Board index » Present Evidence » Fanart

Page 1 of 1[ 17 posts ]

Buddy's Art!Topic%20Title

Otter

Welcome to my home of ugly fan art! Embrace it!

Spoiler: Random Buddy with Wooster support message.

Spoiler: Very old, very ugly Franziska drawing.

Spoiler: Turner Grey Line Art

Spoiler: Phoenix Wright Line Art

Spoiler: Buddy Head-shot(bad)

Spoiler: Buddy again.

Spoiler: Older Maya Fey design.

Spoiler: Traced over and colored Buddy artwork.(bad)

View my Sprite thread!
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego

Last edited by FenrirDarkWolf on Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Buddy's Art!Topic%20Title

I'm workin' on it.

Bad photo quality, but the drawings are OK, I guess. Not that I could do any better.
Check out my fangame.

... Yeah, that's it.

Otter

Yeah, I took most of these with a camera, the first two with a camera phone. :oops:
View my Sprite thread!
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego

Lurker

True, the drawings are Ok :D

I hope you get a scanner D:

Otter

Well, my family really can't afford one as of now, and, I think our printer doubles as one though. :think-pw:
View my Sprite thread!
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego

Lurker

If your printer can, then I suggest trying it :D

Scanners make quite a significant difference.

Otter

One of these days, one of these days I'll try it.
View my Sprite thread!
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego

SMASHING DAY FOR A BARBEQUE.

Trust me, you want a scanner, and if your printer does double up as one, then use it.
I could crit these if you want, just to point out where you're going wrong and how to improve.

Otter

I know I'm pretty bad, considering I only had one year of official art teaching, so, it would be much appreciated if you could. :oops:
View my Sprite thread!
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego

BuddyFaith wrote:
I know I'm pretty bad, considering I only had one year of official art teaching, so, it would be much appreciated if you could. :oops:

Okay, so lets do just one picture...I'm just going to do the Buddy's head for now, just to focus on one area... And can I just say, the 'support message for wooster' one looks the best, but I can't really crit it because of the angle the photo was taken, i can't tell much from it very well. Once you scan in pics, I can do them better, mm'kay?

First of all, his face shape is a bit off. His chin comes to a very fine point, if you look at his chin you can see this is not true; let's look at his official headshot...
You can see here that his chin is slightly rounded, no? Also another point on the face shape, is the jawline. You've made the common mistake of making it quite rounded...don't be afraid to use a straight lines and sharp angles. The jawline here is quite rounded, while buddy's face shape and jawline has straight lines and a very defined jawline.

Now for some proportion lessons!
-The eyes. Unlike most artists, your eyes are too small, instead of too large, and yet again, unlike most artists, they're too high up, not too low down. Eyes are generally halfway down the face, and eyes are yet again, generally, one eye width apart. As for the shape of the eyes, they're good. Just remember, we have a pupil, (the black part) and the iris (the coloured part) Pictures tend to dramatically increase just by adding these details
-The Nose. The nose in your picture, is fairly long. People tend to normally make noses smaller than they are, but not the case here, again. I have found, by using myself as proportion wise, the nose is the length from the start of your hairline, to where the nose starts. As for where the nose should start, then draw a line JUST underneath the eyes, the rim of the nose should be around here. The nose shape in this picture is unrealistic, and I could go into detail about how to draw a perfect humanish nose, but I won't...
-The Mouth. Yet again being unorthodox, most people tend to draw the mouth too small, because the eyes are too large, but your mouth here, is a bit large, but not too far off. the mouth should generally be as long as from the middle of an eye to the middle of the other one. I say geenrally here, because all people are different, but you'll see in the buddy picture i've shown here, it's true for him. Also, the distanbce between his nose and his mouth is far too large. I don't have any relative proportions for this one, but remember IRL it's around a centimetre...
-Hair and Hat. It seems here, you just drew the head shape, and did the hat and hair just over it. Remember, the hair is an extension to your head, not a part of it and stuck on. Draw the head shape, and the hair over the head shape, do you get me? I can't explain this one very well. And the hat, the same thing. Buddy's hat isn't part of his head, it only rests on it. Draw the rim of the hat, and where it sitson his head, and again, draw out of the head shape. And just saying, the hat shape is too big in your drawing. A few bangs of his hair come out at the front and rest on his forehead...but thats not really a mistake with the drawing, jsut a mistake with the likeness.

All in all, I think your features are too far spread out. The main features of the head are much closer together than one might think. Here is a picture summing up all that ahs been said,
USe this as refrence next time you try and draw a picture, you might find that it improves. That's my little homework task. Draw a buddy headshot again, but try to follow my advice as best you can. Don't bother with colour, thats a whole other region!! :keiko:

I hope i didn't come across as mean, i feel as if i was, i really wasn't being mean, I'm just trying to help.

Otter

That was extremely helpful! It didn't come off as mean at all. I thank you.
View my Sprite thread!
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego

Waiting on Godot...

Romeo wrote:
All in all, I think your features are too far spread out. The main features of the head are much closer together than one might think. Here is a picture summing up all that ahs been said,
USe this as refrence next time you try and draw a picture, you might find that it improves. That's my little homework task. Draw a buddy headshot again, but try to follow my advice as best you can. Don't bother with colour, thats a whole other region!! :keiko:

Romeo- you know you're free to give critique in my crit thread too if you have advice to give :) I try to a critique for everyone in the forum personally so that the forum is active and people actually get responses, but anyone can give a critique if they want :)

I don't know if this helps too, but it's a scan from a book I learnt to draw from. This only works for portrait art with a neutral expression though.

Alot of good advice there though :) Stop by the crit thread if you have more questions- I'm sure that either Romeo or myself will be able to give you more help. I will however ask that you capture your art face on rather than on an angle if you do so though cause the angle distorts the picture and makes it difficult to critique. If your printer has a scanner though, then you'll be sweet :)
ImageImageImageImage

BuddyFaith wrote:
That was extremely helpful! It didn't come off as mean at all. I thank you.

No problem!! It felt kinda good helping others with their work. I'm not exactly the best artist in the world, but it is nice sharing!
Arkillian wrote:
Romeo- you know you're free to give critique in my crit thread too if you have advice to give :) I try to a critique for everyone in the forum personally so that the forum is active and people actually get responses, but anyone can give a critique if they want :)

Oh, okay then. Maybe if you're on hiatus or are caught up in some work, then I could step in and hand out a few pointers.
It's true what you say though, about how long it takes to crit a bit of work--that criticism took a lot of thought, it maybe took half an hour I think. But it was worth it if you thought it was useful!

Waiting on Godot...

Romeo wrote:
It's true what you say though, about how long it takes to crit a bit of work--that criticism took a lot of thought, it maybe took half an hour I think. But it was worth it if you thought it was useful!

It's totally worth it but yeah- they take ages :< Visuals make it easier but not faster :( If you could. There's no one waiting right now, but if someone pops up then go for it. I'll add when I get back if I can think of extra relevant stuff. I'm sure that you can cover it though :)
ImageImageImageImage

Arkillian wrote:
Romeo wrote:

It's totally worth it but yeah- they take ages :< Visuals make it easier but not faster :( If you could. There's no one waiting right now, but if someone pops up then go for it. I'll add when I get back if I can think of extra relevant stuff. I'm sure that you can cover it though :)

Cool, that sounds fine :)

I HATE BLACKLISTS

Dead images... as usual.
I got blacklisted a total of 10 times.
Also check my games TCoC HD and Untold Secrets. If you wanna help me with those, my Discord is Peronia#7464

Otter

Matias329 wrote:
Dead images... as usual.

ngl, i straight up forgot this thread existed
I made it when I was 14, I'm 27 now lol
View my Sprite thread!
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Fanart