Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony

Page 1 of 1[ 6 posts ]

Turnabout HighschoolTopic%20Title

What am I Prosecuting fooooooor!?

Title: Turnabout Highschool
Author: SilentBobX
Rating: T for Teen (PG)
Genre: Murder Mystery
Summary: Some time after his first loss in court, Phoenix is called by an old friend to represent a janitor for killing a high school student. In his investigation, Phoenix finds out that a new Prosecutor has set out to defeat him in court. Will this new Prosecutor stop at nothing to see Phoenix lose? And why does the janitor not trust Phoenix to represent him?

Turnabout High School

It was dark in the hallway. The lights were shut off. A faint light could be seen shining through the windows. A figure was walking in the dark, as if looking for something. He would pass by many doors, all marked with a three digit number, starting with the number 2.

???: Hey! Are you here!? I thought I saw you run this way!

He looked left and right calling for someone. As he continued to look around, another figure was creeping behind, carefully not making a noise. A shiny object seemed to be in it’s hand. The person who called out before didn’t seem to notice the creeping stranger. The stranger’s creeping soon went into walking, soon into running. The shiny object in his hand raised.

*Click*

???: Huh!? Wh-what was- GAGHHHCKkkkkk!!!!

The person eyes had widened open, like they never had before. Blood was coming out of his mouth. He had been stabbed from the back. His assailant took the weapon out from his back. Blood dripped down to the floor, Making a puddle. Slowly he would turn his head to look behind himself. As he saw his attacker, tears would begin to form in his eyes. He soon slumped down and fell on his face. The attacker ran away. A door could be heard slamming shut down the hallway. As the victim lay dying on the floor, he muttered something with his last breath.

???: I.... I’m s-s-sorryyy.....

April 5th - Wright and co. Law offices

Phoenix was sitting at his desk in his office. He was reading the paper looking through the news section. The door to the office had opened. Phoenix looked up to see Maya, his assistant, come in with a paper bag. He put the paper down and got up.

Maya: Good morning, Nick!

Phoenix: Hey, Maya. Good morning.

Maya set the bag down on the desk where Phoenix was reading his paper.

Maya: Here You go Nick, a Creme cheese Bagel.

Phoenix: Ahhh, thanks Maya. What did you get?

Maya: only the Best of the best! A bagel sandwich with eggs, bacon, peppers, ham, and cheese!

Phoenix: ... uh... kinda makes my creme cheese bagel pathetic in comparison.

Maya: Oh I got Creme cheese in mine, too! I just didn’t wanna over do yours.

Phoenix: (Over do mine? You shouldn’t talk, miss Bagel Sandwich.)

Maya looked at the paper Phoenix had put down. On the front page, it had said that there was a murder at a high school the other night, and that the victim was a student.

Maya: Gosh... that’s pretty sad.

Phoenix: Yeah... I’ve been hearing about it all morning.

Maya picked up a chair and sat in front of the desk. Phoenix sat down as well, and they both began to eat their Breakfast.

Phoenix: Apparently, the victim was a 17 year old boy. They found his body in the school. He was a football player for the school.

Maya: A football Player?

Phoenix: Yeah. Seems like they were having a game last night.

Maya: If they were playing a game, why was his body found inside the high school?

Phoenix: Who knows... he probably went to use the bathroom or something.

???: NIIIIIIIIIICK!!!!

Just then, the door bursted open, and in came a man in orange, around Phoenix’s age.

Phoenix: L-larry!?

Larry: N-nick!! Ya-ya gotta help!

Maya: Wh-what’s wrong Larry!?

Larry: I-it’s terrible guys!! Call the police! Contact the Newspaper!! Make loud noise!!!

Larry took out a paper from inside his coat and pointed at the front page.

Larry: Here! Look at the Paper! See!? See!!? look, man look!!!

Maya and Phoenix looked at Larry with Blank Faces.

Phoenix: Uhhhh... yeah, we know about that Larry. It’s in all the newspaper.

Larry: Y-y’know!?

Maya: Yeah we do. ... Why are you so worked up over it Larry!?

Phoenix: (Wait a minute) L-larry. Why ARE you so worked up over this!? You didn’t...

Larry: Hugh!?

Maya: Larry? You couldn’t have...

Larry: Waitwaitwait!! Nononono!!!

Larry raised his hands in protest.

Larry: C’mon Nick! Here look, read this.

Larry gave Phoenix his paper and pointed at a part for him to read.

Phoenix: Uh, let’s see... “During last nights investigation, a suspect was arrested. The suspect is a janitor who works at the school. The body of the victim was found in his custodial Closet. Police have yet to find anymore evidence that link the janitor to the murder.”

Phoenix put the paper down and looked to Larry.

Phoenix: This still doesn’t explain why you’re so worked up Larry...

Larry: That janitor they’re talking about... I, uhhh, I know him. He’s a friend of mine.

Maya: He’s a Friend?

Larry: Yeah!

Phoenix: So what does that mean?

Larry: It means he didn’t do it!!! Look, Nick... I-I know Sherman! I know he wouldn’t do anything like kill a kid.

Maya: Sherman?

Larry: That’s the Name of the janitor they arrested! Nick! Y-you gotta help him man!! I know he didn’t do it!!

Phoenix: Are you sure, Larry?

Larry: Honest, Nick! That’s why you need to be his Lawyer!!

Phoenix: Hugh!? He doesn’t have one?

Larry: Naw he doesn’t. He turned down all the Lawyers that went to represent him!

Maya: Why would he do that?

Phoenix: Well, a murder of a child can make for a pretty big case. He probably thinks he doesn’t have a chance.

Larry: Yeah, but he DIDN’T do it!! I know he didn’t!!

Maya: How come you’re so sure, Larry?

Larry: I-I just know! Nick! Please!! Please defend him!

Phoenix looked at Larry with concern. He knew his friend to be the type to goof off and womanize, but for him to go out of his way for someone else.

Phoenix: ... Okay, Larry. I’ll go talk to him.

Larry: You Will!?

Larry looked up at Phoenix, feeling relieved.

Larry: Nick... th-thanks, Nick! I owe you one!!

Larry jumped up toward Phoenix and grabbed him by the waist, wiggling around.

Larry: ThankyouThankyouThankyou!!!

Phoenix: Gah!! Okay, Okay!! Let go!

Phoenix managed to get Larry off. As Larry was dusting himself off, he looked at his watch.

Larry: Yipes! Uhh.. Okay, I better get going, I’ll see you guys later!

Phoenix: Alright, Larry. Maya and I will go talk to your Friend, and see if he’ll let us represent him.

Larry: Okay! See ya later Maya, Nick!

And with that, Larry left the Office.

Maya: Gee, Larry really believes his friend didn’t do it.

Phoenix: Yeah, I just wonder how Larry knows a janitor. Oh well, let’s head down to detention and talk with the janitor Maya.

Maya: Okay! Let’s go Nick!
Re: Turnabout HighschoolTopic%20Title

Phoenix wright: Objection (sprite comic)

Really awesome~!! I hope you post more!
^Click to read Phoenix Wright Objection!

What am I Prosecuting fooooooor!?

Phew! i managed to get more written up. Nothing too golden but this is all just build up. I'm only good at script writing, (sorta) so i try and make it like Dioloug from the game. I hope that's good enough.

April, 5th – Detention center

Maya and Phoenix had just arrived at the detention center. They sat down and waited to see their would be client. On the other side of the security glass, a shady looking man came up and sat across Phoenix. He had dark skin, and some curly hair sticking out from under a red cap. The red cap hid his eyes, overshadowing them giving him a shady look. He had on a grey jump suit, like a custodian would wear to a school. Phoenix was a little nervous.

Phoenix: (I-is this Larry’s friend!?)

???: Is there a problem?

Phoenix: Yipe! Uh-uh no, no! No problem!! Heh, heh…

Maya: Nick! Why are you acting so nervous?

???: Nick? So you’re the lawyer Larry was talking about?

Phoenix: Uhh… yes. That’s me.

The person continued to look at Phoenix with a piercing stare. It only made Phoenix more nervous.

???: … Just get out and leave me alone…

Maya&Phoenix: WHAT!??

???: You heard me… I don’t need a person like you to defend me.

Phoenix had a confused look on his face. He wasn’t willing to leave though, yet.

Phoenix: Why won’t you let me take your case? Larry said-

???: Larry, needs to mind his own business…

The person tugged on his hat, adjusting it over his eyes.

???: … And that includes you.

Phoenix began to get angry.

Phoenix: Well I don’t intend on leaving, until I hear what you have to say.

The person looked at Phoenix with his piercing stare, only this time phoenix didn’t seem to be intimidated.

???: Hmmph… They say I killed a kid… a High school boy… that’s quite a case to handle. You really think I’m innocent?

Phoenix: …

???: A lot of lawyers came by and told me they could get me off with some sort of insanity plea, or something of the like. When the court asks you where you stand… What’ll you say?

Phoenix: … Simple, we’ll plead Not Guilty. And that’s it.

The Person’s eyes widened, surprised by Phoenix’s Answer.

Phoenix: Larry, believes you didn’t kill that boy. If that’s the case, then I’ll believe you didn’t kill him either.

???: … Heh… heh hehe heh!

Phoenix: (Is he… laughing?)

???: Heh Ha hah haa!! Ha hah ha ha haha!!

Phoenix: (Maybe I should think about that Insanity Plea…)

Maya: N-nick? Why is he laughing?
Phoenix: Uhhhh…?

???: So! You really think I didn’t do it?

Phoenix: Well, until I do an investigation, yes, I don’t think you did it.

???: … Good Answer, kid!

The man, tugged on his red hat again, still looking shady.

Diggits: The names Sherman. Sherman, Diggits. And I guess you’re my lawyer.

Phoenix: Well, I’ll help you as best as I can.

Diggits: Sorry, for being hard on ya. I just wanted to make sure you were serious about taking my case.

Maya: Did know one believe you?

Diggits: Kinda looks bad when school staff is accused of the killing. Especially when it’s a kid that’s been done in.

Phoenix: Why were you arrested Mr. Diggits?

Diggits: The kid’s body was found in my “slop house”

Maya: S-slop house.

Diggits: That’s what we custodians call our “custodial closets.”

Maya: That still sounds kinda… dirty.

Phoenix: So… based on the fact that he was found in your “slop house” was enough to convict you?

Diggits: That, and the fact that they found the “murder weapon” on me.

Phoenix: Weapon?

Diggits: Yeah… they think I stabbed him with my scrapping knife.

Phoenix: Hmmm… wouldn’t it be to “blunt” to stab anything or anyone?

Diggits: That’s what I said, but I guess the police thought it “had to be” the murder weapon.

Phoenix: Hmmm… Well, now that I know that much, can you tell me where you were when the murder happened?

Diggits: Well… I was walking around the building that night. I’m the “Night Custodian” so I’m in charge of making sure things are in order.

Phoenix: Hmm. Can you be a little more specific?

Sherman began to tug on his cap again. And with that, Phoenix saw some chains flying up around Mr. Diggits, until 2 Psyche locks formed around him.

Phoenix: (Uh-oh… looks like he wasn’t just walking around that night…)

Diggits: Something wrong?

Phoenix: Huh? Oh uh… no, nothing!

Maya: Nick, do you think we should head to the school?

Phoenix: Yeah, we probably should. There shouldn’t be any school today, on account of the murder, so we’ll have no trouble gathering evidence. We’ll be back soon Mr. Diggits and let you know how things go.

Diggits: Alright… Hey, by the way!

Maya: Yes.

Diggits: One of the new guys should be showing up soon. Talk to him and have him give you my “keys”.

Phoenix: Keys?

Diggits: Yeah. They open all the doors in the school. It might help you on your investigation.

Phoenix: Hmm… It just might. We’ll keep that in mind Mr. Diggits. Let’s go Maya.

Phoenix got up from his chair and left the room with Maya. Outside, they hailed a taxi and were on their way to the High School.

Excellent murder story!!

Just one quick question, but what will you name the high school?

Smooth operator

I look forward to more of this it's really Phoenix Wrighty and is there a pun in Sherman Diggits? Because I can't see it.

Anyway I'll keep an eye on this. Excellent work

(BTW the murder reminded me of HEROES)

Ninja Attorney

Keep it up. The script is well done though you could spice it up with more descriptions while the conversation goes on.

Quote:
Phoenix: (Maybe I should think about that Insanity Plea…)

This line made me laugh. Phoenix would definitely think this line.
Loading sig... 99%
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony