Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Re: Books!Topic%20Title

seems interesting!

Percei wrote:
Oh zuddy, how wrong you are. :)
not really

Capybara wrote:
I'm into murder mysteries at the moment, and I found loads of Agatha Christie books.

Murder on the Orient Express is the best murder mystery ever.

Agatha Christie is amazing. ^_^ And I do like that one, but I actually prefer And Then There Were None and The ABC Murders. 4.50 To Paddington was pretty good too! I'm really into mysteries ^^*

I also love the Blue is for Nightmares series, by Laurie Faria Stolarz.
Phoenix/Maya Day: Sept. 5th. ♥
Phoenix/Iris Day: September 12th. ♥

Get Funky, +10 Pulchritude

i've been reading "sophie's world" for a summer assignment, and i must say, it's a very good book. i love philosophy.

Robo-Aly

Percei wrote:
Oh zuddy, how wrong you are. :)

The best course of action is to just ignore zuddy. See that post count? Most of those posts are due to zuddy criticizing everyone else :P

seems interesting!

stop thinking shit things are good and i wont have to educate you then

stirring

Zuddy is the best member on CR, so how about instead of ignoring him you use this opportunity to rectify your wrongdoings and take his criticism to heart. You will only be improving yourself.
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy

My name is Judge.

Wh-what!? But, HH! I thought you and Gozu were tied for best member D: EVERYTHING I KNOW IS A LIE.

Anyway, whats wrong with Hitchhikers Guide? I'd tounge-in-cheek nonsense that makes for an entertaining read.

私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです

loobywright wrote:
Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold.

I kind of giggled because I'm partially reading that book atm as well.

And L_J I have Sophies World. But I have yet to read the last chapters. I'm lazy. ;___;
Thank you ILoveMaxGalactica* for the signature~

Robo-Aly

A good book series that I have read (and recommend) is the Watch series (I can't remember if it has a specific name or not).

The books in chronological order are Night Watch, Day Watch, Twilight Watch and Last Watch.

The member who doesn't swear much

Percei wrote:
Wh-what!? But, HH! I thought you and Gozu were tied for best member D: EVERYTHING I KNOW IS A LIE.

Anyway, whats wrong with Hitchhikers Guide? I'd tounge-in-cheek nonsense that makes for an entertaining read.

Exactly what I think about it.

I like it so much because it's so daft, yet isn't TOO daft.
Married to KSAT~. Super Cammy (known as Cammyflage) sprite in avvie by Looby.

I Do LPs. Here's a link to watch them on my channel on YouTube.

GANTALITY!

Blade Satoshi X wrote:
Percei wrote:

Oh dear me, someone dislikes your taste, no need to defend it really, each person have their own taste in things and unless you are insecure enough to allow a faceless Internet fiend(which is what we all are really to most other people) destroy that with a few words then go ahead, feel defensive. Well, that said, 'it sucks' is hardly an argument, do not get too upset right?

I read about 4 pages of Hitchhikers and put it down. I preferred the cheap yet funny TV series.

The Hobbit was nice clean fun for a child on summer holiday without alcohol to wash away the days.

I remember liking Boy: Tales of Childhood and Going Solo - Roald Dahl as a child, a semi-fictious tale from Dahl's childhood and as a young adult.
"So apparently P/I fan + Insecurity + airheadedness + strange kinks + bad grasp of reality + over eagerness = bad user........." D= /D\

SerialVER wrote:
Blade Satoshi X wrote:
Percei wrote:

Oh dear me, someone dislikes your taste, no need to defend it really, each person have their own taste in things and unless you are insecure enough to allow a faceless Internet fiend(which is what we all are really to most other people) destroy that with a few words then go ahead, feel defensive. Well, that said, 'it sucks' is hardly an argument, do not get too upset right?

I read about 4 pages of Hitchhikers and put it down. I preferred the cheap yet funny TV series.

The Hobbit was nice clean fun for a child on summer holiday without alcohol to wash away the days.

I remember liking Boy: Tales of Childhood and Going Solo - Roald Dahl as a child, a semi-fictious tale from Dahl's childhood and as a young adult.

Oh, I don't mind. I respect other's opinions. (They'll just be crucified on the pogo stick with the Godot haters.)

Am I the only person who has never read or seen the Lord of the Rings or anything to do with it?

seems interesting!

Quote:
isn't TOO daft.
i shudder to think of what you would consider "too daft"

no, nothing

zuddy wrote:
nobody needs to read h2g2

because it is bad

idk i liked it when i was 14

~There's Some Sorrow In Every Life~

I'm now reading Troy: Shield of Thunder, which is amazing again :)

Mongol warlords need damn good lawyers

L_J wrote:
i've been reading "sophie's world" for a summer assignment, and i must say, it's a very good book. i love philosophy.

Oh man, SUCH a good book. I still think it is the pinnacle of History of Philosophy writing, although I'm sure I'm going to get crucified if I say that in any of my classes next year :D. Jostein Gaarder's other ones are quite good as well, although they're all equally as weird and wonderful and full of very strange plot devices.

The hands-down best way to experience Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, in my not-so-humble opinion, is to get hold of the radio series- it's how it was originally written, and it's a really entertaining way to get into it- plus, it doesn't use quite so many brain cells, which is always a plus! The books are also good though, obviously.

Also, I don't know how well-represented the British are in this place (or if this is a British "thing"), but is anybody else a Jasper Fforde fan? If not, I highly recommend you pick up a copy of the Eyre Affair and become one, it is all kinds of awesome.

私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです

madamegenghis wrote:
L_J wrote:

Oh man, SUCH a good book. I still think it is the pinnacle of History of Philosophy writing, although I'm sure I'm going to get crucified if I say that in any of my classes next year :D. Jostein Gaarder's other ones are quite good as well, although they're all equally as weird and wonderful and full of very strange plot devices.

I particularly like his book Maya a lot.

yeah so I left.

SaraVera wrote:
madamegenghis wrote:
L_J wrote:

I like The Solitaire Mystery. It's very confusing though, I reread it twice before I got it. Then again, I was twelve at the time. xD

The King in Yellow by Robert W. Chambers
Les Fleurs du Mal by Charles Buadelaire
Le Spleen de Paris by Charles Baudelaire
Wendigo by Algernon Blackwood
The Music of Erich Zann by HP Lovecraft
Leviathan by Thomas Hobbes
A Scanner Darkly by Philip K. Dick

I read those by the last two months. (all in spanish)

Hmm, the last international book I read must be The Great Gatsby, "the greatest american novel of all time". Well. I enjoyed it a lot, and found it very, very well written. For an english novel, hoho ;) Oh, and it's not so long since I went through most of Haruki Murakami's books. Hard-boiled Wonderland and the End of the World plus West of the sun, South of the Border were my favourites of that lot :)

And I've read some short german crim books, Treff mit Trimmel and Die lange, grosse Wut, in order to enhance my understanding of the language. Getting better.

It's all Wright to be wrong sometimes!

I loved Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy! It was ridiculous.

Currently reading House of Night(again) and Night World. Craving more vampire stuff. (I have already read Dracula, so hush.)
Amazing sig and avatar credits go to TheBaronAndEma! Perfect as always!

Back from the dead

I'm reading Watership Down. It's pretty enjoyable.
Sig By Lind_L_Tailor
Don't let your friends tie you to the railway tracks

Arrives in a flurry of giraffe bins

Ooh, books. Books are good. In particular I have three absolute favorites:
-House of Leaves by Mark Danielwski, which is in large part a book about a movie that doesn't exist. Though it would be awesome if said movie did exist. Either way, it's pretty hard to explain seeing as you can't get text to go upside-down and all that good stuff on this forum.
-Only Revolutions, also by Mark Danielwski, which is even harder to explain so I won't even try.
-and God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy, which is just... awesome. Amazingly, no supernatural events or anything happen, but there are still definitely interesting things that happen.

The Kiesha'ra, a series by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes, is really good. Based on shapeshifters.
Also, the Avatars series by Tui T. Sutherland, which probobly none of you have heard of, is one of my favorites.

I also have the unique condition of having read teh Twilight sereis and neither hating it nor loving it.

i've finished "to kill a mockingbird" by harper lee for school. it's very good, i loved the trial and atticus, being a fan of pw and such.

Sig made by Vicki, Avi made by PA :D

Turnabout Clerk wrote:
I'm reading Watership Down. It's pretty enjoyable.

Ah, one of my favorites. I love anthropomorphic novels in general actually. In addition to Watership Down, some of my other favorite books are:

The Redwall series by Brian Jaques (the first 13 or so books though, I lost interest afterwards)
The Sight by David Clements-Davies (wolf fantasy ftw)
His Dark Materials trilogy by Phillip Pullman
The Neverending Story by Michael Ende (I adore the movie, but the book was SO much better)
Most of Jane Austen's work
In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
Roots by Alex Haley (absolutely brilliant, I cried a few time while reading it)
1984 and Animal Farm by George Orwell
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

There are more, but that's all I can think of at the moment. In terms of what I'm reading now, I'm currently going through an abnormal psychology casebook. I'm reading about people with Depressive disorders, Post-Traumatic stress, male erectile disorders, etc. Interesting stuff, though some of the cases can get quite gruesome...

That's badass dude, though male erectile disorders sounds kinda fucked up.

I'm reading some shit about occultism, used to be my dad's stuff.

Le Duckmeister

I just finished reading Truman Capote's "In Cold Blood" for a school assignment. It's a really dull read until you get about halfway through; at that point it really sucks you in. If I had to pick one thing to complain about, though, it's that Capote over-explains everything. He just can't let something lie without describing the damn thing to death. Also, in the earliest chapters, he does this really annoying foreshadowing thing by tacking ominous sounding phrases to the end of mundane tasks. "Mister Clutter tipped his hat... BUT HE WOULD NEVER TO THAT AGAIN, NOW WOULD HE?!" and so on and so forth.

My favorite book of all time would have to be "The World According to Garp" by John Irving. I don't know what it is about John Irving, but I seem to like all of his books. I think one thing that draws me to them is the fact that he doesn't write particularly eloquently; he decides to tell you a story, and tell it he does, usually from birth to death. "The World According to Garp" was the first book of Irving's that I ever read, and I still hold it in higher regard than all of his others (though "A Prayer for Owen Meany" is a close second). "Garp" has an extremely heavy emphasis on the topic of lust. If you pay attention, you'll notice that almost everything that happens in this book is driven by lust, or some subconcious lustful desire or connection. Other than covering a rather deep subject matter, "Garp" can be genuinely moving at times, and you grow attached to the weird assortment of characters, including (but not limited to) a football-player turned transvestite, a group of tongueless women, a man who his his genetalia severed in a car wreck, and Garp's steadfastly anti-sexual female activist mother.

I'd give both of them a read if you feel like you're up to it. ICB is made interesting by the fact that it's entirely non-fiction but is written in a fiction style, while TWATG is really just a good book.

This has been Ducky's Two Cents.

SMASHING DAY FOR A BARBEQUE.

I just finished readin' a book called 'tales of terror from the black ship'. It is just short, gory stories with a little bit of the main story inbetween, with a sweet twist at the end.
One of them, which is about immigrants coming to america, features a young man falling in love with a 19 year old redhead with a pink frock, and large, doe-like eyes. (Sounds familiar...?) Who turns out to be a vampire, who has basically made people lifeless as she has bitten them all, saving the young man till last.
There is also one about killer snails. (THEY WILL EAT YOUR FLESH.) It is a verry creeepy story.

A while ago (early '09, about May), I had to write an essay about a book of my choice, so a friend of mine recommended Animal Farm, as it has an obvious deeper meaning.

Second fave book of all time.

I have NEVER read or atched any Lord of the Rings things, so I decided to take the first book out of the library. Slow starts bore me. >_>

Anyone got any good fiction books they'd like to recommend?

After Dark by Haruki Murakami is very good, I'm reading it now. I also just finished The Ladies of Grace Adieu and Other Stories by Susanna Clarke which was fantastic!

Let There Be Light

Currently reading:

- Collected Short Stories by Roald Dahl. Not a kiddie book; they're short stories, often with a twist at the end.
- The Judas Strain by James Rollins.

Blade Satoshi X: If you liked Animal Farm, then you should probably read 1984 by the same author.

Z.324 wrote:
Currently reading:

- Collected Short Stories by Roald Dahl. Not a kiddie book; they're short stories, often with a twist at the end.
- The Judas Strain by James Rollins.

Blade Satoshi X: If you liked Animal Farm, then you should probably read 1984 by the same author.

Ah yes, I did a while ago. I liked it, but Animal Farm was better.

:)

Capybara wrote:
I'm into murder mysteries at the moment, and I found loads of Agatha Christie books.

Murder on the Orient Express is the best murder mystery ever.

I just handed that in to the library yesterday. That was a good read. Have you read Hercule Poirot's Chistmas? I've finished the Secret Garden, I'm re-reading Suagr Rush and I love City Of Thieves by Davis Benioff. Anyone read The Host? I think that's much better than Twilight. Yesterday I brought Pool side which as some stories and it's waterproof, lol I want to read that. I brough The Magic Flute by Alan Spence too. And I'm on chapter four of Ibiza Summer.

私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです

Blade Satoshi X wrote:
A while ago (early '09, about May), I had to write an essay about a book of my choice, so a friend of mine recommended Animal Farm, as it has an obvious deeper meaning.

Second fave book of all time.

I have NEVER read or atched any Lord of the Rings things, so I decided to take the first book out of the library. Slow starts bore me. >_>

Anyone got any good fiction books they'd like to recommend?

I really liked Animal Farm as well. I suggest Lord of the Flies if you haven't read it yet.

I liked How To Kill A Mockingbird, a shame I didn't get to finish it cause I had to give it back to the library.
Reading Fullmetal Alchemist volume 20 now. Skimmed through Tge Magic Flute and it looks okay, I'll read it properly later.

yeah so I left.

Just finished rereading The Wind Singer, by William Nicholson, the first in the Wind on Fire trilogy. I remember rushing through it a few years ago, and now I'm taking my time, by reading it in 2 days it's a really good story.

GO READ IT OR I'LL SHOOT YOU

Lives in a box mansion

Almost done with Oliver Twist. Thing is, the scenery changes very quickly and, while I'm used to things like that in literature, it's kind of distracting at times.

Just finished After Dark by Haruki Murakami last night, it was so so epic, I haven't read a book that's made me not put it down in ages.

RazeTora wrote:
Almost done with Oliver Twist. Thing is, the scenery changes very quickly and, while I'm used to things like that in literature, it's kind of distracting at times.

I like Oliver Twist. I remember reading the book ages ago and the musical was brilliant. I might consider re-reading it at some point. My mum bought me this book which has a really cute cover to it and I think it's gonna be a fun book. It's called Schoolgirl Milky Crisis. I'm gonna read it after I've finished Sugar Rush - I'm halfway through that.

Who hear likes Larsson?
And I feel naughty so I'm going to read my Gay erotica anthology.

yesssssss i got the complete sherlock holmes set! i am happy :keiko:
Page 2 of 11 [ 435 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices