Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 1 of 1[ 13 posts ]

Bad/Funny Retail Experiences!Topic%20Title

Delicious cupcakes!

From being a customer and having an employee do something weird, to customers becoming violently angry about stupid things, post your experiences in stores here! Food service counts just as well :3

I work at a Walmart, so I, naturally, have a very large number of these stories. I'll start off with one that actually happened at McDonald's because I just.. why.

I ordered a chicken club, which comes with cheese and bacon no matter where you order it. When I sat down to eat said sandwich, however, I found that it was empty of... well, everything. I did ask for no lettuce or tomato, but I didn't recall asking them to avoid the cheese and bacon that I bought it for, so I returned to the counter with the offending item. "Hi, I ordered a chicken club and it doesn't have cheese or bacon, could you please add that to this sandwich?" I wasn't about to make them waste more resources over a tiny mistake. I've been there, in food service, so I know what it's like. Instead of fixing the simple mistake, both of the girls at the counter began staring at me like I had grown eyestalks and was breathing fire. "The chicken club doesn't have bacon and cheese, that's this one over here!" they argued, pointing at the menu. I pointed out that the club cost more than the sandwich they were attempting to tell me came with bacon and cheese, and also that the club was pictured with bacon and cheese on the menu. They were going to make me pay to get the bacon and cheese that I paid for already, until a manager had to step up and tell them to make me a new sandwich. I just.. I was being polite and asking nicely, why would they try to lie? It's not as though I was going to tell them off or yell at them, I didn't even look or sound angry, I just wanted my bacon and cheese. If I had wanted a plain chicken sandwich, I would have ordered the normal one, after all, not the club.
Re: Bad/Funny Retail Experiences!Topic%20Title

Some people avoid admitting their mistakes.

I was working at McPaper at the cash register, around September when school starts and mothers and kids by all sorts of school stuff and such. Two girls, I'm guessing 12ish, came up to me at the cash register and holding out a big, cardboard folder and pointed out a little scratch, mistake during creation of the folder and asked if they could have it for cheaper, because they liked the design.
I was still somewhat new, so I asked my supervisor and she said No, if there was a flaw in creation/bad scratch on the folder, it wasn't for sale and had to be sent back to the designers. The girls chose a different folder and left.
Then came back about five minutes later.
They were at the small outside stand of our store, at the further end of the mall that was also selling folders. They found one there that they liked better in design and wanted to return the one they had bought previously from us. Fine and dandy, I did the return thing and they left. I think they may have appeared a third time for something, but I could be wrong... but I know that even my supervisor was getting annoyed by those girls.

I'm torn between finding this funny and finding it annoying. They could've bought the first folder, had they not pointed out the mistake. However, they should've looked around more, to see if there was a design they liked better, before making a purchase. This was a good three years ago, so I hope they have learned by now that they have to stick to their decisions.

C-A

You know, a Mario game!

This story isn't about me, but rather, my cousin. She was going to A&W and she ordered her meal. She then saw the cashier nibbling on the drink cup. The cashier then put her drink in the same cup and gave it to her, expecting her to drink it. She talked to the manager, who told her that that person wouldn't be working there anymore.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

Delicious cupcakes!

Yesterday, a woman came through my line. One of many in a row, of course, since we're a pretty busy store. She seemed fine until she had some trouble figuring out how to make her card go through as credit, and she had to slide it twice due to thinking that the cancel button was the way to change it from debit. It used to be, but we got new machines last December, and it has been a Change Payment button on the screen since then. When she was done, she was complaining that everyone should have the same buttons and things, and I politely stated, "Well, we all have different programmers," to which she responded by saying, "I'm not illiterate! Do I LOOK illiterate?!"

I don't understand what she thought I didn't think she couldn't read, it's not as though we have our programmers' company's name posted on the machine??? I'm sure she misheard me, but geeze..

I guess it's not a big deal but it's recent: I went to a bakery and the attendant were with her hand inside her mouth. Hell, how come someone doesn't have the minimal sense of hygiene and professionalism? I hate being surrounded by people who don't even have the competence to sell snacks. I left the place without second thought and never went back. Now that I remember it, I'm pissed off. C'mon, you're selling food for hundreds of people, how can you put your fucking hand inside of your mouth?
Also, once I went to a self-service restaurant and one woman with a fucking-goddamn-extremely long hair shook her head next to my plate. If I had a scissor at that moment I would've cut all of her hair and her head off too.

...I think I'm one of those angry customers that you mentioned.
How it is to work at Walmart?

Delicious cupcakes!

Ah, I like it a lot, really, but I'm tired of doing the same thing every day and hearing the same stupid questions and phrases constantly, like when people come up to me when I have no line and think they're so clever to say, "You look bored/lonely!" Yes, because ringing out your groceries will bring me endless entertainment and stop my loneliness forever. I'm not here for company and amusement, I'm here to pay for college. And no, you cannot use more than one coupon on one item, and no I will not suddenly change my mind because you get upset about it. And no, I will not give you clearance price on this item someone else set down in the clearance aisle because 'it's the law', because it most certainly is not the law, thank you.

kitsunaii wrote:
Ah, I like it a lot, really, but I'm tired of doing the same thing every day and hearing the same stupid questions and phrases constantly, like when people come up to me when I have no line and think they're so clever to say, "You look bored/lonely!"

I sometimes say something when I approach an empty line's cashier, but I generally go the route of "You look free" ... yes it's redundant to say that because you can see it. But that is what happens when my mother tells me to attempt to be more social and open in public.

I hate it, too, when I see people in a food store and not doing hygenic things. When I was working at subway, I was even told to change my gloves, or wash my hands again if I wasn't wearing gloves, if I used my fingers to lift the cap a bit higher, since it was a size too large.

C-A

You know, a Mario game!

One time I was eating at a restaurant called Jungle Jim's, and my cousin, who I was eating with, started nearly choking. It turns out someone dropped a nickle in her soup. The waitress walked over and simply took the coin and left, without even apologizing or anything. And yes, this is the same cousin I mentioned earlier, poor woman can't catch a break.
My Twitter Account

You know, a Mario game!

One time I was eating at a restaurant called Jungle Jim's, and my cousin, who I was eating with, started nearly choking. It turns out someone dropped a nickle in her soup. The waitress walked over and simply took the coin and left, without even apologizing or anything. And yes, this is the same cousin I mentioned earlier, poor woman can't catch a break.
My Twitter Account

Delicious cupcakes!

How does one... drop a nickel into a soup? Was someone dangling their wallet over the pot? If so, why would they even have their wallet out in the kitchen? There are so many things wrong with that D:

Ultimate Survivor

Retail is the worst...

Though honestly, when it comes to disputes I've seen between employees and customers, I tend to give the benefit of the doubt to the employee. Having worked in retail (at a bookstore that also rented out movies and games), I have encountered way too many people who try to get you to unfairly bend store rules for them or who are just outright rude for no reason. Sure, there are times where employees are not doing what they should and the customer has a right to feel upset or frustrated, but in my own experience many of these problems come from customers feeling over-entitled or not understanding store policies and such. I know, I know: "the customer is always right." Still...

It was even more annoying when a customer would ask me about changing something for them, like getting a late rental fee waived because they didn't properly "understand" our policy. Right. So when I told them that, no, unfortunately you're going to have to pay the late fee, they would ask to speak to the manager. Of course, the manager told them exactly the same thing I did (though maybe in slightly different terms). *sigh*
Now, even if you apologize...I will not forgive you.

I just remembered about a year ago, when I was still working at the cinema. I think I mentioned this exchange in the vent station when it happened. Boy was that woman annoying...

When I was still working at the snack bar, I was always told to hand out bottles of softdrinks, ie Cola, Fanta, etc, that sort of stuff, because most of the time, that is what people wanted. This woman comes up to my part of the register and asks for a Cola, I grab a cooled Cola bottle and asked for the 2,85€ it cost, along with the 25 Cent PET refundable thingy.
She asks me why it costs so much when the sign behind me said it cost only 1,20€ and I told her that was for the small Cola that we gave out in plastic cups. Then we get into an argument that she wanted that and not the bottle, although she had simply said "A cola" and didn't specify "a small Cola" which I would have known to mean the small cup and not the bottle.
So we go back and forth and she wants her money back and give the bottle back because it's not what she wants and yadda, yadda, although I told her that the Cola was already registered into the cash register and a refund would've taken time, especially since a line was behind her.
Not a bit one, but still a good handful of people all wanting something. Finally, my colleague gave her two small plastic cups so she could divide the cola into two cups and share it with her husband and sent her off. My god, woman, you need to specify.

C-A

You know, a Mario game!

This doesn't have directly to do with me, but in a store a few kilometers from where I live, a man was caught crawling across the ground trying to look up the cashier's skirt! This happened a few years ago, and sense then there's been a bylaw in that area that customer service personnel must wear pants.
My Twitter Account
Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices