Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

DNR's Fanfics (Miego fic currently ongoing) Update: 9/15 '10Topic%20Title

Proud PxM shipper.

Title: Three Truths and a Contradiction
Author: DNR
Rating: T (or PG-13... Whatever.)
Genre: Romance
Pairing: Phoenix and Maya
Summary: The case against Iris has just ended. It's a rainy day. Phoenix and Maya don't really have anything to do. So, they play a game. The two of them have spent three years of their lives together. They certainly had feelings for each other, but were these feelings strictly platonic?

Spoiler: Chapter 1: The Game
The pitter patter of raindrops on the window of Wright and Co. Law Offices mocked Nick and Maya, for it was a constant reminder that there wasn’t much they could do. Not a single good movie was playing at the cinema, they were terrible at bowling, and a walk in the park was certainly out of the question.

Maya was lying on the couch watching the television. Her right arm was curled under her head, her left hanging on the side of the couch. The remote was freeing itself from her grip, willing her to fall asleep and dream of being in a world less boring… and yet a world that wasn’t drastically exciting. Her mother’s death had taken quite a toll on her. She hadn’t seen her mother in seventeen years and when they finally reunited, her mother had died for her sake. Maya closed her eyes, recounting the events of that day. The happenings that day were playing through her head like an endless film. Tears started to well up in her eyes.

I have to be strong, she thought.

Nick was sitting at his desk, doodling on a piece of paper. He was drawing the woman lying on the couch before him. The empathy he had for Maya was quite large. He felt more than just pity for her, though. He felt many emotions, one of them possibly being romance. Three years they spent together, enduring some of the toughest times. She had always been there for him. Nick wondered if her sister, Mia, would approve of him being romantic with her sister. He sighed. Then, his mind wandered toward all Mia had taught him over the years. She didn’t just teach him how to unravel a testimony by pointing out contradictions. She also taught him to find out the truth using their lies. Suddenly, it came to him. What if he could use contradictions for fun? What if he made a game out of them?

Isn’t there a game called ‘Three Truths and a Lie’, he wondered. Then, he remembered. It was a popular game to play during all of his years of schooling.

“Maya?” he called out.

“Mmm? Yes, Nick?”

“Are you bored?”

“Very much so.”

“Would you be interested in playing a game?”

“A game? What kind of game? I love games!”

“I know. This one is similar to ‘Three Truths and a Lie’.”

“I know that game.”

“But, this one has a twist. You give four statements. Three of them are true, but one is a lie!”

“Sounds just like ‘Three Truths and a Lie’ to me.”

“Here’s the twist. I would have to point out the contradiction and use evidence to support my claim.”

“Oh, I get it! Let’s play!”

Maya seemed rather enthusiastic to be playing this game. Then again, who wouldn’t want to play a game on a gruesome rainy day?

“Okay then,” Nick prefaced, “Ladies first.”

“Thank you! Umm… Let’s see… Ah, I’ve got it! I drew on a scroll as a child, I never broke the Sacred Urn, I don’t care for the strong scent of flowers, and I love the circus.”

“That’s an easy one! Statement two is obviously a lie.”

“Mr. Attorney, do you have evidence to back your claim?”

“Yes I do. This photo which was in the talisman clearly proves my point. In the picture, you and Mia are trying to put the urn back together again.”

“Well done, Nick. Your turn!”

“Okay. I need to think of a hard one because you’re so sharp!”

Maya’s face looked rather puzzled at the compliment.

What was that about, Phoenix, he asked himself. He felt embarrassed about the cheesiness of his compliment. It was way too obvious. He thought of his lie… he just wished he had thought through his truths first.

“I am about 5’8’’, my hair has always been spiky, I’ve never cleaned a toilet in my life, and I really lik-…”

He stopped himself. Nick knew what he almost divulged to Maya. He almost told her his feelings for her. She seemed a little confused. Did she know what he was about to say? Did she have a clue? This just added to his embarrassment.

“What was that, Nick? I didn’t catch it.”

“I-I-I…”

He had to think quickly.

Use your wit, Phoenix, he encouraged himself.

“I really like the color blue!”

Maya slightly tilted her head. Then she started laughing. He wondered if she was laughing at what he said or laughing at his poor attempt to cover up what he almost revealed.

“Nick, Nick, Nick. You couldn’t come up with a better truth than that? Here I was, worried that you’d come up with something mind-boggling. Ha ha ha.”

“Was that a mercy laugh?”

Nick made that face he usually made when he was feeling down about himself. Maya’s expression changed. Little did she know it was because he was embarrassed about what he almost slipped-up.

“N-Nick… You’re making me feel bad. I didn’t mean it. I was teasing.”

“I know…”

“Then what’s the matter?”

“Nothing. I guess I got a little carried away with my sensitivity. So, c’mon! Finish this game.”

“Okay. Statement three is obviously a lie. Don’t forget that time you cleaned the toilet twice in two days!”

“Where’s your evidence?”

“I can prove my case via testimony! I’ll call up Pearly right now!”

“Ahhh, that’s not necessary! I get it! I confess! You’re right!”

“Ahahaha yes! I knew it.”

“So, Maya, would you like to go out for a bite?”

“Sure! I’m starved!”

Nick was relieved that Maya didn’t know. He wanted to keep his feelings a secret until he was sure about them himself. Besides, she was going through a tough time. Her mother had just passed away and she inherited the heavy responsibility of being the Master of Kurain. It seemed that the game took her mind off of things. They would have to play it some time again. The two of them both had a lot on their minds.

Title: Law, Lust, and Coffee
Author: DNR
Rating: T (or PG-13)
Genre: Romance
Pairing: Diego and Mia
Summary: Mia Fey starts her first day at Grossberg Law Offices. Of course, she encounters many interesting people there. However, does she expect to encounter the love of her life? (Chapter two starts on page six of this thread.)

Spoiler: Chapter 1: Perv Alert
Mia Fey was very flustered on her first day at Grossberg Law Offices. She took a few deep breaths before walking in. The receptionist was busily working when she finally entered the office. He was an athletic looking man with short blond hair and blue eyes. He raised his eyebrows when he saw her. He put his right elbow on the table and rested his chin in his hand. Mia gave him a confused look. Was he checking her out?

“May I… help you, ma’am?”

“Y-yes… I’m here to see Mr. Grossberg. My name is Mia Fey. Today’s my first day.”

“Mmm… so it is. Well, first and foremost, I would like to say this law office is very happy to have you here… well, at least I am…”

Perv alert.

“Thank you…”

“I’m Rodney. Rodney Ardor.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Ardor.”

“Oh, you can call me Rodney. We’re coworkers now.”

“Thank you. May I see Mr. Grossberg now?”

“Yes, you may. Down the hall, last door on the left.”

“Thanks.”

Mia strutted off. Rodney seemed to be a bit of a womanizer to her. He kind of creeped her out. She knocked on Grossberg’s door.

“Ah yes! Come in, come in.”

Mia did as he ordered.

“Ah, Mia! Sit down!”

She did as he said again. The first thing she noticed was a giant, obnoxious painting on the wall. It was of a man in a straw hat.

“So, I see you noticed my prized painting!”

“Yes… it’s, erm, lovely.”

“It’s not for sale though! I won’t sell it!”

“I wasn’t thinking of…”

“The answer is no! I won’t even sell it to Mr. Armando!”

“Mister who?”

“Armando. Diego Armando. He is one of my finest litigators.”

“Oh, I see. I haven’t met him yet.”

“Ah, yes. You will meet him soon enough.”

“It would be an honor, sir.”

“I would like to start you out with some of this paperwork.”

Grossberg picked up a huge stack of files and placed them on his desk. Mia’s eyes widened when she saw them.

“N-no problem…”

“Just fill out what you need to, file it, and get the correct files to the correct attorneys. Maybe you’ll meet Mr. Armando sooner than you thought. I’m pretty sure there are a few of his files in here.”

“It’s my pleasure, sir.”

“I’ll show you to your office and help you carry some of these files.”

“Thank you.”

The two of them carried the files, took a turn to go down another hall, and went into Mia’s office. It was a little bigger than she expected. The room wasn’t too small, but it wasn’t too big either. They placed the files onto Mia’s new desk.

“This is where I leave you, Mia. Good luck!”

He shut the door behind him. Mia immediately started her work. She didn’t know why, but she smelled a distant scent of coffee.

It’s an office, Mia. There’s bound to be coffee.

She then had the sudden urge to have some coffee. So, she pulled out her thermos, and opened the lid. All of a sudden, a strange man came barging into her office. She jumped. The man in the striped vest and red shirt smelled the scent of the room. He sighed with his eyes closed. Then, he opened his eyes, looking at the still shocked Mia.

“I smelled coffee,” he explained.

“W-what? What are you doing here?”

“Well, I wouldn’t exactly call that a warm greeting, newbie.”

He made his way out of the door frame and walked towards Mia. He extended his hand out to her, indicating a handshake.

“Diego Armando.”

“Mia Fey… oh, so YOU’RE Mr. Armando!”

“That’s me, Kitten.”

“K-kitten?”

“You’re cute and seemingly timid… y’know, like a kitten.”

Mia blushed a little. It seemed Mr. Armando had more of an effect on her than Rodney Ardor did.

“Why, thank you, Mr. Armando.”

“You’re very welcome, Kitten. I should probably head back to my office… which is actually next door to this office.”

“Well, I guess that makes you my office neighbor.”

Office neighbor? That was all you could come up with, Mia?! That’s so cheesy!

Diego gave a laugh.

“Indeed it does.”

“Hey, is that why I smelled coffee here?”

“Darker than a moonless night… hotter and more bitter than the depths of Hell itself… that is coffee.”

“Okaaay? That doesn’t answer my question, though.”

“Then, the answer is yes. I take mine black. Is it fair to assume you take yours with cream and sugar? Kittens like their dairy products.”

“How’d you…?! Yes…”

“Ha…! I thought so.”

“Hmph.”

“Well, I should go back to work. See you later.”

“Bye…”

He walked out. Diego Armando… what an interesting man. Mia sighed and took the packets of cream and sugar out of her bag.

ImageClick sig to go to my sig thread. If you would like one, you may request. Devoted Phoenix and Maya shipper. Also a Diego and Mia shipper.
My fanfic thread. Law, Lust, and Coffee currently ongoing (Miego).

Last edited by DefenseNeverRests on Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:48 pm, edited 49 times in total.
Re: Three Truths and a Contradiction (Phoenix and Maya)Topic%20Title

....E.S.P is no aid in detecting sarcasm

OMG!OMG!OMG! that was utterly amazing! carry on writing!!! i wannna know what happens nex!
maya and phoenix have to end getting married or something equally cheesy and cute!!!!!!
:godot: :maya: plus, i totally agree with the pairing!!!!
WRITE! PLEASE..... or i will personally hunt you out and torture you until you write more!lol :godot:
Fan of paramore, ace attorney, drugs, and the will to live.

hubby is the awesome jaydrick0620!
my darling children are Miyako Chinatsu and slezac and apollajustice
sons in law , yaragorm and eliasbloodmoon
love you guys!

lame alert

immense!!! that is totally awesome!! u b good at writing!!!! i wanna no what happens neeext!!!
(yes, i am a sucker for romances)
Image My fanfic fanart
Click the sig for my graphics :) requests taken.
Deviantart
sig nd avvi thanx 2 my boredom:)

sucker for romances? join da club!!!!!!
:godot:

love you guys!

lame alert

you always lead people off topic!!!
(miles reminiscence i mean) :godot:
Image My fanfic fanart
Deviantart

still vaguely on topic. still, i take the hint. didnt you just love the style that was written in? and the amount of description was perfect, not rambling but not too little either

love you guys!

Proud PxM shipper.

Thanks, guys! Yes, I will keep writing this. I may get the second chapter up tonight or tomorrow.
ImageClick sig to go to my sig thread. If you would like one, you may request. Devoted Phoenix and Maya shipper. Also a Diego and Mia shipper.

You'd better be nice to Mr. Judge!

I'll be looking forward to it! I like the story so far, I wonder where it's going. =)

*awesome quote*

Awesome desu~ -sorry, i had to-
Please continue ^^
Sig by the wonderful Blinq!
Thank you~

Aww, that was cute and amusing so far.

「これが、モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」

Haha, I dig how Nick almost blew it up without noticing. xD
If videogames make murderers, then guns kill people and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
MyAnimeList | My PW/AA Stuff and Translations | My fic thread

Proud PxM shipper.

New chapter!!!!! Thanks guys for all the compliments!

Spoiler: Chapter 2: Fighting The Feeling
Maya and Nick arrived back at the office after going out to dinner. They both plopped themselves on the couch. Nick let out a sigh of exhaustion. He turned on the television. Maya just leaned her head back and closed her eyes. She had a great time with Nick. They ate burgers and just chatted about random topics. She was comfortable with talking to Nick about almost everything. Actually, she was comfortable around him all together.

Do I love him?

Maya pondered over that question for a long time. She didn’t even notice the television. Nick turned it off and did a big yawn stretching his arms in the air. He put a hand on Maya’s leg as if prefacing something. Her heart started beating really fast.

“Well, Maya, I think I’m going to hit the sack.”

“Okay…”

She felt a little down. Lately, she didn’t like sleeping alone in her room just above the office. It was hard to sleep knowing that her mother was really gone. She frowned and slightly hung her head down. Nick extended his hand out towards Maya. She gave him yet another puzzled look. What was he about to do? Then, it immediately hit her. He was trying to help her sleep tonight.

“C’mon, Maya.”

She found herself putting her hand into his. He led her up the stairs and to her bedroom. Maya’s bed was big enough for the two of them.

“I’m going to get changed. I’ll be right back. I promise.”

Maya nodded her head in understanding… the understanding that he really would keep his promise. Nick closed the door behind him. Maya gave a wistful sigh and sat down on her bed. Nick was so caring and compassionate. He always looked out for her. She was now convinced. Maya Fey was smitten for Phoenix Wright.

Once Maya had finished confirming her suspicions about her feelings, she changed into her pajamas. They were purple flannels. Shortly after, Nick knocked on the door.

“Come in, Nick!”

Nick opened the door and walked in. He was wearing his satin blue pajamas. They were his favorite… and they were Maya’s favorite as well. Nick smiled at her. Her heart melted. He pulled down the covers. They both climbed into the bed. Nick turned off the lamp that lit the room. He flung an arm around Maya’s torso and pulled her closer towards him. She put her arm around him. Her face was lightly pressed against Phoenix’s chest.

“Good night, Maya,” Nick breathed.

“Good night, Nick.”

Silence infiltrated the room. Maya’s eyes were closed. Her mind wandered. She remembered how she would sleep over at Mia’s apartment. Those were the less stressful days. Now, Maya’s mother passed away, meaning she was now the Master of Kurain, and she has to play the roll of a big sister for little Pearl. At least she had Nick there to support her. He would listen to whatever she said.

“Nick…?”

“Yes, Maya?”

He’s awake?

“Have you ever felt like the weight of the world was on your shoulders?”

Nick paused before answering.

“Well… I suppose that I have a couple of times.”

“Oh…”

“Maya… is that how you feel right now?”

She nodded. He must’ve felt her nod. He tightened his grip around her. He rested his head near her head.

“… You don’t need to worry. I’m here.”

“… I know.”

Nick stirred slightly. He could see a glimmer of the morning light through a small crack between the blinds. He smelled a scent of vanilla. Nick quickly realized it was Maya. Why Maya carried that particular scent something he didn’t know. He liked it all the same. Maya appeared to still be asleep. She looked so adorable when she slept. Her mouth was somewhat agape, her breathing steady. He didn’t want this moment to end. To savor the moment, he held her tighter. Phoenix felt her head move into his chest. Did he wake her up? She didn’t say a word or even make a sound. He gently brushed her bangs out of her eyes.

I can’t fight this feeling…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maya opened her eyes just a little bit. All she could see was Nick’s blue satin pajama shirt. She felt how soft his pajamas were. His grip around her seemed to tighten just after she closed her eyes again. A moment later, she buried her head in his chest. She couldn’t help herself. Anytime Maya was with him, she felt safe. Nick was her sanctuary. His hand brushed her bangs out of her eyes. She then couldn’t help but smile. He must’ve seen her.

“Morning,” Phoenix quietly said.

“Good morning.”

“Did you sleep well?”

“Mmhmm. You?”

“Yes, I did.”

“I was only able to sleep well last night because you were here,” Maya whispered. She didn’t plan on saying what she did. It just came out. He grinned.

“Listen, Maya. If you need anything at all, don’t hesitate to ask. Whatever you need, I’m at your service.”

“… Thank you, Nick.”

They exchanged smiles.

“Well, we better start getting ready. We have to pick up Pearls today.”

“Right. I told her that we’d pick her up from Kurain at one o’clock.”

“Well, it is 9:30 now, so after we get ready, we should head straight for the train station. We have to catch the eleven o’clock train.”

“That sounds right. Okay, so you can go in the shower first since you usually take longer. In the meantime, I’ll call Pearl and check up on her.”

“Sounds good to me.”

The two of them exited the bed. Phoenix headed for the shower, Maya for the telephone.

I have to ask Pearly for a big favor.

“Hello?” answered the other line.
“Pearly! How are you this morning?”

“Mystic Maya! I am very excited to see you and Mr. Nick! How are you?”

“I am okay, I guess. Listen, Pearly, I have a huge favor to ask you when you come.”

“Anything for you, Mystic Maya!”

“I need you to channel my sis… It’s important. I need to ask her a couple of questions that have been bugging me. She is the only one that can answer them.”

“Okay! That’s no problem!”

“Really?! Thank you sooo much, Pearly! Is your suitcase packed?”

“Yes! I just need to pack my toothbrush!”

“Well, you don’t want to forget that. We’ll go out to dinner tonight. I’ll probably have you channel sometime after dinner.”

“Okay! Don’t worry, Mystic Maya! You don’t need to worry about me. This will help me train, too.”

“Okay. Well, I have to go and finish getting ready. Do not forget to pack your toothbrush! I’ll see you soon, Pearly!”

“Okay. Bye, Mystic Maya.”

She hung up. Maya made her bed. She needed to talk to her sister. Mia was the only person who she could talk to about what she was feeling about anything, whether it was about being a big sister to one without a mother, preparing for being Kurain’s Master, coping with the loss of her mother, or especially her feelings about Phoenix.

wow, sooooo cute!!!!!!!! nick is sooooo sweet! you cab majorly write!!! ive probably said it before but its true!!!!!!! i love that story :maya: :phoenix:

love you guys!

lame alert

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! that is soo awesome. soooo sweet!! awwwwwwwwww!!! please carry on writing it!!! it is amazing!!!! i wouldnt be suprised if you could get a novel published! you are an awesome writer!!!!!
Image My fanfic fanart
Deviantart

seconded! :godot:

love you guys!

[Words]

This is a great P/M story. :gant:

Proud PxM shipper.

Again, I thank everyone for their praise. So, for you guys, I have a treat. A NEW CHAPTER! This one is longer than the other two.

Spoiler: Chapter 3: A Melodic Day
The time was 12:34pm. Phoenix and Maya had almost arrived at Kurain Village. An awkward silence filled the train car. The two of them sat on the left side of the car in seats across from each other. Nick was reading the newspaper while Maya fiddling with her magatama and looking out the window. She was thinking about what to ask Mia first. There were so many things on her mind.

“Did you hear about this, Maya?” Nick asked, still reading the paper. His left leg was crossed over his right leg.

“Hear about what?”

“Mr. Powers is going to star in a new series. It’s called ‘The Copper Samurai’.”

“That’s great! I can’t wait to watch it! When does it start?”

“Not until July 21st.”

“Aw, darn.”

The awkward silence once again raided the train car. Maya was now looking down to the floor. Nick folded his paper and put it on his lap.

“Is there something you want to talk about, Maya?”

“Like what?”

“Like whatever is on your mind.”

“Nah. I just need to talk to Mia. Pearly is going to channel her for me tonight.”

“Hmm… Maya, come over here.”

Nick patted the open seat next to him, indicating that he wanted Maya to sit there. She obliged. When she sat down, Nick threw his arm around her shoulders.

“Are you sure there’s nothing you want to tell me?”

“Nick, I’m sure. I just…”

“You just…?”

“Before, everything seemed relaxed and sort of routine. Work on a case, gather evidence, prove the client’s innocence… Maybe get kidnapped or put on trial once in a while…”

Nick chuckled. He regretted it afterwards even though Maya didn’t object. She seemed to intend for that last remark to be comedic because she chuckled a little too.

“But… Now, everything is so rushed and stressful. I-it’s too much pressure. Nothing seems to be simple at all anymore. It’s as if my life is a movie and someone just hit the fast forward button. Everything is happening too fast.”

The tears started to come again. However, she let them fall this time. No one was on the train to witness Nick cradling Maya as she released the pain she bottled up. He had pulled her legs up onto him and took her onto his lap. Nick didn’t say a word, for he wanted her to let it all out. It wasn’t healthy for her to bottle up all of these feelings. If she did, she would surely break one day in a possibly tragic way. Her face buried into his chest once again. He stroked her hair as she cried and held onto her tightly. He wanted her to know that he was there for her. Finally, the sorrowful sobs had subsided. Maya remained on Nick’s lap the rest of the way to Kurain. Then, the train had been put to a halt. They had arrived.

“MYSTIC MAYA! MR. NICK!” Pearl shouted.

“Pearls! How are you?”

“I’m very happy now that you two are here! How are you, Mr. Nick?”

“I’m rather swell. Well, are you ready to go?”

“Yes, I am!”

“Do you have your suitcase and everything?”

“Yes, I do.”

“Then let’s head off!”

Once again, Maya and Nick had departed on the train, but this time, they were accompanied by Pearl Fey. Needless to say, their train ride would be a little chattier than the last. Right after they departed, Pearl started singing.

“Over the river and through the woods, to Mr. Nick’s house we go!”

She kept singing for almost an hour.

“Pearly, you didn’t get into the sugar today, did you?”

“Nope. I’m just excited to be with you two love birds!”

“P-P-Pearly! That’s enough!”

Nick started humming the ‘Wheels on the Bus’ song, except it was Pearl’s version. She replaced the word ‘bus’ with the word ‘train’.

“Ack! Those songs are contagious!”

Maya and Pearl started giggling.

“Yeah, yeah. Very funny, girls.”

His heart sank when he said ‘girls’. Maya was no longer a ‘girl’. She was now actually a young woman.

An attractive young woman at that.

After coming back from a dinner at their usual burger joint, Nick went to take a cold shower.

“Why do you need to do that, Nick? It’s not like you were sweating today.”

“Oh, you have no idea, Maya.”

“What, were you hot on that AIR CONDITIONED train or something?”

“Hey, it’s pretty warm for March.”

“True. Well, go ahead and take your shower.”

Nick entered the bathroom. He took off his suit and was in his underwear. He placed his palms on the ends of the sink and hung his head down. He then looked up into the mirror. These feelings he had for Maya were ones he couldn’t shake. Phoenix Wright was falling in love with Maya Fey.

Hopefully, this cold shower will cool me off enough to help me keep my composure in front of her.

------------------------------------------------------

Maya and Pearl were in Maya’s room. The door was closed. Pearl was sitting with her back inches away from the left side of the bed. Maya sat across from her.

“Mystic Maya, should I channel Mystic Mia right now?”

“Are you up for it right now, Pearly?”

“Yes, I am.”

“Okay. Then, let’s give it a go!”

Pearl closed her eyes and seemed to be in a state which she looked to be meditating. Then, the deed was done. Mia opened her eyes and saw Maya sitting there in front of her.

“S-sis…” Maya uttered.

“Maya…”

The two sisters exchanged a hug. Maya sniffled as Mia rubbed her back. Then, Maya crawled next to her sister. The two of them leaned their backs against Maya’s bed.

“So, you had Pearl channel me?”

“Y-yeah… she said she would. I needed to just talk to you.”

“Ah, I see. I’m sure you’ve had plenty on your mind.”

Maya closed her eyes and nodded.

“Some of those thoughts have to do with my responsibilities. Some of them don’t.”

“Hmm… Well, what do you want to talk about first? By the way, where is Phoenix? Is he cleaning that toilet again?”

Maya laughed.

“How’d you know about that?”

“He would clean it when I was alive as well.”

“Oh. Well, he’s in… he’s in the shower. He said he got… h-hot.”

Mia gave a baffled look. Why the pause? Also, why did Maya stammer when she said ‘hot’?

“Maya, what’s with the pauses?”

“Pauses? What pauses? Where?!”

“When you said Phoenix is in the shower, you paused. You also stammered when you said the word ‘hot’.”

“Did I, now?”

“I think you know you did. Perhaps… could it be that my baby sister is attracted to my apprentice?!”

“What a… an interesting idea!”

“I’m right! I knew it! Our very own Maya Fey has the hots for our very own Phoenix Wright!”

“Mia, that’s absurd!”

“No it’s not! It makes perfect sense! I knew for quite some time that there was a special connection between the two of you.”

“Fine! I admit it! I was going to tell you anyway. I just didn’t expect to be telling you like this. That’s one of the things I wanted to talk about.”

“Oh, really?”

“Mia… You know what it’s like, right? Having to say goodbye to the one you love.”

Mia knew exactly what she was talking about. She was referring to Diego and how he was taken from her due to the poisoning.

“Yes, I do. Go on.”

“I’m the Master now. Eventually, I am going to have to leave Nick to carry on with my duties in Kurain. I-I-I don’t want that day to come, Mia! I love him so much!”

Mia hugged her sister. She knew how Maya felt. It’s hard to leave someone when you love them so deeply. It’s like leaving behind a big part of your life.

“Maya… it’s not the same situation I was in. Diego was taken from me suddenly. I’m sure that you and Phoenix will work something out. You guys always seem to make things work. I know you’ll work this out. You will be able to fulfill your duties while still being with Phoenix.”

“Y-you think so?”

“I know so.”

Their conversation stopped at the sound of a door opening. It was followed by the sound of a man singing. It was Phoenix. They knew it was him from the sound of his voice.

“You’ve got me caught in a snare I can’t escape,” he sang, “My dear, for you I paint this landscape of love. So, please don’t cry. Please don’t fear. I am here.”

This is my Path, my Dream, my Choice

Oh wow! This is getting good. I can't wait til the next chapter.

**Special Thanks to Dekuran for the Awesome Siggy and Nadindi for the Cool Avatar!**

Kristoph~!

I love it! And I love it even more because it's Maya and Phoenix
Cant wait for the next chap! =D

Thanks Purple Angel =D

I LOVE IT!!!!! big fan of maya and phoenix!!!!!!!!! :godot: that is soooo cute!!!!!

love you guys!

lame alert

awwwwww!!! i was almost in tears... thatis just so well written. please say it'll get sorted out!!! otherwise somefield will find kleenex out of stock!
phoenix singing. oh. my. god. :phoenix:
all the ingrediants for a wondeful story!
you rock!!!
i now really wanna know what happens next!!! :sadshoe:
Image My fanfic fanart
Deviantart

Ha, I love Phoenix singing at the end. ^^ Nice chapters!

「これが、モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」

LAWLZ, nice song, Nick. This is exactly the kind of way you get things blown with a nuke when you least expect it. XD
If videogames make murderers, then guns kill people and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

Proud PxM shipper.

CHAPTER FOUR IS UP!!!!

Spoiler: Chapter 4: Fulfilling Obligations
Mia wore a sly smile and was nodding her head as she just stared at the door. She thought about what Phoenix was singing. There wasn’t a single song she knew of with those lyrics. So, it looked like Phoenix had passionate feelings for Maya after all. Maya just sat there looking a little confused.

“Mia, what song was that? Who sings it?”

“Maya, I can’t think of any musician who sings a song with those lyrics.”

“So, why would he sing that?”

“There’s only one reason I could think of.”

Nick started singing as he walked out of the shower.

It should be fine. Pearls and Maya are probably playing a game.

He continued singing as he got dressed in his pajamas.

“Can you see promise in my eyes?

Baby, trust me, I tell no lies.

All of the problems of today

Will be gone if you come my way.”

Suddenly there was a knock on his door when Nick was buttoning up his blue plaid pajama shirt.

“Oh, Phoenix!” the voice said in a sing-song manner.

He immediately recognized the owner of that voice. It was the voice of Mia Fey. Nick smiled as he did the last button of his shirt. Then, he opened his bedroom door.

“I see that Pearls channeled you, as expected.”

“As expected?”

“Maya told me that Pearls would channel you tonight.”

“Ah, I see now. So, Phoenix, I have a question.”

“Shoot, Chief.”

“What was that song you were singing just now? It’s lovely.”

“’From Dusk to Dawn’.”

“Hmm… Who sings it? The recorded version, I mean.”

“… Um…”

“Phoenix…”

“Okay. I made it up. So what?”

“Why did you make up such a song?”

“Uh…”

“Was it because you were thinking about someone? Were you singing in your heart and then decided to sing out loud?”

“Mia…”

“So, spit it out, Phoenix. Who is it that makes you sing?”

“Gah…!”

Nick’s heart felt like it was beating a million miles per hour. He wasn’t sure if he should just tell Mia or if he should keep it a secret. Then, he made his decision. He decided to tell her. It wasn’t fair to keep Mia in the dark about such matters, especially if it involved her very own sister.

“Alright, Mia. You win. Where’s Maya?”

Bingo.

“She said she was going to take a shower. Why do you ask, Phoenix?”

Nick shook his head. She must’ve known why he asked. He could tell by her tone of voice that she at least suspected why.

“Well… I just don’t want her to know because… well… I was singing… about her. The song was about Maya.”

“… I see. So, you have fallen heels over head for my baby sister.”

“… Yes. I-I can’t help it. S-s-she’s just wonderful in every way. I admit it. I love her, Mia. I love her!”

“I know. You know what, Phoenix? I approve. I think that you two would be just right for each other.”

“R-really?!”

“Yes. Phoenix, right now, Maya is going through a very tough time. She needs someone to help support her. Someone who can comprehend what she’s going through. I think you are the one who can do those things. You are the one who can give her the love she needs and deserves.”

“Thanks Mia…”

“Sure thing, Phoenix. So, I have to ask. Are you going to go after her now?”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean you shouldn’t let her go. You have a chance to be her significant other.”

“She likes me like that, too?”

“She could. Just something to think about.”

With that, Mia walked out of the room, leaving Nick just standing there in deep thought. His love for Maya was deep. However, it made him nervous to think about telling her about his true feelings.

Can I really bring myself to tell Maya?

Maya was conditioning her hair. The steam from the shower fogged up the mirror. She was singing a song.

“Love is only a heartbeat away.
What is your answer? What do you say?
I am ready when you are ready.
This heart beats for you and you only.”

By the time she sang ‘only’, she was out of the shower and brushing through her long, soft hair. She put on her purple bath robe and walked back into her room. Mia sat on the bed. It appeared she was waiting for her.

“Mia, I need to change.”

“I’ll turn away. You had Pearl call me here to talk to me. So, that’s what I intend to do.”

“… Okay.”

Mia turned away as she said she would, her back facing Maya.

“So, Maya, you didn’t call me here just to talk about Phoenix, did you?”

“No. You also know what it’s like to have to take care of someone younger than you.”

“Yes, I do. Maya, you don’t need to worry about that too much. It’s easier than you think. You have others to help you out with that. Pearl will be a ten-year-old. I’m sure you can take care of her easily. Not only will you have people to help you, but I know that you have motherly qualities. You are caring and know exactly how children think.”

“You really think I can do it?”

“I know you can.”

“Thanks, sis… Oh, you can look now.”

Mia turned around. Maya was dressed up in her purple magatama-patterned nightgown.

“I still think you haven’t talked about everything.”

Maya didn’t say anything. She bit her lip.

“Come here, Maya.”

Maya walked over to Mia and sat next to her on the bed. Mia put her arms around her sister. Maya leaned her head onto Mia’s shoulder and clung onto the channeling costume her sister was forced to sport.

“Mother… I can’t believe she’s gone, Mia. I knew she was alive. I knew it! It was tough enough that she had fled from the village. But, now that she died… it’s especially hard since I know that she died for me.”

Mia rubbed Maya’s back, hoping it would comfort her.

“That she did. She loved us very much, Maya. Her death left a heavy burden on you. It is your duty to fulfill this burden. If you ever need Pearl to call me, you do just that. She will oblige. I know this is all tough on you. Whenever a tall order is called upon someone, it is natural to feel the way you do. It would be insane if someone didn’t. However, when the actual time comes to fulfill that order, it’s easier than you thought it would be. Believe me. I know.”

“How do you know?”

“When I defended Phoenix, it seemed like it would be extremely difficult. The evidence was stacked up against him. But, I was able to point out those contradictions with ease and won the case.”

“That’s true… Okay. I can do it, Sis. I will carry out that obligation.”

“That’s the spirit!”

There was a knock on the door. Maya got up to open it. There was only one person it could be.

“Hi there, Nick!”

“Hiya, Maya.”

“Well, well, well. Why are you interrupting this meeting, Phoenix?”

Nick shot Mia a dirty look. Maya gave a puzzled look while Mia delivered Nick a smirk in response. Of course Mia would tease him like this. She always teased him about personal matters, even when she was alive.

“Mia, can you excuse us, please? I have something important to discuss with Maya.”

“Sure thing, Phoenix. I’ll tidy up a little around here. After you two are done, I’ll say goodbye to you guys. I should give Pearl back her body soon.”

“Okay, Mia.”

With that, Mia exited the room. Nick sighed. His heart was beating faster than ever. Is it really time? Has it come to this already?

“So, Nick, what did you want to talk about?”

Before speaking, Nick motioned toward the bed.

“Sit down, Maya.”

Then Maya, although utterly confused, did as he said. She went back to where she sat earlier. Nick sat in the spot where Mia was.

“Is there something wrong, Nick?”

“Maya… there’s something I need to tell you. Something I need to get off a chest that I have been thinking about for a while now.”

“What is that, Nick?”

This is it, Phoenix. Don’t bail out now.

To tell or not to tell, that is the question. :pealshock: Next chapteeeer!
Re: Three Truths and a Contradiction (Phoenix & Maya) Ch.5 7/28Topic%20Title

And a samurai slap!

Aiiiii! I can't wait! That was an evil, evil ending to the chapter.
(yet so amazing)
Want one? Go to the Nick & Maya fan club, page 89, and scroll. You should find it pretty easily!

Base credit to KawaiiHannah

Proud PxM shipper.

Haha I apologize for my evilness, but I just HAD to do that. Chapter five will be up tonight.

「これが、モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」

I only have one small complaint about this -- post-TT Nick doesn't feel like he'd snap out the way he did in front of Mia, and it doesn't feel like Maya would be that oblivious either to Nick's need of "talking to her". Otherwise, it was an enjoyable chapter.

Proud PxM shipper.

Okay. Don't worry. The next chapter is supposed to be what Maya is thinking and it involves Mia's thought process as well. I wouldn't say Maya is necessarily confused and Phoenix knows by now that Mia wouldn't totally stay out of the conversation. That's just a little hint.

*awesome quote*

Looking forward to the next chapter ^^
Sig by the wonderful Blinq!
Thank you~

Ooooh! I can't wait til the next chapter!

**Special Thanks to Dekuran for the Awesome Siggy and Nadindi for the Cool Avatar!**

Proud PxM shipper.

Spoiler: Chapter 5: A Night of Professing
“We’ve known each other for three years, right, Maya?”

Maya’s heart had been beating rapidly ever since the whole conversation started. Her hands were interlocked and she soon started twiddling her thumbs around.

Is this the moment I have been so longing for?

“Yes, we have. Why?”

Maya decided to play it cool. Just pretend that she didn’t have a clue. Nick seemed to be more on the casual side, so keep it casual.

“Well, during such a period of time between a man and a… woman… a special bond can possibly form.”

“Nick…”

“Lately more than ever, I have felt this sort of… connection. Between you and I. Now, I have the opportunity to tell you something you should really know.”

He took her hand into his and put his other hand on top of it. Maya’s heart felt like it was about to burst out of her chest. So this was what she had been waiting for. It seemed way too good to be true.

“Maya Fey… I am in love with you.”

Maya let out a big sigh, making her shoulders fall. She was beaming. Phoenix exchanged back a small, yet slightly nervous smile.

“Phoenix Wright… you can be so oblivious sometimes.”

“Wh-what?”

“Don’t you see? I am in love with you, too!”

Maya didn’t even think before her actions. Acting on instinct, she jumped into his lap and hugged him tightly. Nick was hugging her back. Then, they broke the hug in a slow-moving manner. The two of them were both breathing heavily. He took her off of his lap and placed her where she sat before. Then, he lifted up her chin with his thumb and curled forefinger. Then, ever so slowly, their faces moved closer to each other.

“Nick…” Maya breathed.

At this point, their noses were grazing. Then, the magic happened. Their lips met and they shared the seemingly endless kiss they have both been so longing to have. Nick knew one thing for certain during the whole conversation. Mia had been listening the entire time from the other side of the door.

Mia stood on the other side of Maya’s door with her ear pressed up against the wood. She couldn’t exit Pearl’s body just yet. Not until Phoenix professed his love. She was grinning as Phoenix told Maya he loved her. Mia put her hand over her mouth. This moment was bound to happen. She was so happy for the two of them. It was truly meant to be.

I wonder if they will kiss.

Just then, she noticed a small keyhole just below the doorknob. Mia kneeled down and looked through the hole with her right eye. She saw them engaged into a very firm embrace. Then, Phoenix had put her in the spot she previously sat in. What was he doing?

Uh oh. What if he opens the door?

However, that wasn’t the case. Phoenix had lifted up Maya’s chin and they moved in slowly. This was one of the moments Mia had been waiting for during the whole conversation. She had found out just a few minutes ago how Maya exactly felt about Phoenix. She suspected that Maya had probably wanted for such a moment to arrive for a quite a while now. Finally, Maya Fey and Phoenix Wright were kissing. Mia pursed her lips to keep herself from squealing in happiness. She then got up off her knees and went into the office to do some dusting. So, Maya and Phoenix were going to start going out. Such a thought put a smile on Mia’s face. Then, the door opened. Mia walked over by it. Phoenix emerged.

“Well, Phoenix?”

“You should know.”

“You know me all too well.”

He smiled.

“Well, Mia, I know how much you love your sister. It’s only natural that you would at least be tempted to listen in on such a conversation.”

“Very true. Well, for now, this is good bye.”

“Good bye for now, Mia.”

The two of them hugged. Then, Mia walked into her sister’s room, where Maya sat there with a huge smile on her face. Her hand was curled in front of her mouth. She was kneeling on her bed. Mia closed the door, walked over to Maya, and stood in front of her.

“You certainly look happy.”

As Maya gave a small laugh, she threw her hand down and still wore her grin. Mia sat next to her sister once again. She had to pretend to be oblivious to what had just taken place. She couldn’t just tell her sister she eavesdropped on her conversation with the man she loved.

“So, what happened?”

“Nick… He professed his love to me.”

“That’s wonderful, Maya! See, I knew there was a connection! So, go on. Tell me the details.”

“Well, he started out by remind me how long we’ve known each other. Then, he took my hand and told me he was in love with me. I told him I was in love with him. Immediately after that, I hugged him. The next moment… he…”

“He what?”

“He took me off his lap, placing me where I was sitting. Then, he gently lifted my chin up. We moved in and…. we kissed. It’s true what they say, Mia! It felt so magical. That kiss was something unlike anything else I have experienced before! It was the most delightful thing I have ever had!”

Mia gave a joyous smile.

“I’m so happy for you, Maya. You are absolutely right. A kiss with your true love is something like no other. Especially your first kiss.”

“You would know with Diego, right?”

“Yes.”

“Details, Mia. You never gave me details!”

"You don't remember when I gave you the details on my first kiss?!"

"Well, that kiss, yes..."

"That's what I'm talking about."

"I gave you the details on my kiss! Give me details on one of yours!"

“Okay, okay. You gave me your details, so now I will give you mine. We were in the office one day. At this point, Diego and I were obviously already going out. I was in his office delivering case files. Well, we discussed them a little bit. Then he was following me out the door. I reached for the handle… and he rose up his arms at an angle and pressed his palms against the door. I turned around and our noses brushed against each other. I told him I should get to work. He told me to stay a little longer. Then, he slid his hand onto my hip. I put my arm around his neck… and then it happened.”

“That is so sweet, Mia! Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Well, you were busy with channeling and I was busy with my job. I figured that it’d be best not to trouble you.”

“That wouldn’t be troubling me at all. If we channel you and you meet Mr. Armando again, tell me all the details, okay?”

“Okay, Maya. I promise. Keep me in touch with what happens between you and Phoenix.”

“I will, Sis. Good bye.”

They hugged.

“I love you, Sis…”

“I love you, too, Maya…”

Then, after they broke, Mia went back to the other world and Pearl was back to herself.

“So, what happened, Mystic Maya?!”

Maya proceeded to tell Pearl what happened between her and Nick. She felt that Pearl should know.

“I was right about you and Mr. Nick all along!”

“So, now we are together… as a couple.”

“Yay! Hooray for you and Mr. Nick!”

Maya laughed.

“So, you want to sleep with me tonight?”

“Of course, Mystic Maya! But, shouldn’t you be sleeping with Mr. Nick?”

“What?! … Oh! No, I’m going to have you sleep with me tonight. We’ll have some cousin-cousin bonding time!”

“This will be fun! I’m so happy for you two!”

With that, Pearl changed into her pajamas. She crawled under the covers and clung onto Maya.

“Good night, Mystic Maya.”

“Good night, Pearly.”

Maya kissed Pearl’s forehead. Then, her mind wandered to Nick again. She kept playing the scenes of what had just happened between the two of them in her mind. It made her heart flutter. She closed her eyes and sighed. Before she fell asleep, she breathed four words.

Good night, my love.

Last edited by DefenseNeverRests on Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Awww! That's so romantic! Though, Mia seems a little OOC at times.

Kristoph~!

so sweet <3

Thanks Purple Angel =D

that is adorable!!!!! :godot: :maya:

love you guys!

lame alert

that is so romantic!!!!!!
awww so sweet!!!
mia comments made it funny aswell!!! that is one awesome story!!

:godot: :phoenix: :maya:
Image My fanfic fanart
Deviantart

Proud PxM shipper.

I thank you guys very much for your compliments. Some people have asked me if this fanfic is over now that...

Spoiler: Story spoiler if you didn't read chapter 5...
Phoenix and Maya are together.

However, I assure you guys that this story is no where near over yet. In fact, I am planning for chapter six to come out later tonight.

[Words]

Great, this is an awesome fanfic.

「これが、モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」

Once again, an enjoyable chapter, albeit Mia did feel somewhat childish at points, which is very unlike her character.

~~

Personally, I think that she would act childish n a situation like this.

It was a fabulous chapter and I can't wait for more!
♥Twatanorm♥
Signature by blinq
Page 1 of 11 [ 407 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony