Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony

Page 3 of 3[ 89 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Re: SC's Minifics (6/4: Depth Perception [Apollocentric])Topic%20Title

I really like your one-shot “Depth Perception.” The title immediately drew me in when I saw the thread title… that, and the fact that it’s Apollo centric. XD Apollo doesn’t get nearly enough love.

Your characterizations were great. Spot-on. Apollo always acts so happy and confident and such but I still think he’s more of a lonely kind of person. No complaints here.

Also, I’d like to compliment your ending sentence. That was an awesome way to end an awesome one-shot.

The biggest problem I have with your piece, though, is that it looks all jumbled together. It would be so much easier to read if you made a space between each paragraph. No one else pointed it out, but … meh. Some people might just not read it because they don’t want to read a jumbled mess.

Quote:
Apollo’s heightened senses examined the dark circles underneath his eyes, the steadily growing stubble, and the gradually-forming frown-lines.

I think the last part would sound better as “and the frown lines that were gradually forming."

Quote:
His eyes tended to dart back and forth when Mr. Gavin or Daryan were mentioned, like a puppy that’s been kicked one too many times and is now waiting for the next blow.

Mr. Gavin? I know most people who have/will read this will know who you’re talking about. However… it might still confuse readers. And that’s the last thing you want to do. My first thoughts were “What? His eyes dart back and forth when someone mentions... him?” Just say Kristoph. O_O

Quote:
It was... Horrible.

Horrible shouldn’t be capitalized. It’s not a sentence on it’s own.

Hmm, that’s about it. I hope to see more Apollo fics from you.
-x- theme by sugarpoultry -x-
Re: SC's Minifics (6/17: Absolutely Anything [Neilcentric])Topic%20Title

STOP LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT

Location: cake for you. tea for you. cake for you. tea for you.

Title: Absolutely Anything
Summary: A doomed man reaches an epiphany as he watches late-night TV with his dearest companions.
Characters: Neil Marshall, Jake Marshall, Lana Skye, Ema Skye
Trigger: for once my fic has a trigger...
... and I can't remember it.
Music: Stop Crying Your Heart Out - Oasis. it's quiet and it's sad - it works. :D
Misc. Notes: Neil. <3 For the Neil Lovers out there, you know who you are but I'm looking at YOU mr. trite
--
The cowboy wouldn’t trade this moment for anything.

It was so very quiet there in the office, but it was the kind of silence he loved. He loved the ticking of the clock, the warm glow of the television and the mumbling of the half-muted voices, the blue darkness, and the smell of his own cigarette - but above all he loved his company.

Jake was already asleep on the couch, the empty bowl of popcorn perched on his chest, which steady rose and fell with unconscious breaths. He couldn’t help but smirk at his older brother looking so childishly content, slumbering like a man in a coma. It reminded him of when they were kids, the disobedient sort that stayed past curfew in their rooms like little ninjas, trying to make it through the late-night movies they were forbidden to watch.

Lana Skye slept to his left, having just dozed off herself. Her head had lolled against his shoulder, a gesture she would have corrected had she not been wandering in a languid dreamscape world all her own. He didn’t mind, of course; she looked safe, and she felt safe, and he could put up with a little extra weight for her sake.

And then there was young Ema Skye, leaning into him, resting her head on his chest as if he were some sort of pillow. The aspiring scientist was one of two that had not yet surrendered to their own sleepiness, instead watching the television through half-lidded eyes that were so desperately fighting their instinct to close for the night.

It was rare for Neil Marshall to feel so important, so surrounded by adoration and unconditional love. And as he himself fought the siren call of sleep, his tired eyes focused on his companions, he realized something: He would do anything for these people.

Absolutely anything.

I appreciate feedback! Thanks to everyone for supporting my work!

True love is forever.

That gets a big "aww" from me. It's so very sweet and beautifully written. Nicely done. :)
Proud Supporter of Phoenix/Iris, Ron/Dessie, Klavier/Ema, and Apollo/Vera
Fanfics Updated-12/25

Last edited by Mia_Fey on Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you so much for all of your compliments ;; <333 I haven't forgotten about the fic I promised you, either!

=_= final exaaaammmssss ~fist shake~

The Law is just a Game...

GREAT FIC!!!!

I love it.
Imagesig by Rhia
My Trial Record, 14-0. I support Klavi & Krissi.

Where there is a law, I'll enforce it!
Where there is a crime, I'll prosecute it!
Where there is a victim, I'll fight for them!

Nyaaaaw thanks :D <333 I'll write moar Neil for you guys once tests are over and done with.
tests. ~hiss~

The Maya Fey of iPods.

I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT NEIL, SO HERE GOES NOTHING.

All joking aside, I really loved this fic! You're the one that installed smoking!Neil into my head, and I've oddly got to thank you for it- It really makes the fic. You're so good at writing the guy- I'm jealous!
Avatar by Vicki, sig by Mr.Trite. Thanks, guys.

Sweet by name, sweet by nature!

I really liked the idea of them all spending an evening together- it was the sweetest thing I've read for ages =)
Thanks to IrisWright for the sig!
Beware of little Pearly, she knows more than you guess.... Like the combination to your safe.

Eyebrows are amazing. Full stop.

Scent to Memory was beautiful.
It made my cry.

"Life's too short to read bad books." - E. Temple

Just to say that, due to coming exams etc. I will probably be gone for the next few months or so. Hope to be back in the summer!
Page 3 of 3 [ 89 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony