Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony

Page 1 of 1[ 3 posts ]

LettersTopic%20Title

I object! That was...objectionable!

"Larry, get that one!"

Larry jammed his thumb down on the small button that had a green triangle on it, let out a yell of happiness, then tugged at the sleeve of Phoenix Wright.

"Look, Nick! I beat your high score on Valient Vampire!" Larry cheered.

Miles Edgeworth, the only mature nine-year-old, who now sat down as a spectator for Phoenix's new surreal game, Valient Vampire: Creature of Grand Olde Tokyo, rolled his eyes as Larry suffered a small electric shock from pointing at the score on the television screen.

"Miles, don't you want to try?" Phoenix offered, pushing the controller into the silver-haired boy's arms.

Miles shrugged and moved from the couch to the giant, red beanbag chair. He sunk far down into it, gripped the controller tightly, and began to play the game. He had gotten to the final level before he became really interested in the game, when he had to defeat the Valient Vampire's nemesis, Dementor. He began to frantically push the buttons, destroying all sorts of creatures and demons, until he came to Dementor. He pushed the buttons and moved the analog stick faster than ever, his fingers nearly sliding off the controller from the sweat on his palms. He hastily wiped his palms on the beanbag chair's surface, then returned to the video game. Before Miles could strike one last time, there was a flash, and the television screem faded to black. The room's lights flickered off, and Miles couldn't even see the faces of his friends, although he could hear them.

"Power surge," Miles told them, "don't you have a generator, Wright?"

"Hey, just because you have rich parents doesn't mean everyone does!" Phoenix snapped in reply, apparently offended.

"Uh, sorry, Wright--I mean, Phoenix. Ouch, Larry, get off of my toe!" Miles said, suddenly hit with a pain in his big toe.

"I'm not on your toe!" Larry replied with something that sounded like a squeak.

"I feel the sole of your shoe. Soccer cleats, now get off!" Miles responded.

Miles breathed a sigh of relief as Larry lifted his foot from Miles's toe. Miles tried to push himself out of the beanbag chair in the middle of the dark, but it was no use. The chair had him in its clutches, and wasn't going to let him out. Miles placed his hands on the sides of the chair, and pushed himself out of the chair, stumbling to his feet and stepping on very sharp plastic objects. More than likely he had stepped on Phoenix's Valient Vampire action figure at least twice, and he heard the squeak of Larry's blue penguin more than once, so if it was broken, either one of them could pin the blame on him. Perfect.

"Phoenix, you don't happen to have a flashlight, do you?" Miles asked.

"I think I have one." Phoenix replied.

There was a pause, a brief moment of clattering, until finally, a small light clicked on.

"Yes! Shadow puppet time!" Larry exclaimed.

Now there was enough light in the room for Miles to see the other two boys in the room. Phoenix's blue eyes were wide with relief, Larry's face as blank as usual. Larry pointed the flashlight at the wall, put his fingers in front of the flashlight, and made the shape of a rabbit with his fingers. He moved it for a few paces, then Phoenix jumped in as a dog. The rabbit tried to run away, then the dog caught him and devoured the rabbit whole. A small smile tugged at the boy's face, and he finally convinced himself to jump in as another dog. The two dogs grappled, until two of Miles's fingers were caught in between Phoenix's. They freed each other from their grasp, and suddenly, the lights flickered on again.

------------------------------------------------------0------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twenty-four-year-old Miles Edgeworth was on his knees in his office. He was busy cleaning the place up, since it had become sightly cluttered from the week's events. Detective Gumshoe had been the main cause of why he was even cleaning up, since the scatterbrained, clumsy detective had accidently pushed all of Miles's paperwork onto the floor.

In the middle of his thoughts, Miles's hand made contact with an item that he had recently received, but hadn't bothered to look at. He lifted the object so that he could see it from all angles. It was the Christmas card that Wright had sent him two weeks in advance.

Dear Miles,

Hey. I just wanted to know how things have been for you. Larry's got a new girlfriend, Lizzie, no surprise there. Needless to say, it's a model. He dumped Kiyance a few weeks after the trial that I defended you in, since she didn't come to my New Year's party.

So, what about you? How's life been for you? I was just wondering, since you're my best friend and all, would you like to come to this year's Christmas party?

Write back, ok?

-Phoenix

Miles stood up and sat down at his desk, preparing himself with a sheet of paper and a calligraphy pen.

Wright,

Life's been about the same, without many changes. I'm really your best friend? Perhaps you may want to rethink that. Unless, of course, you're absolutely sure. I may or may not come to your party.

Do you remember the shadow puppets that we made over at your house during Christmas break? The power went out, and you had to get a flashlight? It was 15 years ago. You may not remember it. It was the first time that I looked into your eyes.

-Miles

"People need little evidence to think ill of others."-Miles Edgeworth, PWAA

Last edited by attorney_girl on Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: LettersTopic%20Title

I like a man with a big ... vocabulary.

Nice idea and on the whole well written. You may want to ask someone to read through your stuff first to avoid repeated words though (like chair). This is something I am horribly prone to myself when I write fic and I always spot it later and slap my forehead unless someone else has kindly been my "test reader" first.

You may want to check the timelines as well because Miles' trial was over Christmas. Maybe you could make that invitation for something else - maybe for a New Years party or for something else in January between Miles' trial and Rise From The Ashes.

Nice (first?) fic though XD Will there be more?
"Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good". - Thomas Paine
Re: LettersTopic%20Title

I object! That was...objectionable!

Great advice. I'll be writing more later. This one was a oneshot.
"People need little evidence to think ill of others."-Miles Edgeworth, PWAA
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony