Board index » Present Evidence » Present Evidence

Page 5 of 11[ 426 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

Re: Midnight Jasper's Graphics~Topic%20Title

Spoiler: Tree
Furio dresses up as Phoenix; Viola dresses up as Maggey, ja? Grasping at straws, certainly, but it still TECHNICALLY works. XD

Thanks very much, Radex~ I must say, your landscapes are absolutely beautiful. I could never get the hang of composition and all that :redd:
I think I posted that link somewhere earlier in this thread, but thanks anyway =D

Anywho:

I fully intend to create a set of avatars featuring Claire, Chelmey, Don Paolo, Flora, Layton, Luke, and Legal, so here's to kick things off. Hurrah for official art! (Even though I still suck at ripping... D=)

I need to download some more brushes. It feels like people are getting suspicious... :shoe:

Rising Inspirations

Midnight Jasper wrote:
Spoiler: Tree
Furio dresses up as Phoenix; Viola dresses up as Maggey, ja? Grasping at straws, certainly, but it still TECHNICALLY works. XD

Thanks very much, Radex~ I must say, your landscapes are absolutely beautiful. I could never get the hang of composition and all that :redd:
I think I posted that link somewhere earlier in this thread, but thanks anyway =D

Thank you :) and no problem. And don't worry, I started out with sig making too :godot: . In fact, very similar in how you started in terms of style. I used plenty of abstract brushes and constantly used the hue/saturation setting back then as well as use of strokes in letters. How long it took me to get where I am at? Ummm, forgot xD.

Out of all of your works, the Trucy one is my favorite.

Between Today and Tomorrow

Midnight Jasper wrote:
Anywho:

I fully intend to create a set of avatars featuring Claire, Chelmey, Don Paolo, Flora, Layton, Luke, and Legal, so here's to kick things off. Hurrah for official art! (Even though I still suck at ripping... D=)

Hmm, nice one~ the render could use some more tweaking though~
Out of curiosity, from what image did you rip the render from (and how did you rip it)?

From the Layton official site, which gives lots of pretty images available for download. I basically separated it clumsily from the background with magic wand, eraser, etc. and a bit of crazy feathering XD

I'm hoping some clean official art pops up soon XD

...............<3

Location: Murdering any fangirls who dare come near Klavier. HE'S MINE!!! :D

Hey MJ! No request here, but followed your tutorial, and I made this lovely (or not) sig!

Haha! That's really nice! I would advise building up a bit more texture, because you can still see parts of the original background.
(Also your avatar is awesome. EMILIO~)

Flora~ For some reason I'm churning these out really slowly. I don't like using my graphics as bases for each other, which is why it looks a little different from the Claire one. Next time I'll try and match up the placing XD

YOU'RE MEANT TO BE A VECTOR SO START ACTING LIKE ONE. Grr. These renders hate me.

...............<3

Location: Murdering any fangirls who dare come near Klavier. HE'S MINE!!! :D

Thanks alot for commenting!
For some reason I can't get the texture and the text right. :larry: At least it looks better than the Franzy one here:Image
And yes, everyone knows Emilio is adorable. Especially when he's smiling. :D
Good job on the Flora one! It looks very different to the Claire one!

The Claire and Flora avatars look so lovely! I am playing Unwound Future and it's awesome! And I can't wait for Last Window to come out tomorrow ^^
I can't wait to see a Luke avatar :godot:

Audere est facere.

Hi everyone! MJ, the Claire and Flora ones are so CUTE! Can't wait to play the game, it's had me hyped ever since last year, since I got into Layton RPing. Oh, and the sigs you made were lovely, Arch~ Just a couple of tips: duplicate the text layer a couple of times to make the text more visible, and (as I've said before), add a border! ^^ Will be off to homework, see ya!~
I've been away for far too long.
So long, in fact, that all of my signatures now exist behind a paywall.
Bummer.

HA IT'S 21 MINUTES PAST MIDNIGHT IN LONDON AND LAST WINDOW HAS COME OUT

EVEN THOUGH ALL GAME STORES ARE CLOSED, BUT WHATEVER

Quick replies, since it's pretty late -

Archae (is that okay? I can never remember your full name) - I ADORE that Franzy one (that might just be to do with the Franz, though) and your current Emilio sig is REAAAAAALLY nice (EMILIOOOO~<3). Angel mentioned duplicating the text layer - you can also go into Blending Options and add a Stroke, or an Outer Glow to be more subtle. I would also suggest making the 'Medico's (I can't read that word without hearing Emilio's adorable voice XD) more subtle; you could try raterizing the layer (thus converting it into an image) and then applying a filter, maybe? I dunno =P

Glad to know people are enjoying the Layton =D I want to arrange them all roughly the same (I'm planning to get a nice animated avatar in Flash, if it doesn't ruin my beautiful image quality), but LAYTON LOOKS SO WRONG ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE SCREEN. Wah.

Also, I might have to put the Layton on hold for a bit for LOVELY LOVELY LAST WINDOW. GAH ALL THE GAMES OUT AT THE SAME TIME DX And I still need to finish that family tree, and I STILL need to finish that effing tutorial...
Hey, Pokemon's out around now too, isn't it? Not that anyone cares...XD

Audere est facere.

You're all so luckyyyyyy. T-T Games like those don't come to the Philippines regularly, and even f they did, they'd have at least a two-week delay after a UK/US release date.
And Pokemon Black and White are only out in Japan anyway, so it won't really matter. XD
I've been away for far too long.
So long, in fact, that all of my signatures now exist behind a paywall.
Bummer.

Ack... Layton 3 + Last Window (Sorry to rub it in, angel) = no time to make sparkly pretties = BUMP IS NECESSARY.

Image Image Image

Dear God, these are all so terribly mismatched XD Layton, what colour scheme did YOU come from?
I can't really be screwed with Don Paolo and Chelmey, so I'll consider this little set done for now~

It's so much easier to make graphics for all grungy actiony-type games. But nooo, I had to be a lover of visual novels...

Stuff to do:

Finish Family Tree
FINISH SIG TUTORIAL!!!
Make something Fire Emblem :3

Bump :3

Part 4 =D

Yeah, it's not very good XD
I don't actually know what all of the adjustments do, so I'm not so sure about this part...
Ho well.

I love the teddy bear in Luke's avatar. It's lovely! :pearl-blush:
The last part of the tutorial is good. :redd: Which makes me remember a question, about the 'sheen'. I wasn't sure if you meant, on a new layer, cover it in white, then put it in high motion blur, then soft light/overlay then lower opacity? Or was it something else?

Thanks =D I actually had a lot of trouble trying to pick out what to put for Luke, so~

Um, covering the whole thing in white and putting it on motion blur won't work, but putting a black-and-white C4D on motion blur could. I think there were also some brushes around that imitated the effect, but I labelled them "Sheen" so I have no idea what they're originally called XD

Midnight Jasper wrote:
Thanks =D I actually had a lot of trouble trying to pick out what to put for Luke, so~

Um, covering the whole thing in white and putting it on motion blur won't work, but putting a black-and-white C4D on motion blur could. I think there were also some brushes around that imitated the effect, but I labelled them "Sheen" so I have no idea what they're originally called XD

Thanks for explaining that! :keiko: I've downloaded lots more brushes and I'm experimenting a bit with them, to create this magical effect called 'sheen' XD

The Twisted Samurai

'uses Future Luke avatar' :3
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

I basically worked out "sheen" by eyeballing Nadindi's work. I hope she doesn't mind ~ XD

Yaaay Future Luke :3
I had so much trouble with not calling it Legal.

Spoiler: Unwound Future wholegame
Or Steve Clive.

Hi! I love your graphics! I was wondering if you would please make me an avatar?
No specifications except 200x200 and darker colors than my 2nd sig please!
Here's the picture

Edit: And not the text bubble, just Ursula. You can put text on the finished avy though if you want! :redd:
~~~Cassandra~~~ but you can call me Cassie!

Hokay, I'll get right on it~ =)

The graphics department is sure getting a lot of activity lately =D

I hope this is alright for the Ursula av~
I had a lot of fun getting the whole 'tentacles' theme in. Please don't forget to credit~

Midnight Jasper wrote:
The graphics department is sure getting a lot of activity lately =D

I hope this is alright for the Ursula av~
I had a lot of fun getting the whole 'tentacles' theme in. Please don't forget to credit~

Thanks! Its awesome! I will make sure to credit!
~~~Cassandra~~~ but you can call me Cassie!

Glad you like it~

Stuff for ChannelOtaku's competition =D
I figured a graphic is a graphic, so~

Image Image Image Image

Hey hey, I'm still stalking you XD
Mmm, lots of pretty stuff. Your ripping's getting better, I see.
Keep up the great work~

Midnight Jasper wrote:
From the Layton official site, which gives lots of pretty images available for download. I basically separated it clumsily from the background with magic wand, eraser, etc. and a bit of crazy feathering XD

I'm hoping some clean official art pops up soon XD

Sorry for the late, late reply...schoolwork killed me last week.
Um, if possible, may I see one of your rips? Maybe the Claire or Flora one?
Have you tried quick mask? It's another good way to rip something, try it if you haven't tried it yet ;D

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

Midnight Jasper wrote:
Glad you like it~

Stuff for ChannelOtaku's competition =D
I figured a graphic is a graphic, so~

Image Image Image Image

Thanks for making these, they are beautiful~

I'm finding new links to replace the Zerochan links, sorry about the wait^^
The dancing Sakura petals; only in such grace do we see the beauty of the world.
Lovely wife PandaPrinzessin, charismatic sons Meenyman and Romeo, and talented daughters Reiji and sparkleranger78.

Urk. The Layton rips in general are pretty terrible: basically everything else is better XD
Anyway, here's Claire:

Normally I extract single characters from group artwork or a background, but it's harder when effects like Drop Shadows and Outer Glows are added D=

I know how to use Quick Mask, yeah, but generally if there's anything I have real trouble selecting I just go with the Pen Tool. It's the most precise way. Otherwise, Magnetic Lasso seems to work fine.
I'm actually working on ripping the GK official art from the book - I'll post it all here when I'm done, I guess.

Glad you like 'em, Paper~ No worries, link searching can be really hard.

The Trusty Nudal!

I can't believe I never posted here yet~

Very nice graphics, all of them are really good!

Personal fav, but I think that the set that you made for Power Berry with the little Franny pics are my favourite. The "rawr" avy is the cutest thing I have ever seen!

I look forward to seeing more!
Signature and Avatar by the wonderful Midnight Jasper! Check out her graphics, you will be impressed!
Check out my sprites!
Creator of Leon Prinze Ace Attorney - Final Judgment (Sprites by Ceres)

Midnight Jasper wrote:
Urk. The Layton rips in general are pretty terrible: basically everything else is better XD
Anyway, here's Claire:

Normally I extract single characters from group artwork or a background, but it's harder when effects like Drop Shadows and Outer Glows are added D=

I know how to use Quick Mask, yeah, but generally if there's anything I have real trouble selecting I just go with the Pen Tool. It's the most precise way. Otherwise, Magnetic Lasso seems to work fine.
I'm actually working on ripping the GK official art from the book - I'll post it all here when I'm done, I guess.

Ah, thanks~
Hey, it's not terrible at all. The outline is a bit messy, but that's all, the rest is all good.
(Btw, the hell is up with that pixel-y area around her neck? :yogi: )
Hm, right, Pen Tool/Magnetic Lasso works well too. And Color Range for hairline-width objects.
But really, whatever method we use, patience is especially required XD

Looking forward to the official art~
Well, actually, I wonder if I can be of any help... *shot*
Re: Midnight Jasper's Graphics~ Requests taken~Topic%20Title

Thank you both~

I tend to leave my outlines rather messy, as I'm always lazy and end up feathering the whole thing rather than going through the pixels D=
I honestly don't know about the neck, though. It was less retarded on a white background XD
You'd probably be more use than me at the official art, if you have time... Although posting it in here wouldn't be the smartest option, I guess...

How long has it been since I made something really graphicy? It feels like ages. Anywho, another wallpaper =D
Need to make more Ace Attorney stuffs~

Midnight Jasper wrote:
Thank you both~

I tend to leave my outlines rather messy, as I'm always lazy and end up feathering the whole thing rather than going through the pixels D=
I honestly don't know about the neck, though. It was less retarded on a white background XD
You'd probably be more use than me at the official art, if you have time... Although posting it in here wouldn't be the smartest option, I guess...

How long has it been since I made something really graphicy? It feels like ages. Anywho, another wallpaper =D
Need to make more Ace Attorney stuffs~

You're welcome XD
Right...anyway, if you ever need anything, feel free to PM me or something. ;D

That wallpaper...I don't know about Fire Emblem, but it was so awesome I had to fave it :godot:

EDIT: I just realized... I'd probably be more use than you? ...What's that supposed to mean? =O

Thanks =) FEmblem is amazing. PLAY IT NAO. RAWR.

Well, I'm not very good at this, so... D=
Spoiler: Rhoda~

Urk. Messed up on the hat. Apart from that, the rest seems alright to me. I also applied an exposure filter to make it look cooler =D

Also, does anyone have any hints on how to reduce the graininess? I'm pretty sure it's the texture of the paper, since the scan is mostly perfect. I tried a variety of filters (including Reduce Noise, duh) but nothing really seemed to work. Ack.

EDIT: Thankfully, this one's a little better =)
Spoiler: Cammy <3

EDIT EDIT: Yay I made something AA :3
Spoiler: Bigness

Bam! Wait. That's a fish?!

I tried fiddling around with the Rhoda to get rid of the noise, and here's what I've got:

Spoiler:

I basically used the GREYSoration plug-in for GIMP or something like that, and played around with the noise scale and stuff. Argh... hope you like it Midnight. ^^
[Signature in construction until I make a new one]
I'm back, mate! Still lurking like a ninja but whatevs :3

Ooh, thank you! Hee hee, her legs (tights?) have gotten even darker now.

Uhm, I've yet to find an equivalent plugin for Photoshop... Would it be too much to ask if you did the same for Cammy?

I tried messing around with blurs and layer blending modes, but it's still not perfect...

Spoiler:

Meh. Sacrificing outline quality for smoothness.
Well, whatever. I'll get on with the next one~

Midnight Jasper wrote:
Thanks =) FEmblem is amazing. PLAY IT NAO. RAWR.

Well, I'm not very good at this, so... D=
Spoiler: Rhoda~

Urk. Messed up on the hat. Apart from that, the rest seems alright to me. I also applied an exposure filter to make it look cooler =D

Also, does anyone have any hints on how to reduce the graininess? I'm pretty sure it's the texture of the paper, since the scan is mostly perfect. I tried a variety of filters (including Reduce Noise, duh) but nothing really seemed to work. Ack.

EDIT: Thankfully, this one's a little better =)
Spoiler: Cammy <3

EDIT EDIT: Yay I made something AA :3
Spoiler: Bigness

Hmm, maybe I'll try playing it later. It's...for the DS, right? =P

Um, I tried cleaning this:
Spoiler: Palaeno

I think I screwed up his pants XD
Yup, that graininess is quite bothering. Haven't done anything to cover it up, though.
I'll see what I can do~

Oh, and that wallpaper is so freaking EPIC. RAWR. :shoe:

Power Berry wrote:

Yup, that graininess is quite bothering. Haven't done anything to cover it up, though.
I'll see what I can do~

Nyuh uh, the best FEmblem games are for the GBA. And basically everyone I know plays them on the VBA...

Ooh, nice Palaeno =D (WHY NO PALAENO SMILEY) You did a really good job on his hair, if it were me there'd be loose dots all over the place.
It looks like right now Dawn is the only one who can reduce noise properly with her magic GIMPness...

Thank you :3 I wanted to experiment outside my style, which meant NO LAYER BLEND MODES :O

Anyway, here's a character that no-one cares about:

Spoiler: Before and after my laughably bad attempt to remove text
ImageImage

I... do not understand how I managed to erase part of the white within the Japanese text. Oh well, at least I cloned over it =D
Uh, yeah. Clearly I'm not too cut out for this kind of thing... D=

Rising Inspirations

Midnight Jasper wrote:
Power Berry wrote:

I'll see what I can do~

Nyuh uh, the best FEmblem games are for the GBA. And basically everyone I know plays them on the VBA...

Ooh, nice Palaeno =D (WHY NO PALAENO SMILEY) You did a really good job on his hair, if it were me there'd be loose dots all over the place.
It looks like right now Dawn is the only one who can reduce noise properly with her magic GIMPness...

Thank you :3 I wanted to experiment outside my style, which meant NO LAYER BLEND MODES :O

ImageImage

I... do not understand how I managed to erase part of the white within the Japanese text. Oh well, at least I cloned over it =D

If I remember especially with my GK2 Edgey fixing, for your cloning, use a soft brush with 20% opacity (between with screen and normal settings depending on the situation) to remove the text fluidly.

As for the noise, you need to do some gaussian blurring and smooth it out will smudge tools and erase tools. Painting will undoubtedly help if you have time. You're getting better with your cuts :maya: .

Edit: The reason why you want to do that (gaussian blurring) is that you can isolate a single color. It's the quicker way (just a little). It's better if you do use your pen tool or a lasso tool and make an outline over the area and then paint it with its (dominant) color.

Last edited by Radex on Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bam! Wait. That's a fish?!

Erm... yeah... but it does take a bit of fiddling to get most of it smoothed over... There might be a PS plugin for that, but it might take some searching... Or you can take Radex's advice. ^^

Iunno... I'll have a look around for you, Midnight. Can PS run GIMP plug-ins though?
[Signature in construction until I make a new one]
I'm back, mate! Still lurking like a ninja but whatevs :3

Midnight Jasper wrote:
Power Berry wrote:

I'll see what I can do~

ImageImage

V-VBA?? :sadshoe: ...I just lost mine a while back, along with all the roms...and FE was among them, too... *is heartbroken*

Why thank you dear :keiko:
I tried removing the grains, and here's what I got:
Spoiler: MOAR Palaeno

For the first one, Surface Blur > Smart Sharpen. His face is okay I think, although his pants look like crap XD
For the second one, Duplicate > Gaussian Blur > Overlay. The color changed, somehow...but I like this one a lot, and his pants look less crappy too ^^

Y-you didn't use layer blend? At ALL? Now that's awesome~
I think your experiment succeeded epicly there :redd:

Oh come on, don't be discouraged now~
You're getting better, really. Keep practicing, I know you can do it <3
For that annoying text, let's try out Radex's tips for now, ja?

Dawn wrote:
Can PS run GIMP plug-ins though?

I don't think so >.> but as far as I know, GIMP can run PS plug-ins...right?

Yay! Thank you everyone for being lovely~!

Radex - Thanks very much for the tips! I do want to get these sparkly perfect, so it looks like painting over is the best option. I'm not so good at smudging...
Um... would you mind if I took a look at the .psd file of your GK2 Edgey...? I understand if you want to keep it to yourself, it's just it would make things a bit easier =)

Dawn - Oh, it's alright if you don't have time or anything. I searched around a bit for a Photoshop plugin, but I might as well just go the hard, manual way~

PB - Ooh, kinda like it. Actually, when I played around with Cammy I had one set to Gaussian Blur and one normal one put to Multiply over it, so the quality of the lines wasn't affected. Don't forget the clipping mask so that blur doesn't go over the outline =)

Well, maybe I used Soft Light a bit on the brushes and patterns NO. BAD JASPAR. NO LAYER BLEND =D
I'm not too good at the more basic-colour-scheme, simple graphics like your avatar (:3) so I'm trying to practice that a bit. Also patterns are fun~

I'll have to put the rips and cleaning on hold for a bit, since I'm making a delightful series of memetic posters for one of my friends running as Student Governor. Requests are still welcome~! (yeah, right XD)

Edit: UGH I REALLY WANTED TO GET POST 200 OF THIS THREAD D=

Midnight Jasper wrote:
PB - Ooh, kinda like it. Actually, when I played around with Cammy I had one set to Gaussian Blur and one normal one put to Multiply over it, so the quality of the lines wasn't affected. Don't forget the clipping mask so that blur doesn't go over the outline =)

Well, maybe I used Soft Light a bit on the brushes and patterns NO. BAD JASPAR. NO LAYER BLEND =D
I'm not too good at the more basic-colour-scheme, simple graphics like your avatar (:3) so I'm trying to practice that a bit. Also patterns are fun~

I'll have to put the rips and cleaning on hold for a bit, since I'm making a delightful series of memetic posters for one of my friends running as Student Governor. Requests are still welcome~! (yeah, right XD)

Edit: UGH I REALLY WANTED TO GET POST 200 OF THIS THREAD D=

Crap, I didn't notice the blur XD
Will fix later~

What are you saying, my current avatar is my favorite among all your works, the cutest thing I've seen in ages <3
Tbh, I like your simplistic style more than your usual fractals, so keep them coming :redd:

EDIT: 200TH POST GET! XD
Page 5 of 11 [ 426 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Present Evidence