Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 27 of 39[ 1554 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 39  Next

Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title

Great Revival

I agree completely. Now, other than sites I enjoy enough to unblock, I use Adblock.
AJtheprogrammer wrote:
I've seen pretty much everything, from killed bloggers to live streams of raping and murdering little girls.

So you've been to the Deep Web and 4chan too, huh?

Oh, you were talking about internet ads. I thought you meant TV ads.

C-A

You know what really grinds my gears? RAPE CULTURE!! And how it's getting WORSE with this shit literature!

You know what I'm talking about: Twilight and its many knock-offs, which include 50 Shades and Hush, Hush and other shit. I'm not saying we were a rape-free culture to begin with, we have heavy issues of victim-blaming when it comes to rape: "She shouldn't have worn such a short skirt, she should have clearly said No (even if she did)" and all that shit. Yes, I am focusing on female examples, but that's mostly because we are still a stupid culture that is sexist and thinks women are the only ones who get raped. (Men get raped, too, but as said, we think it's 'not possible'. After all, all men want sex constantly, so there's no way you can rape a man)

But books like these...! Here's a list of issues with Twilight...
A) Heroine is absolute bland shit and is dumber than cardboard, despite being stated to be intelligent
B) Hero is an abusive, manipulative stalker, who thinks that wrapping the heroine up in cottonball until she suffocates is romantic and protective, and he also has lots and lots of genocidal and omnicidal thoughts. For no reason, it's just fun for him.
C) Their relationship is TEXT-BOOK ABUSIVE but it's treated as romantic

Now, 50 Shades made things worse. The hero ACTUALLY, PHYSICALLY RAPES the heroine multiple times! And this is not counting the times where he verbally or emotionally rapes or manipulates her! Hush, Hush IF POSSIBLE is worse! Hush, Hush uses Angels (specifically a fallen angel) as its supernatural mark, but this guy is like Christian Grey and Edward Cullen, mashed together, with any potentially even semi-nice moment taken out. He sexually harasses and humiliates the heroine Nora - who is dumber than Bella, if possible - and he is beyond a dick. And we're supposed to CHEER for them to get together.

And nobody can tell me, eh, well, it's just a book. You're getting serious over nothing: PEOPLE HAVE BEEN INFLUENCED BY LESS SHIT IN THE PAST! People ARE taking this seriously! And not in the sense of "What a pile of contrite shit" but in the "I think this is super romantic and WISH I had a boyfriend/girlfriend like that, while behaving like that!"

These books are making rape culture WORSE. They are EMPHASIZING the idiotic ideas of women needing to keep their mouth shout and legs spread, they have no say in the matter, the way No doesn't even exist to the ears of men and, hey, she got wet, obviously she enjoyed it, so it wasn't rape. And the men are abusive, manipulative, dangerous in the sense of "I could kill you in an instant" because they lack ZERO patience, self-control or ANY tolerance to taking any kind of criticism. Oh, and let's not forget how the women's protest are treated as goddamn, motherfucking JOKES because, Pfffffffffffffffffffff, you're a silly wimmin, you just Shh, Shh with the mouth and go cooky-cooky in the kitchen for a sandwich.

Fuck you people for WRITING those books and fuck you publishers for LETTING THOSE BOOKS LOOSE ONTO THE FUCKING PUBLIC! Bad enough we have that shit on the internet already!

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
And nobody can tell me, eh, well, it's just a book. You're getting serious over nothing: PEOPLE HAVE BEEN INFLUENCED BY LESS SHIT IN THE PAST! People ARE taking this seriously!"

That's not rape culture, that's a bunch of neurodivergent mentally sick people which society actively condemns. Rape culture is when people promote the mass hysteria saying that men need to learn not to rape while women are fragile flowers with a 1 in 4 chance of being raped.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Alexander James

Let's not forget the rape jokes.
I mean what's so funny about rape jokes?
This world is starting to grow dumber than ever.

Rape jokes are sexually inappropriate and offensive.
No, men can be raped. There were men raped by homosexuals in our place.
If all of them are happy, then I shall be happy too.

The end of nonsense is near.

Great Revival

Women can also rape, just less frequently.
And I agree, and the sad part is, rape jokes are the best things some people can think of for comedy... And people enjoy it!

Oliver wrote:
Women can also rape, just less frequently.
And I agree, and the sad part is, rape jokes are the best things some people can think of for comedy... And people enjoy it!

I mean, I make rape jokes at times - but only in my family or close friends circles. Because they know me well enough, and our humor types are similar enough, that they know I am obviously joking.

Quote:
Rape culture is when people promote the mass hysteria saying that men need to learn not to rape while women are fragile flowers with a 1 in 4 chance of being raped.

Well, we kinda are turning into that. God forbid men learn self-control. (Ditto women, but you know, staying with the big, sexist idea that men are always doers and ladies are always victims) And considering there are women who are still being raised to be fragile flowers (including the depiction of the 'heroines' in those pile-of-shit books I mentioned), it really does not sound all that off.

C-A

Alexander James

You know what really grinds my gears?
Pop-up ads.

I hate to say it but fuck it, everyone doesn't give bird shits about it, except me.
If you've ever been in HamieNet.com, you know exactly what I am talking about.

You'll be clicking some links then all of a sudden, an ad that says you can work at home and earn more than hundred dollars.

That's bullshit! Stop giving me irritating lies!
Besides, clicking the ad will send an adware to your computer.

No, not even AdBlock can beat the shit out of it, you're going to have to use an extreme load of whore shit.
You have to use a fucking Online Security extension! (in Chrome)

That's horseshit!

I can't believe people make ads for tricking people and sending viruses! What kind of fucked-up-minded bitch came up with this?! What were they thinking?!

Quote:
Pop-up ads.

Use Ad-Bl-

Quote:
No, not even AdBlock can beat the shit out of it, you're going to have to use an extreme load of whore shit.

Oh.

Quote:
You have to use a fucking Online Security extension! (in Chrome)

Better suggestion: Switch to Firefox.
I use Ad-Block on it and have yet to be bothered by pop-up ads in years.

C-A

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

I'm using AdBlock Plus in Chrome, and I don't typically have to deal with that garbage. Maybe it's the sites you visit? Or maybe you just need to switch your adblocking extension?

Great Revival

TheDoctor wrote:
I'm using AdBlock Plus in Chrome, and I don't typically have to deal with that garbage. Maybe it's the sites you visit? Or maybe you just need to switch your adblocking extension?

What he said. :yogi:

Winter Flag Trademark

You know what really grinds my gears? Inhuman child assaults.
I'm not joking; the trial for an assaulted 14 year old boy (RIP) has started yesterday. He has been beaten up brutally and inhumanly by two people; while the beating-up scene was being recorded and then posted into Facebook by these vile, cruel and pathetic excuses for a man.

It was great that the trial started; as most assault cases are ignored. Seriously, some people here don't get proper justice. Not to mention, a 14 years old boy, a boy on his adolescence getting violently beaten up. Well, why the fuck would one brutally torture a boy that has no relations or vendettas against anyone and... For the love of, FREAKING RECORD IT AND SPREAD IT TO FACEBOOK OF ALL THINGS!?!

Seriously, just what the hell did he do to you guys; that you need to be a thorn and a real pain in the, well whatever it is. :nick:

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

The cape is self-fluttering

Patchouli Knowledge wrote:
I'm not joking; the trial for an assaulted 14 year old boy (RIP) has started yesterday. He has been beaten up brutally and inhumanly by two people; while the beating-up scene was being recorded and then posted into Facebook by these vile, cruel and pathetic excuses for a man.

It was great that the trial started; as most assault cases are ignored. Seriously, some people here don't get proper justice. Not to mention, a 14 years old boy, a boy on his adolescence getting violently beaten up. Well, why the fuck would one brutally torture a boy that has no relations or vendettas against anyone and... For the love of, FREAKING RECORD IT AND SPREAD IT TO FACEBOOK OF ALL THINGS!?!

Seriously, just what the hell did he do to you guys; that you need to be a thorn and a real pain in the, well whatever it is. :nick:

And it's just as sad when that's the one silver lining. A criminal just as stupid as he is lacking in impulse control, and gets himself caught over his "video trophy."
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

So if an adult is 'inhumanly' assaulted, it doesn't matter to you? :ron:

C-A

I think inhuman child assaults just bother them more, since children can't defend themselves as well as adults.

Honestly, the post says nothing about not being bothered by inhuman adult assaults. Do you really think they're so callous as to not care about adults too?

TheDoctor wrote:
I think inhuman child assaults just bother them more, since children can't defend themselves as well as adults.

Honestly, the post says nothing about not being bothered by inhuman adult assaults. Do you really think they're so callous as to not care about adults too?

I was mostly just being a nasty bitch, but yes. I always jump on the idea that specifying something horrible could come across as not caring if it happens to the non-specified parties.

C-A

Elohim Essaim Elohim Essaim

You know what really grinds my gears?

Love.

No matter how much of an isolated person you want to be, there will always be that moment when you fall in love with someone or just develop a crush. Sometimes it ends well, and sometimes it severely hurts you...

... especially when the one you've fallen for is already in a relationship with someone else... :viola:
"I'm in lesbians with you" - Scott Pilgrim

Alexander James

I don't know how it grind your gears, but that's just how life goes.

The things that keep life going is reproduction and food.

Well, in essence, I mean that love is just so... horrible. Love can turn the best of friends into enemies, and then there's people that go off boasting how much they love each other. It's also really dangerous loving someone. It means completely trusting someone (then again, I personally have slight trust issues, so I guess you might or might not understand that) and... I don't know. Personally, I don't quite understand love, so my rant is probably invalidated already, but I just hate that such a mysterious yet powerful emotion affects me. Why can't I be alone? Why must I like people in such a way? Ugh!

Alexander James

That is how love works, my friend.
Love is powerful yet so strange.

It can control people, make money, or even kill people.

It's a strange phenomena, but you'll probably know how complex it is once you experience it.

Don't worry about love. It is always, and I mean, always controlled by fate.

Winter Flag Trademark

@CatMuto: Just because I haven't said it does not mean that does not grind my gear. It's just, that sort of foul deed occurs on our country rarely; but inhuman child assaults are happening more than it was supposed to lately.

Anyways, you know what really grinds my gears? Night Terrors. Surprise surprise, I used to have insomnia; and it got cured suddenly only to get replaced with frickin Night Terrors. Lately, I'm starting to have nightmares and often lose my sleep after at least 3 hours. In fact, I suddenly started waking up very early. And I mean, VERY EARLY. I used to wake up in 7:30 AM; but these days I either wake up in 5:00 AM for the utmost weirdest rons at all! Results? I often end up having only 5-6 hours of sleep; despite I'm only 15 years old. Wonderful, isn't it?

@CatMuto: Just because I haven't said it does not mean that does not grind my gear. It's just, that sort of foul deed occurs on our country rarely; but inhuman child assaults are happening more than it was supposed to lately.

...okay.

Quote:
Why can't I be alone? Why must I like people in such a way? Ugh!

Well, you can, like, not act on it. Ignore it. You could eventually overwrite your hormones.

C-A

Alexander James

You know what really grinds my gears? Sex.
I've already talked about this in my blog.

Seriously, why do people discriminate people by their sex?
Just because she's a girl doesn't mean she's not a gamer.

Stop calling playing girls "gamer girls", because gamers have no preference gender.
Sexism is a big problem.

The girls say that they control the world, because they're women.

I DEMAND BULLSHIT!

The women and men are designed for love, not for ruling the world in any way.

Girls think they're high and mighty because they can manipulate men. Boys think that they're the greatest because they can impress women. Seriously, this batshit is making me sick, like Batman eating a bat taking a shit.

Another thing I hate the most is the homophobia.
Seriously? Is there any reason to be so disgusted of homosexuals? That is really offensive.

Many people think that homosexuals and bisexuals are the same thing, but it's not.

If you're wondering about my sex, I'm bisexual, which is completely different from homosexual.
Like Tyler Oakley, he's homosexual. Do I act like him? No, I love both sexes.

It's so irritating when people have no idea what they're talking about, especially when it's about sex.
Who do we even have sexes anyway?!

That really grinds my gears.

Great Revival

Ah, sexism...
If only we lived in a world without gender.
The worst part is feminists who insist that women are superior to men.
That's wrong. All genders should be equal. Whether you're male, female, asexual, transgender, who gives a shit!

Winter Flag Trademark

Oliver wrote:
Ah, sexism...
That's wrong. All genders should be equal. Whether you're male, female, asexual, transgender, who gives a shit!

*//w//* Best post of the day. This post got Patchy's approval. I'm not kidding. All genders are equal and must be no matter what.

I'd append it with another one, but will do it later.

Great Revival

Oliver wrote:
Ah, sexism...

*//w//* Best post of the day. This post got Patchy's approval. I'm not kidding. All genders are equal and must be no matter what.

I'd append it with another one, but will do it later.

Patch's approval?
Impossible, what did you do with the real Patch?
She would never approve of me! :edgeworth:

Quote:
Seriously, why do people discriminate people by their sex?

Because people are morons.

Quote:
Just because she's a girl doesn't mean she's not a gamer.

People say this because...
Men: don't think a woman can understand the 'complicated' 'mechanics' of videogames. And don't like the idea that a woman is better at shooting virtual guns than them.
Women: don't think a girl would actually enjoy that stuff. She'd only do it for a man.
Cause women never, ever, ever play videogames and videogames consist of nothing but shooting things.

Quote:
Is there any reason to be so disgusted of homosexuals?

I think it's believe who are disgusted, because they are afraid that any homosexual of their gender will immediately try to seduce them. So they play macho and are assholes because, hah, see, you'll never get ME around! Or they are disgusted at their own thoughts of "what would that mea-Oh god no! No, don't go there, brain!"
My guesses.

Quote:
Many people think that homosexuals and bisexuals are the same thing, but it's not.

Well, there are also morons who think things like asexual or aromantic don't exist, or are the same thing, when they aren't, either.
And idiots who think being a transvestite automatically makes you a transsexual. (*COUGHNAOTOIDIOTSCOUGH*)

Quote:
Who do we even have sexes anyway?!

For the sake of reproduction. :ron:

C-A

Great Revival

As I always say:
Reproduction is gross, dating is gross, romance is gross, hormones are gross, and genders are horrible.
And I think the reason a lot of people are scared of homosexuals, is because (Please excuse me for this religious people) of what it says in the bible. I won't try quoting it so I don't fuck up and have hundreds of people biting my feet. My feet are delicate, y'know?

Oliver wrote:
As I always say:
Reproduction is gross, dating is gross, romance is gross, hormones are gross, and genders are horrible.
And I think the reason a lot of people are scared of homosexuals, is because (Please excuse me for this religious people) of what it says in the bible. I won't try quoting it so I don't fuck up and have hundreds of people biting my feet. My feet are delicate, y'know?

The bible? Sounds right. All the religious fanatics seem to have that holier-than-thou complex, yet fail to understand exactly how sinful it is to judge on sexual preferences, or rather, use God as an excuse for hating on non-straight people. "God doesn't like gays" or "gay people have forsaken God" ugh. God doesn't judge or discriminate. That's his whole thing. There is nothing wrong with having an infatuation for anything whether it be the same gender or your living room couch.

But really, homophobia is given predominantly by people from the older generation. You know, all those people in their 30s and above? Just give it some time. Everyone has to die sometime. Everyone...

Great Revival

You know what really grinds my gears? Crescent Moon wanting people to die.
Exactly. Just... Exactly.

Nerd Processor

Crescent Moon wrote:
Oliver wrote:
As I always say:

The bible? Sounds right. All the religious fanatics seem to have that holier-than-thou complex, yet fail to understand exactly how sinful it is to judge on sexual preferences, or rather, use God as an excuse for hating on non-straight people. "God doesn't like gays" or "gay people have forsaken God" ugh. God doesn't judge or discriminate. That's his whole thing. There is nothing wrong with having an infatuation for anything whether it be the same gender or your living room couch.

And that's the second time in the past few weeks I've been reminded that someone I considered an online friend started quoting the bible at me via PM on another forum in an attempt to fix me a while back. :sadshoe:
My Ace Attorney FanFiction Thread (Last updated: 5th August 2018)

I don't think anyone here is trying to 'fix' anyone. We're just... venting and ranting about what people do or use as excuses. Which, as much of a minefield it is, their religion can be.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
I don't think anyone here is trying to 'fix' anyone. We're just... venting and ranting about what people do or use as excuses. Which, as much of a minefield it is, their religion can be.

C-A

They didn't say it was here. Said it was on another forum.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Nerd Processor

Pierre wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

They didn't say it was here. Said it was on another forum.

^ This. It was a long time ago now. It's just this conversation and another on Twitter the other week reminded me of it. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
My Ace Attorney FanFiction Thread (Last updated: 5th August 2018)

My fault. I didn't read properly.

C-A

Crescent Moon wrote:
Oliver wrote:
As I always say:

But really, homophobia is given predominantly by people from the older generation. You know, all those people in their 30s and above? Just give it some time. Everyone has to die sometime. Everyone...

What bugs me about that attitude is that adultery is supposed to be just as bad, if not worse, yet homosexuality gets all the hate.

Seriously, if you're going to hate someone for sinning one way, be consistent about it and hate someone for sinning another way.

Not to mention; lying, stealing, dishonoring parents, and wishing you had what someone else has instead of them having it; those are all sins that a lot of people do on at least a semi-regular basis, but all the hate goes towards homosexuality for some reason. You don't see people going to prisons carrying signs that say "God hates thieves!," do you?

Aside from that, God doesn't "hate" anyone for doing wrong, he hates that they do wrong. And he's willing to forgive anyone for anything short of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, as long as they ask forgiveness and try to change their behavior. So, I don't know why people who claim to follow God can say "God hates gays." Come on, it's ridiculous.

TheDoctor wrote:
So, I don't know why people who claim to follow God can say "God hates gays." Come on, it's ridiculous.

That's the thing. People who honestly act like this tend to usually not really be following the religion. They just pick apart the pieces of it that they like and ignore the rest.

C-A

Winter Flag Trademark

CatMuto wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:
So, I don't know why people who claim to follow God can say "God hates gays." Come on, it's ridiculous.

That's the thing. People who honestly act like this tend to usually not really be following the religion. They just pick apart the pieces of it that they like and ignore the rest.

C-A

Um, so you mean that there's no such things as "God hates homosexual people"? It's just an excuse for homophobes to hate/go against the Homosexual people?

I personally have nothing against the homosexuals; as I changed my perspective towards them. Especially after finding out I'm not straight at all. :viola:

CatMuto wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:

C-A

Um, so you mean that there's no such things as "God hates homosexual people"? It's just an excuse for homophobes to hate/go against the Homosexual people?

I personally have nothing against the homosexuals; as I changed my perspective towards them. Especially after finding out I'm not straight at all. :viola:

Well... considering I personally do not believe in any type of god, I cannot say I am saying there is no such thing.

Maybe my post wasn't properly worded. I mean that people who say 'God hates fags' are the ones who are not really part of the religion. They just pick whatever they want and use it as an argument, which ultimately holds no water. They do not really follow this religion, they just use it as an excuse to explain why THEY hate homosexuals (because their/that religion's god/gods do not condone it), without having an actual reason why they hate homosexuals to begin with.

C-A

IMO, the greatest truths of religion are the hardest to understand. Something like "gays are bad" is easily understood, and very communicable.

Most people will simply always pick the lowest hanging fruit from something. So, I don't encourage them to eat fruit.
Page 27 of 39 [ 1554 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 39  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices