Board index » Present Evidence » Cosplay

Page 1 of 1[ 23 posts ]

Miles Edgeworths TRUE hair color?Topic%20Title

'I need a schpoon for my schoop!'

Odd, yes, but I'm doing an all natural Miles Edgeworth cosplay, and I neeeeed to know what color his hair is.

From sprites, it appears to be a faded black...some say its silver, others I've consulted say its actually black but its the lighting that makes it look grey...I'd like to get a general consensus from the people here! :edgy:

I've already gotten my hair cut like Edgeworths (its actually rather nice, easy to manage, just flat iron it, use gel to perk it) and I just need to dye it.

When you post, please state what YOU think his hair color is! This counts as a vote!!

Gonna be going to KumoriCon in Portland. Help is greatly appreciated, thank you. I WILL POST PICTURES ONCE MY COMMISSIONED ITEMS ARRIVE! :edgy:

And the Judges say... (FADED BLACK IS WINNING, STARS NEAR THEM)

maria168 - Black
*Essa_L_M.E - Faded Black
*Franziska's Whip - Faded Black
captain usopp - Medium Grey
IntoTheZone#1 - Dark Grey/silver
*Bendilin - Faded black/brown

Evidence to show why I'm having problems with Edgy's haircolor (All official sources):

Spoiler: Lots of Images of Edgeworth, brace yourself!
As you can see...brown hair!

Faded brown hair (doesn't look grey to me...)

Faded grey

Many of the sprites show a faded black/blackish color. Yet to be determined if this is lighting shining on the hair, or...?

Last edited by TheWonderlustKing on Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:59 am, edited 7 times in total.
Re: Miles Edgeworths TRUE hair color?Topic%20Title

What the Devil is going on here?

Wow Sounds like it's going to be good. From the AAI Sprites, me and my friend decided it was brown, but I think it would be safe to say that it's faded black.
~

Essa_L_M.E wrote:
Wow Sounds like it's going to be good. From the AAI Sprites, me and my friend decided it was brown, but I think it would be safe to say that it's faded black.

I initially thought a faded out brown as well, which I could obtain easily with my current hair color. During the summer my hair highlights to a golden brown, although I could fade it out simply...

XD I need at least ten people to post here...cause I need a major consensus of what his hair color is. You say faded black/brown?

Woe is the World...

That...is debatable. It's like Phoenix's real eye color. In Japan, his eyes are brown, but the American games, his eyes are dark blue/black.

The in-game sprites suggest that Edgeworth's hair is a dark silver/gray color, but most of the offical art shows his hair being a faded brown color. In the fanbase, though, his hair color has been mostly accepted as dark silver/smokey gray color.

It could go either way, depending on how you want to look at it.
I'm gonna be a blitzball when I grow up!

IntoTheZone#1 wrote:
That...is debatable. It's like Phoenix's real eye color. In Japan, his eyes are brown, but the American games, his eyes are dark blue/black.

The in-game sprites suggest that Edgeworth's hair is a dark silver/gray color, but most of the offical art shows his hair being a faded brown color. In the fanbase, though, his hair color has been mostly accepted as dark silver/smokey gray color.

It could go either way, depending on how you want to look at it.

Thats part of the reason I posted it. XD Cause I've seen it go anywhere from black to an almost faded brown-blonde!

What way would you vote it to be?

Woe is the World...

I'd rather go with the fan base on this one, mostly just cuz I like the way the game sprites make his hair look. If a GS game came out with a brown haired Edgeworth, it just wouldn't seem right to me.

IntoTheZone#1 wrote:
I'd rather go with the fan base on this one, mostly just cuz I like the way the game sprites make his hair look. If a GS game came out with a brown haired Edgeworth, it just wouldn't seem right to me.

I suppose you have a point. :edgy: Thanks!!

Woe is the World...

...Now that I think about it, I'd probably cry if I saw a brown haired in-game Edgeworth. And by cry, I mean sob hysterically. Along with throwing the game card in the trash, saying something like "Forget this game! It ruined Edgeworth!"

...But that's just cuz I'm over-dramatic.

IntoTheZone#1 wrote:
...Now that I think about it, I'd probably cry if I saw a brown haired in-game Edgeworth. And by cry, I mean sob hysterically. Along with throwing the game card in the trash, saying something like "Forget this game! It ruined Edgeworth!"

...But that's just cuz I'm over-dramatic.

XD It wouldn't matter to me. Its Edgeworth!

Woe is the World...

True, but I get touchy when designers screw with perfectly good character designs. Which is one of the resons why I despise Castlevania Judgement.

What did they do to Trevor and Grant?!

IntoTheZone#1 wrote:
True, but I get touchy when designers screw with perfectly good character designs. Which is one of the resons why I despise Castlevania Judgement.

What did they do to Trevor and Grant?!

Ah yes...that. :edgeworth: Hate it when that happens!

Woe is the World...

Y'see?! Even the Edgey smiley agrees with the dark silver/smokey gray hair color! Undeniable proof.

IntoTheZone#1 wrote:
Y'see?! Even the Edgey smiley agrees with the dark silver/smokey gray hair color! Undeniable proof.

:pft: But you have to take into account the official artwork, too. They showed a faded black in official artwork, and even in one piece theres a brownish black~

Thats why I made this topic.

maggey byrde cosplayer

sometimes with artwork, artists like to experiment and try things out. or say, it was done in water color. blacks and greys arn't used a lot. it's all about overlapping and letting other colors through. If I were to do grey hair in water color, i might just do a very light black wash, and let the white paper show through for a greyish effect. can you show me the artwork in question? i'm curious.

anywho, my consensus is his hair is a medium grey

!~Panda Tamer~!

shortly, it's shiny black, the white line exists because in drawing manga it requires as where the lightning strokes=)

or, seriously, do you want your hair to be grey? *and consider edgey's age too!*

maggey byrde cosplayer

lots of young characters in anime have grey hair. look at that one girl from love hina.

captain usopp wrote:
sometimes with artwork, artists like to experiment and try things out. or say, it was done in water color. blacks and greys arn't used a lot. it's all about overlapping and letting other colors through. If I were to do grey hair in water color, i might just do a very light black wash, and let the white paper show through for a greyish effect. can you show me the artwork in question? i'm curious.

anywho, my consensus is his hair is a medium grey

Posting the artwork in question that I've actually found on this website in the original post~

maria168 wrote:
shortly, it's shiny black, the white line exists because in drawing manga it requires as where the lightning strokes=)

or, seriously, do you want your hair to be grey? *and consider edgey's age too!*

I've dyed my hair weirder colors (I've dyed it white for a cosplay~) so the color ultimately decided here shouldn't be a problem!

I am dedicated to getting this right. :karma: Cause I am perfect.

maggey byrde cosplayer

ha whoops. ya checking your first post woulda been smart. wow. i never took notice of the different variations of his hair in artwork. it IS brown in a couple of those. still, i take those, as the artist playing around or experimenting. i think the actual color in the game is the official color. as well as the most accepted. I mean, even with dragon ball, you see bulma with purple hair sometimes, in artwork, but her hair is officially turquoise.

(why is gumshoe in a speedo in that one pic. that's so wrong T_T)

c:

I vote faded black. It seems a bit too light to be completely black, even with lighting.

captain usopp wrote:
ha whoops. ya checking your first post woulda been smart. wow. i never took notice of the different variations of his hair in artwork. it IS brown in a couple of those. still, i take those, as the artist playing around or experimenting. i think the actual color in the game is the official color. as well as the most accepted. I mean, even with dragon ball, you see bulma with purple hair sometimes, in artwork, but her hair is officially turquoise.

(why is gumshoe in a speedo in that one pic. that's so wrong T_T)

You make an excellent point with Bulma, cause I've noticed that too. :sadshoe: Although I've seen too many official pieces of artwork that show such variations with Edgeworth, this can't be coincidence. I mean, you can see the brownworth, the faded blackworth, the grayworth, EVEN A SORTA-BLONDEWORTH! Its confusing. Thats why I turn to the fanbase.

( :larry: Your guess as to why Gummybear is in a speedo is as good as mine.)

Franziska's Whip wrote:
I vote faded black. It seems a bit too light to be completely black, even with lighting.

I agree here...if it were completely black, the images in the sprites would make it seem like an over-exposure, correct?

Androgynous Medium-in-training

It's a very dull and light brown/black colour. I always found it a little odd when people cosplaying as Edgeworth had a silvery hair colour, or even flat out white hair. But I suppose a gray helps make an Edgeworth cosplay stand out from a Wright cosplay, as Nick does have darker hair than Edgeworth.

When in doubt, ALWAYS go by the most recent official artwork for the character (Edgeworth's official art finally has his nice burgundy suit instead of that obnoxious bright purple one!)

Bendilin wrote:
It's a very dull and light brown/black colour. I always found it a little odd when people cosplaying as Edgeworth had a silvery hair colour, or even flat out white hair. But I suppose a gray helps make an Edgeworth cosplay stand out from a Wright cosplay, as Nick does have darker hair than Edgeworth.

When in doubt, ALWAYS go by the most recent official artwork for the character (Edgeworth's official art finally has his nice burgundy suit instead of that obnoxious bright purple one!)

I agree with you on the burgundy suit. :edgy:
But I'm a bit of a short Edgeworth, so I'm gonna end up looking like a Chibi-worth. :edgeworth: Like...LITERALLY A CRANBERRY-WORTH.

I'd like a bit more input, if possible~

At least I have my prosecutor pins and my cravat is soon on its way!
Page 1 of 1 [ 23 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Cosplay