Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 19 of 24[ 924 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next

Re: Riddles, puzzles and other general tricksTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Are you comatose?

Would be interesting to see someone truthfully answer yes to that.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Captain Ascot and the Survey Corps!

Romeo wrote:
Oh, I thought you were suposed to say 'slash' at the '/' symbol. But now I say it as half It makes sense. Thats pretty cool.

Heres another one:

What question can you never awnser 'yes' to, even if it was the correct answer to the question, or if you wanted to say it?

Are you lying?
Oh wait, think it's more like "The following statement is the truth. The previosu statement was a lie." I can';t think of how to word that as a question though.

In my world, the color red doesn't exist

Essa_L_M.E wrote:
CoffeeReaper wrote:
Romeo wrote:
I dont get the numbers thing exactly. what's it supossed to say? Something like, 'I want to'

I one two half six. --> I want to have sex.

C-CoffeeReaper! Lol jokes jokes, yup thats what your ment to say.

What was I meant to say? I was just proclaiming how much I wanted to have sex.

heheh

Godot. A legend or myth... Men pin a lifetime of hopes on the chance to simply meet him. Some people spend their entire lives idly waiting for his appearence.

Till the landslide brought me down...

Icarus wrote:
SnowWright wrote:
Romeo wrote:
What question can you never awnser 'yes' to, even if it was the correct answer to the question, or if you wanted to say it?

Are you sleeping?

Yes, I'm sleeping.

I may have lied, but I still answered yes to the question. (I think the correct riddle is supposed to be, "What question can you never truthfully answer 'yes' to?")

Are you dead?
• °♦ ♥ ♦° .*•. ♫~.•* • °♦ ♥ ♦° .*•. ♫~.•*• °♦ ♥ ♦°

SMASHING DAY FOR A BARBEQUE.

well I guess Icarus is right about my sleeping one

Comatose and dead would work better.

Breaking hiatus.

-junk post-

:)

I'm a woman.. If Tyras daughter is my daughter's mother what is my relation to Tyra?

You're Tyra's daughter, of course.

My childhood right here

Romeo wrote:
((I guess this is allowed.))

Just like the joke thread, this is a place to post your puzzles. I have a challenge for you all.

You know Palindromes? Where it's a word or sentence that is the same backwards as it is forwards, examples:

Lisa Basil
Racecar
Nun

My challenge to you, is, make a longer palindrome than this one:

Flee to me, remote elf.

Can you do it?

Go hang a salami, Im a lasagna hog

My childhood right here

How can Jon be behind Sarah, but Sarah behind Jon at the same time?

They're back to back. Preferably, they're back to back badasses and there are explosions everywhere and it's a testosterone fuelled action film. But anyway, they're back to back.

My childhood right here

Hylian100 wrote:
They're back to back. Preferably, they're back to back badasses and there are explosions everywhere and it's a testosterone fuelled action film. But anyway, they're back to back.

Actually, that's the greatest answer in the history of the universe. You win an Internet

Till the landslide brought me down...

Why was an unburnt scuba diver found dead in the middle of a forest after it had been burnt?
• °♦ ♥ ♦° .*•. ♫~.•* • °♦ ♥ ♦° .*•. ♫~.•*• °♦ ♥ ♦°

I can see you, from here!

SnowWright wrote:
Why was an unburnt scuba diver found dead in the middle of a forest after it had been burnt?

OH! I know this one! People took water from the ocean to fight the forest fire, the scuba diver got sucked into whatever they were collecting water with, right?

My childhood right here

SnowWright wrote:

He was hit with a fridge! :will:

Consider this puzzle solved.

I hate lateral thinking puzzles. The answers never make any sense, and there are always other answers that work just as well. For example, see if you can guess the "correct" answers to the following puzzles:

1. A man hears something on the radio that makes him kill himself.
2. A man lies dead in his room. Under the bed are several small discs of wood.
3. A man receives a package, opens it, looks at its contents, and sends it to another man. The second man opens it, looks at its contents, and buries it.
4. A man is dead in a phone booth.
5. A bell tolls. A man dies. A bell tolls.
6. A man wakes up at night and turns off the light. In the morning he looks out the window and kills himself.
7. A man lies dead on the sidewalk.
8. There is a pool full of alligators. A man standing on one side crosses the pool without being harmed. How does he do it?

(I got these off some website, by the way, and the answers are all ridiculous)
Say, that reminds me of a puzzle! Have you ever heard this one, Luke?

1000% Knight

1. The man heard that a meteor was going to hit the earth and kill everything in a fiery death, so he decided to kill himself quickly and painlessly instead
2. The man kept board games (such as a checkers set with wooden pieces) under his bed and suffocated in his sleep
3. In the package was a note saying, "To Mr. X: Send this package to Mr. Y; to Mr. Y: Bury this package"
4. The man was in the phone booth when a random guy came up and shot him
5. It was 1 o'clock, so the bell chimed to signal it was the hour. A guy died for whatever reason. Then the bell chimed at 2 o'clock.
6. He saw a meteor was going towards the earth and was going to kill everything in a fiery death when he looked out the window, so he decided to kill himself quickly and painlessly instead
7. The guy was walking along the street when some random guy came up and shot him
8. The alligators were dead
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

WHEN YOU READ THIS DOES THE VOICE IN YOUR HEAD SAY IT LOUDLY? CAN YOU MAKE IT SAY THIS SILENTLY?
Nothing.

My childhood right here

antonis wrote:
WHEN YOU READ THIS DOES THE VOICE IN YOUR HEAD SAY IT LOUDLY? CAN YOU MAKE IT SAY THIS SILENTLY?

I can not think it only silently, but also in Portugese!

The Real Human Being

antonis wrote:

Actually, the voices in my head are always singing, my thought process revolves around repetition and melody.
I always keep the beat baby, and I just can't stop!
Do-wop do-wop
Just sing it soft, and I'll take it slow!
whoa, whoa, whoa.

My childhood right here

DoMaya wrote:
antonis wrote:

Actually, the voices in my head are always singing, my thought process revolves around repetition and melody.
I always keep the beat baby, and I just can't stop!
Do-wop do-wop
Just sing it soft, and I'll take it slow!
whoa, whoa, whoa.

You rock

Bad Player wrote:
1. The man heard that a meteor was going to hit the earth and kill everything in a fiery death, so he decided to kill himself quickly and painlessly instead
2. The man kept board games (such as a checkers set with wooden pieces) under his bed and suffocated in his sleep
3. In the package was a note saying, "To Mr. X: Send this package to Mr. Y; to Mr. Y: Bury this package"
4. The man was in the phone booth when a random guy came up and shot him
5. It was 1 o'clock, so the bell chimed to signal it was the hour. A guy died for whatever reason. Then the bell chimed at 2 o'clock.
6. He saw a meteor was going towards the earth and was going to kill everything in a fiery death when he looked out the window, so he decided to kill himself quickly and painlessly instead
7. The guy was walking along the street when some random guy came up and shot him
8. The alligators were dead

NOPE!
Spoiler: Answers
1. "The man was a radio DJ who had gotten himself in trouble with the Mob (or any threatening group). He had put on an old recording of his show so his pursuers would think he was at work, and was attempting to skip town while the ringer show was broadcasting. However, he was listening to the show in his car, and heard the record start to skip (reel-to-reel go wobbly, CD do whatever it is CDs do when they mess up... pick one), and he knew his antagonists would catch on and come looking for him. He killed himself preemptively."
2. "The man was a blind midget, and was part of a sideshow act, billed as "The World's Shortest Man." The other midget travelling with the sideshow was seized with professional jealousy because this man was shorter than he. He contrived to saw small pieces, one every week or so, from the bottom of the blind man's cane. The World's Shortest Man noticed that his cane felt too short, and became convinced he was growing. He killed himself rather than lose his job, or possibly out of shame."
3. "The man was also in the Navy, probably with the guy from Albatross Soup. He was also shipwrecked, and spent several weeks in a lifeboat with two shipmates, one of whom was a doctor. After their food ran out, and they were desperate, they decided to have the doctor amputate their arms so they could have something to eat... but of course, he couldn't amputate his own arm, and they weren't so keen on letting him get away scott free. They came to an agreement: They would remove and eat one arm from each person besides the doctor, as long as he agreed to have his own arm removed when they were rescued. It was the doctor's arm in the package; he sent it to both of the others so they could verify that he held up his end of the deal. (A variant of this puzzle has one shipmate running into the doctor in a subway, then shooting him because he notices him holding the pole with his supposedly-amputated arm... the doctor had paid off a drifter to let him remove his arm, and sent that arm to the others.)"
4. "The man has been fishing and caught a huge fish. He took fish, pole and gear into the phone booth to call a friend about his success. While he was saying "I caught a fish THIS BIG!" and doing the accompanying gesture, he put his hands through the sides of the phone booth and cut his wrists on the broken glass."
5. "The man is blind, and is swimming in the harbor. When it's time for him to come in, his wife is supposed to ring a bell to let him know which way to swim to get to shore. However, a buoy bell tolls first, and the man, thinking it was his wife's signal, swims out towards the buoy. He becomes exhausted and drowns."
6. "The man is a lighthouse keeper, and the light he turned off was the one on top of the lighthouse. In the morning he sees that an ocean liner has crashed into the rocks, killing everyone aboard. He kills himself out of guilt."
7. "He is homeless, and has been eating from a dumpster outside a Japanese restaurant. Unfortunately, what he found were the rejected parts of a fugu, and he died of the poison."
8. "The pool is a planet, and the man is a room outside." (I don't get it either)

My childhood right here

What has two legs in the morning, and four at night?

The master of Judging 64

Steel Turnabout wrote:

Is this something different then the 4 in the morning, 2 in the evening, and 3 at night one?

My childhood right here

Judgemaster64 wrote:
Steel Turnabout wrote:

Is this something different then the 4 in the morning, 2 in the evening, and 3 at night one?

Yes.
Spoiler: teh answor!!1!
a hooker!

"I'm End Quote." end quote.

Mmm, about the ton of feathers/ton of brick riddle thing...doesn't either one of them weight more because of buoyancy...
I figured something out at school about it, but I can't remember what it was. It had to do with the difference between mass and weight too...
Aaargh musn't think about it it's summer holiday dammit!!! ...

Anyway, I don't know any riddles aside from the lame ones....
:keiko: WARNING: SIG CONTAINS LAME JOKE
ImageImage

1000% Knight

A ton of feathers and a ton of bricks would have the same mass/weight, but different densities (and hence different buoyancies)

The difference between mass and weight is that mass is the amount of matter, and is constant, while weight is the amount of force exerted on an object by a gravitational field. In everyday usage, the two are basically interchangeable, though.

My childhood right here

I hate the "What weighs more: a ton of gold or a ton of feathers?" They're equal. "Hahaha you're wrong. Gold is weighed differently than anything else. Its measured in X. So the feathers weigh more hahaha!"
They weigh the same because you chose to measure weight in a specific measurement. Which is tons. They weigh 2,000 pounds. No more, no less, bitch.

"I'm End Quote." end quote.

Bad Player wrote:
A ton of feathers and a ton of bricks would have the same mass/weight, but different densities (and hence different buoyancies)

The difference between mass and weight is that mass is the amount of matter, and is constant, while weight is the amount of force exerted on an object by a gravitational field. In everyday usage, the two are basically interchangeable, though.

But still, if someone is trying to be a smartass with such a riddle, they have to be right in what they say...
:keiko: WARNING: SIG CONTAINS LAME JOKE
ImageImage

1000% Knight

Be a real jerk: ask "Which weighs more? A kilogram of gold or a kilogram of feathers?" When they say they weigh equally, say the feathers weigh more because they're on Jupiter.

Audere est facere.

Bad Player wrote:
Be a real jerk: ask "Which weighs more? A kilogram of gold or a kilogram of feathers?" When they say they weigh equally, say the feathers weigh more because they're on Jupiter.

Actually, if you said pounds instead of kilograms, then feathers would weigh heavier even on Earth because gold and other precious metals are weighed in troy pounds, which are lighter than the more commonly used avoirdupois pounds.
I've been away for far too long.
So long, in fact, that all of my signatures now exist behind a paywall.
Bummer.

1000% Knight

angel_of_nature wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

Actually, if you said pounds instead of kilograms, then feathers would weigh heavier even on Earth because gold and other precious metals are weighed in troy pounds, which are lighter than the more commonly used avoirdupois pounds.

...I've never heard of troy and avoirdupois pounds... but looking it up, it seems you got the two confused, with troy pounds being slightly heavier... but that just means you say the pound of gold is heavier instead of saying the pound of feathers is heavier xD

My childhood right here

Bad Player wrote:
angel_of_nature wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

...I've never heard of troy and avoirdupois pounds... but looking it up, it seems you got the two confused, with troy pounds being slightly heavier... but that just means you say the pound of gold is heavier instead of saying the pound of feathers is heavier xD

Either way, it's still a dick move

1000% Knight

But that's the point :D

My childhood right here

KrazyKaro wrote:
Spoiler: Answer to the last lot number two
A Tissue, You drop it off a building it wont break, stick it in water then wham it breaks.

Hydrophobic Sand is the correct answer

[/failure]

I'm sure we've all heard the "you are an archeologist, you know there are two tribes on an island, one never lies, one never tells the truth, split in the path, one question, flaming chicken, etc." BUT WHAT IF...

You are an archeologist. You know that there are THREE tribes on the island you are exploring. One tells nothing but truth, one tells nothing but lies, and ONE TELLS BOTH. You come to a TRIDENT in the road. A representative from each tribe is waiting at their respective paths. You go up to them and ask them either the same question either ONCE or TWICE, and this tells you where the truth-teller's village is.

What is the question?
[rant]

[/rant]

16BitsQuaRed wrote:
I'm sure we've all heard the "you are an archeologist, you know there are two tribes on an island, one never lies, one never tells the truth, split in the path, one question, flaming chicken, etc." BUT WHAT IF...

You are an archeologist. You know that there are THREE tribes on the island you are exploring. One tells nothing but truth, one tells nothing but lies, and ONE TELLS BOTH. You come to a TRIDENT in the road. A representative from each tribe is waiting at their respective paths. You go up to them and ask them either the same question either ONCE or TWICE, and this tells you where the truth-teller's village is.

What is the question?

Does the tribe that tells both follow a pattern of true-false-true-false-etc.? If so:
Ask each tribe "Are you the village that tells both the truth and lies?" twice. Truth-telling tribe will say no twice. Lying tribe will say yes twice. Tribe that tells both will say yes and no.

[/failure]

^ No, it's random (or pseudo-random).

1000% Knight

Is there a way to know if the truth/lie is going to lie or tell the truth, if it's just pseudo-random?

[/failure]

Bad Player wrote:
Is there a way to know if the truth/lie is going to lie or tell the truth, if it's just pseudo-random?

Unless you're a psychology major who's spent 3 months with the guy, no.
[rant]

[/rant]
Page 19 of 24 [ 924 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices