Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 9 of 23[ 913 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 23  Next

Re: Let's Talk About The New School YearTopic%20Title

1000% Knight

silentxfilmstar wrote:
This quarter (which is almost over, yay!!), I'm taking only 3 classes: Japanese 101, math for stupid kids, and Geology 107.

ああ、 わたしも にほんごのいちねんせいです!

Got my first midterm grade... Comp Sci written. There was all this weird stuff on it that was never explicitly stated, and that I could've found out in less than 3 seconds with a computer. But I still did well on it <3 (I hope... 55/60. But who knows how it's going to curve.) There's still the programming part, but it was only out of 30 points and I'm pretty sure I aced it.

I also had my Japanese oral midterm... There were all these requirements of stuff we were supposed to say, but when it started... ugh, my mind just blanked, I wasn't paying attention to any of it, I just spoke xD We were supposed to ask 2 yes/no questions and 2 open-ended questions, but I have no idea what I asked... I just asked lots of questions, so I hope it was fine xD (She said it was good, but I don't know how good "good" actually is xD)

@English teachers banning words: Yeah, really and very are fillers and can always be taken out of the sentence. And she obviously just wanted you to use more sophisticated words... I mean, why not? (Yes it's annoying but it helps)
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Matryoshka~

One of my teachers asked us to write about something we hated. I wrote about Bleach fillers. :shoe:

私は日本語の三年生でした!(I was a third year Japanese student.)

I only got to take it in high school though... My university doesn't even have Japanese :( *Is stuck with Italian*

My other electives in high school were:

Art (Which I took all 4 years)

Crafts/3D Design (Grade 12, which I hated)

Webmaster (A website making class, which also taught Flash a little, took that in Grade 12)

Digital Visualization (Grade 12, was a class where you learn how to use 3DS Max)

Computer Art (Grade 10, the teacher didn't want me to take the 2nd class because she thought I goofed off, then started kissing my ass and decided to let me take it because my mom complained... I ended up not taking it in place of Crafts)

Study Skills (Grade 9, total waste of time. I WAS going to start Japanese that year, but my middle school counselors talked me out of taking because they thought it would be too hard for me and forced me to take this :/)

earthlings on fire

Bad Player wrote:

@English teachers banning words: Yeah, really and very are fillers and can always be taken out of the sentence. And she obviously just wanted you to use more sophisticated words... I mean, why not? (Yes it's annoying but it helps)

Well... I can understand the issue about overusing 'very' and 'really' but if you don't allow modifying words under five letters, you're not going to get anything of quality. Plenty of 'sophisticated' words can be under five letters.
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

1000% Knight

nekonohime wrote:
私は日本語の三年生でした!(I was a third year Japanese student.)

... :lana:
-just started learning kanji today- (かんじを わかりません I don't know if that's actually right lol)

My high school didn't have Japanese, only Spanish, French, and Latin. But Latin is awesome so :godot:

@Cravat: Yes there are sophisticated words under 5 letters, but a lot of "baby words" are short, so... And no, for a real, major essay that restriction shouldn't be enforced, but for something like an exercise it's probably a good way to expand your vocabulary.

Soo, in the week after our 5-week reports came out, my math grade has shot up by 5 points. Meaning that I have no idea how this crap's getting graded. I also have the highest grade in my US History class (with only a 90, is that sad or what?).

I love Chem the most though. I mean, I made a couple of chemistry jokes over the summer, and my teacher said that if I made a little poster of them, then I could have extra credit. :D

For example:
What were sodium chloride and the lithium cell arrested for?
Spoiler: answer
A-salt and battery! (Assault and battery, get it?)

What did the British chemist say to his girlfriend?
'Allo, Jen! (Halogen! I'm so clever!)

Et tu, Brute?

Athena von Karma wrote:
What did the British chemist say to his girlfriend?
'Allo, Jen! (Halogen! I'm so clever!)

My chemistry teacher has called this one student Halogen because he said he was 'empty.' He replied: I prefer Noble Gas. :redd:

1000% Knight

Athena von Karma wrote:
I also have the highest grade in my US History class (with only a 90, is that sad or what?).

Is it AP and/or curved? Also, they tell you who has the highest grade? .__.

You're first joke was awesome!!! xDD Your second joke was... Your first joke was awesome!!! xDD

Et tu, Brute?

Bad Player wrote:
Athena von Karma wrote:
I also have the highest grade in my US History class (with only a 90, is that sad or what?).

AP U.S. History...oh the good old days of Grade 11. I happened to have the highest mark in that course as well. :redd:

I was deemed not smart enough at my high school to get into AP classes. In fact, I was stuck in LD classes (Even though I only needed it for Math) :/

earthlings on fire

Don't feel bad; having difficulty in a few courses doesn't mean you aren't smart :)
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

I only really had problems in Math, but they forced me to do LD classes for classes that I actually did well in, such as English. Not only that, they were also co-taught (A class with the teacher and a teacher's aide).

I actually was not supposed to be in those classes, but they put me in it anyway because I was misdiagnosed as having a learning disability.

Bad Player wrote:
Athena von Karma wrote:

You're first joke was awesome!!! xDD Your second joke was... Your first joke was awesome!!! xDD

Yeah, AP, no, not curved. And I only know I have the highest grade because my teacher told me afterschool. Which is weird, because I have to struggle to stay awake.

1000% Knight

It's AP but not curved?! :ack: You're school is weird...

My childhood right here

This girl who sits behind me in Social Studies goes "ekekeke" after she says something funny. Now I've started doing that and this one guy in my lunch has eyes that look like marbles.

Bad Player wrote:
silentxfilmstar wrote:
This quarter (which is almost over, yay!!), I'm taking only 3 classes: Japanese 101, math for stupid kids, and Geology 107.

ああ、 わたしも にほんごのいちねんせいです!

Wow, you learned more than me. Like, I understand what you said, we just never learned counting years or anything like that. The Japanese books we use are kinda on the lame side. I feel like I've learned a lot more in my German 101 class than I have been learning in Japanese. All the exercises are beyond easy and linear. I really don't understand why it takes some of the students so long to complete them when all you have to do is substitute one word for another. I mean, I guess I'm used to more complicated work with the last few classes I took in German, but still. It also doesn't help that my instructor makes us check our answers with a partner. I mean, what if neither you or your partner got the right answer and you don't know what the correct one is?? I still like the class, mostly because I finally get to learn Japanese in a formal setting...*Ahem* Buuut I digress...

Bad Player wrote:
-just started learning kanji today- (かんじを わかりません I don't know if that's actually right lol)

My high school didn't have Japanese, only Spanish, French, and Latin. But Latin is awesome so :godot:

Daaaayum, this is your first year and you already started on kanji?? Has your class already finished katakana and hiragana?? I'll start learning katakana next quarter and won't be learning kanji until next year...

But yeah, my high school didn't have Japanese either. We had Spanish, French, German, American Sign Language, and Chinese (but they started offering it *after* I graduated, which pissed me off because I also want to learn it :yuusaku: )

1000% Knight

Sign Language .__.

Anyway, yeah, we learned all of the hiragana and katakana characters in like... two and a half weeks >_> Also, we're learning a whopping total of 5 kanji right now... so it's not like we're going crazy with it xD

We didn't even use textbooks in my Japanese class 8D

First year we learned hiragana and katakana, and learned kanji in second year. Third year was pretty much nothing but kanji.

The hardest kanji for me BY FAR were these little bastards: 勉 and 強. Together they read べんきょう (benkyou) which means 'study' or 'diligence'. Heard this one a lot.

Yeah, I had a really hard time with some of the kanji. And also the conjugation and numbers... WHY DO THEY HAVE SEPARATE COUNTING SYSTEMS FOR EVERYTHING?! T____T

1000% Knight

nekonohime wrote:
We didn't even use textbooks in my Japanese class 8D

We use a textbook... written by the head of our Japanese department :gant:

Quote:
First year we learned hiragana and katakana, and learned kanji in second year. Third year was pretty much nothing but kanji.

We are going fast .__. (I often facebook chat my Japanese friend and ask her random questions and stuff, and she said we were going fast but I didn't really know xD

Quote:
The hardest kanji for me BY FAR were these little bastards: 勉 and 強. Together they read べんきょう (benkyou) which means 'study' or 'diligence'. Heard this one a lot.

わたしは まいにち にほんごを べんきょうします。 そして、 まいにち にほんごのじゅぎょうが あります。

Quote:
Yeah, I had a really hard time with some of the kanji. And also the conjugation and numbers... WHY DO THEY HAVE SEPARATE COUNTING SYSTEMS FOR EVERYTHING?! T____T

All we've learned in terms of conjugations is -masu, -masen, -mashita, and -masendeshita, so... I'm going to enjoy that while it lasts xD And I went :beef: when I found out about counters.

Wow. I guess you're in the beginner's level, I guess. Since I went up to Japanese 3, I guess I'm at the intermediate level.

Also, I recommend this site for help on conjugation. It gives you conjugation for any Japanese verb or adjective you put in. I also use Jim Breen's WWWJDIC and Denshi Jisho for looking up vocab words and kanji. These sites helped me out a lot!

がんばってください!

Bad Player wrote:

Wait, do you mean curved like the final average? When they're figuring out class rank? Because they DO do that. AP is a 1.10, regular stuff ranges from 1.00-1.08. Most of mine are 1.08-1.10.

Sorry, I was thinking curved like test-wise (you know, highest score goes to 100, and everyone gets extra credit?)

Et tu, Brute?

nekonohime wrote:
I was deemed not smart enough at my high school to get into AP classes. In fact, I was stuck in LD classes (Even though I only needed it for Math) :/

At a small independent, liberal arts high school, we were never given a choice. :eh?:

1000% Knight

Athena von Karma wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

Wait, do you mean curved like the final average? When they're figuring out class rank? Because they DO do that. AP is a 1.10, regular stuff ranges from 1.00-1.08. Most of mine are 1.08-1.10.

Sorry, I was thinking curved like test-wise (you know, highest score goes to 100, and everyone gets extra credit?)

Weeeeeeeeird

At my school, the teachers just curved all the tests from raw scores to your actual score. They didn't do it so that the highest grade was a 100, and the next highest a 98, or anything like that, but just so that... basically so people didn't fail classes like AP Physics xD (where you weren't expected to get 100s on the test anyway)

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

Tadadada..

School is so boring. Weird. When I have my timetable in English (forget? I'm Austrian -.-), then I'll show the timetable here, because the timetable sucks. :///
And the timetable is in my kitchen on the timetable-wall.

Lol. Me=Boring. I'm sorry. Because I'm nervous: Math-test next week. And I can't anything. >.>

The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions

시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에

Trivia 轉 : Seesaw

My childhood right here

I've dowloaded this app: iHomework. It's like an agenda, but I actually use it! Gasp! It really helps alot. I suggest it for anyone who's in school.

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

Steel Turnabout wrote:
I've dowloaded this app: iHomework. It's like an agenda, but I actually use it! Gasp! It really helps alot. I suggest it for anyone who's in school.

Guilty. I have it. :)

tastes like new reed

Ugh... I am not happy. We have a picture book due on November 12th for Science on everything we learned about meteorology.:sadshoe: It sucks. On Saturday and Sunday I had a really bad fever/cold or whatever, and my voice was really hoarse today. At least I didn't have music today!
A tip for people that ride the bus to school: never ride a school bus when your bladder's full. The bumps on the bus will just make it worse. On my morning and afternoon bus I really had to use the bathroom. It sucked. And my bus ride in the morning is I think 30-45 minutes long, and my afternoon bus ride is probably somewhere close to an hour long.
Have you ever had a math teacher that made you correct your tests? Mine does that. If we get ANYTHING wrong on our tests he tells us to take the test home and correct it. He also said that sometimes he counts things that are right wring on the test but he has the correct score of your test in his grade book. He's a sneaky math teacher. But I think that our table in math class is the table that Mr. Math likes the most because we have this guy at our table who Mr. Math likes a lot. It's not because he's a nerd, but it's because he jokes around with Mr. Math and he always writes "DUDE!" on his math homework. Then our whole table got into putting "DUDE!" or something else on our math homework except for this one girl. Once I drew a winking eye. :redd:
This guy that I know got staples on the back of his head because he fell backwards on his skateboard, so at recess when we were playing soccer and he had the ball my friends and I yelled, "C'mon Staples! Pass it here, Staples! You can do it Staples!" Then the teacher that was watching us remembered that he had staples on his head because we were calling him Staples, and he had to sit out because if you had an injury you couldn't really play anything. I feel bad for him.

Is still absolute trash.

@ filipinoamerican: My friend that moved away use to draw cupcakes on my papers, which would end up looking weird at the wrong times. (I.E.: having a 60 on a paper in Biology and having a big pink cupcake on said paper.)

This week's Red Ribbon Week, and tomorrow we're allowed to wear our Halloween costumes. I want to cosplay, but I don't want the girl in my class that I don't like to figure out who I would be. That and it has to be dress code. XP

On another school-related note, today in Nutrition class, we made calaveras de azúcar, otherwise known as sugar skulls! (YAY!! I've always wanted to make them~! Tomorrow, I think we get to decorate them~.) My Nutr. teacher takes classes over at WT in Canyon, TX, and I think the university is holding a Day of the Dead-type festival sometime this weekend, so we made sugar skulls for her to take over there. One of the bigger skulls I made kinda lost its' teeth when it was coming out of the mold. T_T My smallest one came out perfectly, and the one I laid out for my friend came out fine, too. -_- (Damn gravity favoring them over me.) It was really weird feeling the sugar/meringue powder/water mixture in between my fingers.. It looked like snow, felt like sand, and probably tasted like sugar. But it was so fun~~!
*trumpet sounds*

Between Today and Tomorrow

So many things happened at school last week...

One of our junior high school's administration staff got an accident and passed away. ='(

Then, for Biology lab, the topic was about blood...and we had to use blood lancets.
Every student in the lab freaked out. One of my friend, a boy, refused to have his blood sample taken...he tried to run away and my two teachers went to chase him for 15 minutes before they finally gave up XD
We were doing 2 experiments at the time. The first one, blood type checking, was obligatory, and the second one, transfusion model, was optional (only 6 volunteers were needed). I was forced to participate in the second one, which means I had to use the lancets twice. T.T
...I freaking hate blood lancets >_<

This Thursday, we're going to the next town over to study in an international school for a day.
We also get the chance to stay with expatriat families for 3 days. It's going to be, like, some sort of cultural exchange program. Whee~

My childhood right here

Today in lunch, there was a catfight! There was no warning of it, no known reason why. They just started pulling each others' hair and biting each other and punching each other. It took over ten minutes to break them apart. Meanwhile, they pressed this one boy up against the wall. He was on tiptoes, hands up, like "I'm not a part of this! GOD DAMMIT HELP ME I'M TERRIFIED!" He was so scurred he was paranoid for the rest of the day.

1000% Knight

Power Berry wrote:
Then, for Biology lab, the topic was about blood...and we had to use blood lancets.
Every student in the lab freaked out. One of my friend, a boy, refused to have his blood sample taken...he tried to run away and my two teachers went to chase him for 15 minutes before they finally gave up XD
We were doing 2 experiments at the time. The first one, blood type checking, was obligatory, and the second one, transfusion model, was optional (only 6 volunteers were needed). I was forced to participate in the second one, which means I had to use the lancets twice. T.T
...I freaking hate blood lancets >_<
That sounds like a law suit waiting to happen :lana: (Although I'm sure if I could've gotten out of dissecting frogs, I could get out of that :godot: )

tastes like new reed

Today my friends and I met some high schoolers! They ride my bus. They get on when we stop at the hub(where buses stop and some people on the bus go onto another bus). It all started when a high schooler yelled, "I'M A STRIPPER!" We all stared at her. Then she explained that she was playing Copy and Paste with her friends. I showed her my pinkies and she said,"Oh my gosh, your pinkies are so thin!" And then we had a conversation on the teachers at Lincoln. She used to go to Lincoln. Yeah, they were freaky, but nice. I also kept on poking this 6th grader who was stuck in between the seats because he's so tall. I also smacked him on the head when he was trying to go to sleep and he had his sweater on his head.
I just realized how mean I am. There's this dude in our class that's really annoying, and he sits in front of me during Math. During Math he was being really annoying, so I said, "You know what? Just shut up, nobody likes you." I'm mean. :sadshoe:

Just got my grade back for my Women's Studies midterm test. I got a 45 out of 80, which means I pretty much failed it. Got a test in Chemistry tomorrow... Hope I don't bomb this test... I know I totally bombed the first one, but luckily the teacher is dropping the lowest test grade.

I really hope I do better next semester, because Women's Studies and Chemistry are kicking my ass. *Shakes fist at counselor for forcing me to take these classes*

Et tu, Brute?

nekonohime wrote:
Just got my grade back for my Women's Studies midterm test. I got a 45 out of 80, which means I pretty much failed it. Got a test in Chemistry tomorrow... Hope I don't bomb this test... I know I totally bombed the first one, but luckily the teacher is dropping the lowest test grade.

I really hope I do better next semester, because Women's Studies and Chemistry are kicking my ass. *Shakes fist at counselor for forcing me to take these classes*

Now I know for sure not to take this course...

nekonohime wrote:
And also the conjugation and numbers... WHY DO THEY HAVE SEPARATE COUNTING SYSTEMS FOR EVERYTHING?! T____T

THIS. OMFG I hate counting in Japanese. I don't have a problem with conjugating because we learned verbs in the "-masu" form so far, but I can't imagine it being as confusing as German conjugation can get. Present perfect, simple past...ugh, I forget the rest... DX
Bad Player wrote:
We are going fast .__. (I often facebook chat my Japanese friend and ask her random questions and stuff, and she said we were going fast but I didn't really know xD

Yeah, you guys seem to go fast. I'm sure the students in my class would have a heart attack if they were going at the same rate you guys are. I've known how to read katakana and hiragana for awhile, it was just writing them down correctly was what confused me. I can recognize some kanji and know some of the different pronunciations of them, but it's very limited...

1000% Knight

silentxfilmstar wrote:
nekonohime wrote:
And also the conjugation and numbers... WHY DO THEY HAVE SEPARATE COUNTING SYSTEMS FOR EVERYTHING?! T____T

THIS. OMFG I hate counting in Japanese. I don't have a problem with conjugating because we learned verbs in the "-masu" form so far, but I can't imagine it being as confusing as German conjugation can get. Present perfect, simple past...ugh, I forget the rest... DX

Well in Japanese in terms of tense there's only past and not-past... but then there's politness and formality, which is where I think it gets really crazy and horrible xD (And so far we only have -masu, -masen, -mashita, and -masendeshita, which are just the regular polite formal forms)
Quote:
Bad Player wrote:

Yeah, you guys seem to go fast. I'm sure the students in my class would have a heart attack if they were going at the same rate you guys are. I've known how to read katakana and hiragana for awhile, it was just writing them down correctly was what confused me. I can recognize some kanji and know some of the different pronunciations of them, but it's very limited...

Since I didn't know anything before (well, except ぬ from Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo) I didn't have that problem :D The only kanji we've learned is 大学校先生 :x

Midterm friday... morae pitching is going to kill me T_T (I already did the oral part, too, but I don't know how I did on it... I get the feeling I already talked about it on here lol)

And thx for the links, neko! Used them tonight to look up some stuff on my hw <3

My childhood right here

I hate Level 3 French! I don't understand Passe Compose or Imparfait at all! I have to guess when I'm doing a worksheet on it! "Imparfait is a habit, while P.C. is a snapshot in time." Great. Then how come getting dressed is P.C. most of the time? Getting dressed is a habit, right?
Other than that, I'm doing great. Failed two geometry quizzes. On logic. Failed an Earth Science quiz on streams. Failed a Social Studies quiz on cavemen. Failed an english worksheet because I missed one out of the thirty questions. WTF. But passed all the other stuff! Woohooh!
Oh, and in INTRO COMP, we were typing sentences, and instead of putting "Kia and Mara are sisters." five times I put "Mia and Maya are sisters." And lost points, not because of that (accuracy grading system), but because I did what he said and did every other line twice. Fail.

tastes like new reed

This dude in my class asked me if I spoke French in French a few days ago. It sounded really weird.

@Steel Turnabout
How the heck did you fail an English worksheet by missing one question? That's just not right.
Other than that, you're doing good in school... I guess.

I'm so glad we don't have school today and tomorrow. Although, I'll probably have to get started on my stupid Picture Book for Science. *sigh* Argh. I have a stupid cough and a runny nose, too. Grrrr. Then I have to finish my Superstars for Math and Social Studies homework. Then I have to read some more of The Adventures of Ulysses while writing my thoughts down.

1000% Knight

filipinoamerican wrote:
Then I have to read some more of The Adventures of Ulysses while writing my thoughts down.

...You'd better be talking about Homer's Odyssey (which is awesome, btw)

Anyway, did really well in Comp Sci. Had my econ midterm yesterday and I thought it was pretty easy, so... :) One of my friends got the same answers as me on all the tricky questions. Anyway, all that's left is Math (after the break) and Japanese (tomorrow) and then we have fall break! Yay!

tastes like new reed

Bad Player wrote:
filipinoamerican wrote:
Then I have to read some more of The Adventures of Ulysses while writing my thoughts down.

...You'd better be talking about Homer's Odyssey (which is awesome, btw)

Umm... The Adventures of Ulysses is just one book about Ulysses.
Spoiler: The Adventures of Ulysses

I am so gonna fail Language Arts when we start Seminars. I didn't speak at all during last year's Seminars. I only said one witty comment that wasn't really that important.
I hate seminars.
Page 9 of 23 [ 913 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 23  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices