Court Records
https://forums.court-records.net/

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β
https://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=27159
Page 31 of 39

Author:  Thelema [ Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

You know what intrigues me? How people are so certain about things. Their ideology, religion, personal view on politics, etc. Where all this certainty comes from?

For example, these school shootings. I think this is a very complex issue, and at the moment I have no clue about what could be the definite solution for it. I see a lot of people talking with so much conviction about the subject on media. Why are they so sure? It's difficult for me to think they believe "truth" is so simple. Like something fixed, set in stone.

Like this guy I know. He thinks he has everything figured out. Maybe he has. Keeps the same opinion about things for years. Like, when he decides on something, that's it. The end. No "what if's", no exploration of alternatives. My aunt is like this, too. They are consistent, and always stick to their guns. Not a bad thing. But I can't see myself being like this. It would be fucking suffocating.

Author:  tiger_festival [ Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

dangerousoffender wrote:
For example, these school shootings. I think this is a very complex issue, and at the moment I have no clue about what could be the definite solution for it. I see a lot of people talking with so much conviction about the subject on media. Why are they so sure? It's difficult for me to think they believe "truth" is so simple. Like something fixed, set in stone.

If they wanted to, at the very least, reduce the amount of school shootings, they could try not shoving the killer in our faces.

Author:  Mister Gruel [ Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

You know what really grinds my gears? When people state something they don't like and then say "you know what I'm talking about."

You know what I'm talking about.

Author:  CatMuto [ Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

Mister Gruel wrote:
You know what really grinds my gears? When people state something they don't like and then say "you know what I'm talking about."

You know what I'm talking about.


I always tell those people to please elaborate - while I may know 'what they're talking about', maybe they have different reasons for not liking it.

C-A

Author:  Pierre [ Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

CatMuto wrote:
Mister Gruel wrote:
You know what really grinds my gears? When people state something they don't like and then say "you know what I'm talking about."

You know what I'm talking about.


I always tell those people to please elaborate - while I may know 'what they're talking about', maybe they have different reasons for not liking it.

C-A


Makes sense, it's a conversation starter. "You know what I'm talking about?" They are asking for your input on the matter or fishing for interest. XD Nothing really wrong with it I'd say.

Ye ken wit grinds me gears?

DDOS attacks on Christmas time, happened last year happened this year. Lotta people upset and disheartened. I mean it's not MASSIVE to me, I'm a grown man who can live without these things and has patience. I'm thinking more for younger kids who are super excited to play things on Christmas but can't access the network or download their games (as some Christmas consoles come with download codes instead of hard disks now). For them it'd be like Christmas was cancelled as they are stuck with this useless expensive piece of kit for a whole day. Can't even go to the shops to buy a copy of something to play.

Then that'll have a knock on effect when they complain to their parents.

I just don't get why :ron: Perhaps some kind of protest against the big companies?

Author:  Mayu Igiyooki [ Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

Pierre wrote:
Ye ken wit grinds me gears?

DDOS attacks on Christmas time, happened last year happened this year. Lotta people upset and disheartened. I mean it's not MASSIVE to me, I'm a grown man who can live without these things and has patience. I'm thinking more for younger kids who are super excited to play things on Christmas but can't access the network or download their games (as some Christmas consoles come with download codes instead of hard disks now). For them it'd be like Christmas was cancelled as they are stuck with this useless expensive piece of kit for a whole day. Can't even go to the shops to buy a copy of something to play.

Then that'll have a knock on effect when they complain to their parents.

I just don't get why :ron: Perhaps some kind of protest against the big companies?

I've actually passed by a Kotaku Article informing that Steam has been apparently DDoS attacked; resulting in many people being able to log into others accounts, and all that batshit. Resulting in a risk of Identity Theft. Lucky me, I don't have a Steam Account. Heck, I even seen some computer viruses whose payloads are on Christmas Day.

Author:  Nerdowl [ Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

Mayu Igiyooki wrote:
I've actually passed by a Kotaku Article informing that Steam has been apparently DDoS attacked; resulting in many people being able to log into others accounts, and all that batshit. Resulting in a risk of Identity Theft. Lucky me, I don't have a Steam Account. Heck, I even seen some computer viruses whose payloads are on Christmas Day.


That actually turned out to be a Cache error rather than a hack but it was still a mess: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015- ... on-exposed

ETA: Valve have released a proper statement about this now - http://store.steampowered.com/news/19852/?snr=1_550_552

Author:  cyanoscarlet [ Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

You know what really grinds my gears? Pushy old people who meddle in things young people are perfectly capable of handling, just because their age entitles them to that. Especially when they are no better than you at doing that thing.

You try to help out, but instead get scolded for it. By old people who obviously can't do a better job in it than you. And you have no choice but to defer to their wishes because they're older than you. Way to ruin New Year's Day.

Personally, it's honestly not so much of a big gripe, but other young people in our group have noticed this, too. Probably why no young people join our group anymore, because they'd have to involve themselves with said oldies.

Author:  CatMuto [ Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

Know what really grinds my gears? The stereotype of a kid having had super strict parents and said kid growing up to be SUPER hands-off with their own, because they want to give them the freedom they were denied. YES, I AM LOOKING AT YOU, TOPH FROM AIRBENDER!

I understand that kids grow up differently, but do these people think that the concept of MODERATION just plain fucking doesn't EXIST?! Why do these people ALWAYS, always, ALWAYS ONLY learn about moderation when they get the big blow up and suddenly see the revelation of the Concept Of Moderation? It's so stupid and overused. What sane person WOULD let their kids do whatever the fuck they want, regardless of giving them consequences, just because they were kept on a leash when younger? Moderation! Everything can be done in moderation, but nooooo. You have to be Either/Or. There IS no in-between in the world of fiction.

C-A

Author:  Pierre [ Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

cyanoscarlet wrote:
You know what really grinds my gears? Pushy old people who meddle in things young people are perfectly capable of handling, just because their age entitles them to that. Especially when they are no better than you at doing that thing.

Personally, it's honestly not so much of a big gripe, but other young people in our group have noticed this, too. Probably why no young people join our group anymore, because they'd have to involve themselves with said oldies.


Its going to be unfortunate for them when they realise they can't do much about it. I work in care for older people so I get where you are coming from when it comes to adhering to peoples wishes even when you know they won't help solve a problem.

Sounds like something happened though, what group is this you are talking about?

Author:  cyanoscarlet [ Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

Pierre wrote:
cyanoscarlet wrote:
You know what really grinds my gears? Pushy old people who meddle in things young people are perfectly capable of handling, just because their age entitles them to that. Especially when they are no better than you at doing that thing.

Personally, it's honestly not so much of a big gripe, but other young people in our group have noticed this, too. Probably why no young people join our group anymore, because they'd have to involve themselves with said oldies.


Its going to be unfortunate for them when they realise they can't do much about it. I work in care for older people so I get where you are coming from when it comes to adhering to peoples wishes even when you know they won't help solve a problem.

Sounds like something happened though, what group is this you are talking about?


Church service.

I actually just apologized to them the whole time earlier. As we were leaving the service, my fellow young church fellow told me not to mind them, that they were simply feeling entitled and stuff. (Even our youth director mentioned before he didn't want to deal with them because of this attitude. Didn't give it much thought until now haha.) Normally I wouldn't feel so bad about it, but to be chewed out after the service for doing things "wrong", aka the usual way we do the service when they're not there (which is, like, every Sunday), and on New Year's Day, no less. Just... Ugh.

In any case, I'm sure they'll forget. It's not like I'm a habitual "offender" or anything. Hahahah.

Author:  Pierre [ Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

I hope young folks treat us with as much patience as you do when we're old XD.

Its not really acceptable to be like that but old folks don't want to feel outdates and invalidnto society so they want to help contribute and put in their two cents. Methods that worked fine for them in the past, the only ways they know that work.

I hope the young folks ain't too put off by their attitudes.

Author:  cyanoscarlet [ Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

^ Very perfectly said. Amen to that.

Thanks! I'm not exactly the paragon of patience, though. I'm mostly the opposite by nature, in fact. I guess you just learn to get something out of every situation, and it somewhat tempers your personality, know it or not. So I just dismiss this as lesson learned in a way :basil: I'll keep your words in mind, for sure.

Author:  CatMuto [ Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

You know what really grinds my gears? Well, more like a pet peeve.
Stating that someone pregnant is carrying the baby 'in their belly'.

No! The baby is NOT inside the stomach. The baby is not being digested! Get it right, people!
At least say, I dunno, 'below your heart' which is super vague but, technically, still correct.

C-A

Author:  Franzise Deauxnim [ Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

bel·ly (bĕl′ē)
n. pl. bel·lies
1. See abdomen.
2. The underside of the body of certain vertebrates, such as snakes and fish.
3. Informal
a. The stomach.
b. An appetite for food.
4. The womb; the uterus.

Author:  CatMuto [ Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
bel·ly (bĕl′ē)
n. pl. bel·lies
1. See abdomen.
2. The underside of the body of certain vertebrates, such as snakes and fish.
3. Informal
a. The stomach.
b. An appetite for food.
4. The womb; the uterus.


I've never encountered a teacher or doctor telling me that 'belly' can refer to the uterus. Belly was always stomach, maybe intestines. Never about the reproductive organ.

C-A

Author:  venatrixlunaris [ Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

CatMuto wrote:

I've never encountered a teacher or doctor telling me that 'belly' can refer to the uterus. Belly was always stomach, maybe intestines. Never about the reproductive organ.

C-A


I mean... not from a doctor or teacher, but I've heard plenty of people refer to the "belly" as just kind of "anywhere below the ribs"?

Author:  CatMuto [ Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

venatrixlunaris wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

I've never encountered a teacher or doctor telling me that 'belly' can refer to the uterus. Belly was always stomach, maybe intestines. Never about the reproductive organ.

C-A


I mean... not from a doctor or teacher, but I've heard plenty of people refer to the "belly" as just kind of "anywhere below the ribs"?


My legs are part of my belly, too? :ron:
It sounds stupid. Not to mention incredibly juvenile when an adult or going-on-adult says it. Go back and study basic anatomy before having sex.

C-A

Author:  Pierre [ Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

CatMuto wrote:
venatrixlunaris wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

I've never encountered a teacher or doctor telling me that 'belly' can refer to the uterus. Belly was always stomach, maybe intestines. Never about the reproductive organ.

C-A


I mean... not from a doctor or teacher, but I've heard plenty of people refer to the "belly" as just kind of "anywhere below the ribs"?


My legs are part of my belly, too? :ron:
It sounds stupid. Not to mention incredibly juvenile when an adult or going-on-adult says it. Go back and study basic anatomy before having sex.

C-A


Why? It's in the dictionary and defined pretty clearly.

If they go back and study basic anatomy they are just going to see that "belly" can refer to uterus.

Author:  Franzise Deauxnim [ Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

If you don't like the way the word sounds, that's one thing, but complaining because people aren't using the word correctly when it would have taken you two seconds to Google it and find out they were just makes you look ridiculous. :yogi:

Author:  Mister Gruel [ Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

You know what really grinds my gears? When people say "I broke my leg" when they actually broke their foot!

Author:  CatMuto [ Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

Mister Gruel wrote:
You know what really grinds my gears? When people say "I broke my leg" when they actually broke their foot!


Or, more precise, the ankle. Yeah, it's part of the leg and foot, but it's still a completely different thing and has a different way of healing. Then again, my gears-grinding is when people think a twisted or sprained ankle is a reason to go home from work. Dude, I twist and sprain my ankle so much... it's not that painful. Walk it off. :ron:

C-A

Author:  Franzise Deauxnim [ Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

ykwrgmg

When people (usually elderly I've noticed) go into the express lane in stores and hold everyone up because they need to fill out a check (welcome to the 21st century, stop using those), it's their first time ever using a credit card and can't figure it out, they have no idea where they put their money, etc.

Some of the people who go through the EXPRESS LANE actually are in a hurry.

Author:  CatMuto [ Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Some of the people who go through the EXPRESS LANE actually are in a hurry.


Not to mention, most people in express lane aren't buying a whole lot to begin with - or I'm confusing it with X Items Or Less lines. I have no idea why one would still use checks in this day and age, anyway. It was even weird to read about Alice's highschool having 'How to balance a checkbook' as part of a "Things Seniors Need To Know Before They Graduate" class. And those books take place in our time (though originally began in what felt like the late 1980s, understandable, it was a long running series)

I mean, I guess, technically it'd be good to know how to do that, but most of the time... also, can't you fill some of that stuff out prior? Not the amount, but the receiver and such?

C-A

Author:  Franzise Deauxnim [ Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

You sure can, and that would be the sensible and considerate thing to do rather than waiting until you're fully checked out before digging through your purse to even find the checkbook.

I can see using checks if you want to, say, send someone some money as a gift, but there doesn't seem to be much other use for them in this day and age when everyone has credit and/or debit cards.

Author:  Franzise Deauxnim [ Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

More gear grinding!

Lately I've noticed a lot of stores that, when they owe you a little change back, the cashier asks if you want the change.

What the hell? YES, I want my change! If I tell you when I give it to you that I don't need it, that's one thing, but don't try to shame me into letting you get away with keeping my money, do your damn job and fish it out of the cash drawer! Sorry to "inconvenience" you.

On a related note, what's with cashiers that say "Here you go" when they give you your order and expecting the customer to say "Thank you"? That's not how it works! YOU, as a representative of your store, are supposed to be thanking ME for giving your business money! Why should I thank you for giving me what I paid for?

How did the service industry get so ass-backwards?

Know what else grinds my gears? When you go to pay a bill over the phone instead of trying to work your way through their confusing, glitchy website and they tack on a surcharge for doing it that way. Why? The operators are being paid to work either way and it's not like you're getting less money by taking it over the phone. Do you stick people with a surcharge if they call for technical support or other simple questions?

Author:  CatMuto [ Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

Depends on the amount of change. Sometimes, if it's only a few cents, I can understand not wanting it. And Germany is talking about removing 1 and 2 cent pieces, so I would understand that being part of that plan, but still. Course you want your change. It's still your money. Besides, if you keep not giving change, you have too much in your cash register at the end of the day and wouldn't that lead to questions from the boss? (How often can a cashier honestly remember who did or did not want their change?)

C-A

Author:  Franzise Deauxnim [ Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

Like I said, if the customer says they don't need change, that's fine, but the cashier shouldn't be the one asking. It's almost like they're asking for a tip or saying they'd rather not be bothered to get the change out; it's just lazy and rude.

Author:  Pierre [ Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

In the "thank you" example I wouldn't say its necessarily for the sheer process of serving you.

Its probably for providing you with a positive and enjoyable sales experience. I know I've had many a sales experience where the cashier just looks dead inside and not interested in helping you at all.

They might be contractually obligated to help you but that doesn't always mean they have to be nice about it.


Though I never really thought "here you go" as a statement that indicated the individual wanted thanks anyway. To me it is a nicer statement than "these goods legally belong to you now, do what you will with them".


Also on the flip side they are providing you with a service as well. Its a mutually beneficial agreement. At best outcome I'd say both sides should thank each other for ensuring their continued coexistence.

Author:  venatrixlunaris [ Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
On a related note, what's with cashiers that say "Here you go" when they give you your order and expecting the customer to say "Thank you"? That's not how it works! YOU, as a representative of your store, are supposed to be thanking ME for giving your business money! Why should I thank you for giving me what I paid for?

How did the service industry get so ass-backwards?


Isn't it basic politeness to trade pleasantries like that when interacting with people? I work in a movie theater serving popcorn and other concessions, and I have to say, if someone came up to me with that attitude, I am certainly not going to want to thank them for anything. "Here you go! Have a nice day!" is basic politeness when giving the customer what they ordered. Sometimes they say thank you, sometimes they don't. It doesn't mean anything. I think I've heard it described as "social lubricant" - are you actually thanking the cashier for doing their job? Not really, but you're saying the words that mean "I acknowledge that we are having a polite interaction." But I'd be offended if they act all huffy that I didn't thank them (I mean, for what? Making me serve them popcorn? I get paid the same amount whether or not anyone comes in.)

Author:  CatMuto [ Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

Pierre wrote:
I know I've had many a sales experience where the cashier just looks dead inside and not interested in helping you at all.


Well, now, that depends on how they are feeling or how late in the shift it is. I've had days were I still keep my smile up, but would really just show my real face of 'relaxed muscles that looks like resting bitch face' because I was tired from the shift or, rarely, had an emotional breakdown before and still worked.

Quote:
Isn't it basic politeness to trade pleasantries like that when interacting with people?


You wanna tell that to customers who get openly huffy IN FRONT of you - and other customers - and begin to have a temper tantrum because JEEZ, are you honestly expecting THEM to be POLITE to YOU, a SERVANT? Seriously. Try it. And film the resulting explosion on the customer's side, it'll be hilarious to see. :ron:

C-A

Author:  Pierre [ Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

Quote:

Well, now, that depends on how they are feeling or how late in the shift it is. I've had days were I still keep my smile up, but would really just show my real face of 'relaxed muscles that looks like resting bitch face' because I was tired from the shift or, rarely, had an emotional breakdown before and still worked.


Sure and I'll be understanding and probably not make a big deal about it (unless the service was actively aggressive for it) but it won't change the fact it wasn't really a positive experience.

Quote:
You wanna tell that to customers who get openly huffy IN FRONT of you - and other customers - and begin to have a temper tantrum because JEEZ, are you honestly expecting THEM to be POLITE to YOU, a SERVANT? Seriously. Try it. And film the resulting explosion on the customer's side, it'll be hilarious to see.


"Servant" is a bit of a grand term. After all the store management can refuse service if they so choose. If the customer doesn't play by the rules of respecting the staff they just won't get anything.

Author:  CatMuto [ Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

Quote:
Sure and I'll be understanding and probably not make a big deal about it (unless the service was actively aggressive for it) but it won't change the fact it wasn't really a positive experience.


Positive Schmositive, it doesn't have to be an 'experience' at all. It's a necessary action to pull off on a, usually, weekly basis, going shopping for food or beverages. I mean, do you call every trip to the toilet an 'experience'?

Quote:
"Servant" is a bit of a grand term. After all the store management can refuse service if they so choose. If the customer doesn't play by the rules of respecting the staff they just won't get anything.


Ahahahahahahaha! :gant: I've read way too many stories of tantrum-throwing customers getting what they want (attention and 'rewarded' for their tantrum) by pushover managers. If they don't get what they want or are actively thrown out for not playing by the rules, that's the exception.

C-A

Author:  Pierre [ Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

CatMuto wrote:

Positive Schmositive, it doesn't have to be an 'experience' at all. It's a necessary action to pull off on a, usually, weekly basis, going shopping for food or beverages. I mean, do you call every trip to the toilet an 'experience'?

Quote:
"Servant" is a bit of a grand term. After all the store management can refuse service if they so choose. If the customer doesn't play by the rules of respecting the staff they just won't get anything.


Ahahahahahahaha! :gant: I've read way too many stories of tantrum-throwing customers getting what they want (attention and 'rewarded' for their tantrum) by pushover managers. If they don't get what they want or are actively thrown out for not playing by the rules, that's the exception.

C-A


To the first part: "No" I don't always call it an experience, but you can bet your ass the staff's employers will call it a customer experience. Really I would only remark on things that were good and bad as "experiences". However this is just arguing semantics. My point was I'll get if someone is upset and sour-faced but it won't change the fact they'll be failing to provide a good "experience" as they are instructed to. I just won't make a big deal out of it unless the staff member is actively rude to me.

To the Second Part: Yeah but you go looking for those stories (based on how you often browse on that retail hell site) which details especially bad cases so this is not surprising in the slightest.

The business WANTS to serve you so often they'll try and accommodate an upset customer (after all people make mistakes, sometimes customers have good justifications for being upset) but if it gets abusive there is always that option. You reading lots of stories about raging customers getting their way does not change that.

Author:  venatrixlunaris [ Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

CatMuto wrote:
Ahahahahahahaha! :gant: I've read way too many stories of tantrum-throwing customers getting what they want (attention and 'rewarded' for their tantrum) by pushover managers. If they don't get what they want or are actively thrown out for not playing by the rules, that's the exception.

C-A


Haha, well, I have to say - I don't like one of my managers much, but I have to admire that she takes no shit and is perfectly willing to throw customers out if they're being egregiously obnoxious.

(Last Father's Day, it was kinda rainy and was also opening weekend for Minions and still the first week of Inside Out, so it was the busiest the theater had ever had and we ran out of popcorn three times. (One of the managers had to drive to our sister theater in a neighboring town and bring back big bags of their popcorn to supplement it.) There were a bunch of people getting so angry that they couldn't get their popcorn immediately - as much as we tried to explain "We're popping it as fast as we can, people are just BUYING IT FASTER" - I had one woman practically throw a temper tantrum in the lobby that we should be serving her before the people who had actually been waiting in line, because reasons. Eventually the manager on duty snapped at her that she either needed to wait in line or leave and she demanded a refund and left without even seeing the movie, I think. That day was sure an Experience.)

Author:  Mister Gruel [ Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

venatrixlunaris wrote:

Haha, well, I have to say - I don't like one of my managers much, but I have to admire that she takes no shit and is perfectly willing to throw customers out if they're being egregiously obnoxious.

(Last Father's Day, it was kinda rainy and was also opening weekend for Minions and still the first week of Inside Out, so it was the busiest the theater had ever had and we ran out of popcorn three times. (One of the managers had to drive to our sister theater in a neighboring town and bring back big bags of their popcorn to supplement it.) There were a bunch of people getting so angry that they couldn't get their popcorn immediately - as much as we tried to explain "We're popping it as fast as we can, people are just BUYING IT FASTER" - I had one woman practically throw a temper tantrum in the lobby that we should be serving her before the people who had actually been waiting in line, because reasons. Eventually the manager on duty snapped at her that she either needed to wait in line or leave and she demanded a refund and left without even seeing the movie, I think. That day was sure an Experience.)


I'm ashamed to admit that I would've done the same if I didn't get my popcorn.

Author:  CatMuto [ Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

Why would you bug up that much about popcorn? It gets stuck everywhere and you can enjoy the movie without it. Plus, you'd make the person cleaning the room inbetween shows (who was me, at one point) so happy by not risking dropping any junk that needs to be cleaned up.

You know what really grinds my gears? People always making a huge stink about something that someone with autism did.

Ooooh, look! This person has autism and they did something for me. I MUST SHARE THIS STORY ON THE INTERNET AND GET THEM PRAISED BECAUSE I WAS NICE TO THEM! Hey, being nice to people is a common courtesy thing, you do it whether the other has autism or doesn't. Stop making it seem like autism is the new thing that brings about geniuses! And stop praising them for tiny things! I wiped my ass this morning! PRAISE ME!! :tigre:

Or making a huge stink when someone else was nice to someone you know with autism. Sure, let's give them a fucking Merit Medal. They deserve it. Because they were nice. Why do people act like common courtesy is SUCH a praiseworthy thing? Did things really change so much in how you raise people since the '90s, when I was born? I was taught and raised to be nice to people - but allowed to become snippy if they act like total assholes to me. Has that disappeared? Stop treating people with autism like the next freaking Dalai Lama!

C-A

Author:  Mister Gruel [ Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

CatMuto wrote:
and you can enjoy the movie without it.


oh no

nonononononononononononono :pft:

Author:  venatrixlunaris [ Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

Mister Gruel wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
and you can enjoy the movie without it.


oh no

nonononononononononononono :pft:


It's just not the same

Author:  Nerdowl [ Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

People really always buy popcorn when they go to the cinema?

Is it a case of it being cheaper in the states or something? :oops: Here in the UK it'd cost almost £5 ($7.12) more if you did that (and that's for the smaller size). It's bad enough that the cinema tickets themselves can sometimes be over £10 each on their own.

Page 31 of 39 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/