Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 24 of 39[ 1554 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 39  Next

Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title

Alexander James

Can we stay away from that topic? It's already disturbing me, I might get Court-Records dreams about it, because I usually have them. :grey:
If all of them are happy, then I shall be happy too.

The end of nonsense is near.

In Justice We Trust

Per AJtheprogrammer's request, I'm declaring the topic of rape off-limits (at least for now).
I'll always love you, Max.

Alexander James

You know what really grinds my gears?

Facebook. I've already told everyone how annoying FNAF fanboys are, but it's just the crust of the steaming pile of puke goatdump of the internet. There are more annoying things at the bottom layers of this steaming pile of puke goatdump. Let's start with the most basic bulldump you could ever think of: Facebook.

It was something made as a social networking site. Back in the days, I remember using a Friendster account, like it was the 2000's Facebook. But today it was demolished and the Friendster is no longer the same. Sure, the logo is the same, but the feeling of talking to friends became obscure. Facebook won the battle, getting the title of "Originality". Mark Zuckerberg, thank you, you fucking asshole.

Spoiler: --Selfies--
If you are new to Facebook, I will only give you this warning once: Unfollow girls you have in your friends list. It doesn't matter, most girls nowadays capture this wacky unneccessary trend called "Selfie". You're probably thinking, what's bad about selfies? No, not the selfies, but the girls who take too much selfies. You have to unfollow every friend who takes selfies, and I'm dead fucking serious. If you let one bitch slip without unfollowing her, you'll see a fuckton of selfies, EVERY. FUCKING. POST. Ace Pointer, I'm warning you, this is how annoying Facebook is. :texasman:

(Remember kids, following your friend who takes selfies often on Facebook is definitely, undeniably, terribly unsafe for your mental health)

Spoiler: --Page Advertisements--
One word: It's bullshit.

My word to Facebook: "Shut the fuck up about other pages, stop telling me what to like, you fucking asshole."
Why does it exist anyway? What for?! Is that what kids has been doing currently on these days? Like every fucking page you see for nothing? Is it made by Mark Zuckerberg's ballsacs or what?! Stop telling me what to watch, it's pissing me off, I feel like an ass getting fucked by Facebook page dildos! (Okay, that's my last sex joke)

One thing about Page Advertisements is: "If your friend is interested in this page, you are, as well."
FUCK YOU FACEBOOK. My friend on Facebook joined a group for weeaboos (because my friend is a weeb), and you don't see me posting in Japanese! My friend liked a page "Anime Diet" and you don't see me eating anime people like the titans from Attack on Titan. My friend liked some unknown page, and I'm nothing like Bob Saget! What the fuck is wrong with you, Facebook?!

And that really creampies my brain! (I promise, that's my last sex joke)

Spoiler: --Name Change--
In Facebook, you can only change your name ONCE. Sure, you can't change your username in this site, but what if I misspelled "Fink" and ended up typing "Funk", and then you try to fix it but you ended up using the name "Funkk" because your K key is stuck? This is fucking Death Note bullshit! Get the "misspell name four times rule" out of Facebook, it doesn't make sense!

And how about this: Racist Facebook.

Writing an unnatural name is marked as "invalid". Who cares, Mark? It's a fucking name! What about the people who uses the name "Kitsune Yumi" or "Eris Jikyaeuertheon"?!

You cannot write a name that sounds unrealistic. Having a name like "Eris", "Alexander", "Apollo", "Athena", "Andromeda" or "Alice" is valid. But what if you had a name like "Butz"? Poor Larry can't use Facebook then. :ron:

Spoiler: --Pages--
You can use ANY NAME you want for your page. What an awesome, unhanded, amateur way to be a Facebook phantom. That's right! Facebook is giving every user account a middle finger! In fact, the name of a page can be changed infinitely, anytime! That's not fair!

Using a Page is more complex than using your account, no no no. Using a page is more complicated. But there are a few improvements and advantages.

1. I love the scheduled publishing option. Very useful.
2. Yay! Changeable names!
3. Call-to-action Button
4. Promotions

So what can I say?
Once again, BULLSHIT!

It is funny. Really funny. Liking a page as a page is as confusing as how many times can a woodchuck could chuck wood. Wanna test how confusing it is?

Click the "..." button in a page. Click "Like as your page". Select your page. Did the page like the page, or added as a favorite? Added as a favorite. That's right, you just clicked a "Add to the Page's favorites" button. Fucking dumbasses made this!
If you've already liked the page, you can always like it again, with another page. Fuck.
Of course, you can always remove it from your favorites.

But why is it necessary? What's the point? Nothing, just to waste your time, that's all.
What a fucking assrape. (Okay, no more fucking around.)

Spoiler: --Memories--
Sometimes, Facebook forces you to look at some memories from the past... What a horrible way to have a curse. For example, you once uploaded an embarrassing photo. I might see it again, 7 years later, and I'll be like, "Fuck, Facebook is mocking my life".

Lastly, most annoying of all...

Spoiler: --Photos--
I fucking hate every living memory of my childhood.

This is not even a joke, this is a real story.

I once lived in a crappy childhood of improving my deduction skills and computer skills for 5 years, while getting bullied on school.
I am not even sure if I really was the owner of this soul, I was born in this world as an idiotic bisexual.

That's right, you see, my childhood was blurred and mosaic like a Japanese pussy. (Okay, I'll stop making sex jokes)
I didn't even have a glance of watching anime when I was a kid. (You know, Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball, Tenchi Muyo, You're Under Arrest!, Gundam, Detective Conan, those 90's anime)

Anyway, I don't really want to talk about it, but...
Facebook forces you to remember your old, bad memories from the past! :viola:

Yes! Facebook will show you pictures that you own from 5~ years ago! It's unnecessary, it's annoying, and it pisses everyone off. Sure, Facebook doesn't care. He's just throwing old photos to you, after all. :grossberg:

Moving on... to managing photos.

Now, let's say I have a couple of pictures, and I want to delete half of them. Do I drag them with the cursor or click them one by one, just like on a mobile phone or the Windows Explorer? NO!

You fucking delete them one by one! That's a fucking chore, and doing that is as slow as fuck! (Okay, no more sex jokes, really)

That really is some fucking bullshit! Why didn't they program something so simple yet useful?! :grey:

That really grinds my ass. I mean, ears. Er, gears. :yogi:

Quote:
My word to Facebook: "Shut the fuck up about other pages, stop telling me what to like, you fucking asshole."
Why does it exist anyway?

To tell you to get off of Facebook, durr. If it keeps advertising other pages to me, I just think, "Ok you don't want me here. I'll piss off." :will:

C-A

Winter Flag Trademark

Well, glad you're not in Bangladesh. Facebook is abused a lot by most people here. Heck, some people lost their lives because of Facebook. Many poor kids were slaughtered and their videos often upload to FB. Like how they did with Rajon. Poor him. English News Article for the interested.

Another thing, sometimes they even post videos of various sexual abusement, political harassment or disturbing photoes. No, no making up. These are true. That's why I'm staying the crap off from FB. Heck, wanna know something amazing? At least 60% people here has at least one account, and 80% of them mostly posts photos of themselves.

I'd rather post anime versions instead. :nick:

Most facebookers here are mostly like-beggers, share-beggers. Hell, some even beg to add them in their friend list. Our county is even forced to open up a statute and place millions of security cameras in Facebook. Say a wrong word, you're under arrest.

EDIT: Just remembered another thing- You'll keep getting insulted and accused for using Photoshops for any unrealistic photos, like Psychedelic, Anime Photos, and all. I don't want to get accused like, "Hey! Are you a kid or something?" just for discussing about Anime. I'll probably stay away from FB... Or something.

EDIT 2: I was just stating my statements at this matter. However, what I've said... Are no joke.

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

Alexander James

Ace Pointer wrote:
Well, glad you're not in Bangladesh. Facebook is abused a lot by most people here. Heck, some people lost their lives because of Facebook. Many poor kids were slaughtered and their videos often upload to FB. Like how they did with Rajon. Poor him. English News Article for the interested.

Another thing, sometimes they even post videos of various sexual abusement, political harassment or disturbing photoes. No, no making up. These are true. That's why I'm staying the crap off from FB. Heck, wanna know something amazing? At least 60% people here has at least one account, and 80% of them mostly posts photos of themselves.

I'd rather post anime versions instead. :nick:

Most facebookers here are mostly like-beggers, share-beggers. Hell, some even beg to add them in their friend list. Our county is even forced to open up a statute and place millions of security cameras in Facebook. Say a wrong word, you're under arrest.

EDIT: Just remembered another thing- You'll keep getting insulted and accused for using Photoshops for any unrealistic photos, like Psychedelic, Anime Photos, and all. I don't want to get accused like, "Hey! Are you a kid or something?" just for discussing about Anime. I'll probably stay away from FB... Or something.

EDIT 2: I was just stating my statements at this matter. However, what I've said... Are no joke.

Just show them Prison School, Death Note, School Days and they'll change their minds.

I don't agree with all of the reasons, but I agree that facebook can be really annoying sometimes. Especially when someone posts something like "share this pic or you will die blahblahblah" like anyone still believes that stuff. And the flamewars in the comment sections are so immature, and the staff never bothers about deleting offensive content (unless it is made by famous people, of course) despite their policy saying otherwise. Honestly, the only reason I use that site is because people usually see messages faster that way.
Signature loading, please wait...

In Justice We Trust

You know what really grinds my gears? People assuming a group with a specific cause doesn't care about other causes. I see this behavior most frequently with feminism, but there are plenty of other groups that get this treatment.

First, the feminist example: I've often seen anti-feminists bringing up issues of sexism against men as though feminists only want to end sexism against women and are fine with sexism against men continuing to exist. Yes, feminism predominantly focuses on combating sexism against women. That does not mean feminists necessarily don't care about sexism against men. Heck, many feminists readily acknowledge that sexism against men is a problem. I know a fair number of feminists who are dedicated to addressing sexism against both women and men (one of them typed this post). Are there some honest-to-goodness misandrists who call themselves feminists? Yes, but that doesn't mean they speak for the movement as a whole. Heck, if they did, I wouldn't be a feminist.

Another example that comes to mind is the "#BlackLivesMatter" movement and the "#AllLivesMatter" response. I get that the people saying "#AllLivesMatter" mean exactly what they say. The problem is that the hashtag's very existence is a response to "#BlackLivesMatter" and that it is implicitly accusing the "#BlackLivesMatter" movement of being racist toward non-blacks. It's sort of like going up to an AIDS research facility and saying, "Why don't you do any research on other diseases? Is AIDS really that much more important? What about cancer? Don't you give a damn about the millions of people who've died from cancer?" #BlackLivesMatter ≠ #WhiteLivesDon'tMatter

Pointing out one problem is not the same as denying the existence of other problems. Focusing on solving one problem is not the same as denying the importance of solving other problems. If you want to complain about a problem, go ahead, but please only do so if you're doing so to complain about the problem rather than complain about how certain people are focusing on a different problem.

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Something that bugs me: Nudity added into the DVD/BluRay release of an anime when it wasn't there in the televised version. Case in point, one anime I was watching had a character topless, but with her hair covering her breasts; however, in the DVD release, her hair was moved to where she was no longer covered by it. Another example: One anime had a scene in the original Japanese televised version where a character had Barbie doll anatomy (a practice I don't quite understand, but that's another rant), but the dub added pixellated censors. Then comes the DVD release, and not only is the pixellation gone, the Barbie doll anatomy has been changed to be more realistic.

Why? What's the point? I can understand if it was something they wanted to have in the show, but network standards didn't allow for it. Yet, it kind of alienates the viewers who were fine with the show as it was on TV, but weren't into the nudity added into the DVD version. Aside from that, it would be nice to at least have the option to see it the way they had it on TV, in case the viewers themselves didn't necessarily have a problem with it, but wanted to watch the series with someone who might.

The Enigma

So what really grinds my gears: high school. Mainly the people. Actually, screw that. It's always been the people in high school. They're flakey and stuck up and just complete and utter assholes. But not to me. I was the antisocial kid who no one bothered. I'm in college now and loving it. It's my younger sister.

So she's a senior and everyone treats her like she's invisible. She's got a rare muscle disease so she can't walk and it's hard for her to use her hands, so of course she needs to depend on people to help her. Well, her classmates do help her but only to make themselves look good. They use her in a sense. And this pisses her off, and it pisses me off too. But what really pisses me off is that they leave her out of everything. She eats alone at the lunch table. When she gets to the cafeteria early, she sits in the middle so they can sit next to her, only for them to get there and sit at a different table. A kid brought a video game and everyone got to play it but her, and today during break they were throwing a ball around and every time it was thrown to her, a kid took it from her so she didn't get a turn. I was LIVID! My sister didn't do anything to them, I don't understand why she gets treated like this. I wanted to go down to that school and beat every single one of those punk ass bitches and tell them that after they graduated, they wouldn't get anywhere in life, that they would most likely drop out of college swimming in debt, end up on the streets, become crack whores, and eventually die sad and alone before 25. Because that's what happened (or is going to happen) to most of my classmates anyways. So...basically just crush their self esteem and tell them that what they do means nothing because their lives are going no where because their parents do everything for them. They don't know what it's like to live in the real world and actually have a job. But I didn't. I was just pissed off. Still am. But needed to get that off my chest. My sister's doing fine, actually handled it better than I did. I just hope it's not affected her deeper than I think. Anyway, that's what really grinds my gears. Maybe I should have posted this in vent station, but ultimately I just really can't stand fake people.
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

Winter Flag Trademark

Actually, this thread kind of works as a vent station... However, you can post things that usually annoy the hell out of you. Sorta like that.

Alexander James

You know what grinds my gears? Teachers Logic.

If you get bullied, you get back up.
You get bullied again, you get back up.
You get bullied again and again, you get back up.

Who gets the blame? You, because you fucking got owned by three assholes. Fucking teacher's logic is always perfect.

I love how your parents get to talk with you, they blame you for doing a bad thing, when you're the one getting hurt.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST. WHAT THE FUCK.
What kind of sick demented douche asshole came up with this kind of a great Gate of Hell?! Even Christian Schools have those little piles of puke diarrhea goatshit! That's fucking bullshit!

If you're going to ask me about my school, yes, in our school, there are lots of bullying, but in a more sneaky way. Probably because it was a Christian school named after a dick. I'm not kidding. :gregory:

I'm that guy who gets the reputation of being an ASSHOLE for nothing, an IMMATURE MOM'S BOY, a CHICKEN, a TIMID PUSSY, a MOUSE, a WORKER, a GULLIBLE SUCKER, A BAZOOKE DEVIL.

Seriously, Teachers. Keep your biased shitty opinions to yourselves.
Anyway, here's the fun part. I get my ass to the classroom, and what do I get? A bunch of slutty girls, a bunch of assheaded asshole punks, a bunch of random idiots and random classmates, and an exceptional student who happens to have a disorder.

All of my classmates make fun of that kid because he's such a big baby. He's more gullible than I ever was. For Fuck's sake, stop making him look like an idiot! Go listen to Black Sabbath or something, it doesn't make any sense!

It wants me to punch them, stab them to death, donate their organs to the needy and throw their corpses away on a cliff. :tigre: That is how execution should be done, not electrocuting them to death!

What a bunch of bullshit! That is the most coward and rude way of bullying, when he's not even aware of it.
I feel sad for the kid, because, well, I'm also an exceptional student. Right now, I don't know what is going on with them, because I am fucking kicked out, by the same bullies that bullied me for 8 years. That's great-grandmotherfucking right. I'm BULLIED FOR 8 MOTHERFUCKING YEARS. With the same cowardly way, of course.

But I can't hold it anymore, my entire life is made of wrath and anger, I might as well be the god of wrath.

I had this wrath for 8 years. Wrath on that guy with the abbreviation "JC"... That guy, don't trust him. He fucking delivers you straight to hell, he's the bridge to hell, he's the equivalent of a thousand rapists, he's an equivalent of a thousand molesters!

Then teachers blame me because of my wrath, and it's my fault. That is fucking bullshit. The world needs some sense of student justice!

What happened is overdrive! It was subconscious! What the fuck?!

Teachers claim that there is no such thing as bullying, and they only exist in our minds. If that's true, let's fucking say "Fuck you, Teacher!", and what happens next? The teacher beats the living shit out of you!

Of course, there are two commandments of a teacher:
1) I am always right
2) If I'm wrong, refer to rule no 1

Fucking great logic. (yes I made a A Alex reference)

If you pointed out something wrong with what the teacher says, you get spanked.
Sure, think of it like this:

A teacher told us that 2 + 2 = 5, but we all know that 2 + 2 = 4. I object and say "OBJECTION! 2 + 2 is equal to 4!" What happens next? The entire classroom laughs at you because they all know that 2 + 2 = 5 and thinks that you're a dumbass.
Or maybe it's that "God is with us" thing going on. Seriously, what does God have anything to do with the math equation "2 + 2"? I don't even know what I was talking about today!

Or how about this: FUCKING JUSTIFIED SUBJECTS.
There's a Math club, Art club, Archery club, Music club, Kendo club, Karate club, Judo club, Cooking club, Newsletter club, Drama club, English club, Chemistry club, Astronomy club, History club, seriously why the fuck is Computer club not listed? Is it such a taboo thing to have computer clubs? This is fucking racist, man. Racist. What's the point? We need our Game Maker club in the school, or better, an Ace Attorney club!

What were they thinking?!?!

A WHOLE FUCKING 4 YEARS of ASS, RIGHT IN YOUR TOILET BOWL OF EDUCATION OF THE HEART OR SOME KIND OF SHIT LIKE THAT.

Thank you, for the fucking education. We fucking hate your services, despite the good side. Fix your gullible minds and go eat some rice.

If you want to know more about me and my story, be my guest.

Quote:
Teachers claim that there is no such thing as bullying, and they only exist in our minds.

Ah yes. So when a group of kids tried to pull my skirt down in the middle of the playground during recess or my backpack was thrown down a flight of stairs, making it lose several items - that was in my head, was it? Of course. I totally imagined them trying to do that.

C-A

Winter Flag Trademark

Quote:
was it? Of course. I totally imagined them trying to do that.

Sorry Cat, but you forgot to complete coloring the sarcasm in this sentence.

AJtheprogrammer wrote:
A teacher told us that 2 + 2 = 5, but we all know that 2 + 2 = 4. I object and say "OBJECTION! 2 + 2 is equal to 4!" What happens next? The entire classroom laughs at you because they all know that 2 + 2 = 5 and thinks that you're a dumbass.Or maybe it's that "God is with us" thing going on. Seriously, what does God have anything to do with the math equation "2 + 2"? I don't even know what I was talking about today!

...Man, this sure sounds dumb. I'm not taking sides or anything, but that's extremely dumb. 2+2 is always 4. God, I have no idea what's going on with the schoolpeople of such school.

Quote:
Seriously, what does God have anything to do with the math equation "2 + 2"? I don't even know what I was talking about today!

Yeaaah... stuff like this is why I try to avoid very religious people... can't quite wrap my head around their religion thing... I mean, if they have it: great. Just... don't try to explain it to me...

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
Teachers claim that there is no such thing as bullying, and they only exist in our minds.

Ah yes. So when a group of kids tried to pull my skirt down in the middle of the playground during recess or my backpack was thrown down a flight of stairs, making it lose several items - that was in my head, was it? Of course. I totally imagined them trying to do that.

C-A

Then if you beat the crap out of those bullies and send them to the hospital you can say that they just imagined it, and that they will get better by talking and expressing their feelings, right? Sometimes I wonder if smart people is too busy getting important jobs so they hire any idiot who knows how to read the text books as teachers.
Signature loading, please wait...

cesar26100 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Quote:

C-A

Then if you beat the crap out of those bullies and send them to the hospital you can say that they just imagined it, and that they will get better by talking and expressing their feelings, right? Sometimes I wonder if smart people is too busy getting important jobs so they hire any idiot who knows how to read the text books as teachers.

And then I get into legal issues for attacking them and they are seen as the real victims - makes sense, right? But as I've said about the bullying topic before: talking to other people about it or "ignoring it" will not help.

C-A

Alexander James

Ace Pointer wrote:
...Man, this sure sounds dumb. I'm not taking sides or anything, but that's extremely dumb. 2+2 is always 4. God, I have no idea what's going on with the schoolpeople of such school.

That was a reference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHAuGA7gqFU

The Real Human Being

You know what really grinds my gears?

When people take insults/criticism on an individual and think that person is attributing it to whatever group that person belongs to. (when the insults/criticism had nothing to do with the group)

No longer can you criticize a feminist about anything because THEN you're criticizing ALL of them.
This goes back to some of my previous rants about how people will take something small and turn it into a lifestyle.
A feminist is all these people are, they see each-other as copies of themselves, so if you have ANYTHING negative to say about them, well it's an attack on ALL OF THEM!

One of the problems is that Feminists and Feminazis are two different things, most feminists can see the feminazis, but feminazis claim to be feminists, and the majority OF these feminists won't oust the feminazis, so everyone listens to the feminazis.

Feminazis are to Feminists what Islamic terrorists are to Islam

And another phrase that fits perfectly into this...

"It's because I'm black ISN'T IT?!"

Yes dear readers, simply because this person is black they are subject to criticism. Never mind that this person was caught red handed, never mind they have prior arrests, this is always ALWAYS a race thing, and how dare you think otherwise you racist shitlord.

White guilt has been a poison the media has been very keen on spreading.
Every time a minority is being criticized, "he dindu nuffin"
A black kid gets killed while fighting a police officer? "he dindu nuffin"
And we have to eat it up, the black man, and the woman, can do no wrong in this world we live in, and thinking otherwise makes you a racist cispig shitlord.
THIS right here, is why so many people are keen on being ANYTHING but white, because the white man has been demonized in this world, simply for the crime of being white.

"I am a proud, white, heterosexual male" - A Racist

And that is what really grinds my gears.

P.S. If you think your group is beyond criticism, YOU are part of the problem.

Wtf is "white guilt"? I've heard of "white genocide" before, but white guilt is news to me.

In Justice We Trust

"White guilt," at least as I understand it, is the perception that white people try to solve alleged racial issues out of guilt over their ancestors' actions and/or that any attempt to bring up modern racial issues is an attempt to guilt white people into action. Personally, I don't think it's my duty as a white person to help address the vestiges and legacy of racism still present in American society. I think it's my duty as an American to help address the vestiges and legacy of racism still present in American society. Are there people who cry racism when racism isn't a factor in what happened? I don't doubt it, and I'll readily call them out on it when I believe they're crying racism over something that has nothing to do with race. In the same vein, though, "white guilt" is something I've more often seen brought up as a means of denying that racism is still present in our society rather than as a legitimate complaint.

Oh, and for the record, Mr. Blackquill, the feminist who typed this post can't stand "Feminazis," either. The main reason I'm careful not to specifically name "feminazis" when condemning the lunatic fringe is that I've more often seen the term "feminazi" used as a derogatory term directed at all feminists than as a term directed specifically (and exclusively) at the lunatic fringe.

I agree, it's annoying when people think that you are criticizing a group when you are criticizing an individual. Sometimes, people don't seem to understand that you genuinely disapprove of someone's individual behavior-- behavior that has nothing to do with any group the individual may be part of. If I say I don't like someone's atitude, I really mean it and my opinion has no relation whatsoever to the fact that this person is black, white, purple, religious or not.

However, the thought that "the white man has been demonized in this world" is quite amusing to me and whenever someone says something of the sort I really don't understand what the hell they are talking about or how they have reached this conclusion.

In Justice We Trust

It's not as strange as it sounds. While I don't agree with the perception that white people have been demonized, I can understand why some people would feel that way. On average, white people are better off in this country than non-whites, so there's never been any sort of pressing need to call attention to problems that arise as a result of being white. Nowadays, a lot of attention is being paid to the difficulties non-whites are more likely than whites to have to deal with and how ethnicity plays an indirect role in it. Because there's so much call to give disadvantaged people a leg up, those who have the advantage might feel neglected. I'm tempted to write such a perception off as the "they're all jealous of my success" line of thinking that some rich people succumb to when whining about their tax money helping the poor, but I don't think it's necessarily that (though I wouldn't be surprised if some people did feel that way). My view is that rather than complain about how little help better-off people receive, they should be happy they don't need as much help to begin with.

Quote:
Nowadays, a lot of attention is being paid to the difficulties non-whites

Because, of course, this was never an issue for them in the last 400 years of colored history. They were doing just dandy. :ron:

C-A

General Luigi wrote:
It's not as strange as it sounds. While I don't agree with the perception that white people have been demonized, I can understand why some people would feel that way. On average, white people are better off in this country than non-whites, so there's never been any sort of pressing need to call attention to problems that arise as a result of being white. Nowadays, a lot of attention is being paid to the difficulties non-whites are more likely than whites to have to deal with and how ethnicity plays an indirect role in it. Because there's so much call to give disadvantaged people a leg up, those who have the advantage might feel neglected. I'm tempted to write such a perception off as the "they're all jealous of my success" line of thinking that some rich people succumb to when whining about their tax money helping the poor, but I don't think it's necessarily that (though I wouldn't be surprised if some people did feel that way). My view is that rather than complain about how little help better-off people receive, they should be happy they don't need as much help to begin with.

I understand your point, but what problems could possibly arise as a result of being white in the United States? I mean actual problems that are real obstacles in someone's daily life, not problems in the "media-is-paying-too-much-attention-to-other-ethnicities-and-not-to-mine" sense. That's my problem with this "what about whites" kind of complaint. It's superficial, and doesn't really seem to take into account the roots of these issues.

The Real Human Being

If people put half the effort into making the world better than they did complaining they wouldn't live in such a shitty world.

Instead of removing shit from everyone, let's put all our effort into making sure that the shit level is equal for everyone, this is "social justice" in a nutshell.

In Justice We Trust

What do you propose we normal folk do rather than call attention to problems, then, Mr. Blackquill?

The Real Human Being

Fix the problems.

I'm not saying it easy, hell it may not even be possible to 100% remove injustice from the world, but a world that promotes complaining over actions is a poor world in my opinion.

I live my life (trying) to be the better man. I never look down on people I won't try to help up. And I never demonize a group of people because of a bad experience I may have had with a few.

Well Armenians I still hesitate to do business with, never had a group so fickle about what they want and so unwilling to pay for any of it. And this is with 15+ Armenian people too. Still hoping for the day I meet one who breaks the record!

In Justice We Trust

That's just the thing. Many of the social problems that I've seen people complaining about aren't exactly things that can be fixed by, say, building a house. Prejudice is something that exists in all of us, but we can suppress it if we're aware of its presence. Calling attention to the existence of prejudice and how it hurts people (i. e. complaining about prejudice) is a key part of helping to reduce its presence. The government can help by passing laws designed to reduce institutional prejudice, such as hiring discrimination, as well as repeal laws that disproportionately harm certain people, such as laws requiring rape victims to pay for "rape kits," but it can only do so much. A lot of the social problems I often see brought up are more cultural than anything else. Oftentimes, "complaining" is really the best we can do to help address a problem. It could arguably be compared to spreading a religion. Just as I might try to spread a religion by trying to convince people that my way is the right way (never mind that I don't follow a religion), so too must we combat prejudice by encouraging people to suppress those feelings. Similarly, just as an aggressive fire-and-brimstone type might better serve the faith by not proselytizing, there are some people who are so aggressive with their rhetoric that they risk turning people toward prejudice.

The Real Human Being

By putting in a system designed around "fixing" injustice you are ultimately creating said injustice.

"Being oppressed" is SO ingrained in public consciousness of minorities that regardless of how they are treated they will attribute ANYTHING bad happening to them as "injustice"

A child grows up, he sees his father (or mother) Constantly complaining about "the white man" or "the government", and that child will grow up believing that ANYTHING bad that happens to them is entirely because they're a minority.

I don't believe racism is as bad as it was, I also personally believe that sexism as a whole is dying out.
I'm afraid of a world where "Affirmative Action" will no longer make minorities equal, it will make them more equal, Because in their eyes, they will always be oppressed.

In Justice We Trust

When and if we get that far, I'll be pushing against attempts to make minorities "more equal." We're not at that point yet, though, and considering the hostility I've seen many people expressing toward efforts to give disadvantaged people a leg up, I suspect we're still a long way away from no longer needing programs geared toward helping minorities. I support affirmative action because I currently have reason to believe it's still necessary. Once I believe it is no longer necessary, I will advocate its removal. Should it become necessary again afterwards, I will advocate its return. Are racism and sexism less prevalent and less serious now than they were in the past? Of course they are. They are still present, though, and that is reason enough for me to advocate continuing the campaign against them.

Interestingly enough, I've never actually seen people attribute their misfortunes to being a minority when such a claim was not valid. I wouldn't be surprised if some people actually had made such claims, but I've only ever seen them referenced by people who appear to deny or downplay the presence of prejudice in our society and how it is hurting people.

The Real Human Being

General Luigi wrote:
When and if we get that far, I'll be pushing against attempts to make minorities "more equal." We're not at that point yet, though, and considering the hostility I've seen many people expressing toward efforts to give disadvantaged people a leg up, I suspect we're still a long way away from no longer needing programs geared toward helping minorities. I support affirmative action because I currently have reason to believe it's still necessary. Once I believe it is no longer necessary, I will advocate its removal. Should it become necessary again afterwards, I will advocate its return. Are racism and sexism less prevalent and less serious now than they were in the past? Of course they are. They are still present, though, and that is reason enough for me to advocate continuing the campaign against them.

Interestingly enough, I've never actually seen people attribute their misfortunes to being a minority when such a claim was not valid. I wouldn't be surprised if some people actually had made such claims, but I've only ever seen them referenced by people who appear to deny or downplay the presence of prejudice in our society and how it is hurting people.

I'm a social guy, I am very VERY saddened to say that yes.. It happens with quite a few.

(mostly when they're angry, It's hard to tell the difference between a sad person lashing out and a person spouting racist bile sometimes)

Quote:
such as hiring discrimination,

I will say, that absolutely bugs me. I've been jobless for years without ever getting a long-term position. Why should some black person get hired first because of a stupid quota that needs to be filled, just because they're black? I have just as much of a need to get a job than they, so I see no reason why they should get first pick.

Quote:
Prejudice is something that exists in all of us, but we can suppress it if we're aware of its presence. Calling attention to the existence of prejudice and how it hurts people (i. e. complaining about prejudice) is a key part of helping to reduce its presence.

I'll say the same thing that I say about Tales of Symphonia, where removing racism was the theme: It won't work. You'll never 100% get rid of racism or prejudice. The only thing you can manage is to get people to keep their mouth shut about anything racist.

Quote:
I don't believe racism is as bad as it was, I also personally believe that sexism as a whole is dying out.

Unfortunately, due to things like Twilight and 50 Shades it's coming back. Because, you know, it's romantic.

C-A

Alexander James

What 50 Shades are you talking about? :eh?:

You know, a Mario game!

AJtheprogrammer wrote:

50 shades of Grey of course. I also don't see how it's sexist, since those stories were written by females.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

Alexander James

Yeah. 50 Shades of Grey is not sexist, but it's sexually offensive.

dimentiorules wrote:
AJtheprogrammer wrote:

50 shades of Grey of course. I also don't see how it's sexist, since those stories were written by females.

First of all, written by one woman. Second of all, women tend to write more sexist/misogynistic crap than men. And 50 Shades is full of it. Going just through a spork of those things, it's pointed out how Ana has to be a doormat to be the perfect wife, needs to shut her mouth, needs to take all the abuse cause he's her husband (boyfriend at first) and he's had an OH SO TWAGIC CHILDHOOD* and lots of other stuff. It's disgusting to read it.

It reads like it was meant to take place in 1980, the time when EL James was in her 20s, growing up and all. But it doesn't. It takes place in 2011. Things have severely changed in those 40 years, yet you can't tell because it feels like it's stuck in reverse. Kind of like how Ace Attorney, despite taking place in 2016+, still uses 1980s technology like phone-booths, big phones, MIDI-format ringtones and black and white photography. (Only in AA it can kind of come across as stupidly funny)

* He didn't. Yes, he was poor and went hungry until he was 4, when he was adopted by super rich people who were nice to him. AND EVEN IF HE WAS HUNGRY UNTIL HE REACHED ADULTHOOD, IT DOESN'T EXCUSE OR EXPLAIN OR ALLOW HIM TO ACT LIKE A FUCKING ASS-TESTICLE TO EVERYONE!

*explodes* :fire:

C-A

High level play

AJtheprogrammer wrote:

A teacher told us that 2 + 2 = 5, but we all know that 2 + 2 = 4. I object and say "OBJECTION! 2 + 2 is equal to 4!" What happens next? The entire classroom laughs at you because they all know that 2 + 2 = 5 and thinks that you're a dumbass.
Or maybe it's that "God is with us" thing going on. Seriously, what does God have anything to do with the math equation "2 + 2"? I don't even know what I was talking about today!

This reminds me of a story my father once told me. He was raised in a catholic school/community and my dad is/was really keen on history (especially Europe between 1900 - 2000). My father is/was also a stubborn man with very strong conviction and beliefs. When he was in school (around 15-17 year old at the time) in a history class his teacher said that the Berlin Wall https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlin_Wall was mainly erected to prevent the capitalist influence of the west away from the East. This was propaganda from the socialist side offcourse, because the true purpose of the wall was to stop to stop the massive amount of people trying to flee from the east side to the west side (from socialist to capitalist).
My father called the teacher out on this, but the teacher did not believe him and told him to not disrupt his class. You know what my young, stubborn and hotheaded father did? He dragged this teacher outside of the classroom by holding his tie, straight into the principals office with force. My father got a warning for conducting improper behaviour, but the teacher did get the order from the principal to make the adjustment in his lesson.

Moral: If you truly know/think you are in the right and have the balls to stand up for it, take it up with the highest authority and settle it there.

General Luigi wrote:

I think there needs to be made clear on what kind of level this affirmative action is taking place. If you say that minorities deserve more help on a general scale then I believe it will add injustice and more to the system. If the government is forcing me (or spends collective tax money) to help people I don't want to help then that only breeds more frustration. That's why I think governments should keep the playing field even and should a company decide to hire minorities to increase diversity (or another well-intentional reason) be freely allowed to do so. That way people who don't want anything to do with it don't get dragged into this situation and people who want to help get to do so.

Let me give an example to clarify what I meant with my previous statement:
Pierre told us not so long ago that the found a homeless person unconsious somewhere outside. If I remember correctly he gave this person water and alerted medical outhorities to help this man. While I think this is outstanding behaviour I probably would have left the guy lying there. I have prejudices about homeless people and it's a scumbag thing to do, but like many other people I would walk past them.
On the flipside however, I've once saw a guy passed out on the floor of a boulevard in Bulgaria when I was on a holiday with my friends. This guy was clearly intoxicated and passed out, but if you that in Bulgaria then you can face a heavy prison sentence or get shaken down by local thugs. This thought scared me so much that I felt inclined to help this guy out, so woke him up with water and found out where his hotel was and carried him there.
I know Pierre is not fond of people getting intoxicated and has reasonable arguments for that. Although I don't know how he would have acted in this situation I could understand not wanting to deal with the drunk guy. I did however, because I would also want help if for some reason I ended up on the floor intoxicated in a foreign country.

If you stretch this example over a society scale (because this started with feminism) that would mean I think all homeless people in the country should be abandoned and all drunks should deserve extra priviliges. I think everybody here agrees that that would be a great injustice. But when you set out to help only a specific type of person on the scale of a whole country then that feeling of injustice will arise by lots of people. Instead of complaining that one person does not want to help these 2 different persons, allow 2 different persons to help 1 person each they want to help.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

IMO, racial diversity shouldn't be the goal of any affirmative action policy, simply because the premise of that is that race should be a relevant factor in selection in the first place even if opportunity were theoretically equal for all. Affirmative action should be about equalizing opportunity, meaning that individuals don't have their chances of succeeding directly impacted upon by unreasonable means. In theory, race could be a factor, but only if it were the race itself, rather than something correlating more to one race than to another, which caused the impact, and generally the statistical difference between the opportunity the average member of a race would have compared to another race can be explained by correlated factors (region of birth/schooling, family, economic circumstances, etc). If a race-based affirmative action policy can't be justified according to this metric, then what it does is unreasonably diminishes the chances of people of some races at the expense of others on the basis of their race alone, which seems to me discriminatory.

I would give emphasis to the fact that treating race as a relevant factor in any selection process primarily exacerbates the focus on race in people more than it changes their viewpoint, so those inclined to be bigots are more likely to become even more rather than change their way of thinking. Fundamentally, my objection to this kind of policy is that they commit the same wrong that other discriminatory legislation has done in the past-- they prioritize, or give unwarranted relevance to, a person's race, at the expense of a consideration of the particular person involved. To be clear, bottom line is: you can't treat every member of a group as though they embody the "average" of that group: it's exactly that sort of attitude which leads to unnecessary stereotyping and disregard for individual nuance.

Winter Flag Trademark

You know what really grinds my gears? This:

'Error' message from Google wrote:
We're sorry...
...but your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now.

What the fuck, Google. I just searched 16 articles. Seriously? They think my PC is sending automatic queries? I can't believe they would be that stupid enough to believe that. My my, I can't believe they had to "block" my IP Address despite I'm innocent.

I've been using Google for 4 years, and this is the first time I've been IP-Banned or something. And how come they're so stupid and contradictory? Like, they shoved captchas at me to prove I'm human, and so I did. Still, they weren't pleased and just HAD to do that. Why? Become they're so damn lazy to carry on the request.

If the computer is sending automatic queries, then how the hell it overpasses a Captcha!? How about that, Google? Care to answer that? And besides, the real culprits never probably receives messages like those I quoted just now.

EDIT: Alexander, I have watched the video you linked me. My god. I can't believe they'd go so far to--*trimmed due to it being spoilerish*

Page 24 of 39 [ 1554 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 39  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices