Court Records
https://forums.court-records.net/

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β
https://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=27159
Page 39 of 39

Author:  Southern Corn [ Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

CatMuto wrote:
Student678 wrote:
And besides, children under the age of 13 aren't even allowed on that site!


You seem to think people actually follow that rule. :will:
Facebook is also only for 13+, but there are a ton of people who
A) are below that age and still browse/have a page themselves
B) are parents that let their young child read their posts (and demand other people to censor themselves, because by god, no way will we let Junior read a bad word...)
C) are BABIES with their own pages already... (granted, made by the parents, but that just shows you how insane it is)

C-A

Same with YouTube. Go to any big channel for kids and see the comment section. Full of kids definitely under 13. Of course half of them are just using their parent's account to post or something.

The comments there are really something else, honestly. It's actually kinda hilarious seeing how these children comment. :basil:

Author:  Student678 [ Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

Thing is, since it's the rules, you can't just break the rules and let an underage child on the site and then demand that all the "mature" content is censored just for that underage child. You break the rules, you face the consequences. And one of those consequences being psychological trauma from seeing stuff that you're not old enough to see. If DeviantArt is a site where you can only join if you're 13 years or older, then you should not go reporting art for mature content if you are <13 years old.

Author:  Student678 [ Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

When people in the Pokémon GTS put up unevolved starters and ask for Legendary Pokémon like Arceus. What? I have to get a freaking ARCEUS and give it away all for a measly starter Pokémon? You CAN breed the damn things. And I HATE how people "trade" with me just to show off their legendaries and never actually trade with me. What the actual hell!?

Author:  General Luigi [ Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

You know what really grinds my gears? People tacitly (or, God forbid, explicitly) calling for summary executions.

So for those of you who don't know, the United States recently had another terrorist attack and our President is calling for the suspect (who, to be fair, is probably guilty) to be executed. I personally oppose the death penalty on principle, but that's not why calls for summary execution bother me. I can understand the outrage over such high-profile acts of violence as the recent terrorist attack and I can't claim to think highly of the guilty party. However, this is more than simply a matter of the rights of mass murderers. We offer everyone a fair trial because our criminal justice system is fallible. We have arrested innocent people in the past. We have, sadly, also executed innocent people in the past. The rights suspects are given, such as the right to remain silent, the right to a fair trial, and protection from torture, are there to reduce the likelihood of an innocent person being punished--and we still screw it up on occasion. If we start making exceptions for people who are widely believed by the general public to be guilty, we dramatically increase the risk of punishing innocent people; our justice system would effectively become a glorified lynch mob. Until the verdict has been handed down, the rights of the innocent and the rights of the guilty are one and the same; you cannot deny one without denying the other.

Author:  Pierre [ Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

Isn't there a particular thing about it being the president who called for this?

Puts extra pressure on the jury as well since the command comes from your highest office.

Author:  Thelema [ Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

This makes me sad... I mean, the direction the world seems to be going to. Everything seems so motivated by hatred and fear. So divisive. I never though I would consider a nuclear war in 2017, but this year I was somewhat scared of it, with the growing tension between North Korea and the US. This is strange, because some years ago I never imagined that an actual, serious nuclear war threat could occur.

Sometimes I think things seem to be changing for the worst. Or maybe we are just living this historical era marked by tension between West and East, and by a big right-wing wave. Globalization too, which is something complex and totally new... maybe we don’t know how to deal with it yet. But, anyway, troubled times. The beginning of the 21st century.

Author:  Yellow Magician [ Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

People say that the world is better than it has ever been, but because we're bombarded by the media about all the horrible stuff 24/7, we make everything out to be a sign of the apocalypse.

But honestly, that just makes me think...if the world is this shit NOW, how shit must it have been before???

Author:  Pierre [ Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

Yellow Magician wrote:
People say that the world is better than it has ever been, but because we're bombarded by the media about all the horrible stuff 24/7, we make everything out to be a sign of the apocalypse.

But honestly, that just makes me think...if the world is this shit NOW, how shit must it have been before???


Things are pretty horrible yeah. I'd say they are probably worse than they were before mostly though that really depends on what we are calling 'before'.

Author:  General Luigi [ Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

A lot of the good things happening in the world are fairly mundane compared to the bad things, especially when it comes to what the media reports. A politician remaining honest isn't going to make the news, for example. A reported steady decline in poverty might make it into a single article at the time of the report, but it's not going to be all over the news between the time of the report and the time of the next one. The big, juicy stories tend to cover things that can generally be regarded as either something bad or something that only happened because of something else that happened to be bad.

Author:  Thelema [ Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

You know what grinds my gears? Sometimes, when I tell people that I don’t plan to have kids in the future, I get an “wow u selfish” as answer. I think having a “mini-me” just for the sake of having a mini-me is plenty selfish.

But, anyway. If being “selfish” means having free time and resources to enjoy myself, less expenses, peace of mind, a good night’s sleep, a great sex life and freedom to do whatever I want, then hell yes, I am selfish. I honestly don’t understand people who don’t see the benefits of living the prime years of your youth/adulthood without kids.

Author:  Southern Corn [ Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

YKWGMG? Myself! I just realised I could upload an image privately on imgur without having to publish it there. I swear, it took me way too long to figure that out. Though the way it was worded was a bit unintuitive as well.

Author:  Gwen Stacy [ Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

All the senseless acts of violence that have occurred this year is quite alarming also the hurricanes too I'd preferably like to see all this violence cease and getting that fool out of the white house would be a step in the right direction. As for our legal system its reached an all time low.

Author:  General Luigi [ Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

You know what really grinds my gears? People I refer to as "fake converts."

I've seen people claim to have formerly held a particular religious and/or political view only to abandon it. I don't deny that people's views can change, and I'm not going to hate someone for disagreeing with me politically or following a religion. However, I have a special disdain for people who falsely claim to have held the same views I hold until [insert event here] happened and convinced them to change their ways. The most recent example that occurs to me is an alleged "former atheist" whose account of her time as an atheist is full of stereotypes about atheists (she says she was a hedonist who hated religion and religious people) and her alleged reason for converting involves the "post hoc, ergo propter hoc" fallacy (something mundane that can easily be chalked up to coincidence happened after she prayed for it to happen).

I've also seen more than my share of "former liberals" or "former conservatives" who claim to have changed their views after some sort of unforgivable view their fellow liberals/conservatives embraced, only for their frequent stereotyping of their former ideology to suggest that their story is false. Especially frustrating are the people who claim to have voted for a different candidate than their own posting history suggests they did. Yes, I totally buy that you voted for Trump and now regret it, person whose posts date back to 2015 and are consistently pro-Clinton.

I try to be respectful toward people who disagree with me, no matter how abhorrent I might find their views and/or attitude. When they demonstrate a willingness to lie to me and anyone else listening, though, that respect is gone.

Author:  Thelema [ Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

I find this kind of thing pretentious and arrogant, because people are assuming they are one step ahead of you. "You know, I used to be a (leftist/conservative/insert something here) just like you, but I grew out of it". IMO they are basically implying one view is superior to the other, because they personally held one view when they were "younger" or less "experienced", and then moved to another one.

You know what? I've just given up on politics. Period. I'm just done with all this BS, and I don't think any political ideology can be "right" or reflect the complexity of the human experience. I think politics is naive, really. I have positions on some issues, but I no longer call myself "this" or "that". No labels. Labels are all about being simplistic.

Author:  Southern Corn [ Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

Politics has really worsened recently. Especially in 2016. Whatever website you were on, even on unrelated topics people were still talking about politics. It's extremely frustrating because it pretty much consumed the internet for a long time. Thankfully it's somewhat reduced since them, but even still it's quite bad.

Author:  Student678 [ Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

When I get logged out of the school's internet simply because I put my computer to sleep. I used to be able to access the internet immediately after my computer wakes up but now I have to go to the school's login page to log back in. But at least I don't have to enter my username and password again.

Author:  General Luigi [ Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

You know what really grinds my gears?

Spoiler: Political, but condemns elements on both "sides." Will delete post if requested.
People insisting that their interpretation of a particular political ideology is the only true way and anyone who disagrees with them on any detail are not "true" adherents of said ideology. I refer to people who hold such attitudes as "ideological inquisitors." I've seen this on both the right and left here in the United States. During the 2016 Presidential election, a fair number of disgruntled Sanders supporters claimed Clinton was not a true liberal, even going so far as to call her a Republican in disguise. Likewise, I've seen such terms as "RINO" (Republican In Name Only) used by certain right-wing elements to describe anyone who doesn't adhere 100% to a particular interpretation of right-wing ideology.

This particular rant was triggered by the condemnations Tomi Lahren, a somewhat well-known American right-wing commentator, received over her opposition to overturning Roe v. Wade (a Supreme Court case whose ruling forbade states to fully ban abortion). Ms. Lahren and I disagree on a great many things, but her being pro-choice does not disqualify her from being right-wing. People hold a wide variety of political views on a similarly wide variety of issues; disagreeing with what is seen as the "standard" view on one or two issues does not disqualify someone from being an adherent of that ideology. This insistence on strict adherence to a specific interpretation of an ideology on every issue, coupled with the denunciation of anyone who deviates from that interpretation on even one issue, reminds me very much of how organized religions have in the past been (and in a few cases, still are) prone to pushing a single interpretation and suppressing any alternative interpretations. Thankfully, as far as I'm aware, American political parties have yet to start killing their own supporters for "heresy," but the overall spirit of the attitude strikes me as the same.

Author:  Pierre [ Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

General Luigi wrote:
You know what really grinds my gears?

Spoiler: Political, but condemns elements on both "sides." Will delete post if requested.
People insisting that their interpretation of a particular political ideology is the only true way and anyone who disagrees with them on any detail are not "true" adherents of said ideology. I refer to people who hold such attitudes as "ideological inquisitors." I've seen this on both the right and left here in the United States. During the 2016 Presidential election, a fair number of disgruntled Sanders supporters claimed Clinton was not a true liberal, even going so far as to call her a Republican in disguise. Likewise, I've seen such terms as "RINO" (Republican In Name Only) used by certain right-wing elements to describe anyone who doesn't adhere 100% to a particular interpretation of right-wing ideology.

This particular rant was triggered by the condemnations Tomi Lahren, a somewhat well-known American right-wing commentator, received over her opposition to overturning Roe v. Wade (a Supreme Court case whose ruling forbade states to fully ban abortion). Ms. Lahren and I disagree on a great many things, but her being pro-choice does not disqualify her from being right-wing. People hold a wide variety of political views on a similarly wide variety of issues; disagreeing with what is seen as the "standard" view on one or two issues does not disqualify someone from being an adherent of that ideology. This insistence on strict adherence to a specific interpretation of an ideology on every issue, coupled with the denunciation of anyone who deviates from that interpretation on even one issue, reminds me very much of how organized religions have in the past been (and in a few cases, still are) prone to pushing a single interpretation and suppressing any alternative interpretations. Thankfully, as far as I'm aware, American political parties have yet to start killing their own supporters for "heresy," but the overall spirit of the attitude strikes me as the same.


I dunno, maybe they aren't 'killing' people but I'm pretty sure Trump's thrown at least one politician under the bus for speaking "heresy". A career death of sorts.

Perhaps politicians are trying to push a certain ideology to solidify it and change what the original ideology is? The right wing government in America is coming down more diabolical than ever based on some of the decisions they are going with right now. Perhaps their dissidents aren't considered 'true' republicans because they want to send a message about what the Republican party stands for 'now'.

Author:  Pierre [ Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

The General Data Protection Regulations are grinding my gears in a way but only because I don't think people are following them properly.

When I was looking over it I felt it was pretty clear that organisations could no longer presume consent for things or make things complex and tricky for your marketing. In short I felt they were meant to make it easier to manage and still use the website without selling all my data to advertising organisations.

Cept now when I use websites, they just stick a huge banner up with a giant button requesting permission to mass-accept cookies or else the banner doesn't go away. When I try and manage my settings most of them are set to "Opt in" which is presuming my consent and then I need to go through them all manually choosing to opt out or else I can't use the website.

Its a pain in the ass and if I was confident in the law I'd kick these companies in the gut for this behaviour. I value the GDPR and how it protects my data but with the methods these websites use they are just making things unusable unless you give them consent.

Author:  Student678 [ Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

People using their phones, or even having earphones in while walking around!

Okay, I might seem like some grumpy old person hating on millennials/kids these days but I'm one myself! I don't hate phones myself but when your head is in the phone and you've got earphones in and you're walking on the street, it's friggin' dangerous, I swear to God.

Take it from me who rides bikes on footpaths because it's so much safer than putting myself in front of cars that can either skittle me or whack me with their doors (and complain of dents in their car doors) since everyone hates cyclists and this morning I was riding to school and came up to a man who was walking in the same direction as me and he was right in the middle of the footpath, mind you. I imitated a ringing noise because my bell was broken no thanks to some stupid idiot High Schoolers (from the normal high school, I go to the Catholic school) but he didn't take notice. He kept moving in the same direction I was steering as I was approaching, and I was at the edge of the kerb when I passed him by, and only then did he seem to notice. He friggen had earphones in and probably had his head in his damn phone! Would he even notice if someone tried to attack him from behind? Would he even notice if someone tried to run over him with a CAR???

I myself physically CANNOT use a phone while walking, or even riding, for that matter, and I tend to rely on my ears and hearing a lot, especially when it comes to my road sense. It's the first warning that there is an oncoming car. And I can't afford to have earphones in, since they shut out all other noises. I can only listen to music in my head.

I just wish these dickheads would get their heads out of their phones and pay attention to their Arceusdamn surroundings or they would get run over/crashed into/suddenly attacked by without their notice because they were too absorbed in their phones to even see the brazen attacker coming.

Author:  Student678 [ Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

When people on Discord rage at me for pinging them because it's their bedtime or they're trying to sleep. I really don't get that! If you need to sleep, then go the heck to sleep and TURN OFF YOUR BLOODY DEVICES!!! Silence your phone or whatever! And besides, I don't know your hecking timezone! No one does! I turned notifications off on my phone and I can't get a notification if my laptop's lid is down!

TL;DR: Forget the device, save your work, shut down your device and go to sleep.
In other words, I s i t r e a l l y t h a t i m p o r t a n t ?

Author:  dimentiorules [ Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

One in 5 children nowadays learn how to use a smart phone or tablet before they learn how to speak! If that doesn't say something about our current society, I don't know what does.

Author:  GericaMania [ Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

My high school classmates as I am currently planning my high school class’ 10 year reunion. I was not a class officer but since all but one of our officers have decided to not respond to emails from our class president, I offered to help them out. They are many states away and finishing up their Master’s, at the moment. There were many polls done about how much people were willing to pay for tickets, when they wanted to have it, who would attend etc.

I booked ($325 deposit and all) a good restaurant in our area with a private room for the event on August 10th. The date 25+ of our 166 person class said they would attend. I priced the tickets at $40 which is well below the $55 ticket they were willing to spend. I posted the link to buy tickets and set up early bird tickets to encourage people to buy them now.

As of today, we have 11 people who have bought tickets or verbally told me they are mailing money for the tickets. Some of these have significant others.

Now, I know that this is 10% and that’s a good turnout but when the polls said otherwise this is a disappointing number. About 75% of the class still lives in the greater hometown area. It is also more disappointing when some of the other boys have decided to start joking around social media about having their own reunion because all of them are still friends who never left town. The whole thing was booked only because the last time cancelling it was mentioned, a bunch of people freaked out and now these same people aren’t committing.

We’re having the debate of whether to even keep it on the books. My husband and I would just use the deposit to have a nice dinner and split up the tab. To be honest, this was not the date I wanted to have it and would much rather travel (7 hours) to celebrate my grand niece's first birthday. But if we call it quits, I am not helping next time. Shouldn’t have helped this time.

Author:  Pierre [ Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

GericaMania wrote:
My high school classmates as I am currently planning my high school class’ 10 year reunion. I was not a class officer but since all but one of our officers have decided to not respond to emails from our class president, I offered to help them out. They are many states away and finishing up their Master’s, at the moment. There were many polls done about how much people were willing to pay for tickets, when they wanted to have it, who would attend etc.

I booked ($325 deposit and all) a good restaurant in our area with a private room for the event on August 10th. The date 25+ of our 166 person class said they would attend. I priced the tickets at $40 which is well below the $55 ticket they were willing to spend. I posted the link to buy tickets and set up early bird tickets to encourage people to buy them now.

As of today, we have 11 people who have bought tickets or verbally told me they are mailing money for the tickets. Some of these have significant others.

Now, I know that this is 10% and that’s a good turnout but when the polls said otherwise this is a disappointing number. About 75% of the class still lives in the greater hometown area. It is also more disappointing when some of the other boys have decided to start joking around social media about having their own reunion because all of them are still friends who never left town. The whole thing was booked only because the last time cancelling it was mentioned, a bunch of people freaked out and now these same people aren’t committing.

We’re having the debate of whether to even keep it on the books. My husband and I would just use the deposit to have a nice dinner and split up the tab. To be honest, this was not the date I wanted to have it and would much rather travel (7 hours) to celebrate my grand niece's first birthday. But if we call it quits, I am not helping next time. Shouldn’t have helped this time.


If it's not worth doing I'd chuck it. A first birthday is way more important than a run of the mill reunion that people aren't committing to anyway.

Author:  Milky [ Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

What truly grinds my gears is when my friends find out I'm taking in commissions and they message me for art... and ask for a discount. I say I don't do discounts and they get really offended. "But I'm your friend, what do you mean I don't get a discount." Not even my family gets discounts and they understand that. I don't get discounts when I buy all these supplies to even be able to open up commissions. Then they complain that my hourly charge is "too high". It's $20 per hour. That's actually the minimum. A successful/professional artist friend of mine looked ever my work and told me I have been severely underselling myself and she helped me a lot with how to price commissions. Also, not only do I not have prints, I sell the original drawings. So that gets thrown in too along with time, supplies, and details. I don't understand what's so hard to comprehend? You're paying me to do something that you clearly cannot do and I'm fine with that. I won't go up to my cosmetology friends, or graphic artist friends, etc and ask them to do something for me and then ask for a discount. It's just rude.

Author:  DoMaya [ Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

Milky wrote:
What truly grinds my gears is when my friends find out I'm taking in commissions and they message me for art... and ask for a discount. I say I don't do discounts and they get really offended. "But I'm your friend, what do you mean I don't get a discount." Not even my family gets discounts and they understand that. I don't get discounts when I buy all these supplies to even be able to open up commissions. Then they complain that my hourly charge is "too high". It's $20 per hour. That's actually the minimum. A successful/professional artist friend of mine looked ever my work and told me I have been severely underselling myself and she helped me a lot with how to price commissions. Also, not only do I not have prints, I sell the original drawings. So that gets thrown in too along with time, supplies, and details. I don't understand what's so hard to comprehend? You're paying me to do something that you clearly cannot do and I'm fine with that. I won't go up to my cosmetology friends, or graphic artist friends, etc and ask them to do something for me and then ask for a discount. It's just rude.



I think it depends more on what they're asking you to draw, like I ask for all of my art friends to draw a picture of Maya to add to my collection, I'm not asking for something super fancy but I appreciate a doodle. I've had people give me really good ones and people give me really basic ones, but I appreciate them all the same.
If they're asking for professional level work at a discount then I understand your frustration, but I know a lot of artists (traditional artists too!) who gladly give discounts for friends and family.
(Mind my main example is a traditional airbrush artist who did it for a living, and the cost of supplies was low because he had all of them already)

I'm not trying to start an argument and if you think I'm attacking you please say so, but don't assume that anyone even implying a discount is being an ass about it.
That being said, the people who get offended when you explain no, are they really your friends?

Author:  Milky [ Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

No worries, I'm not feeling attacked. Sadly everyone that's asked me ended it with "I'm your friend, I should get a discount." Not one person said it was a joke or anything. If they don't have the amount I tell them that I can just put their commission on hold until they have what they need or I'd allow installments where they can pay whatever they can until they pay it off. I'd just hold the drawing until it's paid and full and mail it. My post was about the "friends" that toss the whole discount thing because we know each other and tell me I'm charging too much. No, I wouldn't consider them a friend after that tbh.
If you're good at something never do it for free. Is all I'm saying.

Author:  Thelema [ Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

I want to vent about political ideologies and beliefs in general. I don’t want to attack anybody; I don’t hate anybody. Just making that clear.

It is just that I’m tired of how many people adopt reductionistic, simplistic, black-and-white views to interpret the reality around them. They often believe in what they believe in because of their environment: they were born to Christian/Muslim parents, therefore they are Christian/Muslim. They were born to leftist/conservative/centrist parents, therefore they are leftist/conservative/centrist. They live in a culture where Protestantism is prevalent, therefore they think Protestantism is right and Catholicism is wrong (or vice-versa). Do you see where I’m getting at? People have beliefs for many different causes, and it is almost never because they find their belief the most logical one (no matter how they try to fool themselves and debate rationally). They are lawyers, using all the rhetorical tricks they can to defend their interests. They are not driven by a desire to find out what the truth is, nor driven by a desire to promote what is better for everyone. In most cases, they are all about themselves.

Unlike these people, I don’t really have any set of fixed ideologies. I don’t believe in anything; I am unable to be so sure about complex matters like they are.

I don’t know, I just don’t get people. They believe in things too easily and lack skepticism; they rarely seem to question views and preconceived notions that are obviously very fragile and debatable. They are not aware of how little they know about the world, and this is sad.

Author:  Milky [ Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

What's grinding my gears today is animal abuse/abandonment.
If you can't take care of an animal, please don't get one... Someone I know received a puppy from their neighbor and he was in love. He spent every waking moment with this puppy. He named him Boris. Boris loved him a lot; always following him around, crying when he was gone, etc. Fast forward 2 years later the guy gets a girlfriend and literally abandons this dog. He leaves him with a relative and he's gone for days. He's moving soon and he's taking Boris with him, but he never picked him up. He's been away for almost a week and was supposed to take him yesterday and he didn't call or text or anything. I am livid because he always yells at people that abandon their animals, but yet he's doing it to his own companion. It's just wrong... He's done the same before with another dog. He dropped him off on me and left me with all the medical bills and late fees, etc. All my life I was told "He's not your dog, he's my dog", but when I move away he's suddenly 'mine'? It's messed up. I mean I took care of that dog for his entire twelve year existence. Aside from vet bills, I took care of him. I just don't see why he'd want a dog for the companionship, but then drop him for a woman coming into his life. You can give her attention, but he has to remember that a dog is yours until he dies. He'll love you forever. A significant other comes and goes. I just needed to vent. Sorry.

Author:  Jean Descole [ Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

Ugh, don't get me started on people who mistreat animals. :zap:

And I don't get people who neglect their dog for a new love interest. I think a dog is a great litmus test for whether or not that person should be in your life (well, most of the time :missle: )

Author:  Student678 [ Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

Imaginary partner: I hate cats get your cat away from me or I won't be your friend.
Me: Well I like cats, so don't try to kick them out, just leave them alone. And if you wanna be my partner, you gotta respect the fact that I like cats, or else I won't be your friend!
Agi: *feline laughing in the distance*

Seriously, nothing's gonna stop me from taking the utmost care for my pets...

Author:  Milky [ Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?β

I've never put anyone over my pets. Ever. They were always loved and cared for by me. Wehn I was dating my ex I had to choose between going to visit him for a few days or take my rat to the vet. I took my rat to the vet. It doesn't show I love my partner less, but I mean I've made a choice to have these animals, so I'm gonna take care of them. I've made that promise to them and I intend to keep it.

Page 39 of 39 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/