Hut product placement. It isn't Code Geass without Pizza Hut shoved in my face. XD

As for the whole Light and Lelouch comparison, I can see how they're compared as they're both intelligent and cunning, but the way they operate as characters, as well as their motives and sense of self are very very different. To be honest, the comparison makes little sense to me as they have very little in common outside their intelligence. And even then, Light eventually loses his cool and throws away all his rationale whereas Lelouch doesn't.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:
And even then, Light eventually loses his cool and throws away all his rationale whereas Lelouch doesn't.

Spoiler: R2
I'd say Lelouch ordering the Black Knights to slaughter the Geass Order after Shirley's death would count as "losing his cool"

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:
And even then, Light eventually loses his cool and throws away all his rationale whereas Lelouch doesn't.

Spoiler: R2
I'd say Lelouch ordering the Black Knights to slaughter the Geass Order after Shirley's death would count as "losing his cool"

Honestly forgot about that, but it has been years since I've seen the series. XD

But from what I remember, Light pretty much spiraled whereas LeLouch would more so have his moments. But yeah, I'm probably long overdue for a rewatch so I can re-access my opinions on the characters.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:
And I agree, I hope R3 will actually have good plot and character development and isn't some cash grab. It's just hard to imagine what R3 will bring as I feel the series ended so fantastically.

I do hope R3 will go hardcore on the Pizza Hut product placement. It isn't Code Geass without Pizza Hut shoved in my face. XD

The more I think about it, the more I feel kind of skeptical about R3. My expectations are low, too, but I'll give Sunrise the benefit of the doubt. Who knows. Maybe the writers had creative ideas. Anyway, I'm anxious as hell about it :P
And yup, C.C. eating Pizza Hut in the middle of mecha fights and political turmoil, that can't be missing :shoe:

dullahan1 wrote:
As for the whole Light and Lelouch comparison, I can see how they're compared as they're both intelligent and cunning, but the way they operate as characters, as well as their motives and sense of self are very very different. To be honest, the comparison makes little sense to me as they have very little in common outside their intelligence. And even then, Light eventually loses his cool and throws away all his rationale whereas Lelouch doesn't.

I agree, the only superficial similarities between Lelouch and Light, is that they are both handsome and intelligent. But their worldviews and philosophies are actually very different. Ep 24 from Code Geass R2 shows that. It is actually one of my favourite dialogues in the series:

Spoiler:
Schneizel wanted to use the Damocles as a tool to make people live "in peace". Peace out of fear. Basically, controlling people. Not very different from Light's philosophy, who wanted to control the world through fear, too. Then there is this dialogue between Lelouch and Schneizel:

Lelouch: "I have a question. Were you intending to use the Damocles as a tool to dominate the world?"
Schneizel: "I wasn't. I only wanted to give everyone what they wanted. To bring peace to civilization."
Lelouch: "Disregarding human nature?"
Schneizel: "That's a matter of opinion."
Lelouch: "Then you actually imagined that you could maintain the world in a perpetual state of now, but life without change might be called anything except life. It's nothing more than experience."

So, that's the difference. Lelouch believes life has to flow. It is not static. It is not meant to be paralysed or controlled by fear.

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

I'm just hoping they get all the original dub actors back where possible. Although as long as JYB and Kate Higgins return, I'll be happy.

I'm also hoping they actually have a good plan for this series and that this isn't a cash grab. Code Geass is in my top ten favorite anime series, so to see it ruined by a poorly thought out 3rd season would be pretty sad. Really though, the one thing I would ask for them is that they don't end the series pairing Lelouch up with Kallen. I understand there are probably fans of that pairing that would feel the same way about them pairing up Lelouch and C.C., so it's probably better that they don't go beyond ship tease in both cases. Although, I won't complain if they pair up Lelouch and C.C.

I don't know why, but for some reason I just imagined Lelouch starting out the first season borrowing the opening dialogue from The Flash.

Spoiler: Flash Parody
"My name is Lelouch vi Britannia, and I am the most strategic man alive. When I was a child, I saw my mother killed by something impossible, then a contract made me the impossible. To the outside world, I'm an ordinary high school student, but secretly, I use my geass to fight the Britannian regime and find other geass users like me. And someday, I'll find who killed my mother, and get revenge against my father. I am... Zero."

Ace Procrastinator

Oh cool, I didn't know that this thread existed lol. I'm a huge Code Geass fan. I just hope that R3 doesn't have that much angst in it, as that often made me want to just stop watching the series, but I'm glad that I didn't lol. Also just putting this out there: I hate the black knights. They're just useless, idiotic jerks who will always be losers without Lelouch.

@TheDoctor I'm a huge Lelouch/C.C. shipper. Going to give my reasons here:

Lelouch and C.C. share a deep emotional connection. They know about each other's most deep desires and each other's stories. C.C. is the person who changed Lelouch's life the most, and vice-versa. Lelouch is proud as hell, but C.C. is able to deal with his pride. C.C. can be very aloof and detached, but Lelouch is able to get reactions out of her. Their personalities "blend" well. Not to mention that after all that happened, I don't think Lelouch will be able to live like a common human being anymore. It would make more sense for him to end up with the "witch".

Now compare this with Lelouch's relationship with Kallen. What united them was the fact that they shared a goal: destroy Britannia. Kallen idolized the figure of Zero in the beginning, but she never really understood Lelouch at a very deep level - the person behind the mask. Lelouch never, or very rarely opened up about his genuine feelings to Kallen. I always saw him as very distant from her, in the sense of not exposing to her his inner emotional world. In the end of R2, Emperor!Lelouch and Kallen have a dialogue, and Lelouch is simply speechless. Kallen wants to get emotional with him - she kisses him, and again, he is with that depressed face, speechless. He doesn't want to hurt her, but he obviously doesn't want to lie, either. So he doesn't say anything, only "goodbye". He doesn't even share part of his plans with her. Does he respect her? Yeah, for sure, especially as a battle mate. Does he see her as a friend and feel responsible for her to some extent? Sure. Are there some scenes pointing to sexual tension between them? Sure. But there is zero emotional intimacy between them. And I can't even "see" a relationship with Lelouch and Kallen working in the future. There are some couples I ship, because I see the potential of it working out in the future. But I just don't see it with Lelouch and Kallen. I don't feel their personalities "blend" well, and don't see strong chemistry at all. When Kallen is kidnapped during R2, Lelouch promises to save her, sure, but for the most part he doesn't think about her. While she is in danger, he is completely focused on other problems. He is not in a hurry to save her at all. She had luck that Nunnally was there to protect her and treat her with dignity while she was a prisoner of the Britannians.

To be honest, I'm very stubborn and narrow-minded when it comes to my ships. Cuz there are ships I just can't understand, as much as I try to, mainly because I don't feel the "chemistry". Lelouch/Kallen is an example, Phoenix/Maya is another, Ichigo/Orihime from Bleach, too.

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

I couldn't have said it better myself. Of course, the writers said that Lelouch x C.C. wasn't canon, and that their relationship was merely one of mutual respect or perhaps surrogate mother and son. Then again, these are the same writers who said Lelouch was killed off for real, so...
Page 3 of 3 [ 106 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios