Board index » Present Evidence » Sprite Comics

Page 1 of 1[ 5 posts ]

Court FortressTopic%20Title

machinimator

This is something I always thought of trying in Garry's Mod (a modification of Half-Life 2 and Team Fortress 2 allowing you to pose ragdolls among other things). I'm working on certain things like the green tinge at the end of his pictures (because I took pictures of him in a green room, I guess the lighting had that effect)

I've actually done a few shots for every basic pose that Phoenix has, though I'll probably be redoing them. At least this is somewhat easier than actually making sprites for myself.

Also, my first comic made in GIMP now that photoshop is relatively inaccessible to me.
I'm gone for so long, and the colors got all psychedelic! Woohoo!
Re: Court FortressTopic%20Title

They took some honey, from a tree...

Looking good!

Your posing in GMod is far superior to mine. I take it you posed Snoipah on a greenscreen map first?

And if you're interested, I was attempting to make the courtroom in Hammer for use in Gmod...but my crashing laptop has stopped my progress...for now.

"So, your occupation is...A CRAZED GUNMAN!?"
"No! Not a crazed gunman, yer honour, I'm an assassin/attorney!"

machinimator

Yeah, I did greenscreen first, and as you can see it's way too noticeable. A friend recommended two things; turning off HDR and antialiasing. (also maybe do it in a whiteroom, since for simple pictures it'd be easy to reduce)

I think I saw someone doing a Hammer courtroom, though (not to disrespect mappers) it's very difficult getting the same level of detail and same aesthetic appeal. Somehow the 2D makes it more interesting for me. It would be easier to put in a PWLib game as well.

They took some honey, from a tree...

Katana wrote:
Yeah, I did greenscreen first, and as you can see it's way too noticeable. A friend recommended two things; turning off HDR and antialiasing. (also maybe do it in a whiteroom, since for simple pictures it'd be easy to reduce)

Yeah, those options should eliminate any colour haze entirely from your models. I always hated that before I knew how to stop it!

Quote:
I think I saw someone doing a Hammer courtroom, though (not to disrespect mappers) it's very difficult getting the same level of detail and same aesthetic appeal. Somehow the 2D makes it more interesting for me. It would be easier to put in a PWLib game as well.

If you're talking about...
Spoiler: Fairly large image.

Then please meet that hammer mapper. I can understand your concern about getting the right feel about the source location into the map. 'Course, I'm not making the map solely for posing against 3D objects; but rather for fun. To explore the courtroom from loads of different angles.

Yes, that map has crappy textures/lighting and whatnot; because that's the version I was stuck on when my laptop crashed...so hopefully when things get up and running again, I should be able to not only optimise the map, but also have custom textures, models and whatnot.

But yees...

Any more poses you have? 'Course, if Snoipah was a prosecutor, he could out-do Godot by throwing JARATE at the defence attorney. "Ya call that a contradiction? I've slept in water-buffaloes that're tougher than you!

machinimator

Over the past few days I've been making plans for a full PWLib case (I've been looking through the scripting environment in vague interest. While the no-multi-page-evidence thing is frustrating, myself being a programmer I can understand it)

Since posting all the information on it would take away the surprise, I'll just E-mail what I have if you're interested.
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Sprite Comics