Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 6 of 24[ 924 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 24  Next

Re: Riddles, puzzles and other general tricksTopic%20Title

:)

Some what am I riddles.~

1)I may be blind, heartless and ageless, but I'll comfort you whenever you wish.
2) I have teeth, but I don't bite.
3) I have no legs to dance, no lungs to breathe, and I have no life to live or die; yet I do all three.

1000% Knight

2) A key! :D
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Breaking hiatus.

Chloebabes wrote:
1)I may be blind, heartless and ageless, but I'll comfort you whenever you wish.

Spoiler:
:udgy: an AA meeting?

LordWolfODonnell wrote:
Spoiler:
:udgy: an AA meeting?

Nope.

Bad Player wrote:
2) A key! :D

That's a good one, but I was thinking of something else.

Chloebabes wrote:
3) I have no legs to dance, no lungs to breathe, and I have no life to live or die; yet I do all three

2) A Hair brush or a comb?
3) Fire?

I think i've heard these ones from a friend before but i forgot xD
Made by me :D

SMASHING DAY FOR A BARBEQUE.

Chloebabes wrote:
Some what am I riddles.~

3) I have no legs to dance, no lungs to breathe, and I have no life to live or die; yet I do all three.

1) A TV
2) Flase teeth or dentures
3) ??? No idea

Moo.

Chloebabes wrote:

This is one I've heard countless times but never remember.
Moo.

GCMiekoV got 2 and 3.

1 is not a TV.

"Push me, I can show you everything."

What the Devil is going on here?

Pretty Simple one..

What is the Significance of these letters?

W I T S O T L
~

Gettin' Old!

Essa_L_M.E wrote:
Pretty Simple one..

W I T S O T L

It's LOW TITS in an anagram?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The cape is self-fluttering

Essa_L_M.E wrote:
Pretty Simple one..

W I T S O T L

The first letter of each word in "What is the significance of these letters."
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Moo.

Adrian in black wrote:
Essa_L_M.E wrote:
Pretty Simple one..

W I T S O T L

The first letter of each word in "What is the significance of these letters."

*Facepalm* I wish I got that.
Moo.

Captain Ascot and the Survey Corps!

Chloebabes wrote:

A teddy bear?

Hylian100 wrote:
A teddy bear?

Yes. :D

The master of Judging 64

Teddy bears do have hearts. If you got them at the build a bear workshop.

1000% Knight

EDIT: Please ignore for a little bit ^^' (I remembered something wrong, need some time to get the puzzle again to fix it.)
Karen and Fred got married, and they invited Rose and Pete over. However, someone murdered someone else! Find the victim and murderer.

(1) Karen has regularly played tennis with someone.
(2) The victim asked the hostess about the murderer.
(3) Rose had been released from the hospitable the day before, and had been there two days.
(4) Karen and Rose had met 6 days before.
(5) Fred has met Pete's mother once.
(6) Two days beforehand the victim had eaten at a diner with the person Karen regularly plays tennis with.
(7) Pete drove Fred to the house.
(8) Fred will not tell his sibling's guilt.

(Critical thinking is the key to success! These clues seem random and pointless, but they can be used to find the answer! ...I just hope I remembered all the clues correctly ^^' Even if I haven't, I still ran through it with this clues and it's all good.)

Last edited by Bad Player on Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Apply directly to the forehead

Location: New Mexico (If you can find any more empty space, your in Paris Hilton's brain)

Bad Player wrote:
Karen and Fred got married, and they invited Rose and Pete over. However, someone murdered someone else! Find the victim and murderer.

(2) The victim asked the hostess about the murderer.
(3) Rose had been released from the hospitable the day before, and had been there two days.
(6) Two days beforehand the victim had eaten at a diner with the person Karen regularly plays tennis with.
(7) Pete drove Fred to the house.

(Critical thinking is the key to success! These clues seem random and pointless, but they can be used to find the answer! ...I just hope I remembered all the clues correctly ^^' Even if I haven't, I still ran through it with this clues and it's all good.)

Karen is the victim and Rose is the murderer. If Fred had met Pete's mother only once than Pete can not be Fred's sibling because if he was Pete's mother would be Fred's mother. Fred also could not marry his sister so that leaves the only possibility for the sibling to be Rose, who is guilty. If Pete drove Ted to the house than Pete and Ted have an alibi and if Karen is not Ted's sister than Rose is the only person who could have killed Karren.

1000% Knight

Rose is guilty, but your logic is faulty for the victim. (I'm not commenting on whether Karen is the correct answer.) The murder happened after everyone arrived, so Fred and Pete driving together doesn't give them an alibi.

The murderer is easy, since you only need (5) and (8) to get it. Make sure to use everything to find the victim!

EDIT: Argh, found a logical fallacy in the solution I came up with. I'll fix it once I get a chance to look at it again...

[Words]

Karen had an affair with Pete. Rose had gone to watch Pete play tennis 6 days before the murder, and she noticed that something seemed to be going on between the 2 partners. 2 Days ago Karen had dinner with Pete, which seemed fine to her husband since Pete was her tennis partner as a cover for them to get intimate, and Fred would never suspect his brother-in-law was up to trouble with his wife. Rose had tried to poison Karen's food at the dinner, which was happening at her house, since she was suspicious of Karen. Karen was rushed to the hospital, but survived since she didn't ingest a fatal amount of poisoning and was let out 2 days later. Rose showed up at the house early, but Pete's car broke down at work, so Fred went out to get him, and in his kindess Pete offered to drive back to the house. After dinner, Rose confronted Karen in the kitchen, and when Karen admitted to having an affair with Pete, Rose slit her throat with a butcher knife. Fred walked into the kitchen and found Rose over Karen's body, but Rose told him that she did it for him, since she knew that Karen was cheating on Fred, and she makes Fred promise not to tell the cops.

And that's what happened!
Well, probably not.

1000% Knight

justis76 wrote:
Karen had an affair with Pete. Rose had gone to watch Pete play tennis 6 days before the murder, and she noticed that something seemed to be going on between the 2 partners. 2 Days ago Karen had dinner with Pete, which seemed fine to her husband since Pete was her tennis partner as a cover for them to get intimate, and Fred would never suspect his brother-in-law was up to trouble with his wife. Rose had tried to poison Karen's food at the dinner, which was happening at her house, since she was suspicious of Karen. Karen was rushed to the hospital, but survived since she didn't ingest a fatal amount of poisoning and was let out 2 days later. Rose showed up at the house early, but Pete's car broke down at work, so Fred went out to get him, and in his kindess Pete offered to drive back to the house. After dinner, Rose confronted Karen in the kitchen, and when Karen admitted to having an affair with Pete, Rose slit her throat with a butcher knife. Fred walked into the kitchen and found Rose over Karen's body, but Rose told him that she did it for him, since she knew that Karen was cheating on Fred, and she makes Fred promise not to tell the cops.

And that's what happened!
Well, probably not.

...That isn't what happened, but you get a cookie for crafting such a great story. :cookie:

[Words]

Yay! *eats cookie*

Breaking hiatus.

Here's a classic; The missing dollar puzzle

Three ladies go to a restaurant for a meal. They receive a bill for $30. They each put $10 on the table, which the waiter collects and takes to the till. The cashier informs the waiter that the bill should only have been for $25 and returns $5 to the waiter in $1 coins. On the way back to the table the waiter realizes that he cannot divide the coins equally between the ladies. As they didn’t know the total of the revised bill, he decides to put $2 in his own pocket and give each of the ladies $1.

Now that each lady has been given a dollar back, each of the ladies has paid $9. Three times 9 is 27. The waiter has $2 in his pocket. Two plus 27 is $29. The ladies originally handed over $30. Where is the missing dollar?

I’ve seen lots of longwinded explanations for this puzzle, but can anyone post concisely what happened to the missing dollar?

Get Funky, +10 Pulchritude

LordWolfODonnell wrote:
Here's a classic; The missing dollar puzzle

Three ladies go to a restaurant for a meal. They receive a bill for $30. They each put $10 on the table, which the waiter collects and takes to the till. The cashier informs the waiter that the bill should only have been for $25 and returns $5 to the waiter in $1 coins. On the way back to the table the waiter realizes that he cannot divide the coins equally between the ladies. As they didn’t know the total of the revised bill, he decides to put $2 in his own pocket and give each of the ladies $1.

Now that each lady has been given a dollar back, each of the ladies has paid $9. Three times 9 is 27. The waiter has $2 in his pocket. Two plus 27 is $29. The ladies originally handed over $30. Where is the missing dollar?

I’ve seen lots of longwinded explanations for this puzzle, but can anyone post concisely what happened to the missing dollar?

there is no missing dollar. the ladies paid 27. the waiter has 2, the cashier has 25. you don't add the waiter's money and the ladies' money to get the amount they handed over originally because the the waiter's money is part of the money the ladies paid. the other three missing dollars of the original 30 are with the ladies.

Breaking hiatus.

L_J wrote:
there is no missing dollar. the ladies paid 27. the waiter has 2, the cashier has 25. you don't add the waiter's money and the ladies' money to get the amount they handed over originally because the the waiter's money is part of the money the ladies paid. the other three missing dollars of the original 30 are with the ladies.

But if you agree that the ladies payed 27, with the cashier keeping 2, then that is still $29 or if the ladies payed 27, and you say that the 3 dollars are still in the original 30 payed dollars, and the $2 that was kept, then we would have $32 which is too much.

Stating, this is not correct. The solution is a little simpler than that.

Get Funky, +10 Pulchritude

no. the ladies payed 27. that's split into 2 for the waiter and 25 for the cashier.

the 27$ and 2$ are both part of the ladies' money, so you cannot add them up. there is still 27 payed

damn i keep forgetting the paid payed rule >.>

Gettin' Old!

I still don't get it....

Seems like there's nothing missing.

They give him 3 10's to start making 30.
Revised bill was $25 so his boss takes that money and gives him 5 individual dollars back.
He pockets $2 (which he should 100% be fired for)
He has three left and gives them 1 dollar each.....presumably lying about the actual total of the revised bill.

It add's up perfectly what's the problem? Apart from incompetent waiters who steal from the clientele.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

[Words]

Did they really pay $9 each? I dunno...

1000% Knight

(2*) The hostess is asked about the murderer.
(7*) Pete drove Fred, who's leg has been in a cast for a few weeks, to the house.

This should be enough... I think. The ones marked with * have been changed.

Also, extra kudos for justis for also figuring out that the murder weapon was a knife.

[Words]

Heh, cool!
Ok, so we know that Fred can't be the tennis partner, since his leg is in a cast. And since Karen is hosting the party (right?) somebody else asked about Rose. Let's see...What if Rose had been had been Karen's partner, and Fred was worried because Rose had some secret, which he told Karen, making her break up the partnership? And since Rose had loved being Karen's partner, she took her revenge on Fred by stabbing him in the kitchen? It would certainly explain why Fred won't admit Rose's guilt. I don't think there's enough info. The motive isn't really clear.

Gettin' Old!

Rose couldn't be Karen's partner, they only met 6 days beforehand yet Karen plays 'regularly' so couldn't be her.

Spoiler:
Rose Murderer, Pete dead seemples

Made by Chesu+Zombee

[Words]

Oops, I missed that one. Well if Fred was in a cast and Rose just met her, it had to be Peter as the partner.

Gettin' Old!

....Actually the thing that baffles me is 6.

Assuming Peter is the Tennis Partner he was at the diner with the victim two days before the party.
At this time Rose is in hospital so she can't be the victim.

And Fred and Karen (the hostess) are confirmed to be alive after the murder.

Your riddle still doesn't work there is no one who is able to fill the victim's shoes in the diner.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

[Words]

Pierre wrote:
....Actually the thing that baffles me is 6.

Assuming Peter is the Tennis Partner he was at the diner with the victim two days before the party.
At this time Rose is in hospital so she can't be the victim.

And Fred and Karen (the hostess) are confirmed to be alive after the murder.

Your riddle still doesn't work there is no one who is able to fill the victim's shoes in the diner.

What are you talking about?

Gettin' Old!

Fred knows who it is but doesn't want to condemn his sibling according to number 8.

The Hostess was Karen and the Police asked her about the murderer in number 2

Both events could only happen after the murder.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

[Words]

Fred might be dead. All it says is he won't tell his sibling's guilt, he's probably dead, thus he can't talk.

Gettin' Old!

justis76 wrote:
Fred might be dead. All it says is he won't tell his sibling's guilt, he's probably dead, thus he can't talk.

Nah it says he won't not he can't implying someone has asked him already and he's capable of it. However you do put an interesting spin on it but that would mean the victim could be identified with just line 8 which seems too simple for me.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

1000% Knight

Sorry Blondie, but Fred is dead :P 8 is used to find the murderer. And although the reason Fred won't tell his sibling's guilt is because he's dead, you can't assume that that's the reason just from line 8. The word "won't" says nothing about whether he's capable of and chooses not to, or does not have the ability to. (At least in this context.)

Clearly explained solution:
Murderer: Fred's sibling is the murderer(8). Therefore Fred is not the murderer. Fred married Karen, so Karen is not Fred's sibling, and thus is not the murderer. Pete has met Fred's mother once(5) so they are not siblings, so Pete is innocent. By process of elimination, Rose is the murderer.
Victim: Karen played tennis with someone regularly(1). This person is not Rose, since they first met a little before the murder(4), or Fred, since his leg has been in a cast(7), meaning this person is Pete. The victim had lunch with Pete(6), so Pete is not the victim. Rose was in the hospitable at that time(3), so she is not the victim. Because Karen is asked about the murderer(2), which occurs after the murder, she is still alive. By process of elimination, Fred is the victim.

This totally needs to be an extra logic-only AAI case xD
(The murderer is Rose since Pete played tennis with Karen! It's the only thing that logically makes sense!)

Gettin' Old!

Congratulations Justis :garyuu:
That was exactly what was needed.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

1000% Knight

A snail is stuck in a hole 30 feet deep. Each day is climbs up the wall, and each night is sleeps. It can climb up 3 feet each day, and each night is slides down 2 feet. How many days does it take the snail to climb out of the whole?

I also like math. I should ask some problems! :D
If p is between 0 and 1, find the sum of the infinite series: p, 2p(1-p), 3p(1-p)^2, 4p(1-p)^3...
(You might recognize this, depending on the math classes you took. And don't just give the answer! We need work, too :D Heck, the whole point of the question is the work, not the answer. I could just post it now and it wouldn't really change stuff :P)

[Words]

#1: 27 days.
Page 6 of 24 [ 924 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 24  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices