Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony

Page 50 of 69[ 2742 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 69  Next

Re: Let's spork some horrible Fanfiction!Topic%20Title

Racing through the sky like a Missile

cuteyounggirlplus wrote:
@Rubia

I really enjoyed this sporking except for two things:

First, could you please not use the r-word? It's a slur.

Second, I think at least Phoenix should have picked up on Rose's mom's identity. The author wasn't very subtle.

It's a lot to read through. Which r-word are you referring to? (Just mention which chapter I put it in.)

And when I read that segment, I wasn't quite so clear on that. For a good while, I figured she was talking about someone else, especially given how out-of-left-field Rose came up.
I am seriously tired out. Went back and read it again, and Phoenix very clearly stated his fears upon figuring it out.

cuteyounggirlplus wrote:
Technically the more PC term is "mentally disabled".

Whoops, brain fart. I wondered where that term went inside my chaotic head.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Avatars are for less anxious people.

I was tired, too. Sorry.

Quote:
Phoenix: Wow, even Mr. Powers and Lamiroir were dragged into this.

Edgeworth: At least it’s an easy excuse to introduce characters that don’t get much representation.

Apollo: By “a friend” of Athena’s, does the author mean Juniper or…?

Phoenix: Eh, maybe. Does it really matter, though?

Gumshoe: …I don’t recognize a single face in there, pal.

Phoenix: Uh, Detective… what about Will Powers?

Gumshoe: …That name sure sounds familiar. Where have I heard it?

Edgeworth: You were the lead detective on several cases where he appeared as a witness, you fool!

Gumshoe: Ah! You mean THAT Mr. Powers!?

Phoenix, Edgeworth: Who else!?

It looks like Franziska's spirit has possessed Edgeworth XD.

Great sporking.

AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
Maybe I should take a chapter of The Hellspawn sometime. It does, after all, have a few certain similarities to a fic I wrote with my brother two years ago, so maybe the Management can gain a unique perspective on it?

If you want to tackle it sometime, go right ahead. There are still 47 more chapters to go... and I have yet to see just how much more awful it will actually get.

In the meantime, I can tackle another oneshot or series of oneshots... though I have no idea where to start. Anyone with ideas?

@cutegirlyoungplus I just went back to my sporking to see which word you were talking about and realized which one. I don't consider it a slur in the context, but I can see how it can be taken like one. Sorry, I'll try to avoid things like that next time.

luck wrote:
It looks like Franziska's spirit has possessed Edgeworth XD.

It does on the occasion with him. These guys constantly infect each other until Apollo is the only one remaining sane. That's one theme I will forever follow.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Who's doing turnabout egg?

......wat.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11682100/2 ... nabout-egg
Well. Looks like T-Egg's sporkers are gonna be sitting a 2 part fic. :nick-sweat:
Image Image Image Image

This isn't the first time I've seen a line worth of a chapter, and it's also not the first time I feel like denouncing all ties to FF.net. The more these publications turn up, the more the site is turning into a host for Youtube comments. I wouldn't let these things get to me, but it's at least worth complaining about.

Cause of death is being dummy

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
This isn't the first time I've seen a line worth of a chapter, and it's also not the first time I feel like denouncing all ties to FF.net. The more these publications turn up, the more the site is turning into a host for Youtube comments. I wouldn't let these things get to me, but it's at least worth complaining about.

Isn't that technically against ToS, anyway? Not that I've ever known the FF.net mods to do anything besides take down the occasional My Immortal repost...

I like to think I'm a scientist

Most of those by that author are eh, but "Turnabout Egg" made me crack up. Trollfic treads a very fine line, but that one was worth it.

I don't think the rest by that author are worth a proper sporking - they're obviously intentionally bad, trying to become the next My Immortal - but I'm glad to have been introduced to it.
Great big hopefully-scientific Ace Attorney fandom shipping survey: http://aceattorneyshipping.tumblr.com/

It doesn't matter if it's not taken down as long as other people like it, I suppose. Who's gonna spork it? Has it already been taken?

Beware of the Dog

:sadshoe: Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright Law and Order
Chapter One, Part Two

Speakers: It might have been since we talked about this awesome story, but now we are pressing on! And here are today’s sporkers!

:maya: Maya Fey!
What, this hacker journalist detective again? You can’t be serious!
:pearl: Pearl Fey!
Oh, I had nearly forgotten about it, Mystic Maya! But where is Mr Butz?
:phoenix: Phoenix Wright!
Hacker journalist? Might you tell me what you’re talking about?
:edgeworth: And… Miles Edgeworth!
It looks like the management sent me instead of the Butz… Wright, you haven’t been knocked out with that fire extinguisher again, have you?

Speakers: Please take your seats. You surely all remember the last sporking of Phoenix Wright Law and Order.
Edgeworth: Well, I don’t. I wasn’t there, after all.
Speakers: Frankly, I wasn’t talking about you, Mr Edgeworth.
Edgeworth: Then why didn’t you express yourself more precisely?
Maya: Maybe they want to make it easier for you to deal with the shock of what we are heading to?
Phoenix: And what are we heading to?
Maya: Nick, don’t tell me you forgot about that! That headphone hacker journalist detective Mary Sue you instantly fell for!
Pearl: And she only has got one eye!
Edgeworth: You fell for a woman with only one eye? Well, that's quite... unusual.
Phoenix: She hasn't really got only one eye, Edgeworth.
Maya: So you remember!
Phoenix: Yes... But I don't think there is anything else worth remembering about this Fanfic.

The lights dim, and sporking begins.

Quote:
August 3, 10:00 AM

District Court Courtroom No. 2

Edgeworth: Wasn't that your first trial?
Phoenix: How do you know that?
Edgeworth: Whenever the Butz causes such a stir, it's nearly impossible to be not aware of it. You can figuratively smell it from miles away.
Phoenix: (And I thought it was because of me...)
Quote:
Inside the courtroom – Phoenix was set, Larry was seated, Mia was by Phoenix's side as well as Raven too on the side, people watching, cops were all over, juries in the background 'but never seen', the prosecutor was also seated and the Judge himself in the middle.

Edgeworth: Author, haven't you ever thought about the jurists being "never seen" because there weren't any at that trial?
Phoenix: Edgeworth, maybe we should be happy about everything they made up themselves... Except of Raven.
Quote:
Winston Payne was old looking with some hair on him but he was a tricky prosecutor that Mia knows about – with some gray hair, glasses, and wore a gray suit, with a white shirt in it, a red tie, and black shoes. He hates to lose. As for the Judge himself – though tough but a kind person to follow the law, a long gray beard, tall, wearing black all over, from pants to shoes too, carries lots of books and having his gavel to slam down the order in his court. Now it has began once the Judge slams it down a few times for silences was made and a bit shaking up to Raven.

Edgeworth: And that is supposed to be the Mary Sue you had fallen for before the trial even began, Wright?
Maya: Well, I think she doesn't know that she is a Mary Sue at all. And you like shy girls who are nervous all the time, don't you, Nick?
Phoenix: Of course I don't!
Quote:
*All Rise!*

Judge: The court is now in session for the trial of Mr. Larry Butz.

Winston was all ready to go as always.

Payne: The prosecution is ready, Your Honor.

As well as the new Phoenix lawyer too, but Raven had a bad feeling about this.

Edgeworth: Actually, that woman seems to be quite intelligent to me.
Phoenix: That wasn't funny, Edgeworth.
Maya: Don't be grumpy, Nick!
Quote:
Phoenix: The, um, defense is ready, Your Honor.

Judge: Ahem. Mr. Wright? This is your first trial, is it not?

Phoenix: Y-Yes, Your Honor. I'm, um, a little nervous.

Judge: Your conduct during this trial will decide the fate of your client. Murder is a serious charge. For your client's sake, I hope you can control your nerves.

Phoenix: Thank... thank you, Your Honor.

Raven saying she too had a bad feeling for him.

Raven: (Solving this and getting this guy the big scoop won't be so good.)

Edgeworth: Maybe you should stop being interested in obviously wrong women.
Phoenix: That isn't me, Edgeworth! And what do you mean by "obviously wrong women"?
Quote:
Judge: … Mr. Wright, given the circumstances... I think we should have a test to ascertain your readiness.

Phoenix: Yes, Your Honor. (Gulp... Hands shaking... Eyesight... fading...)

Mia sees Raven watching from behind as she pulls her up to sit close to Phoenix with her supporting them.

Maya: Sit? Why can that hacker journalist sit while supporting Nick in court? I have to stand all the time!
Phoenix: And what about me? I have to stand all the time too!
Edgeworth: If that lack of comfort is the only thing you care about, then maybe you should have chosen another occupation. ...Though the same goes for Miss Raven.
Quote:
Mia: Raven, come on. This is your shot.

Raven: What do you want me to do?

Mia: You got the papers so help Wright out on what to say.

Raven: Me…?

Mia: You'll do fine.

Phoenix: Hey, I'm quite good at checking my files myself, thanks!
Mia: Really? Hadn't you forgotten the victims name as the judge asked you?
Phoenix: (Huh? What's about the sudden channeling, Pearls?)
Quote:
Judge: This test will consist of a few simple questions. Answer them clearly and concisely. Please state the name of the defendant in this case.

Raven took deep breaths to lend Phoenix a hand for him to seeing her again looking lovely for h im to be looking at her so much.

Phoenix: What did she just say... I mean, think?
Edgeworth: I'm not sure either.
Maya: Maybe it's some kind of way to express her love for Phoenix?
Edgeworth: By messing up her brain until loose words fall out? I don't think so.
Quote:
Phoenix: It's you… Chief?

Mia: What am I? The defendant? I'm positive I'm not, Wright.
Phoenix: Chief, you know I didn't say that...
Mia: I told her to help you out. Get to it.

Judge asks Phoenix about the questions again.

Judge: Excuse me, Mr. Wright?

Phoenix: Ah, yes. Umm…

Raven had to help out.

Raven: It's the defendant, Larry Butz. Remember?

***Larry Butz*******************************

Phoenix: The defendant? Oh, right. Well, that's Larry Butz, Your Honor.[/quote]
Phoenix: I don't need a strange one-eyed hacker journalist to tell me that I'm defending Larry! Does she think I'm totally harebrained?
Edgeworth: Apparently, she isn't the only only who does. The author of this fanfic seems to equally do so.
Quote:
Judge: Correct. Just keep your wits about you and you'll do fine. Next question: This is a murder trial. Tell me, what's the victim's name?

Phoenix turns to Raven for another help.

Raven: Her name was Cindy Stone.

***Cindy Stone******************************

Phoenix: Um... the victim's name is Cindy Stone.

Edgeworth: You really didn't know the victims name in a murder trial? Then how did you even manage it to stand more than five minutes?
Maya: I bet it was because of lovely Raven!
Phoenix: Maya, stop this farce, please...
Quote:
Judge: Correct. Now, tell me, what was the cause of death? She died because she was...?

Raven had the last one for sure.

Raven: A heavy blunt object.

***Hit with a blunt object******************

Phoenix: She was struck once, by a blunt object.

Phoenix: I don't need any strange hacker journalist detective girl to tell me everything I have to say!
Maya: Phoenix! Better say that you wouldn't accept help by some weirdly dressed girl! That doesn't sound that discriminating against hacker... journalist detectives...
Phoenix: Okay, then I wouldn't let a weirdly dressed girl decide what I have to say!
Edgeworth: You just did, Wright. (Am I the only one who cares about that odd ***-lines whenever you come across a mutiple choice question?)
Quote:
Judge: Correct. You've answered all my questions. I see no reason why we shouldn't proceed. You seem much more relaxed, Mr. Wright. Good for you.

Phoenix felt relaxed so far so good with Raven helping him out.

Phoenix: Thank you, Your Honor. (Because I don't FEEL relaxed, that's for sure. But it wasn't my luck… It was hers.)

Mia: Seems like the author is trying to squeeze that girl into what happened that day...
Phoenix: Actually, she makes me feel unnecessary.
Mia: Shouldn't I be the one who feels unnecessary, Wright?
Maya: What about me? If it goes on like this, I will be pretty unnecessary!
Phoenix: (I think she has a point there...)
Quote:
Mia pats Raven on the back.

Mia: Keep it up now, Raven.

Phoenix: But it's my debut and not hers!
Edgeworth: Actually, it seems to be her debut as your all-knowing new assistant.
Phoenix: Yes, but it's my trial!
Quote:
Raven: Ah, thanks, Mia.

Phoenix like that name from Raven.

Edgeworth: That sentence is a mess, although one can still understand what it says.
Phoenix: Frankly, I wish couldn't. (Is there anything my fic-self doesn't like about her? What comes next? A one-eyed fetish?)
Quote:
Phoenix: That's a nice name she has… (Come on, Wright! She's helping you listen and think! Stay focus now and chit chatting later!)

Edgeworth: I guess that is supposed to mean: "She's helping you, listen and think!"?
Maya: Really, Mr Edgeworth? I thought it would be: "She's helping you to listen and think!"
Edgeworth: Well, that could also be an option.
Quote:
Judge: Well, then... First, a question for the prosecution. Mr. Payne?

Payne: Yes, Your Honor?

Judge: As Mr. Wright just told us, the victim was struck with a blunt object. Would you explain to the court just what that "object" was?

Payne: The murder weapon was this statue of "The Thinker." It was found lying on the floor, next to the victim.

Judge: I see... the court accepts it into evidence.

Statue added to the Court Record for Raven to get.

Raven: One murder item added to the records.

Maya: "Murder item"? I wonder whether there are also "non-murder items"?
Edgeworth: And what would that be, Miss Fey?
Maya: Well... I know! Something like your cravat, Mr Edgeworth! It has nothing to do with a murder, after all!
Phoenix: Are you sure? If you stuffed it into someone's throat, I'm positive they would suffocate...
Edgeworth: Wright!
Quote:
Mia: Wright... Be sure to pay attention to any evidence added during the trial. That evidence is the only ammunition you have in court. Touch the Court Record button to check the Court Record frequently. You too, Raven, back him up.

Edgeworth: What exactly is the point of talking about touching the Court Record button in a written story?
Speakers: Well, buttons can be everywhere. Actually, there is also a "Court-Records.Net" button to get back to the main site.
Maya: Where? Here? Come on, Nick, let's look for it!
Phoenix: Maya... I definitely don't think it's that easy.
Speakers: Definitely.
Maya: Arrgh... That's not fair...
Quote:
Raven: I'll try. I guess if I can get my story in return.

Mia: It's a deal.

Phoenix: And what's my part?
Maya: You are allowed to look at that hacker journalist, silly!
Phoenix: And why would I accept such a deal?
Maya: Well... You weren't asked.
Quote:
Judge: Mr. Payne, the prosecution may call its first witness.

Payne: The prosecution calls the defendant, Mr. Butz, to the stand.

Phoenix: Um, Chief, what do I do now?

Mia: Pay attention. You don't want to miss any information that might help your client's case. You'll get your chance to respond to the prosecution later, so be ready! Let's just hope he doesn't say anything... unfortunate.

Raven stays in the game.

Raven: This is so weird… Why am I doing this for a newbie?

Phoenix: Why am I doing this for a hacker journalist detective I don't even know? That's the weird thing!
Quote:
Phoenix: (Uh oh, Larry gets excited easily... this could be bad.)

Larry takes the first stands in court to be questioned and all, he didn't look to happy since it was his girlfriend being killed.

Payne: Ahem. Mr. Butz. Is it not true that the victim had recently dumped you?

Butz: Hey, watch it buddy! We were great together! We were Romeo and Juliet, Cleopatra and Mark Anthony!

There goes Phoenix and Raven being confused about.

Raven: Romeo and Juliet?

Phoenix: (Um... didn't they all die?)

Poor Larry…

Edgeworth: Cleopatra and Mark Anthony? Was that really what he said?
Phoenix: Yes, it was exactly the same.
Mia: It doesn't look like the author was good at making up things themselves...
Edgeworth: Then what is even the point of writing?
Maya: Maybe they want to express their... nonexistent creativity. Well, that didn't sound right, somehow...
Quote:
Payne: Mr. Butz, what you describe is generally what we mean by "dumped." In fact, she had completely abandoned you... and was seeing other men! She had just returned from overseas with one of them the day before the murder!

Butz: Whaddya mean, "One of them"!? Lies! All of it lies! I don't believe a word of it!

Payne: Your Honor, the victim's passport. According to this, she was in Paris until the day before she died.

Raven: Looks like she made a long trip.

Phoenix: Do you think I don't know where Paris is?
{After this intelligent remark, the whole discussion about the victims Sugar Daddies goes on while Raven doesn't say anything.}
Phoenix: How grateful of her.
Maya: I don't think she is that bad, Nick...
Phoenix: No, she is just an insane Mary Sue who stole first my heart and then basically my job and still insists that she isn't aware of it!
Quote:
Mia: Wright... I don't think you want him to answer that question.

Phoenix: (Yeah... Larry has a way of running his mouth in all the wrong directions. Should I...?)

***Wait and see what happens****************

Raven says something.

Phoenix: And because of this being such an important event, there has of course to be an extra line to announce it.
Quote:
Raven: Wait and see what happens. Because either way we're getting nowhere so far.

Phoenix: (She's right. Might be better not to get involved in this one...)

Payne: Well, Mr. Butz?

Butz: Dude, no way! That cheating she-dog! I'm gonna die. I'm just gonna drop dead! Yeah, and when I meet her in the afterlife... I'm going to get to the bottom of this!

It seems Larry is doomed unless something would to come up at anytime now.

Judge: Let's continue with the trial, shall we?

Payne: I believe the accuser's motive is clear to everyone.

Judge: Yes, quite.

Phoenix: (Oh boy. This is so not looking good.)

Raven sees that Phoenix really wants to save his friend.

Raven: He's serious, isn't he?

Phoenix: Of course he is. I mean, it's Larry!
Quote:
Payne: Next question! You went to the victim's apartment on the day of the murder, did you not?

Butz: Gulp!

Payne: Well, did you, or did you not?

Butz: Heh? Heh, heh. Well, maybe I did, and maybe I didn't!

Phoenix: (Uh oh. He went. What do I do?)

Judge: Well, that simplifies matters. Who is your witness?

Payne: The man who found the victim's body. Just before making the gruesome discovery... He saw the defendant fleeing the scene of the crime!

That got people all confused in the room for the Judge to calming them down.

Judge: Order! Order in the court! Mr. Payne, the prosecution may call its witness.

Payne: Yes, Your Honor.

Phoenix: (This is bad...)

Raven: (No way I want to this to be in the papers.)

Edgeworth: So she just uses him to have a good story to sell afterwards?
Mia: Well, that's how it looks like.
Phoenix: (And you gave her the permission to do it!)
Quote:
Payne: On the day of the murder, my witness was selling newspapers at the victim's building. Please bring Mr. Frank Sahwit to the stand! Mr. Sahwit, you sell newspaper subscriptions, is this correct?

Sahwit: Oh, oh yes! Newspapers, yes!

The victim to speak next who people think he heard about it was Frank Sahwit a door to door salesman.

Maya: I'm not sure whether I got that sentence...
Edgeworth: I'm quite positive that nobody of us does, Miss Fey.
Quote:
Looked smiling too much with a red dot on his head, a brown wig 'since he has no hair at all, wore a purple suit, with a red tie, with some white shirt in the suit, and black shoes on.

Phoenix: What is the point of stating that he has a bald head at this time?
Maya: Hmm, let me think... I know! I bet that hacker detective has got x-ray vision and is able to see through the wig right from the beginning!
Phoenix: What about a more simple explanation? Like an author that writes without thinking?
Maya: You're so boring, Nick! Think creatively! Open up your mind!
Phoenix: Better tell that the person who wrote this.
Quote:
Was he really friendly or just someone looking very odd?

Edgeworth: How exactly does one of those things rule out the other one?
Maya: Not at all, of course! I mean, just think of Detective Gumshoe!
Edgeworth: Yes, you may be right.
Maya: Or of Larry!
Edgeworth: Hmpf. I'm not sure whether I can agree with you, Miss Fey.
Quote:
For Raven had a funny feeling about him.

Raven: Hmm… Frank Sahwit, huh? Okay? (How can person smile like that all day?)

Mia: I somehow can agree with her up to that point.
Phoenix: It really seems to be one of her smartest remarks.
Quote:
Judge: Mr. Sahwit, you may proceed with your testimony. Please tell the court what you saw on the day of the murder.

And the story of the victims begins…

Phoenix: How exactly is Sahwit's testimony supposed to be "the story of the victim?"
Maya: Nick! It says "the story of the victimS!"
Phoenix: But there was only one victim, right?
Maya: Maybe Larry does also count as victim?
Phoenix: Well, that sounds actually possible.
Pearl: What, Mr Butz is a victim? But he is a nice person, somehow...
Phoenix: Huh, Pearls?
Pearls: Looks like Mia has gone back... Hey, Mr Nick, there's a button under my seat!
Phoenix: A button? I'm wondering if...
Speakers: N-No, that's not what you think it is. Did you really think we would make it so easy to escape from here?
Edgeworth: Your voice is trembling, Sir. And you are the only one who said anything about this being an escape route.
Pearl: Mystic Maya, what do you think would happen if I pressed it?
Speakers: N-Nothing, of course. Or at least nothing that would mean huge trouble to us ...and the entire universe.
Pearl: O-Okay...
Maya: Pearly! Buttons are the to be pressed! Look, you just press it and see what..."
Beep...
Speakers: Hello? Hey! You can't just... That's not funny! Where did you...
Technical problems. Please wait. Technical problems. Please wait.
Speakers: Come back!

Well, that's was my first time around here... Hope you can tell me how I can improve!

I'm having a hard time reading this because there's no space between the lines... :payne:

Oh, yeh. This fic exists...

I was fine with the formatting, aside from one spot that looked like it missed a quote box, but it might be better to space out lines a bit more, so it'd be easier to read.

Good job for your first, Victoria. Now, I don't know why there'd be easy-escape buttons under the seats. That seems like a huge oversight on the management's part. :p (Though, it does explain how Kay used to run around amok.)

That aside, it's time for some critique. I enjoyed the interactions you had with everyone, but I think some places were a little cut and dry. For one, the way Pearl was here just to channel Mia seems a little forced. Mia has a pretty big role in the chapter, so I can understand why. But it would have been better if Maya or Pearl made some sort of comment leading into the channeling, like "I wonder what Mia would say to this..." Or, better yet, introduce Mia (being channeled by Pearl) as one of the sporkers in the intro.

For another, I have to agree with Maya. Phoenix and Edgeworth are quite dull here - that is, their characterization is treading old ground. I recommend throwing in a bit more sarcastic wit to them, or have them suggest ways to help the fic improve. It doesn't break their character, and it gives them more reason to snark. Remember, everyone here has a chance to have funny lines.

Also, as a tidbit, Edgeworth refers to Maya just by her first name.

Edit: I've been considering writing up a guide to sporkings for the newcomers if people are interested. Usually, these things are pretty loose in terms of how they should be written, but sometimes, I see certain kinds of little mishaps that can detract from a sporker's work.

Beware of the Dog

Thanks for the advise! I'm still wondering how that Gumshoe face got into the title...

Just thought I should shed some light on the Turnabout Egg situation, because it makes more sense if you know why they did that.

So in the /r/aceattorney discord, we got someone who claimed to be the real jakkid166 in our chat. Obviously, we had some doubts, so we asked them to update Turnabout Egg, and include the line: "And then the judge ate some popcorn while wearing headphones." And, wouldn't you know it, they did it!

Anyway, good sporkings everyone! :D

That explains a lot, thanks. (They at least could have left an author's note to avoid confusion, but let bygones be.)

Btw, is there anyone who's interested in a sporking guide? Ya know, nothing strict or formal; just a few tips and tricks to tipping the balance between good and great, courtesy of this vet pet. Not that I'm saying anyone in particular needs it. And definitely not saying this to skimp out on writing another sporking for a while. ;>3>

That explains a lot, thanks. (They at least could have left an author's note to avoid confusion, but let bygones be.)

Btw, is there anyone who's interested in a sporking guide? Ya know, nothing strict or formal; just a few tips and tricks to tipping the balance between good and great, courtesy of this vet pet. Not that I'm saying anyone in particular needs it. And definitely not saying this to skimp out on writing another sporking for a while. ;>3>

As long as you include the basics, like, Management speaks in bold, the Narrator speaks in italics, how to rate something properly (if anyone even knows what that means anymore), putting extra space in between your lines to make it more readable, and how to determine what a sporkable fic is as opposed to just a bad fic.

I mean, yeah, but they're either a troll or very young, sooo.

And I'd be really interested in that! I'm not sure if I'd be good at sporkings, but I really like reading them. I was considering making a list of what each character calls each other, so that people can keep that in mind when they write. I dunno if you'd want to include that in your guide, or if I should make that its own thing.

DecisiveWitness wrote:

I mean, yeah, but they're either a troll or very young, sooo.

And I'd be really interested in that! I'm not sure if I'd be good at sporkings, but I really like reading them. I was considering making a list of what each character calls each other, so that people can keep that in mind when they write. I dunno if you'd want to include that in your guide, or if I should make that its own thing.

Either way, this is something we definitely need. I always get tripped up on this.
(It could also include what characters who have never really interacted in canon called each other in previously written sporkings - like everyone has Maya and Kay call each other by their first names, Edgeworth calls Apollo "Justice" with no "Mr." in front of it, and if I remember correctly I had Godot call Apollo "Red" and there was another sporker that also used that.)

Righto. I'll see how I can fit some of that in, but I think I'll first need a list of what these guys have called each other in previous sporkings if they haven't met in canon. (Haha, "Red". Dun remember which sporking it was.)

Righto. I'll see how I can fit some of that in, but I think I'll first need a list of what these guys have called each other in previous sporkings if they haven't met in canon. (Haha, "Red". Dun remember which sporking it was.)

I think "Red" might have started during Airey's sporking of Law + Chaos. I recently reread that one, and they had to interact a lot in that, but I'm not quite sure if that was the first time :ron:

I've been rereading some of the old sporkings anyway, so I'll look out for that kind of stuff.

DecisiveWitness wrote:
I think "Red" might have started during Airey's sporking of Law + Chaos. I recently reread that one, and they had to interact a lot in that, but I'm not quite sure if that was the first time :ron:

I've been rereading some of the old sporkings anyway, so I'll look out for that kind of stuff.

I'm pretty sure you're right. I think I also included a comment about how technically Apollo's clothes look white to him, but he assumes they're supposed to be red since Apollo looks bad in white. (Although it might be the case in actuality that Godot sees white things as red and not red things as white like I've always thought. Was it said either way in-game? Or just that red and white appear the same to him? Because I had another Godot-sees-red-things-as-white joke in the Stiff sporking.)

I think the main reason Godot sees white things as red is because his visor gives off red light. He sees everything in a red hue, so red still looks red, blue looks kinda dark, but not quite black, and white becomes red. Black, of course, is still black, but with a slightly red hue.

I think the main reason Godot sees white things as red is because his visor gives off red light. He sees everything in a red hue, so red still looks red, blue looks kinda dark, but not quite black, and white becomes red. Black, of course, is still black, but with a slightly red hue.

But that wasn't explicitly addressed, right? My jokes aren't technically ruined?

AireyVerkhovensky wrote:

But that wasn't explicitly addressed, right? My jokes aren't technically ruined?

"Have you forgotten already? In my world, the color red doesn't exist. These must be... my tears."

Joke not-ruined!

Very well, Godot saw Phoenix dressed in purple and that reminded him of Redd White, headcanon confirmed.

I think I'm going to try and spork this fic? I'm not really comfortable with my sporking ability, but I feel like this one might be fun. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7328491/1/What-the-Hell

Also, on how characters refer to each other: I've started on a list, but it's still a WIP. If I've got something wrong/am forgetting something, please let me know. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fW- ... sp=sharing :will:

DecisiveWitness wrote:
I think I'm going to try and spork this fic? I'm not really comfortable with my sporking ability, but I feel like this one might be fun. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7328491/1/What-the-Hell

Also, on how characters refer to each other: I've started on a list, but it's still a WIP. If I've got something wrong/am forgetting something, please let me know. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fW- ... sp=sharing :will:

Didn't somebody already do that one? Or am I just going crazy.

Edit: for your list:
- Edgeworth calls Maya Maya
- Godot actually stopped calling Phoenix "Trite" after Bridge to Turnabout, IIRC, and goes by Diego Armando again
- I think Klavier also called Phoenix Herr Wright at least once?
- Iris calls Phoenix both Phoenix and Feenie, I'm pretty sure
- Larry calls Edgeworth Edgey
- I think the only people who call Edgeworth Miles are Franziska and Ray, and younger Franziska is the one more likely to call him Miles instead of his full name) (and it can be assumed that his dad calls him Miles but we've yet to have a sporking with both of them. Actually, has Gregory Edgeworth been in a sporking yet at all?)
- I wanna say Edgeworth called Pearl Pearls once, but that might have just been once and he calls her Pearl normally, I don't really remember
- Phoenix calls Mia Mia sometimes, he alternates but I'm not really sure of what contexts lead to Chief and what contexts lead to Mia

AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
DecisiveWitness wrote:

I didn't find any previous sporkings of it, but I might have overlooked it. I feel like the storyline of it isn't incredibly original, though, so it might be easy to confuse it. If I did miss it, I'm incredibly sorry. :knock-knock:

Edit: added some of your name-suggestions onto the list. Thanks for them!

Last edited by DecisiveWitness on Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DecisiveWitness wrote:
AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
DecisiveWitness wrote:

I didn't find any previous sporkings of it, but I might have overlooked it. I feel like the storyline of it isn't incredibly original, though, so it might be easy to confuse it. If I did miss it, I'm incredibly sorry. :knock-knock:

We're 50 pages into the thread and we have no table of contents. If you missed it, it's no big deal. And unless someone actually finds a previous sporking of it, we can assume that it hasn't been done. (Maybe it's just been recommended before and that's why I recognized it?)

I'm currently drafting up this guide, and I haven't decided whether I should be lazy and go formal or be creative and make the sporkers do it instead.

DecisiveWitness wrote:

Thanks for the list! How many of them are you going to do? I don't believe we need it for every character in the games; just the ones that have appeared in the Theater at least once. If we need to add more names for minor characters, we can update it then.

I've been revisiting AAI, and I'm certain that MVK only refers to Edgeworth by last name. Edgey refers to him as "sir" a lot, though refers to him in third person as "Mr. von Karma". (Iirc, in Jp, he refers to him as Sensei all the time.) And child Franziska refers to him by full name more or less the same as when she's older.

Oh, yeah. Don't forget Blackquill. He loves his donos, but for some reason, has never referred to his boss with it... I'm just gonna keep tacking it on as such because he's such a dork imo.

AireyVerkhovensky wrote:

You're going crazy. :D imsorrythatwasbadiwontdoitagain

Quote:
- Godot actually stopped calling Phoenix "Trite" after Bridge to Turnabout, IIRC, and goes by Diego Armando again

I wouldn't worry too much about this; "Trite" is just such a lovable nickname that it wouldn't matter if he brings it up occasionally.

Quote:

Indeed.

Quote:
(and it can be assumed that his dad calls him Miles but we've yet to have a sporking with both of them. Actually, has Gregory Edgeworth been in a sporking yet at all?)

Not that I recall, no. That is one man we ought to introduce to the theater, and then the two Edgeworths will be at peace... in this torture chamber.

Quote:
- I wanna say Edgeworth called Pearl Pearls once, but that might have just been once and he calls her Pearl normally, I don't really remember

He called her Pearl once before, back in 3-5. I remember now, he also shot a right hook into the detective's face. :) It was in 5-5 when he then referred to her as "Pearls". I don't know if that was a typo or not, but I guess that's just to show how he opened up a bit, I guess? (The name didn't change in the Jp ver, btw.)

Quote:
- Phoenix calls Mia Mia sometimes, he alternates but I'm not really sure of what contexts lead to Chief and what contexts lead to Mia

Usually he refers to her as Mia. When she goes full mentor mode on him, he calls her Chief.

I'm currently drafting up this guide, and I haven't decided whether I should be lazy and go formal or be creative and make the sporkers do it instead.

DecisiveWitness wrote:

Thanks for the list! How many of them are you going to do? I don't believe we need it for every character in the games; just the ones that have appeared in the Theater at least once. If we need to add more names for minor characters, we can update it then.

I've been revisiting AAI, and I'm certain that MVK only refers to Edgeworth by last name. Edgey refers to him as "sir" a lot, though refers to him in third person as "Mr. von Karma". (Iirc, in Jp, he refers to him as Sensei all the time.) And child Franziska refers to him by full name more or less the same as when she's older.

Oh, yeah. Don't forget Blackquill. He loves his donos, but for some reason, has never referred to his boss with it... I'm just gonna keep tacking it on as such because he's such a dork imo.

AireyVerkhovensky wrote:

You're going crazy. :D imsorrythatwasbadiwontdoitagain

Quote:

I wouldn't worry too much about this; "Trite" is just such a lovable nickname that it wouldn't matter if he brings it up occasionally.

Quote:

Indeed.

Quote:
(and it can be assumed that his dad calls him Miles but we've yet to have a sporking with both of them. Actually, has Gregory Edgeworth been in a sporking yet at all?)

Not that I recall, no. That is one man we ought to introduce to the theater, and then the two Edgeworths will be at peace... in this torture chamber.

Quote:

He called her Pearl once before, back in 3-5. I remember now, he also shot a right hook into the detective's face. :) It was in 5-5 when he then referred to her as "Pearls". I don't know if that was a typo or not, but I guess that's just to show how he opened up a bit, I guess? (The name didn't change in the Jp ver, btw.)

Quote:

Usually he refers to her as Mia. When she goes full mentor mode on him, he calls her Chief.

I can't wait for your guide! :D Both formal and creative sound good.

I'll be editing the doc with those names soon.

Also, would anybody be willing to give me advice/edit my spork? I don't have it quite done yet, but I'm working through it, and I can already tell I'll need someone to help me with it. :payne:

Person who lives on the internet

Hello! After a good few days of reading, I have officially read through every page. So in celebration, I have made an account so I can talk to the amazing people writing these sporks. Maybe I'll try my hand at sporting something too ^.^

DigitalVaporeon wrote:
Hello! After a good few days of reading, I have officially read through every page. So in celebration, I have made an account so I can talk to the amazing people writing these sporks. Maybe I'll try my hand at sporting something too ^.^

Welcome!

AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
DigitalVaporeon wrote:

Welcome!

Thank you for the welcome! I look forward to properly getting to know the people who post here ^.^

On a road to nowhere.

Since this is a thread about bad fanfiction, I figured I'd post something I did here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0IRaG40PpA

I've been doing readings of damon gant escaps from prison, just recently came out with chapter 2.

@DrOcsid

Oh, I forgot how humorously bad that fic was. Good job on the video! (I love how Raymond and Kristoph were some of the random people on the street.)

Someone made a fic about Gant being Apollo's father...this is what I get for looking at fics in the humor category.

Didn't someone spork that one a long time ago? What's its title? I might recognize it.

This? https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6318426/1/ ... o-s-Father
Image Image Image Image
Page 50 of 69 [ 2742 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 69  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony