Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 28 of 39[ 1552 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 39  Next
 


Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Gender: Male

Location: IN SPACE!

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:06 pm

Posts: 6664

CatMuto wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:
So, I don't know why people who claim to follow God can say "God hates gays." Come on, it's ridiculous.


They just pick apart the pieces of it that they like and ignore the rest.

C-A


This is religion in a nutshell right here. I'm a follower of Christ, but I never say I'm religious. I choose to follow God, not man's version of God and by choosing to do that, I try my best to adhere to everything, not adding or taking away. I'm not perfect, I mess up, but I'm willing to admit where I mess up and when I'm wrong.

And again, the thing, the thing that upsets me with so many who call themselves Christians tend to forgo the very basics. We should love our neighbor as ourselves. To show them God's love. And we should hate the act of sin as it separates us from God. This does not translate into approving of sinner's lifestyle or hating the person for the sin, yet so many end up going into either end of the spectrum.

People may disagree with me. But I just get so irked with how Christians get such a bad rep because it's usually the most vocal ones out there that don't really understand what being a Christian really means.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)


I feel the same
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14326

dullahan1 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:
So, I don't know why people who claim to follow God can say "God hates gays." Come on, it's ridiculous.


They just pick apart the pieces of it that they like and ignore the rest.

C-A


This is religion in a nutshell right here. I'm a follower of Christ, but I never say I'm religious. I choose to follow God, not man's version of God and by choosing to do that, I try my best to adhere to everything, not adding or taking away. I'm not perfect, I mess up, but I'm willing to admit where I mess up and when I'm wrong.

And again, the thing, the thing that upsets me with so many who call themselves Christians tend to forgo the very basics. We should love our neighbor as ourselves. To show them God's love. And we should hate the act of sin as it separates us from God. This does not translate into approving of sinner's lifestyle or hating the person for the sin, yet so many end up going into either end of the spectrum.

People may disagree with me. But I just get so irked with how Christians get such a bad rep because it's usually the most vocal ones out there that don't really understand what being a Christian really means.


Amen brother!

Though seriously as a Catholic myself I've spent plenty of time answering for the Sins of the Church in the past.

Its difficult being presented with two different images of the church. There's the one I had growing up that taught me about kindness and turning the other cheek.

Then there's the scandalous side the papers love to talk about. Allegations of paedophilia and homosexuality from clergymen and lay follower alike.

I just don't know what to say to folks other than "we ain't all like that." But it doesn't stop the initial confrontation.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Gender: Male

Location: IN SPACE!

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:06 pm

Posts: 6664

It's not just religions or what not though. People in general are quick to judge, especially with things they're not familiar with. I admit I've been guilty of it in the past before because it's human nature to judge so quick.

The underlying problem I see, is whether it's Christians, religious fanatics, homosexuals, feminists, atheists, Muslims, etc., if your first impression of a group is a loudmouth or extremeist who does a very poor job portraying what their group really stands for, it's going to leave a bad taste in your mouth. And the bad rep happens because most people aren't willing to dig deeper to see what these groups are about. They're just going to go by face value and what the media chooses to report.

And the other problem is people are afraid of what they don't understand, especially if what they don't understand opposes their own morals and beliefs. And the common thing I see is they'll either argue with intense hatred towards said group, or force their beliefs on the other group with no real concern at all about that person.

And I feel this is so commonplace amongst many groups that it just continues to build up more and more hate towards people and their various groups. I've always been of the mindset that if things are going to get out of hand because you can't agree, then just agree to disagree and move on.

---------------------------

Now yes, I'm a Christian, and yes, my goal is to tell others about Jesus and hope they come to know Him as their personal savior. But from what I see from my Christian standpoint, so many run this too far, and think that forcing their beliefs down others throats is going to somehow change them. If anything, it's going to turn them off.

I let my lifestyle set the example. I'll talk about Jesus, sure. But I'm not going to force it. If the other person is interested, I tell them about Jesus and what He's done for me. If they choose to follow Jesus, great. If not, yeah I get sad, but I pray for them. I don't pursue and force it on them. One thing that I think that's being lost in Christianity today is that following Jesus is a choice. Our job is to make that choice known and let the person decide. It's not our job to do that.

We show Christ through his love and how we treat others. Jesus talked about God and His love, He'd share with others who were interested. And yes, He bluntly mentioned the consequences of not coming to God. But I don't ever recall reading that He'd shove God down others throats. He'd let others choose whether they wanted to follow Him or not. God wants us to follow Him because we want to, not because we have to.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)


I feel the same
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Either I'm baking or freezing, y'all

Gender: Female

Location: San Antonio and Vermont

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:46 am

Posts: 176

You know what grinds my gears? Police brutality. I realize that by far the United States is not alone in the dubious honor of having brutal police, but it's the fact that it is right at my figurative door step and that we are supposed to be a free and tolerant nation composed of people of all different races and all walks in of life. I also know not every police officer does horrendous attacks on minorities, but it happens way too much to be simply dismissed as it has been. Even if the person has committed a crime or misdemeanor, it still does not justify being brutalized by such powerful people who are supposed to protect us, not be the instigators of fear. It also maddens me to no end that the victims are always the least powerful people who almost always are a minority and/or poor (the latter is unfortunately also tied to race as Hispanics and blacks are much more likely to be poor than whites due to systemic racism and a bunch of other things that'll be too much even for this long post) who even now are still fairly powerless to fight back despite increased awareness and coverage. It is the infuriating inability to be able to properly reprimand police officers who do this is what enables officers to be able to do these things. It just breaks my heart that kids my age and even younger who have it far worse than I do have to suffer much more for no good reason because they look different.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9918

Pierre wrote:
Though seriously as a Catholic myself I've spent plenty of time answering for the Sins of the Church in the past.


See, this is something I don't get. "Your establishment did these terrible things years ago, way before you were born. Take responsibility for it!" Like, why should I? I never did that thing, it happened before I was part of the establishment or even before I was born. Why should I apologize for something I had no part in?

It's like people telling me that, since I'm German, I should apologize to every jew I encounter, because of what the Nazis did. I don't. And won't. Let go of the past, harping on it the entire time won't help anyone, anyway, so why even bother?

Quote:
so many run this too far, and think that forcing their beliefs down others throats is going to somehow change them.


This is why you tell them that religion is like a penis. It's nice to have one, but don't wave it in my face or shove it down my throat.

Quote:
who almost always are a minority


And this is why I say that, if police were brutal or ended up killing a white person, nobody would give this much of a shit. :ron:
#blacklivesmatter my fucking constipated ass. How about all lives?

Quote:
It is the infuriating inability to be able to properly reprimand police officers who do this is what enables officers to be able to do these things.


That's a problem with your system. Somehow, police ARE put above other people and ARE put above the law because I don't fucking know why. Your system needs to change that. It'll be a super long process, because this also includes removing the damn brainwashing from society that MAKES them think that police are above the law. (Killing a cop is worse than killing a civilian? WHY?! The live still is lost!)

C-A
Image
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

____

Gender: Male

Location: Location

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am

Posts: 2451

You know what really grinds my gears?
Youtube commenters, not all of them, but a large portion of them. "Oh, you forgot the sound effect here, you suck and should kill yourself" "Oh, you have an opinion, how dare you." and then there are the people who respond to them "Go fuck yourself, scum! I bet you're a faggot!" "I'll **** your **** **** ***** **** you ***** idiot, you should go die in a fire you filthy ****"
Yeah, that helps so much and will fix everything.
_____
___
______ ___________ ______
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Alexander James

Gender: None specified

Location: Rikapan

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:01 am

Posts: 292

Yeah, the YouTube commentators are annoying.
Why do we even have dislikes on YouTube anyway?
"Stay fantastic, because that is the way of the Moon." -Alexandra James

What is easy to get into, but hard to get out of?

Check out my blog, where I post anything I want!
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

____

Gender: Male

Location: Location

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am

Posts: 2451

Exactly, nowadays they're only used for personal vendettas except for rare occasions.
_____
___
______ ___________ ______
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Winter Flag Trademark

Gender: None specified

Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am

Posts: 2216

...The Youtube Trolls, I see. Whatever happens, never join or step into the YTTP (YouTube TrollPolice). They're troll more than those fuckers out there. Seriously, unless you wanna get trolled kazillions of times, don't join.

Besides, most games in Game Jolt are often getting abused with unfair ratings these days. I don't even want to know what if they replaced Ratings with Voting System.
Image


This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

____

Gender: Male

Location: Location

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am

Posts: 2451

Yes, well if I'm being honest, I have a tendency to get involved with the trolls... I take insults very seriously, and one of the only things I ever took seriously and spent months working on was called trash and I was told repeatedly to do some of the things I said in the other post.
So whenever I see others works being insulted, I feel a need to join in. :oops:
_____
___
______ ___________ ______
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9918

Oliver wrote:
You know what really grinds my gears?
Youtube commenters, not all of them, but a large portion of them. "Oh, you forgot the sound effect here, you suck and should kill yourself" "Oh, you have an opinion, how dare you." and then there are the people who respond to them "Go fuck yourself, scum! I bet you're a faggot!" "I'll **** your **** **** ***** **** you ***** idiot, you should go die in a fire you filthy ****"
Yeah, that helps so much and will fix everything.


10 Internet Commenters
My favorite one: Plus, I can't really tell a guy to suck my balls when he's already lurking under my toilet in a wetsuit screaming at them while I shit on him.

C-A
Image
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

____

Gender: Male

Location: Location

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am

Posts: 2451

CatMuto wrote:
Oliver wrote:
You know what really grinds my gears?
Youtube commenters, not all of them, but a large portion of them. "Oh, you forgot the sound effect here, you suck and should kill yourself" "Oh, you have an opinion, how dare you." and then there are the people who respond to them "Go fuck yourself, scum! I bet you're a faggot!" "I'll **** your **** **** ***** **** you ***** idiot, you should go die in a fire you filthy ****"
Yeah, that helps so much and will fix everything.


10 Internet Commenters
My favorite one: Plus, I can't really tell a guy to suck my balls when he's already lurking under my toilet in a wetsuit screaming at them while I shit on him.

C-A

Best article ever because Pacman.
And I prefer the mindless homophobe racists, You dumb nigger, I will crush you with my superior mind! Now go back to planet Dick, fag.
_____
___
______ ___________ ______
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

I've felt worse.

Gender: None specified

Location: I'm at soup.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Posts: 1694

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Though seriously as a Catholic myself I've spent plenty of time answering for the Sins of the Church in the past.


See, this is something I don't get. "Your establishment did these terrible things years ago, way before you were born. Take responsibility for it!" Like, why should I? I never did that thing, it happened before I was part of the establishment or even before I was born. Why should I apologize for something I had no part in?

It's like people telling me that, since I'm German, I should apologize to every jew I encounter, because of what the Nazis did. I don't. And won't. Let go of the past, harping on it the entire time won't help anyone, anyway, so why even bother?

This. So much this. It pisses me off whenever I hear people (read: tumblr) going on and on about how "white people must pay for crimes against blacks from over 200 years ago," and I'm Indian. It's not like I'm going to blame all British people for their colonization of India, or all black people for the Barbary slave trade. The people living now had no hand in it; you're not going to get anywhere swearing revenge on their descendants.
Image
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Either I'm baking or freezing, y'all

Gender: Female

Location: San Antonio and Vermont

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:46 am

Posts: 176

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Though seriously as a Catholic myself I've spent plenty of time answering for the Sins of the Church in the past.


See, this is something I don't get. "Your establishment did these terrible things years ago, way before you were born. Take responsibility for it!" Like, why should I? I never did that thing, it happened before I was part of the establishment or even before I was born. Why should I apologize for something I had no part in?

It's like people telling me that, since I'm German, I should apologize to every jew I encounter, because of what the Nazis did. I don't. And won't. Let go of the past, harping on it the entire time won't help anyone, anyway, so why even bother?

Quote:
so many run this too far, and think that forcing their beliefs down others throats is going to somehow change them.


This is why you tell them that religion is like a penis. It's nice to have one, but don't wave it in my face or shove it down my throat.

Quote:
who almost always are a minority


And this is why I say that, if police were brutal or ended up killing a white person, nobody would give this much of a shit. :ron:
#blacklivesmatter my fucking constipated ass. How about all lives?

Quote:
It is the infuriating inability to be able to properly reprimand police officers who do this is what enables officers to be able to do these things.


That's a problem with your system. Somehow, police ARE put above other people and ARE put above the law because I don't fucking know why. Your system needs to change that. It'll be a super long process, because this also includes removing the damn brainwashing from society that MAKES them think that police are above the law. (Killing a cop is worse than killing a civilian? WHY?! The live still is lost!)

C-A

Regarding your comment on white people being brutalized by police, you have it slightly backwards. While white people being gunned down by police similar to how black people have been gunned down would cause outrage to more Americans, you are right in regards to how it would be ignored in mainstream media as exceptions to the non existant rule of fair treatment by police. Up until recently, the mainstream media has been fairly dismissive of police brutalization towards minorities and dismiss them as "thugs" or "criminals" when it's apparent their just minding their own business. This is where the terms like "driving while black" and "walking while black" come from since it is indicative of police stopping black people for no other reason than they might be doing something "suspicious" that no one would bat an eye at if the person was white. And while I see your point that all lives matter (and they most certainly do), it is necessary for the #blacklivesmatter movement to make the point that black lives matter since it doesn't seem that way to people in power (with a few exceptions) and has been historically ignored in the mainstream.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9918

sumguy28 wrote:
This. So much this. It pisses me off whenever I hear people (read: tumblr) going on and on about how "white people must pay for crimes against blacks from over 200 years ago,"


It pisses me off when people say that. For one, that was - as you say - 200 years ago. And for another, the lives of blacks and their standing in society has bettered a shit-ton since. In fact, I think people are so intent on 'making up' for the history, that they inadvertedly end up treating the black people better than white people - just look at blacks who get scholarships. Or even get jobs to fulfill the 'diversity' quota.

I don't want to say let's treat the black people horrible again, because that won't work. I just feel like I have to agree on the basic idea of what the more extreme people say, who hate blacks. They are getting a damn good treatment overall, yet they did nothing for it. They just have the skincolor that has a 'bad' history to it, so we have to treat them nicely, just so... what, exactly? We prove that we don't whip them for daring to open their mouths anymore? To indirectly say sorry to their relatives, who have lived through those times but are likely dead by now? What will it bring? What's the result? It's not like treating a black better will honestly make me think of them as my equal, I will just treat them better, for fear of being ostracized by society for being 'racist'.

Quote:
to make the point that black lives matter since it doesn't seem that way to people in power (with a few exceptions) and has been historically ignored in the mainstream.


You said it yourself: it's the few policemen who are obviously abusing their power that are giving the bad image. Get rid of those policemen, take their badges away and prevent them from ever getting access to a gun again* and things will get better. Sure, they will still be prejudiced, and likely racist, assholes in their private life, but they won't have the actual authority anymore.

* Yes, I am heavily against guns for civilians. It makes no SENSE to have them anymore in this day and age. Back when the constitution was written, that was around the time of a civil war! We also had less safely-built houses and were still in wilderness, so the fact that we met predators like bears or similar was a higher possibility than nowadays, so you needed something to really protect yourself against that. But that was centuries ago, AGAIN, and it doesn't apply to this day anymore. (Honestly, I do NOT blame the Japanese media to portray Americans as gun-crazy in things like manga or anime, the way people are about their goddamn guns in that place)

C-A
Image
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am

Posts: 6446

People trying to be assholes when waiting on line for a book signing or anything in general. While I was waiting for Kishimoto with my friend, assholes were already saying they were gonna cut in line when the store opened and push people if they couldn't get in since there was a limit of how many people can get in. Did find it funny when one guy grabbed his chair and threatened to hit them with it if they tried. Haha
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

The Chocolateholic of CR

Gender: Male

Location: Unknown

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:40 am

Posts: 2818

You know what really grinds my gears? Guys and girls don't give guys or girls depending on if they are gay or bi or straight or lesbian, any chances. Do they think this is all a game to them not giving anybody any chance to date them but to earn it by going through The Gates of Hell and such? FFS Stop playing this foolish game of your.
Image
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9918

Anthony wrote:
You know what really grinds my gears? Guys and girls don't give guys or girls depending on if they are gay or bi or straight or lesbian, any chances. Do they think this is all a game to them not giving anybody any chance to date them but to earn it by going through The Gates of Hell and such? FFS Stop playing this foolish game of your.


Maybe they make them go through the gates of hell because they don't want to have to go through a chance with you, but are too scared of being direct and just saying "No, don't even try"? Just guessing.

C-A
Image
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Gender: Male

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm

Posts: 926

I honestly think people need to grow up and just say they aren't interested then. It's not fair to the pursuer when the pursuee lets them think there's hope for things working out when the pursuee isn't interested in the slightest.

Oh, and agreeing to go out with someone, then a couple days later, but still before the event, asking if that's "just as friends?" Stop pulling that crap. Confirm it before you agree to go out with them, or just deal with it.
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9918

TheDoctor wrote:
I honestly think people need to grow up and just say they aren't interested then.


You're honestly expecting TEENS, the epitome of immature-behavior-though-they-should-know-better-since-they're-not-children-anymore, to actually be mature and honest about something? :ron:

Yes, I'm generalizing, since this is a teen thing to do.

C-A
Image
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

____

Gender: Male

Location: Location

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am

Posts: 2451

CatMuto wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:
I honestly think people need to grow up and just say they aren't interested then.


You're honestly expecting TEENS, the epitome of immature-behavior-though-they-should-know-better-since-they're-not-children-anymore, to actually be mature and honest about something? :ron:

Yes, I'm generalizing, since this is a teen thing to do.

C-A

People say I'm mature and it makes me sick. Praise CatAfro and her wise words.
_____
___
______ ___________ ______
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9918

Oliver wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:
I honestly think people need to grow up and just say they aren't interested then.


You're honestly expecting TEENS, the epitome of immature-behavior-though-they-should-know-better-since-they're-not-children-anymore, to actually be mature and honest about something? :ron:

Yes, I'm generalizing, since this is a teen thing to do.

C-A

People say I'm mature and it makes me sick. Praise CatAfro and her wise words.


I admitted that my generalizing was wrong, but (according to Twilight) that automatically makes it okay for me to do so.

C-A
Image
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

____

Gender: Male

Location: Location

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am

Posts: 2451

And we all know Twilight is a very accurate source of information.
_____
___
______ ___________ ______
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Gender: Male

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm

Posts: 926

CatMuto wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:
I honestly think people need to grow up and just say they aren't interested then.


You're honestly expecting TEENS, the epitome of immature-behavior-though-they-should-know-better-since-they're-not-children-anymore, to actually be mature and honest about something? :ron:

Yes, I'm generalizing, since this is a teen thing to do.

C-A

Nope, I've mainly had this trouble with women in their 20's.
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Art Person

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 3102

What's grinding my gears is going into the uni toilets and finding either manually clogged toilets or ones that people never clean afterwards...
I swear, if you're going into the sit down toilets, aim in the large hole in the center! It's like people are doing target practice and failing miserably! Everything but the center is hit...
I wonder if maybe people've forgotten how to use a toilet? :ron: is that even possible??
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

____

Gender: Male

Location: Location

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am

Posts: 2451

SuperAj3 wrote:
What's grinding my gears is going into the uni toilets and finding either manually clogged toilets or ones that people never clean afterwards...
I swear, if you're going into the sit down toilets, aim in the large hole in the center! It's like people are doing target practice and failing miserably! Everything but the center is hit...
I wonder if maybe people've forgotten how to use a toilet? :ron: is that even possible??

I errr... I'm kind of one of the people who do target practice with the toilets... Sorry... :payne:
_____
___
______ ___________ ______
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Elohim Essaim Elohim Essaim

Gender: Male

Location: San Antonio, TX

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:37 pm

Posts: 314

SuperAj3 wrote:
What's grinding my gears is going into the uni toilets and finding either manually clogged toilets or ones that people never clean afterwards...
I swear, if you're going into the sit down toilets, aim in the large hole in the center! It's like people are doing target practice and failing miserably! Everything but the center is hit...
I wonder if maybe people've forgotten how to use a toilet? :ron: is that even possible??


I agree completely. It's just terrible, especially in high school. Why does this happen?! Because, you know, it's fun to open all the stall doors and then decide to hold it after seeing all of the toilets filled up.
But seriously, it's just absolutely disgusting.
"I'm in lesbians with you" - Scott Pilgrim
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Gender: Male

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm

Posts: 926

SuperAj3 wrote:
What's grinding my gears is going into the uni toilets and finding either manually clogged toilets or ones that people never clean afterwards...
I swear, if you're going into the sit down toilets, aim in the large hole in the center! It's like people are doing target practice and failing miserably! Everything but the center is hit...
I wonder if maybe people've forgotten how to use a toilet? :ron: is that even possible??

I actually came across one bathroom that had a "please aim" label on the toilet.

And if that wasn't bad enough, I saw an out of order sign placed over where a urinal used to be. The urinal wasn't even there, but they had to put an out of order sign where it used to be!
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4187

SuperAj3 wrote:
What's grinding my gears is going into the uni toilets and finding either manually clogged toilets or ones that people never clean afterwards...

Ugh. That brings back unpleasant memories of my own time dealing with communal bathrooms in college. As a joke, I once proposed that the punishment for failing to flush should be a swirly.
SuperAj3 wrote:
I swear, if you're going into the sit down toilets, aim in the large hole in the center! It's like people are doing target practice and failing miserably! Everything but the center is hit...
I wonder if maybe people've forgotten how to use a toilet? :ron: is that even possible??

Not quite. I can safely say from personal experience that some people are prone to what I call "misfires." I can't speak for everyone who hits the seat, but at least in my case, it's never on purpose (to say nothing of the fact that I always make sure the seat is up before relieving myself). As such, I can excuse someone hitting the seat (or the floor or their own pants, as is often the case). What I can't excuse is someone not cleaning up the mess they made in the process.
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

The cape is self-fluttering

Gender: Female

Location: The Bostonius

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Posts: 2842

SuperAj3 wrote:
What's grinding my gears is going into the uni toilets and finding either manually clogged toilets or ones that people never clean afterwards...
I swear, if you're going into the sit down toilets, aim in the large hole in the center! It's like people are doing target practice and failing miserably! Everything but the center is hit...
I wonder if maybe people've forgotten how to use a toilet? :ron: is that even possible??


It's not much better in the ladies' room, unfortunately. There are more hoverers than I care to count. And of course they love to leave their mess for the next person to clean. And that's not counting the things they do during that time of the month... :ron:
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

Image
...NAILED IT
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Gender: Male

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm

Posts: 926

Speaking of public restrooms, the person who invented the urinal needs to be (assuming they're still alive) struck with a temporary bout of incontinence. I don't know how many times I've really had to use a sit down toilet, only for them to be full up at the time. Plenty of free urinals, but no free toilets. Why? I
The women's restrooms aren't paired with this blight (to the best of my knowledge), why must the men's restroom suffer this idiocy?
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9918

Those are all reasons why I never go into public restrooms.

You know what really grinds my gears? This stupid response to criticism of: "Let's see you do better/I don't see you making (medium)" and similar.

It's a whiny, immature response to criticism - I know that not every criticism you get will be constructive and properly point out a mistake you made or something that could definitely improve, if you polish it up a bit or even when you wrote a character doing something completely out of character. The world, and especially the internet, is full of jerks who are likely to criticize something you've been working on for no good reason.

But replying with "Nye, nye, nye, I don't see your name listed under the prize-winning names of (medium) creators" just makes you look like a baby that is waving its hand-on-nose at someone and trying to rile them up. Even if you say it with no negative intention, but honestly want to encourage someone to do something, like Tite Kubo (creator of Bleach): "If you have the talent to draw something more interesting than Bleach, you should become a manga artist right away. If it's interesting, it will definitely be more successful than Bleach." comes across as quite mean.

As anyone knows, there's a difference between having the talent of coming up with ideas and then having the talent of actually putting such things on paper or other medium. I have great ideas for stories or manga pages, but I just have difficulty getting them to look exactly as they do in my head. Maybe I just am better at putting my stories to the paper in written format, rather than visual. That shouldn't invalidate my opinion or work, just because it's not the same medium as the thing I am criticizing.

And this isn't even getting into the people who really mean the comeback as an insult and want nothing but make someone feel stupid or tell them that they have no right to complain, unless they have done something on the same caliber. (And yes, I was on the receiving end of a version of this phrase, because, since I don't actually make videogames myself, I obviously have no right to complain about stupid changes that are based on things that can be changed before the game is released)

C-A
Image
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

You know, a Mario game!

Gender: Male

Location: Canada, eh?

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Posts: 1957

TheDoctor wrote:
Speaking of public restrooms, the person who invented the urinal needs to be (assuming they're still alive) struck with a temporary bout of incontinence. I don't know how many times I've really had to use a sit down toilet, only for them to be full up at the time. Plenty of free urinals, but no free toilets. Why? I
The women's restrooms aren't paired with this blight (to the best of my knowledge), why must the men's restroom suffer this idiocy?

When I was a kid, I actually pooped in a urinal because I was really desperate and there were no toilets available. I was about four or five, so I hadn't been potty trained for too long at that point. I don't remember this myself; I only know about it because of my Mom telling me about it.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Art Person

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 3102

General Luigi wrote:
SuperAj3 wrote:
What's grinding my gears is going into the uni toilets and finding either manually clogged toilets or ones that people never clean afterwards...

Ugh. That brings back unpleasant memories of my own time dealing with communal bathrooms in college. As a joke, I once proposed that the punishment for failing to flush should be a swirly.
SuperAj3 wrote:
I swear, if you're going into the sit down toilets, aim in the large hole in the center! It's like people are doing target practice and failing miserably! Everything but the center is hit...
I wonder if maybe people've forgotten how to use a toilet? :ron: is that even possible??

Not quite. I can safely say from personal experience that some people are prone to what I call "misfires." I can't speak for everyone who hits the seat, but at least in my case, it's never on purpose (to say nothing of the fact that I always make sure the seat is up before relieving myself). As such, I can excuse someone hitting the seat (or the floor or their own pants, as is often the case). What I can't excuse is someone not cleaning up the mess they made in the process.

I agree. I can understand misfiring, but when it's on the floor, the underside of the lid and around the bowl I think it's more than just missing XD .
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4187

CatMuto wrote:
You know what really grinds my gears? This stupid response to criticism of: "Let's see you do better/I don't see you making (medium)" and similar.

For me, I think it's more so that my own skill (or lack thereof) has no bearing on the quality of the work I'm criticizing. I don't need to build a ship myself to be qualified to say that the Vasa was poorly designed.
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9918

General Luigi wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
You know what really grinds my gears? This stupid response to criticism of: "Let's see you do better/I don't see you making (medium)" and similar.

For me, I think it's more so that my own skill (or lack thereof) has no bearing on the quality of the work I'm criticizing. I don't need to build a ship myself to be qualified to say that the Vasa was poorly designed.


Exactly. My lack of or experience in creating has no impact on my opinion. I don't need to have written a bestseller book, drawn a long-running manga series or created a box hit/cult classic movie, just to be 'allowed' to criticize something in that medium. If we actually go by that goddamn logic, nobody is allowed to ciriticize or even praise anything - because, if I need to have worked in that field to criticize it, you would need to have worked in that field to praise it. Because otherwise, how would you know if something is actually good?

C-A
Image
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Alexander James

Gender: None specified

Location: Rikapan

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:01 am

Posts: 292

I totally agree, that is an amateur response to criticism.

If you can't take criticism from people,you should probably give up.
From the past 25 years, I know that some people will criticize your work for no good reason.

My best answer is accept these criticisms and use them to improve your work.
"Stay fantastic, because that is the way of the Moon." -Alexandra James

What is easy to get into, but hard to get out of?

Check out my blog, where I post anything I want!
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Winter Flag Trademark

Gender: None specified

Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am

Posts: 2216

You know what really grinds my gears? Blogspots. I'm really jealous to see people being able to blog as much as they want to in blogspots; while people in our country can not even walk into the Blogspots anymore. Why, you ask? THEY DON'T WANT TO DIE, FOR THE LOVE OF...

Lately, Blogspots are targetted as some sort of an asinine shot-down zone. Sheesh, 8 people were at least killed just for posting at the blogging site.

This is ridiculous. Even though the reason for killing was acceptable, but tell me... JUST THE FUCK WHY WOULD YOU TAKE SOME BLOGGER'S LIFE WHEN YOU COULD JUST REPORT THE BLOG POST, GODDAMNIT?!

Blogspot is getting a really bad rep here, and you only have the asassins to thank. Thanks a lot, now I really can't blog at those popular sites; as doing that is the same as inviting death. Jeez.
Image


This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

____

Gender: Male

Location: Location

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am

Posts: 2451

That's kind of similar to something I considered putting here...
You know what really, really, REALLY grinds my gears?
People who dox (Using someone's IP address to get access to phone numbers, real name, address and more) and post it on the Internet.
There are fucked up people in the world, and you post all of an innocent persons information on the Internet for saying a bad word about you, possibly leading to Swattings, deaths and more.
In fact, one time I got doxed and was fucking terrified. :beef:
_____
___
______ ___________ ______
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9918

Patchouli Knowledge wrote:
Even though the reason for killing was acceptable, but tell me...


Excuse me? :eh?:

C-A
Image
Image
Page 28 of 39 [ 1552 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 39  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
cron
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO