Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 10 of 40[ 1583 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 40  Next

Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title

Your Honor! There is a contradiction!

I know this probably doesn't belong here but I need to vent about it.

So...my dad is finally being kicked out of the house. I never really expected it to actually HAPPEN but there you go. I just hate how much my parents are acting now that I know.

For starters, my dad is practically apologizing to me every 10 seconds, this is an exaggeration, but he's pretty much kissing my feet and I don't like it. My mom isn't doing any better, I hardly see her anymore since she's practically living with a friend of hers until my dad leaves, and whenever I do see her she feels the need to re-hash old ground and apologize to me about how it's unfair to me and yadda yadda.

I really just wish that this whole thing was over already...

Gettin' Old!

shippersdreamer wrote:

So...my dad is finally being kicked out of the house. I never really expected it to actually HAPPEN but there you go. I just hate how much my parents are acting now that I know.

For starters, my dad is practically apologizing to me every 10 seconds, this is an exaggeration, but he's pretty much kissing my feet and I don't like it. My mom isn't doing any better, I hardly see her anymore since she's practically living with a friend of hers until my dad leaves, and whenever I do see her she feels the need to re-hash old ground and apologize to me about how it's unfair to me and yadda yadda.

Sorry to hear man :( Sounds like it's a real weight right now.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Your Honor! There is a contradiction!

Pierre wrote:
shippersdreamer wrote:

Sorry to hear man :( Sounds like it's a real weight right now.

Yeah it is, but I'm gonna be fine, just gotta get through it all. :simon: Wish I could just shut them up though.

Alonso Swift wrote:
...The worst part? It started because I called her out on hiding in her bedroom while she had something cooking in the microwave. :ron:

I do feel like saying, why should it matter if she holes herself up in her bedroom if something is in the microwave? Far as I know, Microwaves generally do not cause fires. The time and heat of cooking something in the microwave is set, the timer begins and when it's done, it's done, turning itself off. No real fear of a fire. Unlike on the stove or oven.

Quote:
Wish I could just shut them up though.

I dunno, can't you tell your father and mother, separately being the only way apparently, that you aren't angry at them for "doing this to you" so they don't need to apologize all the time? And maybe tell your mother that whatever the issue is that is with your father leaving is between her and him and you don't want to be a part of it. Since it probably really has nothing to do with you.
If it does, they should flat out tell you what it is and how, so you can discuss it.

C-A

[Whip the cream!]

I'm so damn sick of judgemental hypocrites; that's a fact, but it really gets on my nerves when some of my closest friends are like that - friends who think everyone should be kind and nice and sweet to anyone. First I really admired that (I may be your friendly neighbourhood cynic, but I'm also a -not self-procraimed- kind person who would never say anything to hurt one another just for the hell of it). Then I realized they were preeetty hypocritical. If a person isn't perfect by their standards they are "creepy" at best "assholes" at worst. They just refuse to think behind the box; perhaps they were influenced by upbringing, society, perhaps they didn't feel good? Now, I'm not talking about people being jerks for the sake of being jerks. I'm talking about players, people that can say one rude thing - they are basically damned for all time in their eyes. I used to have some player-ish tendencies. I can be rude. Especially if I'm feeling bad. I'm much less than perfect, but they seem to think they actually are perfect. This irks me to no end, the are two of my closest friends, but I just wish they could pluck the planks out of their own eyes before starting to complain about the splinter in other people's eyes. Try to walk a mile or two in their shoes. (And if one of them says something less than nice they are saved, because... they had reason to! I think most people do.)

The same goes for fictional characters. Aren't they perfect and kind and immediately loveable they are a "creep" or an "asshole", while my own heart bleeds for imperfections, imperfect characters - because I know I would be one.

Phew. This was long. Some kind of catharcis perhaps, I'm off to meet one of them soon, and thus I can talk to them about them without sounding too judgemental.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Ace Explorer

CatMuto wrote:
Alonso Swift wrote:
...The worst part? It started because I called her out on hiding in her bedroom while she had something cooking in the microwave. :ron:

I do feel like saying, why should it matter if she holes herself up in her bedroom if something is in the microwave? Far as I know, Microwaves generally do not cause fires. The time and heat of cooking something in the microwave is set, the timer begins and when it's done, it's done, turning itself off. No real fear of a fire. Unlike on the stove or oven.

I get that, but in my opinion if you're cooking something (no matter if it's a microwave or an open fire) then you should take a little responsibility and stay close by to check it when it's done.
Also, my parents and I had a little discussion about it when my dad got home, and it turns out that he agrees with me.

But in my mind this whole situation is taken care of, and I'm going to leave it alone unless something similar happens again.
Well? Are we going or what?

You know, a Mario game!

WaitingforGodot wrote:
I'm so damn sick of judgemental hypocrites; that's a fact, but it really gets on my nerves when some of my closest friends are like that - friends who think everyone should be kind and nice and sweet to anyone. First I really admired that (I may be your friendly neighbourhood cynic, but I'm also a -not self-procraimed- kind person who would never say anything to hurt one another just for the hell of it). Then I realized they were preeetty hypocritical. If a person isn't perfect by their standards they are "creepy" at best "assholes" at worst. They just refuse to think behind the box; perhaps they were influenced by upbringing, society, perhaps they didn't feel good? Now, I'm not talking about people being jerks for the sake of being jerks. I'm talking about players, people that can say one rude thing - they are basically damned for all time in their eyes. I used to have some player-ish tendencies. I can be rude. Especially if I'm feeling bad. I'm much less than perfect, but they seem to think they actually are perfect. This irks me to no end, the are two of my closest friends, but I just wish they could pluck the planks out of their own eyes before starting to complain about the splinter in other people's eyes. Try to walk a mile or two in their shoes. (And if one of them says something less than nice they are saved, because... they had reason to! I think most people do.)

The same goes for fictional characters. Aren't they perfect and kind and immediately loveable they are a "creep" or an "asshole", while my own heart bleeds for imperfections, imperfect characters - because I know I would be one.

Phew. This was long. Some kind of catharcis perhaps, I'm off to meet one of them soon, and thus I can talk to them about them without sounding too judgemental.

I so agree with you, if this was Twitter, I'd retweet that in an instant. Of course, that was way too long for Twitter, but still. It's the reason why I didn't have many friends growing up, because everyone was so judgmental of me as a kid. Even my aunts and uncles told my parents that I was going to go to prison when I got older, simply because I misbehaved a bit as a kid. I was like 7, nearly every kid that age misbehaves at least some times. Nobody is perfect unless they have flaws, that goes for fictional characters as well! Characters have to have flaws to be interesting. I was always raised being taught that nobody is perfect, everybody in the world has flaws, and accepting people's flaws is what separates true friends from people who just pretend to be your friend.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

What exactly says that anyone, whether friend or foe, needs to ACCEPT your flaws. All they gotta do is acknowledge them.

C-A

[Whip the cream!]

dimentiorules wrote:
I so agree with you, if this was Twitter, I'd retweet that in an instant. Of course, that was way too long for Twitter, but still. It's the reason why I didn't have many friends growing up, because everyone was so judgmental of me as a kid. Even my aunts and uncles told my parents that I was going to go to prison when I got older, simply because I misbehaved a bit as a kid. I was like 7, nearly every kid that age misbehaves at least some times. Nobody is perfect unless they have flaws, that goes for fictional characters as well! Characters have to have flaws to be interesting. I was always raised being taught that nobody is perfect, everybody in the world has flaws, and accepting people's flaws is what separates true friends from people who just pretend to be your friend.

Oh dear... prison. That's some A+ uhm... aunting/unceling there... About what you said about not having a lot of friends growing up: I've seen that in some people; I do one thing wrong, of irk someone (like, when I was a teen, being too insecure about myself because I had been through some shit and was depressed) and it's finito for the friendship because I'm not an ideal person to put on a piedestale. It's not my fault for not living up to this very person's expectations!
Or the other way around; the people who hate players, an when I admit to have had those tendencies when I was younger - but that's alright, because they know me and my reasons! Well, do they think I'm, just because I'm their friend, I'm the ony one who's had reason? A past?
I'm glad you were raised that way, learning from start that nobody is perfect. That's healthy parenting right there.

I feel like telling Persona that it can go shove itself somewhere else. I'm close to giving up on this goddamn game. Now I'm not saying the game is DIFFICULT, heck, I like difficulty, if I didn't enjoy difficulty, why would I play Atlus games? The biggest problem I noticed with Persona right now (other than having no proper clue where to go to next, but I read I can do that easily by going into any shop and talking to party members) is the FREQUENT. RANDOM. BATTLES. That isn't difficulty, that's just annoyance. I can't enjoy a game when I feel like not taking one fucking step further because I just KNOW I'll get into another fucking random battle if I do.

RANDOM BATTLES ARE FUCKING ANNOYING WHEN THEY'RE FREQUENT! I can't ENJOY the damn game or its potential story if every other step I get a goddamn RANDOM BATTLE!

C-A

[Whip the cream!]

Weary, weary, weary. I hate dating, sleeping in the same bed as other people and having people claim to fall for me - I just forgot that I hated it because I've only been on very casual non-sleepover-just drink and make out and stuff-dates lately. I have too much experience of pushy people with leads me to having to say the same thing twenty times; no, you can't see my apartment, no, you can't see my apartment, it's a mess and it stresses me out, no, you can't see my apartment, I said why, I said why, I said why, yes, I need to go home, I need to go home, yes, I have to go home, my medicine is there, my medicine is there, my medicine is there, I get unwell if I don't take my medicine, I feel bad if I don't have to take it, I feel bad without my medicine.

You know, a Mario game!

CatMuto wrote:
I feel like telling Persona that it can go shove itself somewhere else. I'm close to giving up on this goddamn game. Now I'm not saying the game is DIFFICULT, heck, I like difficulty, if I didn't enjoy difficulty, why would I play Atlus games? The biggest problem I noticed with Persona right now (other than having no proper clue where to go to next, but I read I can do that easily by going into any shop and talking to party members) is the FREQUENT. RANDOM. BATTLES. That isn't difficulty, that's just annoyance. I can't enjoy a game when I feel like not taking one fucking step further because I just KNOW I'll get into another fucking random battle if I do.

RANDOM BATTLES ARE FUCKING ANNOYING WHEN THEY'RE FREQUENT! I can't ENJOY the damn game or its potential story if every other step I get a goddamn RANDOM BATTLE!

C-A

I know how you feel, that's why I could never get into the Pokemon series. Well, one of several reasons. I can't stand random encounters. I prefer when the enemies appear on the field, and you have to touch them to start a battle, like the Mario Rpgs and Mother 2-3. Why can't all RPGs be like that?! Besides, like I said several times before, I much prefer action RPGs like Kingdom Hearts over turn based RPGs. And when I do play a turn based RPG, I prefer it to be more "active", like the Mario RPGs.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

[Whip the cream!]

Bah!!! I was going to meet a therapist for the first time today, I went up early even though I was dead-tired, dressed nicely and neatly for a change (usually, when I'm tired and have, like a doctor's appointment, I dress like a hobo and my sad Dee Dee Ramone-hair is everywhere) and was about to go to the bus, yawning like a madman... then I picked the note up to double-check... the appointment is tomorrow. I'll have to go over all this a second time. Mumble, grumble. Well, at least I didn't get on the bus.

I'm so fucking pissed off right now, I wanna eat something hearty and try to calm down, but I can't cause if I eat my fucking teeth will hurt again!

C-A

In Justice We Trust

It's been abnormally humid for my area lately, and the temperature is higher than I would prefer. I've been canceling my daily walk; going on a walk in this weather would just leave me so sweaty that I'd have to take a shower right when I got back. I know 79°F (26°C) isn't particularly hot compared to what I imagine a good-sized chunk of the inland regions are dealing with, but please excuse me for not feeling any better knowing that. I hate the heat, be it what I'm currently dealing with on the coast or the sample of Hell that is the Midwestern summer.
I'll always love you, Max.

General Luigi wrote:
It's been abnormally humid for my area lately, and the temperature is higher than I would prefer. I've been canceling my daily walk; going on a walk in this weather would just leave me so sweaty that I'd have to take a shower right when I got back. I know 79°F (26°C) isn't particularly hot compared to what I imagine a good-sized chunk of the inland regions are dealing with, but please excuse me for not feeling any better knowing that. I hate the heat, be it what I'm currently dealing with on the coast or the sample of Hell that is the Midwestern summer.

Well, in my particular case, I dislike winter, or more especifically, I dislike it when the sky is cloudy and grey. Weather change has a great impact on my humor, more than I'd like to admit.
Even if it's not a good moment to take a walk, what do you think about swimming or going to a beach, since you live in California and all? Seems a good way to beat the heat while you're still practicing a physical activity.

Ace Explorer

General Luigi wrote:

:nick-sweat: Actually, it's not so bad for me right about now.
Well? Are we going or what?

Last edited by Alonso Swift on Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

The cape is self-fluttering

General Luigi wrote:

Yeah, humidity always makes things worse, but I'd still trade you. I don't care much for these unusually cooler temps except during the seasons they're supposed to occur.

Are you able to get in your walk earlier in the morning or after 5 or 6 in the afternoon?
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

In Justice We Trust

I've been sleeping pretty late, so early in the morning tends not to be doable for me. Dinner is usually served around the time it gets cooler, so that also is rarely an option unless I'm willing to eat out.

The Real Human Being

CatMuto wrote:
I'm so fucking pissed off right now, I wanna eat something hearty and try to calm down, but I can't cause if I eat my fucking teeth will hurt again!

C-A

I got something hearty for ya to eat!

Spoiler: The white stuff is delicious

Nyeh, the sprinkles'd get stuck in the holes~

Munich's currently experiencing meh-warmth and rain. Typical munich weather. I like rain and heat, I just don't like snow and cold.

C-A

[Whip the cream!]

I'm cold, I also think I'm getting a cold, one of my ears hurts, actually basically my everything hurts, I need a shower but I'm too bloody tired to get up, I crave coffee and cigarettes so much I'm willing to kick a puppy and the bloody neighbour is drilling again.

Gettin' Old!

Haha I'm burning through socks because of a hole in my shoe so now my foot grates along the ground every step I take. Sad part is with all this work I can't really get new shoes. Forced to resort to buying them online which means they'll get here by Friday at best.

Until then I'm basically walking on wet stony ground burning through socks like some kind of urban hobbit.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

[Whip the cream!]

Pierre. I feel you. That happened to me too. (In late autumn/early winter of all times, my feet were constantly wet.)

Art Person

Wow, hopefully your shoes get delivered to you soon then! I hate it when there's a hole in them. I had this same problem a few years ago at school.

Gettin' Old!

Guess it's my own fault for buying cheap shoes but they always get so dirty at work that I don't want to waste 'good' shoes at work.

Still it's a sunny day today which means the ground is dry so while walking may be painful at least it won't be wet.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

General Luigi wrote:
I've been sleeping pretty late, so early in the morning tends not to be doable for me. Dinner is usually served around the time it gets cooler, so that also is rarely an option unless I'm willing to eat out.

You could always do it after dinner, or just before if it gets too dark... unless you're the type to get in two hour walks or something.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

The dwarf geeky panda!

So... A friend of mine is trying to reget in touch with me. Normaly it would be an awsome thing since we had a lot of fun together and he's a really nice guy. Problem, I purposely lost touch with him because yadda yadda yadda fell in love with him yadda yadda yadda he reject me yadda yadda I said let's stay friend, but since it was WAY much easier said than done, I decided to cut links with him... Until he send me a message. I got over my heartbreak a very long time ago (the event was 2 years ago after all) but I still feel uncomfortable to see or even talk to him again... I'm weird isn't?

Also, I hate my new assignement at my job. I hate this guy's route. At least I know that all I have left is a week, a week end ans school start again...

... Why am I a little bit sad? :sadshoe:
Please don't hit me...

Would my mom please STOP. BOTHERING ME. About registering at the damn job agency!? Being registered there adds nothing, helps nothing and does nothing helpful. You know what I do to find a job? I go online, type in the job position I'm looking (and am qualified for) and apply to those that are in my region. Here's a breakdown on what happens if I'm registered at the job agency.

Worker: Hello.
Me: Hello, here is proof that I have applied to these places.
Worker: Okay. Let me look online, typing in the type of job you are trying to get and print out some places that you have to prove you applied to, when you come back in 2 weeks.
Me: *takes print outs* Goodbye.

And repeat that two weeks later. It's basically someone else doing the exact same thing I've been doing to get a job, but with the added annoyance of having to show up every 2 weeks and wasting my time and energy travelling there and back.

C-A

The video game boy; the one who wins

But if you're signed to one and proves you're looking for jobs, don't you get some sort of economical compensation? At least that's how it works here unless job agency means something other than what I'm thinking of.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

GoingforMiles wrote:
But if you're signed to one and proves you're looking for jobs, don't you get some sort of economical compensation? At least that's how it works here unless job agency means something other than what I'm thinking of.

Nope. I don't apply for unemployment money because I never paid into the system priorly (how can I if I never had a job that paid enough to have some of it be paid back into the system/I don't get hired) and also because my mother "earns too much"... which may be nice since we live in a decent place and all, but considering I don't actually have any of that money on my own, I'm still broke, so it doesn't help me.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

Shao-Mae wrote:
So... A friend of mine is trying to reget in touch with me. Normaly it would be an awsome thing since we had a lot of fun together and he's a really nice guy. Problem, I purposely lost touch with him because yadda yadda yadda fell in love with him yadda yadda yadda he reject me yadda yadda I said let's stay friend, but since it was WAY much easier said than done, I decided to cut links with him... Until he send me a message. I got over my heartbreak a very long time ago (the event was 2 years ago after all) but I still feel uncomfortable to see or even talk to him again... I'm weird isn't?

Also, I hate my new assignement at my job. I hate this guy's route. At least I know that all I have left is a week, a week end ans school start again...

Aww man that's such a shame, I'd still try and get in touch with him anyway. Especially if you are over him now :kristoph:

Kinda think that'd be a lovely romance though but it might be fine if you see him again.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The dwarf geeky panda!

Pierre wrote:
Shao-Mae wrote:

Aww man that's such a shame, I'd still try and get in touch with him anyway. Especially if you are over him now :kristoph:

Kinda think that'd be a lovely romance though but it might be fine if you see him again.

The thing is that I'm afraid that I repeat that (since I still as desperate than 2 years ago). But I have to admit it, it would be nice to regain a nice friend. He was the only one who seemed to care about how I felt about things that were driving me mad back in college years, when the others told me the usual comforting stuff.It really depends on the days, some I think that I'm not ready to face the present him and other day I think that it's not a big deal since I'm only afraid of breaking the ice. (Though I find it quite abormal that I terrified by the idea to go on his facebook page)

Nowadays I'm terribly afraid to meet ANYONE from back my college years because I have to face the fact that while they are evolving, my life is just the same as it was 2, 5 or even 10 years ago and I have nothing interesting to say.
Please don't hit me...

In Justice We Trust

I was in a similar situation with someone I had been in love with during high school. We were willing to remain friends, but we lost touch with each other after graduation. I decided to reach out once I got a Facebook account, and she was fine with keeping in touch. Our friendship pretty much became a long-distance one with the occasional possibility of spending time together when there's an opportunity.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Over 2 weeks ago, I started having stomach problems. From around last Tuesday or Wednesday, I had constant diarrhea. Since Sunday, I've been vomiting non-stop every single thing I've been putting into my system and then some. My stomach has been upset continuously because of this, I've been getting dehydrated and getting real annoying head pains because I can't keep any liquids down, and I've just been feeling overall miserable.

To top off this wonderful stuff, I've been having to leave my poor mother to go and help get my classroom set-up because I've gotten too weak to really do anything myself. I officially start next week on in-service and I'm constantly getting worse by the day. Gotta love how the most crucial weeks I need to prep stuff together and here I am, barely having enough strength to walk around for a good while. I'm sick of being sick and I'm tired of getting sick when I have important and necessary things that need to be taken care of. I mean, I'm blessed that my mom is doing so much for me because I can't, but I hate that she's taking the responsibility to what I should be doing. I'm just really angry at my body right now.

Oh yeah, I also have a teacher meeting Friday. That's going to be a challenge to get through if my body stays the way it is. Just better not try to eat or drink anything prior so all I'll do is dry heave.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

.......dully, have you been to a doctor?

...NAILED IT

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Yeah. I was told to call him again tomorrow if my condition hasn't gotten any better, so I'll see what happens from there.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

Good thing Dullahan that sounds pretty intense :ron: Perhaps it's just the new job messing you up but still...

General Luigi wrote:
I was in a similar situation with someone I had been in love with during high school. We were willing to remain friends, but we lost touch with each other after graduation. I decided to reach out once I got a Facebook account, and she was fine with keeping in touch. Our friendship pretty much became a long-distance one with the occasional possibility of spending time together when there's an opportunity.

I had that situation too, we met up after graduation and went out for a meal together. Course at this point I was going out with my current girlfriend but I still felt nervous about it. Turned out she was too so I guess we both moved on and got on alright :kristoph: Was a good night catching up.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

aka Ami <3

You know, I can't believe I'm going to say this, but... I wish I could make this post about Robin Williams' untimely death. About how he, as an entertainer, had touched many lives, and that he has works that I feel will stand the test of time. That it sucks that when people like him start to die, you start looking at your idols in a different way: you start to really notice their age. How mom and dad are starting to slow down. That time I noticed that I did the math: if everyone (save Joshua Weinstein) was thirty when Mystery Science Theater 3000 started (roughly the early nineties), it has been twenty years, and they are all in their fifties. I don't like how death takes away not only the people that you love, but it takes away some of your ability to enjoy life and appreciate what's out there because you keep worrying about it dying.

BUT.

I'm going to say it right here, something that needs to be said:

I'm scared. What's happening in Ferguson makes me fearful for my fellow Americans of all colors, fearful of the silence and spin surrounding the situation, and it makes me scared for myself.

While things like the murder of Treyvon Martin, a woman being jailed for "assault with a deadly weapon" firing a warning shot in the air to scare off an abusive partner, the Stubenvile disaster, and other tragedies just got me mad, the Ferguson situation has me scared on top of all of that.

It's not just that yet another unarmed, fleeing person of color was gunned down without mercy- that's horrible enough. But now the entire town is in a psuedo-militarized lock-down. I've heard of cops getting paid leave for horrible actions, and I've heard of cops going down for corruption. But this is the first time I've ever seen an entire police department go into YOLO oppression mode. And that should frighten every single American in this forum.

The entire town is being victimized. People are peacefully protesting (and yes, there are a few opportunistic looters, but FOCUS! Opportunistic thieves aren't the same as the protestors!) and getting shot up with rubber bullets, and gassed with tear gas.

They don't even try to hide it. They've made it a no-fly zone and have gassed anyone in sight: especially the news media. The place might as well be a closed circle- cool for fictional murder mysteries, TERRIFYING SITUATION IN REAL LIFE.

Their weapons include armored vehicles, drones, and loads and loads of tear gas (remember how mad we were when Syria used our tear gas? Well, now we're using our tear gas). Much of it came from the Pentagon. Now, we could debate their intentions, but whatever their intentions were don't matter: the fact that the police (a peace-keeping force) has enough armaments to start a war is quite the oversight. And the police have made their own private war zone.

There's reports of PoC calling in to ask about the situation to just get the brush-off from the police department. They're insulted and hung up on. There's a video of a woman calling in to ask "who they are protecting", maybe hoping to get through to someone? She gets told... well, here lemme just link you to the video and the tweets regarding the hung up on women.:
Women whom were hung up on by the police.

And the video in question.

It's gotten so bad that the people of Gaza are giving advice to Ferguson citizenry.
http://thundersloths.tumblr.com/post/94759364182

Racism (and let's just include sexism, homophobia, transphobia, etc.) are still in existence. They are prevalent in our society. If you don't believe it, look at the news media. Now look at the #IfTheyGunnedMeDown for just your run of the mill victim-blaming by making victims look like they deserved it. No one deserves this sort of treatment. Look at how people constantly have to defend the dead saying "they were good kids" when really the question shouldn't be "why was that kid there" or "how did s/he provoke that reaction", but "how can we end misconduct in the police force"?

And before you say it, I know- not all police are jerks. My cousin is a cop, and frankly? It's a tough job that is highly underpaid. But there's a system that rewards cops with paid vacations after doing horrendous acts instead of punishing them. It makes all cops look bad, when in fact many of them are upstanding citizens that want nothing more than to protect their country.

And here's where it comes full circle. It doesn't matter that I'm a white, Christian male whose invisible privilege allows him to not be harassed by the police (as I can hide my semi-secret want to wear a skirt). I look around my friends, and I see hispanics, muslims, some people in the LGBTQ community, black people, women, atheists, feminists, so what becomes of them if I don't do anything? What happens to anyone when we simply relegate it to "not my problem"? They are the people that are precious in my life- they're the only ones who put up with sad little me. And I guarantee that when you look around your groups of friends, you'll find someone who is also threatened by this.

This is not just an issue of race, this is an issue of active oppression that has been out of hand for a while starting to boil over. Sooner or later, if this problem isn't fixed, white, male, christian privilege won't matter. Back in the long, long ago in the near-fetishized (by usually conservatives) colonial America, you couldn't /just/ be white, you had to be the right /kind/ of white. Heck, that lasted way into the 1900's, with the Irish, Scottish, Russians, and Jewish. And you can STILL see those attitudes today (racism never died, people!), though not quite as virulent as it used to be. And that reality could come up again soon, because believe you me: if racism (or what have you) is successful, it will run out of targets, it will run out of scapegoats. And I sure as hell know I'm not able to fit into neat little categories, and that'd mean my cute little hinder would be out with everyone else. Privilege exists, and it's always granted by those that benefit the most from these systems- and that extended benefit will be shorter and shorter as we allow it to destroy the lives of hundreds of thousands of millions of families.

There needs to be something done about the systemic issues. American C-R users, please lend your voices to help end the hate, end violence, and help enact laws that will keep the streets safe for EVERYONE. Non-Americans, I don't know how you can help, but please tell the story. Get the word out. Please, both Americans and Non-Americans, tell this story as often as possible, keep everyone updated, DO NOT LET THIS FALL TO SHORT ATTENTION SPANS. Even if the town were to revert to a place of safety tomorrow, it won't solve the issues that led up to this, and it can and will happen again. And next time it could be my town. Or someone out there you care about's town. Or your town (if American).

We learn, as gamers, important lessons: love one another, accept each others differences without compromising them, that corruption and evil must be met with good people standing up for what is right. Unless all you play is Tetris, in which case you have good spacial awareness. So please, write to the representatives of congress, to the governors and even our president. Write to your mayors, and CEOs, and to your religious guides/leaders. Even if you're foreign, get the story out, tell your Prime Ministers and presidents- or whatever you may have.

And if you've read this far, good for you. This was a lot to read, I'll admit. Here's some pictures of an adorable shy shark species as a reward, and to maybe help combat a little bit of the horrible real-world terror that occupies the minds of so many.

http://captainamerica-in-middle-earth.t ... et-the-shy

The Real Human Being

Rodney King
'nuff said.
Page 10 of 40 [ 1583 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 40  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices