Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites

Page 1 of 1[ 6 posts ]

Help Making Sprites!Topic%20Title

Khura'inese Attorney

So, I have finally wanted to learn to make sprites for my aaonline.fr projects, but I have the slightest clue where to start. Can I get some advice here?
Re: Help Making Sprites!Topic%20Title

Art Person

Hi! Welcome first off.
AAO has some useful spriting tutorials in their "Art Guides" section. You can view these here: https://aaonline.fr/forum/viewforum.php?f=51

I've also made one in my sprite thread but honestly it needs updating.

Khura'inese Attorney

SuperAj3 wrote:
Hi! Welcome first off.
AAO has some useful spriting tutorials in their "Art Guides" section. You can view these here: https://aaonline.fr/forum/viewforum.php?f=51

I've also made one in my sprite thread but honestly it needs updating.

Thanks for the Welcome! :salute: I appreciate the advice. I hope to have my stuff uploaded soon.

Khura'inese Attorney

I'm trying to determine whether to attempt to make them fully from scratch, or take the easy route and recolor/edit canon sprites to represent my own characters. What do you guys think? :thena-hair:

Now you're thinking with memes!

Ela'ineGiruna wrote:
I'm trying to determine whether to attempt to make them fully from scratch, or take the easy route and recolor/edit canon sprites to represent my own characters. What do you guys think? :thena-hair:

I'm still new, but I think it depends on what you want the feel of the character to be, and how much its going to look like the original character.

I think both ways are really fun, its just that recolor and/or editing existing sprites takes a little less time, plus, any ideas you might have for the character might be harder to imagine because something already exists in it's place. But the proportions are going to be spot on no matter what.

Best thing to do is to not lose sight of what you're drawing to begin with. :edgey:
Me, looking at tinypic's dead links.

Sprite topic!
Oh yeah, and here's my sprite topic on Scratch,, because it exists, and contains some more stuff that's not on my main sprite topic.

Khura'inese Attorney

CaptainVictoria wrote:
Ela'ineGiruna wrote:

I'm still new, but I think it depends on what you want the feel of the character to be, and how much its going to look like the original character.

I think both ways are really fun, its just that recolor and/or editing existing sprites takes a little less time, plus, any ideas you might have for the character might be harder to imagine because something already exists in it's place. But the proportions are going to be spot on no matter what.

Best thing to do is to not lose sight of what you're drawing to begin with. :edgey:

Yeah. I tried something a bit different, but it didn't work as I hoped. So I'll just do the recolors/edits. Might need help with one detail of the lead character (since she wears glasses and will be based on Mia) but otherwise it should be fine.
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites