Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites

Page 1 of 1[ 19 posts ]

Apollo Justice HD sprites ripped!Topic%20Title

EDIT: Here's better, updated dumps

If you just easily want sprites ready for use you might want to head here instead: https://www.spriters-resource.com/mobil ... ttorneyhd/

Alternatively if you want the entire raw rip you can download the updated folder by Initiate here: https://www.forums.court-records.net/vi ... 3#p1450273
Those come in a unusual format and require using a script which I wrote instructions for further below in this post

Original post:

Well, I didn't found any thread about this so I'm making this one!

I found a way to rip the entire graphic set of Apollo Justice HD.

To spare you from the pain, here's a link with everything ripped: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5ga3Q ... jwJ8P2HTuQ
(Edit: this is old, check the top of the post)

As an extra, I also uploaded the movie files separately since they were much easier to rip: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5ga3Q ... sp=sharing

But if for some reason you can't download the files, here's how to rip them:
Spoiler:
1. Extract the .obb file with winrar or 7zip
2. Download Unity Assets Bundle Extractor
3. Extract it then run it
4. Go to the obb folder you extracted then go to assets > bin > Data
5. Click to order files by type then select some of the files without extension (if you select too much files the program will not work in step 9)
6. After opening the files, in Assets Bunde Info, click to order files by Type
7. Select all files with the type Texture2D
8. Click Plugins
9. Choose Export to .png (if you selected anything that isn't a Texture2D this option will not appear) then click ok
10. Keep repeating this process from step 5 until you have done this for all files
11. About the sharedassetsX.assets and level files, I only ripped one of them because apparently they all share the same textures. Don't worry about the .resource files, you can't open them.

So after you downloaded the files you'll notice there's a lot of sprites, but if you look for the characters' in game sprites you'll notice most of them are missing. You will also see a lot of invisible images like this:

Well, turns out those image are actually the characters sprites! But they look like this when opened:

Why are them black and white? Well, if you look at the file at their left, you'll find a little wierd bar that works as a palette information! The reason the developers did this was to reduce the size of the game.

So how you put the color back on the sprites? Well, I made a little HTML app for this task! In the ripped folder which I provided the link there a file called colorizer.html. Open it in your browser, then use the first button to select a sprite, use the second one to select its corresponding palette file, then click Go and wait a little bit. It should result in something like this:

Obviously, if you choose the wrong palette the resulting sprite will have the wrong colors!

And there you have it. Glorious HD Apollo Justice sprites! Of course, many of them still have cropped parts, but that's something we'll have to do manually. There's lot of work to do!

Last edited by Ciro on Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
Re: Apollo Justice HD sprites ripped!Topic%20Title

Wow, nice work!

Art Person

YES YES THANK YOU I'VE BEEN WAITING TO SEE THESE!
Kinda want to mess around with palettes now XD
I think they're this way because of the game's perceive segments have each animation in black and white? (Or is it a compression thing?)

SuperAj3 wrote:
YES YES THANK YOU I'VE BEEN WAITING TO SEE THESE!
Kinda want to mess around with palettes now XD
I think they're this way because of the game's perceive segments have each animation in black and white? (Or is it a compression thing?)

For most sprites it's a compression thing (and they're not actually black and white, but transparent and white)

But yeah, there are some specific sprites for perceive segments and they are truly black and white (and freaking huge) like this one http://i.imgur.com/UTKhYXy.png

I think you forgot to include a few of the sprites and palettes. Other than that, this is amazing!

jmkrebs30 wrote:
I think you forgot to include a few of the sprites and palettes. Other than that, this is amazing!

Can you tell me what sprites I missed?

Ciro wrote:
jmkrebs30 wrote:

Can you tell me what sprites I missed?

The judge's gavel, the witness stand for the main courtroom (not the flashback courtroom), the color palette for the Unlock Successful animation, the palette for Phoenix's close up animation, and older Klavier's close up animation are some of them.

Cabbage and lettuce are the same thing!

Thank you so much for sharing! I've been diving into the files and it's really nice to have everything in HD, from AJ-specific sprites to trilogy ones. Since the latter are all redrawn, we have brand new versions of Feenie, Gumshoe, the Judge, Meekins and so on. As a token of gratitude, here's the first blinking sprite I've made from those rips!

Spoiler: Sad Gumshoe (blinking) from AJHD (1024x768 so 4 times the original)

It looks way better than its "Trilogy HD" counterpart, and we didn't have the blink animation for that one :)

Oh right, this was a thing.

Hey, is it possible to get the AJ-era Witness Bench? I managed to see what the problem is.
You have table00 (AJ lawyer bench), table02 (AA lawyer bench), and table03 (AA witness bench), but no table01 which may be the AJ witness bench.
Its palettes are still there, but not the texture itself.
~UltrawaveStudios~

Transgender Menace

A wild necropost appeared!

Hold your pitchforks though, because this is a shiny - a rare meaningful necropost.

Having encountered the same problem as other users in this thread, I ended up reripping the entire game. Turns out OP's dump is missing nearly 600 textures! :beef:

So, here's my dump. This one should be 100% complete:

https://mega.nz/file/64wzDCBQ#IUsP7kIdw ... x6CkDP6w2c [Updated 11/9/2020]

You will still need the colorizer.html file distributed with the original dump, which I have rehosted both on my website and on MediaFire.

I strongly recommend those with extra space back these up somewhere if they think they may use them - we already almost lost the AAIHD dump to dead links, would hate to see AJHD go that way. :think:
"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
Death thought about it.
"ᴄᴀᴛs," he said eventually. "ᴄᴀᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ɴɪᴄᴇ.”
― Terry Pratchett [RIP], Sourcery
| my personal site | my sprite thread |

Last edited by Initiate on Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Awesome! Gonna show off some big Klaviers to my friends.

I might buy AAI2 on Android so that I can get the HD sprites from that (should be able to rip it in the same way, yeah?) Unless someone else has already ripped them, though I can't seem to find them anywhere... If anyone's seen the AAI2 HD rips around, please tell me before I spend 18 bucks on a game in a language I can't read solely for one character's sprites XD

Transgender Menace

Bump, I've updated the link in my post because my redump ended up lacking around ~100 textures of its own. The new link should have everything though.
"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
Death thought about it.

*wonk*

Oh, excellent. I'll go update my backup in that case.

Good job mate.
yes

Transgender Menace

Bump again, sigh... Redumped for another 294 missing images.
Death thought about it.

Hmm maybe i missed it but where is the perceive purple and red rotating background?

This archive has the backgrounds?

Ciro wrote:

EDIT: Here are the updated links

If you just easily want sprites ready for use you might want to head here instead: https://www.spriters-resource.com/mobil ... ttorneyhd/

Alternatively if you want the entire raw rip you can download the updated folder by Initiate here: https://www.forums.court-records.net/vi ... 3#p1450273
Those come in a unusual format and require using a script which I wrote instructions for further below in this post

I've removed the original links in this post because they were outdated and required me to grant permission on my google drive everytime someone wanted to download it

Original post:

Well, I didn't found any thread about this so I'm making this one!

I found a way to rip the entire graphic set of Apollo Justice HD.

To spare you from the pain, here's a link with everything ripped [link removed, please check above for more info]

As an extra, I also uploaded the movie files separately since they were much easier to rip: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5ga3Q ... sp=sharing

But if for some reason you can't download the files, here's how to rip them:
Spoiler:
1. Extract the .obb file with winrar or 7zip
2. Download Unity Assets Bundle Extractor
3. Extract it then run it
4. Go to the obb folder you extracted then go to assets > bin > Data
5. Click to order files by type then select some of the files without extension (if you select too much files the program will not work in step 9)
6. After opening the files, in Assets Bunde Info, click to order files by Type
7. Select all files with the type Texture2D
8. Click Plugins
9. Choose Export to .png (if you selected anything that isn't a Texture2D this option will not appear) then click ok
10. Keep repeating this process from step 5 until you have done this for all files
11. About the sharedassetsX.assets and level files, I only ripped one of them because apparently they all share the same textures. Don't worry about the .resource files, you can't open them.

So after you downloaded the files you'll notice there's a lot of sprites, but if you look for the characters' in game sprites you'll notice most of them are missing. You will also see a lot of invisible images like this:

Well, turns out those image are actually the characters sprites! But they look like this when opened:

Why are them black and white? Well, if you look at the file at their left, you'll find a little wierd bar that works as a palette information! The reason the developers did this was to reduce the size of the game.

So how you put the color back on the sprites? Well, I made a little HTML app for this task! In the ripped folder which I provided the link there a file called colorizer.html. Open it in your browser, then use the first button to select a sprite, use the second one to select its corresponding palette file, then click Go and wait a little bit. It should result in something like this:

Obviously, if you choose the wrong palette the resulting sprite will have the wrong colors!

And there you have it. Glorious HD Apollo Justice sprites! Of course, many of them still have cropped parts, but that's something we'll have to do manually. There's lot of work to do!

Sorry, but where the this website with palette?

Bumping to tell that I finally removed the need for me to approve downloads from the original links. This started happening because of some google drive update a few years back. Like I said in the edited OP, there are better alternatives, but there you go.
Yeah, I neglected this thread for years and did it out of pure laziness, sorry.

IIIUSERIII wrote:
Sorry, but where the this website with palette?

Here:

Initiate wrote:
You will still need the colorizer.html file distributed with the original dump, which I have rehosted both on my website and on MediaFire.

I'm kinda late, I know.

Now you're thinking with memes!

This is all really interesting. (Makes me wonder why Dahlia in the IOS still used a Windows 3.1 trick for transparency if these games can handle transparent images.)

But what do you use to make these into sprites once you colorize them? I did a few manually on Pixlr and I'm just done using that method. I found an HD Trilogy pack somewhere else on here but I don't know how to animate them.
Me, looking at tinypic's dead links.

Sprite topic!
Oh yeah, and here's my sprite topic on Scratch,, because it exists, and contains some more stuff that's not on my main sprite topic.
Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites