Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 7 of 39[ 1554 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 39  Next

Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title

Quote:
They tried to justify it by calling his hands "lethal weapons" which is just ridiculous.

Pfffffhahahaha, morons. Don't they realize that any hand, or even anything, can become a lethal weapon? I am not doing any exercise, I do not take boxing or any kind of self defense. But get me mad enough, you can be sure that my hands and arms will have the strength necessary to rip someone's skin apart or strangle them to, at least, unconsciousness. And teeth are pretty good, too.

Quote:
If the teacher doesn't want to get involved, he's an incompetent bastard.

No, no, you missed a part of my post. I specifically stated that it's a Japanese cultural thing. We in the west, think that telling authority figures of bullying will be dealt with by them, because they are authority and all that. In Japan, as I said, bullying or similar is your personal problem. You don't tell them, because - technically - it's none of their business. And you gotta learn to deal with it yourself.
Or even look at getting groped on a train. Yes, there are signs at stations, warning women of being groped - but they aren't supposed to raise a fuss about it. One way they can prevent groping is having women-only cars, which they do, but it's still seen as a way to protect men.
I'm sure there are bitches out there who say someone groped them, when they didn't and blackmail them.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
No, no, you missed a part of my post. I specifically stated that it's a Japanese cultural thing. We in the west, think that telling authority figures of bullying will be dealt with by them, because they are authority and all that. In Japan, as I said, bullying or similar is your personal problem. You don't tell them, because - technically - it's none of their business. And you gotta learn to deal with it yourself.
Or even look at getting groped on a train. Yes, there are signs at stations, warning women of being groped - but they aren't supposed to raise a fuss about it. One way they can prevent groping is having women-only cars, which they do, but it's still seen as a way to protect men.
I'm sure there are bitches out there who say someone groped them, when they didn't and blackmail them.

C-A

Ah, I see. Sorry, I didn't pay much attention to everything you wrote because this kind of stuff makes my blood boil fast.
And even if this is part of Japanese culture and tradition... I still think it's wrong to overlook serious cases of bullying. I mean, I don't know anything about Japanese law, but you can't just shut up and watch when someone is being constantly harassed or verbally abused, right? I understand if they don't want to get involved when someone is being "excluded" from a group or discreetly badmouthed though.
And I'm sorry for everything you went through during your school years. Despite everything, experiencing such things usually makes someone an emotionally strong person.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?Topic%20Title

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
You know what I did? I learned to deal with it! I learned to not give a fuck if I am not liked in a group and if somebody gets on the way-too-wrong side of me, I goddamn well will start using bodily harm on them!

Ah... the memories of my eight grade class are pouring back in.
Good times... good times.

Seriously, though, I remember being bullied simply for not being a typical "social" person that these Americans seem to value. Although it was only one kid, so I could tell he was just doing it for his ego.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?Topic%20Title

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

sumguy28 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
You know what I did? I learned to deal with it! I learned to not give a fuck if I am not liked in a group and if somebody gets on the way-too-wrong side of me, I goddamn well will start using bodily harm on them!

Ah... the memories of my eight grade class are pouring back in.
Good times... good times.

Seriously, though, I remember being bullied simply for not being a typical "social" person that these Americans seem to value. Although it was only one kid, so I could tell he was just doing it for his ego.

I remember this one time in eighth grade where I got pantsed in PE. The assholes pulled my gym shorts and boxers. I turned red, and they told me that I shouldn't have had my boxers so close to my shorts.
Honestly, it didn't bother me that much.
Maybe it's cause the reactions of my classmates weren't that of laughter, but of "Why would you guys do that?"
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Quote:
I shouldn't have had my boxers so close to my shorts.

Wha? How do you even do that? Unless they mean, walk around with your pants around your thighs, like you're walking around like you shit a ton of bricks in your pants.

C-A

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
I shouldn't have had my boxers so close to my shorts.

Wha? How do you even do that? Unless they mean, walk around with your pants around your thighs, like you're walking around like you shit a ton of bricks in your pants.

C-A

I think that's exactly what they meant. Sagging your pants is probably the dumbest thing you could possibly do with your clothes.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Yeah. I mean, aside from it looking REALLY STUPID it also makes it difficult to walk.
And if I want to know what type of underwear someone is wearing, I either ask or snap their hems like a prostitute's bra. :kristoph:

You know what really grinds my gears? All these stupid attempts at making sympathetic villains!

Come on, why should we care why a villain is doing evil things? Can't he just do bad things for the hell of it? And even if, through all the entire story, he has done terrible things and has only made us hate him - why suddenly give him the sympathetic backstory that is supposed to make us feel all sad for him and sympathetic and make us think, "Oh if only we had listened earlier!"

Like Ganondorf in Wind Waker. Where the fuck did that backstory come from? Do you really think your desire to just give your people a nicer place to live in will excuse the attempt to throw Hyrule upside down? I hope not, because it shouldn't. After all, a sympathetic backstory does not excuse anything or make you sympathetic.

Or as Linkara pointed out in Power Rangers Time Force: that Rasbek guy, I think that was his name, was a mutant and, while he had a sympathetic backstory, he was not sympathetic. He did nothing that actually showed his actions were to improve things for mutants, he just wanted to fuck with humans cause they're dicks. Even contradicting himself, saying that all humans are bad, when it was actually a human who was pretty kind to him. And he dicked that human over.

Or even worse, making the villain absolutely despicable and then giving us hints what their terrible punishment will be, that all their bad actions has caused, or will cause, all of their friends and family, rendering them all alone.

Guys! Stop trying to make sympathetic villains! Let me hate them! Don't try to make me care for them if they have been, metamophorically or literally, spitting in my face every chance they got! It's not gonna work! If I see a villain ending up alone because of their dick behavior, my sole reaction will, "Serves ya right" and not "Awww you poor thing"

C-A

Sometimes I've found teachers to be just as bad as some of the bullies. One teacher I had told me off for walking too slow and asking for something else that she herself had done, but then when other students were laughing at me, she just did nothing.

Also, I think too many places only consider physical bullying as a problem. Mental abuse can be just as damaging, and I wish that more schools would recognize that.

Expert bluffer

Mirii-chan wrote:
Sometimes I've found teachers to be just as bad as some of the bullies. One teacher I had told me off for walking too slow and asking for something else that she herself had done, but then when other students were laughing at me, she just did nothing.

Also, I think too many places only consider physical bullying as a problem. Mental abuse can be just as damaging, and I wish that more schools would recognize that.

My sister was bullied by her boss's wife at work, and it was 'just' verbal abuse as well. In many cases mental abuse has been far more damaging than physical, and when such a person is in a higher position than oneself, it's a bit harder to fight back.
In this case, though, the entire staff had to threaten to quit before the boss did something about it and kicked his wife out.
"Your argument is like a naked banana--it simply lacks a peel." --Phoenix Wright

"I'll gladly take your 1 cent!" --Miles Edgeworth

DragonCactus wrote:
My sister was bullied by her boss's wife at work, and it was 'just' verbal abuse as well. In many cases mental abuse has been far more damaging than physical, and when such a person is in a higher position than oneself, it's a bit harder to fight back.
In this case, though, the entire staff had to threaten to quit before the boss did something about it and kicked his wife out.

Well, it's already a huge problem - and usually frowned upon - if somebody's spouse is working in the same firm/office as the other... Then again, if my boss' wife bullied me and I was not gonna take any shit from her, I'd probably do as Doug Walker did, when he quit his job.
You know. If I wouldn't get arrested for showing my boobs.

C-A

Expert bluffer

CatMuto wrote:
Well, it's already a huge problem - and usually frowned upon - if somebody's spouse is working in the same firm/office as the other... Then again, if my boss' wife bullied me and I was not gonna take any shit from her, I'd probably do as Doug Walker did, when he quit his job.
You know. If I wouldn't get arrested for showing my boobs.

C-A

Haha. My sister was considering the prospect of quitting, since even the server who was an old friend of the boss was considering quitting as well, but before that the boss decided to save his establishment and remove the problem.
"Your argument is like a naked banana--it simply lacks a peel." --Phoenix Wright

"I'll gladly take your 1 cent!" --Miles Edgeworth

You know, a Mario game!

I don't get why we have both this thread AND the vent station. They're both basically the same thing, so it's kinda redundant.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

Gettin' Old!

dimentiorules wrote:
I don't get why we have both this thread AND the vent station. They're both basically the same thing, so it's kinda redundant.

Sure is, I'm pretty sure one of them was meant to be for 'lighter hearted' gripes but for the life of me I don't know why we have both.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

dimentiorules wrote:

I think this thread is about something that just pisses you off, regardless of it actually being somehow connected to your actions, environment or anything. And the vent thread is more about something that happened to you, to just vent before you get on with things.

C-A

An Enigma Among Humans

In that case, was I the only one who just wanted that guy in the Nintendo Direct for PLVSPH just to shut the hell up and let us listen to the gameplay!

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

What's been grinding my gears lately are the spammers that get into the forum. Oi. So many reports... :shoe:
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

Art Person

Higanjima wrote:
What's been grinding my gears lately are the spammers that get into the forum. Oi. So many reports... :shoe:

I feel you! I've been reporting so many too! It's incredible that they've appeared all of a sudden! :dahlia:

Gettin' Old!

Well one day when y'all grow up into fine little Attorneys you get a special weapon to use against them and contribute to the fight more :kristoph: It's quite cathartic, rest assured there's folks working on them bots.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The Real Human Being

dimentiorules wrote:

This thread was made by ME!
AND it was made a month earlier than the vent station!

In Justice We Trust

Higanjima wrote:

Cleaning them up is no picnic, either. ... Excuse me for a moment. [I leave; the sound of a banhammer hitting a spambot is heard twice, followed by the sound of sweeping. I return wheeling a trash bin with the remains of two spambots in it. I stop and lean on my banhammer, which is now in broom mode.] You know what would make a nice Christmas present? A new and improved line of defense against these pests.
I'll always love you, Max.

The Real Human Being

General Luigi wrote:
Higanjima wrote:

Cleaning them up is no picnic, either. ... Excuse me for a moment. [I leave; the sound of a banhammer hitting a spambot is heard twice, followed by the sound of sweeping. I return wheeling a trash bin with the remains of two spambots in it. I stop and lean on my banhammer, which is now in broom mode.] You know what would make a nice Christmas present? A new and improved line of defense against these pests.

*steals the spambot parts*

I need these for reasons.

Art Person

Damnit spambots! You're destroying the place, and now you make it to 40 posts so we can't take action!
The only thing that makes reporting them a little more enjoyable is seeing CR's word filter:
Spoiler: Screencap

You know, a Mario game!

DoMaya wrote:
General Luigi wrote:
Higanjima wrote:

*steals the spambot parts*

I need these for reasons.

Are you gonna make a robot girlfriend? 'Cause that's what I'd do if I could make robots.
My Twitter Account

The Real Human Being

dimentiorules wrote:

Are you gonna make a robot girlfriend? 'Cause that's what I'd do if I could make robots.

I have a more jolly reason than that.

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

Another spammer has found its way into the fortress. :ron: :redd:
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

The King of All

You know what really grinds my gears? The other day, I was just walking inside a place minding my own business, when I see two girls behind me, so the gentlemanly professor inside me politely opens to door for them. Problem is, they don't even bat an eye or say "thank you" or anything!

I know it's something insignificant, but it really grinds my gears whenever something like this happens. :kudo:
The king of all, Sir Duke

The cape is self-fluttering

Deadpool 9 wrote:
You know what really grinds my gears? The other day, I was just walking inside a place minding my own business, when I see two girls behind me, so the gentlemanly professor inside me politely opens to door for them. Problem is, they don't even bat an eye or say "thank you" or anything!

I know it's something insignificant, but it really grinds my gears whenever something like this happens. :kudo:

I agree it was kind of rude of them, but it's definitely better to let something like that go.

I open doors often for other folks. Half the time I get acknowledged, half the time I don't. Not a big deal.

And depending on the age of the girls, maybe they weren't taught any better, or were told not to talk to strangers. Or any number of reasons.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

You know, a Mario game!

Hmmph, that's nothing. One time a guy in a store I was in stepped on my foot, then pushed me out of the way, no apology or excuse me or anything. I just wanted to scream "asshole!" at him.
My Twitter Account

The King of All

I'll admit I did overreact, and I didn't mean to sound that mad. As for age, they looked like high schoolers, so they probably did know better. I was just a little tense when I made that previous post. :payne:

As for dimentiorules, that really sucks, that happened to my friend the other day and he went ballistic.

Art Person

I've held the door open when I was helping with my music department, for a whole year level (Year 7, so 12 year olds. It was long.) Only 3 or 4 kids said Thanks.

A tiny issue, but one to keep this section in a lighter mood (hopefully), you know what grinds my gears? Every single restaurant in the local area having a "KIDZ Menu". Why do they always have to spell it with a 'Z' and not an 'S' ? It doesn't make it cutesy or anything, it's just done because other restaurants do it, and they think it's more appealing to children. I'm not sure where that thought ever came from?

Quote:
As for age, they looked like high schoolers, so they probably did know better

Ahahahahahahahahaha! :gant:

No way, high schoolers are amongst the most rude people I've encountered. I have even encountered middle or even elementary schoolers who were rude as hell. Doesn't matter if they do or don't know better, they won't say thank you.

C-A

The King of All

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
As for age, they looked like high schoolers, so they probably did know better

Ahahahahahahahahaha! :gant:

No way, high schoolers are amongst the most rude people I've encountered. I have even encountered middle or even elementary schoolers who were rude as hell. Doesn't matter if they do or don't know better, they won't say thank you.

C-A

In these parts, the middle schoolers are the obnoxious and rude kids. High schoolers, despite that one or two people, here are generally cool and respectful to others.

You know, a Mario game!

I don't really know much about high schoolers or middle schoolers; in school, I was a recluse, I stayed away from the other students as if they were lions and I was a zebra. During recess, when other kids were playing, I was walking laps around the school chatting with the teachers. I always identified more with adults than with other kids.
My Twitter Account

The King of All

dimentiorules wrote:
I don't really know much about high schoolers or middle schoolers; in school, I was a recluse, I stayed away from the other students as if they were lions and I was a zebra. During recess, when other kids were playing, I was walking laps around the school chatting with the teachers. I always identified more with adults than with other kids.

You had recess in middle and high school? I'm pretty sure they don't do that anymore. :eh?:

The people where I live don't so much as push and shove, but just stand firmly in place and never move. Several times I've seen people just stood in the middle of the pavement or right in a doorway, and they don't react when other people approach. I get that sometimes people don't hear and it is good to just say, "Excuse me." Still, I think standing somewhere for ages where a lot of people are going to be walking by is kind of rude.

dimentiorules wrote:

I got on better with my teachers as well. At least, the nice ones. I think I was honestly one of very few students who actually treated the teachers with any respect, it was that kind of school.

Quote:
The people where I live don't so much as push and shove, but just stand firmly in place and never move.

Oh my God, that is so annoying! Especially in a full underground train, some jackass is standing in the middle and people have to push or walk around him to get out of the doors because he's too lazy or stupid or too jerky to realize he can make things much easier by getting out, standing NEXT to the door with everyone else who wants to get in afterwards and re-enter, after letting the people out.

In such a case, I like to just accidently-on-purpose shove them.

On a similar note, people who stand practically in the doorway of the bus or train you wanna get out of. Now if it's a small-er-ish kid, I can sort of see that maybe mom or dad hasn't taught them to stand the fuck aside, but if it's anybody aged 12+, I will very nicely elbow ram them when they are in my way when I get out. Accidently-on-purpose, of course.

I cannot help it when they are in my way after all~ :that-b-word:

C-A

You know, a Mario game!

Deadpool 9 wrote:
dimentiorules wrote:

You had recess in middle and high school? I'm pretty sure they don't do that anymore. :eh?:

I stopped having recess in 9th grade, and it wasn't that long ago either; I'm only 19.
My Twitter Account

The King of All

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
The people where I live don't so much as push and shove, but just stand firmly in place and never move.

Oh my God, that is so annoying! Especially in a full underground train, some jackass is standing in the middle and people have to push or walk around him to get out of the doors because he's too lazy or stupid or too jerky to realize he can make things much easier by getting out, standing NEXT to the door with everyone else who wants to get in afterwards and re-enter, after letting the people out.

In such a case, I like to just accidently-on-purpose shove them.

On a similar note, people who stand practically in the doorway of the bus or train you wanna get out of. Now if it's a small-er-ish kid, I can sort of see that maybe mom or dad hasn't taught them to stand the fuck aside, but if it's anybody aged 12+, I will very nicely elbow ram them when they are in my way when I get out. Accidently-on-purpose, of course.

I cannot help it when they are in my way after all~ :that-b-word:

C-A

I hate it when there are a few people walking in front of me that are walking sooooo sloooooowly. They just block the entire hallway when I have places to get to quickly. :tigre:

In Justice We Trust

I'll see your slow person in front of you and raise you people who stop to chat with each other in the middle of a busy hallway. It was an annoyingly common occurrence for me at college; some small group of people would block a hallway by chatting outside a classroom. I don't recall ever being late for class as a direct result of such a thing, but it was still really annoying. I suppose I should be thankful it's purely a pedestrian thing in my experience, though. Can you imagine how much more road-rage-induced violence there would be if drivers often stopped in the middle of a road to chat with each other?
I'll always love you, Max.

General Luigi wrote:
I'll see your slow person in front of you and raise you people who stop to chat with each other in the middle of a busy hallway. It was an annoyingly common occurrence for me at college; some small group of people would block a hallway by chatting outside a classroom. I don't recall ever being late for class as a direct result of such a thing, but it was still really annoying. I suppose I should be thankful it's purely a pedestrian thing in my experience, though. Can you imagine how much more road-rage-induced violence there would be if drivers often stopped in the middle of a road to chat with each other?

Don't they already? They have wonderful conversations about wanting to shove something up the other guy's orifice while being implied that their mother works as a harlott.

Yeah.... I more dislike people who go through a doorway or off an escalator or so and then stand barely a step away from where they got off, looking around for something. Now I have nothing against tourists or people who think they may be lost, I can get lost, too, at times.
But at least step a few steps away from where people are gonna get off, so we don't all knock into you. That's what I do. I walk a few steps, look around to see if I got the right street or see anything familiar and then go back down if it's not where I'm supposed to.

C-A
Page 7 of 39 [ 1554 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 39  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices