Board index » Roleplay » Trials

Page 1 of 1[ 7 posts ]

Inactive (or lazy) RP participantsTopic%20Title

In Justice We Trust

As I'm sure we're all aware, people do sometimes have more important things to do than play online. A problem, however, is that some users just up and leave for months on end without notifying the leader of any RPs they're involved in. Depending on their role, this action can potentially get the RP locked due to lack of activity. More often than not, one or two inactive users are the reason for an RP gathering dust.

Participants: if you're going to be offline for an extended period of time (i. e. a week or more), PLEASE alert the leaders of any RPs you're in so they'll be able to handle the situation properly. If you're going to be offline for over a month, then abdicate from your role; I will not have you getting someone's RP locked just because you were too lazy to (or forgot to) inform them of your absence. I know you might sometimes get a role that doesn't appear for a while, but if you're offline when your role becomes important, then you're doing just as much damage as you would if you had a more active role. I'll need to discuss this with the other moderators, but if this becomes a problem, I might start enacting punitive measures for unnecessary obstruction of someone else's RP. Staying active is YOUR responsibility. Leaders have the authority to dismiss anyone who isn't pulling their weight, so if you raise a stink over getting dismissed when you were offline for too long or otherwise slowing down an RP's progress without a good reason, too bad.

Leaders: don't hesitate to dismiss inactive users. If their inactivity is slowing down your RP, PM them telling them that they've been dismissed and find someone to replace them. If necessary, take the role yourself until someone else is willing. Just as participants have to pull their weight, you need to take responsibility and do whatever you must in order to keep an RP going. It's your own fault if the RP is locked because you didn't notice that someone had been offline for too long.

The one month rule hasn't been particularly well-enforced, but starting November, there will be no exceptions.
I'll always love you, Max.
Re: Inactive (or lazy) RP participantsTopic%20Title

....E.S.P is no aid in detecting sarcasm

seemed like no one was answering ,so i thought i would.

I have to say i agree..... though one month rule? maybe im just slow. :payne: or easily confused.
Fan of paramore, ace attorney, drugs, and the will to live.

hubby is the awesome jaydrick0620!
my darling children are Miyako Chinatsu and slezac and apollajustice
sons in law , yaragorm and eliasbloodmoon
love you guys!

The defense rests

Yeah... I think the one mounth rule is quite extremist, expecialy if it was warned before. Of course, pausing a RP for a mounth is absurd, but I think a TEMPORARY substitute (like the RP leader) would be enough, no?
I sure hope I didn't sound rude, I'm just expresing my opnion. =D
Image'Jesus told me: Go down there and play Ace Attorney!'Image

In Justice We Trust

With the exception of the leader, anyone can be easily replaced if they're not active enough. And, naturally, an RP can be unlocked if replacements for dismissed users are found. I don't kill inactive RPs; I just find a nice place for them to wait for inactive players to return or be replaced. And, by all means, I'm not going to stop an RP leader from playing the roles of additional characters when necessary. Heck, that's what I tend to do with Tsar of Turnabouts when someone stops pulling their weight; I take their role until someone else is ready to take it. It appears I'll need to be a bit more specific in the rules thread.
I'll always love you, Max.

for all

I've been a victim, and I've done this...

It's just...REAL LIFE
If Justice is blind, then Truth shall lead. Together they will find Liberty.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The Twisted Samurai

justice wrote:

It's just...REAL LIFE

well
you may have a real life(gratz to that) homever:
if you decided to join an RP YOU decided to join,which means that you first gave some kind of promise to bring success to the RP you joined and be a part of it until the end of it. Also if you leave WITHOUT SAYING ONE WORD FOR MONTHS the other RPers feel fooled like bloody hell
though it is unfair for the other people on the RP since they can't finish it.
Additionally to find a new person for the RP is hard, too since wether they are totally dumbasses which want to make a new person or don't read trough the RP.
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

for all

Coffee Prosecutor wrote:
justice wrote:

It's just...REAL LIFE

well
you may have a real life(gratz to that) homever:
if you decided to join an RP YOU decided to join,which means that you first gave some kind of promise to bring success to the RP you joined and be a part of it until the end of it. Also if you leave WITHOUT SAYING ONE WORD FOR MONTHS the other RPers feel fooled like bloody hell
though it is unfair for the other people on the RP since they can't finish it.
Additionally to find a new person for the RP is hard, too since wether they are totally dumbasses which want to make a new person or don't read trough the RP.

Did you really have any reason to bump something that I said a year ago?
If Justice is blind, then Truth shall lead. Together they will find Liberty.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Board index » Roleplay » Trials