Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 8 of 23[ 913 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 23  Next

Re: Let's Talk About The New School YearTopic%20Title

tastes like new reed

Subaru Saito Hikari wrote:
filipinoamerican wrote:
D-ducks? I'm no good at guessing games. Sorry.

Spoiler: response to nekonohime's story, keep under spoiler tag if you want to keep your innocence
Whaddafa?! Did they seriously give you FLAVORED CONDOMS?! Why would they give FLAVORED CONDOMS to you? Do they expect you to start having sex or something? Did they think that their speech would make kids want to have sex?! More importantly... why FLAVORED CONDOMS?! That makes no sense? Do they really think you're gonna go THAT far? I can't believe adults seem to think so loooow of you! *cleans glasses with shirt furiously* I can't think of any other reasons why. I mean, yeah, sure, sex is alright AFTER marriage. But why? Why give you those condoms? That would just make more people in your class have sex! ........
Yes, yes, yes. You must be surprised at my knowledge of these things, aren't you? Or did you just expect that of me? Hmmmm? Hmmmmmmmmmmm? :maggy:

........ *sprays on full-blast with water hose* Chill out, filipinoamerican, just chill~.

And also, filipinoamerican, WE WERE JUST TALKING ABOUT IT. What I named the group after, I mean.

Yeah, I have a temper. Not a little one, a large one. I think I got it from... my dad? Mom? I'm not sure.
Rubber... Duckies? *fidgets* *squirms into a corner* That's what we were talking about earlier... right? Yeah. I... am good at schoolwork and all that, my common sense just... can't... function? I don't know.
Yeah. Sorry for going full on with that. I just had read it and I hadn't processed it in my brain while I was making the post.
Spoiler: now I see...
That it can be okay as long as you're being safe? I was just raging over the fact that those... things they gave nekonohime were... flavored.

I just realized that we have Sex Ed. next year. And this year we have to watch the puberty video. *shudders* Although, I'm not totally sure we'll have Sex Ed. next year. I just know that at the school that I go to right now, Sex Ed. starts in 6th grade. And I'll be going to a different different school for Middle School next year, I won't stay at the smart school for Middle School. At least I have my buddies coming with me! Unless they decide to go to early college. I'll be lonely. *cries*

Is still absolute trash.

filipinoamerican wrote:
Yeah, I have a temper. Not a little one, a large one. I think I got it from... my dad? Mom? I'm not sure.
Rubber... Duckies? *fidgets* *squirms into a corner* That's what we were talking about earlier... right? Yeah. I... am good at schoolwork and all that, my common sense just... can't... function? I don't know.
Yeah. Sorry for going full on with that. I just had read it and I hadn't processed it in my brain while I was making the post.
Spoiler: now I see...
That it can be okay as long as you're being safe? I was just raging over the fact that those... things they gave nekonohime were... flavored.

I just realized that we have Sex Ed. next year. And this year we have to watch the puberty video. *shudders* Although, I'm not totally sure we'll have Sex Ed. next year. I just know that at the school that I go to right now, Sex Ed. starts in 6th grade. And I'll be going to a different different school for Middle School next year, I won't stay at the smart school for Middle School. At least I have my buddies coming with me! Unless they decide to go to early college. I'll be lonely. *cries*

Yes. Rubber duckies. From Mexico, technically. Hence "Ducky Bueno".
It's okay. I have a small temper, plus a possible ego issue and paranoia/over-thinking issue. (Otherwise known as hyperactive brain problems. XD It's the "random virus", basically, in weirdo terms.)
You have Sex Ed. in 6th grade? (But that would put you in the 5th grade, right?) We only had the puberty video in 5th grade!! (Then Health in 6th and 7th grade. With a really mean teacher. XD) Plus safety packages in case it started that year. Which, for me, actually happened the day we watched the video. Right before I left to go over to the junior high to go get my older siblings. Yay me and my biological bad timing. XP
*trumpet sounds*

The AA-LPer

Location: Playing Ace Attorney or making LPs! No, actually, Finland.

I don't get sick easily. Unfortunately. :sadshoe: No excuses to stay home.

We're having career counsellor meetings next week. You know, talk about what we want to do after high school etc.
Most of my classmates are clueless as to what they'll do after graduating. Is it like that in other countries as well? :eh?:
Check my Ace Attorney Let's Plays and more on my Youtube Channel!
My Sigs, Wallpapers etc. Topic
The happy wife of Meenyman and mother of Dawn, Madame Sho and Dark Coffee Drinker

Matryoshka~

kaisap112 wrote:
I don't get sick easily. Unfortunately. :sadshoe: No excuses to stay home.

I know how you feel. :grey:

Cravat of Doom wrote:
Athena von Karma, how're you liking Chemistry? I remember you being excited about it in August... My Chem teacher was freaking awesome...

Love it! Right now we're just reviewing a few things, which is okay, since 7.5 out of 8 kids can't remember the majority of the formulas (I just happen to be that .5 that kinda remembers it). Our teacher's mum had a heart attack and needed surgery last week, so we had a sub in. She brought us Timbits (tiny little doughnut balls from Tim Hortons, a popular coffee-shop type place around here), and had us do, like, 1 problem a day. Doc gave the sub her computer log-in on Friday, so we had some notes to do, on stoichiometry and the problem-solving to go with it (IE, how many grams of hydrogen yield 10.0 grams of ammonia?).

We also happened to have some student teachers in, and they were walking around, checking our work on one of the example problems Doc gave us. Now, mind you, I'd been finished for a few minutes by the time they got to me, so I had plenty of time to check everything over. So when ST1 walks over and points to the last step and says I'm wrong, I'm immediately like "What?". I mean, nothing seemed wrong to me. But she said I had to double the weight of ammonium thiocyanate, because the mole ratio was 2:1. So I look at her problem. And it hits me. I point out "No, you don't double it, because 76.11g are in 1 mole of ammonium thiocyanate; if you double it, you have to put it over 2 moles, which is still 3.2gNH4SCN, like I had." There was this little "oh" moment. And it felt GREAT. Especially since the two of them had this smug air about them, like they thought they were so much better than us. It was awesome.

I'm such a nerd. :garyuu:

The AA-LPer

Location: Playing Ace Attorney or making LPs! No, actually, Finland.

Athena von Karma wrote:
We also happened to have some student teachers in, and they were walking around, checking our work on one of the example problems Doc gave us. Now, mind you, I'd been finished for a few minutes by the time they got to me, so I had plenty of time to check everything over. So when ST1 walks over and points to the last step and says I'm wrong, I'm immediately like "What?". I mean, nothing seemed wrong to me. But she said I had to double the weight of ammonium thiocyanate, because the mole ratio was 2:1. So I look at her problem. And it hits me. I point out "No, you don't double it, because 76.11g are in 1 mole of ammonium thiocyanate; if you double it, you have to put it over 2 moles, which is still 3.2gNH4SCN, like I had." There was this little "oh" moment. And it felt GREAT. Especially since the two of them had this smug air about them, like they thought they were so much better than us. It was awesome.

That happens to me in English class all the time. I'm that one student in the room who shows any interest at all, though at the moment I just spend classes being bored out of my mind. Plus I sometimes have to correct the teacher, which is sort of embarassing. :grey:

Not to mention that I'm her secretary it seems, I'm the one she always asks for test-dates and last lessons homework and such.
She doesn't remember them. Should someone be worried?
Check my Ace Attorney Let's Plays and more on my Youtube Channel!
My Sigs, Wallpapers etc. Topic
The happy wife of Meenyman and mother of Dawn, Madame Sho and Dark Coffee Drinker

Is still absolute trash.

Athena von Karma wrote:
Love it! Right now we're just reviewing a few things, which is okay, since 7.5 out of 8 kids can't remember the majority of the formulas (I just happen to be that .5 that kinda remembers it). Our teacher's mum had a heart attack and needed surgery last week, so we had a sub in. She brought us Timbits (tiny little doughnut balls from Tim Hortons, a popular coffee-shop type place around here), and had us do, like, 1 problem a day. Doc gave the sub her computer log-in on Friday, so we had some notes to do, on stoichiometry and the problem-solving to go with it (IE, how many grams of hydrogen yield 10.0 grams of ammonia?).

I think I did that last year in my Chemistry class. (FUUUUUU- Never again.)
*trumpet sounds*

earthlings on fire

Athena von Karma wrote:
Cravat of Doom wrote:
Athena von Karma, how're you liking Chemistry? I remember you being excited about it in August... My Chem teacher was freaking awesome...

That IS awesome! XD I know what you mean about correcting teachers. It feels good, but then the rest of the class kind of thinks you're really nerdy...I guess sort of am... ;_;

As for my Chemistry, it's an up and down thing. Sometimes I like it; sometimes I don't. I guess it depends on whether or not I fully grasp what's going on. I feel like an idiot because I couldn't get a problem that really isn't that complicated...

Spoiler: Chemistry Geekiness
"A 0.539 g sample of a compound that contained only carbon and hydrogen was subjected to combustion analysis. The combustion produced 1.64 g of carbon dioxide and 0.807 g of water. Calculate the percentage composition and the empirical formula of the sample" It's really weird because I got the answer C5H1, but the correct answer is C5H12. So somehow I managed to understand what to do with Carbon, but not Hydrogen. YEAH. THAT MAKES SENSE. :yogi:

Anyway. There's only eight kids in your Chem class? My goodness, that's small.
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

A True English Diva-To-Be <3

Cravat of Doom wrote:

Eheh, you think that's small? There's only five of us in my German class this year- God only knows by what black magic they still managed to run it XD I mean, the Classics class got cancelled and they had about twice the amount of people as we do :3
Click on Janice for graphics ^^

earthlings on fire

PandaPrinzessin wrote:
There's only five of us in my German class this year

Quote:
in my German class

Quote:
German class

I envy you so much it effing hurts. XD I never got that opportunity.
ImageImageImage

PandaPrinzessin wrote:
Eheh, you think that's small? There's only five of us in my German class this year- God only knows by what black magic they still managed to run it XD I mean, the Classics class got cancelled and they had about twice the amount of people as we do :3

What level are you in?? I can only imagine how small my German class would be if I took it this quarter. After 202, the students dropped like flies. *Sigh* German is so underrated...

A True English Diva-To-Be <3

Cravat of Doom wrote:
PandaPrinzessin wrote:
There's only five of us in my German class this year

Quote:
in my German class

Quote:
German class

I envy you so much it effing hurts. XD I never got that opportunity.

Awww, babe, I pity you DX German is KICKASS <3

silentxfilmstar wrote:
PandaPrinzessin wrote:

What level are you in?? I can only imagine how small my German class would be if I took it this quarter. After 202, the students dropped like flies. *Sigh* German is so underrated...

This is my fifth year of German~ And, yes, it's SO UNDERAPPRECIATED D= The weird thing is, I probably would have wanted to take Spanish instead but my school did this thing where the first three tutor groups in the year did German and the last three did Spanish ^^

Needless to say, I was in the former <3
Click on Janice for graphics ^^

Et tu, Brute?

Athena von Karma wrote:

I think I did that last year in my Chemistry class. (FUUUUUU- Never again.)

MY AWESOME CHEMISTRY MOMENT:

[This happened last year, about a week or so before the final exam.]

Teacher: Alright everyone, remember, all you have to know for the final exam is Mass to Moles to Moles to Mass! As easy as that! Everything else derives itself from that! :damon:

My Friend Mike: (looks at me) He hasn't said anything else all year! :larry:

Teacher: Remember class- Mass to Moles to Moles to Mass! Mass to Moles to Moles to Mass! :gant:

My Friend Jack: (looks at a group of students) Thank god we'll actually get a good teacher next year. :payne:

Teacher: REPEAT AFTER ME!
Mass to Moles... :gant-jazz:

Class: TO MOLES TO MASS!!!! :grey:

Teacher: Mass to Moles... :gant-clap:

Class: TO MOLESSS TO MAASSSSSSS!!!!! :zenitora:

Teacher: Mass to Moles... :gant-clap2:

Class: to Moles to....

Me: FAIL!!!!!

(Suddenly, I realize that what I had just blurted out was a tad bit too loud...)

(Awkward Silence... :lana: )

(Followed by mass laughter! :moe-laugh: )

(GREAT SUCCESS! :cards: )

"I'm End Quote." end quote.

And what does he actually mean with "Mass to moles to moles to mass" than?
:keiko: WARNING: SIG CONTAINS LAME JOKE
ImageImage

Is still absolute trash.

MOFO'ING PSAT!! *slams head-to-desk multiple times*

I'm sleep-deprived, falling behind on homework, and the little kids at the OPC are annoying me.

Point being: I want this school to end now!! *cries*
*trumpet sounds*

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Ugh, I hate moles in chemistry, the same goes for electron configurations, Planck's constant, significant figures, anything mathy in chemistry, basically just chemistry. I hate chemistry.
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

Yaragorm wrote:
Ugh, I hate moles in chemistry, the same goes for electron configurations, Planck's constant, significant figures, anything mathy in chemistry, basically just chemistry. I hate chemistry.

Quite the opposite for me. I'm only good at stuff I can work out. Anything I have to learn is always a complete and utter failure. My chemistry teacher still loves me though :P

PandaPrinzessin wrote:
This is my fifth year of German~ And, yes, it's SO UNDERAPPRECIATED D= The weird thing is, I probably would have wanted to take Spanish instead but my school did this thing where the first three tutor groups in the year did German and the last three did Spanish ^^

Needless to say, I was in the former <3

This is my fifth year of German too, but I retook German 1 in college because I forgot a crap ton of it after high school. The last one I took was 203, I didn't do too well (actually, felt I did well) in that class because I was struggling with the more complex grammar and we had to write papers, which was a disaster for me... The 300 levels would've started with writing and then move onto conversation, but we wouldn't go into details about grammar and all that anymore, so I decided to not take it this quarter :sadshoe:

1000% Knight

Ah, I missed school~

It's also fun being able to load up on courses in cool subjects <3

It's also fun laughing at younger friends taking standardized tests and filling out applications.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Cravat of Doom wrote:

It's an AP class. We have 3 levels, Intro, Regents, and AP. I took Regents last year (and got the highest score on the exam <3), and was recommended for AP (our teacher was pretty selective, and even some of the kids that he picked decided not to take the course). My English class has about 10 people, too. My French class has 2.xD
Spoiler:
It's because I'm in level 4/5 independent study with a friend of mine. The normally scheduled classes don't fit into either of our schedules, so we have it for 20 min. before lunch; we share the room with the level 3s.

PandaPrinzessin wrote:

I love small classes. Haha, you get to goof around a lot because of it.
Also, I kinda love your avi/sig. [/notacreeper] C:

1000% Knight

Athena von Karma wrote:

But you can goof around all you want in large classes cuz the teacher can't see you xD

Bad Player wrote:
Athena von Karma wrote:

But you can goof around all you want in large classes cuz the teacher can't see you xD

But then the teacher doesn't buy your class food, because there's too many. :D

Is still absolute trash.

Athena von Karma wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
Athena von Karma wrote:

I second that. My T.A. teacher bought hamburgers for the four juniors in our class of 10 students when the seniors were having a class meeting during 5th period.
*trumpet sounds*

1000% Knight

Athena von Karma wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
Athena von Karma wrote:

But that's what precept is for!

Et tu, Brute?

End Quote wrote:
And what does he actually mean with "Mass to moles to moles to mass" than?

I'll try to explain based on the few lessons last year where we were actually taught something. If someone else knows more, please correct me on any mistakes.

Basically, Moles are the fundamental unit of measurement in Chemistry- all Chemical equations are either in Moles or must be converted to Moles. So at the end of a long equation, it was necessary to convert Moles, else you'd lose a half mark or something. :grey:

Mass is usually the element that must be converted to Moles. You do this by dividing the Molar Mass (the number in the top-right hand corner of the Periodic Table of elements, otherwise known as the Atomic Number) by the number of particles. This is usually provided. That's it for basic Chemistry. :notes:

For more confusing stuff, you have to work backwards. :cody-shock2: This is where the "Moles to Mass" part of the "Mass to Moles to Moles to Mass" algorithm comes into play. Often you are given the Moles, and must convert to Mass.

More often, you need to find the Chemical equation from the basic information given. In this case, there is a step in between the Moles and the Mass, where we multiply the Moles by the ratio of the Big Number in front of any given element to the Big Number in front of the element we are trying to find.

The answer, written in units of Mass- will be what the teacher is asking in 9/10 Chemistry final exam questions. :keiko:

Got my paper back from my Women's Studies class. I got a D+ (66 out of 100). First time I ever got a bad grade on a paper. EVER.

And the comments she put on it I can barely read. All I could read was where she said I used "run on sentences" and that I had "Several errors and need to proofread."

I honestly have NEVER gotten comments like that on a paper before, especially not from my English teachers! What makes this hilarious is that the teacher herself can't spell and all the handouts she gives to us are FULL OF GODDAMN TYPOS. Hypocrisy for the fail. SHE needs to proofread! And I'm an ENGLISH major for God's sake...

:fire: :headbang:

I've had it up to here with this idiotic class. I can't wait till it's over. Next semester is Italian, Freshmen (First year university) English [boo] and I'm going to see if I can get permission to get into the first English class I need for my major.

Et tu, Brute?

nekonohime wrote:
Got my paper back from my Women's Studies class. I got a D+ (66 out of 100). First time I ever got a bad grade on a paper. EVER.

And the comments she put on it I can barely read. All I could read was where she said I used "run on sentences" and that I had "Several errors and need to proofread."

I honestly have NEVER gotten comments like that on a paper before, especially not from my English teachers! What makes this hilarious is that the teacher herself can't spell and all the handouts she gives to us are FULL OF GODDAMN TYPOS. Hypocrisy for the fail. SHE needs to proofread! And I'm an ENGLISH major for God's sake...

:fire: :headbang:

I've had it up to here with this idiotic class. I can't wait till it's over. Next semester is Italian, Freshmen (First year university) English [boo] and I'm going to see if I can get permission to get into the first English class I need for my major.

I've always wanted to take a course or two in Women's Studies, simply to see what it is all about, but there's been something holding me back...

I guess the first thing would be that I am a male :phoenix: ...I take it that there are few if any males involved in these classes. Despite my interests stemming from a purely interest-based motive, I feel as if the class and the prof may not take my participation in that pure a light, and stress more ominous reasons as to my involvement. :pizzahat:

As well, from an ideological perspective, I fear that I may be the only "ludite" :udgy: in the room. I am in many ways a proponent of social freedoms, though it would be a faaar stretch to call me a feminist. Though I support democratic ideals and the message behind it, I cannot help but shudder at some of the means and methods used by modern feminists to instill their set of beliefs. This is nothing more than my humble opinion.

That being said, I have a number of questions for you: firstly, from your experiences, does Women's Studies entail a given political agenda? Do the profs try to indoctrinate you into given ideologies? :zaviaar: :no-no:

Are the profs all feminist? Are the students progressive or "progressive" (ie, we allow all opinions, expect for those we deem incorrect) in their views?

If you took the time to read this, thanks in advance. :redd:

I have honestly no idea of what we even talk about in the class. I just feel like it's a bunch of feminist propaganda and it's just nonsense. I was forced by my academic advisor to take this class and initially had no interest in this subject (And I also didn't know it even existed!)

I honestly would only recommend this class for someone who actually knows what women's studies is and actually has an interest in it. DO NOT take it as a general education elective, like I did. I am miserable in this class.

And yes, the teachers are feminist. And I can't stand feminists. They are sexists and need to get their heads out of their asses.

/rant over.

Et tu, Brute?

nekonohime wrote:
And yes, the teachers are feminist. And I can't stand feminists. They are sexists and need to get their heads out of their asses.

/rant over.

Wow, you sound like my type of woman. :godot:

In any case, thanks for letting me know- it was more or less my intention to take it as a general elective, as I have little to no prior knowledge of feminist doctrine, nor is it my intent on familiarizing myself with it.

I was just curious to see what it's all about...if it truly is so politically charged, I will gladly choose something else (there's no shortage of subjects after all :redd: ).

Yes, I definitely would not recommend taking something like that as an elective. The reason that I had to take it because it was a required class for the "Diverse & Global Communities" requirement they want you to have (Because my university GLOATS about its diversity), and the other choices I could have gotten were:

-Human Societies/Globalization
-Global Communication
-International Relations
-Human Spirituality

I actually wanted to do International Relations, but since my academic advisor picked ALL my classes, she picked Women's Studies because she thought I would like it. feh.

Glad I could be of help, Elegant Brute :)

Call me Ishmael.

My grades are shaping up to be pretty good - a LOT better than usual - this year. :D
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

Matryoshka~

After my badass performance in my old school's play last year (which I enjoyed a LOT) I was so disappointed when I found out I'm at the bottom in my drama class. :sadshoe:

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

4 points about the school:

1. I'm in a small class with 3 another people. And I'm not on the highschool, because I live in Austria.. It's impossible. ~ Yey. XD

2. My last year at this F*** school! YAAAY :3 And I hate the teachers. They are so.. complicated. Ugh.

3. -> AND I FINALLY MEET MY BOYFRIEND NEXT WEEK AT HIS BIRTHDAY! YAAAAAAAY :3 :3

4. I have holidays for 4 days. :-P
Finally! I have it! My holidays!

The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions

시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에

Trivia 轉 : Seesaw

Matryoshka~

I have a whole week off mwahahaha :gant:

tastes like new reed

We had our Science Benchmark today. I went through it pretty easily. There were some things that didn't make sense. And you want to know what's BS about it? She spent two weeks teaching us about lightning when there wasn't even a SINGLE QUESTION about lightning on the test. *tongue farts* But it was alright. I'm probably gonna get a bad grade, though. Ugh.
We had our first Market today. It's this thing where people set up businesses around the cafeteria that have homemade items to sell. The customers use our fake currency. The currency that we are using this year is called Boone Bucks. It was by this girl in my class that not a lot of people like. It was really stupid. The rules for the currency contest(I will explain that later) is that you can't use pictures, they have to be drawn and then inked with black marker. She photocopied pictures of our teachers and our principal from who knows where, and pasted them onto her currency contest paper. My friend told me that her original idea was Carnivorous Granies or whatever. Mine was better drawn than hers, but I just think mine didn't bring a lot of attention. But I think that Meal Money should have won. It was waaaay better than Boone Bucks.
Back to the topic of market! For market I sell drawings of characters like Pokemon or Brawl related characters. I almost got sold out. I had 4 drawings to sell, and I sold 3. I have the price for one drawing 10BB. And at Christmas time(December) I will lower the prices to 7BB. Then during March I'll lower the prices to 5BB, if business isn't going well. Apparently I'm the only one selling drawings. And they claim that I am a good drawer, but I just tell them to "SHUT UP." or I say "Yay."because I don't like compliments for some reason. =/ My friend was selling ringies. They're basically a puff ball with a bell inside of them. It was pretty cool. Although, Market is COMPLETE CHAOS. Last year, on the last day of Market, a fifth grader went on a shoplifting spree. At least I didn't get robbed by the dude.
Okay. The Currency Contest is basically a contest to see which currency that we will use for the year. Rules: No logos, team logos, anything like that. And they have to be drawn with black ink. You don't have to straight up draw it with black ink, the final copy just has to be in black ink. The one with the most votes wins. Simple, right?
Did I mention I'm gonna be gone for 3 days? Yeah, it's gonna be fun. 'Cause we're going on an OVERNIGHT FIELD TRIP! We're going to Williamsburg, Virginia. I can't wait! I'm also roomed with the people I knew for a fact that I was going to be with. The only bad thing is that on the Rules Packet that we got yesterday says that we can't drink coffee AT ALL. I was planning on bringing coffee in the morning to drink in the morning on the bus. We're also leaving at 6:00 am. YAY. I'll probably have to get up really really early. I'm not sure if I should bring my DS or my m:robe(mp3). The only thing that sucks is that we have an assignment that we have to do. We have to keep a journal for each day. And we'll probably have to do something in Science or Social Studies, too.
WOAH. LONG RANT. I should probably stop there before I go WHOOOOOOOP into Rant Land. 'kay bye!

Reminds me of when I was in fifth grade we kinda did the same thing, but at my school it was called Economics, I think. I remember I sold a Nickelodeon clock, and one of the teachers bought it XD I remember somebody was selling drawings too, but they didn't sell any. Man, I can't believe I remember that far back... That was almost over ten years ago for me!

Oh, I've been to Williamsburg too (I actually live in VA, so I get to go there every so often). It's really nice there, I love the rein-actors and stuff. There's also a lot of tours of old buildings and stuff too, as well as the College Of William and Mary. I think you might like it.

OH MAN do I miss field trips. In elementary school (kindergarten-fifth grade for me), I went to Monticello (Thomas Jefferson's house, it's near Charlottesville, VA) and Jamestown (Which is a little bit away from Williamsburg). In middle school (grades 7-8), I only got to go on one trip, and that was New York City.

My God, that had to have been my favorite field trip out of them all. Since my grandma was from there, I felt like I had a spiritual connection to the place. I saw the Statue Of Liberty, Ellis Island, a Broadway show (Phantom of the Opera), and the Empire State Building. I got to go on the Today show as well, as part of the audience (It's an American news show in case you're from another country or don't know). I would love to go back there someday...

tastes like new reed

We're mainly going there to see Jamestown. Right now we're learning about what happened when Jamestown was discovered and how it was the 1st successful English Colony. I love my Social Studies teacher. She make Social Studies so much fun... She's also my Homeroom teacher. =D

On the topic of teachers... You wanna know what other words our L.A. teacher banned? She banned the words "really" and "very". She said that instead of adding those words in our sentences we can use words that we learn in Caesar's English.
Guess what! I have a nickname! My nickname is HUGBUDDY. I think that's because the dude who gives everybody nicknames is my hugbuddy, so my nickname is hugbuddy. My friend's name is T-Bagger, my other friend's name is grouch (because he won't put his hood on and act like a gangster, but he's still cool), my other friend is named Freckle-Face, this girl in my class is nicknamed Cow-something because she LOVES cows, someone's name is Fa****-Bag, and this dude in my friend's homeroom's name is Graham-Cracker, for obvious reasons.

Et tu, Brute?

filipinoamerican wrote:
We're mainly going there to see Jamestown. Right now we're learning about what happened when Jamestown was discovered and how it was the 1st successful English Colony. I love my Social Studies teacher. She make Social Studies so much fun... She's also my Homeroom teacher. =D

On the topic of teachers... You wanna know what other words our L.A. teacher banned? She banned the words "really" and "very". She said that instead of adding those words in our sentences we can use words that we learn in Caesar's English.
Guess what! I have a nickname! My nickname is HUGBUDDY. I think that's because the dude who gives everybody nicknames is my hugbuddy, so my nickname is hugbuddy. My friend's name is T-Bagger, my other friend's name is grouch (because he won't put his hood on and act like a gangster, but he's still cool), my other friend is named Freckle-Face, this girl in my class is nicknamed Cow-something because she LOVES cows, someone's name is Fa****-Bag, and this dude in my friend's homeroom's name is Graham-Cracker, for obvious reasons.

I remember at one point, my grade 8 English teacher banned all adjectives and adverbs below 5 letters.

This quarter (which is almost over, yay!!), I'm taking only 3 classes: Japanese 101, math for stupid kids, and Geology 107. So far my classes are going pretty well, except for geology. Oh my god, I hate that class with a burning passion. I suck at the labs because I have no clue what the hell we're supposed to be doing and I have to ask my poor TA for help every single page. I can't understand the wording of the instructions and it has some math crap that I've never done before in my life, so that makes it even more confusing.

The tests we have for the main class are really difficult and like, 10% of the stuff that's on the study guide is actually on the test, making it pretty much useless. I bombed both tests, even with a grade curve, but what really makes me mad is that I felt pretty good about my second test. I studied more for it and I felt like I knew more, even though there were still some questions I didn't know. I was hoping I'd get a C, but no, I got a friggin' 53 on it, and that was with a 10 point curve. WHAT. I mean, it's better than what I got the first test, but not by much.

I can't wait to get out of that class, but I'm really not looking forward to possibly taking another science class. I'm really hoping that my lab grade will improve my overall grade, but I'm not expecting much... :yuusaku: Fuck geology...

earthlings on fire

Elegant Brute wrote:

I remember at one point, my grade 8 English teacher banned all adjectives and adverbs below 5 letters.

What is this I don't even...

That's the stupidest thing I ever heard!
ImageImageImage
Page 8 of 23 [ 913 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 23  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices