Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 2 of 76[ 3010 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 76  Next

Re: PW: The Contempt of Court - Turnabout ScapegoatTopic%20Title

There's only one word to describe this game. Amazing. You've created a brilliant Phoenix Wright case and have managed to simulate most of the Ace Attorney features (psyche-locks). I think this is the first game i've seen with decent psychelocks. Your sprites are amazing and look like real capcom created ones so well done :godot: .

The plot, it's excellent. I love mysteries a lot and playing through it, you get the feel as if you've solved it, but then something new pops around the corner, such as Vulper's involvement in the case. Although there are quite a few questions that need to be answered such as how did Vulper know of the card in the first place and what is his connection to Brisbane and Crane, it's very good, if you exclude those points.

Onto the true killer, I think I have a idea of who it is.

Spoiler:
It has to be Vincenzo as not only is his body visible in the prologue (you can see his hair bang), Grossberg said that scar. Vincenzo said his scar is unique. It has to be him. Also think to the bloody card. There was a blood smear on it that Phoenix and Maya thought was smeared writing but I think it's really Grossberg's drawing of the scar he saw! The scar that in fact belongs to Vincenzo! And another point, his last name is Cicatrice which you said is a medical term for scar. Can it be any more obvious?

I look forward to the next update and even further than that, the next case.

I hate Klaviema >_>

That's why he's the defendant, Ptapcc >_>
ImageImage
ImageImage

Yeah but I was just pointing out some of the factors why he could be/is the killer.

Spoiler:
Originally I thought that Mr. X had dressed up as him but the blood smear of a scar definitely concludes Vincenzo is totally guilty. Oh well, bit of a shame really. I'm probably wrong though(the killer is too easy to guess) because there is always a secret killer who does crazy stuff to cover up their murder.

Previously Cardiovore

Thanks a bunch for the comments, Ptapcc :D

As well as progressing with the game (I'm currently about a script or two into Phoenix's trial), I'm improving many MANY things in the already existing game such as dialogue, sprite quality, sprite animations, the intro, and some story revising. So come the next release, it's advised to play it ALL through again, in case I DO put in some more important information. The next release was gonna be the whole thing, but there may well be a Part 3 after all.

And as for your suspicions on the case... well let's just say it's called Turnabout Scapegoat for a reason :P
Phoenix Wright: The Contempt of Court
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Hm, that sounds good. I think you'll be the first to release an actual case on Pywright as your update rates are excellent. Turnabout Scapegoat...scapegoat...hm never thought about it like that way.

I'll be waiting for your next release,

Ptapcc

Previously Cardiovore

UPDATE NOTE.
As I've probably said dozens of times, I'm currently busy enhancing the sprites and adding more animations. Just thought I'd post a couple of examples.
As Detective Snow will demonstrate:

Normal pose (before)
Normal pose (after) ... the difference is in the hair really. Only a slight improvement, but an improvement nonetheless.

On top of which, a new animation for Snow has been made, with better timed frame rates:
(Ignore the rapid blink rate in this GIF; it'll be fixed in-game with the help of .txt files).
Image Image

Spoiler:
Vex Vulper also has a more elaborate, dramatic, and elongated breakdown.

FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Mostly human

I think the thing that always bothered me about Snow was that his shirt collar was a bit messy (It's a fault of the original sprite), but the redone cocky pose is massively improved.
If you can keep up that standard while working with the rest of the sprites the game will look even more professional.

Keep up the good work!
(oh, and with Mr. X's court pose are you going to give him a breast pocket? Gotta keep things consistant.)

Previously Cardiovore

Due to me now knowing how to make scrolling backgrounds, I have built upon the Nieville background (below). I have attempted to fuse two images together, as well as editing to blend them. Please let me know what you think.
Reminder: I do not own the original images I have used to create these backgrounds.

Here is a daytime version (which will appear in Day 2 Investigation). I'm still working on it, as it's more trickier to make look like one image.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

I hate Klaviema >_>

Both look pretty seamless to me~
ImageImage
ImageImage

Previously Cardiovore

RandomJibberish wrote:
Both look pretty seamless to me~

I was afraid the custom addition of snow on the tree in the centre would make it look like it was separated...
But thanks, glad to know it looks ok.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

I'd say

Colour me impressed.
Loved every aspect of it, especially the graphics.

And I have to say, apart from minor flaws, excellent sprites as well.
I'll be looking forward for some updates. XD~

I hate Klaviema >_>

--------------------------------V I see a tiny little bit of tree that shouldn't be there there...

Otherwise perfect~

Where did you get these backgrounds, out of interest?
ImageImage
ImageImage

Previously Cardiovore

RandomJibberish wrote:
--------------------------------V I see a tiny little bit of tree that shouldn't be there there...

Otherwise perfect~

Where did you get these backgrounds, out of interest?

Random -- Ping' pm-ed me about this yesterday, so I'll tell you what I told him.

I searched "snowy village" on Google Images and eventually came up with these two images, originally from Christmas cards I think (Unfortunately I'm not THAT good a background artist to make my own from scratch). Then to make a two-screen scrolling background, I "fused" the two together with Photoshop, and thanks to much editing, I managed to almost flawlessly combine them into one.

Oh yes, and MUCH editing was required to turn it into a Daytime clone.

I find it quite tricky to make images look as AA-ish as I can (as the inside of Titus Krump's mansion will prove; they're real photos), but I think these backgrounds work pretty well.

Ceres -- Thank you :gant: I'm aware of the minor flaws you mentioned, and by now many are more or less sorted ready for the next release.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Previously Cardiovore

Following SilentBobX's example, I just thought I'd also announce that my game is still in production too.

It's been in small bursts of progression, but I think it's really starting to get somewhere now, and the next release should hopefully be just before Christmas.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Woo! This is one of my favourite fan games that I'm looking forward to when it is released. I can't wait to see the full version Turnabout Scapegoat.

Ptapcc

Previously Cardiovore

Ptapcc wrote:
Woo! This is one of my favourite fan games that I'm looking forward to when it is released. I can't wait to see the full version Turnabout Scapegoat.

Ptapcc

Thanks! It's good to know that there are people out there determined to follow it through to the end :edgy:
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Cardiovore wrote:
Ptapcc wrote:

Ptapcc

Thanks! It's good to know that there are people out there determined to follow it through to the end :edgy:

Yeah but don't forget the Guests and the people who don't comment as they too must enjoy the game if they end up downloading it. Maybe you should install a download meter to see how many people are actually downloading the file, if possible.

I have just remembered a small problem. You introduce Erol in your first case, but from what we can see already, it seems that his past will be explored in this case along with Detective Snow. The box art for the Contempt of Court has them both on it so my question is simply this. Is the box art for each case? (Does this make sense at all?)

Ptapcc

Previously Cardiovore

Quote:
Yeah but don't forget the Guests and the people who don't comment as they too must enjoy the game if they end up downloading it. Maybe you should install a download meter to see how many people are actually downloading the file, if possible.

Oh I don't forget those people either. I'm grateful to anyone and everyone who have displayed even the slightest interest, even if it's just a simple view of the page.
And there's a download meter on Megaupload, so I can see how many people have downloaded the file... more than I expected :edgy:

Quote:
I have just remembered a small problem. You introduce Erol in your first case, but from what we can see already, it seems that his past will be explored in this case along with Detective Snow. The box art for the Contempt of Court has them both on it so my question is simply this. Is the box art for each case? (Does this make sense at all?)

I think I can see where you're coming from...
On the boxart, I've included the four most important characters in the whole Contempt of Court game. Snow will be the detective in all four cases, and Brisbane the prosecutor for all four cases. More will be revealed about their pasts and personalities in the coming cases, e.g. who Brisbane was tutored by after his "eye" incident, and so on.

But on a slightly more question-relevant basis: yes and no...
- Phoenix is on the Turnabout Scapegoat art
- Snow is on the The Haunted Turnabout art
- Brisbane will be on the Turnabout Before A Fall art
- But as for the Turnabout In The Snow art... I don't know yet. It's about Snow mainly, but he's already on The Haunted Turnabout art. It may be Maya, because then the boxart would make sense. But I'm not sure yet, better not think TOO far into the future...
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Yeah it's a really good game, so there is no surprise that many people have downloaded it. I myself like to replay the introduction as it's just really superb and an excellent example of Pywright intro coding.

On a seperate note, what happened to a first case with Payne? He seems to have been left out :edgeworth:. I can see though that there is no need for a tutorial but...

Spoiler: Tutorial Cases
The first case of a game usually introduces some important characters. Take PW1 for an example. It introduced the main characters. PW2, Maggey Byrde. PW3 brought Dahlia into the equation and PW4 had Apollo and Kristoph. Of course, GK also had Yuuki.

Ptapcc

Last edited by Tap on Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Two more games coming up soon

I, for one, am glad that Cardiovore didn't release a tutorial case.
The thing is, most of the time, people who plan to make a whole game stop after the first case, which is the least interesting.
As a result, there are not enough "real" cases among AA fangames. The only ones are on AAO, and many of them don't have investigations. In that respect, Turnabout Scapegoat and Turnabout Substitution are different than the rest.
Creator of Apollo Justice Case 5: Turnabout Substitution: Trailer - Download
Co-creator of New Year's Turnabout, Turnabout Revolution, and At Dawn's Break

Previously Cardiovore

Quote:
Yeah it's a really good game, so there is no surprise that many people have downloaded it. I myself like to replay the introduction as it's just really superb and an excellent example of Pywright intro coding.

Thanks!
If you liked the intro, I've expanded on it and changed some dialogue. I think I've made it better and added a bit more mystery.

Quote:
On a seperate note, what happened to a first case with Payne? He seems to ahve been left out :edgeworth:. I can see though that there is no need for a tutorial but...

Ah, I was waiting for someone to mention this...

T-Scapegoat wasn't originally going to be a four-case game, so a tutorial case with Payne was out of the question... :payne:
Unless I make T-Scapegoat the SECOND case, and make a Payne case before it... and get rid of Turnabout Before A Fall, because it's a case idea I'm not too confident about... but it's probably not likely. :yuusaku:

EDIT (as a result of noticing Ping''s post): Ping' -- You have a point actually...
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Cardiovore wrote:
Quote:

Thanks!
If you liked the intro, I've expanded on it and changed some dialogue. I think I've made it better and added a bit more mystery.

Quote:
On a seperate note, what happened to a first case with Payne? He seems to ahve been left out :edgeworth:. I can see though that there is no need for a tutorial but...

Ah, I was waiting for someone to mention this...

T-Scapegoat wasn't originally going to be a four-case game, so a tutorial case with Payne was out of the question... :payne:
Unless I make T-Scapegoat the SECOND case, and make a Payne case before it... and get rid of Turnabout Before A Fall, because it's a case idea I'm not too confident about... but it's probably not likely. :yuusaku:

EDIT (as a result of noticing Ping''s post): Ping' -- You have a point actually...

A new intro? Yay, I look forward to when it's released.

Don't bother making a tutorial case. It was only my point I mentioned. I agree with what Ping' says as I've seen it happen all the time and while I am making a tutorial case as well, I definitely won't be giving up. My tutorial case is going to be quite different and sort of like GK a bit in terms of storyline, so there will be heaps of work for me to do when it's finished, plus I already have the script for Case 2 nearly done and sprites so there is no reason for me to stop.

I have just finished it, and it is epic my friend, way better then 'trials after justice', it is probably better then most photnix wright cases, actually, I'd say it's the best. If you need any help let me know pal (not like you'd want it) :will:
Sig.

Previously Cardiovore

DefenceLawyer wrote:
I have just finished it, and it is epic my friend, way better then 'trials after justice', it is probably better then most photnix wright cases, actually, I'd say it's the best. If you need any help let me know pal (not like you'd want it) :will:

Oh, I'd hardly say it's the best... :bellboy:
But thanks very much for your comments, means a lot! :edgy:

As I've said countless times over many posts, the next version is roughly a few weeks away from release. And the already-existing version has been updated a lot in terms of almost everything (mainly storyline and events), so it would be advisable to play it all again if you want the REAL story. Sorry... but it'll be the last time I make players do this, I promise.

Quote:
If you need any help let me know pal (not like you'd want it) :will:

I think I have the storyline pretty much sorted out, but you are welcome to offer any suggestions for things you - or anyone else for that matter - think need improving. :phoenix:

EDIT: When I start on my next case - The Haunted Turnabout - I will very likely be recruiting.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Last edited by Mr. C on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We have to play it again? Yay :godot:. I love Turnabout Scapegoat (as I keep saying in every post in this thread). It's a wonderful game and if you have made a lot of changes, I can't wait to see them in the next release.

Ptapcc

Previously Cardiovore

Ptapcc wrote:
We have to play it again? Yay :godot:. I love Turnabout Scapegoat (as I keep saying in every post in this thread). It's a wonderful game and if you have made a lot of changes, I can't wait to see them in the next release.

Ptapcc

Yup, stuff like:
* The intro's been built upon (as mentioned in the past)
* The general game interface is much more AA-like (i.e. a lot of background editing).
* The whole business about Snow finding another playing card in Phoenix's office... that's been scrapped, and he's there for a different reason...
* The events caused to trigger Snow's Psyche-Lock differ.
* Snow's Psyche-Lock is about "Mr. X", and is more "engaging".
* There's more of an "intro" to Vincenzo's trial.
* Vulper is meaner and nastier than ever.

...and much more, as well as Trial-1 and Day 2 investigation.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Cardiovore wrote:
Ptapcc wrote:

Ptapcc

Yup, stuff like:
* The intro's been built upon (as mentioned in the past)
* The general game interface is much more AA-like (i.e. a lot of background editing).
* The whole business about Snow finding another playing card in Phoenix's office... that's been scrapped, and he's there for a different reason...
* The events caused to trigger Snow's Psyche-Lock differ.
* Snow's Psyche-Lock is about "Mr. X", and is more "engaging".
* There's more of an "intro" to Vincenzo's trial.
* Vulper is meaner and nastier than ever.

...and much more, as well as Trial-1 and Day 2 investigation.

*faints* I can't wait to see what it's like when you release it and I look forward to Case 2 as that one will be even better.

Ptapcc

Quote:
Oh, I'd hardly say it's the best... :bellboy:
But thanks very much for your comments, means a lot! :edgy:

don't be so modest, your a great writer and spriter :will:
Sig.

Apollon Flame

I played the DEMO and... IT. WAS. GREAT. :godot: Though I have to admit, Vulper is much more scary than Mr. X... on occasions.
A King

in name

alone...

Previously Cardiovore

Bitter_Godot wrote:
I played the DEMO and... IT. WAS. GREAT. :godot: Though I have to admit, Vulper is much more scary than Mr. X... on occasions.

Spoiler:
If you think he's scary now, wait until you see his new sprites... :lana:

As ever, thanks for commenting! :redd:

FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Previously Cardiovore

NOTE
The game's progressing quite nicely... not sure if (edit)the next version(unedit) will be ready for Christmas Day, so it may be just before New Year.

I'm now at a point in the game where you're about to discover why Vincenzo has that huge scar...
But I'm not sure how to do it:

* Simply talking about it
* A Psyche-Lock

I was thinking a Psyche-lock about it (and personally I would prefer a Psyche-lock), but coming up with the evidence for it isn't so easy...

In any case, I'd really appreciate some of your opinions on this:
Vincenzo scar... how would you like to discover about it? Simple talking, or Psyche-lock?
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

To me, I don't think he would have a psyche lock about it as if he did, then he would try to hide the scar with cosmetics or his hair or something like that. A simple explanation ought to do it- if Phoenix presents the correct evidence to warrant the conversation.

Ptapcc

Previously Cardiovore

Ptapcc wrote:
To me, I don't think he would have a psyche lock about it as if he did, then he would try to hide the scar with cosmetics or his hair or something like that. A simple explanation ought to do it- if Phoenix presents the correct evidence to warrant the conversation.

Ptapcc

Ah but there IS something he's hiding about it... and it has something to do with why Mia kept Vincenzo's name out of the Redd White case (a detail briefly mentioned when you first met Vinnie).

And that IS a good idea (to present a single piece of evidence in a line of conversation), but the evidence is acquired later on in the investigation. With a Psyche-Lock, you have the choice of stopping if you feel you don't have the correct evidence yet.

I haven't come to a decisive conclusion on what I should do yet, but thanks for your opinion and I'll take it into consideration.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Apollon Flame

That depends on how many psyche-locks you want the conversation to have. How many of them do you have in mind on putting?
Spoiler:
Of course, black psyche-locks would mean something very mysterious and unsolvable :garyuu: Still, when I finished the trial, I was suuure that the card that Vulper threw was to aim at Vizcenso (or how ever you spell his name :keiko:

A King

in name

alone...

Previously Cardiovore

Scent wrote:
That depends on how many psyche-locks you want the conversation to have. How many of them do you have in mind on putting?
Spoiler:
Of course, black psyche-locks would mean something very mysterious and unsolvable :garyuu: Still, when I finished the trial, I was suuure that the card that Vulper threw was to aim at Vizcenso (or how ever you spell his name :keiko:

Just one or two. It's something Vincenzo didn't want a certain someone to know, but is willing to get it off his chest to Phoenix and Maya now that he's... "safe".

Spoiler:
Remember Titus Krump's 5 psyche-locks about the bloodstain in his secret room?
They were originally going to be black, but - without giving too much away - that secret will be revealed.

Oh yeah, and about the card...
...Without giving anything away, you may be onto something... :phoenix:

FULL GAME AVAILABLE

I come here with a christmas presents for you :will:
add these things into your 'general' folder for ultimate experience!
Spoiler:

and this one into the 'bg' folder
Spoiler:

merry christmas!
Sig.

Last edited by DefenceLawyer on Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Previously Cardiovore

DefenceLawyer wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

merry christmas!

If I ever get round to making a GK game in the future, I'll put these to good use!
Thanks, and merry christmas! :gant:
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Cardiovore wrote:
DefenceLawyer wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

merry christmas!

If I ever get round to making a GK game in the future, I'll put these to good use!
Thanks, and merry christmas! :gant:

thanks pal or 'mate' as snow says, there self ripped and rushed so there not very good.
this game is quite fun using them :will:
Spoiler: Turnabout Scapegoat spoiler

Sig.

Cardiovore- Even though I haven't played much of this case, waiting for V2/3, this is amazing! You are a great writer and scripter, I both envy and look-up to you.
As for his scar, I say the same as Ptapcc.
Now, the voice of Vex Vulper and head of the Ace Attorney Online Podcast (first episode coming soon)!

Cardiovore wrote:
Ptapcc wrote:

Ptapcc

Ah but there IS something he's hiding about it... and it has something to do with why Mia kept Vincenzo's name out of the Redd White case (a detail briefly mentioned when you first met Vinnie).

And that IS a good idea (to present a single piece of evidence in a line of conversation), but the evidence is acquired later on in the investigation. With a Psyche-Lock, you have the choice of stopping if you feel you don't have the correct evidence yet.

I haven't come to a decisive conclusion on what I should do yet, but thanks for your opinion and I'll take it into consideration.

Maybe Vincenzo says that he will only talk about it if you present relevant evidence- like in 4-4 when Ema says she'll only talk if you present the relevant evidence. There doesn't have to be a psyche-lock as he might be hiding it but he is willing to confess only if you present the right piece of evidence.

Ptapcc
Page 2 of 76 [ 3010 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 76  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games