Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 35 of 39[ 1554 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

The Mechanic wrote:
Phoenix_Wrong wrote:
The Mechanic wrote:
People on Tumblr saying all men are pigs and rapist. Listen people just because I have a Gumshoe between my legs dosn't mean I'm a rapist or a pervert! These Tumblr people are giving Feminism a bad name by hating on men. First of all isn't Feminism supposed to be made for equality not elitism? This is just like minorities being racist to other people. I'v seen multiple videos of SJWs and Black Kights saying all white men must die. Well screw you for hating on me for looking like this. I didn't choose what I look like! This makes me want to die so much sometimes.

The majority of people on Tumblr are scum. They feel as if they're entitled to stuff by now. And don't wish for yourself to die. That's what they want! Self-righteous whales...

I agree all these quote on quote feminist probably all live in their moms basement. They all try to hard to be hipster by dying their hair and wearing fake glasses. They think they are oppressed? Please people in Saudi Arabia are oppressed not you wannabe!

Feel we are getting into a bit of a hate cycle here.

:Hoboright: Let's take a moment to think that there are real people on tumblr and much like you correctly state not all men are monsters, not all tumblr people are as bad as you describe. If a community gets a reputation for being so severe as tumblr does then yeah it might draw some likeminded people who identify with that group but that's not to say all people do. There will be plenty of tumblr folks who think that extremists give tumblr a bad name.

Even if you do come up against someone like that, probably best to stay calm and not judge them too harshly. Building barriers such as "all tumblr are scum" is a logical fallacy and will ruin any chance there is to repair the rift and eventually solve the problem.

I wasn't the one hating Tumblr it was Phoenix_Wrong. I actually quite like Tumblr's ask blogs and art blogs. I think out of all of Tumblr the most evil fanbase is for Steven Universe. Sorry for not clarifying about Tumblr. Tumblr is not completely bad just sorta. Even then there's not that many feminist on Tumblr but I could be wrong.

Yeah I guess I came off as too cynical since I myself had some really bad experiences on there. I have nothing against the site itself as I like some of the stuff there like the fandoms and fan art, and I do know that there are good people who use it, but the bad people overshadow the good because of the obnoxiousness. It was never my intention to start a hate cycle.

Ace Procrastinator

Phoenix_Wrong wrote:
Yeah I guess I came off as too cynical since I myself had some really bad experiences on there. I have nothing against the site itself as I like some of the stuff there like the fandoms and fan art, and I do know that there are good people who use it, but the bad people overshadow the good because of the obnoxiousness. It was never my intention to start a hate cycle.

Yeah I'm not a fan of tumblr mainly because of all the political correct stuff a lot of users(Not all) like to pull. But I am a fan of their ask blogs :will:

Phoenix_Wrong wrote:

I know it probably wasn't but I don't think you should classify something as bad as a whole just because of some people. Just look at Bronies they are a nice fandom but because of creepy people everyone hates them. Trust me I used to be a Brony I would know. The same thing happens to Furries, everyone thinks they're pedophiles in animal suits but they aren't that's only a small fraction of them.

You know what really grinds my gears? The people who think that they're smarter than you just because they have better grades Congrats you have good grades, but that doesn't mean you should rub it in. A 97 isn't drastically better than a 93. We as human beings are all different, and just because some of us don't get as high grades as you, doesn't mean we're neanderthals. You focus on your grades, and I'll focus on mine.

edgey_poo wrote:
You know what really grinds my gears? The people who think that they're smarter than you just because they have better grades Congrats you have good grades, but that doesn't mean you should rub it in. A 97 isn't drastically better than a 93. We as human beings are all different, and just because some of us don't get as high grades as you, doesn't mean we're neanderthals. You focus on your grades, and I'll focus on mine.

To quote two very great people:

"Don't compare yourself with anyone else in this world...if you do so you are insulting yourself." -Bill Gates

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has it's own reason for existing. Anyone who has never made a misteak has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein

Happy Maria

I've always found Tumblr's layout rather confusing,actually. You can't just comment on a post saying lol or whatever,you have to reboot it on your blog and make everyone see the whole post before they see 'lol'.

Southern Corn wrote:
I've always found Tumblr's layout rather confusing,actually. You can't just comment on a post saying lol or whatever,you have to reboot it on your blog and make everyone see the whole post before they see 'lol'.

I know right it dosn't make any sense and it bugs the crap outta me. They need to implement a better comment system soon or I won't use it all anymore!

The Mechanic wrote:
Well screw you for hating on me for looking like this. I didn't choose what I look like! This makes me want to die so much sometimes.

Best reply: did you choose to be the skin color you are? No? Then shut the fuck up, neither did I. I never do understand it when people say they think that not-white people can't be racist. They can be just as racist as whites, and even worse.

Quote:
Like this bartender probably has a cold, sneezing and handing me a drink. I really would prefer she slapped me across the face with all her strenght, it would be more polite and save me some suffering.

I go to work with a sneeze - not cause I'm rude, but because there aren't many times where I don't sneeze. It's not cause I'm sick, it could be dust in the air and such. Why don't sick employees just wear a mask over their mouth and nose at work? They don't have a sick day, but they lower the risk of infecting someone else.

C-A

The cape is self-fluttering

Southern Corn wrote:

Technically you can comment if you've subscribed to the blog long enough, and if you're commenting from your dashboard. And I think the owner of the blog had to enable comments, but a while ago commenting was eliminated and then brought back, so I'm not sure if this is still the case.

But I agree the whole setup is terrible, especially if you're subscribed to many blogs.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Trainer Gold - Johto Champion.

One word: Hayfever

Hayfever allergies are dumb! I don't see why the body had to kill itself just because of a little pollen! My nose gets so blocked that I have to breathe through my mouth. Now my nose has been so traumatised by blowing it and sticking tissues in it that it is bleeding - quite a lot!

Allergies, in general are just stupid! Why is it that the body can survive traumatising injuries, sicknesses, etc. etc. but can't stand something as simple as peanuts? I'm glad I don't have food allergies!
To all the creepypastas, Romans, etc.
http://pa1.narvii.com/5806/85074bd75bdf ... 9d1_hq.gif
YOU JUST MESSED WITH THE WRONG PERSON!!!

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

I've become a DeviantArt member! Link to my DeviantArt Here:
http://articuno32.deviantart.com/

Student678 wrote:

Hayfever allergies are dumb! I don't see why the body had to kill itself just because of a little pollen! My nose gets so blocked that I have to breathe through my mouth. Now my nose has been so traumatised by blowing it and sticking tissues in it that it is bleeding - quite a lot!

Allergies, in general are just stupid! Why is it that the body can survive traumatising injuries, sicknesses, etc. etc. but can't stand something as simple as peanuts? I'm glad I don't have food allergies!

My allergy of ragweed is bad too. When it's Spring or Fall I sneeze like crazy and I have a crazy bad sore throat. My noes gets clogged and I can't sleep because of it. My eyes get watery and basically I feel like I'm being tortured. Luckily if I take medicine early enough I won't feel the symptoms as bad.

The Mechanic wrote:
Student678 wrote:

My allergy of ragweed is bad too. When it's Spring or Fall I sneeze like crazy and I have a crazy bad sore throat. My noes gets clogged and I can't sleep because of it. My eyes get watery and basically I feel like I'm being tortured. Luckily if I take medicine early enough I won't feel the symptoms as bad.

Uuuurrrrrgggghh! I was late to school today because of my hayfever!!!! I swear that today it's going to kill me! It's made worse by the fact I live in a town filled with crappy coal dust! I just hope you're faring better than I am!
*dies*
.....Alright... maybe a little hyperbolic but you should know what I mean.

EDIT: To sum it all up... I. Hate. Hayfever.

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

Why does the PS4 and the Xbox One force you to be online? You know in 20 years that will make the consoles just plastic paperweights right? These companies need to know people collect video games and that people like to replay games from their childhood but if the consoles force you to be online you can't relive it. I mean they can't keep the servers on forever.

Gettin' Old!

The Mechanic wrote:
Why does the PS4 and the Xbox One force you to be online? You know in 20 years that will make the consoles just plastic paperweights right? These companies need to know people collect video games and that people like to replay games from their childhood but if the consoles force you to be online you can't relive it. I mean they can't keep the servers on forever.

Do they? I thought they took that out of the Xbox1 due to massive backlash.

Also I can play my PS4 without the internet. Its pretty hindered at times but in disc stuff works fine.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

When able-bodied people press the wheelchair button to open doors. Exercise those noodle arms!

MBr wrote:
When able-bodied people press the wheelchair button to open doors. Exercise those noodle arms!

I think people do that because they're lazy. I mean I quess it makes sense If they're crippled and/or old.

Speaking of which I can't stand seeing people who obviously don't need those scooters still using them and not walking around at Walmart. How lazy can you be? Also those scooters are made for people with disability's not for some guy who is to lazy to walk. Well that's how it works at my Walmart I don't know If other Walmarts have the same problem.

Last edited by ZoomBoom124 on Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

For the record, I use the door button when it's available because don't like to touch the door handle when only God knows how many other people have touched it and how many of those people don't wash their hands after using the bathroom.

Which, incidentally, is something that really grinds my gears.

TheDoctor wrote:
For the record, I use the door button when it's available because don't like to touch the door handle when only God knows how many other people have touched it and how many of those people don't wash their hands after using the bathroom.

When I go to a restraunt and I'm done using the bathroom after I'm done washing my hands I pull my shirt sleeve over my hand so I don't have to touch the handle. I use my elbow on push doors so it's easier And faster.

MBr wrote:

To be fair, some of those people might have arm or hand related problems (carpal tunnel, arthritis, etc). Not every disability is an obvious one.

TheDoctor wrote:

People who don't wash their hands after taking a shit deserve a place next to the folks who hover above the toilet seat and don't wipe what they left behind. May they both fall into a toilet while squatting in their best evening wear!

If you're concerned about germs though, as long as you wash your hands before you touch your face or anything you eat/drink, you should be good.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Ace Procrastinator

Jean Descole wrote:
People who don't wash their hands after taking a shit deserve a place next to the folks who hover above the toilet seat and don't wipe what they left behind. May they both fall into a toilet while squatting in their best evening wear!

If you're concerned about germs though, as long as you wash your hands before you touch your face or anything you eat/drink, you should be good.

It's because of people like this, that I despise public restrooms. It's even worse when it happens inside a restaurant

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

...or a buffet.

TheDoctor wrote:
...or a buffet.

I find buffets really really gross. Like most of the food has probably been touched by other people who are not the chefs. Also the food is always on the floor and it looks really gross and greasy. Most of the time kids are screaming and crying. Don't even get me started about the bathrooms.

TheDoctor wrote:

Jean Descole wrote:

I wash my hands literally 20 times a day. I think my hands will probably look like prunes by the time I'm 40. I am obsessed with hand hygiene, I have always been a hypochondriac, and one of my top 10 goals in life is to avoid getting sick and being clean. If I'm in a place and I hear a cough, it makes me uncomfortable. First thing I do when I get home, wash my hands. I wash them before and after everything. EXCEPT after using a public restroom.

Here is my reasoning:

That place is a cesspit. My hands won't touch anything they don't have to. My hands never actually touch anything in the bathroom, other than myself... I won't even use my hands to open the door if possible, I'll use my shoulder or forearm. I won't ever flush a toilet with my hands either, I use my foot (seriously). Anyway, after you wash your hands and use that paper towel or hand dry thing, you'll be touching again something trillions of people have touched. So, I don't touch anything. Cause even if I wash my hands, I'll have to dry them or turn off the sink. Or touch something else immediately. So it is pointless. I just got infected again.

I will wash my hands after the bathroom when I'm at home though. Not in a public place. Hell no. I'm not touching anything in that bathroom.

People joking about Satanism in a church or a Christian/Catholic school! It's just wrong! Can't they take their Satanism jokes elsewhere?

In other words: If you are going to tell a joke, don't tell it in front of an audience you're likely to offend!

Happy Maria

No one should talk about religion or politics in any public place IMO.

Gettin' Old!

Southern Corn wrote:
No one should talk about religion or politics in any public place IMO.

I'd argue the very nature of politics should be something that needs publicly discussed since it by and large is about the public.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

dangerousoffender wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:

Jean Descole wrote:

I wash my hands literally 20 times a day. I think my hands will probably look like prunes by the time I'm 40. I am obsessed with hand hygiene, I have always been a hypochondriac, and one of my top 10 goals in life is to avoid getting sick and being clean. If I'm in a place and I hear a cough, it makes me uncomfortable. First thing I do when I get home, wash my hands. I wash them before and after everything. EXCEPT after using a public restroom.

Here is my reasoning:

That place is a cesspit. My hands won't touch anything they don't have to. My hands never actually touch anything in the bathroom, other than myself... I won't even use my hands to open the door if possible, I'll use my shoulder or forearm. I won't ever flush a toilet with my hands either, I use my foot (seriously). Anyway, after you wash your hands and use that paper towel or hand dry thing, you'll be touching again something trillions of people have touched. So, I don't touch anything. Cause even if I wash my hands, I'll have to dry them or turn off the sink. Or touch something else immediately. So it is pointless. I just got infected again.

I will wash my hands after the bathroom when I'm at home though. Not in a public place. Hell no. I'm not touching anything in that bathroom.

I hate you tell you this, but if that's your reasoning, then there's no point in going to a public restroom at all. Surfaces are not the only place that germs linger; every time someone coughs, sneezes, or flushes a toilet, germs become airborne, so you're breathing those as well. Even if you don't breathe them in, germs can still transfer to you.

Since you're not dead from breathing toilet germs, you can probably take that as a sign that it's safe to sit down.

...NAILED IT

Gettin' Old!

Also cleaning schedules.

However you are free to distrust those if you like. I would hope if you were in an automatic hands free bathroom (soap, water, flushing are all sensor activated) then you would still use them.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Restaraunt restrooms have eternally scarred me. Once,I needed to go to the bathroom,but then someone...er,messed it up,and I had to travel back home and use the restroom and then come back to eat.

Yeah,thanks,restaurant Empire

Happy Maria

Also,where I live,people don't usually use toilet paper to clean themselves :hotti: so maybe I'm too used to this to really get you?

this is not an exaggeration folks

Southern Corn wrote:
Also,where I live,people don't usually use toilet paper to clean themselves :hotti: so maybe I'm too used to this to really get you?

I can't decide if toilet talk + the username Southern Corn is the worst combination ever, or the best combination ever. :moe:

...NAILED IT

Happy Maria

Jean Descole wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:

I can't decide if toilet talk + the username Southern Corn is the worst combination ever, or the best combination ever. :moe:

:hotti:

In Justice We Trust

You know what really grinds my gears? People who accuse me of hating our country just because I disagree with them politically.

I can see the path a person's thinking would take to reach that incorrect conclusion and can understand why it happens, but that doesn't make it any less annoying. My understanding is that it works like this:
  • I love our country.
  • Since I love our country, I only support policies that are good for it.
    • Not necessarily. Believing a policy to be good for our country does not make it so. It's certainly possible that the policies you support are good for our country, but it's also possible that they're actually bad for our country and you're mistaken about their benefits (or lack thereof).
  • Since my support for these policies is because of my patriotism, anyone else who loves this country supports the same policies as I do.
    • This assumes that all well-meaning individuals see things the exact same way you do. It also assumes that your perception of things is the correct way to see things. The former is incorrect and the latter is almost impossible to prove.
  • Since the policies I support are good for this country, anyone who opposes those policies supports policies that are bad for this country.
    • This builds off of your previous flawed assumptions. Someone who loves this country, but sees things differently than you do, would support different policies out of the same love for our country that you have.
  • Only someone who hates our country would support policies that are bad for it.
    • Only someone who hates our country would knowingly support policies that are bad for it. Building off of my previous counterpoint, it is perfectly plausible that someone could, believing a policy to be helpful, support a policy that is actually bad for our country. You are assuming that your position is objectively the correct one and that it's one that everyone can see is the correct position. While it's possible that the former is true, the latter is not.
  • Therefore, anyone who disagrees with me hates our country.

The purple person's logic is flawed in several areas, as I have pointed out in the green text. The leaps of logic are quite simple, so the flaws therein are easy to miss if you're not one to question your own assumptions.

I think of political disagreements like this: The two sides are an interfaith couple. Their child is their country. Both of them love their child very much and want what they believe to be best for said child. Dad believes his religion is the correct one and Mom's religion to be a false religion. Therefore, he wants the child to be raised to follow his religion. Mom believes her religion is the correct one and Dad's religion to be a false religion. Therefore, she wants the child to be raised to follow her religion. If both follow a religion that says nonbelievers are punished in the next world, then it's even more understandable that the child's religious upbringing would be a point of disagreement between the parents, as both believe they are protecting their child from damnation. Neither parent hates their child, but due to their religious differences, each believes the other is inadvertently leading the child down a dangerous path.

I don't doubt that the overwhelming majority of the people who disagree with me politically legitimately love our country and believe that the policies they support are good for it. I disagree with them because I, too, love our country and that I believe the policies in question will do more harm than good for our country, not because I wish harm upon our country.
I'll always love you, Max.

Happy Maria

I really hate having colds. It barely lets me sleep at night,and I have to get up frequently in the morning just to take my pills.

Ace Gamer

You know what grinds my gears?

People who act like they're better than other people on the internet.
Currently Playing: Case 5-5

Do you want to know where an instrument sample that was used in Ace Attorney music was sampled from? Check out my VGM Instrument Source Table!

Happy Maria

I dislike elitists in general.

I have Aspergers meaning its hard for me to work and think without being distracted. Anyway when I was In regular School, (I'm homeschooled now.) I was in special education because of it. I hated it because I was good in stuff other than PE and Math. They always took me out of my class and treated me like I was "Mentally Retarted" even though I clearly wasn't. Other kids taught me like that too because the teachers told them I have a disorder. Basically regular school was hell for me. They even gave me more homework because they thought I was dumb and I needed to learn a crap ton. They also made me sit in class with "helpers" to help me learn! In 5th grade I had enough and I told my mom about the unequality I was being given just because I was born with a disorder, and she started to homeschool me. It's not the same but hey at least I'm treated like a human being and not a dog. Did anyone else have to deal with this crap? I wish in the future Schools would teach disabled kids the same way they teach regular kids.

Happy Maria

For some reason,I never really had that much trouble in middle or high school. I dunno. Maybe I was so introverted that no one cared about me. Or maybe your school sucks. I dunno.
Page 35 of 39 [ 1554 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices