Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 26 of 39[ 1554 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 39  Next

Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title

ob9410 wrote:
You know what really grinds my gears? People who say children's opinions are foolish because they're "so young".
I mean age has no bearing on intelligence, so stop pretending it does.

Depends on what the kid's opinion is, I might take it seriously or ignore it. Fact is, kids ARE stupid, not just because their brain is not fully developed yet, but also because they lack the experience and long-term knowledge on what would be good or bad. Also, kids see the world in Black and White. (Which is why I hate that one guy's song, "the world is so complicated, till we see it from a child's eyes" or something. Dipshit, OF COURSE, the world is simple to kids! They have no gray shades! They have Black - you took my toy, you jerk, I'll hit you - and White - you're nice to me, I like you.)

For example, I would've ignored my own opinion when I was a kid.

C-A

Great Revival

Okay, I guess my opinions are stupid...

ob9410 wrote:

Maybe our definition of "kids/children" is different. For me, that's anyone from birth to, maybe, age 16.

C-A

Great Revival

CatMuto wrote:
ob9410 wrote:

Maybe our definition of "kids/children" is different. For me, that's anyone from birth to, maybe, age 16.

C-A

And I am a child. Heh...

High level play

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Quote:
You know what really grinds my gears? Those organizations that want your money donations and their aggressive attempts to get your attention.

My girlfriend calls them "Chuggers" (Charity Muggers).

In the end they have my sympathy, I know they are working for a good cause and have no choice but to seek out donations like that and probably get a tonne of abuse for what they do. Still I know I can't donate any more in my financial situation.

I know. I do admire them a bit for having the nerve to go up to so many strangers and try, and often get ignored, to talk to them.

It's just... if I had enough money to spend on whatever I want, but also have enough to waste on extra stuff, I probably would donate. But I would still not like the chuggers. After all, a donation is something you give? This just makes it seem like I am forced to do it.

C-A

Maybe it helps when you think that the 'chuggers' don't harass you because they are overly obtrusive people, but the big charity companies behind them train them to do so. Since it's a hit and miss game for these people marketing dictates that a fast direct approach obtains the best results. Ergo if you think it's impolite to tell a 'chugger' to go away (or something similar) just imagine that somewhere, you can stick it to some CEO that sends his employees out to get you.
Not to say I don't give to charity, but I prefer to reach out to them on my own terms.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Sjibbey wrote:
Maybe it helps when you think that the 'chuggers' don't harass you because they are overly obtrusive people, but the big charity companies behind them train them to do so. Since it's a hit and miss game for these people marketing dictates that a fast direct approach obtains the best results. Ergo if you think it's impolite to tell a 'chugger' to go away (or something similar) just imagine that somewhere, you can stick it to some CEO that sends his employees out to get you.

I hate the idea of yelling or being impolite to a lower employee because their supervisors are idiots who have lost all sense of contact with reality.

C-A

Do you see the black one...or the white?

I don't dismiss kids opinions, no matter their age. Fact is, you'll have some that are smarter than others, same with adults. Thing is though, you can't invalidate what their thoughts are based on age. Say they lack experience? Some might have grown up in environments where they may be forced to grow up a whole lot earlier than others.

Extreme example, but would you be willing to tell me that a child who is forced to raise their younger siblings because their dad walked out on them and their mom is never home stupid? To be perfectly honest, I'm sure there are children out there who have had experiences that I haven't had or can never have. Like I'm sure there are children out there that have experienced the loss of a parent whereas I haven't. Should I dismiss what they have to say about that because of their age?

Yeah, there are children that I will dismiss their thoughts on because they may be some immature statements. But one thing I've learned from dealing with children is age is not going to affect maturity or experiences. Sure, adults usually have more because they've lived longer, but children can be validated for their thoughts too. And opinions are, 99% of the time, going to come from experiences.

And if I'm going to be frank here, like with some kids, I will dismiss some opinions from adults as well if they're coming across as immature or whiny.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Well said.

Being a kid generally disqualifies you to talk about some subjects, e.g. relationships, work, etc. What opinion could a kid give on those subjects? They require certain degree of experience. The average child doesn't know about that. It's difficult to take children seriously when they are talking about things they haven't fully experienced.

That being said, I agree that some people develop their logical reasoning earlier than others. You can't treat every kid as if they were the same. I know 12-14 year olds who are more mature than some people my age in a lot of ways. If the kid is giving opinion on some random subject, I'll listen to it and measure the merit of the argument based on how much it makes sense.

Alexander James

Oh, I'm enjoying this.
Another ageism debate.
If all of them are happy, then I shall be happy too.

The end of nonsense is near.

You know what really grinds my gears?
This Japanese idea that seems to be ingrained into them that men have to protect women.

A woman obviously can't do things on her own. There must always be a man there, who can 'protect' her. I know, I know, different culture, but it's just one of those little things that I can't stand when I come across it in a manga. Especially if it's said about a woman or girl who seems perfectly fine with doing things on her own and not needing any protection from someone else. Re-reading 7 Seeds, Aramaki says he'll protect Hana... strangely enough, he doesn't seem to think AYU needs protection, and he's been travelling with her about as long as he has been with Hana off and on! What, just because Ayu can keep up with a man, because she was raised and trained to withstand things, she's fine with not needing protection? And Hana, who had a less severe way of being raised like Ayu, DOES need protection?

Or is he saying he'll protect her in Arashi's stead, her boyfriend, until the two of them meet up? Same problem, really, it's been proven that Hana can take care of herself. (Unless she has that problem where she doesn't know when to shut her fucking mouth and then gets hit or almost-raped) Especially Arashi's idea that he has to protect Hana, when he found out about the almost-rape. "I must kill you for doing that!" the hell kind of idea is that? Hey, I'm all for the idea or fantasy of killing the person who raped you, but HANA IS FINE, Arashi! She was not raped, she had a good cry about it and... what does it matter if there's no apology? WHY WOULD ANYONE FORGIVE THEIR (ALMOST)-RAPIST FOR ALMOST RAPING THEM?! You're an idiot for thinking you can even apologize about that!

I digressed... but my protect point still stands.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

That's a Japanese idea?

Here I thought that originated in Europe with Mediaeval Chivalry and Knight Codes and all that.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
That's a Japanese idea?

Here I thought that originated in Europe with Mediaeval Chivalry and Knight Codes and all that.

I dunno, I've seen it more in Japanese media. Especially always with LOTS of emphasis put on it when the man says he'll protect the chick. Like, remember in FFX when Yuna says "I love you" in the English version but says "Thank You" in the Japanese one? Emphasis like that. Like, it's totally a big moment when they say it.

C-A

earthlings on fire

I think it's one of those ideas that come up in a lot of different cultures. I don't like it either, though, and I know what you mean about it being really prevalent in manga.

I especially hate it when you've got these women who are totally fine and capable but they meet some guy and THEN turn all mushy and useless. Sometimes it's not even when they meet a potential lover, it's just when the plot demands a man save them (read:Zelda in OoT. SHE WAS SHEIK!! She shouldn't be helpless!)
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

Cravat of Doom wrote:
I think it's one of those ideas that come up in a lot of different cultures. I don't like it either, though, and I know what you mean about it being really prevalent in manga.

I especially hate it when you've got these women who are totally fine and capable but they meet some guy and THEN turn all mushy and useless. Sometimes it's not even when they meet a potential lover, it's just when the plot demands a man save them (read:Zelda in OoT. SHE WAS SHEIK!! She shouldn't be helpless!)

That reminds me of that manga... what was its name, again? Oh, yeah, Kaichou Wa Maid-Sama. The girl is so "strong and independent", until her love interest magically shows up... and then the story just focuses on how "cuuute" it is when she is vulnerable in front of the guy.

Cravat of Doom wrote:
(read:Zelda in OoT. SHE WAS SHEIK!! She shouldn't be helpless!)

Well, once Zelda dons a skirt again, she's as helpless as a doormat. Maybe that's why the Hyrule Warriors Zelda is so freaking useful. She wore pants. Hot Pants, sure, but pants nonetheless.

Quote:
That reminds me of that manga... what was its name, again? Oh, yeah, Kaichou Wa Maid-Sama. The girl is so "strong and independent", until her love interest magically shows up... and then the story just focuses on how "cuuute" it is when she is vulnerable in front of the guy.

Uuuuuuuuuurgh, I tried reading that manga. Strong female lead? Sweet. She's kind of obnoxious with her "MEN SUCK AND WE GIRLS DEMAND MORE IN THE SCHOOL THAT WAS JUST MADE CO-ED!" and I do not think her dad leaving her family in debt before running off (or did he die, I forget) is an appropriate excuse. But she works in a maid café. Well, okay. Sometimes, you gotta take sucky jobs. If you are attending the type of Japanese high school that allows part-time working.

Then the dude arrives! Oh horrors, he will tell EVERYONE I work here and... that's horrible, how? You will treat the customers as you usually do and continue to be the Mega Bitch outside of work. Two different things, after all. And then she needs rescuing... you know, for a girl who seems to hate men, I sure was surprised to learn she DIDN'T learn any self-defense stuff and would learn to shut her mouth when necessary.

I'm not the one to say "Women need to shut up", though I am saying it about Maid-sama up there and Hana. Specifically, I am saying "Shut up or you will get into a lot of physical pain". Just... WHERE'S THE INTUITIONALY SURVIVAL INSTINCT IN THEM!? Hey! This person looks like they wanna kill me if I bug them too much - better go bug them and be a bitch and GLARE at them! Holy fuck, you are ACTUALLY gonna hurt me? That's so meeeeeeeeeeeean! :sadshoe:

I'd rather have Natsu back as the main focus. Yeah, she's painfully shy, but she DEVELOPED. She changed and improved! Hana... is still the same, only she cut her hair, which is growing back. Joy.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:

Uuuuuuuuuurgh, I tried reading that manga. Strong female lead? Sweet. She's kind of obnoxious with her "MEN SUCK AND WE GIRLS DEMAND MORE IN THE SCHOOL THAT WAS JUST MADE CO-ED!" and I do not think her dad leaving her family in debt before running off (or did he die, I forget) is an appropriate excuse. But she works in a maid café. Well, okay. Sometimes, you gotta take sucky jobs. If you are attending the type of Japanese high school that allows part-time working.

Then the dude arrives! Oh horrors, he will tell EVERYONE I work here and... that's horrible, how? You will treat the customers as you usually do and continue to be the Mega Bitch outside of work. Two different things, after all. And then she needs rescuing... you know, for a girl who seems to hate men, I sure was surprised to learn she DIDN'T learn any self-defense stuff and would learn to shut her mouth when necessary.

I'm not the one to say "Women need to shut up", though I am saying it about Maid-sama up there and Hana. Specifically, I am saying "Shut up or you will get into a lot of physical pain". Just... WHERE'S THE INTUITIONALY SURVIVAL INSTINCT IN THEM!? Hey! This person looks like they wanna kill me if I bug them too much - better go bug them and be a bitch and GLARE at them! Holy fuck, you are ACTUALLY gonna hurt me? That's so meeeeeeeeeeeean! :sadshoe:

I'd rather have Natsu back as the main focus. Yeah, she's painfully shy, but she DEVELOPED. She changed and improved! Hana... is still the same, only she cut her hair, which is growing back. Joy.

C-A

The thing I don't like about this kind of character is that they are only "superficially" strong. The author portrays them as tough, independent and shit, just to make them look vulnerable in some key moments in the story. 90% of their personality is defined by them trying to hide vulnerability or struggling with it. It was something I noticed quickly when I started reading manga, lol. Tsunderes, tsunderes everywhere. Why can't a female character simply be a hardass, period? Without this "she's-tough-cuz-she's-wearihg-a-psychological-mask" BS.

And yeah, this manga is really, really bad. The guy doesn't even have a personality. As far as I can recall, he is characterized by being hot, rich, and perfect. Mr. Perfect Guy suddenly falls in love with the poor girl who is overloaded with work, and turns out be the solution to all her problems. How convenient, lol.

Winter Flag Trademark

dangerousoffender wrote:
And yeah, this manga is really, really bad. The guy doesn't even have a personality. As far as I can recall, he is characterized by being hot, rich, and perfect. Mr. Perfect Guy suddenly falls in love with the poor girl who is overloaded with work, and turns out be the solution to all her problems. How convenient, lol.

For the mangaka, this was a perfect excuse to make a "perfect" romantic manga.

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

Patchouli Knowledge wrote:
dangerousoffender wrote:

For the mangaka, this was a perfect excuse to make a "perfect" romantic manga.

Sounds like Twilight and 50 Shades, both having "perfect" romances and "perfect" boyfriends. Cause the perfect boyfriend is verbally and physically, as well as sexually, abusive to you and you lap it up because you're a stupid woman.
I think Family Guy said it best.

Yeah, I have a character who puts on a tough exterior in bigger situations, but was actually scared as anything at the time. But that's because it's an honest environment where you need to be tough in situations, if you are too weak, you'll die.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

To play devils advocate for a moment:

Inferiority complexes and overcompensation are a legit thing. People resort to overcompensation as a defence mechanism for a perceived inferiority or weakness. So I can't say there's anything inherently wrong on the surface with that portrayal. It might be a very common trope but it's not an implausible trope.

The question for me is why is it so common?
If they did make a character who was just a hardass they'd just be one dimentional with no room for growth, like Duke Nukem. They wouldn't have an arc, they'd be less of a character and more of a plot tool to achieve a specific thing.

Writer: Right let's bring in "the badass" now to make everyone else look worse by comparison.

Let's bring in "the badass" so that other people can be inspired by them.

Let's bring in "the badass" so that they can waste this villain with ease and make the reader go "hell yeah!!"

There's not anything really wrong with these moments or uses of a character. I just don't feel it works for a main character because I feel they get reduced to a tool.

I just wonder why they opt to go for overcompensation for weakness" as the way to give characters more depth so often. Perhaps simple viewer popularity? Tried and tested tropes an audience is familiar with and appreciates?

Perhaps to coincide with social norms they opt for this to better pander to a male demographic? To prevent male readers from feeling alienated or emasculated by the character they make her "weak" behind the mask. So the readers can enjoy the badass character while still feeling comfortable with a "weak and feminine" trope?

Just spitballin'
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Lara Croft is like the female version of Duke Nukem. No weaknesses from what I hear - and we will ignore this reboot, which made Lara (who is now apparently called Laura because they PRONOUNCE Lara as Laura - It's Lara! LAH-RAH!) look like Aerith to me... which, I think, actually went the opposite way and made her look like a wimp in the beginning and then she turns badass rather fast.

I don't mind it if a character appears weak or scared. If the situation really calls for it, or is the type of situation where not being scared actually feels weird... As someone actually said in a comment I read recently. I believe it was explaining the difference between being Scared/Fear, Fearless and Brave.

Being scared is normal.

Being fearless can actually backfire horribly by making a character look boring or snoobish because, pfffsh, that huge dragon is nothing to be scared of. It might work if the character is EXPLAINED to be fearless because... a mental defect? Being tough for so long that they 'forgot' how to be afraid? (I personally have to think of Fairly Odd Parents where Timmy got rid of all of his emotions. People loved him cause he was 'cool' but he actually looked very bored because... he has no fear, so he has no feeling of accomplishment or elation when he conquers something he was afraid of. He also has no joy.)

Being brave is when you face whatever it is you're afraid of, because you know you've got to and you know that being scared is okay.

With the fearless example, it definitely makes a character feel weird because it just seems odd for someone to not be afraid. Actually, having a character who honestly IS fearless is boring because... well, they never get excited, positively or negatively, about any danger, so it never gives any inclination for the reader to feel anything. Big dragon? Yeah, whatever. Fell down a long slope and it's dark, with no idea how to get back? Eh, nothing to be worried about.

If someone is playing at being brave or fearless, but is actually shaking in their boots... I don't mind it that much. Just weakness, with a desire to BE stronger coming through.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

Err I wouldn't really say Lara is a female Duke Nukem. Sure they both use guns and were the epitome of sexualised men and women at the time but that's where it ends for Duke. Lara is curious and an academic and can think her way through a problem in addition to blasting her way through it. Duke really only relies on the force method or the excessive force method.

Though yeah the lack of pain or fear is a pretty serious mental disability. There's horrific stories of people who have been horribly burned touching a stove or a radiator because they have no sensation of pain and no idea its bad for them.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You know, a Mario game!

Pierre wrote:
Err I wouldn't really say Lara is a female Duke Nukem. Sure they both use guns and were the epitome of sexualised men and women at the time but that's where it ends for Duke. Lara is curious and an academic and can think her way through a problem in addition to blasting her way through it. Duke really only relies on the force method or the excessive force method.

Though yeah the lack of pain or fear is a pretty serious mental disability. There's horrific stories of people who have been horribly burned touching a stove or a radiator because they have no sensation of pain and no idea its bad for them.

I'd say that Nathan Drake is more like the counterpart to Lara Croft. They're both adventuring, Indiana Jones-esque types who get into the worst situations but always find a way to get out of it. I don't really think Duke Nukem really has a female counterpart. The closest I can think of is Bayonetta, but she shares more in common with Dante.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

You know what grinds my gears? These romances in fiction that seem to run ahead more miles than they can take.

Know each other for about 4 months, where you've been dating for only 1 month? Ask your girlfriend, who doesn't speak a foreign language, to follow you to your YEAR-LONG STUDY ABROAD to the country, of which she doesn't speak the language. Then, when properly told "The hell, dude, we've been dating for only a month, I can't just up and leave the country to follow you.", well, better ask her to marry you, at the airport, just before you leave.

Oh, sure, you don't mean get married right away, since you're both minors, even if you live in a country where minors can get married, as long as both parents on each side agree to it. That totally makes that decision fine, after all.

NO!! You are minors, you are each other's first lover and ONE of you will be GONE FOR YEARS until graduation! Fuck it, without proper communication for those years, let's get married when I come back! It'll be fun, right? AND YOU STILL HAVE ONLY BEEN DATING FOR ONE MONTH!!

ONE! MONTH! AND YOU WANNA GET MARRIED! You haven't even worked out the kinks of the beginning phase of your relationship! GAWD!! :fire:

C-A

Winter Flag Trademark

Do you think you would be able to write a perfectly flawless romance fiction? It looks as if every single thing used in these "Love-Fics" grind your gear.

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

In Justice We Trust

I'm left wondering just how well a story about a realistic relationship would sell.
I'll always love you, Max.

General Luigi wrote:
I'm left wondering just how well a story about a realistic relationship would sell.

I honestly don't think it would. It's just my opinion, but I think romance novels and such sell so well because they exaggerate fantasies and relationships that some people wish they could have. It excites them. Just like with normal fantasies, I see it as a way of escape from boring, everyday life, just more of a romanticized point of view. I don't think realism would do well because these novels are more of an escape which is enticing and I don't think they'd like to be reminded of a more grounded, boring reality.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Do you think you would be able to write a perfectly flawless romance fiction? It looks as if every single thing used in these "Love-Fics" grind your gear.

Considering my Shoujo Deconstruct basically revolves around all those Love-Tropes and smashing them to the ground, I'd say yes. :ron:

Quote:

Considering how weird real life can be at times, I think it would make things hilarious.

Quote:
I don't think realism would do well because these novels are more of an escape which is enticing and I don't think they'd like to be reminded of a more grounded, boring reality.

Re:Above how weird life is at times.
And, at the very least, I think it would work. Showing how a relationship comes to happen, as well as showing the work that goes into it, after you've gotten past the "honeymoon" phase. Especially get rid of this stupid "I saw him/her talking with another girl/guy! I MUST SHUN HIM AND BE A TOTALLY AGGRESSIVE BITCH NOW!!" idea. Or when friends tell you something about your lover, and you immediately believe it, no matter how stupid it sounds.
You know, show some goddamn communication in relationships.

Or are you telling me people honestly WANT a relationship where they have no trust towards the other and can be a bitch and dick all they want, but sitll stay together because... fuck it, you're dating. There is no breaking up! And I don't care if these are "fantasy" media, there are idiots who take those things to heart, which just makes me wonder what kind of message these things are showing.

C-A

Great Revival

Well my parents fell in love when my dad spilled coffee on my mum...real life is weird.

But she does have a point. It's not that she can write a "perfect" story, it's just that a lot of romance story use stupid cliches that make no sense and have already been used a thousand times. I honestly can't see the appeal of watching a story about perfect people with perfect lives making decisions that would be stupid in real life.
Signature loading, please wait...

cesar26100 wrote:

But she does have a point. It's not that she can write a "perfect" story, it's just that a lot of romance story use stupid cliches that make no sense and have already been used a thousand times. I honestly can't see the appeal of watching a story about perfect people with perfect lives making decisions that would be stupid in real life.

They don't just not make sense, they also are not how normal people would act in real life. The overreacting, the passive-aggressive ignoring and the 100% lack of communication... it's just infuriating to read because all you wanna do is grab the people and yell "THIIIIIIIIIIIIINK!" instead of watching them prolong unnecessary, stupid drama for the sake of having something called drama.

Quote:
Well my parents fell in love when my dad spilled coffee on my mum...real life is weird.

See? That's a real life meeting that's... weird-funny. Can end up cute-funny. My mother's ex-boyfriend and she met in a bar, drinking. He was staring at her tits shirt and she said "That's Elton John and Billy Joel." (Yes, a shirt with the two singers on it) And he said, "Oh. Yeah I recognized one, but not the other... Thank god you didn't think I was staring at your tits." It's a funny little story that can be retold and made fun of. (Like, he really was staring at her breasts)

C-A

A hilarious response to the "That's Elton John and Billy Joel" bit would probably go: "You named them!?"

TheDoctor wrote:
A hilarious response to the "That's Elton John and Billy Joel" bit would probably go: "You named them!?"

Blatantly telling a guy that you realize he's staring at your goods is generally not a well-received response. :ron:

C-A

In Justice We Trust

You know what really grinds my gears? People making mistaken complaints about how a news story isn't "neutral." For starters, some news media are very biased and can't be reasonably trusted to approach a controversial issue neutrally in the first place. At best, they'll give token coverage to an aspect of "the other side" that they attempt to refute immediately. Even in the case of news outlets that usually avoid bias, that doesn't mean the issue they report on is going to equally favor both sides. If Purple soldiers loot a Green village and kill the inhabitants, you can't exactly report on the incident in a way that won't be seen as taking sides. Simply running a story about the massacre will anger the pro-Purple side. Even if the news media make every effort to remain neutral, that doesn't mean reality is going to be neutral, too.

In my experience, whenever someone complains about a story "not being neutral," what they're really complaining about, even if they aren't aware of it, is that the story doesn't agree with their preexisting views.
I'll always love you, Max.

You know what really grinds my gears? People who say, you should always have a positive attitude about something. Always see a silver lining in everything.

I have nothing against a positive attitude about things or being an optimist, but this just doesn't work for every possible situation. Hey, have these guys ever tried pulling that line to someone who was really, really sick? "Oh, hey, sure, you are suffering from aggressive leukemia, but hey...! At least you don't have Pneumonia, as well!" Yeah, thanks.

Some things just don't have silver linings in them and trying to find one is really difficult, when someone is just too busy with other emotions. Someone with leukemia, heck, they might still be trying to work through the shock and come to terms with that, but sure, get on their case for not jumping up and down about some fake silver lining, that has nothing to do with their current situation. Thank goodness it's not raining!

C-A

On that note, it really drives me nuts when people say "everything happens for a reason." Sure, some people say it because there were some really crappy things that happened in their lives that brought about some really good things, but that doesn't mean everything happens for a reason. Because if we truly follow that logic, then all those school shootings where dozens of children and teachers died happened for a reason! A child having horrible, unspeakable things happen to them before being brutally murdered? Yep, there's a reason for that! The Holocaust? Oh, that definitely happened for a reason!

See? It doesn't make any rational sense on any level whatsoever, and yet there are some people that treat it as gospel truth. /end rant

@thedoctor: I always take that saying with a grain of salt. Technically everything does happen for a reason, it's just there are good reasons and bad reasons, but the way people always word it, it's like everything, no matter how terrible, happens for a good reason. That's just no.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

Its called the "Just World Belief".

People need to believe good things happen. To good people and that the outcomes of their actions are not random.

Hence "everything happens for a reason." Its practically denial but, though they may not know it, that saying is more comforting to the sender than the receiver.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

dullahan1 wrote:
@thedoctor: I always take that saying with a grain of salt. Technically everything does happen for a reason, it's just there are good reasons and bad reasons, but the way people always word it, it's like everything, no matter how terrible, happens for a good reason. That's just no.

Quote:
People need to believe good things happen. To good people and that the outcomes of their actions are not random.

Those people also like to deny that good things happen to bad people.

I'm of the idea that things just... happen. There's no real reason behind, it's just... it's like Lottery of Life.

C-A

Alexander James

You know what grinds my gears? Advertisements.

Sometimes, the advertisements tell the truth. This shampoo indeed makes your hair smoother or some shit.
Most of the time, the advertisements are like some shops at China, when they blurt out nonsense like this.

Advertisements are a bunch of lies, made by a bunch of liars. Well, not all advertisers are liars, but that's not the point. The point is most people advertise something that's not even in the product.
Spoiler: Advertisement Example
WARNING! Your phone is too slow!

Speed up your phone NOW!

Spoiler: Advertisement Example 2
Congratulations! You win a new iPhone 6!
Answer the question and you'll instantly win!

Seriously, look everywhere, these kinds of ads are everywhere, and everybody saw them! If you haven't seen one, it's either you have AdBlock, or you don't surf the web much, or, well, you can't see those ads at all because of your blurry vision. I mean, if advertisements are honest, I'd definitely answer the question just to get a new iPhone or 1,000,000 bucks.

Unfortunately, this world likes to cheat and lie. It hates the truth, but even if it does, the naked truth cannot be denied, because it is naked to the eye, static and will never die, until they die, they will realize how much people they lied to.

Advertisements are for marketing, getting attention from people to try this, try that, buy this, buy that. Not for cheating your client and exposing their personal information and selling them online.

This is one fucked up world we live at, and I've seen pretty much everything, from killed bloggers to live streams of raping and murdering little girls.

That really grinds my gears.
If all of them are happy, then I shall be happy too.

The end of nonsense is near.
Page 26 of 39 [ 1554 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 39  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices