Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 3 of 23[ 913 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next

Re: Let's Talk About The New School YearTopic%20Title

Ahh...Coffee...

Wow, that girl's like Maya and burgers.

Let's see... About a week before school starts for me..Aw.
Electroboy wrote:
Oh yeah, my school's awesome 'cause we're only in for like 3 and a half hours EVERY Wednesday.

That's me with Friday...Until now, now that I'm going to high school. =(
Click my sig to see my YouTube channel! AA music is found here!
CarChaseCityMan and Arkillian's son, Franzika Von ehmpke5 ,Lida_Rose and angel_of_nature's brother.
"If you don't have any shadows, then you're not standing in the light."

"I'm End Quote." end quote.

Graahh

I just remeber at least 4 of our 15 student science class will go to another school...

No big deal, if that wouldn't mean we Now face the terrible future of a possible mix class between science...and SPORTS

Fuck no, not those idiots in my class IT WON'T HAPPEN I WON' LET IT HAPPEN RESISTANCE DAMMIT NOOOOO AAARGGHHH :foam:
:keiko: WARNING: SIG CONTAINS LAME JOKE
ImageImage

School? Yes school and I have been LOVING the perfect schedule I have this year.

In other news for creative writing I was put to the task of stalking observing someone for a few minutes and then writing about it, I then asked my teacher if we are literally going to bring a notepad along as we do this and jot down everything......... she replied "Yes". :hotti:
Inspector Grosky is prepared to arrest you in style with finesse with his chesthair sheltering innocent kittens.

I'm excited for the new school year (because I'm a total nerd). I start in about 2 1/2 more weeks, though. D: I'm going into my junior year of high school (grade 11, although I'm supposed to be a sophomore). Let's see... I'll have AP Chemistry, AP English, AP US History, level 5 French, general and Select Choir, gym (required for all students, every year until graduation. Fun, eh?), and "problem-solving", which earns college credit for a math class. I'm super-excited for Chem, because it's 2 classes a day, and it's supposed to be really fun (well, if you put the right effort in, it is.)

Quick note: AP means advanced placement; only the top 10-20ish students (subject-wise) can enter (although they are given the option to take a regular-level course). There's a special exam offered in the spring, which doesn't factor into your average, but does count as college credit if you have a certain score (for example, I had a 5/5 on my Global exam last year, so it should be accepted anywhere these tests are accepted). If I remember correctly, these courses are offered world-wide, too.

Hmmm. I don't think I did a very good job at explaining this. :payne:

earthlings on fire

Athena von Karma wrote:
I'm excited for the new school year (because I'm a total nerd). I start in about 2 1/2 more weeks, though. D: I'm going into my junior year of high school (grade 11, although I'm supposed to be a sophomore). Let's see... I'll have AP Chemistry, AP English, AP US History, level 5 French, general and Select Choir, gym (required for all students, every year until graduation. Fun, eh?), and "problem-solving", which earns college credit for a math class. I'm super-excited for Chem, because it's 2 classes a day, and it's supposed to be really fun (well, if you put the right effort in, it is.)

Quick note: AP means advanced placement; only the top 10-20ish students (subject-wise) can enter (although they are given the option to take a regular-level course). There's a special exam offered in the spring, which doesn't factor into your average, but does count as college credit if you have a certain score (for example, I had a 5/5 on my Global exam last year, so it should be accepted anywhere these tests are accepted). If I remember correctly, these courses are offered world-wide, too.

All of a sudden, I don't feel so smart anymore. ;_;
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

c:

Electroboy wrote:
Oh yeah, my school's awesome 'cause we're only in for like 3 and a half hours EVERY Wednesday.

Well you're a spoiled brat too >:[ Just kidding. But I wasn't aware that some schools actually have half days every week. It's never been like that for me, we would get like two half days a year when we DID have them, now they've been taken out completely.

Last edited by Franziska's Whip on Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Do a barrel roll!"

I GRADUATED BACK IN JUNE!!! I DON'T HAVE TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Except for starting college, but since I'm studying to be a massage therapist, I only have to go two times a week.

So I finally have the right to say this;

"HA HA!! SUCK IT, I FINALLY HAVE FREEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOM!"

But no, really, I’m so glad to be out of high school. No more of that drama crap. No more taking classes I don’t give a damn about. And even though I have two eight hour classes a week, I’m learning about something that I want to learn about. I’m finally living my dreams. Everything is so much better now.

Athena von Karma wrote:

EDIT: Because of those stupid hotel PC's only quotes are visible in my comments...

Fuck, I ain't typing my whole rant once more, but I basically wanted to say we don't have that kind of stuff at our schools and everyone is put together in the same class, which makes it harder for the dumb and frustrating for the nerds
ImageImage

Last edited by End Quote on Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My childhood right here

Justice Panda wrote:
I GRADUATED BACK IN JUNE!!! I DON'T HAVE TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Except for starting college, but since I'm studying to be a massage therapist, I only have to go two times a week.

So I finally have the right to say this;

"HA HA!! SUCK IT, I FINALLY HAVE FREEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOM!"

But no, really, I’m so glad to be out of high school. No more of that drama crap. No more taking classes I don’t give a damn about. And even though I have two eight hour classes a week, I’m learning about something that I want to learn about. I’m finally living my dreams. Everything is so much better now.

Yea...I can't wait for college. But honestly, I heard high school was "Where you can tale the classes you want! No more boring classes! Only the ones that are relevant to your interests!"
Yea. That's true. As long as you take the four years of state-required classes. Leaving... NO GOD DAMNED FREE YEARS

"Do a barrel roll!"

Steel Turnabout wrote:
Yea...I can't wait for college. But honestly, I heard high school was "Where you can tale the classes you want! No more boring classes! Only the ones that are relevant to your interests!"
Yea. That's true. As long as you take the four years of state-required classes. Leaving... NO GOD DAMNED FREE YEARS

Who ever told you that high school lets you to take what intrests you is a damn liar. It wasn't until my junior year that I got to take SOME classes that I wanted to. And then the honors and AP kids could only take a very few of the classes that interested them. Thank god I was one of those "normal-kids-that-stopped-caring-in-middle-school-when-the-teachers-stopped-caring-about-their-students-and-couldn't-teach-to-save-their-lives-and-got-angry-at-you-when-you-asked-a-question-about-the-lesson" kind of person.
(NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE WHO'S IN HONORS/AP CLASSES! I'm not saying your abnormal or anything. I just meant that we were the majority of students that the teachers had given up hope.)

My childhood right here

Justice Panda wrote:
Steel Turnabout wrote:

Who ever told you that high school lets you to take what intrests you is a damn liar. It wasn't until my junior year that I got to take SOME classes that I wanted to. And then the honors and AP kids could only take a very few of the classes that interested them. Thank god I was one of those "normal-kids-that-stopped-caring-in-middle-school-when-the-teachers-stopped-caring-about-their-students-and-couldn't-teach-to-save-their-lives-and-got-angry-at-you-when-you-asked-a-question-about-the-lesson" kind of person.
(NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE WHO'S IN HONORS/AP CLASSES! I'm not saying your abnormal or anything. I just meant that we were the majority of students that the teachers had given up hope.)

My teachers and principal in Middle School told us that.
And I stopped caring in middle school and somehow got into advanced classes. I never handed in homework and almost failed home and careers class. Partly because I hated the class, partly because the teacher was a bitch. But my seventh grade math teacher was pregnant and was a complete and utter bitch. The entire class got detention because someone sneezed. And because one moron was in the class, we did the same lesson and the same homework for a month, because to make it to the next lesson, everyone had to get a perfect score. Even the bonus question.

End Quote wrote:
Graahh

I just remeber at least 4 of our 15 student science class will go to another school...

No big deal, if that wouldn't mean we Now face the terrible future of a possible mix class between science...and SPORTS

Fuck no, not those idiots in my class IT WON'T HAPPEN I WON' LET IT HAPPEN RESISTANCE DAMMIT NOOOOO AAARGGHHH :foam:

Just saw we are now together with the latin students.

Fuck Yeah.
ImageImage

The AA-LPer

Location: Playing Ace Attorney or making LPs! No, actually, Finland.

Steel Turnabout wrote:
And I stopped caring in middle school and somehow got into advanced classes. I never handed in homework and almost failed home and careers class. Partly because I hated the class, partly because the teacher was a bitch. But my seventh grade math teacher was pregnant and was a complete and utter bitch. The entire class got detention because someone sneezed. And because one moron was in the class, we did the same lesson and the same homework for a month, because to make it to the next lesson, everyone had to get a perfect score. Even the bonus question.

Pregnant women are bad. Pregnant teachers are worse. :garyuu: But it's only nine months, plus she'll be away for a long while.

Because someone sneezed? Ouch, hormones...but I guess teachers have some sort of sadistic side to them.
Check my Ace Attorney Let's Plays and more on my Youtube Channel!
My Sigs, Wallpapers etc. Topic
The happy wife of Meenyman and mother of Dawn, Madame Sho and Dark Coffee Drinker

My childhood right here

kaisap112 wrote:
Steel Turnabout wrote:

Pregnant women are bad. Pregnant teachers are worse. :garyuu: But it's only nine months, plus she'll be away for a long while.

Because someone sneezed? Ouch, hormones...but I guess teachers have some sort of sadistic side to them.

It probably wasn't hormones, because it was before she got pregnant. I say probably because I'm not a woman. I wouldn't know. But yea. Sneezed. And The only substitute she ever had was her mother. She made fun of one kid for the whole period and someone else asked for a pencil and she sent him to a different grade's teacher.

tastes like new reed

I started school two days ago. Talk about TI-UH-RING! Anyways, my homeroom teacher is really nice, woohoo! And she teaches social studies, I have her for 2nd period! Here's my schedule:
-Homeroom
-Science
-Social Studies
-Brunch(We have lunch really early so that we don't run into the middle schoolers)
-Specials
-Writing
-Recess
-Language Arts
-Math
-Homeroom/Pack Up
-Dismissal

I get home at 5:00 because I ride a bus. Our bus is really filled up compared to last year. On the other hand, I have a different morning bus, and the bus driver drives really fast, well not fast enough for a ticket, but fast enough to make you jump outta your seat during the little bumps in the road.

Hah... Thank God it's Friday...

My childhood right here

My schedule:
-Geometry. The best way to start any day! With my worst subject!
-Earth Science lab and Gym. Switches each day
-Earth Science
-AP English
-Study Hall and then lunch
-French
-Basic Computer Skills. Huzzah. Because I'm stuck with a bunch of whores who don't know how to turn on the god damned moniter. What the shit.
-Art. Hehehe. My teacher is Mr. Smock. Ahahahahaha!
-Social Studies.
Then I leave. And the best part is, most classes have to move to another room, so I don't know where to go. Or where my locker is.

[/failure]

Steel Turnabout wrote:
-Basic Computer Skills. Huzzah. Because I'm stuck with a bunch of whores who don't know how to turn on the god damned moniter. What the shit.

Can top that. I'm fluent in nearly all forms of JavaScript (not applicable, but sounds cool), use Logic Studio somewhat regularly, have been playing piano since I was seven, and my Music Tech class is my teacher surfing the net while we do this. I mean, I'm from MN, I know Tim Pawlenty has has this "no gonna have new taxes cuz i gonna run for prez" thing, which causes budget cuts, but seriously? I'm going to at least try to get a license to fiddle around with GarageBand for the rest of the trimester.

filipinoamerican wrote:
-Brunch(We have lunch really early so that we don't run into the middle schoolers)

Can be topped as well. We eat lunch at 10:30. School ends at 2:30. Bus drops me off at 3:30. 6 straight hours without food. Plus, add an hour and a half in the spring for track. Yay.
[rant]

[/rant]

Time for you to sleep.

16BitsQuaRed wrote:
Steel Turnabout wrote:

Can top that. I'm fluent in nearly all forms of JavaScript (not applicable, but sounds cool), use Logic Studio somewhat regularly, have been playing piano since I was seven, and my Music Tech class is my teacher surfing the net while we do this. I mean, I'm from MN, I know Tim Pawlenty has has this "no gonna have new taxes cuz i gonna run for prez" thing, which causes budget cuts, but seriously? I'm going to at least try to get a license to fiddle around with GarageBand for the rest of the trimester.

filipinoamerican wrote:

Can be topped as well. We eat lunch at 10:30. School ends at 2:30. Bus drops me off at 3:30. 6 straight hours without food. Plus, add an hour and a half in the spring for track. Yay.

Cool story bro.
Parents: Chloe, CoffeeProsecutor Brothers: K_V_N, Auraion, OriginalBubs Son: Rarikou
Thanks to Midnight Jasper for the stuff.

What's the point in learning German when we only have it one hour a week for only one year...

Oh yeah, that's right, because of the 7 people who talk German in the German part of Belgium which makes it an official language...

Why not Spanish, which is spoken by way more people...
ImageImage

End Quote wrote:
Athena von Karma wrote:
AP means advanced placement; only the top 10-20ish students (subject-wise) can enter (although they are given the option to take a regular-level course).

Fuck, I ain't typing my whole rant once more, but I basically wanted to say we don't have that kind of stuff at our schools and everyone is put together in the same class, which makes it harder for the dumb and frustrating for the nerds

*shoulder pat* I'm sorry. If it makes you feel better, my school's trying to get rid of the AP courses.

Cravat of Doom wrote:
All of a sudden, I don't feel so smart anymore. ;_;

:garyuu:

The Modern Odysseus

Sophomore year in college this time around. How's this for a course list? 10 hours of lab per week...

-Organic Chemistry + Lab (4/hours/week)
-Intro to Physics + Lab (2 hours/week)
-Analytical Chemistry + Lab (4 hours/week)
-Molecules and Cells (Biology)
-Atlantic Worlds (History)

I'm a biochemistry/philosophy double major, and I can't even take any philosophy courses this year thanks to all the science I have to take. The history course is a core requirement that I would have to take sooner or later in my college "career," so it should be easy. But generally speaking, I'm going to have work up the wazoo. C'est la vie.

That said, if all this pays off, it'll just be this hell semester and the next, and then I'll be able to take all the philosophy electives I want... STUDYING ABROAD IN BEAUTIFUL THESSALONIKI, GREECE, for a semester :D :D :D ...I hope.

Electroboy wrote:

My school has 2 hours and 45 minute Wednesdays. Then lunch/sport! :godot:

Holy whack! Unlyrical lyrics Andre

Do American people have the same subjects everyday? Because in secondary schools in England you have different ones everyday.
Image Image

The Real Human Being

H4RDMEISTER wrote:
Do American people have the same subjects everyday? Because in secondary schools in England you have different ones everyday.

Depends, some schools have what they call Block schedule. On mondays and wendsdays you go to A, tues and thursday you go to B Friday you go to all.

The AA-LPer

Location: Playing Ace Attorney or making LPs! No, actually, Finland.

End Quote wrote:
What's the point in learning German when we only have it one hour a week for only one year...

Oh yeah, that's right, because of the 7 people who talk German in the German part of Belgium which makes it an official language...

Why not Spanish, which is spoken by way more people...

We have Swedish five lessons a week starting from 7th grade onwards. Since I'm in high school (which is voluntery here) I had Swedish as a mandatory subject until last year, but I'm still studying it. And why do we study Swedish? Because less than five percent of the nation speaks it. A Finnish person has to actually work in order to get in contact with a Swedish-speaking person...so yeah.

Our high school has a schedule where you pick what courses you take, and they're put in certain slots in the timetable. But in total, it makes five lessons a week of one subject. Then there are things like half-courses and courses that are divided into a longer period etc.

For me, at the moment my timetable is like this:

-Maths, one lesson every day
-Finnish, one lesson every day
-Psychology, two lessons on Tuesday and Thursday and one on Wednesday

Then I'm doing health education as independent study. That's my schedule until the beginning of October. After that my schedule changes again.

Though before that, I've got three matriculation exams. Which means I'll have to study all the history, health education and English I've learned in high school (and more) in order to get good grades. :beef: And those of course effect which universities etc. you can get into.
Check my Ace Attorney Let's Plays and more on my Youtube Channel!
My Sigs, Wallpapers etc. Topic
The happy wife of Meenyman and mother of Dawn, Madame Sho and Dark Coffee Drinker

Since everybody's talking about schedules now, here's mine (I'm a university student):

-Choices In A Consumer Society, online only
-Chemistry & Society, one lesson on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
-Introduction To Women's Studies, one lesson on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays

I'm in the bachelor's program for English, and since I transferred from another college I got most of the general education out of the way already, execpt for those 3 classes, a "Literature & Civilization" class, a math class and 4 semesters of a foreign language. Then I can get into the classes that are within my major, and I already have Creative Writing down for it so yay XD

The Twisted Samurai

My schedule's the following
Monday and Tuesday, 7 hours (from 8-14.05)
Wednesday and Thursday, 6 hours (from 8-13.15)
Friday is ugh... First two hours Mathematics (8-9.35), then two free hours, then two hours of politics (11.50-13.15) and STRAIGHT after that, ok with 30 minutes of time to get there at 13.45 I got Pe (we could choose our sport and I took soccer) until 15, on Fridays.
The best thing is my schoolway, I go like 5 minutes on foot and I am there. Also are my teachers all much cooler and more relaxed than the teachers I used to have.
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

Is still absolute trash.

Oh yay, now we're posting schedules!

-Web Technology
-Dual US History
*-Break
-Spanish 3
-Pre-Calculus
-Theater Arts
*-Lunch
-Dual English 3
-Physics
-Lifetime Nutrition and Wellness, and for 12 weeks, Dual Credit Payoff Time (1st semester)
-Food Science (2nd semester)

The best thing about this setup? Some of my classes will be moving to a new building this next week, so I still won't be used to getting to class.

Homecoming for our football season's on the 14, though, so that's cool.

We also elected Class Officers and Class Favorites this past Friday, and I'm really scared about that. DX
*trumpet sounds*

The one and only

Coffee Prosecutor wrote:
Friday is ugh... First two hours Mathematics (8-9.35), then two free hours, then two hours of politics (11.50-13.15) and STRAIGHT after that, ok with 30 minutes of time to get there at 13.45 I got Pe (we could choose our sport and I took soccer) until 15, on Fridays.
The best thing is my schoolway, I go like 5 minutes on foot and I am there. Also are my teachers all much cooler and more relaxed than the teachers I used to have.

I assume you're in the 11th grade of Gymnasium?
If yes, you are a lucky man. My schedule is the following:

Every even week, I have 11 hours mondays. That kills my day, because that means I'm home at 7 p.m., since I have to take the train. Every uneven week I "only" have 9 hours. Tuesdays and thursdays I always have 9 hours, so I'm at home at around 5 o'clock. Wednesdays, I have 7 hours every uneven and 9 hours every even week.
Fridays, I'm at school until the end of the 8th hour, but for me school starts at 9:50 on that day. As I said, unfortunately, I have to take the train. And the only train I can take to be on time is the one at 8:29 am, so yeah. -.-

Oh, and I hate Thursday. Two lessons physics, two lessons chemistry, two lessons PE, lunch break, and two lessons biology.
I HATE SCIENCE.

:)

I go back at september 13th. I've been of college since June the 21st. I'm looking forward to my E.M.A money. I might even be lucky and draw naked old men this year.

My childhood right here

DoMaya wrote:
H4RDMEISTER wrote:

Depends, some schools have what they call Block schedule. On mondays and wendsdays you go to A, tues and thursday you go to B Friday you go to all.

I have C and D days.

kaisap112 wrote:
Our high school has a schedule where you pick what courses you take, and they're put in certain slots in the timetable. But in total, it makes five lessons a week of one subject. Then there are things like half-courses and courses that are divided into a longer period etc.

That's pretty much how scheduling works at my school. Some kids, as 11/12th graders (last 2 years of high school), decide to take this program where they're in school for half the day, then take a bus to this other school, where they take courses that sort of mimic apprenticeships; it's basically a trade school where they learn skills for a profession that our school doesn't offer (ie, cosmetology, auto.. stuff, animal care, etc.)

I suck at explaining things. :yogi:

rock on rebel warriors

Athena von Karma wrote:
Some kids, as 11/12th graders (last 2 years of high school), decide to take this program where they're in school for half the day, then take a bus to this other school, where they take courses that sort of mimic apprenticeships; it's basically a trade school where they learn skills for a profession that our school doesn't offer (ie, cosmetology, auto.. stuff, animal care, etc.)

Do most high schools have something like this?
Because my school has exactly what you're talking about.
alles ist scheisse

I hate my Womens Studies class already. Only on the second day of the class the teacher wants to move the class to ANOTHER BUILDING. That's FIVE BLOCKS from where my first class is. And I have to get there in TEN MINUTES. This really sucks... At least my mom said she would stay around the area and drive me there, because she didn't want me walking to that class where there's really bad traffic. I did a test walk of it today and I was scared because I thought I was gonna get run over by a car many times.

Krazytimes wrote:
Athena von Karma wrote:
Some kids, as 11/12th graders (last 2 years of high school), decide to take this program where they're in school for half the day, then take a bus to this other school, where they take courses that sort of mimic apprenticeships; it's basically a trade school where they learn skills for a profession that our school doesn't offer (ie, cosmetology, auto.. stuff, animal care, etc.)

Do most high schools have something like this?
Because my school has exactly what you're talking about.

Dunno, maybe. Ours is "BOCES". Don't ask what it means, I have no clue.

[Words]

I go to register at my school tomorrow. Which means I also get my timetable tomorrow. Gotta say, I'm excited.

I also found out that on the first day of school, I only have to stay for 2 hours. This is awesome news.

The Twisted Samurai

Tacas wrote:
Coffee Prosecutor wrote:

I assume you're in the 11th grade of Gymnasium?
If yes, you are a lucky man. My schedule is the following:

Every even week, I have 11 hours mondays. That kills my day, because that means I'm home at 7 p.m., since I have to take the train. Every uneven week I "only" have 9 hours. Tuesdays and thursdays I always have 9 hours, so I'm at home at around 5 o'clock. Wednesdays, I have 7 hours every uneven and 9 hours every even week.
Fridays, I'm at school until the end of the 8th hour, but for me school starts at 9:50 on that day. As I said, unfortunately, I have to take the train. And the only train I can take to be on time is the one at 8:29 am, so yeah. -.-

Oh, and I hate Thursday. Two lessons physics, two lessons chemistry, two lessons PE, lunch break, and two lessons biology.
I HATE SCIENCE.

I am in 12th schoolyear
and I feel ya, I hate science, too.
But due to be being in the 12th year I don't need to choose more than one science subject, which is in my case Physics. :keiko:
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

earthlings on fire

nekonohime wrote:
I hate my Womens Studies class already. Only on the second day of the class the teacher wants to move the class to ANOTHER BUILDING. That's FIVE BLOCKS from where my first class is. And I have to get there in TEN MINUTES. This really sucks... At least my mom said she would stay around the area and drive me there, because she didn't want me walking to that class where there's really bad traffic. I did a test walk of it today and I was scared because I thought I was gonna get run over by a car many times.

Ouch... That sounds really bad :larry:
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

Holy whack! Unlyrical lyrics Andre

I will be going to school this Thurday and I will definitely post my timetably.

Also, Nekonohime, how come you have to cross roads to gt to your class? In the school where I go to, it's one giant building.
Image Image

@H4RDMEISTER- I go to university, so the buildings are scattered. I have one class in one building and one in another.
Page 3 of 23 [ 913 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices